Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Part IV: The eternal flame... all the revelations from Harry's Spare

All the laughs, all the goodwill, all the amorality.

Previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600February 19, 2023 5:44 PM

J.R. Ewing! Megan is J.R. Ewing!! After reading the last well-written thread, it dawned in me! Sometimes the Dallas character was sympathetic, sometimes likeable, but 75% unlikable.

I haven't thought of a good character to compare Harold to...maybe an angry ginger Cinderella!

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2023 9:19 PM

Harry is Cliff Barnes

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2023 9:28 PM

Harry is Digger Barnes.

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2023 9:31 PM

Something to look forward to...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2023 9:31 PM

@seanonolennon (John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s son):

“When Harry’s editor read the sentence ‘My penis was oscillating between extremely sensitive, and borderline traumatized,' did they not want to stage an intervention of some sort? I mean that is for sure one of the worst sentences ever written in the English language.”

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2023 9:45 PM

Meghan = Debbie

Harry = Fester

Addams Family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Harry writes of having to share a bedroom with William at Balmoral.

Balmoral has 50 bedrooms and they had to share one?

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2023 10:12 PM

They probably don't heat all 50 rooms.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2023 10:23 PM

How utterly juvenile all of Harry's gripes are.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2023 10:35 PM

My silent generation parents would be shaking their head in disbelief at Harry's tale of woe.

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2023 10:38 PM

Continuing from the last thread, Pa Markle also paid for Miss Thing to attend dance and tap lessons on the weekends, then would take her to Musso's Steak and Grill for lunch after. She wrote about this on her blog. So much for Sizzler.

The grandchildren he has nothing to do with are estranged from their parents, Samantha and Tom Jr. Not sure what Samantha did to alienate her kids, but it seems it was enough to keep them away from Pa Markle too. Thomas Jr, with his police record, well...

Tom Sr is old, worn-out, broke and desperate and has said some inappropriate stuff trying to get back into the life of the child he invested the most time, love and money Into. It's clear he doesn't have long. He also doesn't have a PR flack guiding him. MM never gave him the protection and support afforded to Doria. She set him up to fail. And will no doubt claim he molested her when he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2023 10:48 PM

This thread is already amusing! Carry on!

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2023 11:43 PM

Aw OK, Prince Wills is that Patrick Duffy fellah!

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2023 11:45 PM

r9 Even I am shocked how petty he is.

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2023 11:47 PM

R6, Debbie was amusing and funny. The Duchess of Overseas is tedious and exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2023 11:54 PM

Megan and Prince Wills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2023 11:56 PM

Watch the painting pass at the end of the video in R6 and then chec k the link below. (DM so it would kill the text.). Is the similarity striking?

by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2023 12:35 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 15, 2023 12:35 AM

Palace calling for peace talks. According to the site we aren’t supposed to link to

by Anonymousreply 19January 15, 2023 3:41 AM

What would reconciliation look like with those two pigs?

by Anonymousreply 20January 15, 2023 3:56 AM

"How utterly juvenile all of Harry's gripes are."

He's the modern Marie Antoinette, whining about how unhappy his life is, while surrounded by poverty and injustice he's doing fuck nothing to alleviate.

And that's the really horrible thing about his book, the fact that all he writes about are petty gripes, he's got no real scandal to sell. I presume that if there's any real scandal he's planning to use it to squeeze money out of Charles and William, but it's equally likely that he thinks his minging complaints really ARE scandalous, and people who can't afford homes or heat for their homes... should be outraged that he was never given the best bedrooms in the palaces.

by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2023 4:09 AM

As the to whether Kate "schemed" to bag William, as was said on the last thread... so what if she did! You think William was going to marry someone who didn't make an effort?

William married her of his own free will, after he'd known her long enough to know who she really was, what she wanted, and what she was likely to do in the future. Of course I have absolutely no idea how those two really feel about each other, but the public side of their marriage has been a raging success. Whatever happens in private, she's produced a brood of children who are presentable and well-behaved, she's popular with the public but not too popular, she's effortlessly stepped into the roles of PoW, and will be accepted as Queen Consort. And no rumors about her making him crazy or making him behave like as asshole, unlike SOME princes' wives.

by Anonymousreply 22January 15, 2023 4:39 AM

Sean Lennon (R5), of course the publisher knew what a train wreck this all was. They paid Harry millions upfront and they needed to get that back + more to make a profit. If he'd produced a thoughtful, PR-approved book on his travails and the lessons he's learned from them, how many would've bought it?

I love books and have a lot of sympathy for publishing houses; hopefully the profits from this will finance some good books/authors. (But it's still a bit off-putting that they let him expound so fully on his todger and necklace/dog bowl brawls.)

by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2023 6:36 AM

I only get my…Harkles, I guess?…news from DL, so seeing not one but TWO Harry specials pop up in my “for you” section of Hulu was a reminder to come back here and catch up. This thread was enough omg they just aren’t interesting enough for me to invest any of my time or energy into…:FUCK I AM POSTING on a god damned royal thread while bitching about how over it I am

I AM INTERNET DESTROYER OF LOGIC

by Anonymousreply 24January 15, 2023 2:30 PM

Anyway all of this to say that I am officially over:

COVID The Firm (all of them, not just the current thread topic) Identity politics Money/economy/work taking up every moment Frankenfood/processed food and overly expensive fresh/organic Musk/Bezos/1% dragons sitting on their piles of gold Advertising everywhere - while pumping gas, while visiting almost every single website, hospitals, taking public transportation. 24/7

Yeah, yeah I know. I should make my own thread or post this in the “Let’s be Old People” thread

by Anonymousreply 25January 15, 2023 2:41 PM

I found that interview with the managing director of the publishing house interesting.

After wading through his gleeful response to sales and urging everyone to read the book (as if), he began bobbing and weaving when asked if they planned to publish another one. Choosing his words very carefully, his eventual response as not for a long time.

Ended the interview looking somber and said he hoped the book would bring Harry "peace".

So, I can't help but wonder what he knows about Harry's state of mind even with all the mega bucks his company is pulling in.

by Anonymousreply 26January 15, 2023 3:02 PM

It’s funny how the most deranged of the Harry haters can’t resist telling on themselves. Everything they think they know about him, the foundation of their visceral hatred, comes from the Daily Mail. Yet in “Spare,” which is nowhere near as whiny and petulant as portrayed in tabloids, he dismantled nearly every myth Fleet Street rags have pushed for decades.

The one piece of fiction that’s been weaponized against Harry these past few years is that he and William used to be close. They share DNA and some friends, but that’s about it. For instance, neither was the other’s best man at their respective weddings, even though the palace went through great lengths to insinuate otherwise. And while Harry loved Kate and was happy she and William got engaged, he found out about the engagement with the public. He had indeed been left Diana’s engagement ring in her will, but he forfeited it to Will when they were still teenagers…so it’s fiction that he gave the ring up as a sign of approval of Kate.

It’s insane how people think he should sit back and let lies define who he is. The reason people assume he’s a dumb racist with substance abuse issues is because those are the stories that garnered the most readers. He has every right to tell his own story in his own words.

by Anonymousreply 27January 15, 2023 3:25 PM

^ should be "was not for a long time".

by Anonymousreply 28January 15, 2023 3:26 PM

R27, we've seen the videos of the weddings--each brother was, in fact, the other's best man. Each stood next to each other and assisted during the wedding, that's what a best man does. As for the ring, Diana's will is matter of public record, and it did not specifically mention her engagement ring, much less leave it to Harry. (The two were not adults when she died and could not have made any legally binding decisions concerning her estate). Harry is entitled to say what he wants, but his intense bitterness towards William suggests that he was once extremely attached to him.

by Anonymousreply 29January 15, 2023 3:41 PM

R29, Harry claims he was best man for the cameras only.

He was forbidden from giving the traditional best man speech at the reception, two of William’s longtime buddies both gave speeches instead.

by Anonymousreply 30January 15, 2023 3:47 PM

The van Straubenzee brothers were William and Harry’s respective best men, but both had to go through the charade of pretending their brother was their best man.

by Anonymousreply 31January 15, 2023 3:54 PM

If William ended up with his mother’s iconic engagement ring, what was Harry bequeathed?

by Anonymousreply 32January 15, 2023 4:00 PM

I can't imagine why the BRF is even contemplating some kind of "peace" summit with the Harkles. I get that they want a return to normality, but surely they know that neither of them can be trusted and that they will never ever be satisfied with anything or any arrangement. They are both ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 33January 15, 2023 4:06 PM

R32, Harry was left with a substantial sum of money and most of his mother’s jewelry, to include her engagement ring. However, he parted with the ring well before Kate entered the picture (probably in recognition of the fact that whoever eventually wore it would become Princess of Wales…and Queen).

People like R33 can throw as many hissy fits as they’d like, and lob accusations based on pure fantasy while doing so. However, all of us have family members who’ve disappointed us at some point, and few of us have sought to banish them from our lives forever. Even The Queen showed mercy to the man whose actions led to her father’s premature death and changed her life forever (the Duke of Windsor). Hell, even his wife was shown mercy and given a burial at Westminster Abbey upon her death.

Harry and Meagan will not be cast out forever and reconciliation is the most likely outcome. At the end of the day, Harry is the son of the King and his children have royal blood as well. Real life will not play out like some cheesy soap opera as so many tabloid reading fraus seem to wish.

by Anonymousreply 34January 15, 2023 4:47 PM

Claims of a “peace summit” = more bullshit put out there by the Sussexes to test the waters.

by Anonymousreply 35January 15, 2023 4:50 PM

I've never had a family member act like Harry, R34. Pity that you do. Also, pointing out the cold, hard truth that the Harkles cannot be trusted or satisfied is not a hissy, so calm down Missy.

by Anonymousreply 36January 15, 2023 4:56 PM

R32, Diana left her property in equal shares to her sons. Since they were not adults, the property was left in trust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 15, 2023 4:57 PM

r32 Harry got Diana's Cartier watch, which Meghan has been seen wearing back when they still lived in the UK.

[quote]It’s funny how the most deranged of the Harry haters can’t resist telling on themselves. Everything they think they know about him, the foundation of their visceral hatred, comes from the Daily Mail.

Well, now I can honestly say that most of what I know about him comes directly from his own mouth, via his book and multiple recent interviews. And I'm even more convinced he's an entitled, selfish dolt who takes no responsibility for his own misery.

by Anonymousreply 38January 15, 2023 5:20 PM

This "story" is from Roya Nikkah. who has many times wailed that the BRF cannot go on without Harold, and today was picked up by the Mail. The Harolds' PR has repeatedly tried this manifesting technique.

by Anonymousreply 39January 15, 2023 5:35 PM

[quote]It’s insane how people think he should sit back and let lies define who he is.

Ahem, We're letting Harry's lies define who he is, which is someone who lies, as well as exaggerating his own importance to the point of absolute delusion.

He preposterously does not take any ownership for his own actions, inferences, or words. He thinks he's the Wizard of OZ and can hide behind the curtain of his bought and paid for Hollywood fiction-storey-creators to completely blow out of proportion any and all of his perceived slights.

by Anonymousreply 40January 15, 2023 6:44 PM

r40 Exactly- and so called newspaper lies do not define who anyone is..He is obessed with what the media say about him and seems to want to control the press to a totalitarian degree.

by Anonymousreply 41January 15, 2023 6:49 PM

If Harry wants everyone to tell the truth, he should support the removal of the NDAs signed by those employed by both KP and BP so that they can defend themselves against the "charges" the Sussex pair hurl.

by Anonymousreply 42January 15, 2023 8:04 PM

[quote]If William ended up with his mother’s iconic engagement ring, what was Harry bequeathed?

By the looks of it, her mental health.

by Anonymousreply 43January 15, 2023 8:20 PM

r42 The hypocritical pair want you to support their truth not other peoples.

by Anonymousreply 44January 15, 2023 8:54 PM

Harry is only interested in hearing himself talk and other people telling him how unfortunate/amazing he and his wife are.

by Anonymousreply 45January 15, 2023 8:55 PM

There is a video out there of Paul Burrell talking about both of Diana's sons choosing something of hers as a keepsake.

William chose the Cartier watch which had been a gift to Diana from her father on her 21st birthday.

Harry chose the ring because he remembered how it hurt his hand when his mother was wearing it and holding his hand.

When William was to marry, it was decided (I can't remember how or by whom) that he should have the ring.

I don't have a link to the video, so someone else can look for it it they want.

by Anonymousreply 46January 15, 2023 8:57 PM

^Lies. A 12 year old child did not "choose" a piece of valuable jewelry.

by Anonymousreply 47January 15, 2023 9:11 PM

I remember reading that William had had Diana's watch. I had never heard that it was a gift from her father.

by Anonymousreply 48January 15, 2023 9:21 PM

Congratulations Prince Harry on the fastest-selling nonfiction book of all time!

Cope and seethe, racist Tory cunts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 15, 2023 9:26 PM

R45, unfortunate/amazing sounds like it could be a Sondheim song title.

by Anonymousreply 50January 15, 2023 9:36 PM

Plenty of the book seems like fiction

by Anonymousreply 51January 15, 2023 9:37 PM

R27, none of us ever said that Harry didn't have the right to tell his own story in his... a ghostwriter's words, just that "his" words show he's a petty spoiled angry worthless manchild twat. One who has NO idea what real trouble or suffering is.

by Anonymousreply 52January 15, 2023 10:24 PM

[quote]Congratulations Prince Harry on the fastest-selling nonfiction book of all time!

So this weekend while out shopping, Target had stacks of "Spare" - 30% off; likewise, the warehouse club also had stacks of the book for some reduced price.

So isn't this kind of thing typical with high profile bios? Maybe it's wildly popular, but it seems more like flooding the market rather than real demand.

by Anonymousreply 53January 15, 2023 10:55 PM

When they say fastest selling, how are they counting it? Bulk orders from distributors, or sales to the end consumers? Are the "sold" books still in stores (having been purchased by bookstore buyers) or in readers' hands?

by Anonymousreply 54January 15, 2023 11:03 PM

#PrinceHarryisaBully trending on Twatter right now. Apparently, Taylor from Foo Fighters was slapped hard in the face by Harry after telling him he wasn't awake. They said he's a real dick.

by Anonymousreply 55January 15, 2023 11:22 PM

Oh, and he allegedly rode his pregnant polo pony against medical advice and she had a heart attack on the field and died.

by Anonymousreply 56January 15, 2023 11:40 PM

Oh I'm sure there's lots of dirt on Harry as well. This mud slinging is so pointless because its not as if Harry or Meghan's hands are completely clean either. I'm sure there are people who could write bombshell tell all books on them too.

by Anonymousreply 57January 15, 2023 11:53 PM

Did Hawkins call his therapist after Harry slapped him around?

by Anonymousreply 58January 15, 2023 11:55 PM

^ No, he called Harry an asshole and wanted to fight him but Harry's bodyguards were flanking him and it was a paid gig for some rich person.

by Anonymousreply 59January 16, 2023 12:22 AM

R55, Harry admits in his book that he attacked one of his own bodyguards for the hell of it.

by Anonymousreply 60January 16, 2023 12:40 AM

"This mud slinging is so pointless because its not as if Harry or Meghan's hands are completely clean either."

Harry and Meg may be stupid enough to think that the royal family's "never complain, never explain" policy means Charles and William won't retaliate if Harry sells dirt on them, because they are retaliating but indirectly. They may seem to be sailing (or bumbling) along regally, but they're quietly having others go to the press with stories about Harry and Meg misbehaving, or letting the upper classes know that they wouldn't mind seeing some Harry-bashing in the mainstream media, if anyone knows anyone in those circles.

And the end result is that the mainstream media sure seems to have turned against Harry, and Harry and Meg don't seem to have any idea how it happened. Maybe they really are that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 61January 16, 2023 12:41 AM

I'm pretty sure the sold books are to stores, because something like a million of them were "sold" way before the thing was released, and the breathless "fastest selling" press releases were quivering and ready to go. Also I read the stores had minimum requirements (don't know if this is standard)

by Anonymousreply 62January 16, 2023 1:46 AM

Now along with the 'Klan Granny Troll' we have the 'Cope and Seethe Troll'. Funny thing is they seem to get more upset on these threads than anyone.

by Anonymousreply 63January 16, 2023 2:00 AM

Anyone on DL familiar with the publishing world?

Is it true that it is common practice to price a book high and then immediately reduce the price so buyers think they are getting a bargain?

by Anonymousreply 64January 16, 2023 2:39 AM

I think it's more like they have to price the books high because it is really expensive to produce a book and the distributors (like NBN and Ingram) pay only a percentage of the retail price. The list price is calculated based on the expected average sale price (taking into account the discounts) and anticipated sales volume. That way the publishers know how many copies they need to sell at the average price in order to recoup their expenses and turn a profit.

by Anonymousreply 65January 16, 2023 4:30 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 16, 2023 8:31 AM

Love that Taylor Hawkins called him an asshole and wanted to fight him. RIP.

Clown Prince Petty is such a coward to strike someone and then hide behind his bodyguards. No wonder he's desperate for armed security in the UK if he goes around slapping people when he doesn't like what they say to him. Gutless turd. Yet he's all Mills & Boon describing W "attacking" HIM.

by Anonymousreply 67January 16, 2023 9:02 AM

I suspect a tell all book about H and MM is already in being penned.

by Anonymousreply 68January 16, 2023 9:03 AM

Nix “in” @ [R68]

by Anonymousreply 69January 16, 2023 9:05 AM

I can imagine Megs screeching at Harry, “This is ALL your fault!”

by Anonymousreply 70January 16, 2023 9:08 AM

I heard it was William's polo pony? H is a fuckwit. He should be cancelled for taking glory in the way he used to debase and humiliate one of his former teachers.

by Anonymousreply 71January 16, 2023 10:26 AM

Meghan doesn't have Diana's watch. That's her own watch she bought when Suits was renewed for season 3 and she got a raise. She bragged about it on her blog. R34 lies so much.

by Anonymousreply 72January 16, 2023 11:34 AM

Harry chose the engagement ring and W chose the watch. Then they swapped just before W got engaged.

by Anonymousreply 73January 16, 2023 11:49 AM

R73, And Harry chose the box of Diana’s hair.

by Anonymousreply 74January 16, 2023 12:15 PM

Keep clapping Klan Grannies or the tell-all Harkle book is gonna die!

by Anonymousreply 75January 16, 2023 1:09 PM

Shouldn't you be spending your time committing welfare fraud?

by Anonymousreply 76January 16, 2023 1:52 PM

Harry's Rip on Rupert Murdoch is incredible. He has said what no one else has the guts to say it. I hope he realizes he will pay for it. But Murdoch deserves every word of it.

by Anonymousreply 77January 16, 2023 2:17 PM

from r66

"The couple did not make the guestlist for the biggest British showbiz night in Hollywood on Saturday following the fallout from Harry's tell-all memoir Spare.

