Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Putin is Running Out of Time and Money

[QUOTE]Russian oil revenue collapsed in December, significantly hampering Putin's ability to finance the war in Ukraine. "The EU's oil ban and the oil price cap have finally kicked in, and the impact is as significant as expected.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601February 24, 2023 12:12 PM

Good!

Fuck this POS.

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2023 2:46 PM

And when the Putin gravy train comes to a screeching halt, watch with glee as his America allies like Donald Trump, Lauren Boebert, MTG and Matt Gaetz desert the sinking ship like rats.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2023 2:52 PM

There’s another EU price cap coming next month which will further devastate the Russian economy.

[QUOTE]Lost revenues will rise to $280 million a day when the cap is extended to refined products from Feb. 5, the Helsinki-based Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air said in a report. The research provides further evidence of how the cap imposed by Group of Seven nations — and associated European Union sanctions — are hitting Moscow. Russia’s flagship crude is already selling at less than half international prices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2023 2:55 PM

Haven't they been saying that for years now?

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2023 2:57 PM

No. Why would they have been saying that for years, R4? Russia was one of the largest producers of oil on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2023 3:19 PM

👋👋👋

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2023 3:19 PM

Saying what, R4? That Putin's invasion and attempted annexation of Ukraine was costing Russia dearly on the economic stage? Hardly. Just a few months ago, they were saying that the proposed ban was going to make this a very difficult winter in most of Europe and was likely to fail.

Thank God we have a real leader in mighty Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2023 3:19 PM

R4 it surely feels that way. They're giving us false hopes, every time. Remember when the message was that Russia's military was so badly equipped that the war would be over in a week? Now large parts of Ukraine is turned to rubble. Fuck Putin, and fuck our newspapers who framed something as horrible and unpredictable as war as a walk in the park. There must be a better solution than sending weapons and more weapons. Take out Putin, send in Peacekeepers, I don't know. But not this.

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2023 3:32 PM

As I understand it, so far the average Russian has not seen much of a change in their lifestyle in terms of prices and availability of goods due to this invasion. The casualties have largely been among non-ethnic Russians.

Behind the scenes, the Russians will need to start looking into a face-saving exit strategy. My feeling is that we might see a population exchange similar to the one between Greece and Turkey a century ago.

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2023 3:33 PM

I'm hearing it's Ukraine that is in trouble, once you get past the Western propaganda. Ukraine is trying to draft teenagers now, its fighting population is miniscule compared to Russia. Russia is in a better position for a grinding artillery war. Don't forget that Ukraine has to convince the West to send more weapons and money by exaggerating victories.

by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2023 3:33 PM

[QUOTE] Remember when the message was that Russia's military was so badly equipped that the war would be over in a week?

Nobody said this.

by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2023 3:36 PM

Does he really have cancer? Is it hopefully terminal?

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2023 3:37 PM

[quote]Don't forget that Ukraine has to convince the West to send more weapons and money by exaggerating victories.

What victories has Ukraine exaggerated, R10? Be specific and show your work.

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2023 4:09 PM

R13 Not doing your homework. Tell me what victories Ukraine has had and show why they were meaningful.

by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2023 4:12 PM

R10, this is DL. You trolls need to up your game.

by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2023 4:13 PM

That says everything we need to know, R14. Thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2023 4:17 PM

R16 Just as I thought. You can't come up with anything.

by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2023 4:20 PM

Boris is busy today.

by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2023 4:23 PM

Sad li'l monkey face . . .

by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2023 4:26 PM

Could you please share with us where you heard this r10? A link to the article would be nice.

by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2023 4:27 PM

R10 Sure, Janova. lol

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2023 4:27 PM

I can google dozens of articles on Ukrainian victories R16. Why can't you?

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2023 4:31 PM

R10 just yesterday I was reading a Russian story about Russians being told to train up their boys and get them ready to fight. Sure you aren't projecting your shit onto Ukraine?

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2023 4:34 PM

R20 Since you asked nicely I will. I didn't post it initially because it's long and this is DL.

R22. Nothing that you can google will be evidence that Ukraine is 'winning'. Sometimes Ukraine kills more Russians than Russia kills Ukrainians. Sometimes Ukraine gets lucky because Russia is often incompetent, like lodging soldiers next to an undisguised artillery depot. Idiotic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 11, 2023 4:39 PM

These stories are being brought to you by the US government that is trying to placate Americans who are upset about the price tag. They do this all the time. I would love for Putin to stroke out or just die, but it’s turning into Castro is almost dead stories that went on for decades.

by Anonymousreply 25January 11, 2023 4:40 PM

R10 asserted something he knows to be patently false, R22. It is not my responsibility to prove him wrong when he is challenged; it is his responsibility to support his claim.

Since he was the one who framed this as "homework" at R14, I'll ask if he demanded that his teachers do his work for him, and how far that got him?

by Anonymousreply 26January 11, 2023 4:41 PM

Oh, now I see. He links to an opinion piece on a website that is, shall we say, obscure, and that's his authoritative source for a dubious claim. Okay, then.

I guess I just didn't ask "nicely" enough,

by Anonymousreply 27January 11, 2023 4:50 PM

Great to see that the Putin-lickers are back up and running! They're going to have be more subtle, though, if they want to deflate western morale in a war that has only solidified democracy and depleted Russia.

by Anonymousreply 28January 11, 2023 5:02 PM

Comrades, comrades! No one is getting any potatoes for posting in this shitstorm.

by Anonymousreply 29January 11, 2023 5:06 PM

It's past time for Putin to fall out of a window.

by Anonymousreply 30January 11, 2023 5:58 PM

Are you saying that the sanctions aren’t having an effect, R25?

by Anonymousreply 31January 11, 2023 6:00 PM

Seriously, r30, what if he did?

by Anonymousreply 32January 11, 2023 6:03 PM

Hilarious: Armenia snubs Putin -- refused to host Russia's military for routine exercises.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 11, 2023 6:18 PM

If you're in Russia r32, make it happen.

by Anonymousreply 34January 11, 2023 6:23 PM

Armenia doesn’t want anything to do with that shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 35January 11, 2023 6:30 PM

Did anyone else marvel at Zelenskyy’s speech on the Golden Globes last night? He basically said the end of the war was in sight and that the Ukraine would triumph. I wondered what special knowledge he had. Maybe this was it: That Putin really is nearly at the end of his rope and resources.

by Anonymousreply 36January 11, 2023 6:41 PM

If Putin had half a brain, he’d leave Ukraine, declare victory, and drop it. Then he and the oligarchs can go back to making billions on the oil market. What a folly this was. It was never going to end well for Russia.

by Anonymousreply 37January 11, 2023 6:57 PM

R35, neither does China!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 11, 2023 7:02 PM

[quote] Remember when the message was that Russia's military was so badly equipped that the war would be over in a week?

No-one in their right mind ever said this. The consensus, even in the West, was that Russia would take Kyiv within a week or two, Zelenskiy would flee for Poland, and a Putin-friendly puppet government would be “elected” by the summer. Many governments (notably Germany) initially refused to arm Ukraine because they assumed the war was lost and the materials would end up in Russian hands anyway.

by Anonymousreply 39January 11, 2023 7:04 PM

That inbred mongoloid doesn’t have shit. Just like Trump, grandiosity that transcends reality.

by Anonymousreply 40January 11, 2023 7:07 PM

[quote]Remember when the message was that Russia's military was so badly equipped that the war would be over in a week?

No, I don't remember that message at all. The message was that the Russian Army would roll over Ukraine and take complete control in a week. Didn't happen, and THAT'S when Russia's lack of preparedness and military incompetence became obvious to the world.

by Anonymousreply 41January 11, 2023 7:17 PM

When Vlad runs out of money he readies the NUKES?

by Anonymousreply 42January 11, 2023 7:20 PM

[quote] Are you saying that the sanctions aren’t having an effect

They already confirmed that they aren’t. China, Israel and others are funding them. If we could get these countries to cut them off, then they would REALLY feel the effects. As it is, Europe is being hit harder than Russia. People are freezing to death and can barely afford food.

This Russian proxy war is going to end up like Iraq. It was supposed to end in just weeks. We’ll still be watching this going on years from now. No one really wants to destroy Putin. They don’t want a war. What the West doesn’t understand is just how much hatred Russians have for it. As long as Putin keeps declaring war on Western culture, Russians will go along with it. They’ve never gotten over the toppling of the Soviet Union. They’re also a people who resorted to cannibalism. They’ll happily do so again. They are used to doing it the hard way, riding it out long term. The West simply can’t wait that long. There’s no patience and no one is really serious about destroying Putin. Russia still has resources and friends.

by Anonymousreply 43January 11, 2023 7:29 PM

R41, yes, that's an attempt to push a false narrative about things that happened less than a year ago. Russia had claimed, and the US had believed, that Russia had seriously improved its army. Onlookers were baffled when, for example, the tires on tanks began to fail.

by Anonymousreply 44January 11, 2023 7:30 PM

Nobody is freezing or starving in Europe, lol.

by Anonymousreply 45January 11, 2023 7:30 PM

[quote]It was supposed to end in just weeks.

A little tip, r43, if you're going to try and play a neutral party, it's best not to use lines that have been debunked just a few posts ahead of yours.

by Anonymousreply 46January 11, 2023 7:31 PM

[QUOTE] As it is, Europe is being hit harder than Russia. People are freezing to death and can barely afford food.

😂😂😂 Who the fuck is freezing to death in Europe? It’s 50 goddamn degrees.

by Anonymousreply 47January 11, 2023 7:32 PM

Its been warm since the week before xmas. it was cold, earlier than that.

by Anonymousreply 48January 11, 2023 7:33 PM

Putin can't afford to supply his military properly, but he can still pay for all the trolls push his propaganda, and he can still pay for any Russians that don't tow the line to have a woopsie out a window. Those Russians have such an altruistic leader!

by Anonymousreply 49January 11, 2023 7:44 PM

People are freezing to death and can’t afford food in Europe? Somebody better provide a link because that’s news to, well, Europe.

by Anonymousreply 50January 11, 2023 7:45 PM

There is new poverty in England. Because English capitalism is price gouging the poors. Not because of the war.

by Anonymousreply 51January 11, 2023 7:53 PM

Don’t worry, republicans will help him out

by Anonymousreply 52January 11, 2023 7:53 PM

[quote] Nobody is freezing or starving in Europe

Yes, they are. There are girls in the UK who stopped shaving their legs because it’s too cold. The supermarket shelves are bare. Where have you been? Why do you think the government has had to step in because people can’t afford their heating bills? Morning shows are holding contests - grand prize, they’ll pay Brits’ heating bills for couple of months. People are desperate.

by Anonymousreply 53January 11, 2023 8:00 PM

Ahem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 11, 2023 8:00 PM

R47 Must be Russian. They like to live in some alternative reality and store shit. That’s all they’re good at.

by Anonymousreply 55January 11, 2023 8:00 PM

And.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 11, 2023 8:00 PM

And.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 11, 2023 8:01 PM

Stir*, I mean they STORE nukes but wouldn’t know how to read the directions to use them, but they think they’re the smartest people in the world.

by Anonymousreply 58January 11, 2023 8:01 PM

Cough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 11, 2023 8:02 PM

[QUOTE] Many British people are struggling to heat their homes without breaking the bank

= FREEZING TO DEATH? Hello! Yes, energy bills are higher for everybody. Doesn’t mean there’s some mass wave of deaths due to a lack of heating.

by Anonymousreply 60January 11, 2023 8:06 PM

As I understand it, R31, life in Russia goes on pretty much the same, without sanctions affecting people directly.

by Anonymousreply 61January 11, 2023 8:10 PM

Ummm…those articles are from Great Britain (and one from the conservative WSJ). If I recall correctly, GB left the European Union.

by Anonymousreply 62January 11, 2023 8:11 PM

R61, as someone who knows them, Russians are absolutely [italic]obsessed[/italic] with maintaining appearances.

It doesn't surprise me one little bit that the internet is a-flood with accounts of how great and normal life in Moscow is.

by Anonymousreply 63January 11, 2023 11:59 PM

Everything is good here in Mother Russia. We have full belly from potato and beets and we still enjoy our favorite pasttime of stomping gay people. Yay Putin!

by Anonymousreply 64January 12, 2023 12:20 AM

R64, one almost has to admire the amount of moxie it takes for pro-Russia trolls like R61 to show their faces here and defend that homophobic shithole.

by Anonymousreply 65January 12, 2023 12:25 AM

Speach the preaching, R64! Also, brawnfull Kevin McCarthy will incarcerating Hunter Biden's penis in Guantanamo and put Killery Clifford before firing squad for eating babby's!

by Anonymousreply 66January 12, 2023 12:30 AM

r61 in the *Katie Porter announces Senate bid amid uncertainty over Feinstein's future* thread:

[quote]I voted for Obama twice, Clinton, and Biden; yet, there are Democratic politicians I'm not thrilled with.

[quote]This obsession with Trump like that is clearly a sign of mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 67January 12, 2023 12:34 AM

I come from Ukraine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 12, 2023 12:40 AM

Russians will be happy to resort to cannibalism again R43? That’s pretty messed up if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 69January 12, 2023 1:06 AM

R67, that “l voted for Obama twice” line never gets old. It always makes me smile.

by Anonymousreply 70January 12, 2023 1:13 AM

[quote]I'm hearing it's Ukraine that is in trouble, once you get past the Western propaganda.

Eat shit and die, tankie.

by Anonymousreply 71January 12, 2023 1:23 AM

R35, and Armenians never forget.

Russia just made an enemy for life. ;)

by Anonymousreply 72January 12, 2023 1:25 AM

I don't believe anything until it happens. Speculating, arguing and worrying proves nothing.

by Anonymousreply 73January 12, 2023 4:56 AM

If Russia hates The West so much, stop importing our music, movies, electronics, appliances, and brands.

Stop fucking stealing TOILETS, ya filthy animals! And stop showing up in OUR countries trying to turn them into YOUR pathetic shithole oligarchy!

by Anonymousreply 74January 12, 2023 6:40 AM

Once they lose Ukraine, it's time to carve that bitch up -- the benefits of Russia's oncoming disintegration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 12, 2023 7:35 AM

R39 let me specify. It was clear that Ukraine was the one massively disadvantaged in this fight. But remember the memes about Ukrainian farmers towing Russian tanks with their tractors? That's when the west realized they had a fighting chance. With massive weapon imports and idealistic people fighting mercenaries who are just not motivated the same way, they now have a great chance to win. Just it is Ukraine that is destroyed, not Russia. Every shot of ammo, every missile is going to destroy Ukrainian infrastructure. In Germany, the arguments why or why not to export weapons were complicated and happened in sort of a spiral, with people - and parties too - changing their position, sometimes fundamentally, at every turn as the discourse evolved and events unfolded . Things that played into the equation were party traditions founded in the pacifist movement (the greens) who kind of had one foot in, one foot out at the start. They didn't want to alienate their base but also sitting this one out just wouldn't work. Another point is that the coalition (Greens, Liberal Democrats, Social Democrats) always only had a sliver of a majority. So apart from wanting to be in the right side of history, they also hoped that Zelensky's popularity would somehow brush off on them (the liberal Lindner is a prime example for this mindset). The latter didn't quite materialize. Then there is the AfD who receives funding from Russia and who is of course pro Russia. Do not forget that many people in Germany are from the Ex-DDR. They grew up being brainwashed for two generations by Russia and many don't really believe in a parliamentary democracy. Greens and also parts of the political left in general are deeply rooted in anti-imperialism. Just strangely, this only translates to anti-amricanism while they have a blind spot the size of China and Russia.

by Anonymousreply 76January 12, 2023 8:21 AM

Has anyone ever met a nice Russian? They all seem like shallow, grasping whores who will do anything for cash. From what I hear they are some of the worst for welfare fraud along with FLDS and Hasidic Jews.

by Anonymousreply 77January 12, 2023 2:11 PM

I’m not hearing any violins when it comes to Putin. Human lives are just pawns to him.

