Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cookie-Sniffing, Heterosexually Married Public Defender Dies Mysteriously in Mexico

OK, Datalounge, do your thing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 5, 2023 2:22 AM

He looked sweet. It doesn't seem like a public defender is the type to recklessly drink and fall off a balcony. Maybe he was being robbed.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2023 10:40 PM

Gayface for days!

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2023 10:45 PM

He was too hot for his wife.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2023 10:48 PM

This poor gay—er, straight dude.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2023 11:37 PM

Wow, he was really cute

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2023 11:40 PM

He must have been doing some pro boner work.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2023 11:46 PM

The report of his death is vague, wounds to the head identified as not suspicious

by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2023 12:00 AM

Well, when you fall three stories you’re going to land somewhere. And I’m sure you’ll have injuries to your head.

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2023 12:11 AM

The family suspects foul play and is fighting the Mexican government over cremating his body.

by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2023 12:17 AM

Didn’t the California coroner examine the body already?

by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2023 12:20 AM

Mexican officials have no fucks to give.

by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2023 12:23 AM

This is very bad for business.

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2023 2:00 AM

So I am trying to understand what happened. So the GoFundMe says he died off the walkway outside of their room. So his wife I assume was asleep in the room? He left for some reason, and was found at the bottom of the walkway outside.

So he could have been having a clandestine meeting with either rough trade or a drug dealer that killed him. To accidentally fall to death he would have to be shit faced, it's not something you would do even while normal drunk. But it can happen if you are black out and stumbling.

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2023 2:09 AM

I'm thinking Latino hooker of some kind.

by Anonymousreply 14January 19, 2023 2:22 AM

^ Latino hooker involved in the death, I mean

by Anonymousreply 15January 19, 2023 2:23 AM

[quote] He was too hot for his wife

Agree

by Anonymousreply 16January 19, 2023 2:31 AM

Candy Spelling strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 17January 19, 2023 2:50 AM

R13 Sew buttons!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 19, 2023 2:53 AM

I always for the simplest explanation: the wife murdered him.

by Anonymousreply 19January 19, 2023 2:55 AM

Women typically murder a husband for money. What money is she going to get for bumping off a public defender r19...?

by Anonymousreply 20January 19, 2023 2:59 AM

The husband looks like Alex from One Day at a Time.

by Anonymousreply 21January 19, 2023 3:08 AM

He looks like the lovechild of Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel.

by Anonymousreply 22January 19, 2023 3:10 AM

Congratulations R13! Four sentences starting with “So” in the one post.

This could be a Datalounge record - well done!

by Anonymousreply 23January 19, 2023 3:12 AM

Who knows what his financial status was? Maybe he had life insurance? Or maybe she caught him with a Mexican boy and threw him over the railing in a jealous rage? Money isn't the only reason spouses murder each other...

by Anonymousreply 24January 19, 2023 3:15 AM

How is a wound to the head deemed not suspicious? What are they doing down there in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 25January 19, 2023 3:18 AM

He is a young man who died suddenly while on vacation. He had wounds in his head when he died. Not suspicious ????

by Anonymousreply 26January 19, 2023 3:23 AM

Public defenders don't make much. Money motive is unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 27January 19, 2023 3:26 AM

I actually think there's something vaguely sinister/creepy about the guy. Not that it's necessarily related to how he died

by Anonymousreply 28January 19, 2023 3:49 AM

Mom of California lawyer Elliot Blair is ‘beyond devastated’ by his mysterious death in Mexico

The mother of California lawyer Elliot Blair — who died in mysterious circumstances while on vacation with his wife — said she is “beyond devastated” as the family continues to demand answers from Mexican authorities.

Stella Blair wiped tears from her face as she spoke to The Post on Tuesday from her home in Placentia, Calif. She said she has been overwhelmed by the outpouring of concern from her son’s friends and colleagues at the Orange County Public Defender’s Office, where he had worked since 2017.

“He had so many friends and each friend can’t believe they have lost him,” she said. “They each felt he was their brother, it’s just amazing. Everybody he touched, he uplifted with messages of encouragement.”

Mexican authorities have yet to provide details as to what led to Blair’s death but family members and colleagues, who have set up a GoFundMe page, said they believe the 33-year-old “was the victim of a brutal crime.”

Stella Blair refused to comment further on the circumstances surrounding her son’s shocking death, saying the family’s lawyers are still looking into it. Colleagues have questioned the Baja California Attorney General’s Office’s determination the incident was an “unfortunate accident.”

Blair and his wife, Kim Williams, were celebrating their one-year anniversary at the posh Las Rocas Resort and Spa in Rosarito, about 40 miles south of San Diego, when he allegedly fell from the third-story floor of the hotel on Jan. 14.