London executives 'snubbed' the Sussexes as they believed inviting them was a 'terrible idea', a Bafta insider claimed.

The source, a Bafta consultant, told The Sun: 'Bafta decided it was a terrible idea. They thought it would be a PR disaster."

by Anonymousreply 78January 16, 2023 2:24 PM

R34, reconciliation looks worse for Harry and Meghan, though. They make all these accusations, and in the most insane and public way, and then just abandon them because Charles and William said sorry we upset you? They already lost a huge chunk of their supporters when Harry said the royal family aren't racist and Meghan thinks Lady Hussey is great.

I'm pretty sure that over the years Harry will reconcile with his family - but that's because he will soften the hard position he has taken against them. How Meghan fits into all this is the big unknown.

by Anonymousreply 79January 16, 2023 2:30 PM

R66, r78 H&M had never been invited to award shows and after parties anyway, but after Harry's revelations not just about his family but also about friends and acquaintances such as Courtney Cox and Elton John everyone will want to keep away from them. No one can trust Harry after he's shown such a lack of discretion. Now Harry has stated that the royal family are not racist and it's clear that whatever therapy he's had it's not had the desired effect, they will find themselves shunned from things like the Ripple award and all the mental health advocacy Harry was hoping to do. The Mandela family and progressive politicians distancing themselves from them is also a disaster for their image.

This is not what Meghan had in mind.

by Anonymousreply 80January 16, 2023 2:38 PM

R77, Rupert Murdoch is a long-pilloried figure. Ripping on Murdoch is one of the easiest things in the world.

by Anonymousreply 81January 16, 2023 2:41 PM

We DECLINED to attend the BAFTA event!!

by Anonymousreply 82January 16, 2023 2:57 PM

Even the liberal media finally caught on and is mocking Meghan and her constant grasping and recording.

by Anonymousreply 83January 16, 2023 4:46 PM

Chelsea Handler hosting the Critics' Choice awards:

'Dahmer became the third highest viewed show on Netflix with a combined watch time of 1 billion hours, which apparently is the same amount of time we're going to have to listen to prince Harry talk about his frostbitten penis. It's enough, already.'

by Anonymousreply 84January 16, 2023 4:49 PM

Also, William's president of the BAFTAs I think. Hardly a good look.

by Anonymousreply 85January 16, 2023 4:49 PM

How did they ever imagine in a choice between them and the monarchy, a majority would choose them? Look at the losers who come here on their behalf. They've got nowhere to turn. They people they want joke about them and the people they've got count for nothing and act like savages.

by Anonymousreply 86January 16, 2023 4:51 PM

Don Lemon described it best when he called them gauche. Its just too much whining and comes across as tasteless.

by Anonymousreply 87January 16, 2023 6:02 PM

The handsome Andrew Gold calls out Harry for his outrageous cruelty, arrogance and hypocrisy (and a bit about his wife's equally outrageous Mandela lie), I wish Andrew had fallen out of his bed and into mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 16, 2023 6:37 PM

Where is Meghan these days?

by Anonymousreply 89January 16, 2023 8:13 PM

R89....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 16, 2023 8:41 PM

r75, more like bleating Klan Grannies.

They must continue their tirade against Harry, The Spare.

by Anonymousreply 91January 16, 2023 9:07 PM

So there was no audience at Harry's Colbert apperance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 17, 2023 4:35 PM

Oof, those comments in the article are gold. "Who does he think he is? He's not Prince William." And "if security is such a concern, why is he doing interviews in the first place?"

by Anonymousreply 93January 17, 2023 4:51 PM

R92, Then who were those people cheering and applauding Harry?

Canned audio?

by Anonymousreply 94January 17, 2023 4:59 PM

R94 The article states that he filmed his segment a day early, with that evening's audience.

by Anonymousreply 95January 17, 2023 5:05 PM

"security concerns" = afraid of blatant lack of response or even heckling from the audience

This celebutard's house of cards is collapsing in on itself - a joy to behold.

FYI Harry: Royalty in the UK gleans respect for service to the UK and the Commonwealth. In America, 'Royalty' means nothing, much like how you conduct your life in America, despite thinking that you are "Royal'

by Anonymousreply 96January 17, 2023 5:08 PM

Harry was live with an audience he interacted with favorably.

He got some cue "awwwwws" from them. It was lovely.

Not a Klan Granny hater in the house.

by Anonymousreply 97January 17, 2023 7:27 PM

According to Late Show staffers, Harry did film his interview with Colbert in front of a live audience – just not the audience that traveled to see Prince Harry on Tuesday night.

He's still ridiculous about security

by Anonymousreply 98January 17, 2023 7:40 PM

R98, Then he probably shouldn’t have written about how many members of the Taliban he took out.

by Anonymousreply 99January 17, 2023 7:46 PM

Photo of Meghan on a yacht with Jeffrey Epstein's girlfriend, Karyna Shuliak.

This is why people say Harry is dumb. He doesn't seem to understand that the more he puts himself and Meghan in the limelight, the more he reveals about his private life, then the more questions will be asked about him and Meghan. Any skeletons she has in the cupboard will be exposed, and he can't pin that on his family supposedly leaking stories to the press.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100January 17, 2023 9:49 PM

The passage below was written in December 2019, before Mexit. Some DLers foretold their future.

Agreed. I would have supposed that Harry would have been at pains to explain it all to her, but given he's more troubled than anyone realised, now I'm not so sure. Instead of explaining to Meghan that she wouldn't be at liberty to use her position as she liked, that she and he would not only always be behind the Cambridges, but would have a duty to support them as the future of the monarchy, what happened instead is that Meghan fed Harry her own vision that together they could forge their own starry course through the monarchy into global importance and leave the stuffy Cambridges behind.

Neither of them reckoned on the reality: you cannot be yourself on your own terms in this game. Meghan might be forgiven for getting this wrong as she is American and obsessively self-focussed, but there is no excuse for Harry not knowing better.

He not only drank the Kool-Aid, he endorsed it. He gets more share of the blame, in my opinion. Meghan just enabled his petulant resentment because it helped her snag him.

by Anonymousreply 101January 17, 2023 10:54 PM

It was probably MM who pointed out to Dimbo that his father didn't hug him after breaking the news of Diana's death. He's probably revised his entire life and now looks at it from MM's point of view where the focus is on what he didn't get instead of what he did. It doesn't seem to have made him any happier.

by Anonymousreply 102January 18, 2023 2:09 AM

R92, I'm confused, there was an audience at the Colbert show. Harry made several references to veterans in the audience who hooted and cheered. He was completely insufferable and obnoxious. Colbert had his head so far up Harry's ass I was embarrassed for him and lost what little respect I had for him.

by Anonymousreply 103January 18, 2023 2:25 AM

R92's claim is false. They filmed it the day before the appearance was broadcast, so it was in front of the audience the night before.

R101, those of who have been enjoying the snarking since the beginning have repeatedly been proven right--they want to do their own thing, they'll move to California, they'll do a reality show, etc.

As soon as people get to know these two better, they turn off them. Harry has proven himself to be envious, vindictive, and childish; Meghan--via The Cut and her podcast--has shown the world how basic she is (which we clocked years ago from some Tig excerpts.)

by Anonymousreply 104January 18, 2023 5:22 AM

R103, and that is what makes a celebrity interview. His father is a politician. His brother is a politician. Harry gets the glory as a celeb.

by Anonymousreply 105January 18, 2023 5:53 AM

Royals aren't meant to be celebs, r105, something some Americans have trouble comprehending. His father and brother aren't politicians but public servants.

by Anonymousreply 106January 18, 2023 8:14 AM

R106, In a tabloid context, royals are celebrities. In a British context, Chuck and Wills are Regent and heir and wield the political power of current and future Head of State. I believe your statement is oversimplified.Harry gets to be a bigger celebrity in the US. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 107January 18, 2023 10:42 AM

Who gives a shit about Harry being a celebrity in the US? That's an embarrassment for him, especially as his aim is to be seen as a Highly Important Person doing Highly Important Things.

Charles is not the regent. Do you know what the word regent means, r107?

by Anonymousreply 108January 18, 2023 10:48 AM

Harry is ugly, dim and mean. He does not have the makings of a star, but is tabloid fodder until he tops himself and for a while after. There won't be a happy ending. He will never be able to control the press, which is a blessing considering his views on free speech, but which will also be an ongoing source of intense frustration for him.

The Harkles are brats who tried to bully the press. A fatal mistake only amateurs or the truly delusional would make. Almost ALL the UK papers have it in for them: left, right and everything in between. Nice to see they can agree on something. Not that many of the articles are overtly nasty, often they just troll them.

by Anonymousreply 109January 18, 2023 10:57 AM

No one was more harassed by the paparazzi than Jackie and her children.

She sued Ron Galella and won, but he was still able to take as many photos of her as before.

by Anonymousreply 110January 18, 2023 11:02 AM

r108, forgive me, as I meant Sovereign. We will be lucky if the UK sees another Regency.

But there are a lot of people who like Harry in the US. People with cash. Corporations with cash.

Waiting for Biden to appoint the Duchess of Sussex to a UN Ambassadorship.

All Archie has to do is run for Congress.

by Anonymousreply 111January 18, 2023 11:30 AM

Jimmy Kimmel just loves him. He's great for Jimmy's corporation.

by Anonymousreply 112January 18, 2023 12:18 PM

[quote]But there are a lot of people who like Harry in the US. People with cash. Corporations with cash.

At this point, they basically have an advantage in selected aspects of the market, which cuts them a lot of slack, overall they aren't in a great position.

"While there is not that much difference between Black and white Americans in terms of favorable opinions of the two (28% and 23%, respectively), there is a much greater level of unfavorability among white adults, with 38% saying so versus just 8% of Black adults. The 18-34s are more than twice as likely to be in their favor (36%) than not (15%); the inverse holds true among those 55 or older (19% positive versus 34% negative). Younger Americans are the only age group to have a net positive opinion of Harry and Meghan."

Do you really want your favourability, overall, to be 28% and 23%, with one demographic as your base? Might be fine for them when they fire up their complaint factory, but as a marketer, is this enough? Is the market big enough and profitable enough to hand them tens of millions?

Let's revisit that in a year's time, once Netflix and Spotify make their intentions known.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113January 18, 2023 12:27 PM

R111, Harry and Meghan are damaged goods. The only people who will want to collaborate with them now are people who think they can use them as scandal click-bait to make more money.

Biden wouldn't touch Meghan with a barge-pole. He did meet William in Boston, however, when William was there for the Earthshot Prize event, in collaboration with President Kennedy's family and with Democratic politicians such as John Kerry in attendance. No Democratic politician wants anything to do with Harry and Meghan. They got a prize from the ridiculous Kerry Kennedy for supposedly fighting "structural racism" within the royal family, then Harry goes and blows that all up by saying the royal family is not racist. They even have progressive politicians such as Jacinda Ardern and people like the grandchildren of Nelson Mandela distancing themselves from them and criticising them.

They have lost their support among black people and the "progressive" left and celebrities no longer want to be their friends because Harry is so indiscreet and publishes personal stuff that they would prefer to keep quiet. Harry is a liability. They will be invited to nothing (not that they ever were invited to things, much to Meghan's chagrin).

They are over. It doesn't matter if Harry's book sells lots of copies because that book does not further his cause, it only damages his reputation.

by Anonymousreply 114January 18, 2023 12:41 PM

R111 got lost on her way from LSA. Biden will never have anything to do with these 2, much less appoint Meghan to anything. They're nobodies. Their claim to fame is the connection to the Royal Family. Biden has no desire to alienate the British people for 2 nobodies. And by the time Archie will be old enough to run for Congress, the moron and his wife will not only be irrelevant but old and irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 115January 18, 2023 2:35 PM

R115, apart from all of that, ambassadorships are given to party loyalists who are important fundraisers. (Everything in politics is money—you can’t get anywhere if you don’t bring in the money.) Giving an ambassadorship to someone who has done nothing for the party would be major political malpractice.

by Anonymousreply 116January 18, 2023 2:39 PM

LOL yeah, Megsie would make a great ambassador. She's so great at building relationships and isn't alienating in the slightest.

by Anonymousreply 117January 18, 2023 2:43 PM

I would not be surprised if there is some concern, perhaps at the US State Department, at the way the Harkles and their shenanigans are impacting the US relationship with our closest ally, the UK, in their attempt to destabilize the RF and the current British Head of State. Also as well as contributing to problems with the Commonwealth nations leading to an increase in Chinese and Russian influence in those countries.

The Sussex pair, in their quest for adoration and fortune, are dangerous bunglers. Case in point, the book's claim about the King's son in combat. They fling their shit in the air, not caring or noticing where it lands and then they blame others for the results. And act all "Who? Me?".

What can be viewed as blather by a pair of dolts, has actual serious consequences far beyond their knowledge or care.

Not funny. Not funny at all.

Time to have the INS review H's immigration status.

by Anonymousreply 118January 18, 2023 2:55 PM

[quote]Waiting for Biden to appoint the Duchess of Sussex to a UN Ambassadorship.

You should hold your breath and the same time, preferably around furniture with sharp edges.

by Anonymousreply 119January 18, 2023 3:01 PM

Harry and his wife are complete and utter laughingstocks here. He's never been seen as a celebrity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 18, 2023 3:07 PM

R103 According to reports the audience was filmed separately. Basically, they filmed Harry's interview sans audience , then screened the interview to an audience (after Harry had left) to film their reactions. So basically Colbert and Harry were interacting with an audience that allegedly wasn't even there.

by Anonymousreply 121January 18, 2023 4:54 PM

^that's weird - I've never heard of that before; is that common?

by Anonymousreply 122January 18, 2023 4:59 PM

Weather there was an audience or not, just remember that live-tapings have cue-cards as to when to clap, when to shriek with delight ..... etc, etc ...

The audience reaction was for sure CONTRIVED!

by Anonymousreply 123January 18, 2023 5:08 PM

Their American numbers are tanking too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124January 18, 2023 5:27 PM

The "todger" story is getting mocked all over the place. Harry looks like a damn fool, I can't believe he actually read that part for his book.

by Anonymousreply 125January 18, 2023 6:22 PM

R124 I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's the media on both sides of the pond that are trying (or at least were trying) to build this narrative that H&M are huge stars in the US. It was always a fallacy. I think perhaps younger people (the under 25s) are more into them but that's not entirely unexpected. The media loves royal drama because it "sells" but people have had more than enough. The real issue for H&M is that their egos won't let them shut-up which is what they should be doing at this point. They've so overplayed their hand, they've changed their story and deny things that come out of their own mouths. Even if the royals were leaking negative stories about them (which I personally don't believe) their argument for their own leaks is basically a playground response of "they did it first." Also, their response to Jeremy Clarkson's apology is a case in point of why the royals should never apologize to them (although what the royals should apologize for has never actually been expressed by either Harry or Meghan).

There is a part of me that almost believes the conspiracy theory that Meghan encouraged Harry to overshare to basically set the stage for her leaving him in the not too distant future.

by Anonymousreply 126January 18, 2023 7:20 PM

[quote]Jimmy Kimmel just loves him. He's great for Jimmy's corporation.

Jimmy's corporation is Disney. You know, the company that deals with princes and their princesses.

Harry is Disney fulfilled.

by Anonymousreply 127January 18, 2023 7:21 PM

Harry is a dollar-store version of a prince.

by Anonymousreply 128January 18, 2023 7:40 PM

My Gen Z relatives could care less about them, although they try to tout Harry & Meghan as a young couple to Gen Z they are old. My relatives in England and my mother are loyal to the RF but I think they (the RF and H&M) are going to go the way of the newspaper to the younger generations.

by Anonymousreply 129January 18, 2023 7:56 PM

I thought Newsweek was a shell of itself but the pollster seems credible... the FT, BBC, The Telegraph, Politico...

Redfield & Wilton polled 2,000 U.S. eligible voters for Newsweek on January 16, six days after the publication of Spare.

Prince Harry was liked by 31 percent and disliked by 38 percent giving him a net approval rating of -7. Data collected by Redfield & Wilton for Newsweek as recently as December 5 put Harry at +38, meaning he dropped 45 points in just more than a month.

Meghan was viewed favorably by 26 percent of Americans and unfavorably by 39 percent, giving her a net approval rating of -13. This compares to +23 on December 5, a drop of 36 points.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 18, 2023 8:25 PM

I have seen one British commentator who sensibly recommended that should K3 invite his youngest and his spouse, the media should report on them barely or not at all.

Trouble with that, though, is that the foreign press would not go along.

However, since the Brits would control the video from inside the Abbey, it would be simple to arrange for no footage of the pair.

BTW, it has occurred to me more recently since the Sussex's ugly eruptions, that somewhere, those responsible, are patting themselves on the back for mysteriously shifting the camera's viewpoint in St George Chapel (May 19, 2018) just as the bride and groom bowed and curtseyed to the groom's grandmother, so that the footage only shows that incident from far above. No classic video of the curtsey of the bride to the Queen, while there are easily available Youtube videos of other royal brides doing that. As someone who early spotted trouble as to the "team player" of Harry's choice (like many others on DL), I remarked on this missing shot at the time and have always thought it was done deliberately.

So, no curtsey video to keep replaying. Too bad, so sad.

by Anonymousreply 131January 18, 2023 8:28 PM

SPARE is #1 on the NYT Nonfiction bestsellers list for 1/29/23.

#2 is THE LIGHT WE CARRIED by Michelle Obama

#3 is I’M GLAD MY MOM DIED by Archie Mountbatten-Windsor

by Anonymousreply 132January 18, 2023 8:33 PM

“Weather there was an audience or not . . .”

Oh, bloody dear!

by Anonymousreply 133January 18, 2023 10:43 PM

R129, the expression is that someone COULDN'T care less.

by Anonymousreply 134January 18, 2023 11:00 PM

r131 do you mean C3?

by Anonymousreply 135January 19, 2023 12:17 AM

Per the latest, the pre-Coronation summit that Harry is demanding is unlikely to happen.

by Anonymousreply 136January 19, 2023 1:58 AM

I'm shocked.

by Anonymousreply 137January 19, 2023 3:17 AM

After watching just a few clips of his interviews, I'm not sure Harry is psychologically strong enough for a serious discussion about what he's done. He's expecting apologies for... everything that's ever gone wrong? every rude word ever said? every snub big bro, like every big bro, has given - real or imagined. I mean it's just ridiculous. Surely they couldn't just let him rant nonsense and say -- oh Harry, we love you, will make any sacrifice, will give you the high level security, will give you a castle instead of Frogmore, you can work 1 month here and 11 in California -- just anything!!!

