Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Asshole sprays homeless woman with water hose, then apologizes: "I'm very sorry!"

A viral video showing an art gallery owner spraying an unhoused woman with a hose has sparked widespread backlash across the internet.

In the 14-second video, a San Francisco man who's been identified by multiple outlets as Collier Gwin is seen blasting a heavy jet of water on a woman sitting on the street. "Hey! Just move! Move!" Gwin could be heard telling the woman after turning the hose off.

The clip was first posted on TikTok by @briochesf, an account for the San Francisco eatery Brioche Bakery & Cafe, although the video does not appear to be on the page anymore. It was reposted earlier this week to Twitter and Reddit, where it went hugely viral, garnering over 16 million views and 40,000 upvotes, respectively.

When confronted on Tuesday, Gwin told SFGATE that he has no second thoughts about his actions and he felt it was justified. "In that situation, the street was being washed and she refused to move. She started screaming profanities, and becoming very belligerent," Gwin told the outlet.

However, on Wednesday, he seemed to change his tune. Gwin told CBS-affiliate KPIX-5 that he was "very, very sorry" and he was "not going to defend" himself this time. He claimed he made an extensive effort to help her out before.

Barbarossa Lounge, a cocktail bar that can be seen in the infamous footage, put out a statement on Tuesday denouncing Gwin's actions. The business said it is "in no way associated with the inhumane actions portrayed in the video."

"We are extremely disappointed in this individual's behavior and in no way support such actions," the statement read.

Gwin has drawn widespread backlash. Many online are even calling for his arrest.

"This is absolutely disgusting," Dean Preston, the supervisor for San Francisco's District 5, tweeted in response. The Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area and the ACLU of Northern California told SFGATE they believe Gwin's actions constitute assault.

The San Francisco Police Department told the outlet that both Gwin and the woman on the street "declined further police action" after the incident, but that the SFPD is still investigating the matter. The department did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

Over the last few days, internet users are bombarding the Google and Yelp profiles of Gwin's gallery, Foster Gwin Gallery, with acrimonious 1-star reviews. The website for his business is currently down for "scheduled maintenance," a notice read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140January 26, 2023 5:36 AM

Who could be more woke than an art gallery owner in San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2023 12:11 AM

I'm guessing he's a DL'er.

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2023 12:13 AM

What an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2023 12:14 AM

He's going to be crucified, his business is going to be targeted, and his old miserable life as he knows it is effectively over.

That was a very, very bad choice he made.

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2023 12:16 AM

I get it, living with urban decay is draining, but this was inhuman and indefensible. What's more, once this guy probably was the last type of person to do something like this. Something made him lose sense. It isn't an excuse or cutting him slack. What he did is painful to watch, for its wickedness. But something happened and I don't mean the crazy lady out front of his store. There's the story of what he did and the story of how het turned into that lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2023 12:18 AM

There are video of people being good human beings to other people when they are down. This is a prime example of people being horrible human beings and mistreating others who can use our help.

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2023 12:19 AM

And that mock non-chalant way he’s standing in the first picture. Just insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2023 12:20 AM

Exactly, r7. The little cross-legged pose.

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2023 12:21 AM

r5 = the ghost of Dostoevsky

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2023 12:24 AM

Are we no longer allowed to say "homeless"?

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2023 12:24 AM

He's a gallery owner, so who gives a fuck?

But street-facing businesses are often the ones who have to put up with the consequences of SF's wide-open "Come and Be Yourselves on Our Sidewalks!" attitude. The city's permissiveness and juicy social services draw bums from all over the country, and they don't simply sit on a sidewalk all day. They shoplift. They start fires. They shit in the street. They break into cars and homes and steal things to fund drug habits and alcoholism. Many are severely mentally ill and unmedicated. Who is left to clean up all this mess? Not the city's millionaire liberal elites, voting severe-left Democrat from behind their security fences. They never have to hose human shit off their sidewalk or file yet another insurance claim because a Cleveland-born heroin addict broke in and shot up in the backseat.

