Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DeSantis makes NHL back down on discriminatory job fair

The National Hockey League backpedaled on a job fair posting after the office of Florida Governor Ron Desantis (R) condemned it as “discriminatory.”

The posting was for an event called the Pathway to Hockey Summit and a LinkedIn post said participants in the February event needed to check off certain diversity boxes.

“Participants must be 18 years of age or older, based in the U.S., and

identify as female, Black, Asian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, Indigenous, LGBTQIA+, and/or a person with a disability. Veterans are also welcome and encouraged to attend,” the description of the event read, according to Fox News.

The LinkedIn posting was taken down shortly after that statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 25, 2023 7:33 PM

Fatso will decimate Florida with his ambition for higher office. The NHL -- and other employers -- should recruit in a state that is appreciative of it extending opportunity to its residents. Florida will get sick of him eventually.

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2023 8:24 PM

I'm progressive and have never voted for the GOP, and never will. Listen up folks, our side needs to wake the fuck up and realize this anti-woke stuff resonates.

Even as maga candidates lost across the board in the last election, DeSantis beat his opponent by 19 points. It was the biggest win in the state's modern history. His message is working.

This culture war shit resonates with people on both sides of the aisle. That's a fact that we have to wrestle with.

And by the way, this NHL job fair IS discriminatory. If you were a straight white guy, why not identify as non-binary if it gets you into this job fair? We all know that non-binary is made-up bullshit anyway.

But hey, if it gets you an interview at a job fair like this, I guarantee you every straight white dude is going to identify as enby to get his foot in the door.

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2023 8:39 PM

I hate to say this, since he's a gross and offensive pig, but he is on absolutely firm ground legally: you are indeed forbidden by federal law from making those kinds of discriminations based on race and gender and ability in hiring, even to hire disadvantaged persons.

If you think that law is unfair, then you will need to argue the law needs to be changed. But that is absolutely what federal law dictates right now.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2023 8:55 PM

[quote] he is on absolutely firm ground legally

He may be standing his ground, but the ground is STRESSED by his heaviness (and showmanship).

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2023 9:26 PM

It's shit like this fair that drives white men firmly into the Republican camp. Fuck the woke.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2023 10:03 PM

So you have to claim all those things AND/OR a disability?

How many female black, Asian, Hispanic, Native Americans dykes are there?

Does this also mean a white guy in a wheelchair can attend?

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2023 10:37 PM

R2 gets this.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2023 10:50 PM

[quote] It's shit like this fair that drives white men firmly into the Republican camp. Fuck the woke.

Using 'woke' as a pejorative is just saying that white men should remain at the top of an unjust cultural hierarchy.

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2023 2:33 AM

Of course, DeSantis would not have said a word had the job said, Blacks Cannot Apply

by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2023 2:37 AM

[Quote] Fuck the woke.

When the right uses the term woke, it means “includes black people.”

by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2023 2:38 AM

[quote]Using 'woke' as a pejorative is just saying that white men should remain at the top of an unjust cultural hierarchy.

What an idiot you are. You must be " woke."

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2023 2:54 AM

[QUOTE] It's shit like this fair that drives white men firmly into the Republican camp.

🙄 Give me a fucking break. Take away “woke,” trans, LatinX and whatever the fuck else you think hurts Democrats so much and Republicans will just find something else to drive racist white people into their arms. Why do you think they did it decades before Rupaul’s Drag Race premiered?

Maybe once we get rid of the blacks, browns, Jews, and gays you’ll finally achieve your dream of armies of white men speeding in their pickup trucks to the polls so they can vote Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2023 3:11 AM

Stay asleep, bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2023 3:14 AM

Wait?!?!?

[bold]I thought, per rightwingers, businesses should get to hire who the want[/bold} without gov't getting all involved.