And he would settle for nothing else -- but when pinned down by a legal expert, he'd have a mental breakdown. You see how he tenses up, like in the Brady interview -- he cannot STAND to be questioned. Even a little bit. The blame comes flying out of his mouth -- KATE MADE ME DRESS LIKE A NAZI, THE PRESS SAID I SAID I KILLED PEOPLE AND I NEVER DID............ Like a raving lunatic. You can't deal with that, Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 138January 19, 2023 3:40 AM

* Bradby not Brady

by Anonymousreply 139January 19, 2023 3:42 AM

"He's expecting apologies for... everything that's ever gone wrong? every rude word ever said?"

He seems to be one of those people who remembers every rude or discouraging word ever said to him, and who immediately forgets every damn rude or hurtful thing he's ever said or done to everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 140January 19, 2023 4:39 AM

Well when your dad pays the press with your stories filtered through palace courtiers, you'd be pissed too.

by Anonymousreply 141January 19, 2023 5:15 AM

R141, the HardCashians lied to a bloody court about their own involvement with FF. MM is lucky she wasn't charged with something over that. How are they any better? Kaiser and Scobie do their bidding on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 142January 19, 2023 6:52 AM

R141, Harry makes this claim, but, as far as I have read, really doesn't back it up with specifics. When a paper learned of Harry's drug-taking, he asked the Palace to issue a (false) denial. They refused to do so, and the subsequent story was highly sympathetic to Charles. It's possible that was a case of opportunist action by Charles's press office, but that was many years ago. It doesn't demonstrate a pattern.

Harry's other complaints are just weird. After Meghan was criticized for wearing ripped jeans, he wanted the Palace to issue a statement saying that her outfit had been "officially approved," as though that would have shut down any fashion criticism. The Palace, of course, did nothing.

by Anonymousreply 143January 19, 2023 11:33 AM

In what way is Charles refusing to lie to the media "opportunistic action", r143? Great post, otherwise. Harry's demand that the Palace issue statements refuting every tabloid story is ridiculous. He should just ignore the papers and get off the internet.

by Anonymousreply 144January 19, 2023 11:39 AM

R144, Harry's claim was that Charles's press office had encouraged the story to be reported as one of the struggles that Charles faced as a single father (which, in fact, it was). To Harry, this was an example of Charles using his problems for favorable press, but it's hard to think of a better way to blunt the impact of the story.

by Anonymousreply 145January 19, 2023 1:17 PM

In Harry's "stuck in childhood" mind, anything terrible he's ever done is conveniently the fault of someone else.

by Anonymousreply 146January 19, 2023 2:23 PM

Remember his mummy told him it was OK to do bad things, but DON'T GET CAUGHT.

Great motherly advice, Eh?

And look at the result.

by Anonymousreply 147January 19, 2023 3:58 PM

[quote]He seems to be one of those people who remembers every rude or discouraging word ever said to him, and who immediately forgets every damn rude or hurtful thing he's ever said or done to everyone else.

EXACTLY.

by Anonymousreply 148January 19, 2023 5:40 PM

The majority of Americans think H&M should lose their titles....their American Dream has sunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149January 19, 2023 6:53 PM

They really pulled a grenade on themselves with their interviews and books.

by Anonymousreply 150January 19, 2023 6:58 PM

hmmm seems that the more people get to know the Duke and Duchess of Overseas, the less they like them.

by Anonymousreply 151January 19, 2023 7:06 PM

Everything keeps moving in the wrong direction for these two assholes. They'll be getting desperate soon.

by Anonymousreply 152January 19, 2023 7:31 PM

His mother told him it was okay to get into trouble as long as you don't get caught.

But he is so stupid he constantly gets caught by the press, and this is what really pisses him off. He's not even as smart as his mother was, and likeable as she was, she was clearly no brains trust. Who knows what she really got up to? She lied about her involvement with the Morton book and he only revealed the truth after her death. Harry makes Diana seem like a genius.

by Anonymousreply 153January 19, 2023 11:16 PM

He does seem to lack her cunning. Now, Diana scored two major won goals with the Morton book and Panorama, but she still held the public affection in the majority. Frosty is failing on all fronts.

by Anonymousreply 154January 19, 2023 11:28 PM

Everything Harry and his wife touch, turns to shit. I don't think they've woken up to this fact. They are basically unlikeable, untalented, uninteresting, sociopaths. As the ship continues to sink, they've become instinctively meaner, greedier and destructive.

by Anonymousreply 155January 19, 2023 11:51 PM

I wonder if there's tension between them about raising the children? Two crazy different backgrounds and then both of them... themselves.

by Anonymousreply 156January 19, 2023 11:52 PM

"The Behavior Panel" on Youtube have done body language analysis on his from his interviews. They specify their credentials up front and they pinpoint his "tells".

by Anonymousreply 157January 20, 2023 12:10 AM

R157, are they worth watching? I watch The Body Language Guy, mainly because he keeps the videos to about 15 minutes. The Behavior panel ones are always way over an hour. Even at 1.5 playback speed. that's way more time I want to spend watching.

by Anonymousreply 158January 20, 2023 12:15 AM

Each of them specifies their credentials at the start of a video.

It's not just H&M they have analyzed. They've also done commentary of serial killers like Bundy and Gacy. Scary.

I watched the video where they covered Alec Baldwin after the shooting, where they covered 3 different videos of AB.

The first was the one out on the road where he and his wife were angry that they were being followed by reporters. That one has funny bits as the wife tried to talk too and AB shuts her down.

The second was the video of him talking to the cops (sheriff's office?) after the shooting before he knew the lady was dead. Exactly like those videos of suspects in small rooms that you see if you watch crime documentaries.

The third was sections of his interview with George Stephanopolous.

After the interview with GS, one of the 4 talked about a friend of his who was an actor who had told him how actors use some Peppermint oil or extract or other to help them cry.

The quartet analyzed AB in all 3 interviews.

by Anonymousreply 159January 20, 2023 12:59 AM

“‘I think he [Harry] is lacking in empathy, remorse and shame,” she told the program.

“He is showing a clear disconnect with reality and is so emotionally underdeveloped that he can’t move on from this stage where he has resentment over a whole host of issues.

“I don’t think he can think like an adult because I don’t think emotionally he is one.

“It’s really par for the course that he’s behaving in this bitter and delusionary way. It’s an attention game.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 20, 2023 3:59 AM

The Behavior Panel can be a fun watch (but yeah, you definitely need to be doing something else at the same time--they're long) and they're more credentialed than a lot of other pop analysts on YT, but their body language/behavior analysis of single videos have to be taken with a grain of salt. I think they've nailed Harry and his pathology, but their analysis of a video of that Instagram influencer girl and her killer boyfriend led in the wrong direction.

by Anonymousreply 161January 20, 2023 4:53 AM

I do think they're on the back foot now, but I wouldn't say everything they've done has made things worse for themselves. I think a lot of people who haven't been following them and only watched the Netflix show because it was featured on the front page were won over. I've posted before that my sister said "they're not so bad" and this week at work a woman was gushing about it and said "her Instagram has added so many new followers". (It was a fan account.) Another woman said she'd watched the whole thing and then explained why she's on Harry's side (dead Diana trauma, he found the love of his life) and why they had to leave England (paparazzi hounding, fake news, danger).

So, successful PR. Which of course has now been badly offset by Harry's todger book.

by Anonymousreply 162January 20, 2023 5:03 AM

It depends on what their aims are, r162. Their aims are not entirely the same. Meghan seems to want to turn herself into some great humanitarian, fighting social justice issues and working for the UN while still being a mean girl, while Harry doesn't seem to know what he wants beyond picking a fight with everyone. I don't think their aims were ever to get more followers for fan accounts or have an appeal to a small group of Americans while making themselves figures of ridicule in the US and turn almost the entirety of the UK against them.

by Anonymousreply 163January 20, 2023 8:11 AM

R156, I'm sure there are tensions between them over raising the kids and over many, many other issues. This can only end in disaster.

by Anonymousreply 164January 20, 2023 8:13 AM

You're in the minority r162. Most people were turned off by them. Less than one million Americans even watched.

by Anonymousreply 165January 20, 2023 1:21 PM

I think Meghan had a clear plan - use their charitable endeavors to get positive PR, plenty of attention, some awards, and to rake in the cash all while she conquered Hollywood. Remember, upon landing back in CA. she announced that she would be reviewing offers only from A-list directors. Of course we see how that all panned out for her.

by Anonymousreply 166January 20, 2023 2:32 PM

She must be furious it all went so wrong. Although it was obvious to everyone but her that it would never work.

by Anonymousreply 167January 20, 2023 8:16 PM

If I know my narcs, she's busy blaming him.

Saw a weird rumor - that only Harry will/may be invited to the coronation (kind of like Balmoral when the Queen died - NO Meghan), and she's pissed and working on a documentary "Unforgiven" -- and that's why we haven't see her?? Oh well a link to the instagram account if you want to explore that channel. They have a variety of information sources and usually explain where the tips are coming from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168January 20, 2023 9:39 PM

From Popbitch:

[quote]One of the weirder Royal stories of recent weeks was that Meghan and Kate's falling out came about because of a breach of lipgloss etiquette. Maybe it did, but that feels like quite a minor incident to break up an entire monarchy over. Besides, there's a far more compelling explanation for the frosty relations between the two.

[quote]Meghan didn't agree with the way that Kate handled the so-called "Rural Rivalry" situation and told everyone who attended her US baby shower so – filling them in on all the ins and outs of it, explaining what she would have done differently had it been her instead.

[quote]Naturally, the gossip soon spread all over NYC and the Hamptons, before making its way back across the pond to Kate – who was furious to find out she'd been such a hot topic of conversation at the party.

by Anonymousreply 169January 20, 2023 9:41 PM

Another Popbitch entry from today which sounds about right to fit Meghan

[quote]Which podcast millionaire is more ghost than host? Despite being paid a fortune to create an audio series, a number of the interviews in it were actually conducted by the show's producer – with the star host dropping by later to overdub them asking the questions.

by Anonymousreply 170January 20, 2023 9:47 PM

Well that's just pathetic, if true. She has this one goddamned chance to show compassion, concern, empathy for other people - with some great guests - and CANNOT do it.

Not too surprising because she can't "do" empathy and is way out of her depth - she can't even pretend because she's too stupid to know how decent people behave, using basic observation skills. She too up her own ass.

by Anonymousreply 171January 20, 2023 9:51 PM

R168– inviting only Harry would open up the racism charges again as that is the only card she has left to play.

Harry would never go by himself anyway imo— not only because she wouldn’t allow it, but because he knows how he would be booed and heckled by the general public— plus he’d be sitting behind some pillar at the ceremony, hidden from view.

His sense of entitlement couldn’t cope with all the rancor and snubs. Look how he and Megs fled from the Jubilee, having hissy fits all the way back to LA.

I do hope for some more drama though as she is one devious (though stupid) cunt.

by Anonymousreply 172January 20, 2023 10:12 PM

Forget the crowds- I don’t think Harry could face his family without her. Nor would she let him.

by Anonymousreply 173January 20, 2023 11:50 PM

I know Omid is still in their comer - Is Lainey still kissing their arse too? Can’t think of what other “journalists” and I use that word lightly are still blindly supporting.

by Anonymousreply 174January 20, 2023 11:51 PM

Not a journalist but Kaiser is still swigging the Kool-aid by the gallon.

by Anonymousreply 175January 20, 2023 11:54 PM

The Coronation is full of ancient protocols.

Harry and Meghan in their Ducal robes would make heads explode,

by Anonymousreply 176January 20, 2023 11:56 PM

At this point, wouldn't it look more shocking and inappropriate if Harry and Meghan were there than if they weren't? Especially if they make some anodyne excuse, like Harry was invited but was ill at the time. I mean his is ill - mentally very ill.

by Anonymousreply 177January 21, 2023 12:05 AM

They should stay away and say that they had plans for Archie's birthday, which is the same day. Unless they're masochists, they won't come. No one likes them.

by Anonymousreply 178January 21, 2023 12:09 AM

I think I hear Diana spinning in her grave...

by Anonymousreply 179January 21, 2023 2:01 AM

I can't imagine that they would pass up the opportunity to make Harry's family uncomfortable by their presence, not to mention an entire country. BONUS; new grievance that is all occurred on Master Archie's birthday

by Anonymousreply 180January 21, 2023 2:05 AM

Harry's family ignored them before (in Phillip's funeral) and can ignore them again. Now they have an even better reason to put them in the back next randos.

by Anonymousreply 181January 21, 2023 2:08 AM

Yes, but the family still had to go to lengths to plan how to handle them.

by Anonymousreply 182January 21, 2023 2:12 AM

r181, that pesky ancient pomp and circumstance, would place H&M in with the batch of Royal Dukes. I even believe that Harry has precedence over the Earl of Wessex. But Chuck can do whatever he wants. He's had 60 years to chew his cabbage.

by Anonymousreply 183January 21, 2023 2:31 AM

The handsome Andrew Gold explains 5 signs of Harry's psychopathy in Spare. They are quite awful episodes. Harry is one fucked up guy. Not only did he do these awful things, the idiot tells the world!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184January 21, 2023 2:39 AM

Everyone loves a damaged man trying to heal, r184.

Poor, poor, abandoned and abused Harry.

by Anonymousreply 185January 21, 2023 2:45 AM

Megs is leaking again...she's setting the divorce up nicely.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186January 21, 2023 2:49 AM

The quote “this couldn’t be further from the truth” ab her being involved in the writing of the book - is a dead giveaway to me that this is coming directly from her

by Anonymousreply 187January 21, 2023 5:58 AM

Agree, R187. She was very involved in writing the book (especially the part about her). The problem is that, while it's obviously selling well, the book has left their reputations in tatters. She's ready to jump ship soon.

by Anonymousreply 188January 21, 2023 3:58 PM

Is M shopping for her own private jet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189January 21, 2023 5:23 PM

Lady C says she received 2 copies of Harry's book even though she only ordered one. (She was billed for one.) She mentioned it because some people who contacted her also received 2 copies.

Anyone on here get more than one copy if you ordered it?

Perhaps it was just a UK thing?

Also, supposedly, breaking down the count of books sold, apparently the largest number were ordered from the UK.

by Anonymousreply 190January 21, 2023 5:34 PM

Are you on Tattle, r190?

by Anonymousreply 191January 21, 2023 5:57 PM

Ha! "the largest number were ordered from the UK"

Do you mean in absolute numbers? Because the US has 330 million people and the UK has about 70.

So much for them being loved more in her home country.

by Anonymousreply 192January 21, 2023 6:01 PM

What's the name of the thread on Tattle, R191. I'm there on another thread, bitching about cancer patients begging for money to take extravagant holidays. As the Italian proverb goes, "If you're not gonna kick a dog when he's down, when ARE you going to kick him?"

by Anonymousreply 193January 21, 2023 7:18 PM

A Spare to share?

by Anonymousreply 194January 21, 2023 8:18 PM

What does Tattle have to do with Lady C's video?

by Anonymousreply 195January 21, 2023 8:25 PM

So the Maul says the Hardcashians are excluded from the balcony on coronation day. Working royals only.

by Anonymousreply 196January 21, 2023 10:06 PM

More pictures of H&M peaking out of side curtains?

by Anonymousreply 197January 21, 2023 10:37 PM

r190, maybe it was a BOGO promotion?

by Anonymousreply 198January 21, 2023 10:52 PM

They're saying the same things about Lady C's videos and other Harry things on Tattle, r195, at almost exactly the same time as they're being posted about here.

by Anonymousreply 199January 22, 2023 12:04 AM

Thanks, R199, for answering.

by Anonymousreply 200January 22, 2023 2:21 AM

Her chest is nothing special

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201January 22, 2023 2:36 AM

I've just spent the day with someone who believes the Harkles at their word. Not a frau, either. Dimbo must be getting good press somewhere that people think well of him, even though my friend admitted he's not very smart. They just think he's not being advised well and looked after as he was by palace staffers.

by Anonymousreply 202January 22, 2023 7:16 AM

So, r202, even this person who believes Dimbo's stories about nasty palace staffers acknowledges that palace staffers were advising him well and looking after him.

by Anonymousreply 203January 22, 2023 8:04 AM

Yep, good point, r203. We both come from a mixed race background and while they became partial to the Harkles during the engagement period, I was put off by the rescue dog being abandoned after years of MM dining out on the story that "Ellen told me to get that dog".

Anyway this person also thinks a superstar acting career is MM's for the taking. I brought up a few of the contradictions between different things Harry has said and that's when they admitted he wasn't very smart AND stated he probably wasn't being looked after. They also admitted that the UK press hadn't been that bad to the Harkles and it was very bad form for Harry to complain about Nott Cott, Frogmore Cottage, etc. But they like Dimbo and MM, wish the best for them, etc.

Some people just swallow the victim narrative whole. I guess they're very trusting. I can't believe they sat through six hours of Netflix whingeing. Maybe they were doing something else at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 204January 22, 2023 8:43 AM

I think Harry is playing the Vulnerable Narcissist (there is such a thing. I recently discovered it in trying to figure out why a family member has always driven me nutz) to cover their shared narcissistic sociopathy.

by Anonymousreply 205January 22, 2023 12:41 PM

For all dimbo's complaints about the palace leaking against the Harkles, look who's leaking now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206January 22, 2023 10:44 PM

Has The Duchess of Sussex made a much needed appearance at Monterey Park? Her solace, grace, words of wisdom and 25 cent bags of Doritos are much needed at this difficult time!

by Anonymousreply 207January 22, 2023 10:56 PM

I don't think she cares for dead Asian people. Or Asian people in general.

by Anonymousreply 208January 23, 2023 12:22 AM

Or people in general. Unless it's Meghan herself.

by Anonymousreply 209January 23, 2023 1:59 AM

R208, she went to an Asian spa once and had some delicious Asian food! She's down with the Asians!

by Anonymousreply 210January 23, 2023 5:03 AM

R206, that would mean that Harry has told Gayle that his father and brother are angry with him because of the book and this makes the reconciliation he apparently told Gayle he wants impossible right now. In other words, if he really told Gayle this then he realises on some level that he fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 211January 23, 2023 10:08 AM

Good points r211 but he's also playing the trick of leaking which he's so often accused them of playing. Damn HardCashians can't NOT be hypocritical.

by Anonymousreply 212January 23, 2023 10:39 AM

CBS is sucking up to Harry because they want him as a correspondent for the coronation. Maybe why Colbert was so weak with him?

by Anonymousreply 213January 23, 2023 3:34 PM

R213, CBS could get Fergie for a lot less money.

by Anonymousreply 214January 23, 2023 3:46 PM

I was surprised to see Fergie spoke at Lisa Marie's funeral. Fergie must show up for the opening of an envelope.

by Anonymousreply 215January 23, 2023 4:02 PM

She recycled the Queen's "grief is the price we pay for love" line.

