Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do Europeans love Miami so much?

More than anywhere else in the states, Europeans mainly decide to live in Miami.

Why?

What's the appeal to them?

It's like the Euro Trash capital of the United States.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2023 4:18 PM

We have them in Vancouver too. Europeans are so annoying and they dress like freaks

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2023 2:34 AM

"It's like the Euro Trash capital of the United States."

You just answered your own question.

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2023 2:35 AM

Seems like for some, it's the lure of the sun - no winter, yet it's the USA which still holds cachet, among some anyway. Maybe it's Hollywood? Or being the dominant economic and military power? Oh I don't know, but travelling about, I've noticed a certain cohort who still think it's "making it" to live in America. And Miami is the closest semi-tropical city to Europe, and probably cheaper than California.

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2023 2:39 AM

I didn't make much sense - by 'maybe it's Hollywood', I meant for some it's growing up watching our movies and tv shows, mostly from Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2023 2:40 AM

Because in Miami all seems to breathe freedom and peace and to make one forget the world and its sad turmoils.

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2023 2:41 AM

But it's FLORIDA!!!

Of all the places for them to live in the US, why live in HELL HOLE Florida???

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2023 2:42 AM

Weather and beaches. Florida beaches are superior to California beaches. Shorter plane ride from Miami to western Europe. San Francisco to Paris takes around 15 hours, non-stop, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2023 2:45 AM

Miami gives you a nice combo of the Latin and gringo cultures in one city.

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2023 2:45 AM

This tells you all:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2023 2:46 AM

Miami is kind of like its own thing - like New York City has nothing in common with upstate New York. Major cities are like that - sort of like city-states, who cares what the state or province is? The personality of the city outweighs the personality of the "state" sometimes - like Miami.

by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2023 2:46 AM

I was just asking myself the same question the other day

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2023 2:48 AM

Where should they live, op, Pittsburgh?

by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2023 2:48 AM

The Brits treat Florida like it’s “Injuh”

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2023 2:57 AM

Germans especially love Miami.

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2023 2:58 AM

Just to see the guys in their speedos, oh yes. Op, you can thank the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau for all their advertising in Europe for the vast number of Europeans on the beach.

by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2023 3:47 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2023 3:55 AM

Miami is nice, so I'll say it thrice.

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2023 12:33 PM

Miami is probably the most "foreign" city in the US.

I've never been to Miami, but I would imagine that English is not widely spoken there.

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2023 12:37 PM

R7 SFO-CDG 10h55m, MIA-CDG 8h42m.

by Anonymousreply 19January 16, 2023 3:07 PM

As someone who's never been near it, I think of Miami as Latino men heaven. I want to live in Hialeah and leave my door open for all those luscious Hispanic men!

by Anonymousreply 20January 16, 2023 4:17 PM

The best thing about Miami is that it’s so close to America.

by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2023 4:39 PM

[quote] [R7] SFO-CDG 10h55m, MIA-CDG 8h42m.

Thanks, R19.

I flew from CDG to SFO (opposite direction), which is 11:40, felt like 15 hours.

It's about 5-6 hours between Miami and SFO, depending on which direction you're flying. Weird that there's only a 2 hour difference when going to CDG (Paris).

by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2023 5:34 PM

The alligator thing has put me off Florida entirely. Probably no gators in the capital, but they may be encroaching...

by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2023 6:26 AM

"San Francisco to Paris takes around 15 hours, non-stop, IIRC."

On the clock because of the time changes. Actual time you have to endure is more like 10 hours. But still, obviously more than flying from the Eastern US.

by Anonymousreply 24January 17, 2023 6:34 AM

“The nature”

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2023 4:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!