R77 I have a Russian dentist and he is compassionate but I can tell by some of the questions he asked that he was raised in a very harsh environment. He referred me to a colleague to perform dental surgery. She was downright disturbing. She tried to elicit pain in the molar of mine that had split despite having zero decay. When I jumped involuntarily she scolded me for not staying still. Weird reaction on her part to a simple positive result of a test of air exposure of a tooth split all the way to the maxilla.

by Anonymousreply 78January 12, 2023 2:41 PM

I’ve met very nice people who came from Russia.

by Anonymousreply 79January 12, 2023 3:04 PM

[QUOTE] I’ve met very nice people who came from Russia.

And they all got out as soon as they could.

by Anonymousreply 80January 12, 2023 3:38 PM

Yep R80 indeed they did

by Anonymousreply 81January 12, 2023 3:50 PM

I had Russian neighbors who were good people (although their American born son was a bit of a thug). It took about a year to get a smile out of them but when they did, it meant a lot and I knew they liked and trusted me.

I also made a good friend from Russia when I worked in China. She explained to me that Russians were very blunt (she was) and as a result cause unintended offense so she was trying to adapt to Western standards of polite behavior. She left Russia because of the Russian mafia which made it impossible for people like her without connections to start their own business. She said Communism wasn't as bad as the shit going on now, that's how much Putin has fucked the country. She was kind and loyal and openly antisemitic. I had to tell her this is not generally considered polite conversation among the westerners she was befriending.

by Anonymousreply 82January 12, 2023 4:23 PM

[quote]openly antisemitic. I had to tell her this is not generally considered polite conversation among the westerners she was befriending.

damn... and nope, that is not a good person regardless of how 'kind and loyal' she seems. It is not a particularly 'Russian' thing to be antisemitic. It's a racist piece of shit thing to be.

by Anonymousreply 83January 12, 2023 4:26 PM

R77 Yes I know nice people who are Russians, and not only those who got out a generation or two ago.

by Anonymousreply 84January 12, 2023 4:28 PM

[quote]She explained to me that Russians were very blunt (she was) and as a result cause unintended offense so she was trying to adapt to Western standards of polite behavior.

By any chance, r82, was her name Ninotchka?

by Anonymousreply 85January 12, 2023 4:28 PM

[quote].It is not a particularly 'Russian' thing to be antisemitic.

Oh shut up. 'Russian' antisemitism is real which you would know if you read anything instead of spending your time virtue signaling on DL.

Antisemitism has had a long and complex history in Russian intellectual life and has revived in the post-Communist era. In their concept of the identity of the Jewish people, many academics and other thinkers in Russia continue to cast Jews in a negative or ambivalent role. An inherent rivalry exists between "Russia" and "the Jews" because Russians have often viewed themselves-whether through the lens of atheistic communism or that of the most conservative elements of the Orthodox Church-as a chosen people whose destiny is to lead the way to world salvation. In this book, Vadim Rossman presents the foundations and present influence of intellectual antisemitism in Russia. He examines the antisemitic roots of some major trends in Russian intellectual thought that emerged in earlier decades of the twentieth century and are still significant in the post-Communist era: neo-Eurasianism, Eurasian historiography, National Bolshevism, neo-Slavophilism, National Orthodoxy, and various forms of racism. Such extreme right-wing ideology continues to appeal to a certain segment of the Russian population and seems unlikely to disappear soon. Rossman confronts and challenges a range of disturbing, sometimes contradictory, but often quite sophisticated antisemitic ideas posed by Russian sociologists, historians, philosophers, theologians, political analysts, anthropologists, and literary critics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 12, 2023 4:44 PM

I know nice people currently living in Russia. They do exist. It's like saying during the Bush and Trump years almost everyone loved those two.

by Anonymousreply 87January 12, 2023 5:07 PM

I dated a Russian twink in NYC for 2 years. He was from RUSSIA, starting new in USA. He was a total doll and very high IQ. He earned 2 doctorates in NY. I dumped him. Later I realised that was a mistake. Live and learn.

by Anonymousreply 88January 12, 2023 5:19 PM

How unseasonably warm weather could end the Ukraine war:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 12, 2023 6:33 PM

[quote] Remember when the message was that Russia's military was so badly equipped that the war would be over in a week?

Will echo others in saying that I only remember uninformed/uneducated laypeople on DL saying this. I remember early on reading people who actually study war and sources from the Biden admin quoted in reputable publications saying that the conflict would probably last for years.

by Anonymousreply 90January 12, 2023 11:33 PM

[quote]Boris is busy today.

Boris:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 12, 2023 11:37 PM

[quote]Haven't they been saying that for years now?

Haven’t they been saying “Russia's revenue from fossil fuel exports collapsed in December” for years, Matt-fatso? What does that even mean?

What fresh retardation is this from you? Even in your trolling you’re a lightweight.

by Anonymousreply 92January 12, 2023 11:41 PM

The troll kept posting negative articles about the cost of energy in the UK. I'm British and I can tell you that it has not lessened our support for Ukraine so the troll really doesn't have a point by posting those articles. The majority of our media supports Ukraine as well as our politicians on both sides. Europe is widely moving to alternative sources of gas, especially Germany. Appeasing Russia because of energy prices just doesn't even seem to be in the national consciousness.

And Ukraine was never going to easily win the war because Russia still originally had the world's second most powerful and equipped military plus Putin seems to be all-in with mobilisation and effectively putting Russia on a war economy. It's amazing that Ukraine are able to even hold their own.

by Anonymousreply 93January 12, 2023 11:45 PM

Zelensky is battling the end of the Second World War.

Biden is fighting the end of the Civil War.

Fuck the people who do not get the memos.

by Anonymousreply 94January 13, 2023 12:38 AM

Troll = anyone who disagrees with the person crying "Troll!" And, no, there are not Russian bots here; there may be one or two actual conservatives, but even those posts are more likely to be attempts to annoying liberals than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 95January 14, 2023 12:03 AM

Lol. Russia will be fine. Its economy will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 96January 14, 2023 12:10 AM

Russia has the GDP equivalent to that of Illinois. If Illinois had been spending huge income resources on one-use armaments and had its income cut in half, you might come to a different conclusion with Russia put in context.

Russia is pending itself back to the 19th Century.

by Anonymousreply 97January 14, 2023 12:16 AM

Putin is Running Out of Time and Money

chapter 324

by Anonymousreply 98January 14, 2023 12:28 AM

[quote] Ummm…those articles are from Great Britain (and one from the conservative WSJ). If I recall correctly, GB left the European Union.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 99January 14, 2023 1:59 AM

[quote] And they all got out as soon as they could.

The American Russians I know who are Jewish want to go back. All they do is go on and on about how wonderful Russia is and how this or that would never happen in Russia. These are people who had to flee the country. Their longing for the old days under the USSR is still strong.

by Anonymousreply 100January 14, 2023 2:02 AM

R100 So why don't they? There's nothing stopping them.

by Anonymousreply 101January 14, 2023 2:15 AM

They want to go back to a Russia that never really existed.

Like Republican women who long to be barefoot and pregnant in the security of their husband's job in the 1950s. .

by Anonymousreply 102January 14, 2023 2:34 AM

R99, what was wrong with the sentence? I don’t see the grammatical error.

by Anonymousreply 103January 14, 2023 11:58 AM

Not true R96. In fact, I have Russian neighbors who love Russia and travel there often (like r100 says). They’re here because they are very educated (one of them works in the medical field as a researcher and one is a teacher) and they make a ton more money here. They said things are very bad in Russia. Prices sky high, a lot of lost jobs due to companies leaving, the media obviously closed off people from the rest of the world. People arrested if they protest. A huge portion of the young male population is off fighting the war, and the alcohol/drug problems with the ones behind has gotten worse.

by Anonymousreply 104January 14, 2023 12:08 PM

Russia cannot win. There's no path to victory for them. The west won't allow it. It would be the end of NATO if they did, because if they let Ukraine fall, then Article 5 would be in jeopardy, because what happens when Putin is pissed off with Poland or Hungary or Romania?

Ukraine has earned the respect of western allies, and so now they're starting to get the good stuff being shipped. Rather than the 1980s and 90s stuff. They're going to need much more weaponry over the coming months and years. And they'll get it.

We may be cold here in the UK, but never forget, that we have a long history of standing up against European tyrants. That history, we learn in school, it's in our national psyche. You only have to turn on the telly to find Remembrance Day, D-Day commemoration, some war film or some history program on. Sure, that may be long ago, but remember, we are the most aggressive nation on earth. You Americans may have the firepower, but we Brits have the hearts and stomachs for war. We've been waging it for over a thousand years, so we're pretty good at it, minus one or two colonial exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 105January 14, 2023 12:27 PM

Great post r105. The UK stood up to Hitler and won. And Putin, you’re no Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 106January 14, 2023 1:02 PM

Russia's economy is fine! She sends her love!

by Anonymousreply 107January 14, 2023 2:17 PM

R99 has no idea what the “Oh, dear” is used for.

by Anonymousreply 108January 14, 2023 2:31 PM

We really have no idea what it's like there now that Putin has gone over the edge. Remember, the first thing his did was to demand the news agencies there tell only his side of things (lie), punishable by jail. This trolls that come on here are either on his payroll, or they're just making shit up. We don't know how it's changed the life of the average Russian, but we do know Putin expects the Russian people to sacrifice virtually everything for his conquest. They can't be enjoying the changes.

by Anonymousreply 109January 14, 2023 2:43 PM

"This trolls that come on here are either on his payroll, or they're just making shit up."

Or they're in the US Congress, i.e. Tulsi Gabbard, Rand Paul, Lauren Boebert, MTG, etc.

by Anonymousreply 110January 14, 2023 3:30 PM

[quote] ... once you get past the Western propaganda.

There are several strategies to deal with internet trolls:

1. Ignore them: Trolls thrive on attention, so the best way to deprive them of it is to simply ignore them.

2. Don't feed the trolls: Any responding to a troll's provocations will encourage them to continue.

3. Block them: Most social media platforms have a feature that allows you to block or mute users. DL makes this easy. You are not forced to deal with them.

4. Take a break: If the trolling is getting to you, it might be best to take a break from social media for a while. One individual, especially one you don't even know, should not have such impact on you that he riles you up that much.

It's up to you to control your online experience. You don't have to put up with abuse from trolls.

by Anonymousreply 111January 14, 2023 11:52 PM

So much group think in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 112January 15, 2023 12:03 AM

R105: Ukraine, in its pseudo-NATO status, isn't covered by Article 5. Also, Article 5 obligations aren't what you seem to think they are,

And Ukraine isn't being shipped "the good stuff", mostly it's obsolete crap and warehoused Warsaw Pact equipment, in order to make way for future arms purchases from mostly US suppliers ...and what they're being sent isn't in any quantities to make any difference to the outcome. Do you think a handful of British Challenger 2s, which may or may not be sent, will make any difference to this war's outcome?

Reading your post, you need to appreciate how little the UK matters other than as loyal shit-stirring vassal in world affairs.

by Anonymousreply 113January 15, 2023 12:26 AM

5. Fat hips sink ships.

by Anonymousreply 114January 15, 2023 12:30 AM

All of us generational American's who have ancestors who lived and died on the Julian Calendar, Today is NEW YEAR'S DAY for all the Boris' and Natasha's in the world.

Russian television puts on a vaudeville extravaganza celebrating Novi God, новый год.

One skit I found ochen interyesna, очень интересно, was a "tribute" to Trump.

Oh, and back in the old atheistic days when Pravoslavni Rozhdestvo was not celebrated, nor Maslenitsa, New Years was the big celebration that rolled drinking, eating and fucking to the heights only Russians could reach.

So if the UOC moves to the new calendar, it is a HUGE fuck you to Russia.

Всех с Новым годом! and enjoy the show...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 15, 2023 12:33 AM

UOC?????

by Anonymousreply 116January 15, 2023 12:35 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 15, 2023 12:36 AM

The Ukrainian Church that already has a Tomos from the ecumenical Patriarch.

by Anonymousreply 118January 15, 2023 12:38 AM

It was quickly hushed up but a month ago the EU Commission head Ursula Von der Leyen revealed Ukraine has lost 100,000 troops plus 20,000 civilians. That's roughly equivalent to the estimated Russian troop losses. The Polish and other western mercenaries can only go so far in filling those ranks. Anyone think Macron will order the French Army to directly intervene ?

As far back as Kutuzov Russia wrote the war of attrition playbook.

by Anonymousreply 119January 15, 2023 12:51 AM

Ukraine is a country of 43 million people.

If there were 43 million Americans fighting the British, what do you think would happen?

I am glad we are improving their armaments.

Slava Ukraini

by Anonymousreply 120January 15, 2023 12:56 AM

Ukraine hasn't been a country of 43 million people fir a long time, and it isn't one today by a long shot. When was the last national census, do you know?

by Anonymousreply 121January 15, 2023 12:58 AM

Sorry Boris, but the figures are only available pre invasion:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 15, 2023 1:05 AM

R122: The first (and so far only) national census of Ukraine took place in 2001. It was originally planned that the next one would follow in 2010, but it was postponed until 2020, which never took place.

by Anonymousreply 123January 15, 2023 1:08 AM

R123 I don't understand your point? Are you saying that Ukraine magically had a huge loss of people in between 2001 and 2020? The 2001 figures are the best official ones that we have and I don't know of anything that caused a big loss of population in 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 124January 15, 2023 1:13 AM

R124: Yes. There has been a huge loss of population. Between 2001 and 2023.

You understood my point.

by Anonymousreply 125January 15, 2023 1:23 AM

R123 is a Russian Troll who denigrates the Ukrainian People at every opportunity.

They are so tiresome. The point being that a 120K loss of life is not as big as the Borises want you to believe. But it is big enough to get major increases in Western weaponry.

by Anonymousreply 126January 15, 2023 1:24 AM

This "troll" business is incredibly depressing. Are there really that many unhinged tribalist loons? I'm going very far out on a limb and saying it's beginning to look more and more like Putin is becoming a transferred (displaced?) focus for Trump hatred since 2021.

This is beginning to seem like World War I where all these secondary nations are sucked into the vortex of something not directly affecting them.

by Anonymousreply 127January 15, 2023 1:28 AM

R127 When the Russians literally pay people to be trolls online you have to expect it..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 15, 2023 1:36 AM

So ...if I disagree with the dominant narrative in this thread, I'm a paid Russian agent, is that your conclusion, r128? Only "right think' is allowed or they're an enemy infiltrator? Everyone has to agree with you?

by Anonymousreply 129January 15, 2023 1:40 AM

I stand by my opinion that since Trump has been forced out of the White House the hatred for him has been channeled into Putin.

I know it won't make any difference to these loons, but I will say my opinion is that the Ukraine invasion was a stupid idea. Putin seems unstable to me. The best case scenario would be to fix the borders where they are now letting the Russians have control of Crimea to the rest of the country with a population exchange if necessary. In exchange, the Russians need to make a very public accountable statement that Ukraine is a nation for the Ukrainian people and that they promise to respect that sovereignty.

by Anonymousreply 130January 15, 2023 1:44 AM

R129: if you haven't realized that very far left liberals are in cultural revolution dunce mode thought, or perhaps even French Revolution guillotine, then you'd better grasp that now. NO DISSENT PERMITTED!

by Anonymousreply 131January 15, 2023 1:46 AM

[quote] The best case scenario would be to fix the borders where they are now letting the Russians have control of Crimea to the rest of the country with a population exchange if necessary. In exchange, the Russians need to make a very public accountable statement that Ukraine is a nation for the Ukrainian people and that they promise to respect that sovereignty.