Hosing this woman down with water is absolutely the wrong thing to do. But he's probably simply fed up with this beloved city turning into America's toilet for junkies, schizos, street kids, and anarchists who delight in destroying other people's belongings.

He should leave SF and take his "business" with him. let the bums smash through the vacant windows and squat in the old gallery until some millionaire corporate owner swoops in, buys it, and makes it an even gaudier art gallery, all while the city sinks even deeper into human sewage.

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2023 12:24 AM

Unfortunately, this is what can happen if you are subjected to this on a regular basis. Yes, it is mean but having to put up with this for a number of years in NY's Hell's Kitchen before the landlord put a fence and gate around the front stoop it's understandable especially if it's in front of a business.

Ofttimes, I had to step over them to get in or out of the building, they continually left garbage behind, and they would often go through the garbage cans which were in front of the building creating another mess that would attract rats. They also smoked which caused concern that they might fall asleep and cause a fire. In the cold weather they would ring doorbells in an attempt to get into the building but fortunately we had an intercom system.

I wonder how others from SF feel about this. Maybe they recognize a persistent problem and what in turn could that man do to help them? It isn't always the same person I assume and even if you persuade them to go, I bet they or others will return.

People have a breaking point and become frustrated.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2023 12:26 AM

Being an "art gallery owner" is different from being an artist. I worked in an art gallery before. My boss was an asshole, not liberal as far as politics. I don't know if he would have hosed down a homeless woman, but he was a cold person.

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2023 12:28 AM

[quote] Something made him lose sense

The smell of feces.

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2023 12:29 AM

[quote] Are we no longer allowed to say "homeless"?

Absolutely not

You must say Houseless

Roofless

Unhoused

Dispossessed

Roof disadvantaged

Sleeping Bag Americans

And if you don't you're a MAGAT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2023 12:31 AM

True R14 often the presence of shit and piss were apparent. This article from nearly 2 years ago resonated with me. It was during the height of the pandemic. I haven't lived in HK since 2006

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2023 12:32 AM

So what if the language changes.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2023 12:32 AM

I don't want to buy fresh brioche with the smell of excrement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2023 12:32 AM

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

It does so without being told.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2023 12:35 AM

I'm very, like, sorry, but can you like literally, just be like unhoused somewhere else because I'm like literally super supportive, but like literally just not like right here in front of my like store, literally. But I'm super sorry.

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2023 12:35 AM

My gorge rises when I put fresh pastry to my mouth and smell ordure.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2023 12:37 AM

R13 Bless your heart, try to find a point in there somewhere. When you grow a spine, it'll be ok to have your very own opinion! It will feel great!

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2023 12:37 AM

Unhoused, but not unhosed.

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2023 12:37 AM

R20 like literally

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2023 12:37 AM

Hitler was an artist, wasn't he?

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2023 12:38 AM

Thanks for sharing, Karen OP Dullsville.

Your brain is unhoused.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2023 12:39 AM

She’s just like you and me…..

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2023 12:40 AM

Since the Reagan revolution of the 1980s and Republican tax cut mania and their zealous cutting of social services preventing investment in this nation's infrastructure all the while increasing defence spending to ridiculous levels has caused the housing problems in this country. When local government tries to do SOMETHING Republican lawmakers slap them down.

by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2023 12:47 AM

Has Paul Pelosi commented?

by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2023 12:47 AM

[quote] Not the city's millionaire liberal elites, voting severe-left Democrat from behind their security fences.

How about the multi-billionaire Republican elites who closed down the state's mental hospitals? How have their policies been faring thus far?

by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2023 12:47 AM

[quote] Since the Reagan revolution of the 1980s

You're talking about 40 years ago. What have the democrats done about this issue over the last 4 decades?

by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2023 12:49 AM

As a lifelong New Yorker I see homeless people almost every day. The type of homeless runs the gamut from normal people who had a streak of bad luck such as job loss, eviction, illness, etc to drug addicts, to those with mental disorders, or just a victim of the housing system. I often engage them, talk to them about their situation and how they are managing. I often give them some money or make recommendations on what they can do. Sometimes just a person taking an interest in them can make their day. But I would never say or do anything negative towards them.

by Anonymousreply 32January 12, 2023 12:49 AM

[quote] What have the democrats done about this issue over the last 4 decades?