Local law enforcement sources told ABC News on Monday that Blair, 33, had a forehead injury “that would not have been caused by a fall.”

Blair is survived by his wife Kim, who also works for the public defender’s office. Blair was always conscientious about helping others — an attribute that served him well in his role as an assistant public defender, his mother said.

“He always saw the good in everyone,” said Stella. “He poured so much into each of his clients because he wanted to make sure they all had an opportunity. He went beyond the call of duty, and his clients knew that and believed in him.” She said her son decided he wanted to become a lawyer in sixth grade after he was inspired by a public defender who spoke at his school.

Meanwhile, California private investigator John Jenks, who worked with Blair on several cases, told The Post he was “concerned personally and professionally” by why Mexican authorities made such a quick determination by ruling the death a simple accident.

“In a case like this, I’m just really so concerned about the Mexican law enforcement authorities and the objectivity and honesty of their investigations,” Jenks said. “I hope that they can get somebody really good down there to do a good forensic evaluation, examination of the site and gather any evidence. I hope Elliot wasn’t murdered. It’s just tragic. He was such a good guy with such a bright future.”

The family has hired a private investigator on the case. The Post has reached out to the Blairs’ attorney for comment.

“Physical evidence will be crucial in a case like this, unless there’s witnesses,” Jenks said. “Then it’s going to come down to the pathologist and their findings. Hopefully the pathologist will do an honest, objective workup on it … so they don’t leave any stone unturned.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 19, 2023 4:16 AM

Family claims he was not drunk

An American attorney found dead in Mexico was ‘the victim of a brutal crime,’ his family claims

An American public defender who died this month while celebrating his first wedding anniversary in Mexico “was the victim of a brutal crime,” his family said, noting a coroner’s liaison told them the case was sent to a local prosecutor “to conduct a possible homicide investigation.”

Elliot Blair, 33, a deputy public defender in Orange County, California, died from “severe head trauma,” the liaison said, citing an autopsy, according to a family statement provided by their attorney, David Scarsone.

Blair was found dead Saturday at the Las Rocas Resort in Rosarito Beach – a 45-mile drive south of San Diego – where he and his wife Kim were staying.

The Baja California Attorney General’s Office said the death appeared to be the “result of an unfortunate accident from a fall by the now deceased from a third-story floor,” according to its statement to the Orange County Register. The agency did not immediately respond to CNN’s request for comment. Rosarito Beach police did not immediately return CNN’s calls.

Blair’s family has not had contact with Mexican law enforcement about his death, they said. “The family, which has extensive legal training in criminal law, wholeheartedly believes based on their initial investigation, that Elliot was the victim of a brutal crime,” its statement reads.

Husband was not intoxicated, family says

While Blair’s relatives do not offer any specific evidence of a crime, they dispute his death occurred off the couple’s resort room balcony and say it happened outside the room’s front door in an open-air walkway, according to the statement.

“Elliot was not intoxicated at the time of this incident,” the family said, adding they told the coroner’s liaison they’ll hire a private firm to conduct an independent investigation, including toxicology. The liaison had told them a toxicology report had not been completed, they said.

The family opposes cremation of Blair’s body, they said, noting that in conversations with a funeral home they have been told several times that authorities have recommended that process.

A fundraiser in honor of Blair’s memory has been organized by a colleague to help Blair’s wife with the “cumbersome process involved in transporting Elliot’s body from Mexico to the USA and dealing with all the red tape,” reads the donation page set up by Annie Rodriguez, to whom CNN has reached out.

“We wish we could provide everyone with more information, but very limited information has been disclosed by authorities in Mexico,” it reads.

Elliot and Kim had been in the public defender’s office in Orange County since 2017, the page states. “Elliot was known for a smile on his face and a clever mind,” the site reads. “There are not enough words to express the level of love he had for Kim. Kim was his life. They just started building a life together in their first year of marriage.”

Orange County Public Defender Martin Schwarz referred CNN to Scarsone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 19, 2023 4:21 AM

Have all of Shanquella’s “friends” been accounted for?

by Anonymousreply 31January 19, 2023 5:02 AM

Our theoretical Mexican boy may have done the throwing, R24.

by Anonymousreply 32January 19, 2023 6:34 AM

Oh hunny, he got on Sniffies and was SNUFFED!

by Anonymousreply 33January 19, 2023 7:31 AM

He obviously OD'd on Mexican cum. I mean, duh!

by Anonymousreply 34January 19, 2023 7:43 AM

Any cock pics?

by Anonymousreply 35January 19, 2023 7:45 AM

[quote]How is a wound to the head deemed not suspicious? What are they doing down there in Mexico.