If the NHL wants to look to hire a gay, trans, veteran, asian-American with a clubfoot why is the rightwing governor telling them they can't?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2023 9:06 AM

What if the posting read," Only white, born males may apply," R14?

by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2023 10:09 AM

It was discriminatory. Racism and sexism works both ways. That said, Rhonda is still a fat loser.

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2023 10:17 AM

It sucks up to an extremist ideology as rotten as extremist Republican ideologies. Just because Republicans wallow in hurt feels and constant victimization the left doesn't have to do it as well. If you're going to be so offended by everything that it suffocates you and squeezes out all intelligent thought, debate and worthy creativity and throws out such achievements because they come from a culture you deem oppressive remember you have been nourished and educated by that culture which means all of them. This nourishes nothing but constant indignation and mediocrity of intent and achievement.

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2023 10:32 AM

[Quote] It's shit like this fair that drives white men firmly into the Republican camp.

Actually, it’s racism and white supremacy that drives white men into the GOP camp

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2023 1:22 PM

[Quote] What if the posting read," Only white, born males may apply," [R14]?

You mean like most job listings throughout American history implied?

by Anonymousreply 19January 16, 2023 1:22 PM

That advertisement basically said everyone is welcome to attend except straight, white males. How is that not discriminatory?

by Anonymousreply 20January 16, 2023 2:44 PM

Bless your heart, r5-r11 - keep trying!

by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2023 2:48 PM

And we wonder why enby is now a thing?

by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2023 2:50 PM

A job fair like that is NOT discriminatory. They aren’t giving jobs to these folks.

The purpose is to bring out non-traditional candidates because they are not applying for the jobs. This broadens the candidate pool.

by Anonymousreply 23January 16, 2023 2:55 PM

[quote]That advertisement basically said everyone is welcome to attend except straight, white males.

Well, specifically straight, white males who aren't veterans because it also says, "Veterans are also welcome and encouraged to attend."

by Anonymousreply 24January 16, 2023 2:55 PM

Let 'em attend. Just don't hire 'em.

by Anonymousreply 25January 16, 2023 2:58 PM

Florida has gained more Republican voters than Democratic since 2008, but it's gone from 6% favorable to Democrats to zero spread, over a 12-year period.

Much of that is due to the older population that continually migrates there; in fact, if you go by age, Florida leans slightly Democratic compared to the rest of the country. Per Pew, 50% of those over the age of 50 voted Repug in 2020 nationally, while only 44% of that age group voted Repub in 2020 in Florida.

The biggest change in Florida has been to non-affiliated voters, who were 19% of the electorate in 2008, but 26% of the electorate in 2020.

Based on these actual figures, as compared to some troll's comments on DL, I'd have to see some actual proof that Democratic Floridians switched to Republican and voted for DeSantis because of "the woke."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 16, 2023 3:06 PM

All the NHL had to say was that those minorities are encouraged to apply. That is legal.

Saying that they are only going to hire from those minority groups is not legal.

They were stupid and got cocky and careless, and handed asshole DeSantis yet another "win" in the current culture war.

I guess at this point, it doesn't really matter...he's already been crowned the new "anti-woke" superhero anyway. But still.

by Anonymousreply 27January 16, 2023 3:10 PM

[quote]Saying that they are only going to hire from those minority groups is not legal.

Biden said that he would only consider a woman for Vice President and would only consider black female candidates for the Supreme Court. How is that not illegal?

by Anonymousreply 28January 16, 2023 3:14 PM

They didn't say they were only going to hire from those groups. They said only those groups should attend.

The NHL as an organization absolutely knows that it's not legal to say only certain races can attend an event. I'd guess this was some mistake someone local made, because the national NHL org would know better. They don't want to get sued. It was probably supposed to say those groups were encouraged to attend, not that only they could attend.

by Anonymousreply 29January 16, 2023 3:24 PM

Here in Florida there's a whopping, massive enthusiasm gap between the parties.

by Anonymousreply 30January 16, 2023 3:43 PM

Some of these people don’t want equality, they want revenge. This will backfire.

by Anonymousreply 31January 16, 2023 3:59 PM

R26 I'm the one who made the observation about DeSantis & the fact that his popularity is based on anti-wokeness. If you're so damn smart then tell us why he had the biggest margin of victory in modern Florida politics.