Russia already had control of Crimea. But that wasn't enough for Putin. That's a pretty useless 'solution' because Putin will never accept it. He's made it clear that he considers all of Ukraine to be Russian, or at least the other territories he's 'annexed'.

by Anonymousreply 132January 15, 2023 1:47 AM

[quote]I stand by my opinion that since Trump has been forced out of the White House the hatred for him has been channeled into Putin.

""forced" out of the White House, r130?

by Anonymousreply 133January 15, 2023 1:48 AM

R130, why do you think Putin is "unstable."? (Also, what does that mean.) Genuinely curious.

by Anonymousreply 134January 15, 2023 1:49 AM

I think he's unstable because he's living in a Soviet Union mindset that doesn't mirror current reality. He wants to somehow forcibly establish the greatness of Empire which isn't possible, nor desirable particularly.

by Anonymousreply 135January 15, 2023 1:52 AM

By the way, the British are sending C2 tanks to Ukraine. 🕺

That will immediately be the best tank in theater.

There will be issues of course. It has a rifled 120mm cannon and the UK will have to provide ALL the ammo.

Plus it’s a very advanced western mbt and not at all like Soviet/Russian tanks so the Ukrainian crews will need a *lot* of training.

Still, this made my day.

Now if only we’d send Abrams. At least it uses easier-to-get NATO 120mm APFSDS.

by Anonymousreply 136January 15, 2023 1:53 AM

Ok mattfatso at r98

by Anonymousreply 137January 15, 2023 1:53 AM

My favorite troll move on this thread is making the length of the war a sign of Ukraine's inability to wear down the Russians, rather than vice versa—complete with the straw man that "the message used to be that Russia would be defeated within a week." Very deft!

And no, taking account of a wide range of verifiable facts does not count as "group think."

by Anonymousreply 138January 15, 2023 1:56 AM

R135, and where do you get that impression, which seems very much at odds from everything I know about him? Soviet mindset? Doesn't mirror current reality? Wants to re-establish an empire? Where are you getting this from? Your ass?

by Anonymousreply 139January 15, 2023 1:58 AM

How many. R136? When will they arrive? How long to train the Ukrainian troops to man them?

by Anonymousreply 140January 15, 2023 2:00 AM

[quote] I stand by my opinion that since Trump has been forced out of the White House the hatred for him has been channeled into Putin.

Really it's always been the same thing. In 2016 Bad man Putin was a handy alibi for Hillary's failure though she had a long lit of additional excuses. Then the fake Russian dossier pushed Putin to the top of the list as a matter of faith

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141January 15, 2023 2:02 AM

Hi potato face at r140.

Are you now the worlds leading authority on vehicle incorporation?

Do you even know what a C2 is? Do they have any in Pittsburgh?

by Anonymousreply 142January 15, 2023 2:03 AM

Potato face makes me laugh. I've heard 'pancake face' as well. I think it's the Asian influence in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 143January 15, 2023 2:04 AM

RussiaGate was the pr primer for this war, which had been in the offing for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 144January 15, 2023 2:04 AM

It's starting to get surreal when our local Putin-licker actively asserts that Vlad is suavely succeeding in all his (strictly non-colonialist) ambitions. Is Glenn Greenwald up late drunk-posting?

by Anonymousreply 145January 15, 2023 2:05 AM

What's your point, r142? Do you think these tanks will change the outcome of the war?

by Anonymousreply 146January 15, 2023 2:06 AM

Do you know anything about modern military operations, Defatso @ r146? Or are you just here to eat the turds out of the dictator Putin’s ass?

You know he’d put you in a death camp, potato face. Then again, you probably want that.

by Anonymousreply 147January 15, 2023 2:09 AM

[quote]where all these secondary nations are sucked into the vortex of something not directly affecting them.

NATO consists of all the secondary nations, and RUSSIAN aggression, the raison d'être of NATO, affects them all DIRECTLY.

by Anonymousreply 148January 15, 2023 2:10 AM

R143 is playing dumb but we all know who the potato faced flyover loser is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149January 15, 2023 2:13 AM

In praise of the Challenger 2 tank, it comes with a toilet situated under the Loader's position. The Abrams does not have this luxury, lacking even the M-60 Patton's small hatch on the hull bottom. If the MOD can find 14 C2s that can actually be made operational this will be a very valuable contribution.

by Anonymousreply 150January 15, 2023 2:20 AM

And now you bring in the Hillary bashing, r141. God...you trolls *really* need fresh material.

by Anonymousreply 151January 15, 2023 2:50 AM

Who benefits from this horrible war. Now. Medium term Long term. That’s who’s winning and will win. Let’s just hope it doesn’t turn into an all out war. That’s what really worries me.

by Anonymousreply 152January 15, 2023 2:54 AM

Ukraine will have to go on the offensive in Spring to seize back previously lost territory. British C2 tanks will help Ukraine do this, but it will also help Ukraine get far more numerous Leopard tanks from Germany, Poland etc. The key thing is timing. Training on the Leopards really needs to start now.

by Anonymousreply 153January 15, 2023 2:57 AM

China benefits from this war.

by Anonymousreply 154January 15, 2023 2:57 AM

R152 Nobody. Except people who manufacture weapons and academics with an expertise in Russia. But ultimately Putin chose this stupidity for what? A pyrrhic victory at best.

by Anonymousreply 155January 15, 2023 2:57 AM

R152, I think Croatian Niccolo Soldo nailed it last year:

"... Six months into the war in Ukraine and the winners and losers that I listed on the first day of the conflict remain the same today:

Big Winner: USA

Winner: Russia

Loser: European Union

Big Loser: Ukraine"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 15, 2023 2:58 AM

[quote]Winner: Russia

No-one rational seriously believes this. Russia is losing tons of working age males and is a virtual pariah in the West now. It might be worth it if Russia was actually winning the war but they aren't even doing that.

by Anonymousreply 157January 15, 2023 3:04 AM

How do you know the casualty numbers of Russia, r157? How do you know it's not winning?

by Anonymousreply 158January 15, 2023 3:05 AM

R158 Many educated working age male Russians have emigrated to flee conscription while even the Russians acknowledge that thousands of working age male Russians have died in the horrific meat grinder of Putin's dumb war in Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 159January 15, 2023 3:08 AM

[quote] So why don't they? There's nothing stopping them.

Everyone who hears them would love to say this but chooses to take the high road.

by Anonymousreply 160January 15, 2023 3:08 AM

[quote]How do you know it's not winning?

Because the Russians tried to take over all of Ukraine and have lost a lot more territory than they have gained since the start of the war. This isn't even controversial: it's a fact. The Russians have had to retreat from Kyiv, retreat from Kharkiv, retreat from Kherson...

by Anonymousreply 161January 15, 2023 3:14 AM

[quote]Russia already had control of Crimea. But that wasn't enough for Putin. That's a pretty useless 'solution' because Putin will never accept it. He's made it clear that he considers all of Ukraine to be Russian, or at least the other territories he's 'annexed'.

Not to mention that Zelensky came to power on a ticket that included driving the Russians out of Ukraine (meaning, then, the Donbas region and Crimea). The fact that Putin invaded after his election, to try to take over the whole country, is only going to make it more important to Ukrainians to push Russia right back to its own borders if it is at all within their powers.

by Anonymousreply 162January 15, 2023 3:16 AM

R159, current Russian population is approx. 144 million. It will be ok. And after the war ends, and the Cold War intensifies, may expats will return, I did-etc. And the casualty numbers are far lower that claimed in the West. The way this war is being presented is very skewed.

by Anonymousreply 163January 15, 2023 3:16 AM

*I did-etc = I expect. ( missed that typo, but autocorrect didn't)

by Anonymousreply 164January 15, 2023 3:19 AM

R163 'OK' - sure, Russia will survive but Russia as a 'winner'? Please! No country wants to lose that amount of working age males whether by fleeing conscription or dying/wounded in war. Not to mention how Europe is stopping their Russian gas buys. Both things are very bad for Russia's economy.

by Anonymousreply 165January 15, 2023 3:21 AM

[quote]The way this war is being presented is very skewed.

Perhaps. Nevertheless these Russians who have superior population, arms and everything else you're on about, including that they chose the timing of the war, still very plainly haven't won it.

And if they should (God forbid) win it, how long will their economy be wallowing, and their oligarchs smarting personally, under Western sanctions? The West cannot at any time afford to let Russian leaders think there is any possibility they can repeat the exercise in Belarus or Poland.

by Anonymousreply 166January 15, 2023 3:38 AM

The fact that Russia is still fucking around practically a year after it started says everything.

by Anonymousreply 167January 15, 2023 3:49 AM

Russia constructed the New Iron Curtain. All of Europe (minus Belarus and Moldova, but hold on) against Russia.

Putin is a historical fuck-up. An isolated Russia will suffer long after Ukraine is admitted to the EU and NATO.

by Anonymousreply 168January 15, 2023 4:23 AM

Russia does not control the skies.

It has not succeeded in controlling the whole Donbass region.

It's military and political objectives have failed.

It is not winning the war.

by Anonymousreply 169January 15, 2023 11:15 AM

[quote] and is a virtual pariah in the West now

And not just the literal, geographic "West" (western Europe and Anglophone countries): Japan, South Korea, Taiwan etc. declared sanctions on Russia. It's a democracy thing.

by Anonymousreply 170January 15, 2023 11:16 AM

No one is winning in this conflict, it just goes on and on in pretty much a stalemate at this point.

I don't understand the reference above to the USA being the big winner in all this? How?

As I understand it, many of the soldiers so far have been non-ethnic Russian.

To the poster above who fears that Poland will be invaded, Putin is well aware of the fact that it is a NATO country. Not going to happen. The dictator in Belarus is an ally of his.

by Anonymousreply 171January 15, 2023 2:10 PM

Seems like an awful long time to complete a three-day war.

by Anonymousreply 172January 15, 2023 2:17 PM

R171, Russia, historically an enemy of the U.S., weakened itself on the world stage. Its military was exposed as much less effective than it had claimed. It gave Europe a common enemy. It raised questions about Putin's capacity as a leader. All of that benefits the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 173January 15, 2023 2:21 PM

"To the poster above who fears that Poland will be invaded, Putin is well aware of the fact that it is a NATO country. Not going to happen. The dictator in Belarus is an ally of his."

Do you honestly think an amoral, immoral, illogical egomaniac of a dictator like Putin is going to let a little gnat like NATO prevent him from recreating the Soviet era empire? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 174January 15, 2023 9:00 PM

[quote]Do you honestly think an amoral, immoral, illogical egomaniac of a dictator like Putin is going to let a little gnat like NATO prevent him from recreating the Soviet era empire? Seriously?

Like how Russia took over Ukraine in three days? Oh wait.

Bitch Putin isn't going to go head to head with NATO because he's presently getting his ass kicked by little old Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 175January 15, 2023 9:22 PM

[quote]Putin is going to let a little gnat like NATO prevent him from recreating the Soviet era empire?

Ahem, NATO is a nuclear power. Little gnat my ass, you Natasha cunt.

by Anonymousreply 176January 15, 2023 9:40 PM

Angela Merkel's legacy.

Battle tanks from German industrial reserves wanted by Ukraine will not be ready to be delivered until 2024, the arms manufacturer Rheinmetall has warned.

Rheinmetall, which manufactures the battle vehicle’s gun, has 22 Leopard 2 and 88 older Leopard 1 tanks in its stocks. Getting the Leopard tanks ready for battle, however, would take several months and cost hundreds of millions of euros the company could not put up until the order was confirmed, Papperger said.

“The vehicles must be completely dismantled and rebuilt,” he added.

I expect the UK Challengers are in similar condition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177January 15, 2023 9:40 PM

German defense is a disgrace. These people thought they’d never have to go to war again?

by Anonymousreply 178January 15, 2023 11:32 PM

R174, a big reason that Putin invaded Ukraine was to keep them from joining NATO. So why would he care if NATO is a gnat?

by Anonymousreply 179January 16, 2023 12:59 AM

R178, the rest of the world was fervently hoping that Germany would never go to war again.

by Anonymousreply 180January 16, 2023 1:33 AM

Germany has been coasting on its defense obligations for decades. The diplomatic world was horrified Trump had the audacity to call them out on this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181January 16, 2023 1:39 AM

[QUOTE] the rest of the world was fervently hoping that Germany would never go to war again.

Well there should have been an expectation that they might have to do it as part of the NATO alliance someday. These countries just thought America would be there to do every goddamn thing?

by Anonymousreply 182January 16, 2023 2:22 AM

Of course, r182.

All we do is war. It makes money for OUR oligarchs, takes kids from poor families off the streets and gives the repugs kickbacks.

by Anonymousreply 183January 16, 2023 4:51 PM

Now the US is combat training Ukrainian troops.. in Germany. The Germans couldn’t do this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184January 16, 2023 4:55 PM

Well we have to do something with all those military bases in Germany that we taxpayers are subsidizing?

by Anonymousreply 185January 16, 2023 6:38 PM

[quote] Now the US is combat training Ukrainian troops.. in Germany. The Germans couldn’t do this?

I'm not totally convinced US troops can do this either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186January 16, 2023 6:41 PM

So the latest troll tactic is to try to bog the discussion down in nitpicking about Germany's share and US funding.

NATO is there to defend representative, multi-party democracy against exactly the kind of kleptocratic autocracy that Putin champions. The Ukrainians overwhelmingly choose the former against the latter.

by Anonymousreply 187January 16, 2023 7:47 PM

Meh, the criticisms against Germany are very valid. They should have kept up their payments.

by Anonymousreply 188January 16, 2023 7:49 PM

Isn't that fucker dead yet?

Can we send Russia a grease fire to move things along?

by Anonymousreply 189January 16, 2023 7:52 PM

The second most senior official in Berlin says other countries should be allowed to send German-made tanks to Ukraine if they want.

Very generous of Germany. Other countries can spend as much money for Ukraine as they wish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 16, 2023 8:36 PM

😂 Mighty considerate of them.

by Anonymousreply 191January 16, 2023 8:44 PM

r173, and Putin)/Russia caused the expansion of NATO. Winning?

by Anonymousreply 192January 18, 2023 4:55 AM

Medvedev threatening nuclear war if Russia is defeated. They’re shaking in their boots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193January 19, 2023 12:01 PM

Some random thoughts.

Of course the Russians will threaten nuclear war every five seconds. Their nuclear weapons are now THE major part of their military. Putin prioritized the “rocket forces” (nuclear weapons) over everything else in their military spending.

The idea was that they would threaten any major adversary with the end of the world if they were attacked. The conventional military was supposed to be capable of fighting colonial wars, one or two tops, on the fringes of Russia. Russia is still an empire, after all.

So they wanted to be a bit like the British Empire in the late 19th century, but instead of having the English Channel plus most powerful fleet, they’d have nuclear weapons. Hence all the nuclear saber rattling.

They treated Ukraine/Crimea like a colonial war, with great success. Then they gambled that they could take the whole country in another glorified colonial venture but got their dick caught in a bear trap instead.