R31, what have the Republicans ever done about homelessness or rising real estate prices or stagnating wages?

by Anonymousreply 33January 12, 2023 12:50 AM

What have the Americans done about this issue over the last 4 decades?

by Anonymousreply 34January 12, 2023 12:51 AM

[quote] You're talking about 40 years ago. What have the democrats done about this issue over the last 4 decades?

What have the Republicans done?

by Anonymousreply 35January 12, 2023 12:52 AM

R34, what a dodge of a question.

by Anonymousreply 36January 12, 2023 12:53 AM

[quote]unhoused

Thank you for making homelessness sound so much more pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 37January 12, 2023 12:55 AM

Man you know it's kind of good when people do stuff like this because then people actually care and that lady may get some help rather than just wasting away on the streets so in a way he kind of did her a favor cruel as it may be.

by Anonymousreply 38January 12, 2023 12:55 AM

Like it kind of reminded me of how this guy just totally wiped out his wife and like seven kids last week and everybody's tripping over themselves to be sad about it and how terrible for this woman and her poor children and how she filed for divorce and was possibly an abusive relationship and like so what. Had she left him she would have been going through hell trying to be a single woman raising that many children on her own and society would not have been kind or made things easy on her in any way. So I pretend we care that he killed them when their lives already had no value to us.

by Anonymousreply 39January 12, 2023 12:57 AM

R33 Answering a question with a mirrored question is no substitute for an actual answer.

The truth is that no one has done anything of substance to solve this crisis. If anything, elected leaders are actively making it worse. So are the voters.

San Francisco could build low-cost housing and more shelters. But who's going to pay for it? Who wants to live next to it? Who wants to "ruin the viewsheds" of residents?

They could also get tough on homelessness and tell these people from outside the region to fuck off before flooding in to scoop up those social services. Fort Worth and Orlando and Cincinnati have homelessness, too. Every major city does. But most of them make themselves unpalatable to the chronically homeless, and give the message of "We'll feed you in a crisis, but get a job or be on your way."

by Anonymousreply 40January 12, 2023 12:57 AM

R38, you forgot to sign your post, Barbara Bush.

by Anonymousreply 41January 12, 2023 1:00 AM

R40, isn't it too bad that the cities you mention as examples are in horrible, regressive fucking states (Texas, Florida, Ohio) with no lack of a million other terrible GOP-led things happening there at this very moment?

by Anonymousreply 42January 12, 2023 1:00 AM

R42 California, Oregon, and Washington are proudly deep-blue states, but despite those states' big hearts and high taxes, they haven't managed to get a handle on this shit. If anything, they're worse at it than the wingnuts who run the South. At least the cruel states are low-tax, and aren't squandering people's money on bullshit initiatives that never work.

Don't try to change the subject to rant about abortion or guns or school prayer. The issue is homelessness, and the West Coast being a magnet for it based on the colorful policies of their elected leaders.

by Anonymousreply 43January 12, 2023 1:03 AM

[quote] they haven't managed to get a handle on this shit.

Metaphorically speaking, R43.

by Anonymousreply 44January 12, 2023 1:06 AM

R43, perhaps you should consider moving to the low-tax cruel states -- you seem to share a deep admiration for their values and the way they handle their money.

by Anonymousreply 45January 12, 2023 1:07 AM

And while people go on back and forth about the endless debate over who's responsible Democrats or Republicans what about the people who still have to live with this every day in their neighborhood perhaps outside of their home or business? if you looked at the article @ R16 many of the homeless were put up in hotels but that but that didn't stop them from going outside shooting up on the street. Some of these people simply do not want help or resist going to shelters or hospitals.

-NYPD data shows the area’s homeless hotels have already become quality-of-life hellscapes.

