Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do you think of Janet Leigh's looks?

How does she rate on DL? It's funny I know she's Jamie Lee Curtis's mother but I hardly see a resemblance. Jamie Lee has a different kind of beauty but Janet was more blonde bombshell. Your thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 1, 2023 10:28 PM

Crudely: total piece of ass

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2023 1:13 AM

I completely agree R1. She was a babe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2023 1:19 AM

She was all woman.

Wish I could say the same for all the other members of the family I could mention but won't because privacy is everything.

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2023 1:30 AM

Face was okay/pretty (like a nice PTA mom), boobs spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2023 1:38 AM

The wholesome, pretty Girl Next Door with big tits.Very much in the mold of Jeanne Crain.

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2023 1:40 AM

She was at her best during the years she was married to Tony Curtis. My god they were a sexy couple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2023 1:43 AM

She had a spectacular rack and great body but her face wasn’t anything special.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2023 1:56 AM

Tony Curtis was part Latino or Sicilian or something like that right? He had kind of a swarthy look to him. He was so sexy. I bet he had a thick beer can cock.

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2023 2:00 AM

His parents were Hungarian-Jewish emigrants from Hungary.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2023 2:02 AM

Thanks R9 I wouldn't have guessed. He tanned real well I guess that's why I assumed he was more ethnic.

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2023 2:06 AM

She's gorgeous in that photo. Much prettier than Jamie Lee.

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2023 2:09 AM

Janet was the girl next door, if next door was "The Pink Pussycat."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2023 2:12 AM

Brittle, good looks.

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2023 2:24 AM

Norma Shearer discovered her.

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2023 2:25 AM

Jamie Lee has no kind of beauty.

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2023 2:27 AM

R10 Can one be any more ethnic than Hungarian-Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2023 2:28 AM

Lovely photo, R 12. When young, Jamie Lee had her mother’s body but a long horse face.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2023 2:30 AM

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2023 2:30 AM

She aged well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2023 2:35 AM

Laurie Strode eat your heart out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2023 3:10 AM

Yes you can R16. That's why I asked out loud if he was part Latino because he's a dead ringer for my Puerto Rican neighbor whose from New York like Tony was. Or maybe Italian like Sophia Loren.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2023 3:30 AM

I'm watching her now in a Columbo episode. I never realized how extremely small framed she was.

It's unfortunate for her horse-faced daughter that she doesn't resemble her.

by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2023 9:48 PM

I remember her very surprised looking face in her latter years.

by Anonymousreply 23February 28, 2023 9:56 PM

I thought the Looks troll was banned

by Anonymousreply 24February 28, 2023 10:10 PM

[quote] What do you think of Janet Leigh's looks

I ignore this woman. Very short, basic and bland.

I didn't care for a moment when her character was cut short in her only interesting film.

Her only claim to my interest is when her wide-faced visage occupies the screen to accompany this fantastic all-string score by Bernard Hermann.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2023 10:21 PM

Here are some even earlier pics of her in her film debut, 1947's THE ROMANCE OF ROSY RIDGE with noted heterosexualist practitioner, Van Johnson.

Leigh and Johnson did a few films together, and it's interesting to see them aged a bit in 1953's CONFIDENTIALLY CONNIE (aka Confidential Cunnilingus) all the way through something like 1963's WIVES AND LOVERS.

She went through her Curtis supercouple period. Then PSYCHO was 1960, MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE was 1962, BIRDIE and the black wig were 1963,

She'd started to have subtle work done by then (I think), or maybe was using other tricks, but her face still moved and didn't look horribly pinched.

But by 1969's HELLO DOWN THERE she started to look a bit carved/hard.

She was very beautiful for a very long time, and one of the nicest of the classic Hollywood stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2023 10:21 PM

I'm adopted

by Anonymousreply 27February 28, 2023 10:22 PM

Girdles & Angora

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 28, 2023 11:20 PM

She was quite beautiful, but after the 80's, she started looking almost sickly thin and like a little old lady. She looked like you could snap her in half if you blew on her. I think she might have suffered from an eating disorder which would explain her eerily thin body for the rest of her life. Thankfully, Jamie Lee appears to still eat and looks all the better for it.

by Anonymousreply 29March 1, 2023 12:02 AM

Norma Shearer saw a photo of her and immediately thought that girl ought to be in pictures. I think it was Shearer's interest in her that got Leigh's career started.

by Anonymousreply 30March 1, 2023 12:03 AM

R30 = The bland leading the bland.

by Anonymousreply 31March 1, 2023 12:05 AM

R22 /r29 she had admitted to a life long eating disorder. Her death was in part attributed to it.

Did she get a nose job or was it just naturally pinched like that?

by Anonymousreply 32March 1, 2023 12:55 AM

[quote]What do you think of Janet Leigh's looks?