[quote] He had wounds in his head when he died. Not suspicious ????

JFC, Columbos. Did you even read? He fell from three stories up. No, it’s not suspicious he had head injuries after a fall like that.

Would you expect him to have got up and walked away uninjured?

by Anonymousreply 36January 19, 2023 2:53 PM

Every bakery in Central America was being sniffed from that nose.

by Anonymousreply 37January 19, 2023 3:02 PM

[quote]I'm thinking Latino hooker of some kind.

That's LatinX hooker, R14!

by Anonymousreply 38January 19, 2023 3:05 PM

How does the family know he wasn’t intoxicated? Does that mean the wife was awake and with him the entire time leading up to his death?

by Anonymousreply 39January 19, 2023 3:29 PM

[quote] result of an unfortunate accident from a fall by the now deceased from a third-story floor,"

He died from de-femme-stration!

by Anonymousreply 40January 19, 2023 4:21 PM

R38 is Sarah Huckabee Sanders

by Anonymousreply 41January 19, 2023 5:59 PM

I suspect the local police and authorities do not make investigating deaths or murders a priority, their top priority is probably convincing tourists that their town is a safe place to visit.

by Anonymousreply 42January 19, 2023 6:42 PM

America isn't safe either. The Mexican authorities are making a bad situation worse by covering this stuff up.

by Anonymousreply 43January 19, 2023 7:19 PM

What exactly are they covering up? FFS doesn’t anyone read anymore?

[quote] After conducting an autopsy, the [bold]Baja California Attorney General's Office concluded[/bold] that Blair's death appeared to be the "result of an unfortunate accident from a fall by the now deceased from a third-story floor," the Orange County Register reports.

So, you’re suggesting he was somehow killed in Mexico, which the Mexican authorities actively covered up (though no one knows why) AND the California Medical Examiner ALSO inexplicably covered up a murder? Presumably for…what, to make sure some Mexican killer doesn’t get caught?

by Anonymousreply 44January 19, 2023 9:22 PM

[quote]How does the family know he wasn’t intoxicated?

They don't, and they've already stated that whatever the pending toxicology results from the Mexican investigation, they intend to conduct their own screening. You're likely correct that the wife assured them he was sober.

by Anonymousreply 45January 19, 2023 9:33 PM

To be fair that's just based on the autopsy r44. I assume his family thinks someone pushed him off the balcony, not that he fell. An autopsy can't tell the difference.

by Anonymousreply 46January 19, 2023 9:38 PM

Ay caramba!

by Anonymousreply 47January 19, 2023 9:38 PM

That guy definitely has a homosexual smile.

by Anonymousreply 48January 19, 2023 9:42 PM

R46, you make a good point.

Touché, sir.

by Anonymousreply 49January 19, 2023 9:43 PM

R44, you ignorant slut, BAJA California is MEXICO, not a part of California or the USA. That was an ME in Mexico, not one in California!

by Anonymousreply 50January 20, 2023 2:03 AM

R50, first let me say I love you for calling me an ignorant slut. I was dying with laughter.

Secondly, I’ll take my lumps. I never knew that Baja, California was actually in fact Mexico territory.

by Anonymousreply 51January 20, 2023 2:08 AM

[Quote]r17 Candy Spelling strikes again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 20, 2023 2:21 AM

For r36, AKA Inspector Clouseau:

[Quote] Local law enforcement sources told ABC News on Monday that Blair, 33, had a forehead injury [Bold]“that would not have been caused by a fall.”[/Bold]

by Anonymousreply 53January 20, 2023 2:25 AM

Yes, Lieutenant, but that’s from “local sources,” not the ME who did the autopsy.

by Anonymousreply 54January 20, 2023 2:32 AM

R44 Baja California is Mexico. It's a Mexican state. Not American

by Anonymousreply 55January 20, 2023 2:56 AM

R55, did you just scroll on past r50?

by Anonymousreply 56January 20, 2023 2:57 AM

Ignorant sluts, the lot of you.

by Anonymousreply 57January 20, 2023 1:19 PM

He’s not a cookie-sniffer. He’s just neat and tidy.

by Anonymousreply 58January 20, 2023 1:57 PM

^Not after that fall, he wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 59January 20, 2023 3:27 PM

The family is saying he had a GSW in the head.

by Anonymousreply 60January 22, 2023 5:57 PM

Blair had 40 skull fractures, pathologist says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 10, 2023 3:31 PM

What is missing from this story? If he was sharing a hotel room with his wife and he fell off the balcony , was it their own hotel room balcony or from another location ?