-Police, EMS and fire have responded to 233 calls already this year at Spring Hill Suites on West 36th Street, compared with just 22 calls at the same time last year when the city began moving shelter residents into hotels in April.

-At the Four Points Sheraton on West 40th, the number of 911 calls has grown from 54 to 198.

-At the now notorious Skyline Hotel on 10th Avenue, police have already responded to 392 calls in 2021 — nearly four per day — compared with 72 at the same time last year.

by Anonymousreply 46January 12, 2023 1:08 AM

R45 Already have. Every state has homelessness, poverty, and despair. But only certain states are ruled by a clown car of slick-haired morons who take your money, promise the moon, and never do sweet fuck-all to actually help anyone.

At least I'm not being grifted by my witless, heartless, hot wheels of a governor into thinking I've solved a crisis that is very clearly still burning.

by Anonymousreply 47January 12, 2023 1:09 AM

R47, what state did you move to?

by Anonymousreply 48January 12, 2023 1:11 AM

[quote] my witless, heartless, hot wheels of a governor

Who? ?

by Anonymousreply 49January 12, 2023 1:12 AM

I hope he loses everything over this. You don’t have to give the homeless money but why go out of your way to harm someone that’s just cold

by Anonymousreply 50January 12, 2023 1:12 AM

[quote] harm someone

Water is 'harmful'?

by Anonymousreply 51January 12, 2023 1:13 AM

R51 Can I hose you with water and you just stay in soaked clothes outside all day? Then tell me whether you find it acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 52January 12, 2023 1:14 AM

R49, that sounds like he's talking about the brain-dead and paraplegic Abbott -- which, don't even get me started on that dumpster fire of a state.

by Anonymousreply 53January 12, 2023 1:16 AM

I once poured a bucket of water on top of a loud drunk from our second-story condo.

Lesson learned - even when drunk, an angry bum can throw an empty gin bottle hard enough to break a second-floor window.

by Anonymousreply 54January 12, 2023 1:16 AM

R54 I mean, if you're gonna throw something on a drunken stranger from ten feet up, consider the consequences. Also, consider something a little more saucy than just plain water.

Either mind your own business, or get really weird with it.

by Anonymousreply 55January 12, 2023 1:25 AM

Tell us more about your new state, R47. :)

by Anonymousreply 56January 12, 2023 1:27 AM

R56 Oh, like most of America, it's a fading shit hole. Ridiculous weather, endless traffic jams and dipshit drivers, home prices through the roof, wine-drunk suburban moms who wreck their behemoth cars at the Ulta Beauty, shit-kickers in red hats with giant flags in the back of their bro-dozer pickups, and a silent underclass of abused immigrants shuffling around to clean it all up.

But we don't have 49 states sending us their homeless and their mental cases to shit on our sidewalks and do junk in unguarded doorways. We don't have a ruling class of do-gooders boosting their own careers by spending our scarce tax dollars on flashy bullshit that shuts down as soon as the cameras are turned off. We're less dishonest with ourselves about the crisis of homelessness.

by Anonymousreply 57January 12, 2023 1:31 AM

R57, how cagey and evasive of you. It's almost like you're ashamed to say where you moved to.

by Anonymousreply 58January 12, 2023 1:33 AM

Sorry R47, but Hot Wheels Abbott is grifting us in other ways. Like $20M so that migrants get a free transportation to another state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 12, 2023 1:35 AM

R58 Why do you so desperately want to know? Is it because you can't rebut my arguments, so you're digging around for material to launch a juicy ad hominem against me based on my mailing address?

"Yeah, well, your governor wears white rubber boots!"

"Yeah, well, your state had a power outage in a blizzard!"

"You're a fool. Your state banned abortion and has lousy schools, so your views on homelessness are utterly devoid of merit!"

by Anonymousreply 60January 12, 2023 1:38 AM

R60, I think the bigger question is why you're so reticent to admit where you moved to?

I mean, you just congratulated the states of Texas, Florida, and Ohio on a job well-done, so anybody with an IQ over 100 can tell that you have an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 61January 12, 2023 1:42 AM

This is really interesting.

by Anonymousreply 62January 12, 2023 1:44 AM

R37 That'll fix it, right?

by Anonymousreply 63January 12, 2023 1:45 AM

Water?