When the Germans sell weapons to another country, they require that that country retain the weapons. So does the USA by the way. So someone upthread sneered about the Germans conceding on other European powers giving Ukraine Leos, but that’s a big concession.

Defacto is crowing upthread about how Trump identified the pathetic German defense posture, but…spare us. Obama and Bush both identified the same problem and complained about it. The difference is, Obama and Bush were both committed to NATO and wanted Germany to pull its share. Trump is committed to Putin-style rightwing authoritarianism and wanted the US to pull out of NATO, wanted NATO to crumble so that Europe could be dominated by his idol Putin instead, and complaining about it was a tool to get that done.

The Germans are very worried about antagonizing Russia. People are calling them simps for that, but it’s easy for us to say that when we’re on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. I’m not agreeing with the Germans — Ukraine needs Europe’s help — but let’s not so lightly brush off Germany’s concerns.

The Defacto troll is also peddling the notion that Russia is secretly winning the war, despite having over 100,000 casualties, losing almost TWO THIRDS its fleet of T-72B3 updated tanks, and being forced to throw untrained conscripts into the furnace of war, and using museum piece T-62 tanks without any ERA added which are almost immediately destroyed as a consequence. I’d be truly embarrassed to make such a blatantly false and propagandistic argument, but trolls have to be completely shameless — they are trolls, after all. Anything for a little attention.

People who argue the USA is the beneficiary of the Ukraine War have the typical tankie mentality. The USA is this evil octopus ensnaring the globe. All bad things emanate from the US. Please, do us a favor.

Putin employs this argument toward his own ends — “our naked aggression in trying to gobble up Ukraine is actually America’s fault.” Then again, Putin uses “1984” as an instruction manual, so there’s that.

by Anonymousreply 194January 19, 2023 12:42 PM

Russia's losses are truly staggering. I believe the estimates for the number of wounded typically run 2x to 4x times the number KIA. That puts the number of casualties at between 200,000 to 400,000. They've basically run through their entire newly-mobilized troops in less than 4 months and it appears they're going to have to order up hundreds of thousands more, even more poorly trained and equipped than the last bunch. Astonishing.

by Anonymousreply 195January 19, 2023 1:06 PM

Thanks for the thoughtful post Bootsy.

by Anonymousreply 196January 19, 2023 1:09 PM

I think we would hear more grumbling out of Russia, somehow, by some method, if 400K parents have got their sons back in bodybags. No?

by Anonymousreply 197January 19, 2023 1:10 PM

Reread R195, R197.

by Anonymousreply 198January 19, 2023 1:14 PM

R198, it's not 200k body bags, it's 100+k KIA so far, with an additional 200-400k wounded. The majority of these are from distant rural areas that seem to just mourn unheard. Since this next round of mobilization will have to include Moscow and St. Petersberg, I think you'll begin to get serious unrest.

by Anonymousreply 199January 19, 2023 1:19 PM

Sorry, meant my comment to be directed to R197.

by Anonymousreply 200January 19, 2023 1:21 PM

Doesn’t Russia have mobile crematoriums so they can get rid of their soldiers’ bodies right there on the field?

by Anonymousreply 201January 19, 2023 2:12 PM

The Russians were actually giving body bags to the mobiks, r201. They were posting about it in telegram. Let that sink in.

I noticed that large portions of this thread disappeared for me after I posted at r194. I wonder why that might be? Perhaps someone wants to continue to post misleadingly and without being contradicted. ;-)

by Anonymousreply 202January 19, 2023 2:18 PM

Speaking of trolling: the Kremlin's sparring with Zelensky this morning over whether Putin's still alive.

Heh.

by Anonymousreply 203January 19, 2023 2:21 PM

Just block the defarto troll.

by Anonymousreply 204January 19, 2023 2:23 PM

"Putin prioritized the “rocket forces” (nuclear weapons) over everything else in their military spending."

I know we absolutely WOULDNT want to call their bluff, but I wonder just how functional their nuclear arsenal is. That country is beyond fucking corrupt. For decades, military generals/Putin's cronies have cannibalized the military budget to line their pockets. Upkeep of nuclear weapons is expensive and requires ongoing maintenance. There is a distinct possibility that the strongest leverage they have is saber-rattling.

Again, I wouldn't want to make that bet - but I do wonder.

by Anonymousreply 205January 19, 2023 2:38 PM

From a British point of view, supporting Ukraine has been a no-brainer. Not just because Ukraine is clearly a victim of a bestial aggressor, but also because Russia has been trying to Fuck around with Britain for the whole of the Putin pregnancy: barely even trying to conceal it’s attempts to kill Russian dissidents on British territory and launching campaigns to influence the Brexit vote.

The British government, military and civil service has now embarked wholeheartedly on a mission to allow Russia to find out the consequences of their actions. Every weapon placed into Ukrainian hands is retaliation for Russia’s previous hostile acts, and allows retribution without escalation.

I suspect the reaction of the US to this conflict is very similarly motivated. Russia’s manipulation and open support for Trump was always going to lead to a backlash.

by Anonymousreply 206January 19, 2023 3:08 PM

R205 I suspect you are correct. If they can't even supply working tanks and guns they nukes are probably for show and missing the uranium needed. Sold on the black market years ago.

by Anonymousreply 207January 19, 2023 3:10 PM

Putin is carrying Britain's love child, R206?

by Anonymousreply 208January 19, 2023 3:12 PM

[quote] Putin is carrying Britain's love child, r206

Urgh, well spotted, r208 ! What a stupid blunder…

by Anonymousreply 209January 19, 2023 3:19 PM

[quote] If they can't even supply working tanks and guns they nukes are probably for show and missing the uranium needed. Sold on the black market years ago.

Seems like wishful thinking. One - they DO have working tanks, guns and bombs - just look at the damage done to Ukraine. There's no real reason to think that they don't have working nuclear weapons. I think people just don't want to believe that they are working. However, I doubt that they will be used at least. It would probably mean retaliation from the US whom you can be fairly sure do have working nuclear weapons. And there is a chain of command.

by Anonymousreply 210January 19, 2023 3:39 PM

MEA culpa, darling R209.

by Anonymousreply 211January 19, 2023 4:53 PM

[quote] Mia Culpa

All is forgiven!

by Anonymousreply 212January 19, 2023 4:58 PM

R210, let's be realistic. They have SOME working tanks and guns. If they all worked this little war would have been over. Russia is fucked and has a shoddy military

by Anonymousreply 213January 19, 2023 5:02 PM

R213 So going by that logic they also have some working nuclear weapons? Anyway, I suspect that any nuclear strike would be aimed at Ukraine only if they did decide to do it.

by Anonymousreply 214January 19, 2023 5:11 PM

Of course they have some but not as many working as they might pretend.

by Anonymousreply 215January 19, 2023 5:14 PM

All this disastrous war has achieved is the barbarous destruction of Ukraine’s infrastructure. That’s terrible, but fixable.

Otherwise, the war has caused Europe to liberate itself from an addiction to Russian gas, and (more seriously for Russia) it has proven to the US, China, NATO and Western Europe that they have absolutely nothing to fear from non-nuclear Russian forces.

by Anonymousreply 216January 19, 2023 5:18 PM

Russia has nuclear weapons and they have HUGE bombs. But also thousands of small tactical war heads that incinerate a city block or a power plant but produce no mushroom clouds. If they are exploded at a proper height above the ground, they do not produce longterm radiation poisoning either. Europe decommissioned most of the thousands of American provided weapons of this sort. There were once 4000 to counterbalance Soviet's stock.

You can count on Russia having nukes.

For my money, the public should be educated about the small nukes so there is not complete pandemonium if and when Russia uses one.

by Anonymousreply 217January 19, 2023 6:20 PM

I'm no expert, but I believe it was the Peloponnesian War which was described as neither side winning, just years of grinding losses? Everything old is new again.

by Anonymousreply 218January 19, 2023 6:24 PM

The Korean War ground to a permanent stall.

by Anonymousreply 219January 19, 2023 6:26 PM

R218, that’s more a description of the Hundred Years’ War. I think Sparta pretty much destroyed Athens by the end of the Peloponnesian War. In any event, both wars were the product of rivalries between two essentially equal forces, which isn’t the case here.

by Anonymousreply 220January 19, 2023 6:45 PM

Agreed, r205, Mia.

Britain and the US are ovah Putin’s ratfucking. Of course, we BOTH have people and parties who are beholden to him and his dirty $$. Those people are trying to prevent offensive weapons from going to Ukraine but they will fail.

I have a feeling that once Putin gets his ass handed to him, there will suddenly be all sorts of nutters who simply fade away. Now, the crazies will always be around and Putin will amp up his vatnik trolls to 11 but it will be a last, desperate effort before the end of him.

We all need to more aware in the future of their tactics.

by Anonymousreply 221January 19, 2023 7:38 PM

What would be the strategic aim of starting a nuclear war after declaring you'd lost Ukraine? What could Putin hope to gain? He'd have to have gone so crazy he'd beat Dr Strangelove in a crazy race.

by Anonymousreply 222January 22, 2023 2:07 PM

Putin is just trying to delay his loss until his death, imo. I think he is dying from cancer and doesn't want to be murdered before the cancer kills him. Either way, just die already.

by Anonymousreply 223January 22, 2023 2:36 PM

The fear is Putin escalates Ukraine into nuclear attacks on Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 224January 22, 2023 2:59 PM

Would someone very kindly explain to me why so many are angry at us for not sending more powerful weapons and equipment to Ukraine? Isn't the reason bc it would violate NATO rules or some such? Why aren't they angry at other countries, why us?

by Anonymousreply 225January 22, 2023 3:34 PM

Would someone very kindly explain to me why so many are angry at us for not sending more powerful weapons and equipment to Ukraine? Isn't the reason bc it would violate NATO rules or some such? Why aren't they angry at other countries, why us?

by Anonymousreply 226January 22, 2023 3:34 PM

Donated Sea King Helicopter Makes Debut Near Black Sea

New video shows the ex-Royal Navy helicopter sporting Ukrainian blue and gold for the first time during operations near the Black Sea.

Ukraine just imported itself a lot of problems

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227January 22, 2023 11:36 PM

Brilliant video, but is it really that dangerous?

by Anonymousreply 228January 22, 2023 11:41 PM

[quote] is it really that dangerous?

Never flown one myself but the design goes back to the early 60s and the production line stopped in the 70s. That song was written by military pilots as late as 2002 so now 21 years later I'd recommend you take the bus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229January 23, 2023 12:41 AM

R229 Yeesh, that is scary.

by Anonymousreply 230January 23, 2023 12:43 AM

Russia is doing fine.

by Anonymousreply 231January 23, 2023 12:43 AM

Kind of gross dumping all this old shit on desperate Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 232January 23, 2023 12:58 AM

r231, give it a rest, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 233January 23, 2023 1:39 AM

R226, by “US”, I’m guessing you mean the US?

There was a big protest in Germany this past weekend where people demanded that Germany send the Leopard tanks they’ve been promising to Ukraine. It’s not just the US where people are angry about the lack of heavy equipment going into Ukraine.

There are also Ukrainian military training to use more US artillery. This stuff isn’t WWII leftovers that someone could figure out in a day (like the Russians are using). This is computerized stuff and it’s all IN ENGLISH.

IDK about you but if I had to learn what “pew, pew” and “no pew” looked like in Cyrillic, it would take longer than a few days.

by Anonymousreply 234January 23, 2023 6:29 PM

Why Leopards are such a big deal and why they make sense for Ukraine (I didn't realize their percentage was so high).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235January 24, 2023 4:45 AM

R234- Earlier today I read some posts on the Ukraine Reddit sub. They believe we could send the needed weapons to end this war but are not going to do that bc we are bleeding Russia out at the expensive of the Ukrainian people and that is why we are getting the majority of the criticism.

by Anonymousreply 236January 24, 2023 6:30 AM

R226 I think it would only be breaking NATO rules if Ukraine was trying to make aggressive incursions INTO Russia.

Putin would of course say they were, in trying to claim back their own territories that he has already occupied, but nobody else is buying that one.

by Anonymousreply 237January 24, 2023 11:16 AM

[quote] we are bleeding Russia out at the expens[iv]e of the Ukrainian people

This idea that NATO and the US are fighting a "proxy war" against Russia at the expense of Ukrainian lives is premised on a total denial of agency to the Ukrainians and their elected government—as if Ukraine were just a big empty battle zone with no one worth listening to in it. I'd argue that that whole idea is basically pro-Putin and anti-democracy, since it denies the value of the people's voices and votes and of self-determination, and tendentiously draws an equivalence between democracy and authoritarian kleptocracy.

by Anonymousreply 238January 24, 2023 11:29 AM

Not long after the war started, an astrologer online predicted that the hostilities will end with a shrunken or contracted Ukraine because of the influence of the planet Saturn. Makes sense to me as there's no foreseeable way that Ukraine will get those eastern provinces between Russia and Crimea back.

by Anonymousreply 239January 24, 2023 3:18 PM

[quote] there's no foreseeable way that Ukraine will get those eastern provinces between Russia and Crimea back

But your evidence/source for that is... an online astrologer.

by Anonymousreply 240January 24, 2023 5:18 PM

No, that was my own opinion independent of the astrologer.

by Anonymousreply 241January 24, 2023 6:20 PM

[quote] an astrologer online predicted that the hostilities will end with a shrunken or contracted Ukraine because of the influence of the planet Saturn

I'm no astrologer and I made the same prediction, based not on the stars but on the historical precedent of Stalin sacrificing a million casualties and 3000 tanks to take the portions of Finland he felt Russia needed prior to WW2.. That war likewise exposed how inadequate were the then Soviet military doctrines and logistics leading to the reforms by which they fought the Germans.

by Anonymousreply 242January 24, 2023 8:09 PM

Biden sending Abrams tanks to Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243January 24, 2023 8:22 PM

[quote] as Germany authorizes the transfer of Leopard tanks to the Ukrainian military.

As Germany authorizes 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑏𝑜𝑑𝑦 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒 to transfer the tanks they bought from Germany, if they really really want to. The Russian proxy control of German policy through Schroder, Stasi Merkel, and now Scholz is a really remarkable story general media closes their eyes to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244January 24, 2023 8:40 PM

R243, I love that!

by Anonymousreply 245January 24, 2023 8:42 PM

Saturn's shifting power to the people after the shift to multinational corporations.

by Anonymousreply 246January 24, 2023 9:11 PM

Turkey blocks Sweden joining NATO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247January 25, 2023 1:37 AM

Hotcha, r246.

by Anonymousreply 248January 25, 2023 1:39 AM

Turkey thinks a lot of itself.

by Anonymousreply 249January 25, 2023 1:57 AM

R233, let's revisit this in 6 months, shall we?

by Anonymousreply 250January 25, 2023 4:41 AM

R231, I believe you used the present tense. Are you now switching to "Russia will be fine 6 months from now"?

by Anonymousreply 251January 25, 2023 11:08 AM

Western countries of Europe, and the US need to rethink their attitude about political assassinations. Putin needs to be put down like the rabid dog he is. Then we need to move on to Hu Flung Dung in N. Korea, that turkey in Turkey Erdogan, that corrupt bastard in China, and several on the African continent.

by Anonymousreply 252January 25, 2023 11:30 AM

Can NATO kick turkey out? Authoritarian goat fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 253January 25, 2023 11:49 AM

We need Turkey.

by Anonymousreply 254January 25, 2023 5:56 PM

So Erdoğan's price for letting Sweden into NATO is for them to abandon basic human rights—to protest, to speak freely, to criticize religions. He's pushing democratic Europe towards autocracy and theocracy the same as Orbán is doing in the EU.

by Anonymousreply 255January 25, 2023 6:39 PM

Erdoğan probably likes the money the displaced Russians are spending in Turkey.

by Anonymousreply 256January 25, 2023 6:42 PM

Russians AND Ukrainians.

by Anonymousreply 257January 25, 2023 6:42 PM

[quote]Russians AND Ukrainians.