Now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 1, 2023 1:04 AM

R25 Only interesting film? 'Manchurian Candidate' and 'Touch of Evil' were run of the mill? The women was in three movies considered classics. Not a bad resume for someone basic and bland.

by Anonymousreply 34March 1, 2023 1:31 AM

Looks troll, I know for a fact you dont have a boyfriend.

No one could stand your obsessive personality for more than a few days.

by Anonymousreply 35March 1, 2023 1:39 AM

R34 She didn't make those two interesting films better.

She was in them as a symbol of bland, bourgeois, innocent American, white, wifeliness in contrast to the creepy villains and Mexicans.

by Anonymousreply 36March 1, 2023 1:47 AM

Jamie looks amazing in these new photos. She's aged better than her mother, who looked so brittle as she got older.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 1, 2023 2:13 AM

She was very pretty, much better looking than Jamie Lee.

by Anonymousreply 38March 1, 2023 2:14 AM

R37 she looks much better for her age now then she did as a youngin, that’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 39March 1, 2023 2:17 AM

Janet was starting to get a hump when she starred in The Fog. There's a couple of scenes with her and Nancy Loomis where she's shot from the back and you can see her hump.

by Anonymousreply 40March 1, 2023 2:24 AM

Janet Leigh's problem was over-exposure to the sun all those years. Her skin at the end was like a leather hide. The excessive smoking didn't help either.

by Anonymousreply 41March 1, 2023 2:31 AM

Supposedly Norma Shearer saw Leigh's photo at a ski resort owned by Leigh's family. Norma then arranged a screen test at MGM, where she still pulled a lot of weight.

Leigh was under contract there for the standard 7 years but was typed in boring girl-next-door roles in lots of B films and it wasn't until she left MGM and went independent that she started getting offered more interesting roles.

True, she was never the real star of any of her films, always supporting the leading men, but she did that quite admirably.

by Anonymousreply 42March 1, 2023 2:36 AM

Poor Janet would have been incapable of carrying a complete film.

A B-film perhaps, but not a million-dollar movie. She should have done a Gene Tierney and tried her luck in England.

by Anonymousreply 43March 1, 2023 2:47 AM

Skank

by Anonymousreply 44March 1, 2023 2:50 AM

They didn't own the ski resort, they worked there. She came from a working class background.

by Anonymousreply 45March 1, 2023 2:55 AM

Tony’s mom was from what is now Slovakia, but was part of the Hungarian empire at the time.

by Anonymousreply 46March 1, 2023 3:13 AM

[quote]Norma Shearer saw a photo of her and immediately thought that girl ought to be in pictures. I think it was Shearer's interest in her that got Leigh's career started.

Well, that wasn't Norma's first thought.

Norma had a particularly bad case of the crabs and she wondered if she could use the corners of Janet's photo to scratch her cooter...

by Anonymousreply 47March 1, 2023 3:15 AM

Janet Leigh always had sort of a heart shaped face.

by Anonymousreply 48March 1, 2023 3:21 AM

^ But it wasn't a pretty heart shape like Olivia's. She had prominent cheekbones but blank-looking eyes.

by Anonymousreply 49March 1, 2023 3:26 AM

She worked those blank looking eyes to great effect in "Psycho." Marion Crane is lost, and Leigh captures her sadness and emptiness perfectly. Great performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 1, 2023 6:46 AM

[quote] Marion Crane is lost

She was breaking two of the Ten Commandments.

And her name tells us she was bird figure that the taxidermist Bates wanted to stuff.

by Anonymousreply 51March 1, 2023 8:35 AM

R37 It’s not fair but men often age better than women.

by Anonymousreply 52March 1, 2023 12:12 PM

Howard Hughes must have been totally obsessed with her breasts. The classic Christmas movie THE HOLIDAY AFFAIR 49) is made bizarre by the extreme bullet bras she wears. (She's supposed to be a nice single mother-war widow).

by Anonymousreply 53March 1, 2023 12:48 PM

The "What do you think of" threads are always about something I never think of.

by Anonymousreply 54March 1, 2023 12:58 PM

Major ta-tas. She has a face?

by Anonymousreply 55March 1, 2023 9:28 PM

I never thought of Janet as a great beauty, she was a far cry from Hitchcock blondes. But she had a great, subtle performance in Psycho.

Tony Curtis was not my type, but was a very attractive man.

Their daughter was, and is, a perfectly normal, agreeable looking woman, but either parent was more good looking than her.

by Anonymousreply 56March 1, 2023 9:40 PM

Was Hitchcock blonde Tippi Hedren really so much more beautiful than Janet Leigh, r56?

by Anonymousreply 57March 1, 2023 10:19 PM

Janet Leigh has spoken a lot about Howard Hughes. Here's an example from 20.29.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 1, 2023 10:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!