My cousin has gone to Paradise and the saints are showering her with water!

by Anonymousreply 64January 12, 2023 1:45 AM

R61 Maybe I just don't trust the unemployable lunatics of DL to stop at that one piece of information. You might find out where I live, and mail dead cats to my doorstep. You might find out where I work, and tell my boss I molested all the children on your ice cream truck route. Who the hell knows what a sick cunt with an axe to grind and unlimited free time in the day might do to get even with a stranger on the internet?

But this is all a cute distraction, isn't it? You don't want to talk about homelessness, or what works or doesn't work on the issue, or who might need to change in order for this to get better. You're too busy trying to nab my zip code, for some sick reason.

by Anonymousreply 65January 12, 2023 1:46 AM

[quote] the unemployable lunatics of DL

30% of DL are unemployable and 50% are post-employment.

by Anonymousreply 66January 12, 2023 1:49 AM

[quote] How about the multi-billionaire Republican elites who closed down the state's mental hospitals?

The ACLU is Republican now?

by Anonymousreply 67January 12, 2023 1:49 AM

R65, what you are is a blithering, both-sidesism dumbass who is ashamed to admit what state he's from because it's some GOP shithole.

by Anonymousreply 68January 12, 2023 1:50 AM

[quote] I hope he loses everything over this. You don’t have to give the homeless money but why go out of your way to harm someone that’s just cold

Perhaps this same person is shitting on his property every day.

by Anonymousreply 69January 12, 2023 1:51 AM

And nobody cares about your job at Publix.

by Anonymousreply 70January 12, 2023 1:51 AM

I mean - R60 is kind of right

by Anonymousreply 71January 12, 2023 1:52 AM

R66 And of the remaining 20%, how many are sober enough to drive right now?

And R68 I never said I was "from" some GOP shit hole, or that I voted for those policies. Merely that I'm glad I don't live in a place that glorifies some empty concept of social justice that really only results in getting stabbed by junkies anytime I try to enter a Walgreens. I never said my location didn't have problems. In fact, I listed quite a few of them. I'm not ashamed to live somewhere that gives people the bum's rush. I'm not ashamed to work for a living, and want nice things to stay nice.

The ashamed one seems to be you, given how eager you are to discuss anything but the busted system that perpetuates this kind of human misery on the streets of America's most beautiful city.

by Anonymousreply 72January 12, 2023 1:54 AM

Did the homeless woman have flies around her pussy?

by Anonymousreply 73January 12, 2023 1:54 AM

R28 So you're blaming Reagan for shutting down the mental hospitals.

Do you blame Reagan for shutting down the mental hospitals in England and Australia at the same time as well?

by Anonymousreply 74January 12, 2023 1:56 AM

[quote] I never said I was "from" some GOP shit hole,

You don't have to say it. Any idiot can read between the lines of what you're trying to say in your posts.

by Anonymousreply 75January 12, 2023 1:56 AM

If more people did this, you could get rid of these people.

by Anonymousreply 76January 12, 2023 1:56 AM

[quote]Are we no longer allowed to say "homeless"?

Yes, trollina, didn't you hear? The Ministry of Thought issued the edict today, under order of King Biden I, retroactive immediately. The Speech Police are headed to your home now to drag you off to the Reeducation Center. Don't resist. You know the penalty for resisting is death.

by Anonymousreply 77January 12, 2023 1:57 AM

R74 R28 Reagan and other state governors did indeed close many mental hospitals, but that was in the late 1960s and not in the 1980s. And it wasn't because of some wingnut budget-cutting measure. It was due to a confluence of expert testimony, policy reforms, and court orders mandating a reform of the mental health system. Experts collectively decided it was cruel, expensive, and counterproductive to warehouse the mentally ill, and many were ordered released. Most states had no real plan to processing those released, or filling the gaps for people who still needed outpatient psychiatric treatment. They never finished solving the problem. They just cracked the egg wide open and let it cook on the sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 78January 12, 2023 1:59 AM