I doubt it had the same gravitas. Apparently she and Lisa Marie were friends for a long time. Weather hot messes flock together?

by Anonymousreply 216January 23, 2023 4:31 PM

Fergie and Lisa Marie were long-time friends?

Fergie exists on the edge of sanity. A good mate for Andrew. Will they continue to grow old disgracefully?

Harry is the best thing that ever happened to them.

by Anonymousreply 217January 23, 2023 5:10 PM

"The duchess and Presley are said to have spoken regularly and supported each other, including after the scandal over Prince Andrew’s relationship with Jeffrey Epstein, the convicted paedophile, and allegations of child abuse against Michael Jackson, to whom Presley was married between 1994 and 1996. Presley’s eldest daughter is said to be close to the duchess’s daughters, Beatrice and Eugenie."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218January 23, 2023 5:14 PM

At least one member(ish) of the royal family has respect for Graceland.

by Anonymousreply 219January 23, 2023 5:49 PM

Harry, alienating the entire world, one cohort at a time.

by Anonymousreply 220January 23, 2023 6:27 PM

Harry providing commentary for the coronation sounds like a comedy sketch waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 221January 23, 2023 6:27 PM

Just so tired of them both. He is beyond dim, still stuck in his childhood issues, unrealistic about the royals system. They will go forward and leave him far behind. You saw how that all worked out for Bertie and Wallis. OK, you left. so stay gone. Make a new life that doesn't involve rehashing everything.

I don't doubt he was mistreated, and that there was racism directed at Meghan. For godsakes, both of them had to know what they were getting into. I think Mehgan planned to swan in, be the beloved new people's princess, take center stage going Diana much better because of woke politics and social media. She was smart enough to see that she could not succeed and maneuvered their exit.

Predict that marriage will flounder in a few years. She will go on, claiming that the stress of it all ruined her marriage. Cleverer than he, she will be fine. God knows what will become of him. No real skills or ability to forge a career. Likely he will be kept on some kind of retainer by the Royal Family, contingent upon keeping his mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 222January 23, 2023 6:45 PM

She will not be fine. She will have to manage her settlement very carefully. She has shown everyone who she is. There won't be another second chance with anybody she'd want a second chance from. He'll be shipped off to Africa to conserve wildlife.

by Anonymousreply 223January 23, 2023 7:19 PM

r213, he interviewed Harry as he would have interviewed Princess Margaret Rose, as like a celebrity not a politician.

Ya daft.

by Anonymousreply 224January 23, 2023 7:20 PM

R223, she won't manage her settlement from the divorce very carefully, she'll probably "invest it in her future" like she apparently did with her "Suits" money - spent it on the travel and clothes necessary for social climbing rather than buying a house.

Which will be 100% bad investments, she won't accept that the public dislikes, her and rich men who want a wife don't want a forty-something beyotch with two kids and looks that are past their prime. They want someone discrete, infinitely obliging, and especially someone who'll fit into their pre-existing social, business, and family lives. And face it, Meg has proven that she completely lacks the qualities that filthy rich straight men look for in a wife.

by Anonymousreply 225January 23, 2023 8:31 PM

Where will she have left to climb? Who doesn't know about her? Who would want her? Climb down, more like.

by Anonymousreply 226January 23, 2023 8:50 PM

I think she'll be fine. She'll always find somebody else to blame for her troubles. As always, I just worry for the children, who she'll abuse when they're old enough to give her ego supply or sadistic delight in abusing. I wish they could get away. Maybe she'll be bored of them and just ignore them. There's always that hope.

by Anonymousreply 227January 23, 2023 11:13 PM

Freed of her influence, out of the two of them, I think he'd actually be the better parent.

by Anonymousreply 228January 24, 2023 12:20 AM

Wouldn't it be something if both H and M were declared unfit parents at some point and the children were sent to live with the closest living relatives of the same generation - The Prince and Princess of Wales! Lord have mercy, the internet would melt down. Yes I realise this would never happen.

by Anonymousreply 229January 24, 2023 7:28 AM

The Telegraph had a story a couple days ago (maybe old news but:)

"Sources suggest that media-savvy Meghan was slightly more circumspect about the concept of a memoir and may have raised gentle concerns about whether it was the right move. No stranger to taking on her enemies, she is understood to have been more wary than the Duke about this particular project."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230January 24, 2023 12:15 PM

Princess Eugenie is expecting her second child:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231January 24, 2023 12:21 PM

R230, that woman is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 232January 24, 2023 2:59 PM

I knew Huge looked pregnant huge at the Queen's funeral. Or was it the Christmas concert? Anyway, huger than normal.

by Anonymousreply 233January 24, 2023 4:15 PM

I don't think Jack's nan likes him very much to talk to the tabloids about him like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 24, 2023 10:39 PM

Go Granny!

by Anonymousreply 235January 24, 2023 10:54 PM

Still makes me laugh thinking of Jack with the topless women in the boat. Then when he sat next to Harry and the Jubilee how his face got bright red. What a doofus.

by Anonymousreply 236January 24, 2023 10:56 PM

I mean, he did marry Hugenie so, obviously there's brighter on the planet. He must have done a (simple) calculation and figured I could marry a lard assed nobody or marry this one and get some free stuff. So he's not quite as thick as granny says.

by Anonymousreply 237January 24, 2023 11:00 PM

"...she [Meg] is understood to have been more wary than the Duke about this particular project.""

OMG OMG she's already distancing herself from Harry's book!

It's official, the reception has been SO disastrous, that even Meg has realized there's a problem!!!

by Anonymousreply 238January 24, 2023 11:01 PM

Maybe he was set up.

by Anonymousreply 239January 24, 2023 11:02 PM

Is Valentine Low's book 'Courtiers' s being released today where Palace Courtiers describe dealing dealing with Harry and Meghan to be like dealing with Teenagers?

by Anonymousreply 240January 24, 2023 11:22 PM

Jack's nana is clearly a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 241January 24, 2023 11:30 PM

as below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242January 24, 2023 11:39 PM

Bloody hell. Because of the frozen penis jokes and the Courtiers book she'll have to broadcast another six hours of tone deaf whining and blather to "re-frame" her image. Will the Uvalde trip be featuring?

by Anonymousreply 243January 25, 2023 2:10 AM

Didn't Courtiers come out a few months ago?

by Anonymousreply 244January 25, 2023 5:16 AM

He wasn't with any topless women, r236 and the women were colleagues doing a promotion.

by Anonymousreply 245January 25, 2023 9:43 AM

She loves him, r234, embarrassing your kids or grandkids by talking about them as if they're still little children is typical affection.

by Anonymousreply 246January 25, 2023 9:44 AM

I ordered Courtiers a couple months ago from Amazon uk. It was a good book in some respects but, honestly, they serialize the fuck out of this stuff so there's not a lot of point in actually buying the thing. Check The Times archive for the articles and you've basically got all the good stuff. Still, it was a reasonably interesting book, especially about courtiers in the 30s and 40s. Tommy Lascelles was not nearly the panto villain he was made out to be in The Crown (though he was no cuddly lamb, either.) The funny thing about The Crown is that they could have actually produced a superior drama had that just stuck closer to the facts, all which are interesting and often compelling dilemmas in their own right. But I guess if you ham it up or Housewives it up it creates more opportunities for viewing by stupid people.

The Giles Brandreth book feels rushed and thrown together but it's got lots of fascinating little morsels throughout and I enjoyed it, but it didn't feel particularly well written - but rushed. Still, you can't doubt he knew what he was talking about.

by Anonymousreply 247January 25, 2023 1:08 PM

Architecturally, there are three balconies at Buckingham Palace: the centre balcony, which they use and two at either end of the East Front, which faces the Mall. They should put the lessers on the other two. Which would drive her crazier: being kept out or being put aside?

(I've never got the big deal about the whole family on the balcony on big occasions. It's fun to guess who's who and see how badly they're aging. Coronation day is a once in a lifetime day, Trooping of the Colour is a birthday celebration... trot 'em out, let's have a look.)

by Anonymousreply 248January 25, 2023 4:03 PM

I agree, R246. When you read her remarks in context, it's clear that she was conveying that it was a delightful surprise that one of her grandchildren married into the royal family. It was a humble way of saying "We're just plain folks, including our little Jack, bless 'im."

by Anonymousreply 249January 25, 2023 4:59 PM

These threads have been dead lately but there is some new stuff to gossip about. The NY Times ran an opinion piece defending Harry and Meghan, the same day Carolyn Hax ,advice columnist for the Washington Post, ran a piece on Harry and William, the day before the director of the Netflix "documentary said the BRF lied about her attempts to verify truth. Sounds like a concerted PR push after about a week of nothing. These two really need to be in the news,. Off the top ofmy head, only the Kardashians seem to be this thirsty,

by Anonymousreply 250January 26, 2023 7:18 PM

From Popbitch today:

[quote]As David Attenborough begins to wind his work down at the ripe old age of 96, his team has been spending some time sounding out possible successors to continue his TV work and keep his various nature doc franchises alive.

[quote]But who has the right combination of fame, public standing and environmental chops to assume the legendary Attenborough mantle? One person we hear was initially considered to take over was Prince Harry, but discussions fizzled out when Team Sussex began asking questions about how both halves of the happy couple could be best utilised on-screen.

by Anonymousreply 251January 26, 2023 7:42 PM

^ No one wants these two whores to take over for Sir David.

by Anonymousreply 252January 26, 2023 7:44 PM

David Attenborough is a subject matter expect. Harry is no more a natural successor for that than he was for second line. Unless they're intending to shift focus to rescue chickens and hen pecking,

by Anonymousreply 253January 26, 2023 7:45 PM

This is why the harridan allowing Haz his time alone in the post-book limelight is extremely suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 254January 26, 2023 7:54 PM

British rower Alex Gregory would be an excellent replacement for Sir David. I have completed a few of his explorer fitness series on iFit and his narration skills along with his passion and knowledge of nature really impressed me. This isn't really the thread to discuss this though. Carry on with the utterly ridiculous notion of the Sussexes filling even 1% of Sir David's shoes.

by Anonymousreply 255January 26, 2023 8:24 PM

R254, or glaringly obvious. ;)

by Anonymousreply 256January 26, 2023 8:37 PM

The Klan Grannies went for dialysis is my explanation for a quiet thread.

by Anonymousreply 257January 26, 2023 9:59 PM

Is DL permanently on primetme?

by Anonymousreply 258January 26, 2023 10:44 PM

Or maybe everybody has you on ignore, R257, as I do now. You rickets riddled waste of skin.

by Anonymousreply 259January 27, 2023 2:26 AM

It does feel like permanent primetime.

by Anonymousreply 260January 27, 2023 4:30 AM

Maybe Julian Sands would've been a good stand-in for David Attenborough, now that we know what an avid outdoorsman he was.

As for the Sussexes, if they're looking for nature narration that sounds like E! channel news, Meghan's their girl: pool party anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261January 27, 2023 5:02 AM

Wow, she's atrocious at r261. I wonder how many Disney underlings she bullied and treated like shit while she put on that syrupy voice? Was it Reitmans campaign 2.0?

by Anonymousreply 262January 27, 2023 5:09 AM

An interesting voice Sparkles does not possess.

by Anonymousreply 263January 27, 2023 12:58 PM

"I wasn't just thrown to the wolves, I was fed to the wolves."

- Harry's wife narrating her nature experience.

by Anonymousreply 264January 27, 2023 4:08 PM

Since I'm a dues paying member, I don't notice when it's primetime. It's been quiet here but there's isn't much news coming from H&M. The discussion has been better lately, less wild conspiracies about nonexistent kids, surrogates and less of the klan granny troll.

by Anonymousreply 265January 27, 2023 7:52 PM

R264, her inarticulateness is mesmerizing; she really thinks she’s making a point here. What does she think happens when you are “thrown to the wolves”? Do they bat you around, maybe rough you up a bit? No, they eat you, that’s what the expression means.

by Anonymousreply 266January 27, 2023 8:28 PM

It's so ridiculous for her to say that the Palace "fed her to the wolves", as time has shown that the Palace actually protected her from bad press. Her and Harry's popularity has tanked since they left royalty and the shelter of the Palace press office, their positive numbers are in the toilet, mainstream pundits are writing anti-Harkle editorials, and bitches like us are making a hobby of bashing them. That wasn't happening when the Palace was on the job, or hardly any was, but that wasn't good enough for our Meg! No, the Palace press office didn't make protecting her image their #1 priority, and they didn't do it the way she wanted - what could be worse!

Seriously, both she and Harry are the ultimate Millenials or Zoomers, people who grew up being spoiled rotten by people who gave all they had to give. But instead of being grateful, they're furiously angry that they weren't given *more*.

by Anonymousreply 267January 27, 2023 9:23 PM

She's Gen X, R267.

by Anonymousreply 268January 27, 2023 9:36 PM

What's interesting in her Disney voice over is that she seems to talk in a lower register. The spanish commenters love her.

by Anonymousreply 269January 27, 2023 9:45 PM

Please, everybody LET'S NOT start an argument about who is Gen X, a Millennial, or a Zoomer!

Let it drop, for once in you lives!!!

by Anonymousreply 270January 27, 2023 10:01 PM

It's been quiet all across the board. Same threads, few comments. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 271January 27, 2023 10:10 PM

She's deplorable in any demographic.

by Anonymousreply 272January 27, 2023 11:06 PM

r268 actually Gen X ends at 1980, she just made it to being a Millennial as she was born in 1981.

I pay dues here but I kind of got sick of them after Harry's book excerpts were everywhere so haven't been posting as much. But knowing them they will be up to something else soon.

by Anonymousreply 273January 27, 2023 11:07 PM

No she's not r268. She's a Millennial.

by Anonymousreply 274January 27, 2023 11:41 PM

True Gen X ends in 1978. They later extended it, but they shouldn't have. Gen Y originally began in 1978 before all this millennial nonsense started.

by Anonymousreply 275January 27, 2023 11:43 PM

There are just fewer posts because the book frenzy has died down now. They are boring again until the next drama. I do wonder if, once people have completely lost interest in him, Harry will drink himself to death.

by Anonymousreply 276January 28, 2023 3:29 AM

" Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex is a husband, father, humanitarian, military veteran, mental wellness advocate, and environmentalist."

Actually a sub, breeder, elitist, mindless killer [remember the references to chess pieces and video games, anyone?], untreated mental illness sufferer and frequent user of private jets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277January 28, 2023 4:18 AM

I guess there will be another flurry of Sussex drama up through the Coronation. Once that is over , King Charles III and Queen Camilla will be doing a lot of state visits, etc. and there will not be many major family/Royal events that could involve speculation that Sussexes should/shouldn’t attend . Great!

by Anonymousreply 278January 28, 2023 4:55 AM

Key new firings and hirings at Archewell (Variety is the source of some of the news)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279January 28, 2023 4:58 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280January 28, 2023 8:16 AM

Megs was ready to latch onto any semi-famous British guy, she hit the goldmine with dimwit Harry. Great article at r280

by Anonymousreply 281January 29, 2023 12:32 AM

[quote]She was at it again, riding the publicity carousel in London for all she was worth. First she was pictured at a red-carpet event on the arm of an eligible male model – an old PR ruse designed to set tongues wagging. She reportedly asked TV personality and former WAG Lizzie Cundy: ‘Do you know any famous guys? I’m single and I really love English men.’

by Anonymousreply 282January 29, 2023 2:06 AM

She's so trashy and he's such an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 283January 29, 2023 2:55 AM

She really is trashy, and incredibly self-involved to boot. It's a wonder that anyone buys her feminist compassion crusader persona at all.

by Anonymousreply 284January 29, 2023 4:40 AM

According to the Daily Beast, The Archbishop of Canterbury is supposedly brokering a deal between William and Harry for the Harkles to attend the Coronation. Truth, or more manifestation from Montecito?

by Anonymousreply 285January 29, 2023 4:16 PM

Why can't they keep staff? Bullying has been raised in the past but I wonder if they have financial problems giving how extravagantly they live.

by Anonymousreply 286January 29, 2023 4:36 PM

R285, that’s a very bizarre story. If Harry’s worried about being stripped of his titles, he needs to communicate with the government; William and Charles can’t do anything about it. The whole thing sounds like fanfic, although at this point it’s hard to tell what’s possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287January 29, 2023 5:01 PM

Indeed. I can't imagine the Archbishop wants anything to do with the Harkles after that whole "we got married in the garden by the Archbishop" whopper that Megsie spewed out to Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 288January 29, 2023 5:29 PM

It's mind boggling this marriage was ever allowed. They had to know all this ahead of time. What kind of people was Harry hanging out with that he met such an utter piece of trash?

by Anonymousreply 289January 29, 2023 6:22 PM

The CoE clergy are all castrated, woke cucks.

by Anonymousreply 290January 29, 2023 6:30 PM

They really are r290

by Anonymousreply 291January 29, 2023 11:26 PM

"It's mind boggling this marriage was ever allowed. They had to know all this ahead of time. "

In this day and age, there's no way that anyone in royal circles would ever publicly forbid a marriage, it would just look too bad. Some matches are no doubt privately discouraged, but when you're dealing with an idiot like Harry it's possible than no amount of sensible discouragement would stop him. So really, if a minor royal won't listen to reason, all there is to be done is to throw a big wedding bash and lock up the family silver, so to speak, and that's what was done.

Now if William was the pathologically stupid and needy one, then there would be a problem! But well, a popular spare who won't listen to reason can always be made less popular, as has also been done.

by Anonymousreply 292January 30, 2023 12:17 AM

Harry and Meghan would be crying "RACISTS!" to the high heavens if their marriage was forbidden. Harry is a loose cannon, a bit of a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 293January 30, 2023 12:39 AM

Wasn't William's advice to Harry to take some time and really get to know Meghan what kickstarted the whole rift between the brothers?

by Anonymousreply 294January 30, 2023 2:12 AM

Meghan had Harry believing she had men lined up to date her so Harry wanted to lock her down ASAP. She played him like a fiddle.

by Anonymousreply 295January 30, 2023 2:13 AM

I'm sure Harry had women throwing themselves at him for years. How is it that he's so incredibly dumb and fell for Meghan's grift?

by Anonymousreply 296January 30, 2023 2:19 AM

None of them played the Diana card quite so expertly

by Anonymousreply 297January 30, 2023 2:22 AM

He used to have a picture of Halle Berry in his dorm room. Meghan was the magical biracial woman.

by Anonymousreply 298January 30, 2023 2:23 AM

So bad at lying even Newsweek changed sides...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299January 30, 2023 6:57 AM

The hypocrisy of frostbitten firecrotch's famewhoring.

