Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who knew Azerbaijan was so beautiful?

The country side in these videos looks idyllic.

Falling snow, a quaint little cottage, farm animals, an oven in a tree stump.

Everything is so rustic.

It's like a real life Bag End from "The Hobbit."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 2, 2023 7:12 AM

Making rose water from 30 pounds of rose petals.

My favorite is the lazy cat relaxing under the stove.

A nice little bonus is the cake she bakes at the very end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2023 1:45 AM

Yeah, but how BIG are the COCKS, and how easily can they be had?

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2023 1:48 AM

OMG this pumpkin bread looks amazing!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2023 1:52 AM

These videos are mainly about cooking, but an added bonus is seeing the landscape and scenery of Azerbaijan.

It's absolutely breathtaking.

This video is cooking sturgeon in a mud oven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2023 1:53 AM

Sshh, R4! You'll attract Greg and his prunes.

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2023 2:06 AM

Lol R5.

Since it's sturgeon, I don't think Greg will be interested.

For him, it's "loin of cod" or nothing!

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2023 2:10 AM

The men are exceptionally dark and hairy.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2023 2:16 AM

Don’t tell DL this! I love these out of the way places and if you tell all the basic bitches about this they’ll go here instead of Paris and Rome and Barcelona.

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2023 2:19 AM

The Azeris of the Republic of Azerbaijan and Iranian Azerbaijan are called "Turks" by fellow Transcaucasians. "Azeri" and "Azerbaijani" are fairly contemporary terms.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2023 2:56 AM

Ugh, backwater. 21st century didn’t make a visit there.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2023 3:29 AM

I'm not a big fan of the Flame Towers that rise above Baku.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2023 3:45 AM

Those are pretty cool, R11.

I wouldn't expect them there in such an old city, though.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2023 3:56 AM

I don’t get the picture in the link. It’s raw ground bed in onions, but the video has her cooking the beef before putting it in the onions. I guess this means they stuffed the beef in the onions, took a picture, and then carried on with the video? Seems so counterproductive.

I kept thinking that she was going to set her skirt on fire as she was standing close to the fire cooking.

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2023 4:01 AM

Interesting thread, OP. Those towers are such a jarring modern contrast to the beautiful old city.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2023 4:14 AM

Apparently the inspiration for the flame towers comes from natural fires found in Azerbaijan due to the enormous natural gas reserves in the region.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2023 4:18 AM

And they have mud volcanos!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2023 4:20 AM

Doug does a tour of Baku.

It's a much more modern country than I had previously thought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2023 4:20 AM

Those flame towers are gorgeous in purple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2023 4:21 AM

And a musical stone!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2023 4:21 AM

We all knew, OP. We're omniscient!

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2023 4:23 AM

From this link:

"With an area of 86,600 km² the country is slightly larger than Austria or slightly smaller than the U.S. state of Maine.

Azerbaijan has a population of 9.7 million people (in 2016). Main religion is Islam, Azerbaijan is one of the few countries with a majority Shiite population."

Wow, that's a tiny country with fewer people than Los Angeles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2023 4:29 AM

OP, I love Aziza's videos! You just know the woman knows how to cook -- she doesn't need to measure anything; everything is prepared deliberately and with confidence.

It's interesting watching her older videos vs. the newer ones. You can tell they've made some $$ off of their Youtube channel, and it's resulted in a nicer, newer home.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2023 4:33 AM

Thank God for the Soviet Union. It kept the Muslim countries under its domination secular. Otherwise, these countries would have been radical hotbeds like Iran.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2023 5:58 AM

Ask the Armenians, OP.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2023 9:18 AM

Listen folks. Those videos are set decorated and costume directed PROMOTIONAL AND ENTERTAINMENT product. They do not show real life. Sheesh, the naiveté.

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2023 9:57 AM

Not for me thank you.

We get enough of Azerbaijan on the Eurovision Song Contest each year. They won in 2011 with Running Scared, then promptly spent the most in Eurovision history on hosting it in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2023 10:36 AM

R23, typical western white liberal homo - beyond retarded and ignorant of history. Afghanistan, for instance, was not a hotbed of Islamic fundamentalism prior to the Soviet invasion of 1979. In fact, it had been viewed for many years up until then as one of the most forward and modern countries of Central Asia - Kabul being dubbed at one point (50s/60s) as the “Paris of Central Asia” by Vogue magazine. What do you think inspired the muhajdeen movement (which largely a precursor to the Taliban)? It was precisely a reaction to the Soviets.

Go suck Putin’s half-incher, you stupid Soviet-sympathizing piece of shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2023 1:46 PM

r26 Isn't Azerbaijan in ASIA? Why would they be in EuroVision?

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2023 3:01 PM

[quote] Since it's sturgeon, I don't think Greg will be interested. For him, it's "loin of cod" or nothing!

