Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rick and Morty and Solar Opposites creator/actor Justin Roiland charged with beating and imprisoning girlfriend

This makes me sad, I love his gay-coded character Korvo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2023 1:02 AM

It sounds like this was known in the industry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2023 10:13 PM

FIRED

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2023 9:34 PM

Fired by Hulu

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2023 5:08 PM

🥺 So I guess they will make Rick Prime the star now or maybe Space Beth? Solar Opposites can just do all wall all the time.

by Anonymousreply 4January 26, 2023 2:04 PM

Can tell by his eyewear that’s a pos.

by Anonymousreply 5January 26, 2023 4:36 PM

The show is completely based around him, his writing, and his voice acting. The show is DOA.

by Anonymousreply 6January 26, 2023 4:56 PM

R6 - you’re spot on. I love the show. But I think it’s good as dead.

by Anonymousreply 7January 26, 2023 6:40 PM

Good article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 7, 2023 7:14 PM

he had been doing the socjus "nice guy" routine for a while... which has become a trope of his own, but then he made a non-pc joke about Rick & Morty and the tumblr fandoms went after him.

if I was bothering with twit, they'd likely be gloating and bringing up all the dirt.

by Anonymousreply 9February 7, 2023 7:23 PM

^ a trope of its own.. the nice guy trope has become the one step solution to becoming an mtgow incel and all the stereotypes contained therein.

by Anonymousreply 10February 7, 2023 7:24 PM

r7 it likely needed to die, they were out of steam and turning into what they hate (family guy)

by Anonymousreply 11February 7, 2023 7:26 PM

Agree with R5. Never met a guy who wears eyeglasses like that who wasn't a total dirtbag.

by Anonymousreply 12February 7, 2023 7:42 PM

I'm a big Rick & Morty fan, and this was definitely well-known in the fandom.

by Anonymousreply 13February 7, 2023 8:03 PM

Rick and Morty is pretty clever and spot on with its snark and cynicism. Justin Roiland seems like a pretty fucked up dude. Didn't he get canceled when those baby raping clips surfaced on social media?

by Anonymousreply 14February 7, 2023 8:31 PM

Case dismissed.

[quote]The domestic violence case against Roiland was dismissed Wednesday morning in Orange County. A spokesperson for the District Attorney tells us it was dismissed because there was insufficient evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 23, 2023 12:41 AM

Damn he looks like my sister’s prick of a nice guy boyfriend who threw her against the wall and choked her. And sent her obsessive self pitying/rage fueled texts for months after she left him. She lost several friends who couldn’t believe a nice guy (in shitty eyewear) would do such a thing.

But I guess Justin Roiland IS a nice guy, huh.

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2023 1:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!