R79 Your last sentence is an excellent metaphor!

by Anonymousreply 79January 12, 2023 2:04 AM

R79 Thanks. Glad to know I can contribute something more than endless cuntery and caginess about my home state.

by Anonymousreply 80January 12, 2023 2:06 AM

R79 Your whole post sound very sensible.

by Anonymousreply 81January 12, 2023 2:09 AM

R79 Your post is the greatest thing I ever read in my life!

by Anonymousreply 82January 12, 2023 2:10 AM

I love all the replies to self. "Your post is great." "Thank you." "You're welcome."

Do you speak to yourself at home this way as well?

by Anonymousreply 83January 12, 2023 2:13 AM

R79 I just came in my pants! You are God Incarnate, forever to rule over us all!

by Anonymousreply 84January 12, 2023 2:15 AM

R79 Your post is better than sex itself!

by Anonymousreply 85January 12, 2023 2:15 AM

R79 Your post changed my life!!!

by Anonymousreply 86January 12, 2023 2:16 AM

Hail R79! God is dead! R79 lives! The year is One! Hail R79!

by Anonymousreply 87January 12, 2023 2:19 AM

R65, ahh, yes, so concerned about saying what state you moved to and yet here you are flapping your fat mouth around.

by Anonymousreply 88January 12, 2023 2:33 AM

[quote] And that mock non-chalant way he’s standing in the first picture. Just insufferable.

How dare he stand like that! So rude!

by Anonymousreply 89January 12, 2023 2:44 AM

"State governors did indeed close many mental hospitals … due to a confluence of expert testimony, policy reforms, and court orders mandating a reform of the mental health system"

And also, I heard that, the patients could rely on the new Chlorpromazine/Thorazine /psychotropics (typically made of synthetic chemical compounds) and move into ‘community care’.

by Anonymousreply 90January 12, 2023 2:54 AM

R90 Maybe so, but that depends on a number of factors the state systems stopped caring to consider:

1) The patient has to have the mental clarity to adhere to a medication regimen

2) The patient has to have the financial means to pay for medical visits and prescription refills - Medicaid in some states can help with this, but it's not universal

3) The patient has to have the innate and self-motivating desire to seek help, obey instructions, and enter outpatient treatment that's largely self-managed

4) The patient should ideally have a support system of friends or family to monitor medication adherence, behavior, and socialization

Some locked-away mental patients can indeed care for themselves in this independent model. But many simply cannot. They go off their meds. They lose their home and job. They wander off one day, not knowing who or where they are, and become disoriented and occasionally violent. Outpatient care is not a cure-all, and the states did a horrendous disservice to these people by simply turning them loose and assuming charities, the private sector, and people's families would pick it all up. Many of them became homeless, and many of today's mentally ill end up the same way because the system is now more cracks than solid ground.

by Anonymousreply 91January 12, 2023 4:29 AM

This country is in sad shape.

by Anonymousreply 92January 12, 2023 5:07 AM

Yes R92.

by Anonymousreply 93January 12, 2023 5:11 AM

[quote] This country is in sad shape.

Yes, R92, we need to make this country great again.

by Anonymousreply 94January 12, 2023 5:34 AM

R73, she's not Melania for God's sake!

by Anonymousreply 95January 12, 2023 5:35 AM

It’s funny how all the welfare states that take more in federal funds than they contribute, are all red states full of whiners who constantly bite the hand that feeds them.

by Anonymousreply 96January 12, 2023 5:44 AM

R96, yes, just like the very chickenshit R72.

by Anonymousreply 97January 12, 2023 5:51 AM

[quote] So you're blaming Reagan for shutting down the mental hospitals. Do you blame Reagan for shutting down the mental hospitals in England and Australia at the same time as well?