No wonder he hates the press. They've had the measure of him for a while now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300January 30, 2023 7:00 AM

Good god, he's ugly

by Anonymousreply 301January 30, 2023 11:34 AM

Surprised Meghan hasn’t had his teeth capped and a hair transplant

by Anonymousreply 302January 30, 2023 12:19 PM

I think he did do the teeth. Nothing helps an ugly soul.

by Anonymousreply 303January 30, 2023 12:36 PM

Behold peasants! We do good work for you! "Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Archewell Foundation delivered a stunning rebuff to their critics Monday by announcing it had raised $13 million and distributed $3 million to good causes. In an “impact report,” Archewell said the projects it had donated to included a play park in Uvalde, Texas. Meghan visited the town after the horrific school shooting there. Archewell said it also helped procure 12.6 million COVID vaccines in partnership with Global Citizen, helped rescue over 7,400 people from Afghanistan in partnership with Human First Coalition and provided 50,000 meals through a partnership with World Central Kitchen."

by Anonymousreply 304January 30, 2023 6:38 PM

Receipts, Meghan? Yeah, we thought not.

by Anonymousreply 305January 30, 2023 6:56 PM

Audited financial statements please and thank you.

by Anonymousreply 306January 30, 2023 7:15 PM

Certificate of completion of the play park as well.

by Anonymousreply 307January 30, 2023 7:17 PM

Yeah, they "partnered" with agencies who actually did all the fundraising, publicity and work. H & M made the effort to put the information on their website.

I definitely would like to see the financials. What was published last year is very much lower than these claims. Raising 13 million and distributing 3 million sounds pretty poor for their philanthropic effort.

by Anonymousreply 308January 30, 2023 8:15 PM

Archewell doesn't yet have a rating at Charity Navigator, but if they really only used $3 million out of $13 million for their causes, I don't think it'd be very good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309January 30, 2023 10:01 PM

He met her as an escort r295. The only men lined up were clients.

by Anonymousreply 310January 30, 2023 10:13 PM

"Archewell doesn't yet have a rating at Charity Navigator, but if they really only used $3 million out of $13 million for their causes, I don't think it'd be very good."

And seeing as at least a bit of the $10 mil that isn't accounted for had to go for Archewell expenses, that hardly left them anything to spend on their lifestyle!

Well, hardly anything by royal standards.

by Anonymousreply 311January 30, 2023 10:16 PM

She is too r301. In that, they are evenly matched.

by Anonymousreply 312January 30, 2023 10:19 PM

What’s interesting is that they raised 13 million but only doled out three.

by Anonymousreply 313January 30, 2023 10:34 PM

Did they really give away 3M or was most of it sucked up into expenses like private jet flights to Invictus, Uvalde, etc?

They probably consider Markle's famewhoring trip to Uvalde as being philanthropic "work".

by Anonymousreply 314January 30, 2023 11:02 PM

They pass along money they get from others claiming it is "their donations" and then skim some off the top.

by Anonymousreply 315January 31, 2023 1:37 AM

Regarding the thought that Harry would have had women throwing themselves at him, that's not really the case. One of the books or articles about them had him bemoaning that he couldn't find a woman. Women didn't rate him very highly as husband material (as opposed to a party guy), and I'm sure that only got worse once word of mouth got around about what he was really like. Was it Chelsy or Cressida who recently talked about how cheap and unstable he was--e.g., making her pay her own way to a destination wedding and being insecure, needy, and rageful.

by Anonymousreply 316January 31, 2023 1:46 AM

Can't stand Markle but she really is tethered to an absolute loser who can only trade on his title and talking shit about his family. You know that saying about how people who marry for money end up earning every cent? Wow, is she earning it, putting up with him. He also has to put up with her but he knows nobody else will have him. Even her rescue dog, Bogart, didn't like him and had to be rehomed. Smart dog.

Even the Guardian called him out:

"You can’t complain about an antiquated institution while insisting that people call you duke. Well, I mean, technically you can. Technically that’s exactly what Harry and Meghan are doing. But it makes you look just a little bit like a hypocrite. It makes it seem like the only real problem you have with hereditary privilege is that you didn’t get as much as you’d have liked."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 31, 2023 5:03 AM

What's the business model of their foundation? Do they really solicit donations? Why would anyone donate to a middle man?

I thought they funneled their own cash from their commercial endeavors through the foundation, often "partnering" with other orgs that have a profile/expertise, while they provide some PR/cash.

by Anonymousreply 318January 31, 2023 5:15 AM

She's not the first person to marry someone just to get a title. And even if they divorce, she has that stupid title, permanently, and can act like she's superior to untitled people for the rest of her grotesque life.

Though she may have to be Meghan, The Princess Henry, I think someone told me, and couldn't be Duchess anymore. But how many people in America know that (if it's true.). So that bitch is now "nobility" (or close enough).

God how I hate monarchies.

by Anonymousreply 319January 31, 2023 5:38 AM

They cling to the titles but talk about equality. I remember him saying something about helping his kids grow up in a more equal world. A duke. Equal. It doesn't compute to me but even direct quotes from them, videos of them speaking and things they write themselves make no sense to me. He can't completely blame the press for making him look bad, he does a great job on his own, as does Markle.

I only wonder that they aren't criticised in a harsher manner than they have been to date. Journalists could really lay into them, there's enough material there. He should have been cancelled for how he wrote about the Ludgrove matron named Pat, yet only about two journalists reported on it. They're morally bankrupt hypocrites. I hope Bower comes up with more dirt.

by Anonymousreply 320January 31, 2023 7:13 AM

I'm pretty sure that's not true r319.

by Anonymousreply 321January 31, 2023 8:03 AM

If they divorce, she will be Meghan , Duchess of Sussex.

by Anonymousreply 322January 31, 2023 8:05 AM

If they divorce, she will spend the rest of her life calling herself either Princess Meghan, or the Duchess of Sussex.

She isn't going to follow no damn College of Heralds rules, she's going to call herself whateverthefuck she likes!

by Anonymousreply 323January 31, 2023 8:21 AM

I'm not sure why I give a damn, but it irks me. She does not deserve it, but I think it will give her some cachet among certain people. Hope I'm wrong and she shits in her nest often enough that it doesn't matter or even becomes a joke.

I probably hate him more, which is a reversal, when I considered him a poor sod victim to a conniving bitch. He's an arsewipe.

And hating both of them so much, makes me hate the royal family (and idea of royalty) even more. Undeserved accolades just fucking SUCK.

by Anonymousreply 324January 31, 2023 8:36 AM

The BRF *might* have an out when it comes to her retaining her title after divorce. I suppose they could say that US citizens cannot hold titles, therefore when she divorces she reverts back to Meghan Markle, Duchess in her own mind. I was thinking through how Diana and Fergie kept some semblance of their titles, but they were British. I don't know. I know the titles troll will come in here and blow up my theory, but I do think it's a possible escape route for the BRF. "Here's your money and your iron clad NDA. In return we'll take the title. Thanks. Bye."

by Anonymousreply 325January 31, 2023 11:39 AM

Why can’t U.S. citizens hold titles?

by Anonymousreply 326January 31, 2023 11:43 AM

If US laws on titles had any jurisdiction on the BRF issuing titles, r325, then Meghan would never have been given a title in the first place. In any case, US citizens can hold titles.

by Anonymousreply 327January 31, 2023 12:18 PM

Harry is a mess, but it's not like Meghan, especially at her age, was going to score a bigger mark than Prince DumDum. Who, exactly, was beating down her door? I think one of the reasons she was so anxious to snag someone from overseas was that she had already burned bridges right and left in North America.

by Anonymousreply 328January 31, 2023 2:18 PM

Yes, and Rita Jenrette wouldn't be an Italian prin-CESS, R327!

by Anonymousreply 329January 31, 2023 5:19 PM

Americans can hold titles except if they also hold some kind of government office (e.g., Pres, Senator, etc.). So if she plans to run for office, she will need to give up her title if she wins.

by Anonymousreply 330January 31, 2023 5:56 PM

I think titles that are already held are fine, r330. What's banned is receiving titles from abroad while a government official, unless Congress votes in favour of an individual receiving a title.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331January 31, 2023 6:08 PM

R328 It's possible. But narcissists never learn. And they bore easily and are very restless. If she has a title without him, what does she (in her mind, anyway) think she really needs him for, anyway. New and exciting targets may come in range.

by Anonymousreply 332January 31, 2023 6:23 PM

Any value the titles hold will fade soon. They mean nothing here. Social climbers don't need 2 randos with titles who are not even talking to the people in the institution that gave them the titles. The whole point of social climbing is getting to the head of the institution. Clearly Harry and Meghan do not have that leverage anymore.

by Anonymousreply 333January 31, 2023 6:35 PM

r325, I believe - as others have stated upthread - that she can hold a title as an American. It's whether or not KCIII can decide to delete the courtesy title, "Meghan, Duchess of Sussex" from her usage, post-divorce. That is the traditional styling of a divorced Duchess.

As Fount of all Honour in the UK the monarch as wide control over HRH honorifics and their usage, and the prince/princess stylings. They may be able to yank the courtesy title here as well, am uncertain...either way, KCIII won't do it even if able to do so, he knows it would create a personal hornets nest. King William? that's another story though.

by Anonymousreply 334January 31, 2023 7:15 PM

Wouldn't she lose her title if she remarries?

As to why she was chasing British men, agree with r328 that she'd blown it in the US. Would love to know the details regarding that. It must have been pretty dire for her there for her to look across the Atlantic.

Bower uncovered lots of shitty behaviour (Reitmans shoot, serial ghosting) but it was probably her desperation which scared off anyone in the US. Her behaviour in the UK was desperate: getting her PR agent to pursue all the tabloid showbiz editors relentlessly, reaching out to Piers Morgan and probably countless others, asking Lizzie Cundy to find her a man.

She was on a mission and then a British prince happened to see her on instagram? Horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 335January 31, 2023 9:20 PM

[quote]Wouldn't she lose her title if she remarries?

NO!!

by Anonymousreply 336January 31, 2023 11:58 PM

I saw a clip yesterday on twitter or somewhere. It was an old clip of Wendy Williams talking on her show about MM and how MM contacted WW's staff to say she'd like to join the show as a fashion consultant. By the time WW's staff was able to talk to MM, she was engaged to Harry and not offering up her expertise as a fashion consultant any longer. I mean.... in addition to the other desperate moves listed in R335, this WW story really takes the cake. She was definitely desperate.

She's like the dog who caught the car and doesn't know what to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 337February 1, 2023 12:27 PM

I presume her segment would have been "What not to wear? Look at me!"

by Anonymousreply 338February 1, 2023 2:28 PM

What the heck, R337? She was all over the map, flailing at anything that would get her attention and money. Marry a famous Englishman, become a fashion consultant on a talk show, become a feminist world leader by inserting herself into conferences as a speaker, writing an article about a trip to Malta, chasing after American and British publicists.... What a piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 339February 1, 2023 6:16 PM

She's a desperado. The epitome of desperate.

by Anonymousreply 340February 1, 2023 9:35 PM

"She was all over the map, flailing at anything that would get her attention and money."

Nothing wrong with that, there is nothing wrong with being ambitious or for hustling for work. Particularly at a time when you're lost your day job, you're engaged to someone totally off your social scale, and his family is undoubtedly doing everything in their power to keep the wedding from happening.

by Anonymousreply 341February 1, 2023 9:56 PM

R351, she was busting out all the desperado actions whilst still working on Suits (she pulled a lot of the British moves when on summer hiatus), dating Corey and BEFORE she met Harry.

She was determined to get in the UK tabloids, went out of her way to befriend Piers Morgan (her first instagram message to him was with a BrendaD Ickson style, "well hello there", hilariously enough) and furiously networking to meet a British man. Only when with Harry did she suddenly become demure and naive about UK tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 342February 1, 2023 10:03 PM

Um, I've been here from the beginning sweetie. From day one. R342. You are pointing out the obvious to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 343February 1, 2023 11:16 PM

R343, if you're r341, who I meant to respond to, I cannot help you, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 344February 2, 2023 7:11 AM

Let us reminisce of Harry's wife's coat flicking days. It seems so long ago and a more innocent time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345February 2, 2023 12:46 PM

The cost flicking is so strange because you’d think her instinct would be the opposite— pull the coat closed to protect the womb area.

by Anonymousreply 346February 2, 2023 2:02 PM

From Popbitch today: [quote]If you thought Prince Harry's recent US media tour brought shame upon himself, his family, the institution of the monarchy and Britain at large, then you'll maybe take comfort in knowing that it was nearly much, much worse.

[quote]Harry was in talks to host Saturday Night Live last month – and things got a lot closer to air than you might expect.

by Anonymousreply 347February 2, 2023 7:47 PM

Damn r347 I would have tuned in to see that mess.

by Anonymousreply 348February 3, 2023 2:19 AM

You know, I think Harry was so used to people protecting him from himself when he was in the RF, that he didn't (and still doesn't) acknowledge that it was done.

But now, with that network of protection gone and shattered, is there anyone who really has his best interests at heart?

There was no one to stop him from that stunningly short sighted Taliban reference in the book. No one (or at least no one he trusted) who saw the danger to that and urged him to not go there.

It seemed to me that in the interview with the Managing Director (?) of the publishing company that after his chortling about the book sales, there was hesitancy when he spoke of a second book and added that he hoped the current book would bring Harry "peace". As if this man knew that the author(?) was deeply troubled.

But who else is there around him that truly has his best interests in mind?

SNL? Really?

by Anonymousreply 349February 3, 2023 3:44 AM

Harry had been reprimanded before for 'bragging' about how many people he thought he'd killed (or been part of a flight that killed people, I guess, dropping bombs?)

So did he not understand why he was reprimanded? Did he think he knew better than his commanding officers? Or was he pissed that they had the gall to tell him not to do it, so he did it out of spite to get back at them?

He's like a goddamned juvenile delinquent, which makes sense, with the stories of beating up hookers - and attacking his bodyguard? something like that.

Finding out what he (and Andrew) are like, as people, makes me detest the entire royal family. What a bunch of losers. I never really liked or disliked the queen, but now, when I think of her, I just feel disgusted. Charles was such a prisspot - Andrew with the teddy bears... The only one who seems at all likeable is Anne (but I don't know much about her). Oh and Kate seems fine but maybe a bit neurotic - I feel sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 350February 3, 2023 3:51 AM

Meghan must have been in her glory. Ugh of course they are "friends" with nasty Ellen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351February 3, 2023 4:04 AM

Thinking of Ellen making a fool of Meghan on her show - squatting and eating like a chipmunk? - I wonder if Ellen just wants some attention for her stupid party so why not invite the latest social pariahs along.

by Anonymousreply 352February 3, 2023 4:09 AM

Officiated by Kris Jenner, how gauche. Sounds like a gathering of mean girls - Katy Perry, Goop, Aniston, Cox

by Anonymousreply 353February 3, 2023 4:14 AM

I noticed also on SNL that Brandi Carlisle sings too loud sometimes (that was her singing to Ellen and Portia)

by Anonymousreply 354February 3, 2023 4:18 AM

r352 According to the article Portia organised it and surprised Ellen?

by Anonymousreply 355February 3, 2023 4:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356February 3, 2023 4:31 AM

OMG R355. If true, I'm really shocked.

If my partner threw a "surprise" vow renewal and dressed to look like a million dollars - and I didn't have a chance to at least spruce up a little - with a celeb filled audience, I'd call that grounds for divorce.

by Anonymousreply 357February 3, 2023 4:34 AM

Imagine if Portia publicly pulled the vow renewal thing and Ellen had been on the verge of dumping her? Or just thought their marriage was meh. A vow renewal is generally planned by both partners?

by Anonymousreply 358February 3, 2023 8:09 AM

"Surprise vow renewal"= OMG please please please don't dump me.

by Anonymousreply 359February 3, 2023 8:59 AM

I agree with you, R350. The Andrew interview was shocking in his sense of entitlement, being a complete twat and having absolutely no insight into his behavior during the interview and how it would be perceived. Harry has shown the same complete lack of insight and judgement. He really thought it was completely OK to lie about and trash his family to millions of people for some money, he really thought it was OK to relate how he tease and denigrate a disabled teacher, he really thought it was OK to admit killing 25 people without a hint of remorse.

Both of them have clearly grown up in an environment in which there were no boundaries, no repercussions, no negative feedback to teach them limits, boundaries, basic human decency, and acceptable human behaviors. This is what allows Harry to act with outrageous hypocrisy without an ounce of insight or self-regulation. Ever since leaving the RF, I think everyone he has dealt with, including his own family, has taken the "let the pompous asshole hang himself" course of inaction.

by Anonymousreply 360February 3, 2023 12:17 PM

"By the way. I know who the woman he lost his virginity to is. And it wasn't behind a pub. And it wasn't in this country," Rupert, who partook in the interview on January 10 — the same day Harry's book was released — made clear. "I'm just putting it out there that I know."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361February 4, 2023 4:02 AM

Well, fucking tell us then Rupert. Were you there?

by Anonymousreply 362February 4, 2023 6:46 AM

...'and it wasn't even a woman.'

Hahahahahaha...

by Anonymousreply 363February 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Sounds like the virginity taker was a friend of Rupert's.

Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 364February 4, 2023 9:03 AM

If Charles invites Harry and his wife to the coronation, many current supporters will turn against the monarchy. Clearly "royalty" means nothing. They are titles behind which the most despicable people are permitted to operate in the the most despicable ways. One would think "royalty" would have high expectations and standards for behavior, not a pass for the worst of human behavior.

by Anonymousreply 365February 4, 2023 11:07 AM

It’s one thing to be invited, but then it’s how they’re treated as far as seating, inclusion, etc.

by Anonymousreply 366February 4, 2023 11:56 AM

It's like inviting someone to a destination wedding and you know they'll never accept. The Sussexes were so humiliated at the Jubilee that they left early. If the invitation is indeed forthcoming, they will be informed that they will be seated in the equivalent of the nosebleed seats, behind a large pillar, with doddery incontinent distant relations. So they will not attend, but they could not say they weren't invited.

