Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cybill Shepherd

A train wreck, pushing her new movie with Steve Fucking Guttenberg.

Is she on "medicine"?

And is Steve hiding a goiter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2023 5:12 AM

Looks like a total shitshow. I'm gonna watch the hell out of it.

George must've had a boyhood crush on Cybill. I've never seen him so smiley and giggly.

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2023 2:09 PM

Steve was hot as hell for a few decades there.

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2023 2:10 PM

He was so cute on that episode of Party Down

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2023 2:34 PM

Shepherd came into my store in the mid-2000s, when she was filming a movie in my town (I think a TV movie at the time). It was December, and she asked me to help her pick out Christmas gifts for her daughter, Clem. She was a hoot! She was very nice and very charming - and a little sloshed at 2 in the afternoon. For whaterver reason, she started spilling the tea on different celebrities in Hollywood in a very disjointed conversation. (Thankfully, when she came in I didn't have many customers in the store at that hour - so we were left alone and no one could really hear her except for my sales help).

I forgot what she was saying about most of the celebs she was name dropping (mostly negative stuff, though), but I do remember she brought up Oprah - said 'everyone in Hollywood hated Oprah, and they were only kissing her ass to be booked on her show when they had something to promote'. She told me when her movie was to be released the following fall, her agent would book her on Oprah...and she, too, will be kissing her ass. 'But remember when you watch the interview - I actually hate her !' The two of us couldn't stop laughing when she said that. (I don't believe she was ever bookd on Oprah the following year).

BTW, she put aside thousands of dollars of gifts for 'Clem' and they were to be shipped to her winter home in Aspen, where they were spending Christmas (she gave me the address). However, she was supposed to call me with the CC number she wanted to use (she claimed she didn't have enough cash on her), I gave her my business card and she never called; waited a few days. So I had to put everything away. I didn't mind - I have the stories to tell 20 years later.

(Side note - for some strange reason I saw her CD she released a few years earlier in the bargain bin at a used record store nearby a few months earlier. I couldn't pass it up for 99 cents! I never played it, but had it in my back room with my CD collection. I asked her to sign the cover - she was thrilled. I had to scrape off the 99 cents price sticker before I brought it out front to her. She said to me, "So you're the guy who bought my CD ! My agent told me we sold one copy." She had a sense of humor about her self.)

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2023 2:42 PM

R4, that is a good story. I actually always got the feeling that Cybil came off much worse on tv than she would in real life.

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2023 2:53 PM

R5 she was hilarious - very down to earth and entertaining. I wll never forget those words, "But remember - I actually hate her!" and she emphasized 'hate'.

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2023 2:58 PM

I first learned about the story which forms the basis of this film in the youtube clip below. It’s a sad story of a stupid killing, but the bitchy delivery of the presenter and his hilarious take on the murderer is really worth a watch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2023 3:09 PM

She looks pretty cute in that still photo, OP.

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2023 4:32 PM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2023 4:17 AM

In their prime those two were hotter than everyone currently logged onto the DL combined.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2023 4:48 AM

Jesus Christ, Cybil is OUT IF IT. And here she goes with Elvis again.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2023 5:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!