by Anonymousreply 62February 10, 2023 3:47 PM

From today's Daily Beast

An autopsy has only added more questions to the death of Elliot Blair, a California public defender who died while vacationing at a Mexican beach resort on Jan. 14. While local authorities claim Blair accidentally fell to his death from a second-floor balcony, the autopsy, conducted by Mexican authorities, said blood—including some from an animal—was found inside his hotel room's bathroom, and that Blair’s cause of death was “aggravated homicide.” Blair's wife, Kim Williams, says she slept through the ordeal, but said in a GoFundMe fundraiser that she thinks Blair was murdered. The preliminary findings of a private autopsy being conducted in the U.S. said Blair had at least 40 skull fractures, a broken toe, and had “road rash” on his knees, suggesting he might've been dragged, the New York Post. “It’s odd, confusing and we just want answers,” Case Barnett, a family attorney, told the paper. “The report said there was blood in different places … and some of the samples came back as animal blood, which is super weird.”

by Anonymousreply 63February 10, 2023 11:17 PM

Mexican authorities look the other way when this stuff happens

by Anonymousreply 64February 10, 2023 11:54 PM

My son was NOT gay! He just liked to COOK!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 11, 2023 12:00 AM

Maybe this is a meta-question, but why is the OP grayed out? The topic seems like a classic DL topic, and there's no red troll mark of shame, so I assume DLers themselves ff'd it to death. Why would that happen? How many ff's does it take to gray out a thread-starting post?

I've been a DLer for some years, but the workings of the site are often still a mystery to me.

by Anonymousreply 66February 11, 2023 12:06 AM

There sure are a lot of mysterious deaths of Americans in Mexico lately. It's becoming like Russia.

by Anonymousreply 67February 11, 2023 12:23 AM

Road rash on his knees?

Oh, been there, honey.

by Anonymousreply 68February 11, 2023 12:24 AM

R66, the OP is not greyed out for me. Change your settings to asbestos eyeballs.

by Anonymousreply 69February 11, 2023 12:24 AM

After reading today's full article, I'm very curious to see the theories/hunches of DL sleuths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 11, 2023 12:29 AM

From the NYPost article:

[quote]The family is planning to conduct a second private autopsy, but Blair’s body was already embalmed before it was allowed back into the US, which is required by Mexican law, Barnet said.

WTF would they require that a body from a crime scene be embalmed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 11, 2023 12:52 AM

Imagine the family’s surprise when they find the dildo embedded in its ass.

by Anonymousreply 72February 11, 2023 4:10 AM

[quote]the autopsy, conducted by Mexican authorities, said blood—including some from an animal—was found inside his hotel room's bathroom, and that Blair’s cause of death was “aggravated homicide.”

[quote]Blair's wife, Kim Williams, says she slept through the ordeal, but said in a GoFundMe fundraiser that she thinks Blair was murdered.

She slept through the ordeal? There's a gofundme? This sound like a hired hit--not that it is. It just sounds suspicious. If so, you would think she'd not press too hard for an investigation if she were involved.

by Anonymousreply 73February 11, 2023 4:48 AM

Why do people go south of the border? Don't we have sand and palm trees here?

by Anonymousreply 74February 11, 2023 4:58 AM

He's smelling freshly-fried churros for sure. The ones with the filling inside!

by Anonymousreply 75February 11, 2023 6:03 AM

Thank you, R69. That was it. I could have sworn I was already set to asbestos, but apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 76February 11, 2023 8:08 AM

I live near this guy. The local newspaper barely covered this story

by Anonymousreply 77April 5, 2023 1:26 AM

1) I think it's interesting that the first article didn't mention hardly a thing about the wife; I get the feeling that the dead guy's family are not exactly close with her.

2) She "slept through" the incident? she must sleep like a log. she never even woke up and noticed he wasn't in bed with her and look to see if he was in the bathroom or out on the balcony?

3) blood was found in the bathroom. Hmmmm....

4) The wife's eyes in OP are different sizes; it's been noted that oftentimes psychopaths have uneven features.

Conclusion: the wife did it.

My work here is done.

by Anonymousreply 78April 5, 2023 1:48 AM

R13 So do you read your own writing? So do you speak like that in real life? So you should probably not start sentences with "So."

by Anonymousreply 79April 5, 2023 1:49 AM

That wife doesn't look sad

by Anonymousreply 80April 5, 2023 1:59 AM

Isn't it the main suspect usually is the spouse? And she's in the same room and was completely unharmed? Maybe some local thugs were hired by the wife? Or by someone else?

by Anonymousreply 81April 5, 2023 2:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!