Well played, BRF!

by Anonymousreply 367February 4, 2023 12:50 PM

Maybe on coronation weekend Hilaria and Alec Baldwin will be renewing their vows, officiated by Kylie Jenner, with half the cast of Full House in attendance and they can accept that invite instead.

by Anonymousreply 368February 4, 2023 2:31 PM

What on earth would Duchess D-List have to chat about with people like Cox and Aniston?

by Anonymousreply 369February 4, 2023 2:48 PM

Acting and the entertainment industry, r369.

by Anonymousreply 370February 4, 2023 4:39 PM

^Funny

by Anonymousreply 371February 4, 2023 5:14 PM

[QUOTE]What on earth would Duchess D-List have to chat about with people like Cox and Aniston?

The mushroom-laced chocolates and other psychoactive treats Cox puts out for party guests? Though Meghan doesn't strike me as much of a hostess...

by Anonymousreply 372February 4, 2023 5:20 PM

Holy shit! Prime time is OVER!

by Anonymousreply 373February 4, 2023 6:50 PM

Lady C. confirming Meg's "meetings" with the Getty billionaire.

Maybe he can give poor little Meg "the family she never had".

Lady C. has more info about it on her new paid channel but I don't subscribe to that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374February 4, 2023 7:35 PM

The press must be desperate for Harry & Meghan to attend the coronation.

by Anonymousreply 375February 4, 2023 9:00 PM

A bit awkward for the guests at the Ellen/Portia vow renewal, knowing that anything they said heard by the Harkles could end up in their next book or whinge-athon.

by Anonymousreply 376February 4, 2023 9:35 PM

The spectacle of the Frozen Todger and his grasping Gold digger wifey at the Coronation, in a church, with heads of state, will be hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 377February 4, 2023 10:20 PM

R374, I just listened to her regular podcast. The gist of the rumor is the Harry's wife rents conference rooms at the Beverly Hills Hotel as a cover as she meets up with Getty elsewhere in the hotel. The Getty family is rightly concerned about having this grifter sociopath in the picture.

I could totally see her dropping Harry and having a fairy-tale wedding with someone her grandfather's age. Hell, there are millions and billions ($2 billion?) of bucks involved. Soon after the wedding, the new husband will die on the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 378February 4, 2023 10:45 PM

Megs better be careful around Courteney C.

CC is a real Southern belle and they are ruthless when it comes to (1) sniffing out bullshit and (2) putting trash in its place.

by Anonymousreply 379February 4, 2023 11:03 PM

Has Meg been signed as the new face of Elizabeth Arden yet?

I picture her demanding a floaty commercial like Charlize Theron's J'Adore or Nicole Kidman's Chanel or Julia Roberts' Lancome. Meg doing a breathy sexy voiceover (in her mind): "Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Todger Cream, for the Prince in your life".

Didn't Meg claim on her resume she was a "super model with mile long legs"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380February 4, 2023 11:23 PM

Mile long WHEELCHAIR legs

by Anonymousreply 381February 4, 2023 11:35 PM

Her brother Tom Jr. calls them "flamingo legs" which cracks me up and I've used the phrase a couple of times to describe her.

by Anonymousreply 382February 4, 2023 11:37 PM

My friend calls them, "Getaway sticks".

by Anonymousreply 383February 4, 2023 11:39 PM

In the few pictures shown from Ellen and Portia's vow renewal Meg is doing her Shirley Temple routine of trying to coyly put her hand over her mouth and overreacting. No wonder she never made it as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 384February 4, 2023 11:56 PM

Is Portia crazy? Maybe getting revenge on Ellen for something - knowing Ellen's vulnerable after Anne He he and Twitch and the cruelty stories, etc.?

Who surprises someone with a vow renewal in front of a bunch of "frenemy" celeb types?

by Anonymousreply 385February 5, 2023 12:35 AM

Hahahaaa Ellen was probably seething and embarrassed but had to put on a loving face. I'm not one for surprises like that myself.

by Anonymousreply 386February 5, 2023 12:37 AM

Portia was just being a loving wife, giving Ellen an excuse to drink!

by Anonymousreply 387February 5, 2023 1:26 AM

[quote] Megs better be careful around Courteney C. CC is a real Southern belle and they are ruthless when it comes to (1) sniffing out bullshit and (2) putting trash in its place.

Yeah, right. Courtney Cox seems non-confrontational. Julia Roberts might speak out.

by Anonymousreply 388February 5, 2023 1:41 AM

Renewing your vows is so try-hard and usually the last gasp before the death of the marriage.

I'm sure Meghan was taking notes.

by Anonymousreply 389February 5, 2023 2:23 AM

ALL of these stars are a generation or two removed from trailer parks, with a few million probably poorly invested in ponzi schemes. They're perfect company for Harry and Meghan, just her speed. No quiet conversation, no hunting, no manners. Just Botox, hair extensions, drugs and cameras.

by Anonymousreply 390February 5, 2023 2:43 AM

Harry's older woman lover

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391February 5, 2023 5:52 AM

Meghan trying to find a rich old geezer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392February 5, 2023 5:55 AM

Meghan is certainly earning it with Harry. Not only does she have to live with him, but now the added embarrassment of frozen todgers and this broad outing herself as his first roll in the hay. That anyone believes that she actually fell in love with him is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 393February 5, 2023 5:56 AM

Are they in the photo r353?

by Anonymousreply 394February 5, 2023 5:59 AM

yes r394 but the photos are blurry as shit

by Anonymousreply 395February 5, 2023 6:04 AM

r393 the more I hear from Harry the less desirable he seems, sounds like most sensible women steered clear of him.

by Anonymousreply 396February 5, 2023 6:05 AM

[quote]She is 40. Harry turns 38 this year. How is that “older woman.” Meghan Markle is literally older than this woman!

hahahaaaa Harry caught in more lies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397February 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Harry's hypocricy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398February 5, 2023 6:35 AM

That royal todger just can’t stay out the headlines.

by Anonymousreply 399February 5, 2023 9:02 AM

The only privacy that matters is OURS, peasants!!!

by Anonymousreply 400February 5, 2023 4:06 PM

The only other recent Sussex news , besides the woman who who was his first sex partner, is Samantha Markle serving papers for Harry to testify in her suit against Meghan. I wonder if Primetime is still on? The Sussexes are a source of entertainment although the numerous threads are frustrating to others.

by Anonymousreply 401February 5, 2023 6:00 PM

The Sussex security team weren't able to keep the process server away? Not so secure, I guess. I'm sure the Taliban and professional terrorists worldwide will be pleased to hear this bit of information. 😆

by Anonymousreply 402February 5, 2023 6:22 PM

Trevor Noah takes a dig at Harry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403February 6, 2023 3:21 AM

1969 interview with the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. Very interesting. Wallis: "He struck me as being ahead of his time....I think he could have done...something....We've been very heppy!" David: "We sure have!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404February 7, 2023 5:45 AM

Is prime time over?!?!?!

I has been set FREE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 405February 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Prime time has had me locked out for weeks! Was that everyone's experience?

by Anonymousreply 406February 7, 2023 9:53 AM

R406

Yeah....it's been a long time. Close to 2 months?

by Anonymousreply 407February 7, 2023 10:05 AM

R407 yes, that sounds about right!

by Anonymousreply 408February 7, 2023 10:21 AM

>>"Harry and Meghan have told us repeatedly through multiple projects that Meghan gave up everything for Harry.

Yes. A show she was being written out of, a city she was desperate to escape, a bf who'd had enough of her and a rescue dog she thought of "as her own child"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409February 7, 2023 10:33 AM

R409, And the Canadian bf was not only hot, he could cook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410February 7, 2023 10:43 AM

From Corey to Harry equals HUGE downgrade in the looks department. Harry looks "special" in a deeply subnormal way in the engagement photo at r410's link.

by Anonymousreply 411February 7, 2023 11:00 AM

Being the wife or girlfriend of a chef doesn't confer any particular status, no matter how acclaimed he may be.

by Anonymousreply 412February 7, 2023 11:11 AM

Well, being the wife of a chef meant that she would have to actually work at doing something rather than flying about in a private jet to collect awards that they paid for.

by Anonymousreply 413February 7, 2023 11:59 AM

Too bad Charles or the queen didn't have the foresight of Mother Giuliano-Goldberg, who paid MM to disappear.

by Anonymousreply 414February 7, 2023 12:30 PM

Who? What? This is news to me.

by Anonymousreply 415February 7, 2023 8:28 PM

A judge has ruled that Harry & Meghan must be grilled by Samantha Markle's lawyers because they lied about her in their Oprah interview.

Get your popcorn ready!

by Anonymousreply 416February 7, 2023 8:29 PM

Will an American Civil Court accept an apology for perjury like the Crown Court did with Meghan's "sincere oversight " explanation?

Samantha also wanted Jason Knauf to be served with a summons. I wonder if/how the judge ruled on that. His testimony would be critical to the case because Meghan stressed to Knauf that she wanted him to convey to Scobie that Samantha had children by different fathers to enhance the slut and shifty character perceptions.

by Anonymousreply 417February 7, 2023 8:43 PM

Was it the book by Bowers which detailed Corey calling her out on her starfucking towards the end of their rship? Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 418February 7, 2023 10:17 PM

I bet they both peed their pants at least a little when they got the invite to the Ellen/Portia event. And Megs was the one who arranged for the leaked snaps of them standing in the middle of the crowd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419February 7, 2023 10:34 PM

No r406. Lots of us were here all along. We're not too cheap to pay $1.99 a month..

by Anonymousreply 420February 8, 2023 6:59 AM

"Five months since she moved up to the second tier of the monarchy, the Princess has started beefing up her top team to make sure she succeeds not only with her “life’s work” on child development, but also with the task of besting Meghan Markle.

Ever since the publication of Prince Harry’s book Spare, which was less than kind to Kate, she has rarely been out of the public eye, while the Duchess of Sussex, who has unquestionably become her nemesis, has retreated to the shadows.

The timing may be coincidental (royal events are never last-minute additions to the diary) but the Princess is without doubt in the midst of a rebranding exercise, and the evidence so far suggests she is winning her battle with the woman who dared to suggest she had “baby brain”.

A recent poll by Ipsos showed that while the Princess is viewed positively by 60 per cent of the British population, the Duchess is viewed positively by just 19 per cent of people. And all the signs are that she is determined to consolidate that advantage.Unlike the Duchess of Sussex, the Princess has an audience that is ready to listen. An Ipsos UK poll on attitudes towards the Royal family published last month showed that even before the Shaping Us campaign, favourable attitudes towards the Princess are higher among women than men, and that she is popular with 45 per cent of people aged 18-24, rising to 67 per cent among those aged 55 to 75.

The Duchess, meanwhile, is less popular with women than men, and has only 26 per cent of 18- to 24-year-olds on her side, a figure which never tops 30 per cent in any age group or social grade.

The Princess, then, needs no help in winning a popularity contest with the Duchess, particularly with the exposure the Waleses will have at May’s coronation ceremony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421February 8, 2023 1:03 PM

Good luck in your imagined competition with Catherine, Sparkles.

by Anonymousreply 422February 8, 2023 2:22 PM

I was at ELLEN'S vow renewal ceremony!!!! HA HA!!! That's what WINNING looks like, peasants!!!

by Anonymousreply 423February 8, 2023 2:40 PM

The red pantsuit is an unusual and bold fashion choice for Catherine, and a total power move. Good for her. Yes, she's worn red before, but IIRC only in evening wear.

by Anonymousreply 424February 8, 2023 3:23 PM

I think the Telegraph is way off in trying to spin Catherine's coming into her own as a response to Harry's wife. Catherine's roles are changing. She no long has toddlers to look after, the Queen was moving towards the grave, which meant Catherine would be more in the spotlight. People often come into their own as they get older.

Harry's wife might be good looking with some charisma, but she has shown herself and nobody likes what they see. Besides, everything she touches turns to shit, her pathetic husband is a prime example.

by Anonymousreply 425February 8, 2023 3:58 PM

I agree. I don't think it's a competition on Kate's part, anyway. The T was probably just twisting the knife

by Anonymousreply 426February 8, 2023 4:16 PM

It was very clear shortly after the Queen's funeral, that there was a shift in the wardrobe (and Jewelry) of the new Princess of Wales. Her clothes were slightly more upscale in design.

I remember thinking that it was a reflection of her new role and new level of status, as the wife of the heir to the throne. Rather than the daughter-in-law of the heir.

Her image, not hugely different from the previous image, rather a step up, was obvious to me.

The pecking order in the RF had shifted with the Queen's death. The roles of members of the RF changed with major changes for the now King, Queen, and Prince and Princess of Wales.

For the women, in particular, it was all too clear in one of the first major royal engagements after the funeral - the Diplomatic Reception. Dresses on both Catherine and Camilla were noticeably more upscale. And jewelry was worn that might not have been seen before.

None of this had anything to do with Mrs. Harry.

by Anonymousreply 427February 8, 2023 5:30 PM

Meghan is not good looking and she has zero charisma.

by Anonymousreply 428February 8, 2023 6:42 PM

Harry's wife is not unattractive, but she has all the charisma of curdled milk.

by Anonymousreply 429February 8, 2023 6:46 PM

Ellen's so lame for befriending the Harkles. First, when Markle was only on the D list, she constantly referred in interviews to her rescue dog "that Ellen told me me I had to get". Then she meets Harry and becomes famous as his partner, ditches the dog on her move to London because he doesn't like Harry. Doesn't invite Ellen to her wedding, despite Ellen publicly saying she wants an invite. Ellen has her on her show to both humiliate AND suck up to her. What a couple of freaks.

by Anonymousreply 430February 9, 2023 9:31 AM

The Sussexes provided great entertainment during he worst days of the pandemic, however it looks lik interest in them has dried up. I wonder what they'll do for their next act?

by Anonymousreply 431February 9, 2023 3:56 PM

Apparently they're making 'feel-good' programmes from now on. I'm not sure if I believe it, though. They're desperate to be seen as victims, and we know there are another 2 or 3 books coming.

by Anonymousreply 432February 9, 2023 5:23 PM

An anonymous donor apparently gave their charity 10M. It’s on The Fail.

Wonder if that donor’s name rhymes with “Snarls”?

by Anonymousreply 433February 9, 2023 5:25 PM

What about Getty?

by Anonymousreply 434February 9, 2023 6:10 PM

[quote]An anonymous donor apparently gave their charity 10M. It’s on The Fail. Wonder if that donor’s name rhymes with “Snarls”?

Miss Tyler Perry does not rhyme with "snarls".

by Anonymousreply 435February 9, 2023 6:45 PM

How can two chronically unhappy people come up with "feel good" programming?

by Anonymousreply 436February 9, 2023 6:49 PM

Bad press is getting to them ha ha ha.

She makes Kim and Paris and Gwyneth look like sophisticated geniuses.

by Anonymousreply 437February 9, 2023 7:12 PM

Oh and he looks brain dead.

by Anonymousreply 438February 9, 2023 7:13 PM

maybe the benefactor rhymes with Okra

by Anonymousreply 439February 9, 2023 7:51 PM

I'm sure it's Tyler Perry who made the donation - nobody else speaks out for them anymore (even Oprah seems to have ghosted them).

by Anonymousreply 440February 9, 2023 9:04 PM

Modern cafe society. In a stucco villa, holding court with Hollywood's jesters.

by Anonymousreply 441February 9, 2023 11:09 PM

That's right, the Markles were adequate pandemic distraction, but who has time now to care about their ongoing stupidity as they get further removed from the BRF?

by Anonymousreply 442February 10, 2023 2:45 AM

Rumor has it Eugenie and Jack are moving to America.

by Anonymousreply 443February 10, 2023 3:41 AM

Oprah doesn't give away HER money....that's what sponsors are for.

by Anonymousreply 444February 10, 2023 4:02 AM

I still don't understand why a donor would donate to an org that has their own admin and will dispense at their own discretion to other orgs with admin. Why pay for the middle-man Archewell staff when you could donate directly to whomever will be ultimately receiving the money?

Either they're funneling their own money through the 3rd party to save face or a friend is helping them save face. Without the 10 million, their foundation is a flop.

by Anonymousreply 445February 10, 2023 5:13 AM

Did they really donate $3M to good causes or was 95% of that amount chewed up in "expenses" like security, PR, private jets, etc?

by Anonymousreply 446February 10, 2023 5:22 AM

I don't understand why everyone doesn't see them the way I do, as boring, pathetic, narcissistic, attention-seeking grifters. I don't care about them being humiliated, but would prefer to never hear anything about them again.

by Anonymousreply 447February 10, 2023 8:05 AM

I am sure the $10m came from Harry's book advance which he loudly proclaimed he would donate to charity. Yes, his own charity. It's a great way to tax dodge. I hope the IRS is watching, especially since Harry isn't even a US citizen.

by Anonymousreply 448February 10, 2023 9:09 AM

I doubt it, r443.

by Anonymousreply 449February 10, 2023 10:46 AM

R447, they are pathetic, narcissistic, attention-seeking grifters which is why some of us watch them: to see their hopefully inevitable downfall.

And to wonder at the fact that they haven't been cancelled due to all the fucked up shit they say and do.

by Anonymousreply 450February 10, 2023 11:29 AM

Plus continually note how fucking ugly and stupid Harry is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451February 10, 2023 11:33 AM

I think you know the answer to that, R450

by Anonymousreply 452February 10, 2023 2:30 PM

The Harkles' new two-bit publicity outfit are now claiming that an anonymous donor gave them, umm, 10 Million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 453February 10, 2023 2:41 PM

R453, that makes it even likelier that the money actually came from them, i.e., Harry.

by Anonymousreply 454February 10, 2023 2:47 PM

10M from Charles for Harry to come solo to the Coronation without Meghan and then return back within 48 hours. I get why Charles wants and needs him there. This is a very rare and historical moment. Of course the King would want his 2 princes there I would imagine for preservation purposes.

I am listening to the Spare audible via the library and I live in a big city. I'm surprised it's already available for listen. Some random takeaways so far:

-Harry Is exactly like his character in The Windsors except without any humor about himself

-Harry is a hypochondriac. I imagine if he is feeling the slightest bit of pain, there is someone there to immediately take care of it, as presented by his words.

-As everyone knows, Harry's military stint was a lot of "I don't want to learn anything, I just want to shoot guns and fly helicopters". It must have been such a pain in the ass for the other people he served with.

-The writing. It's just so. It's so broken up. Choppy. The writing in this book. The chapters are so short and I would have loved to hear more about just the day to day of being a prince, More about how The Queen kept the dining room like a sauna at Sandringham and when they cracked a window behind her back, the corgis would bark and she'd ask "is there a draft in here" and the footman rush to close the windows. More of these types of stories.