Don't forget the comedy of criminals that Zelensky replaced.

by Anonymousreply 258January 25, 2023 7:43 PM

Moscow and St. Petersburg need to be bombed like Dresden.

by Anonymousreply 259January 25, 2023 11:20 PM

I just want to know where Lev and Igor are in all of this. They used to be so busy.

by Anonymousreply 260January 25, 2023 11:27 PM

After Russia loses this war [bold](and they will)[/bold], that entire country needs to be partitioned into spheres of influence the same way that Germany was following WWII.

by Anonymousreply 261January 25, 2023 11:37 PM

^^I'm thinking a Russia carved up six ways between the US, UK, Japan, EU, etc. would be fair.

China -- watch your back. You're next.

by Anonymousreply 262January 25, 2023 11:41 PM

I hope Turkey doesn't block Sweden (and Finland?) from NATO. From Bloomberg link:

"Alliance leaders should press Erdogan to approve the Nordic countries’ bid no later than May 18, which would be a full year since they applied for membership. If Turkey resists, the US Congress should respond by halting the sale of F-16 fighter jets to Ankara. NATO should reduce Turkey’s participation in joint exercises and sideline Erdogan at the NATO leaders’ summit in July. Expulsion from the alliance — an unprecedented step — should also be on the table."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263January 26, 2023 1:01 AM

Also, his trouser do not fit.

by Anonymousreply 264January 26, 2023 1:08 AM

Illustrative video of how President Zelenskyy has changed in a year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265January 26, 2023 1:47 AM

Poor guy has the weight of his people on his shoulders. Good luck Ukraine////////////////////////////

by Anonymousreply 266January 26, 2023 7:38 AM

World war is on the horizon. Russia is going to go full Blitz on Ukraine in the coming weeks . Russia will fight like hell

by Anonymousreply 267January 26, 2023 10:33 AM

Isn’t that what they’ve been doing, R267?

by Anonymousreply 268January 26, 2023 11:30 AM

Seriously, r265 and r266. I think the last person in the world I’d want to be is this guy. I cannot imagine the pressure he’s under.

by Anonymousreply 269January 26, 2023 11:44 AM

I hate joe biden for sending those creeps in Ukraine all that money knowing Putin's time was running out. America has tremendous problems in our own backyard, we cant afford to play captain save a hoe to other countries until the pandemic is officially declared over.

by Anonymousreply 270January 26, 2023 11:46 AM

R267, you obviously have never been to Russia. I have, many times for work. They have an extremely serious problem with alcoholism and it affects young, old, male, and female, and particularly lower and working class men. They will never fight hard because many of them are not sober. And if you think they can’t get hooch on the front, you’re wrong, they make their own. And their commanders are right along side of them when it comes to drinking.

The men they’re bringing to replace the dead are in even worse shape. So Russia can exhort them all they want—it just isn’t going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 271January 26, 2023 11:53 AM

Stupid troll alert at R270.

by Anonymousreply 272January 26, 2023 12:07 PM

"Russia is going to go full Blitz on Ukraine in the coming weeks . Russia will fight like hell"

Those drunks, R267? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 273January 26, 2023 12:09 PM

When you say "blitz" r267, do you mean nuclear bombs? Is Putin an insane madman who will endanger the world (even more than he is already)?

by Anonymousreply 274January 26, 2023 12:10 PM

Stupid Russian fangurl alert at R272

by Anonymousreply 275January 26, 2023 12:11 PM

Hunty, R275, I'm no Russian fangurl. Those drunk losers? I'm wet for the sexy dude Zelenskyy!

by Anonymousreply 276January 26, 2023 12:13 PM

I like how R270 attempts to disguise their glaring pro-Russia crap with "Putin's time is running out." Clever twist, Natasha, but your soiled slip is showing. (And what the hell does the pandemic have to do with anything?)

by Anonymousreply 277January 26, 2023 12:30 PM

R270 is just a silly, stupid Russian troll with a prolapsed asshole from taking empty Russian vodka bottles in her hole. You can ignore her.

by Anonymousreply 278January 26, 2023 12:37 PM

R277 it has everything to do with not sending hundreds of millions of dollars to other countries when there are vast homeless populations in major US cities like Los Angeles and New York city. Crime and food prices are skyrocketing Americans are broke and struggling. And shut the fuck up about me being Russian you have no idea how stupid you sound. I live in downtown Phoenix and the homeless population is out of control. I can't walk down the street without numerous homeless people begging me for spare change. There are tents everywhere downtown for the homeless to live in. Every day is extremely depressing. Just shut the fuck up. You are obviously an extremely sheltered and privileged cunt if you can't recognize this country is in shambles and a shell of what it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 279January 26, 2023 12:42 PM

R279 seems to think supporting the war in Ukraine is taking food and shelter from all those homeless she sees in Phoenix. Boy, what a rube you are, R279.

By the way, do you read the news? The economy is up 2.9% as of today--more of an upturn than was even expected.

by Anonymousreply 280January 26, 2023 12:48 PM

R278 fuck off you privileged cunt! Dont skip your next antiviral dose or the hiv will ravish your anorexic tattered body. Go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 281January 26, 2023 12:49 PM

Oh, my. Someone is cramping. I suggest a double dose of Midol, R281. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 282January 26, 2023 12:50 PM

Read this R280 GO FUCK YOURSELF!

by Anonymousreply 283January 26, 2023 12:50 PM

WHAT A RESPONSE, R283! Thanks for proving my point, you fucking hick. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 284January 26, 2023 12:52 PM

I suggest you take those hiv meds R282 and too bad they wont make your stupidity undetectable. R284 you have no point you aids ravaged whore🖕🖕

by Anonymousreply 285January 26, 2023 12:54 PM

R279/R283/R285 is some MAGAt from Arizona who's up very early this morning bitching about Ukraine.

It seems you also have sand in your vadge. A good douching should help that.

by Anonymousreply 286January 26, 2023 12:57 PM

You would know all about douching you bottom bitch R286. Go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 287January 26, 2023 1:00 PM

The "go fuck yourself" MAGAt troll at R287, et al, really has a limited vocabulary.

Tell me, R287, how do you currently feel about your dear leader, currently in exile at Maga Lardo? Will you be supporting him in the next election?

by Anonymousreply 288January 26, 2023 1:03 PM

The Russian troll bullshit is really old R288 the irony of you talking about a limited vocabulary.

by Anonymousreply 289January 26, 2023 1:05 PM

Do you have reading comprehension issues, R289? I'm not calling you a Russian troll. I'm calling you a MAGAt. And you didn't answer my question: are you supporting Trump again?

by Anonymousreply 290January 26, 2023 1:07 PM

R288 Spend just five minutes in downtown Phoenix which currently resembles a third world country in first world America and see how Russian that is you privileged troll.

by Anonymousreply 291January 26, 2023 1:08 PM

I never supported him in the first place R290. I know this site is anonymous but my God the stupid ASSumptions made about other posters is nothing short of hilarious. You cant see what I look like you're only guessing based on this stupid back and forth.

by Anonymousreply 292January 26, 2023 1:11 PM

R291/R292, we know you're a MAGAt. You drip MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 293January 26, 2023 1:15 PM

Funny how all the MAGAts like this one from Phoenix disown their dear leader when it suits them.

by Anonymousreply 294January 26, 2023 1:16 PM

You drip cum from last nights raw gangbang R293 I'm no trump supporter but again ironic of you to talk about anyone's limited vocabulary when you ASSume that everyone who disagrees with you is either a Russian troll or a MAGA there's no in-between with you small minded cunts. Same for the idiot R294

by Anonymousreply 295January 26, 2023 1:20 PM

"You cant see what I look like you're only guessing based on this stupid back and forth."

We don't need to see you, R292. Your words are very revealing.

by Anonymousreply 296January 26, 2023 1:21 PM

R295, you're a MAGAt. We all know it. And why are you so obsessed with HIV?

by Anonymousreply 297January 26, 2023 1:22 PM

"Phoenix which currently resembles a third world country"

MARY, R291!

by Anonymousreply 298January 26, 2023 1:24 PM

It actually reveals nothing R296 keep ASSuming tho shit for brains. And keep proving my point R297 I MUST be MAGA because I dont agree with you. There couldn't possibly be other Americans who feel similarly 🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 299January 26, 2023 1:25 PM

R291=Kari Lake

by Anonymousreply 300January 26, 2023 1:25 PM

No, R299, you're a MAGAt because of your words. Tell me, how do you feel about Katie Hobbs? Did you vote for her?

by Anonymousreply 301January 26, 2023 1:26 PM

Hope you can get the relief from vaginal cramps you so desperately need, R299.

by Anonymousreply 302January 26, 2023 1:27 PM

Fuck your MARY you prick 298. R300 actually= fed up American struggling to get by. R301 why would you ask me if I voted for Hobbs when you are convinced that I'm MAGA LOL. Are you fucking stupid? Nevermind I already know the answer is yes. R302 suck my DICK

by Anonymousreply 303January 26, 2023 1:29 PM

R298 I mean fuck your MARY🖕

by Anonymousreply 304January 26, 2023 1:30 PM

Oh, dear. Poor MARY R298/R303. I asked if you voted for Hobbs or did you support Lake? It was a simple question.

by Anonymousreply 305January 26, 2023 1:32 PM

R288: You’re a MAGAt

Troll: Why do you assume I’m Russian?

Interesting bit of word association with this piece of shit traitor, tipping its hand there

by Anonymousreply 306January 26, 2023 1:34 PM

That was for the MARY at R299/R303.

by Anonymousreply 307January 26, 2023 1:34 PM

"Traitor," R303? Spoken like a MAGAt!

by Anonymousreply 308January 26, 2023 1:35 PM

This troll writes like he’s preteen

by Anonymousreply 309January 26, 2023 1:35 PM

[quote]Tell me, how do you feel about Katie Hobbs? Did you vote for her?

Thats what you actually asked R305 no mention of Kari Lake. Now on top of being retarded i now also think you're schizophrenic. What a sad cunt you are

by Anonymousreply 310January 26, 2023 1:35 PM

Sorry, that was for the MAGAt MARY at R306.

by Anonymousreply 311January 26, 2023 1:36 PM

He references other posters like he’s never seen the internet before

by Anonymousreply 312January 26, 2023 1:36 PM

I'm asking now, R310--who'd you vote for?

by Anonymousreply 313January 26, 2023 1:36 PM

no R309 but I know you lust after preteens pedo trash

by Anonymousreply 314January 26, 2023 1:36 PM

[quote] suck my DICK

…and is stupid enough to think this is a burning insult on a gay site

by Anonymousreply 315January 26, 2023 1:38 PM

R313 you're fucking retarded. Why should I answer your questions when you can't even get them right? 🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 316January 26, 2023 1:38 PM

Says the moron who can’t quote or post a reference right

by Anonymousreply 317January 26, 2023 1:39 PM

R315 go take those antivirals before you collapse fag boy

by Anonymousreply 318January 26, 2023 1:39 PM

Clearly this is just some stupid child who thinks he’s a keyboard warrior because he can type a little

by Anonymousreply 319January 26, 2023 1:40 PM

Another non-answer, R316. Why won't you tell us?

by Anonymousreply 320January 26, 2023 1:40 PM

Wow one troll tanked this thread.

by Anonymousreply 321January 26, 2023 1:40 PM

…and it thinks being homophobic is “edgy” and “funny”

by Anonymousreply 322January 26, 2023 1:41 PM

R317= projecting retard who lied about mentioning Kari Lake only to throw and throw the question in later. Dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 323January 26, 2023 1:41 PM

Any Ukraine/Putin thread will inevitably bring out trolls like the MAGAt MARY from Phoenix, who stupidly revealed everything about herself.

by Anonymousreply 324January 26, 2023 1:42 PM

R323 doesn't know whom she's even referring to on this thread. Wrong, MARY.

by Anonymousreply 325January 26, 2023 1:42 PM

[quote] Another non-answer, [R316]. Why won't you tell us?

You won’t get an answer. Not a real one. Trolls don’t engage in conversation. They have nothing to offer a conversation. They just shitpost to try to shut that conversation down.

by Anonymousreply 326January 26, 2023 1:43 PM

R323--Hobbs or Lake? Who did you vote for?

by Anonymousreply 327January 26, 2023 1:43 PM

[quote] Wow one troll tanked this thread.

That was its purpose. Trolls’ main objective is to shut down conversations they don’t like.

by Anonymousreply 328January 26, 2023 1:44 PM

Tanks are rolling into Ukraine from Germany and the U.S. And it's about time. This will significantly fuck Putin and his drunk army even harder.

by Anonymousreply 329January 26, 2023 1:46 PM

R328 YEP you got me! And you all fell right into my trap hahaha

by Anonymousreply 330January 26, 2023 1:48 PM

General Petraeus: "Putin is in an unsustainable position." The tanks rolling in are an "iron fist" against Russia.

by Anonymousreply 331January 26, 2023 1:50 PM

Only a straight boy would assume "suck my dick" was an insult on a gay website.

Go fuck off back to Breitbart, Nazi scum.

by Anonymousreply 332January 26, 2023 1:50 PM

Yes, R332, it's true--and did you see how the MARY bristles at being called a MARY?

by Anonymousreply 333January 26, 2023 1:52 PM

And now disengaging from the idiot breeder troll who I've got blocked anyways:

We know Putin is going to kick the bucket at some point here. I'm guessing the big question is what happens right after that? Do the even looper hardliners take over and escalate even further into scorched earth insanity?

by Anonymousreply 334January 26, 2023 1:53 PM

R333 I enjoy being called MAGA now. Do try and keep up dear.

by Anonymousreply 335January 26, 2023 1:54 PM

No, R334, they want to back off from this suicdal position Putin has put them in. They would love to see him dead so they can move on. Their economy is destroyed, and it's only getting worse for them.

by Anonymousreply 336January 26, 2023 1:55 PM

Of course you do, R335--because you've proven you are one. Except the term is MAGAT, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 337January 26, 2023 1:56 PM

Notice how the MAGAt at R335 is trying to co-opt the DL phrase "do keep up dear" to pretend she's something other than a MAGAt--that she's one of us. What a transparent fool.

by Anonymousreply 338January 26, 2023 1:58 PM

Keep up with what, R335? We've been calling you a MAGAt for several posts now, dear.

by Anonymousreply 339January 26, 2023 1:59 PM

You're so right R337 R338 R339 it's just all apart of my insidious plan to troll DL and each response you give me feeds my enormous ego.

by Anonymousreply 340January 26, 2023 2:01 PM

[quote]No, [R334], they want to back off from this suicdal position Putin has put them in.

I have no doubts that the majority of Russians are fucking sick of this mess. (at least the ones who aren't soaking up the propaganda.) But aren't the hardliners mostly in power positions at the Kremlin?

Could be one big messy palace coup when Putin bites it. Or perhaps a repeat of 1991 where the hardliners try to take over and get shoved out.

by Anonymousreply 341January 26, 2023 2:04 PM

Yes, R341, Putin has singlehandedly destroyed Russia's economy, and it won't recover for many years.

by Anonymousreply 342January 26, 2023 2:06 PM

Panzzzzeeeeer!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 343January 26, 2023 2:07 PM

Fucking pig. Let him drown in his own blood.

by Anonymousreply 344January 26, 2023 2:11 PM

[quote] Only a straight boy would assume "suck my dick" was an insult on a gay website.