The ACLU got them shutdown. California was moving to shut theirs down before Reagan even became governor.

by Anonymousreply 98January 12, 2023 6:10 AM

Vicious old bastard.🖕

by Anonymousreply 99January 12, 2023 7:15 AM

I saw “Asshole sprays” and I was hoping it was a diarrhea thread.

by Anonymousreply 100January 12, 2023 7:34 AM

I saw “Asshole sprays” and I was terrified.

by Anonymousreply 101January 12, 2023 8:20 AM

Oh, DL, never change.

Previous DL threads about homelessness have been 95% horror stories about San Francisco sidewalks full of shit and LA's beautiful beaches turned into tent cities by these monsters.

But suddenly one art gallery owner turns a hose on a psychotic homeless person camping outside his business—which 95% of DLers would love to do—and just because there's a face and name to criticize, suddenly the homeless person is an angel.

(According to local news, the gallery owner and neighboring businesses called social services two dozen times to get her help, and she didn't want it. She wanted to live right there and harass people.)

by Anonymousreply 102January 12, 2023 9:22 AM

DIAGF, R102. More than 2 people post here.

by Anonymousreply 103January 12, 2023 12:24 PM

It is sort of pathetic to be blaming Reagan and Republicans for homelessness when Democrats have been running pretty every major city for decades.

by Anonymousreply 104January 12, 2023 1:12 PM

The west coast states are subject to the 9th circuit court’s rulings. That court must take much of the blame for this intractable problem because they made it some much harder to address.

by Anonymousreply 105January 12, 2023 1:38 PM

Kind of surprised to see as many posts calling the gallery owner an asshole as I'm seeing here.

Based on recent years here at the DL, anyway......

by Anonymousreply 106January 12, 2023 1:42 PM

[quote]Asshole sprays homeless woman with water hose

As opposed to a custard hose, or a creamed corn hose.

by Anonymousreply 107January 12, 2023 1:43 PM

He thought that ho looked a lil dusty.

by Anonymousreply 108January 12, 2023 1:45 PM

He should die in a grease fire though. It's cold in San Fran right now.

by Anonymousreply 109January 12, 2023 4:02 PM

[quote]As opposed to a custard hose, or a creamed corn hose.

Is that a thing?

by Anonymousreply 110January 12, 2023 4:05 PM

[quote]It's cold in San Fran right now.

Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 111January 12, 2023 4:05 PM

R111, grab a shovel, go outside, take a big chunk of that snow and shove it up your fkin arse. And then eff me senseless.

by Anonymousreply 112January 12, 2023 4:08 PM

The woman should be grateful for the free shower.

by Anonymousreply 113January 12, 2023 4:17 PM

These days you couldn't pay me to visit San Francisco or LA. It's just too grim.

by Anonymousreply 114January 12, 2023 4:19 PM

This reminds me of the cunt who threw a homeless man's pet rabbit over a bridge and the man jumping in to save Barney.

Or the detestable drunks who think it's a lark to take a piss on homeless people's sleeping bags

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 12, 2023 4:35 PM

Homeless people skeeve me, not going to lie, mostly because they're mostly crazy. But goddamit you can't go around hosing them or throwing their rabbits into the river. What the fuck is wrong with people? What is missing in you that you'd attack someone's animal?

by Anonymousreply 116January 12, 2023 4:41 PM

R115 Sick, sick people.

The man who saved his rabbit's life has a compelling story. He's been homeless for most of his life, and you'd think with all this media coverage and legal drama, someone might step forward and offer to help him become housed. But perhaps at this point, he's living how he wants to.

by Anonymousreply 117January 12, 2023 4:54 PM

R94 Great? I'd settle for decent. Great seems like a stretch at this point of humanity's downward slide.

by Anonymousreply 118January 12, 2023 9:37 PM

R102 Well if that's the case, he should've doused her with gasoline and lit her on fire. Water ain't going to do shit.

by Anonymousreply 119January 12, 2023 9:39 PM

Water won't do anything. What she needs is a flea dip.

by Anonymousreply 120January 12, 2023 11:59 PM

Arrested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 19, 2023 6:08 AM

That link says the tramp would annoy neighbours by screaming at night.

by Anonymousreply 122January 19, 2023 6:25 AM

[quote] the tramp would annoy neighbours by screaming at night.