-Harry presents Charles exactly as KC presents himself to the public. I like that KC feels very authentic to who he is with the public as well as what he is like behind closed doors. Of course he is not perfect, but Charles is very likable in his eccentric, quirky, semi-Victorian ways. Charles prefers Harry to write hadn't written letters vs. calling him. He loves everything to be hand written.

-If Meghan weren't so Meghan, I wonder if the palace was initially thrilled to have someone to keep Harry occupied. It's seems like pre-Meghan, the palace was trying to invent things to keep Harry busy and out of their hair.

-Shocking to nobody, Harry might dislike the day to day, but he loves being royal.

by Anonymousreply 455February 10, 2023 9:20 PM

Harry is what happens when a grievance collector has an Oedipal complex.

by Anonymousreply 456February 10, 2023 9:23 PM

KC3 paid Harold "10M" to attend his coronation -- niw is that £ or $?

Sure thing, I believe you.

by Anonymousreply 457February 10, 2023 9:50 PM

I'm an only child. Is Harry what happens when you have a sibling that's better looking than you are, smarter, gets preferential treatment (assuming he did - but just being the 'real' future king would make him get a different level of awe or whatever)

Plus Harry's stupid and William appears to be quite intelligent. Yet another issue of grievance - even for an actual prince (but he's the 'second' prince)

At least Andrew was better looking than Charles - and much younger. Not that he turned out all that well. (Edward will always be a mystery to me)

by Anonymousreply 458February 10, 2023 10:27 PM

Why would KC "need" Harry there? Harry and his wife are hugely unpopular with nearly everyone. William and Kate probably hate them, and Camilla can't have much use for him now. He might "want" him there for sentimental reasons, but he needs to face facts that Harry is a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 459February 10, 2023 11:03 PM

Invitations to the coronation went out as early as January, when Prince Albert (of Monaco, not the can) confirmed he would be attending. This is going to be a huge televised spectacle. I doubt that anyone wants to entertain any nonsense from Meghan and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 460February 10, 2023 11:21 PM

Being such a scoundrel as to getting left out of his father's coronation would certainly set some precedent, right? Why would he want such ignominy?

by Anonymousreply 461February 10, 2023 11:45 PM

My guess is that Harry won't attend, because no matter what conditions are imposed, threats are issued, and what promises are made, Charles *knows* he can't trust Harry to refrain from doing something stupid. You know Harry would love to get up and stomp out when the crown is placed on Camilla's head, and Charles isn't having that!

So either Harry won't attend, or if he does, Major Johnny will be sitting behind him with a taser and orders to use it if Harry moves a muscle.

by Anonymousreply 462February 10, 2023 11:46 PM

A solid tasering would be nice. Of Markle too, right in her1000 teeth.

by Anonymousreply 463February 11, 2023 2:47 AM

No way would the Harkles come if they were relegated to the cheap seats like they were for the Jubilee

by Anonymousreply 464February 11, 2023 3:11 AM

Oh they'll come all right. Here is a chance for Meghan to solidify her "royal connections" and indeed, to wear a tiara. She's coming, I guarantee you.

by Anonymousreply 465February 11, 2023 7:46 AM

I also think they'll go. And when they're booed, they'll cry RACISM!

by Anonymousreply 466February 11, 2023 9:27 AM

I'm so disappointed in Al Sharpton jumping on the racism bandwagon when it comes to Markle. With her straightened hair and white partners, how does her mother being black change the fact that people don't like her because she is a bully and mean girl? And she's helped show Haz as the detestable toad he's always been, although he's done a lot of that unveiling himself.

by Anonymousreply 467February 11, 2023 10:40 AM

R467, Al Sharpton knows all about straightened hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468February 11, 2023 11:46 AM

I read somewhere that the $10 million donation was one of those “non-specified donation” things, a way of parking a large chunk of money at a foundation to get a tax break but it doesn’t actually need to get paid out. The donor was thought to be a SV tech millionaire. I read this a couple months ago.

by Anonymousreply 469February 11, 2023 12:24 PM

r464 There is a rumour they are both invited but won't be seated together and she is not very happy and unwilling to agree to that. To be fair I think all spouses may sit apart - they aren't being singled out as such.

by Anonymousreply 470February 11, 2023 1:11 PM

r469 it's clear a lot of these philanthropic charity like foundations are a scam largely benefitting the wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 471February 11, 2023 1:13 PM

R470, Will she be seated with Fergie?

by Anonymousreply 472February 11, 2023 2:09 PM

They'll seat her next to Anne who'll jab her with a hat pin.

by Anonymousreply 473February 11, 2023 2:26 PM

r472 I guess its possible!!

by Anonymousreply 474February 11, 2023 2:57 PM

Blood relatives to the close seats.

In-laws to the back. Way back.

Some will find themselves behind a line of huge, tall candles.

For amusement, check out the video of the Sussex pair when they are led to their 2nd row, left, 5th and 6th seats from the aisle at the Queen's Jubilee service at St. Paul's. Harry (supposedly arguing with the person showing them to their seats), the York sisters and their spouses, getting up to allow for the tardy Sussex pair to climb into their seats. The best part is the look on Mrs. Harry's face when she gets the picture. Gone is the Cheshire cat grin that she wore as they paraded up the aisle.

by Anonymousreply 475February 11, 2023 3:41 PM

R475, you could have provided a link you lazy WHORE!

by Anonymousreply 476February 11, 2023 7:23 PM

R475 - oh yes, good times. With the security experts and hottie Scottie sitting right behind them: "Major Johnny Thompson , 5th Company The Royal Regiment of Scotland and one of Her Majesty’s most senior bodyguards. Also The Lord Chamberlain, , head of the Queen’s Household, who used to be head of M!5. Just so Harry could know Her Majesty does have some good people around her!"

Also weren't those elderly "working royals" (can't remember their names) seated in the row in FRONT of Harry, along with Edward and Sophie? Ha ha, I love it!!!

And I remember a video of the Harkles leaving the Jubilee service -- her face turned into a furious scowl and he looked scared of her, after they got into the back seat of the car to take them away.

Also after his crap speech to an empty audience at the UN, a lip reader said when he sat back down beside her, he said, "How was it?" She said, with a grim expression, "It could have been better."

by Anonymousreply 477February 11, 2023 9:38 PM

"Also after his crap speech to an empty audience at the UN, a lip reader said when he sat back down beside her, he said, "How was it?" She said, with a grim expression, "It could have been better."

Did she really, R477? She is stone cold.

by Anonymousreply 478February 11, 2023 10:49 PM

Charles needs to invite them to look like the bigger person, but now they need to be sidelined and watched like a hawk so they don't cut in line and grab the good seats or stall walking in to make a grand entrance.

by Anonymousreply 479February 11, 2023 11:00 PM

It really is sort of delightful that it's a "damned if I do and damned if I don't" situation for both parties.

Charles looks cold and unforgiving if he doesn't invite; weak and foolish if he does.

The Harkles look arrogant if they don't but ass kissy if they do go.

by Anonymousreply 480February 12, 2023 12:11 AM

Meghan is currently shopping around for products to merch during the coronation.

Doesn’t Meghan Markle look great with the new Old Navy nose ring? She chose gold, but they also come in silver, ruby and turquoise. Hashtag nose ring!

by Anonymousreply 481February 12, 2023 12:20 AM

So my local library finally delivered "Spare" to my smartphone, and after the first few chapters my early impression is...

NEVER in my long life, have I ever heard an adult express such raging and uninhibited Oedipal feelings! Or to have so little understanding of the mother he worships, or to have so little insight into how his obsessive mother-love is affecting his adult relationships and mental health. Seriously, I had suspected some of this, I'd said before this that the tragedy of Harry's life was that his mother died before he was old enough to understand her... but holy shit I'm still flabbergasted at how little insight he has into his own psyche... after years of therapy.

by Anonymousreply 482February 12, 2023 3:53 AM

And now I'm into Harry's teen years. First, there was a chapter about smoking dope with his buddies at Eton, and in the next chapter there's his outrage about Charles and Camilla throwing him under the bus... and letting the press publish an article about him doing drugs!!! And now he's on about some horrible, evil journalist trying to shaft him by printing a story about him snorting coke, and then he admits that he actually *had* been snorting coke.

This book is a snark gold mine! All of Harry's humorlessness, anger, lack of insight, and inability to take responsibility for his actions in unrepentant full flower!

by Anonymousreply 483February 12, 2023 5:45 AM

I still can't believe nobody proof read (or maybe they did and laughed) the part where he puts the todger cream on and thinks of his mother. Oh my Freud!

by Anonymousreply 484February 12, 2023 6:02 AM

I am at the Meghan chapters. This where your can tell Meghan took out her editing pen and did much of the writing.

-When Harry sees Meghan with the dog filter on IG, you would have thought Jesus and Diana came back to earth by Harry's reaction and descriptions. "She broke the conveyor belt for all women", she was ":so beautiful she could cause a heart attack", "model, actress, brand spokesperson, global ambassador, lifestyle ambassador".

-Even though it had been long leaked in the DM, I still laugh at Harry worried Kate and Wills were going to ask Meghan for an autograph.

-Their first phone call, Meghan face timed him, which I am sure she recored.

-Both Charles and the Queen prefer long hair, frequently commenting on Kate's hair and minimal make up.

-I bet Meghan is an excellent fuck until she gets what she wants. The whole sneaking Harry into the back elevator to the room at the Soho House where they fucked like animals so hard that they forget to put a do not disturb sign up and one of Meghan friends delivered their breakfast while Harry "almost suffocated to death" hinting under the duvet

by Anonymousreply 485February 12, 2023 6:57 AM

Harry completely deserves her and all the endless lifetime of confusion, pain and loss that she will deliver to him. Even long after he hates her and lives on the other side of the world from her, he will still be suffering hourly from having ever allowed her into his life.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow.

by Anonymousreply 486February 12, 2023 7:06 AM

There was a post that said that Harry was exactly like his character on The Windsors. Why oh why does that series not continue!? It's one of the best tv series ever; I binge it repeatedly. With all the new material, they'd have enough for a 20 episode season.

by Anonymousreply 487February 12, 2023 7:16 AM

Was the Windsors ITV or Channel 4? Because ITV fires anyone who criticises - even merely doubts - Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 488February 12, 2023 7:34 AM

Channel 4, R488. It did poke fun at MM, but the character was funny and likeable. I loved every one of the characters on The Windsors. Harry Enfield and Hayden Gwynne are brilliant, and Hugh Skinner is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 489February 12, 2023 7:56 AM

I see, r489. Thing is, although Meghan can be pretty - radiant, even - she's not once been funny and she's never been likeable. C4 are being kind to her. The reality of the Markles's story has probably taken such a dark turn that they can't possibly do another series without ever addressing it, and refuse to do so because they are terrified of offending her and her jackals.

TV people are usually frightened and reaching for safety at almost all times. Almost.

by Anonymousreply 490February 12, 2023 8:07 AM

[quote] The whole sneaking Harry into the back elevator to the room at the Soho House where they fucked like animals so hard that they forget to put a do not disturb sign up and one of Meghan friends delivered their breakfast while Harry "almost suffocated to death" hinting under the duvet

LOLOLOLOL WTF?!?

Guess I need to read that shit tome after all, ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 491February 12, 2023 9:32 AM

Finally out of prime time...sigh I refused to give money to the Harkles by actually buying this book and was actually able to find a readable pdf (no download necessary) at readanybook dotcom. Have at it guys and let's have some lively discussion.

by Anonymousreply 492February 12, 2023 12:31 PM

[quote] There was a post that said that Harry was exactly like his character on The Windsors. Why oh why does that series not continue!?

Because they ran out of ideas. The last episode or two were not up to the level of the others. When they brought in Donald Trump, and started talking about the US, it was very lame. I also think it suffered when the actor who played Harry couldn’t return for the last season. His replacement wasn’t nearly as good.

But it was very well cast. Vicki Pepperdine as Anne was hilarious.

Fun fact: the first actor who played Harry, Richard Goulding, also played Harry in the drama King Charles III. Imagine playing the same person two different ways in the same time period!

by Anonymousreply 493February 12, 2023 12:38 PM

I think so little of the Harolds as it is -- could my estimation go even lower if I download the "book?"

by Anonymousreply 494February 12, 2023 12:49 PM

R487, allow me to make your day (if this actually comes to pass). I thought I posted this upthread already, but I read recently that they're doing a coronation special and one more series.

by Anonymousreply 495February 12, 2023 2:51 PM

The description of Meg from Harry's book is both hilarious and vomit-inducing.

by Anonymousreply 496February 12, 2023 3:53 PM

When they went to Botswana for their first real date, Harry "was expecting this stunning, gorgeous, mind blowing, high profile actress to be a diva showing up with a suitcase full of shoes and designer frocks, but that wasn't Meg's style. To my wonderful pleasant surprise, all Meg had were jean shorts, snacks, and a yoga mat. For once, I met someone who didn't have crown syndrome, sizing up what crown she wanted after the first date."

BWAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 497February 12, 2023 4:51 PM

Lol. He's dumber than I thought, R497. Meghan was sizing up that crown before she went on the first date.

by Anonymousreply 498February 12, 2023 4:53 PM

So... she didn't bring any underwear or tops? SLUT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 499February 12, 2023 5:21 PM

" Thing is, although Meghan can be pretty - radiant, even - she's not once been funny and she's never been likeable."

Yes, she was very pretty before the kids, and was radiant at the wedding, and I'm sure she's very capable of making straight men think she's likeable! Because anyone who takes the trouble to look up a momma's boy's mother's favorite perfume before meeting him has done her fucking research.

I got the book from the library, BTW, and was crowing about it above. Highly recommended to any bitch with a snarky sense of humor! You never get to see this level of clueless entitlement on display, or the complete inability to see anyone else's POV, most editors take it out before the book is released. But not here, which makes me think that the publishers knew that it was just bitches like me who'd want to read it! But it's not like we want to pay for it...

by Anonymousreply 500February 12, 2023 5:27 PM

[QUOTE]For once, I met someone who didn't have crown syndrome, sizing up what crown she wanted after the first date."

Wow, what a bald-faced lie and a slap in the face to Chelsy Davey and Cressida Bonas who by all accounts had the opposite condition which wasn't a "syndrome" or ailment, but the reflexive and self-protective impulse to distance themselves from the kind of attention Harry attracts. And they sure as hell didn't want a lifetime of dealing with a man child. I've always understood that they were the ones who walked or did I get that wrong? Regardless, it sure sounds like Harry's developed a retroactive resentment against former GFs (and fantasy GFs if you count his sister-in-law)

Jeez, this book has been all about his retribution for both traumas and micro-slights, and perceived inequities. Has there been this much score-settling in an autobiography before? Unless Trump decides to write about his life these last six years, I don't think Harry's can be topped anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 501February 12, 2023 5:28 PM

The book is pretty interesting, R500. I'm right where you are with the library. It was helpful for all the bombshells to be released ahead of time because it allows me to focus more on the little things that fly under the radar but are the most telling about the two of them.

I am not a Meghan fan, but will say that she is earning every cent that they are making (off Harry's back). Harry really comes across as absolutely useless. Meghan is doing all the hustling and deal making. Harry, almost proudly, mentions several time throughout that he's never cracked a book. I believe him.

by Anonymousreply 502February 12, 2023 5:37 PM

Yes, what an insult to Chelsy and Cressida, both of whom bailed largely because they didn't want the royal job. For Chelsy in particular, Harry was a big step down. Her family is richer than he will ever be, and she would have lost her privacy, freedom, and autonomy. Cressida had just finished a degree in dance and wanted to pursue her own career. Both of them are doing very well without their ginger ex.

by Anonymousreply 503February 12, 2023 5:58 PM

So if Harry is so infantile and volatile, what do you think Chelsy and Cressida saw in him enough to date him for a while?

by Anonymousreply 504February 12, 2023 6:03 PM

Are they titled already? Maybe that's what they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 505February 12, 2023 6:09 PM

Maybe they didn't know he's an asshole. I'm sure he can be charming if he wants something.

by Anonymousreply 506February 12, 2023 6:18 PM

R504, I've seen this up close in several females: when they notice red flags and things like depression in the other partner, empathy kicks in and they think they can fix them and make them happy. It never works out. To help, they have to suggest change, and urge things like developing discipline to the "Harry" in the rship, even pushing them to go to work/get a job in some cases or the Harry will watch TV, surf the internet or play video games all day.

Markle has no empathy and just exploits his pettiness, resentments and delusions, which must be very freeing for him and feel like unconditional love, which it most certainly isn't. When the money runs out and she finally leaves, he will be a bigger mess than ever, firmly entrenched in bad habits, wallowing in laziness and have burnt all his bridges.

by Anonymousreply 507February 12, 2023 6:31 PM

Are you kidding? Markle looked like shot at her wedding. The dress was too big, didn't fit. She couldn't be bothered to properly style her hair - who does a fking messy bun on their wedding day?? And her makeup tried to be so natural that she looked pasty and washed out. And definitely a white as she has ever looked. On purpose?? Oh definitely! She is so weird and obtuse.

by Anonymousreply 508February 12, 2023 7:42 PM

True, the dangling tendrils and ill fitting dress were not radiant.

by Anonymousreply 509February 12, 2023 8:38 PM

This is kind of mild, but it looks like the start of something

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510February 12, 2023 11:15 PM

Yes she is r429. That giant fivehead, ski slope nose, the Neanderthal jaw, too large teeth in her bass mouth, stringy greasy hair, not to mention that terrible barrel shaped figure with the giant hands and feet and wheelchair legs. No breasts, no curves, she hunches over and look like she has no neck...I could go on...

by Anonymousreply 511February 13, 2023 12:07 AM

R511, How much of that did she get from Tom?

by Anonymousreply 512February 13, 2023 1:18 AM

Her mother seemed really elegant and dignified.

Until she started talking.

by Anonymousreply 513February 13, 2023 1:39 AM

Less than she got from her fug mother Doria. She looks quite a bit like Doria and has her bad figure r12. Momma has a very sketchy work shy past. Google Loving Kindness Senior Care Management. Cash only, address at Megan's lawyer's office. Meghan learned this shit from her mom.

by Anonymousreply 514February 13, 2023 1:50 AM

So I'm into Harry's military years, in the library copy that was finally available, and two things are really standing out.

1: The Datalounge Hive Mind seems to have had a pretty good understanding of Harry all along - his world-class mommy issues, the trauma behind them, his self-absorption and entitlement, the endless list of petty grudges, the bug up his ass about the press, his fondness for being told what to do, etc.