That’s not true

Straight women also spew this as an insult, and they think they’re being extra “edgy” using it.

by Anonymousreply 345January 26, 2023 2:16 PM

No straight women I know do, R345. Can we stay on topic?

by Anonymousreply 346January 26, 2023 2:21 PM

Sure, r346, but only if you’ll stop responding to off-topic posts

by Anonymousreply 347January 26, 2023 2:27 PM

Everyone, PLEASE FF the MAGAt troll, then block it. The insult he directed to us about HIV is more than enough to reveal it as an outsider who doesn’t belong here, isn’t gay, and actually hates gays. The MAGA shit just solidifies that. If we all FF we can get it blocked by Muriel, at least for a few days.

by Anonymousreply 348January 26, 2023 2:29 PM

So pick a post. We can’t FF everything the twit has spewed. We have limited FFs

by Anonymousreply 349January 26, 2023 2:32 PM

R347, the troll had to be dealt with, and it was. You're not helping by making up shit about straight women. Moving on.

by Anonymousreply 350January 26, 2023 2:36 PM

^now, back to the thread at hand. I’m not familiar at all with land war strategy. I’m the poster above whose been to Russia and knows how dire the alcohol problem is. I have no doubt the tanks will be effective, but can someone explain why in particular the German and US tanks are superior? I know Russia’s tanks are shit since they’ve been cannibalized and are old, but what superiority are we gaining? Is it simply because Ukraine doesn’t have tanks? Or are these tanks superior?

by Anonymousreply 351January 26, 2023 2:37 PM

R349, I’m not sure, but I don’t think it matters unless the troll is using multiple accounts. If it gets enough FFs I think it gets a time out.

But yes, on to the topic at hand.

by Anonymousreply 352January 26, 2023 2:40 PM

No, R351, these tanks will be very effective. The American tanks being given aren't ideal for the terrain in Ukraine but they'll be highly effective.

by Anonymousreply 353January 26, 2023 2:43 PM

Thanks, r353! Now I’m going to follow up with some more dumb questions. How will they be used specifically? Do they target other tanks? Do they target soldiers? Is their superiority the only factor? Will they transport soldiers?

I’m just so fascinated by this and am pretty clueless.

by Anonymousreply 354January 26, 2023 2:49 PM

Here you are, R354.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355January 26, 2023 2:57 PM

And this, R354.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356January 26, 2023 2:58 PM

[quote] [R347], the troll had to be dealt with, and it was. You're not helping by making up shit about straight women. Moving on

It’s quite possible this troll was biologically female. Several indicating factors are there.

by Anonymousreply 357January 26, 2023 4:47 PM

Thanks, r355 and r356! Just what I’m looking for… appreciate it!

by Anonymousreply 358January 26, 2023 5:25 PM

Can we all agree to address the MAGAT troll as nonbinary just to piss them off?

by Anonymousreply 359January 26, 2023 5:58 PM

Put has enough bodies to sacrifice, and enough money coming in from selling natural resources despite the European & North American embargo, and enough BOMBS, to destroy Ukraine and half of Europe if he so chooses.

by Anonymousreply 360January 26, 2023 6:10 PM

He has bodies but trained personnel? He's got to be scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point, there's been so many casualties.

As far as going nuclear, hasn't that been debunked? Too many of his people won't go along with it despite the big talk.

by Anonymousreply 361January 26, 2023 6:18 PM

Possibly, r360 but he has NO ONE sober enough to man his busted ass, broke down equipment.

He may have plenty of money and bodies but his money can only buy cut rate shit from Iran and North Korea. Ukraine is getting equipment and supplies from the UK, the US, Poland, Sweden, Germany and, I believe, Slovakia just agreed to send them some equipment also.

Pootz wanted a Rolls Royce and got an exploding Tesla

by Anonymousreply 362January 26, 2023 6:20 PM

I agree with all the info mentioned after my post at R360. But the coming destruction by missiles of Ukraine is going to be a very difficult passage. This will be mid winter or early spring. We just saw Russia not hesitating to drop missiles on a still populated Kyiv. The missiles will not go directly into government buildings, compounds, and historic sites, and besides being physically destructive, will be soul crushing.

by Anonymousreply 363January 26, 2023 6:26 PM

Big typo. The missiles will NOW go directly on important sites. Next. Putin will destroy Kyiv, and I think soon.

by Anonymousreply 364January 26, 2023 6:27 PM

R563, my only question is why haven’t they done it by now before they took untold casualties, mostly his elite soldiers? He’s now drafting felons and people off the street. What’s he waiting for?

by Anonymousreply 365January 26, 2023 6:30 PM

Putin's somewhere in the third reel of "Downfall" at this point. As are his troll armies crowing about military resources that quite simply don't exist.

by Anonymousreply 366January 26, 2023 6:33 PM

Sure, MARY R360/R364. Wishful thinking on your part, you gash.

by Anonymousreply 367January 26, 2023 6:50 PM

R360 and all her gashy posts are officially blocked. I suggest everyone do the same. She's just that MAGAt Mary Putin ass licker.

by Anonymousreply 368January 26, 2023 6:52 PM

Yeah, you’re right r368. And don’t forget the shit she said about everyone getting HIV. I was hoping Muriel would throw her into the junk pile but I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 369January 26, 2023 7:00 PM

Hey, that HIV shitstirrer wasn't me. Use trolldar. I am a new troll and started posting at R360.

by Anonymousreply 370January 26, 2023 7:03 PM

R363, what coming missile strike?. He's almost out of the missiles he's been using, and will have to resort to ancient cruise missiles that are highly inaccurate and easily shot down, and/or use up the few new hyperexpensive hypersonic missiles they have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371January 26, 2023 7:42 PM

Wouldn't "the few" missiles remaining suffice?

Anyway I hope he doesn't do it.

And I am not the ridiculous unhinged troll up thread that you have accused me of being.

I do watch German and French news daily and I live in Europe. Putin is manufacturing new missiles every mouth. And has a few thousand small tactical nuclear weapons. Russia is still making 640 million euros per day selling natural resources. That is down but but it's still a lot. That is enough to buy the few deadly missiles he would need.

by Anonymousreply 372January 26, 2023 7:47 PM

Didn’t Kyiv also just receive or about to receive the Patriot Missile system to shoot down incoming bullshit from Putin? If they don’t have it now, it’s coming and the Ukrainians are being trained on it.

Plus, with the amount of drones in the air and radar, anything incoming would certainly set off the air raid sirens.

That deranged loser can bomb all he wants. All it does is make everyone madder AT HIM. He’s losing and he’s DYING.

PUTIN IS DYING if he ain’t already DEAD. His pathetic dreams of “Empire” and “Tsar” are as dead as Kevin Sorbo’s career.

by Anonymousreply 373January 26, 2023 7:51 PM

I agree with all that. But if he's not dead the next few months will be a tightrope war of nerves.

by Anonymousreply 374January 26, 2023 7:54 PM

Starting in the late 1980s, many new-production M1A1s for the U.S. military began to feature composite armor packages that include depleted uranium (DU), a metal known for its high density, and other materials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375January 26, 2023 8:08 PM

R372, are you talking about delivering nukes or conventional warheads? If nukes, then just one missile is enough. If conventional, the way they've been bombing up till now with ~70 missiles/drones at a time, then no, he's not got enough to continue for more than a few strikes. Read the Newsweek article.

by Anonymousreply 376January 26, 2023 8:12 PM

Newsweek? Seriously? Yes tactical nukes that take out a city block, a power plant. Rather than entire cities.

And with conventional weapons, same reaction. You say no more than a few more strikes. But it only takes "a few more strikes" to destroy things spiritually and tactically central to Ukrainians and the world. I am NOT saying Ukrainian spirit will be defeated, but it will be challenged when there is no more electricity, and their cultural heritage is obliterated.

by Anonymousreply 377January 26, 2023 8:17 PM

R377, are you living in October 2021 when Russia thought it could bring Ukraine to its knees by lobbing missiles and drones into power stations? Since then, Ukraine has been able to shoot down the vast majority of the weekly attacks, and have restored power in a surprisingly short period of time in most major cities. Ukrainians resolve and morale has certainly not been diminished by these attacks, they've been bolstered. And the worst of the winter is mostly past, so it's not terribly likely that even tactical nukes on power stations would have the results you and Russia seem to expect.

by Anonymousreply 378January 26, 2023 8:33 PM

Hey trolls, remember when you crowed about how Russia was going to overrun all of Ukraine in three days?

Good times.

by Anonymousreply 379January 26, 2023 8:35 PM

Putin must be out of Iranian drones as well.

by Anonymousreply 380January 26, 2023 9:59 PM

Yes, R380, we haven't heard anything more about those drones. The well's running dry for the old cunt Putin.

by Anonymousreply 381January 26, 2023 10:04 PM

US tanks 𝑚𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 reach Ukraine by 2024. Tanks will have to be built first.

While the White House has said Ukrainians need the more advanced capabilities to gear up for a fresh Russian offensive expected this spring, the US tanks won’t roll into eastern Europe until the predicted push is a distant memory.

“We just don’t have these tanks available in excess in our US stocks, which is why it is going to take months to transfer these M1A2 Abrams to Ukraine,” Singh said, referencing the specific newer version of the tank the US will send.

White House officials warned Wednesday it could take up to a year before Kyiv receives the tanks that President Biden publicly pledged because they would be purchased new with Congressionally approved funds as part of the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative.

While the Pentagon typically takes about four days to prepare and deliver weapons that come from US stocks to Ukraine, those sourced through the USAI program can take months to deliver — or even years — as the government identifies and hires defense contractors who then build the weapons from scratch.

“We are using the USAI to show a long-term commitment,” Singh said. “It’s not about delay; we just do not have these Abrams available in our stocks to give the Ukrainians at this time.”

Q: Sabrina, is there a shortage of M-1 Abram tanks? Is that why you're having to go through the procurement process that's not going to allow them to be there until, you know, almost a year's time? Why not just take them off the shelf to get them in the fight sooner?

MS. SINGH: That's a great question. We are using the USAI because that's exactly it. We just don't have these tanks available in excess in our U.S. stocks, which is why it is going to take months to transfer these M1A2 Abrams to Ukraine. And I think that you have to remember, I mean, as you probably know, these tanks are going to require training, maintenance, sustainment that is going to take a very long time to also train the Ukrainians on. And so, because of that -- and we took that into account -- that's why we are using the USAI capability in order to procure these tanks for the Ukrainians.

Q: And what changed from Tuesday to Thursday, when here at the podium we heard that the M1 Abrams was too difficult logistically to support, it was the wrong weapon to be sent, and then hearing that the President had authorized 31 to be sent?

MS. SINGH: Well, I don't think that -- I would just say that, you know, we stand by the statements that we made from here at the podium, and that you've heard Secretary Austin and the chairman say before. These are going to be difficult capabilities to maintain and sustain. We stand by that. There's going to be challenges to them.

Q: That's why I asked. So this -- this implies that you're going to upgrade older-model M1A1s that are not in the active Army inventory into this A2 configuration. Is -- is that accurate?

MS. SINGH: We're working through the details right now. We're trying to procure new tanks through the USAI. But, again, we're working through those details right now, so I don't have any additional updates on that.

Q: So new tanks implies building from scratch, taking pieces together putting -- that's not the way the Army's done it for the last 20 years. Wanted to check into that, actually.

MS. SINGH: Well, it would -- it would entail working with industry and -- and contracting those out, and part of that is acquiring new tanks. So that's where the process -- that is our goal in the process. In terms of final delivery, again, we'll keep you updated on that, but that is the goal of what we announced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382January 27, 2023 12:30 AM

The NY Post, R382? Total bullshit it wll take a year to get tanks to Ukraine. It was reported today it will take months.

by Anonymousreply 383January 27, 2023 12:38 AM

I was watching some military expert on DW (Deutsche Welle - German news channel), and he said the soonest the German Leopard (sp?) tanks could get there and ready to use is 6 weeks (at a push).

They're not just in Germany - Italy has some, maybe some other countries.

I think to get Scholz to change his position, it was required for the US to pledge tanks - even though they may not be practical and it may take months. Maybe Macron promised the French would try to send tanks - I can't remember what theirs are called, but they're not Leopards (or Abrams, obvs)

by Anonymousreply 384January 27, 2023 12:41 AM

Looked it up - the French tank is called the "Leclerc". He gave numbers - like how many the Germans and French have now and could spare, but I can't remember. Enough for "one battallion" for sure, within six weeks or so, whatever a battallion is.

Hell I know jack shit about military crap. What a shame we have to think about all this, in Europe of all places. Oh and they showed a photograph of a tank now being used by Russia and it was in a museum - an old looking thing - I think the T14-Armata, not nearly as good as the Leopard.

by Anonymousreply 385January 27, 2023 12:45 AM

The T14-Armata was supposed to be Russia's super-duper advanced tank platform that was going to outclass Western tanks, but they've had nothing but production and design delays and have only been able to build a few prototypes, which keep breaking down. They don't have the electronic components to build more even if it worked. I saw an article yesterday that intimated they've given up on it. They're down to using tanks from the early 1960's and even some WWII era tanks being pulled out of mothballs.

by Anonymousreply 386January 27, 2023 2:23 AM

Human wave attacks, criminals used as cannon fodder and tens of thousands dead: How Putin 'won' the Battle of Soledar in Ukraine at a massive cost in human lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387January 27, 2023 2:24 AM

Another large missile barrage this morning. 47 cruise missiles shot down, and all 24 Iranian Shahed drones shot down (100% kill ratee).

by Anonymousreply 388January 27, 2023 4:06 AM

That's great soldiering! Bravo. How many missiles landed?

by Anonymousreply 389January 27, 2023 1:36 PM

10, R389, killing at least 7 and damaging one power station I believe.

by Anonymousreply 390January 28, 2023 12:30 AM

"If Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine had succeeded in 2022, Ukraine's industries would have been seized and taken over by Russian oligarchs. A leaked document shows that oligarch Konstantin Malofeev intended to create a 'DMZ Concern' from Ukraine's largest plants"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391February 2, 2023 2:48 AM

That may be part of the reason why the oligarchs haven't been objecting too much to the war yet, R391 - they still hold hope for future takeovers.

by Anonymousreply 392February 2, 2023 3:02 AM

R392: well that and the persistent problem of oligarchs falling out of windows.

by Anonymousreply 393February 2, 2023 1:35 PM

[QUOTE] The EU, US and Canada have sanctioned Malofeev for trying to destabilise Ukraine and finance separatism. He's closely linked to pro-Russian separatists and was the former employer of Igor Girkin. He's been accused of funding radical nationalist movements across Europe.

Is this guy still alive? Why doesn’t the CIA just take him out?

by Anonymousreply 394February 2, 2023 5:35 PM

The CIA figures ol’ Poots will do it for them. Why waste all that effort when Putin will just have him “windowed” eventually?

by Anonymousreply 395February 2, 2023 6:27 PM

The news is reporting that Putin is amassing a huge force of 500,000 to try to salvage his doomed war. I only see a lot of dead people since many of them are going to be badly trained and poorly equipped. It's sickening what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 396February 2, 2023 10:28 PM

Putin will be loading cannons with foot soldiers and firing his fodder at a wall of European tanks.