Oh, see that's where you're mistaken, R6. I fancy a wide variety of ocean-dwellers. Just last night I had the most delicious steamed mussels in white wine broth.

May I ask why you placed 'loin of cod' in quotation marks? I am always curious why people and organizations use quotation marks when they are not needed. I think if you had it to do over again, you might want to leave the quotation marks off. It would be similar to my saying that I like "center cut pork chops."

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2023 3:04 PM

Sturgeon is a lovely fish and because it is cartilaginous, needs longer cooking times and higher temperatures usually used for pork.

Sturgeon, because of their long lifespans and late maturity, are not a sustainable fish species and only farm-raised should be eaten. Caviar falls under the same caveat.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2023 4:44 PM

[quote] Isn't Azerbaijan in ASIA? Why would they be in EuroVision?

The countries in Western Asia are more European in ethnicity.

Western Asia consists of Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Israel, Iran, Iraq, and all the "Stans," plus Eastern Turkey.

Asia is the largest continent and it has the most people, so naturally it has the most variety in population.

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2023 4:49 PM

I never knew places like this still existed.

I live in such a crowded, fast-paced, expensive and hectic city.

Truly, I wish I lived somewhere like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 19, 2023 3:15 AM

They are in the middle of an ugly war with Armenia. It's not going to end well for either of them.

by Anonymousreply 33January 19, 2023 3:19 AM

Azerbaijan lucked out with oil reserves, which makes their nation much more well-off than other former USSR republics.

Bathing in crude oil is a sort of spa treatment over there (

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 19, 2023 3:28 AM

Don't think I didn't have to Google exactly where Azerbaijan is. I thought near Armenia but wasn't sure. I wish I had all the time and money to travel. I'd love to check it out.

by Anonymousreply 35January 19, 2023 3:47 AM

Where is the old blind woman in babushka and army boots telling doomsday prophecies? I can get a sturgeon up the road.

by Anonymousreply 36January 19, 2023 4:13 AM

Azerbaijan and Armenia have been fighting for years. What makes this situation especially dicey is that Azerbaijan has a partnership with NATO, the North Atlantic Cooperation Council, while Armenia has a military pact with Russia and other former Soviet republics, the Collective Security Treaty Organization. If fighting escalates, the US will be embroiled in another conflict with Russia.

by Anonymousreply 37January 19, 2023 6:35 AM

I always wondered if she's feeding the entire village with these massive quantities of food!

by Anonymousreply 38January 19, 2023 10:44 PM

R36, do you mean Baba Vanga? She died in 1996.

by Anonymousreply 39January 19, 2023 10:45 PM

Yes I did r39 but was trying to make a joke about the type in general.

by Anonymousreply 40January 20, 2023 5:38 AM

In Azerbaijan, all seems to breathe freedom and peace and to make one forget the world and its sad turmoils.

by Anonymousreply 41January 20, 2023 6:41 AM

These are highly produced and well filmed ASMR videos for that market. You won't be having fresh Tangerines and sliced Kiwis in the dead of Winter in Azerbaijan, for example. You will see executed homosexuals and abject poverty.

by Anonymousreply 42January 20, 2023 9:04 AM

Lol @ R42.

Little Miss Sunshine has entered the room!

by Anonymousreply 43January 20, 2023 2:49 PM

I entered the room as the caustic Truth Fairy at R25.

by Anonymousreply 44January 20, 2023 3:20 PM

According to that famous police chart of what various Soviet men look like, this is your standard Azerbaijani.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 20, 2023 3:53 PM

Two Azerbaijani men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 20, 2023 3:54 PM

I thought I was the only person that loves that channel.

by Anonymousreply 47January 20, 2023 4:03 PM

R46 - the taller one is so pleasant looking and also rather handsome.

by Anonymousreply 48January 20, 2023 4:38 PM

Javanshir Nazarov

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 20, 2023 7:29 PM

Someone explain to him how to start an Only Fans account.

by Anonymousreply 50January 20, 2023 8:47 PM

R46 I can smell their crotch rot from here! Pee-eww!

by Anonymousreply 51January 21, 2023 7:15 AM

Muslim men tend to be clean down there. Cleanliness is godliness.

The guy on the right has a sexy, hairy chest.

by Anonymousreply 52January 23, 2023 1:39 AM

Delicious beef steak kebabs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 24, 2023 2:48 AM

[quote] The Azeris of the Republic of Azerbaijan and Iranian Azerbaijan are called "Turks" by fellow Transcaucasians.

Azerbaijan is very culturally linked to Turkey, which goes some ways in explaining their bad blood with Armenia.

Aziza sometimes films videos making Turkish dishes.

by Anonymousreply 54January 24, 2023 4:11 AM

This looks delicious. I've never seen a barrel used in this way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 2, 2023 6:59 AM

joanna lumley visited azerbaijan in her silk road series. She visited the mirror palace n got a gorgeous blue silk scarf

by Anonymousreply 56April 2, 2023 7:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!