Is it his economic policies? I don't think so. He's openly hostile towards Disney and the cruise industry. He's going to saddle property owners in and around Orlando with a 20% property tax increase due to him & the GOP-controlled legislature stripping away Disney's special tax status.

All he ever does are cheap stunts like sending migrants to Martha's Vineyard. His base loves that sort of trolling. Some Independents & Dems like that anti-immigrant trolling as well.

You can continue to delude yourself and call the rest of us "repugs" or "rethugs" but the fact is this: Just because we're not on board with woke ideology, it doesn't mean that we're Republicans. It simply means that we are for common sense policies.

So put down the meth pipe sweetheart and go dilate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 16, 2023 4:03 PM

[quote] Give me a fucking break. Take away “woke,” trans, LatinX and whatever the fuck else you think hurts Democrats so much and Republicans will just find something else to drive racist white people into their arms. Why do you think they did it decades before Rupaul’s Drag Race premiered?

blah, blah,blah. The democrats barely won the last elections. That goes for the last presidential election and the last midterm elections. They can not afford to lose supporters. Especially for something so fucking stupid. An anti-white job fair. While it might make some turn into republicans, it will more than likely make a hell of a lot more people stay home on election day.

And the NHL is just the first to do this anti-white job fair, the democrats can NOT afford for this type of thing to catch on. It will hemorrhage voters.

by Anonymousreply 33January 16, 2023 4:08 PM

Bless your heart, r33.

by Anonymousreply 34January 16, 2023 4:14 PM

[quote]The NHL as an organization absolutely knows that it's not legal to say only certain races can attend an event. I'd guess this was some mistake someone local made, because the national NHL org would know better. They don't want to get sued. It was probably supposed to say those groups were encouraged to attend, not that only they could attend.

Then the NHL would have said that. But they didn't say a single word. Let me tell you, if this were my company and some local made this mistake we'd damn well let the public know, it was a mistake. We sure the hell wouldn't stay quiet about it.

by Anonymousreply 35January 16, 2023 4:15 PM

R34, I doesn't matter to me if the democrats win or lose. I'm rich. I'll be okay, no matter who wins any and all elections. But I'm sure you can't say the same thing. The democrats need to worry, they are losing voters by the second. The democrats have already fucked things up too much to ever win the next election. They'll lose the senate too and then the repugs will have control of everything.

by Anonymousreply 36January 16, 2023 4:26 PM

[quote]I'm rich. I'll be okay, no matter who wins any and all elections.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 37January 16, 2023 4:32 PM

The Democratic Party didn't hold an anti-white job fair, you absolute fucking morons.

by Anonymousreply 38January 16, 2023 4:54 PM

[Quote] What if the posting read," Only white, born males may apply," [[R14]]?

DeSantis would have been fine with that

by Anonymousreply 39January 16, 2023 4:56 PM

The NHL worded it wrong. It should have said minority applications were highly encouraged.

Hamilton got in trouble for posting something similar in its casting notice

by Anonymousreply 40January 16, 2023 4:57 PM

[quote] And the NHL is just the first to do this anti-white job fair, the democrats can NOT afford for this type of thing to catch on. It will hemorrhage voters.

The NHL is an overwhelmingly white organization. It is very obviously not "anti-white." This was a targeted outreach effort to attract diversity. What interest is served by thwarting an organization's effort to diversify its workforce?

by Anonymousreply 41January 16, 2023 6:24 PM

LGBT were included in the diversity fair invitation. So were disabled people and veterans. So the only people being excluded were able-bodied white males without military service.