I hope Ukraine invades Russia.

by Anonymousreply 397February 2, 2023 10:33 PM

Its 2023. How does a dictator have the police and security apparatus to manufacture consent form the families of 1/2 million men to be used as cannon fodder?

by Anonymousreply 398February 2, 2023 10:39 PM

consent FROM

by Anonymousreply 399February 2, 2023 10:40 PM

if half a million or million families when to the Kremlin and demanded a ceasefire, what would Putin do? Ask his troops to slaughter them all?

by Anonymousreply 400February 2, 2023 10:41 PM

This is my favorite expert to listen to, to explain what's going on and what's likely to happen - and how it was enabled especially by George W. Bush - somewhat by Obama - and seeing the moron Trump come along, it was inevitable he woud make the moves in Ukraine that he did. Not that it's their fault - it's that he was looking for any signs of weakness or lack of resolve in countering him, and when he saw that, it was his opening. He operates like a gang- or mafia-boss, looking to take over more territory, resources, whatever, because that's what a "real man" does.

She also thinks Putin is convinced that Gorbachev was promised that there would be no NATO incursions into eastern Europe - when the promise was never made nor even asked for. (He thinks Gorbachev was rolled because he was weak and naive and he's just regaining Russia's integrity/pride/etc.

Julia Ioffe:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401February 2, 2023 10:46 PM

R398, it's embedded deep in the Russian psyche.

[quote]Your body belongs to the Tsar, your soul to God, and your back to the squire. - Russian proverb

by Anonymousreply 402February 2, 2023 11:13 PM

R401 interesting talk. thanks.

by Anonymousreply 403February 3, 2023 2:43 PM

Jeezus over 2 billion dollars we're giving a country we have no strategic interest in. Get this thing over with for fuck's sake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404February 3, 2023 5:02 PM

[quote] a country we have no strategic interest in

Just like we had no strategic interest in Britain in 1941.

by Anonymousreply 405February 3, 2023 6:41 PM

R404 doesn't understand, because she's feeble minded, that if Russia wins in Ukraine, the US and the rest of Europe will be fighting Putin in Poland and other countries because he has no intention of stopping with Ukraine. He wants to return the glorious drunken Russia to its former land glory.

by Anonymousreply 406February 3, 2023 7:06 PM

Oh, methinks R404 understands that perfectly well, R406. But then it'll be "Poland, a country we have no strategic interest in ..."

by Anonymousreply 407February 3, 2023 7:11 PM

You're probably right, R407. R404 is just a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 408February 3, 2023 7:27 PM

[quote] if Russia wins in Ukraine, the US and the rest of Europe will be fighting Putin in Poland and other countries because he has no intention of stopping with Ukraine

aka 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐷𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑜 𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑜𝑟𝑦

by Anonymousreply 409February 3, 2023 7:34 PM

Poland's in NATO you morons, he's not going to invade.

by Anonymousreply 410February 3, 2023 7:38 PM

Oh, yes, because Pootin is soooo respectful of NATO and sovereign nations. Who's a moron? Looking at you, moron R410. Now cunt off.

by Anonymousreply 411February 3, 2023 7:59 PM

NATO would destroy Russia in 48 hours. He wouldn’t invade.

by Anonymousreply 412February 3, 2023 8:05 PM

And what about the other nations not in NATO he has his eyes on? The idea he'll ever be satsified is a dream.

by Anonymousreply 413February 3, 2023 8:07 PM

Respectful of NATO enough that he freaks out and invades Ukraine when Ukraine thought about joining for about 5 minutes.. God you're an idiot R411

by Anonymousreply 414February 3, 2023 8:08 PM

The biggest idiot on this thread would use the words "respectful" and "Putin" in the same post. I repeat, R414: cunt off, you Putin-loving gash.

by Anonymousreply 415February 3, 2023 8:12 PM

R415 The loser cunts off, and that would be you, you drooling, lonely, hideous looking, flat-assed envious piece of shit. I know who you are.

by Anonymousreply 416February 3, 2023 8:22 PM

Do you, gash, R416? I know it must kill you that your dear leader whose cock you long to suck is failing miserably and driving his drunken shitbag country into ruin, but just keep that ass plug in your wide hole and think of Mother Russia. You're a loser just like the Mother Drunken Russia.

by Anonymousreply 417February 3, 2023 8:25 PM

Geopolitically a diminished Russia is definitely in the U.S.'s interest. The U.S. has long wanted that gas pipeline gone and now it is.

by Anonymousreply 418February 3, 2023 8:44 PM

R417 Be funnier.

by Anonymousreply 419February 3, 2023 8:44 PM

I eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 420February 3, 2023 8:46 PM

r411 is a Boris who turns into a cunt at the drop of a contrary FACT.

Restart your router, you need a new IPS, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 421February 3, 2023 9:25 PM

THAT'S a good one--I'm the Boris? You're the one defending his war and Glorious Mother Russia, comrade R421!

by Anonymousreply 422February 3, 2023 9:28 PM

R421 It's obsessed with pussy so I assumed it's an incel.

by Anonymousreply 423February 3, 2023 9:31 PM

R423 is trying to show shit to the wall to see what sticks, and failing miserably on all counts.

by Anonymousreply 424February 3, 2023 9:32 PM

The imperialist US tricked the Russians into invading their rightful Kievan heartland so that everybody would act mean to Russia!

by Anonymousreply 425February 3, 2023 9:53 PM

r422, You're the one defending his war and Glorious Mother Russia

Tovarich, tell Olga in HR you need more Critical English Reading classes.

Glasses?

by Anonymousreply 426February 3, 2023 10:23 PM

R426 is deliberately (unless she's senile) trying to say I'm the Putin troll, not her! Poor dear doesn't know the trail of posts can be followed to see who's who.

R426 is the equivalent of the 4-year-old troll-in-the-making saying, "I know you are but what am I?"

Hunty, I'm going out because I have a life, and when I come back, you'll be gone, because you're blocked and you're boring.

Bye, Boris!

by Anonymousreply 427February 3, 2023 10:31 PM

Sweetie, you are not THE Putin Troll, you are a sui generis Ruski Pizda.

Благослови твое сердце.

by Anonymousreply 428February 3, 2023 10:37 PM

Putin's lame excuses for invading Ukraine have been: They're all a bunch of Nazis. The Russian population there is being repressed and needs liberating. NATO is advancing. And there was even a few accusations that Ukraine attacked first. All bullshit. I'm glad Biden kept announcing Putin was going to invade, even as Putin kept saying, "Whhh? You're crazyQ I'm not going to invade!" Fucking liar, the Russian national pasttime.

by Anonymousreply 429February 4, 2023 12:18 AM

You can only trust a Russian as to what they have done. Putin knows this, but he did not know that the West was figuring out what he was going to do, while he did nothing.

Biden announcing what the Russians were going to do, superior intel, was a real kick in the Ruski Yaitse.

Putin did not think about what the West was doing while he was doing "nothing".

by Anonymousreply 430February 4, 2023 12:54 AM

Rumors are flying of a large invasion push by Russia around the anniversary of the initial invasion. I've seen talk of another attempt to take Kiev from Belarus, and the talk is conflated with a supposed new mobilization/conscription of 500,000 more men. Equipped with potato sacks and wooden sticks at this point, one would presume.

I've seen this talk from Polish and EU officials, but haven't heard any US voices. And Russia continues their incessant, boring sabre-rattling.

Putin would love to pull a grand sweeping battlefield success, but if he fails again, I don't see how he survives.

by Anonymousreply 431February 4, 2023 1:28 AM

You have to pity the Russians. They're a pariah people and will be for generations. They'll be like Germans after the war.

The entire world hates Russia.

by Anonymousreply 432February 4, 2023 3:51 AM

Let’s hope we don’t have to go to an all out war. We could destroy ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 433February 4, 2023 5:43 AM

Has he lost yet?

by Anonymousreply 434February 4, 2023 5:48 AM

Russian cock is out of this world.

by Anonymousreply 435February 4, 2023 5:51 AM

R432, the entire world does not hate Russia. Some crazy Americans hate Russia. Everyone else just hates what Putin is up to.

One of the big differences between this situation and WWII is that the impetus for this war seems to be coming primarily from Putin himself. While he may have support among some of his people (mostly old ones who long for the days of Stalin), it is clear he does not have the Russian people behind him in anything like the numbers that Hitler did when he started WWII, and that's despite the amount of propaganda and media control he's been wielding. The demonstrations we have heard about within Russia have all been against the war.

P.S. R395, what has been happening to the oligarchs is part of a rich tradition dating (at least) back to the Thirty Years' War in the 1600s, and is known as "defenestration". The Defenestration of Prague kicked off said war. (Fenestra is Latin for Window, which was an apt language to use because the dispute concerned religion as well as general conquering.) Holding people out of windows (usually, but not reliably, without letting go) has allegedly been popular in certain policing circles over the years. You may recall Russell Crowe did it to the DA in L.A. Confidential to enhance his co-operation.

by Anonymousreply 436February 4, 2023 12:46 PM

Sorry, R435, but yes, most of the world at least hates Russia for allowing Putin to invade a sovereign nation and commit acts of genocide and not turn en masse against him. Their silence is a tacit acceptance. There was an article in the NY Time yesteray about a spa town in the Czech Republic where a lot of wealthy Russians used to go and now they're barred completely. The article reads like a microcosym of how the rest of the world (certainly Europe) thinks of Russians. So it isn't just "crazy Americans."

by Anonymousreply 437February 4, 2023 1:01 PM

R437 And the world hates Americans, more.

by Anonymousreply 438February 4, 2023 5:53 PM

No, R438, for all the faults of the United States, the world doesn't hate the United States more than a country run by a dictator for the benefit of other oligarchs that invades a sovereign nation unprovoked and commits genocide. That's my point, stupid.

by Anonymousreply 439February 4, 2023 5:56 PM

r438, people hate America for inflicting Trump's dangerous isolationist policies on the world.

by Anonymousreply 440February 4, 2023 6:36 PM

The world is rooting for America.

by Anonymousreply 441February 4, 2023 6:52 PM

And the world is NOT rooting for Russia.

by Anonymousreply 442February 4, 2023 6:54 PM

The world yearns for Russia to liberate them from the Western tyranny of civil liberties and multiparty democracy!

by Anonymousreply 443February 4, 2023 7:01 PM

There's no reason to hate Russia, or the Russians as a people. There is every reason to hate Putin and his vile regime of enablers of inhumanity.

The problem is that by no means the entire world shares these feelings. It's mostly a European and American thing, as evidenced by the alacrity with which India, China and almost all the developing nations and even nominal NATO member Turkey are buying Russian oil and helping them evade sanctions. They really do not care what happens in Europe, especially when it's in their own national interest to continue working with Russia.

by Anonymousreply 444February 4, 2023 7:28 PM

R444, I understand there's no reason to hate Russians vs loathing Russia. The latter is perfectly appropriate. It's like the German people being hated for WW2--people weren't really making the distinction between Hitler and Germans.

And what you're describing is self-interest and business, which shouldn't be confused with love or support of Russia's war against Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 445February 4, 2023 7:45 PM

And helping Russia evade sanctions doesn't mean the sanctions against Russia are having no effect.

by Anonymousreply 446February 4, 2023 7:48 PM

[quote]It's mostly a European and American thing, as evidenced by the alacrity with which India, China and almost all the developing nations and even nominal NATO member Turkey

So you approve of Russia getting support evading sanctions from three other authoritarian governments.

What we'd call a "tell".

by Anonymousreply 447February 4, 2023 8:44 PM

r443, and they say you can't tell sarcasm, just by the written word.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 448February 4, 2023 10:49 PM

[quote] [R432], the entire world does not hate Russia.

All of Russia's neighboring countries sure do. Gee, I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 449February 4, 2023 10:51 PM

[quote] [R444], I understand there's no reason to hate Russians vs loathing Russia.

I'm sorry, but to know/be familiar with their uncouth, rude, arrogant, snide, homophobic, and generally unpleasant nature is to certainly not be a fan. This doesn't describe all Russians, but it certainly describes a large swath of them. Sorry -- not a fan!

by Anonymousreply 450February 4, 2023 10:55 PM

Wagner Group insider reveals desperate and suicidal fronline tactics.

A Russian source has revealed how Wagner group advance in suicidal drives forward under heavy artillery fire, disciplined by the thread of being shot.

Inside Wagner's 'human wave' death squads: Insider reveals the details of horrifying tactics that see convicts sent to their doom in groups of eight after being shown deserters being executed on video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451February 5, 2023 12:09 AM

If the overrated Wagner group wants to commit suicide, the Ukrainians will gladly help them.

by Anonymousreply 452February 5, 2023 1:33 AM

Do they rush into battle to "Flight of the Valkyries"?

by Anonymousreply 453February 5, 2023 1:41 AM

No, R453, the Russkies are too drunk.

by Anonymousreply 454February 5, 2023 1:43 AM

I still find it hard to understand why Russians are largely just rolling over and allowing Putin to send hundreds of thousands of their working age men to a doomed war where they're likely to experience some form of trauma, disability, or death at worst. Many Russians don't or didn't even hate Ukrainians - this war is practically fratricidal.

It's just so depressing about human nature or the Russian character to witness this.

by Anonymousreply 455February 5, 2023 4:11 AM

I'm still not over a million poor white men in the South fighting (100,000 dying) so that rich white men could own black slaves.

And there was a rule/law or something that slave owners were exempt because, well, somebody had to stay home on the plantation and make sure the slaves didn't misbehave.

I wish someone could explain that one to me.

by Anonymousreply 456February 5, 2023 4:16 AM

R456, just goes to show you that rich whites have been fucking over poor people, including poor racist whites, for CENTURIES.

White racism is power based on the Benjamins.

by Anonymousreply 457February 5, 2023 4:31 AM

The Russian people are a huge disappointment. Why would they follow Putin's instructions? Their media is completely manipulated but they do have access to reality and they know he's crazy.. They need to refuse this madman and rip him from limb to limb, and take their country back and make all that oil and natural gas money work for THEM!

by Anonymousreply 458February 5, 2023 4:50 AM

r458, they remember how it was for the Soviet KGB to show up in the middle of the night and take away loved ones, never to be seen again.

It is fear.

by Anonymousreply 459February 5, 2023 5:00 AM

I so wish Americans who think "overseas"= Puerto Rico would stop telling the rest of us what the rest of the world thinks.

by Anonymousreply 460February 5, 2023 5:27 AM

You have confused syntax r460. Do you mean stop telling us what Puerto Rico thinks?

by Anonymousreply 461February 5, 2023 5:48 AM

No, r447, you (deliberately?) misinterpret my post at r444.

You will note (or not, since it seems you're troll-hunting) that I wrote that it was a PROBLEM that by no means the entire world supports the sanctions against Russia. I was merely pointing out that outrage at Russia's aggression against a sovereign neighbor and the willingness to sanction that behavior is not universal, and that for many countries, economic self-interest and indifference to what's viewed as an intra-European conflict outweighs any concerns about international law or solidarity.

But keep on jerking that knee.

by Anonymousreply 462February 5, 2023 7:35 AM

What the fuck are you talking about, R460?

by Anonymousreply 463February 5, 2023 1:26 PM

R460 is regurgitating last year's Kremlin talking point, that most of the world cheers for Russia against the imperialist US and NATO, and saying that posters disputing that are just provincial Americans whose concept of "overseas opinion" doesn't go beyond Puerto Rico.

As other posters have pointed out, there's a reason that Russia's neighbors are wary, skeptical, or even hostile to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 464February 5, 2023 5:13 PM

Thanks, R464. I wasn't aware of that particular piece of pro-Kremlin propaganda, and R460's post was so poorly written I couldn't understand it, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 465February 5, 2023 5:21 PM

Bragging that the governments of China, North Korea, Iran, and India support what someone is doing is not the flex that someone here thinks it is.