It should have been steaming hot water

by Anonymousreply 123January 19, 2023 6:30 AM

One has to be strategic when carrying out official acts!

by Anonymousreply 124January 19, 2023 6:59 AM

[quote]These days you couldn't pay me to visit San Francisco or LA. It's just too grim.

It's not that bad. It has it's perks. You're allowed to shoplift to your heart's content. Just go in the store, pick out everything you want, and walk out with it.

by Anonymousreply 125January 19, 2023 7:00 AM

A misfit like Maggie Smith could be amusing for 100 minutes.

But this never-ending misfit in San Francisco would be hellish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 19, 2023 7:02 AM

His casual stance leaning against the railing while he's nonchalantly hosing down a homeless woman really gets me. Whatever you think about the homeless, nobody deserves this.

I hope this fucking cunt ends up on the street himself after he's lost his livelihood.

by Anonymousreply 127January 19, 2023 7:42 AM

I hope this asshole gets some time in jail (doubtful), and loses business to his art gallery. Prick.

by Anonymousreply 128January 19, 2023 9:09 AM

Perhaps someone who wouldn't mind having this woman camp outside of their business, apartment building or home should go and collect her, and show her where she can set herself up?

But I doubt anyone would do that. I don't condone what this man did, but how else should this situation be resolved if, say, she is making a nuisance of herself and causing quality of life issues for those living, working or running a business in front of where she stays? If the authorities can't seem to do anything to change the situation, and the laws and support system aren't adequate to solve it, either, is there no deterrent possible or allowed? The people she is negatively impacting just have to put up with it until she decides to move on?

by Anonymousreply 129January 19, 2023 10:45 AM

[quote] Perhaps someone who wouldn't mind having this woman camp outside of their business, apartment building or home should go and collect her, and show her where she can set herself up?

That won't happen. Virtue-signallers like to advertise their virtuous thoughts but rarely put them into action.

by Anonymousreply 130January 19, 2023 11:02 AM

I recall reading various posts over the years from SF residents who talked about homeless people taking a shit in front of their houses or in their flower beds, etc. What he did was terrible, but you get the sense that there is a real frustration with the government's inability to deal with this stuff, despite the high taxes.

For whatever it's worth, this isn't a "blue state/nanny government" issue; if you go to downtown Morgantown, WV, there are addicts/homeless staggering around like The Walking Dead. The cops disperse them, but that's not really a fix.

Yes, there are people homeless due to various bad luck circumstances that could probably be helped through some kind of government initiatives, but the chronic, hardcore mentally ill...I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 131January 19, 2023 11:07 AM

Unhoused makes it sound like she was in a home and two people came in and grabbed her and took her out to that spot on the sidewalk.

Like defenestrated.

by Anonymousreply 132January 19, 2023 11:16 AM

In 26 other states, stand your ground laws mean that the business owner or homeowner could just shoot the homeless person on their property and then claim the person was an imminent threat.

Although I guess the homeless person could claim the sidewalk was their home and shoot the home/business owner for threatening them.

by Anonymousreply 133January 19, 2023 11:21 AM

In a war between homeless people and people who contribute something to a place, there really is no contest. Add this to the 5 million per in Reparations and I’d say Sa Francisco is in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 134January 19, 2023 11:37 AM

Only took authorities 10 days to arrest him.

by Anonymousreply 135January 19, 2023 11:45 AM

[quote] It has it's perks.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 136January 19, 2023 2:56 PM

[quote] In 26 other states, stand your ground laws mean that the business owner or homeowner could just shoot the homeless person on their property and then claim the person was an imminent threat.

You really don’t understand how stand your ground laws work. Truly, you don’t.

by Anonymousreply 137January 19, 2023 2:57 PM

R129 You can’t be tactful anymore, it hurts feelings.

by Anonymousreply 138January 19, 2023 2:59 PM

and in New York not be outdone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139January 19, 2023 6:22 PM

L.A.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140January 26, 2023 5:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!