This was an effort to right wrongs against people who suffer most in our society, INCLUDING gay people. Anyone calling this discriminatory on DL is a right wing troll and/or a Trumper. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 42January 16, 2023 6:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 16, 2023 6:51 PM

Or ... R42 is a left-wing loon?

by Anonymousreply 44January 16, 2023 7:02 PM

The NHL has enough white people. It doesn’t need any more

by Anonymousreply 45January 16, 2023 7:07 PM

The NBA should do the same with white, non-binary, LGBT, but no cis-male blacks and watch the reaction

by Anonymousreply 46January 16, 2023 7:14 PM

The NHL and other sports organizations (NFL, NBA, etc) should leave the state of Florida and move elsewhere. Disney too. Fuck Florida. Let it rot and sink into the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 47January 16, 2023 7:40 PM

This is a DeSantis stunt. The only people applauding him scaring jobs away from FL are bigots and he knows it. He wants to capture MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 48January 16, 2023 9:18 PM

R22 using “enby” instead of typing “non-binary”. So edgy.

by Anonymousreply 49January 16, 2023 9:39 PM

[quote] A job fair like that is NOT discriminatory. They aren’t giving jobs to these folks.

It is [italic]ipso facto[/italic] discriminatory if it prohibits any people from certain ethnic or gender categories from even participating. That is what discriminatory means, and it is against US law.

by Anonymousreply 50January 16, 2023 10:12 PM

When Blacks were prohibited from applying for jobs, whites were a-okay with it.

If whites are suddenly prohibited, they act like it’s the end of the world and start quoting all the anti-discrimination laws.

by Anonymousreply 51January 16, 2023 10:35 PM

[Quote] That is what discriminatory means, and it is against US law.

How convenient that discriminating against gays isn’t against the law…

by Anonymousreply 52January 16, 2023 10:36 PM

White men are the most discriminated group in America. They are discriminated against everywhere every single day. I'm so worried young white men will have to leave this country. The worst part is this reverse racism is tolerated and encouraged.

by Anonymousreply 53January 17, 2023 12:42 AM

[quote] White men are the most discriminated group in America. They are discriminated against everywhere every single day. I'm so worried young white men will have to leave this country. The worst part is this reverse racism is tolerated and encouraged.

Mary!

Don't overreact. I don't think young white men will have to leave this country until police start murdering them in broad daylight

by Anonymousreply 54January 17, 2023 12:54 AM

We Democrats have to be vigilant on who we nominate against this clown. A DeSantis Presidency would be a very bad thing. Probably worse than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 55January 17, 2023 1:09 AM

Kamala can’t beat him.

by Anonymousreply 56January 17, 2023 1:28 AM

R56 = And neither can Pete. I'm not sure Newsome can either. I am hoping for a wildcard. Maybe Ossoff?

by Anonymousreply 57January 17, 2023 1:40 AM

R57: So basically DeSantis is going to be the next president.

by Anonymousreply 58January 17, 2023 1:58 AM

"Fuck the woke."

Fuck right-wing bigots like you

by Anonymousreply 59January 17, 2023 2:17 AM

"White men are the most discriminated group in America. They are discriminated against everywhere every single day. I'm so worried young white men will have to leave this country. The worst part is this reverse racism is tolerated and encouraged."

LOL, look who most governors, senators, and representatives are. White men.

by Anonymousreply 60January 17, 2023 2:18 AM

"And by the way, this NHL job fair IS discriminatory. If you were a straight white guy, why not identify as non-binary if it gets you into this job fair? We all know that non-binary is made-up bullshit anyway."