2: The man would be MUCH happier if he were gay! Seriously, he loves rough manly things and adored boot camp, and says over and over again how much he likes or even "loves" some macho military or outdoorsy guy. He'd be so much happier living a manly life doing manly things with some manly guy, than sitting around the house in Montecito while his wife tries to scrounge up enough money to maintain their lifestyle and the nanny manages the kids.

by Anonymousreply 515February 13, 2023 2:46 AM

Liking the "manly man" life isn't really very gay....it's actually very hetero male. Bonding with your buddies over brewskis in the great outdoors.

Gay life is more like "bonding with your buddies over cocktails while shrieking about Drag Race or Hillary Clinton or Madonna followed by a trip to Costco then an evening at home with your pug scrolling endlessly through Grindr".

by Anonymousreply 516February 13, 2023 3:59 AM

The Harkles scroll endlessly through online comments on articles about them. Dimbo would be spending half his time in the outdoors on his phone googling himself.

by Anonymousreply 517February 13, 2023 5:09 AM

You guys are making me think about picking up the book again. I had to stop reading, I got so fed up with his endless woe-is-me crap.

The awful cover doesn't help. Who thought we needed such an up-close photo of his piggy little eyes?

by Anonymousreply 518February 15, 2023 3:57 AM

South Park is spoofing them in a new episode tonight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519February 15, 2023 7:41 PM

Harry!!!! Get me the lawyers!!’

by Anonymousreply 520February 15, 2023 10:12 PM

So, I'm into the time when he met Meg in my library copy, and I can see the games she's playing through his eyes! Play hard to get, but not too hard, have her friends talk her up as a huge celebrity across the pond, dress down in Botswana to give the impression of being undemanding, agree with everything he says and pretend your busy schedules miraculously coincide - I can practically smell his mother's perfume through the pages! He didn't see it then, and can't see it now, the poor simp.

I don't think I'll finish this mess.

by Anonymousreply 521February 15, 2023 11:21 PM

Good post, R521.

by Anonymousreply 522February 16, 2023 4:38 AM

I'm at the same place R521. Meghan had a completely FULL summer but "her friends urged her to leave one week open for magic." Every room that Meghan was is was "full of love". They better stayed married or this whole "love story" schtick is going to be embarrassing for them both.

Like, ewwwww!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 523February 16, 2023 5:08 AM

Anyone who finishes this book deserves a knighthood. You will have displayed bravery, determination and a strong stomach.

by Anonymousreply 524February 16, 2023 6:25 AM

A summary of the South Park episode:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525February 16, 2023 6:25 AM

A clip, if the link works

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526February 16, 2023 7:30 AM

Full episode here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527February 16, 2023 7:40 AM

"He victimized me because I'm an ethnic woman"

South Park is kind of stupid but they are getting in some good digs

by Anonymousreply 528February 16, 2023 7:56 AM

They listed "First Lady bothering" as one of her skills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529February 16, 2023 8:15 AM

They certainly hit that nail on their heads but I just wish the episode actually had ONE good laugh in it.

by Anonymousreply 530February 16, 2023 8:28 AM

Finally, they've been officially anointed in America as consummate assholes.

by Anonymousreply 531February 16, 2023 8:30 AM

R530, I've only seen two clips but I thought the part when the morning show host referred to the book as Waagh was pretty funny.

And true.

by Anonymousreply 532February 16, 2023 9:15 AM

When I watched that South Park episode all I could think about was how much it would make DL explode.

by Anonymousreply 533February 16, 2023 9:36 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534February 16, 2023 11:30 AM

Oh shit, "your Instagram loving bitch wife" !

by Anonymousreply 535February 16, 2023 11:38 AM

It's legit unnerving how well South Park captured the Harry/Meghan dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 536February 16, 2023 2:17 PM

When South Park is good, it's very good.

by Anonymousreply 537February 16, 2023 2:24 PM

I liked how it showed Meghan didn’t actually want privacy and she was empty inside. Then at the end how out of touch Harry is that he wanted to play drums instead of joining in to play basketball.

by Anonymousreply 538February 16, 2023 2:50 PM

I can’t believe they showed his blue todger

by Anonymousreply 539February 16, 2023 2:55 PM

I don’t think they should have called her bitch because it may cause people to write the show off as being too hateful and miss some of the good points they had about Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 540February 16, 2023 3:02 PM

But she is a bitch...

by Anonymousreply 541February 16, 2023 3:02 PM

I'm not a bitch! Everyone wants to be me!

by Anonymousreply 542February 16, 2023 5:31 PM

R540 never saw the Snuke.

by Anonymousreply 543February 16, 2023 9:02 PM

I know, r535.

For those unfamiliar: Trey usually writes the shows but his second ex-wife (who he reconciled with for the sake of their daughter) is always showing off her legs and tits on instagram under an account named The South Parkers. He's even in some of the photos and videos, but it's Boogie (yes, that's what she calls herself. Seriously) who loves to post about their lives. She and the daughter even took part as bridesmaids at a friend's wedding wearing see-through black dresses.

by Anonymousreply 544February 17, 2023 1:29 AM

It sure sounds Iike Trey knows how to pick 'em, too.

by Anonymousreply 545February 17, 2023 6:39 AM

Trey's daughter is only early teens and Boogie dresses her in matching-Mummy hoochie shorts, even in winter. It was sad to see the daughter as a little girl (7 or so) mimicking her mum's slutty gestures. Trey looks fat and burnt out.

by Anonymousreply 546February 17, 2023 7:00 AM

Can't resister posting Sam Roffey's parody of Angry Harry. Wonder if his rage is fired up after Southpark?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547February 17, 2023 7:16 AM

This woman's shorts with Harold's voiceover are amusing. She has a bunch of them.

Her channel is - Meghan Markle the Duchess of Sus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548February 17, 2023 1:57 PM

Must be the first time South Park have made the front page of a newspaper since the mid-2000s, if that. Fair play to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549February 17, 2023 2:18 PM

Still slowly picking away at my library copy, mostly reading between the lines, and thinking that yeah. The Datalounge Hive Mind really did have this guy nailed.

Like we've assumed for a long time that he's the guy who remembers every petty slight forever, but who has no idea when he offends others, right? So okay, William has been working for decades to save wild elephants, and a few years ago Harry goes to Africa and comes back saying "I've found my purpose in life, I'm going to save the elephants! I'm going to found an elephant charity!", and then calls William a petty bitch for not supporting him. Of course it never occurred to Harry to support William's ongoing efforts, or to offer to work for William's charity or to partner with William, and Harry is in fact disrespecting William's years of effort. But he's still convinced that William is the asshole here, and bears enough of a grudge to put yet another petty grudge into his book. He really hates William.

by Anonymousreply 550February 17, 2023 3:03 PM

And oh yes, I'm surprised this bit hasn't had more traction:

You know Harry has a bug up his ass about the press and always has, right? Blames them for his mother's death and everything that's ever made him unhappy, right?

In this book he totally dismisses the idea that the fact that his mother's driver was drunk on the fatal night is a problem! Harry is such a fucking idiot that he goes on for chapter after chapter about his love of beer and tequila and dope and hallucinogens, and then he totally dismisses the idea that his mother's driver had a high alcohol level might have been a factor in the fatal accident. Seriously, he goes to the fatal tunnel as an adult and decides that not even a driver who was drunk off his ass could have had a problem there, so IT MUST BE THE PRESS'S FAULT. Fucking dumbass idiot.

by Anonymousreply 551February 17, 2023 3:06 PM

R551, the clear implication is that he’s driven drunk many times and, even now, he doesn’t think that’s a problem.

by Anonymousreply 552February 17, 2023 3:12 PM

As said a gazillion times, his dumb cluck of a mother couldn’t be bothered to put on her seat belt either.

by Anonymousreply 553February 17, 2023 4:09 PM

I was about to post the same comment as r552. It must have been unnerving to be his royal protection officers if he drove around drunk. Did they have the power to say no to him? Did he give them the slip? Hopefully he only did it out in the country.

The only survivor, the bodyguard Trevor Rees Jones, was wearing a seat belt but still had every bone in his face broken. Something Harry failed to factor in is that the Mercedes was armored making it much heavier and difficult to handle and have greater, deadlier momentum. (if I remember high school physics correctly) I'd bet Henri Paul didn't get professional training for that car. The thing was split in half. They didn't have to use the jaws of life to get to her.

by Anonymousreply 554February 17, 2023 6:41 PM

I think Harry dismissed the theory about the drunk driver because he went with his driver through the tunnel and he said something to the effect that even if someone had a few drinks, that they could easily drive through the tunnel. Maybe on Harry's tolerance.

by Anonymousreply 555February 18, 2023 1:33 AM

The South Park Episode w/ commercials. It was funny. They nailed it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556February 18, 2023 1:40 AM

R555, Harry dismissed the driver's blood alcohol level as a factor because he has an OBSESSIVE HATRED of the press, I mean, he's just batshit about them. He wants to believe that they killed his beloved mother, and that if he doesn't have the world's best security and the money to sue ever rag that ever printed anything about him, they'll also kill his wife.

I can say that because I actually finished my library copy of the book!!! OMG what a struggle - towards the end I was skipping over paragraphs and pages of pure whining, mostly about how the press will literally kill his wife and kids if he isn't given millions of dollars a year of security at the British taxpayer's expense. FYI the last chapters were the hardest to read because they're insane, dishonest, and loaded with his irrational fears, they are absolutely painful to read. He's just an awful person - he's self-pitying, irrational, tiny-minded, totally indifferent to other people's needs. Even after years of therapy and all this supposed healing, he has no clue that he's transferred his Oedipal craziness from his mother to his wife, and cannot grasp why his family members consider the needs of the monarchy to be more important than his irrational fears. He's just unbearable.

But extremely snarkable.

by Anonymousreply 557February 18, 2023 4:21 AM

[quote] he's just batshit

You nailed it. And she's just a con artist.

by Anonymousreply 558February 18, 2023 4:28 AM

You're a braver man than I, R557. I read the news coverage and accompanying extracts and knew I'd never be able to read a whole book of whinging.

by Anonymousreply 559February 18, 2023 5:33 AM

R557, thanks for reading the book - so we don't have to. Apart from the saving elephants issue regarding William, is there anything else you think the press may have overlooked? From the passage I read online about the school matron Pat, his cruelty towards her should be more of an issue but people were too busy going on about the blue todger, how he described the Taliban, the latter pretty serious.

by Anonymousreply 560February 18, 2023 6:16 AM

I don't know what "Marca" is but would they dare attend the Met Gala on May 1st when the Coronation is the 6th?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561February 18, 2023 6:37 AM

Those two have no shame. Ugh she will be in her glory at the Met Gala, it has lost it's glory now that they let trash like the Kardashians in.

by Anonymousreply 562February 18, 2023 7:04 AM

R561, Marca is a big Spanish paper that is heavy on gossip and sports coverage. I don’t know if they would be reliable on this issue.

by Anonymousreply 563February 18, 2023 7:11 AM

The only way the press will kill Meghan is if she runs out in front of a news van trying to get papped.

by Anonymousreply 564February 18, 2023 8:46 AM

"I think it's beyond ironic that Harry, who once called America's cherished First Amendment ‘bonkers,’ is now watching his wife's lawyer invoke her First Amendment rights in court," Andersen shared. "Grossly hypocritical? You bet. And It's my First Amendment right to say so!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565February 18, 2023 12:18 PM

The Harkles have never been invited to the Met and they are even less likely to be now.

I see that Marca pop up on searches every now and then. It sounds like complete rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 566February 18, 2023 1:14 PM

R555, that bothered me, too. He's showing severe naivete there. "A few drinks" are certainly enough to impair a person's faculties.

by Anonymousreply 567February 18, 2023 1:28 PM

If the preggo rumors are true, it will be a hoot to see the Duchess swanning around the Met Gala well through her second trimester. Her bump will be the talk of the town.

by Anonymousreply 568February 18, 2023 1:33 PM

I know there are those who don't like Lady C, but I saw her interviewed when asked about the car crash in the tunnel.

She brought up several factors that I had never heard before.

Among them was the fact that the Mercedes clipped a white Fiat just before or just as it (the Mercedes) was approaching or entering the tunnel. (Supposedly they found white paint on the Mercedes.)

She also covers the issue of the airbags, with witnesses supposedly seeing that the airbags had inflated. It has been reported that the airbags had already deployed and DEFLATED at the time of the crash.

Another point she mentioned was that witnesses heard the engine of the Mercedes "roaring" after it clipped the Fiat which she claims indicates that the car had been shifted into neutral.

Not being a car nut, I don't know enough to tell if the engine sound indicates what is claimed.

In any case, she went through several factors which I had never heard or read about that she believes led up to the crash.

If anyone is interested, I'll see if I can find the interview.

by Anonymousreply 569February 18, 2023 1:53 PM

Here's the link to the interview mentioned above at R569.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570February 18, 2023 2:10 PM

More about the airbags question.

Based on the injuries to the bodyguard who survived the crash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571February 18, 2023 2:16 PM

How dare they not be invited to the Met Gala and deprive us of viewing whatever garish getup Megsie shows up in, convinced that she's the STAR attraction of the night.

Does Harry explain why the British taxpayer should fund their security? He's certainly entitled to whatever security he can pay for, but why should the taxpayers be on the hook for it?

by Anonymousreply 572February 18, 2023 2:44 PM

I would doubt that they are going to the Met Gala. Dame Anna Wintour who was knighted or whatever the ceremony is by the Queen herself, would want to keep a long standing relationship with the BRF. There are going to be many future events with Kate and William that they wouldn't want to jeopardize.

by Anonymousreply 573February 18, 2023 4:24 PM

Tolerance to alcohol can be very deceiving. I've known people who were heavy drinkers and gave off the appearance of being unintoxicated until that Nth drink kicked in. It doesn't take too much effort or coordination to walk, but operating an armored vehicle at high speed? Or maintaining an extended coherent conversation? The nature of Paul's job didn't require speaking, just following orders. I wonder if the bodyguard had had a chance to speak with him, he might have assessed that Paul was drunk and requested another driver or taken the wheel himself.

Of course, Harry has the insight of a turnip and the empathy of a stone wall not to recognize that his own drunk driving put himself, his bodyguards, and other motorists in peril. He could have killed someone else's mother! (like his grandfather nearly did) But, wah!

by Anonymousreply 574February 18, 2023 4:31 PM

Wow, her accent is so Jamaican when she starts talking. After a few moments she settles it back down into cod posh English, but the Jamaican is still strong.

by Anonymousreply 575February 18, 2023 4:46 PM

The Met Gala invite is more of Meghan's manifesting. Put it out into the Universe and it will come true! The media is Meghan's vision board.

by Anonymousreply 576February 18, 2023 5:15 PM

R575 is in reference to Lady Colin Campbell, native of Jamaica.

by Anonymousreply 577February 18, 2023 5:36 PM

I'd love to see Lady CC interview a hardcore Rasta. Maybe they could fire up a blunt and enjoy it together.

by Anonymousreply 578February 18, 2023 7:15 PM

Not at all r540. This is typical south park. Americans have never cared for them.

by Anonymousreply 579February 18, 2023 10:45 PM

South Park tweeted I assume to Meghan. LMAO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580February 19, 2023 5:43 AM

South Park and its creators have very deep pockets and enough stamina and wit to outlast the Sussex whining and threats. And a writing staff that's not beholden to the morning frau crowd.

If the Sussexes complain, they should expect to get it back twofold.

by Anonymousreply 581February 19, 2023 5:56 AM

If they had half a brain, they’d realize being lampooned on “South Park” is a badge of honor.

But they are useless, humorless millennial cunts. So they won’t.

by Anonymousreply 582February 19, 2023 6:19 AM

who still even watches South Park?

by Anonymousreply 583February 19, 2023 6:51 AM

R582, As was being lampooned in “Doonesbury” years ago.

by Anonymousreply 584February 19, 2023 7:35 AM

I saw the documentary about making SP. It looked like everything contentious has to be run by someone, but maybe that's more to do with bad language/things people might find objectionable? If the Harkles try to sue them, SP will just double down and rip on them even more.

by Anonymousreply 585February 19, 2023 8:12 AM

They will haha...please, bring them back in a part 2!

by Anonymousreply 586February 19, 2023 9:06 AM

You just know that they've been screaming at their lawyers to sue SP. I pray that they're stupid enough to pursue it.

by Anonymousreply 587February 19, 2023 12:16 PM

Somewhere at Rockefeller Center Lorne Michaels and his writers are taking note...

by Anonymousreply 588February 19, 2023 12:19 PM

A lawsuit from the dumb prince and his bitch wife would be fun right about now.

by Anonymousreply 589February 19, 2023 12:43 PM

Will Harry and Meghan crash Jimmy Carter’s funeral?

by Anonymousreply 590February 19, 2023 12:47 PM

"Jimmy was like a father to me..."

by Anonymousreply 591February 19, 2023 12:49 PM

[quote]Will Harry and Meghan crash Jimmy Carter’s funeral?

Yes, Meghan will show up with a camera crew, chips and soda from the corner convenience store and on Tyler Perry's arm while phoning the surrogacy agency to check on the viability of Mr. Getty's sperm and her egg for implantation.

by Anonymousreply 592February 19, 2023 12:52 PM

R585 - A show as controversial as SP has to run things by the Comedy Central's legal department. The show probably has a disclaimer up front, too. I don't think they've been sued successfully. Tom Cruise didn't raise a stink about the closet episode and they've heavily criticized Scientology which is an incredibly litigious organization. I'm sure this wouldn't keep the Harkles from pursuing something.

by Anonymousreply 593February 19, 2023 5:26 PM

Will & Kate this evening at the Baftas. This white gown was worn before but it's been altered. The black gloves are too long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594February 19, 2023 5:31 PM

The white gown BEFORE and AFTER. I like it better the first time she wore it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595February 19, 2023 5:31 PM

Why wear gloves at all?

by Anonymousreply 596February 19, 2023 5:33 PM

Love the dress - both before and after - but please remove the gloves. They don't work!

by Anonymousreply 597February 19, 2023 5:34 PM

Meghan is plotting away. I saw a line (I can't remember the article) yesterday from a "source close to the couple" that said, "While Meg can see the humor and fun in the show, Harry does not and has been trying to reach the producers of South Park who are said to have refused his call'.

Yeah, right! Meghan portrayed as soulless, attention seeking bitch can see the humor in it? I don't think so. I think we are in the phase where Meg is going to separate herself from Harry while still winding him up to take action.

by Anonymousreply 598February 19, 2023 5:36 PM

The BAFTAs are the kinds of events the Harkle dimbims could have enjoyed attending, if they hadn't been such stupid idiots.

by Anonymousreply 599February 19, 2023 5:37 PM

I like her earrings. Normally, I don't like something that large. Eyebrows tad overdone. Gloves, no.

by Anonymousreply 600February 19, 2023 5:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!