No, it's not "discriminatory" to encourage non-white, and non-straight people to work in the NHL. The NHL is already like 90% straight white men. They don't need the help.

by Anonymousreply 61January 17, 2023 2:20 AM

"Probably worse than Trump." R55 DeShitus will be far, far worse than Trump. Trump was a lunatic who just blew wherever the wind took his idiot mind. DeShitus very smart, very calculated, and has a very clear agenda - of just using his power. He is a horrid, horrid person.

by Anonymousreply 62January 17, 2023 2:23 AM

Block the trolls, they aren't worth the time.

by Anonymousreply 63January 17, 2023 2:52 AM

woke for trumpers is basically just saying they hate non whites in code. THAT'S it in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 64January 17, 2023 4:10 AM

DeSantis is attracting more and more rich Republican retirees and scaring away young families and educated professionals. It might be a great short term strategy but it's a disaster for long term demographics and economic success.

by Anonymousreply 65January 17, 2023 4:41 AM

R8, the cultural hierarchy isn’t necessarily unjust. And it’s not that white men as a whole are the top of the cultural hierarchy, it’s that the top of the cultural hierarchy are mostly white men (and a lot of them Jews).

When you say it’s unjust that white men are at the top of the cultural hierarchy, you are actually being an anti-Semite.

by Anonymousreply 66January 17, 2023 5:45 AM

R42, gay people aren’t exactly doing badly. They graduate college at a higher rate than straight people and on average make higher incomes than straight people.

by Anonymousreply 67January 17, 2023 5:52 AM

R53, men as a whole have been lagging behind women. There is a wage gap - single unmarried women now earn more than single unmarried men.

Women and men are getting bachelors degrees at a ratio of about 6 to 4.

This is going to have consequences to family formations — women tend to be hypergamous and there will be an oversupply of educated women and a scarcity of educated men.

Why do you think educated black women have it so bad finding eligible black men? When a bunch of black men are criminals, there is high demand for eligible black men — consequently, the eligible black men don’t commit to any of the women because they’ve got women knocking at their door.

That’s just a foreshadowing of what’s going to happen to white people if you continue focusing on blazing trails for women at the expense of giving men equal attention.

by Anonymousreply 68January 17, 2023 6:05 AM

I love Kathy Burke on the subject of Woke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 17, 2023 6:38 AM

[quote]DeSantis is attracting more and more rich Republican retirees and scaring away young families and educated professionals. It might be a great short term strategy but it's a disaster for long term demographics and economic success.

You don't seem to get it. If Desantis is elected president, the republicans will make all kinds of permanent laws that allow these types of things. The republicans will weaken any kinds of protection laws that are on the books, and the supreme court will allow it.

If desantis is elected, there won't be a democratic president for decades. .

by Anonymousreply 70January 17, 2023 7:38 AM

[quote]That’s just a foreshadowing of what’s going to happen to white people if you continue focusing on blazing trails for women at the expense of giving men equal attention.

R68, there's always sperm banks. And truth be told, most women would be happy without a man. Most women don't care about sex. The only reason women have been with men in the past is for the money & for survival. When they can earn enough to support themselves, many women find they don't need a man. And that's why so many black women identify and live lives as lesbians. They don't need men for anything.

by Anonymousreply 71January 17, 2023 7:48 AM

Why would a RD win mean no Dem Presidents for decades? I support reforms to make voting easier. But Georgia was going to disenfranchise voters and the state now has two Dem Senators. The problem is old, white men vote like crazy. And young and black voters don’t always turn out. It’s getting better but still a problem for Dems.

. Giving Republicans issues like this is to run on is suicidal for Dems in a majority/plurality white country.

by Anonymousreply 72January 17, 2023 8:04 AM

Straight white men should self-identify as transracial, transexuals. They would be first in line to get hired.

by Anonymousreply 73January 17, 2023 8:10 AM

I'll bet that joke plays really well at the retirement home, R73.

by Anonymousreply 74January 17, 2023 11:48 AM

R74 Actually, he's right. In fact, they make fun of troons being a privileged class on Family Guy and South Park all the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 17, 2023 11:58 AM

R74 And here's one from South Park

Go, Strong Woman, Go!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 17, 2023 12:01 PM

Does this requirement apply to players?

by Anonymousreply 77January 17, 2023 12:13 PM

DeSantis' position as the next GOP candidate looks shaky. Anti-woke worked in Florida during the last election but NOWHERE else in the US.

DeSantis' only political stance seems to be anti-woke (pro-white supremacy). If that's all he's got, it won't take him that far

by Anonymousreply 78January 17, 2023 12:15 PM

Rhonda worked through the Trump years trying to out-Trump Trump. He decided the future was in white supremacist conservatism, but the winds shifted. Trump's brand of politics is clearly tainted; he packed SCOTUS and they overreached with overturning Roe, the GOP is eating itself, and the rest of the country, outside of Florida and some predictably deep red areas, has largely had enough right wing nuttery to last a generation. The Democrats are winning the WH and retaking the House in 2024.

There is no grassroots nostalgia for Trump outside of QAnon dead-enders. Rhonda has nothing to run on except divisive policies and a long list of quotes and speeches that are aging like curdled milk. He was always a bit of a laughing stock, with his middle-manager personality, looking like pork sausage stuffed into a business suit, his new anchor bobble head of a wife, and photo ops like the Nancy Sinatra boots providing endless memes and late night jokes. He's washed up. Done.

by Anonymousreply 79January 17, 2023 2:26 PM

[quote] When you say it’s unjust that white men are at the top of the cultural hierarchy, you are actually being an anti-Semite.

You've obviously over-simplified, and jumped at the opportunity to introduce anti-Semitism in a discussion where it has no place.

Desantis is signalling that he will ensure white men continue to enjoy affinity preference in pursuit of every opportunity. The mere fact that the NHL might want to offer a job that a white man might covet to someone other than a white man is heresy.

by Anonymousreply 80January 17, 2023 3:09 PM

DeSantis is going to appeal to those geezers in their golf carts living in the Villages. They are mostly from the northeast and are opposed to any taxes.

The NHL statement was written by a nitwit. Present a “welcome to apply” statement that is an outreach to all, and not be discriminating to a population by exclusion in the listing.

by Anonymousreply 81January 17, 2023 3:38 PM

As a Floridian, I think you're all mistaken thinking that it's only senior citizens. I saw younger people who are very enthusiastic about him during the election season. In thinking about his appeal this afternoon, I decided he is similar to Evita Peron in a way. Having lived through the way he handled the COVID vaccine roll out program here, the federal Administration from the executive branch would be possibly worse than under Trump.

by Anonymousreply 82January 17, 2023 5:57 PM

I’ve said it before, the Left is actively campaigning for Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 83January 17, 2023 6:48 PM

[quote] No, it's not "discriminatory" to encourage non-white

It’s not encouraging, it’s racist, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 84January 17, 2023 6:50 PM

[quote] I decided he is similar to Evita Peron in a way.

You mean he's a fraud too? yup

by Anonymousreply 85January 17, 2023 8:47 PM

[quote] It’s not encouraging, it’s racist, idiot.

Having a company that's over 90% white is also racist

by Anonymousreply 86January 17, 2023 8:48 PM

R36 Congratulations on your wealth. Do you have gold bathroom fixtures? Chandeliers? An extra-spacious foyer?

by Anonymousreply 87January 17, 2023 9:01 PM

[quote]It's shit like this fair that drives white men firmly into the Republican camp. Fuck the woke.

[bold]Right. It goes like this I 'm assuming...[/bold]

-- I was pro-choice but then the NHL openly announced they wanted to add some more diverse employees to their payroll - So now as far as I'm concerned, Abortion-Is-Murder

-- I was pro union and workers rights but then the NHL publicly announced they were looking for employees that weren't exactly straight white able bodied men - So now I hate unions and think workers should never complain.

-- I supported having a system of strong social safety nets for my fellow people but then the NHL said they were looking for employees of more diverse backgrounds and physical abilities - So now I think food stamps and Medicaid are terrible.

-- I used to think corporations and the wealthy should pay tax similar to average working people (if not more) but then the NHL announced they wanted to (finally) hire gays, browns, trans, and cripples - So now I believe corporations and the wealthy should have free reign (except for hiring minorities that is).

[bold]Is that how it goes, R5?[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 17, 2023 10:30 PM

Except the part that the GOP barely squeaked by in the midterms. So no, there’s aren’t loads of people rushing to the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 89January 17, 2023 10:38 PM

R88, fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 90January 17, 2023 10:39 PM

R71, so your attitude is fuck men?

When there is unequal access to sex, it leads to more instability for civilizations. That’s why we have socially enforced monogamy so that the men at the top don’t get harems of women while a large chunk of men get nothing.

by Anonymousreply 91January 17, 2023 10:53 PM

R86, not if there’s a short supply of competent black workers.

by Anonymousreply 92January 17, 2023 10:55 PM

I really HATE this smug, arrogant, evil, fat fuck.

Marco Rubio, who has proven himself more than capable of stabbing GOP opponents in the back (Hi Jeb!), will scrape together every nasty thing he's ever heard about DeathSantis and use it to destroy him. He still will never be POTUS but Marco would be doing a public service for the nation.

If Marco doesn't get him, Donald or Rafael Cruz or that low-life Abbott in Texas will do it. None of them will be POTUS in 2024 but they can do us this useful service anyway.

by Anonymousreply 93January 17, 2023 11:05 PM

Affirmative Action is about as popular as abortion bans...but the left keeps trying it.

by Anonymousreply 94January 17, 2023 11:27 PM

[quote]Having a company that's over 90% white is also racist

It's fucking hockey. Hockey is white people shit.

by Anonymousreply 95January 18, 2023 12:15 AM

R89

Fortunately, enough voters equate Republicans with some sort of Handmaid Tale social issues regression that their appeal is limited.

Many voters are disgusted with both parties, but very liberal white democrats, and victimhood-espousing intellectuals of color aren't interested in that.

by Anonymousreply 96January 18, 2023 12:15 AM

[Quote] Affirmative Action is about as popular as abortion bans...but the left keeps trying it.

Please—no one gives a shit a someone gets an extra point on their application because he’s a minority. As if whites are even going to college.

But the GOP will rip away any advantage, no matter how puny, Blacks may have

by Anonymousreply 97January 18, 2023 12:52 AM

[quote] Having a company that's over 90% white is also racist

Wrong.

by Anonymousreply 98January 18, 2023 6:16 AM

R97 is a demented fool.

by Anonymousreply 99January 18, 2023 6:16 AM

Now is the time for Grahambo to come forth and fix matters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100January 18, 2023 9:06 AM

Blacks cant get a leg up for colleges even though they've been saddled with crappy school systems. Schools can't even discuss the history of racism the country has/.

White supremacy in action

by Anonymousreply 101January 18, 2023 5:00 PM

[quote] [R97] is a demented fool.

R99, is a white guy

by Anonymousreply 102January 18, 2023 5:00 PM

R98,. of course it's not because they're white.

by Anonymousreply 103January 18, 2023 5:01 PM

Sometimes I wonder whether some of these posters are very bitter non-whites clinging to victim mentality, or very far left white liberals?

by Anonymousreply 104January 18, 2023 5:59 PM

Far left, far right... They meet each other coming around the circle.

by Anonymousreply 105January 19, 2023 1:19 AM

Indeed, R105 - decades ago, long before all this cancel culture revved up, a liberal radio host said that censorship from the left is just as bad as a censorship from the right.

by Anonymousreply 106January 19, 2023 12:14 PM

Did DeSantis help pick Miss Florida?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 25, 2023 7:24 PM

Wrong pic ^

Right pic v

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 25, 2023 7:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!