That's like excited over receiving kudos from several convicted child murderers, an embezzler, Skeletor, and Steve Bannon.

by Anonymousreply 466February 5, 2023 6:18 PM

Norway just gave billions in aid to Ukraine. Reminder that we share a border with Russia, though we obviously support Ukraine as Russia is the aggressor.

by Anonymousreply 467February 6, 2023 12:27 PM

The former Eastern Bloc countries are VERY well aware of what’s at stake here. They cannot afford to let Putin win. By extension, neither can the rest of Europe, North America, Australia or New Zealand.

Xi has his own shit about to hit the fan with the looming real estate market collapse in China. A weakened Putin means that asshole won’t be an issue while Xi deals with his own mess.

Putin knows he can’t win a conventional war so he puts his efforts into cyber warfare. Manipulation of social media sites, recruiting useful idiots to push his bullshit and buying people in the intel community.

Attacking Ukraine exposed how weak and desperate he is.

by Anonymousreply 468February 6, 2023 6:23 PM

The NYT has a depressing report from the Donbass region.

Yahoo news avoids the paywall, it's not their article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469February 6, 2023 11:44 PM

Civilian Ukrainians should leave Donbass ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 470February 6, 2023 11:47 PM

Today's news, R469.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471February 7, 2023 5:16 PM

And never once do outlets like the New York Times ask the corollary question how long can Ukraine's casualties sustain this war of attrition.

by Anonymousreply 472February 7, 2023 5:23 PM

Of course it does, just as it points to Russia's casualties in the war of attrition. What point are you attemtoing to make, R472?

by Anonymousreply 473February 7, 2023 5:29 PM

r473, it's obvious that r472 is a Boris or a White Supremacist who supports Putin in that the Ukrainians cannot hold on much longer.

Ukrainians will hold out until there are no more Ukrainians. This is a war crime. This is Putin's genocide.

by Anonymousreply 474February 7, 2023 5:59 PM

Just a reminder: Russia bots, Putin lickers, and pro-Putin, anti-Ukrainian MAGAts are blocked, so save your energy: you're not being read.

by Anonymousreply 475February 7, 2023 6:05 PM

Have you ever known any of that to stop someone from being pissed off, Olga?

by Anonymousreply 476February 7, 2023 9:30 PM

But [italic]the Nation[/italic] is on his side. This is so fucked U+21E3 up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477February 8, 2023 5:22 AM

The Nation has been fellating Putin for quite some time now. Sad to watch a once-great magazine suck up to dictators.

by Anonymousreply 478February 8, 2023 10:15 PM

It is more appropriately The White Nation, as is the White Heritage Foundation.

by Anonymousreply 479February 8, 2023 10:38 PM

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said a victory for Ukraine against Russia would change the world and deter future aggressors, as he addressed British MPs in Westminster:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480February 9, 2023 2:30 AM

Damn. Even Serbia has turned against Russia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481February 9, 2023 4:45 AM

Make Russia pay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482February 11, 2023 6:03 PM

Explosions were heard across the Ukrainian capital Kyiv Friday, with missiles targeting several high-voltage facilities across the country and disrupting power supply.

Moscow is launching another major offensive focused primarily on eastern Ukraine, with Russian military attempting to break through defenses close to the town of Kreminna, the governor for the Luhansk region said.

The southeastern city of Zaporizhzhia was hit with at least 17 missiles in an hour, according to local officials, while Kharkiv also reported about 10 explosions and said power had been cut in some areas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483February 11, 2023 6:50 PM

The Ukrainians knew this was coming. And they're already restoring power. They are trained soldiers, vigilant and always ready, and they know what they're doing, unlike the middle-aged Russians, none of whom want to be there.

by Anonymousreply 484February 11, 2023 6:55 PM

Waiting for the first Ukrainian airstrikes into Russian Territory.

by Anonymousreply 485February 11, 2023 7:30 PM

Russian censors scour internet for insults about Putin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486February 12, 2023 6:16 PM

Putin is a seriously ill, bald dwarf. Come at me, censors!

by Anonymousreply 487February 12, 2023 7:29 PM

Another page taken from the classical propaganda playbook,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488February 12, 2023 7:34 PM

Не только больной дварф, но и с отеком от стероидов. Жирное лицо.

by Anonymousreply 489February 12, 2023 9:14 PM

"They have been trying to take the city since July," Iryna Rybakova, press officer for Ukraine's 93rd Brigade, told BBC. "Little by little they are winning now. They have more resources, so if they play the long game they will win. I can't say how long it will take.

"Maybe they will run out of resources. I really hope so."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490February 13, 2023 3:27 PM

"Kyiv, Ukraine CNN — The scenes are chaotic: Russian tanks veering wildly before exploding or driving straight into minefields, men running in every direction, some on fire, the bodies of soldiers caught in tank tracks. Russian military bloggers are calling it a fiasco, and worse. These scenes have been recorded by Ukrainian military drones over the past two weeks around the town of Vuhledar in Donetsk, eastern Ukraine, where successive Russian assaults have failed."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491February 13, 2023 3:33 PM

BRUSSELS (AP) — NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg warned Monday that Ukraine is using up ammunition far faster than its allies can provide it and putting pressure on Western defense industries, just as Russia ramps up its military offensive.

“The war in Ukraine is consuming an enormous amount of munitions and depleting allied stockpiles,” Stoltenberg said. “The current rate of Ukraine’s ammunition expenditure is many times higher than our current rate of production. This puts our defense industries under strain.”

According to some estimates, Ukraine is firing up to 6,000-7,000 artillery shells each day, around a third of the daily amount that Russia is using almost one year into the war.

Speaking on the eve of a two-day meeting of NATO defense ministers, Stoltenberg said the waiting time for the supply of “large-caliber ammunition has increased from 12 to 28 months,” and that “orders placed today would only be delivered two-and-a-half years later.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492February 13, 2023 3:48 PM

[quote] “orders placed today would only be delivered two-and-a-half years later.”

Not to mention the depletion of our Stingers and Javelin missiles

Xi is loving this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493February 13, 2023 4:00 PM

The United States told its citizens today to leave Russia immediately due to the war in Ukraine and the risk of arbitrary arrest or harassment by Russian law enforcement agencies.

"Russian security services have arrested U.S. citizens on spurious charges, singled out U.S. citizens in Russia for detention and harassment, denied them fair and transparent treatment, and convicted them in secret trials or without presenting credible evidence," the embassy said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494February 13, 2023 4:14 PM

So now Russia AND Mexico are off for Spring Break?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495February 13, 2023 4:24 PM

Ruining the next generation of Russians.

"1/ A Russian school has attempted to instill "love for the Motherland" in 150 children aged 15-17 by showing them gruesome footage of Russian soldiers being killed in Ukraine. This has reportedly traumatised the teens, prompting criticism from parents and a local civic leader.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496February 14, 2023 11:20 AM

Russia may have lost an entire elite brigade near a Donetsk coal-mining town.

" As Russia probes Ukraine’s defensive lines ahead of an expected offensive, it might have lost an entire brigade of the elite 155th naval infantry while storming Vuhledar, a coal-mining town in the Donetsk region.

“A large number of enemy forces, including the command staff, were destroyed near Vuhledar and Mariinka in Donetsk Oblast,” Oleksiy Dmytrashkivskyi, head of the united press center of the Tavriskiy District of Ukrainian defense forces, told POLITICO. “In addition, over the past week, the enemy lost about 130 units of equipment, including 36 units of tanks.”

Russian forces also were losing 150-300 marines a day near Vuhledar, Dmytrashkivskyi said. He estimated the brigade to have comprised some 5,000 soldiers in all, whose members had been killed, wounded or taken prisoner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497February 15, 2023 3:42 AM

[quote]A Russian school attempted to instill "love for the Motherland" in 150 children aged 15-17 by showing them gruesome footage of Russian soldiers being killed in Ukraine.

Бессмысленное кровавое мученичество не вдохновляет.

Устали побеждать, Владимир?

by Anonymousreply 498February 15, 2023 5:48 AM

People are getting bored with the war

Forty-eight percent say they favor the U.S. providing weapons to Ukraine, with 29% opposed and 22% saying they’re neither in favor nor opposed. In May 2022, less than three months into the war, 60% of U.S. adults said they were in favor of sending Ukraine weapons.

Americans are about evenly divided on sending government funds directly to Ukraine, with 37% in favor and 38% opposed, with 23% saying neither.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499February 15, 2023 3:06 PM

Americans are getting bored with Putin and authoritarians. Support for Ukraine is actually up, but Americans are now viewing Russia and Putin as a threat to peace and freedom.

by Anonymousreply 500February 15, 2023 3:19 PM

Damn, r486. See, engineers, that's what I'm talking about. Why don't you all love me like Russian censors love Putin?

by Anonymousreply 501February 15, 2023 3:35 PM

Because YOU are fat and ugly, Elmo.

If we hate anything here at the DL, it’s fat AND ugly!

by Anonymousreply 502February 15, 2023 5:57 PM

Funny how the media has put the FUCKING WAR on a NEWS CYCLE.

Wars do it the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 503February 15, 2023 7:39 PM

More disastrous news for the Russians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504February 16, 2023 12:36 PM

While Russia is running out of fresh meat for it's meatgrinder and had to pull diseased convicts to fight for them...

"Poland is the latest nation to form its own legion of volunteers fighting for Ukraine.

The legion will consist of a couple of dozen special forces soldiers.

The unit will be used for reconnaissance & sabotage missions.

A recruitment office will open in Poland."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505February 16, 2023 1:15 PM

Another Russian official succumbs to the notoriously slippery floors by windows and balconies. Link below, because it's from the Daily Mail and Muriel hates them.

by Anonymousreply 506February 16, 2023 1:35 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507February 16, 2023 1:36 PM

Well into last last Poland has been sheep dipping specialist troops to stiffen up the bloodied Ukraine army. Americans and a small number of Brits are there also as "contractors".

WWII Flying Tigers in China was the same scam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508February 16, 2023 1:58 PM

BREAKING:

More than a dozen Ukrainian drones just attacked Sevastopol in Crimea.

This video shows that the ferries and traffic has been stopped in connection with the attack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509February 16, 2023 2:03 PM

I feel sure that R508 reads more fluently in the original Russian.

by Anonymousreply 510February 16, 2023 2:05 PM

Yeah, I can’t read r508. Already blocked and I only block trolls.

by Anonymousreply 511February 16, 2023 2:35 PM

[quote] Well into last last Poland has been sheep dipping specialist troops to stiffen up the bloodied Ukraine army.

Leave poor R508 alone--her Russian will always be much better than her English.

by Anonymousreply 512February 16, 2023 2:51 PM

R509, I was just thinking yesterday that it was time for another Crimean attack. Hope there will be drone video like they had from the torpedo drones.

by Anonymousreply 513February 16, 2023 3:02 PM

Go home, R508. You're drunk (again).

by Anonymousreply 514February 16, 2023 3:05 PM

Hah r508. How can you troll effectively with Putin’s talking points when you can’t even write in English?

by Anonymousreply 515February 16, 2023 3:45 PM

Poland is looking for some payback, I think.

They have a lot of their own problems but it seems to me that Poland has been itching to kick Russia in the cuntbone for quite a few decades and they have decided to take their chance.

Of course, the government will claim they “know nothing” of these recruitment places as governments do but Poland gives me the impression that they are OVAH Vlad’s bullshit and will do everything they can under the radar to sabotage him in Ukraine.

Much easier to kick Russia in the cuntbone next door than in your face. You can’t get off a good kick if the fucking bitch is standing too close.

by Anonymousreply 516February 16, 2023 6:25 PM

Kitties of Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517February 16, 2023 6:32 PM

I wish Putin would die.

by Anonymousreply 518February 16, 2023 6:53 PM

the united states told its citizens today to leave russia immediately due to the war in ukraine and the risk of arbitrary arrest or harassment by russian law enforcement agencies. "

They had to be told ?

by Anonymousreply 519February 16, 2023 11:34 PM

[quote]They had to be told ?

Clearly you've never experienced the lethal charm of a country without indoor toilets.

by Anonymousreply 520February 17, 2023 5:02 PM

They should make a video game where your mission is to leave Russia within 12 hours while escaping all traps thrown at or offered to you: novichok cocktails, polonium teas, balconies, high octane vodka, high rise windows, "suicide attempts"... And once you finally made it home and you think you made it, you find out you're only half way: you outta be very careful of some countrymen who fell prey to a disease named MAGA, people that act like angry zombies, are fed grievances 24*7 from their air-tight echo chamber, characterized by a peculiar OCD / Tourette syndrome complex that lets them blurt out nonsensical utterances like "Let's go Brandon" "Lock her up" or "Suck it up buttercup" at any given moment, and want nothing else than eliminate you and stop you from spreading to your fellow Americans the actual truth of what's going on in Russia and Z Emperor Vlad III Dracutina.

by Anonymousreply 521February 17, 2023 5:23 PM

A Chechen, who came to his father's funeral, was detained at Domodedovo airport.

Idris Arsamikov was taken away by a Kadyrov security official and taken away in an unknown direction. Idris is gay, which in Chechnya practically means a death sentence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522February 18, 2023 1:28 AM

Interesting, R522!

by Anonymousreply 523February 18, 2023 3:29 AM

You know Putin fucked up when Finland washes its hands of him. They realized now that they underestimated Putin's imperial dreams. Even so, they never fully trusted Russia and never stopped building and fortifying their army.

'With an arsenal of 700 howitzers, 700 heavy mortars and 100 multiple rocket launchers, Finland has the largest artillery capability in western Europe. Homeland defence willingness against a superior enemy is at 83%, one of the highest rates in Europe.'

"After all, we invented the Molotov cocktail" The Molotov cocktail is a primitive but effective anti-tank weapon use against soviet forces during the Russo-Finnish war, named after Russia's foreign minister at the time.

Before the invasion of Ukraine the majority of Finns were against joining NATO. The reverse is true today. Finland's application to NATO was rejected by Turkey due to some bullshit about Finland helping Kurds. Erdogan has softened but continues to stall the application, because he's a POS.

by Anonymousreply 524February 19, 2023 4:48 PM

Good on Finland! Idk why NATO even bothers with Erdogan. He’s a Putin wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 525February 19, 2023 5:26 PM

Putin's imperial wet dreams invited NATO to his front door. Could there be a bigger idiot?

by Anonymousreply 526February 19, 2023 5:30 PM

"Could there be a bigger idiot?"

Yes, there are several idiots, and they're all members of the GOP and all of them are on Putin's payroll: McCarthy, Gaetz, Boebert, Greene, Trump and Gym Jordan, just to name a few.

by Anonymousreply 527February 20, 2023 10:39 PM

We still haven’t proven Putin wrong, if you ask me. He’s betting the alliance won’t hold and people in NATO countries will get sick of the war and abandon Ukraine. Only time will tell if it’s true or not. I can’t say I’m impressed with anything these other countries have done other than the US and Poland.

by Anonymousreply 528February 21, 2023 12:20 AM

Russian "Veteran's Notes" channel talks about the critical situation with funding in the Russian army. Neither mobilised nor volunteers get paid properly, some going 6+ months without a single payment. They say, this is happening in every unit and will lead to a social explosion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529February 21, 2023 1:07 AM

R529, that sounds plausible because it seems so Russian.

by Anonymousreply 530February 21, 2023 1:46 AM

Video of Iranian jets destroyed in airbase attack

In the footage, several fighter jets, including a MiG-29, can be seen in a damaged condition. Reports suggest that the Russian missile attacks destroyed at least ten front-line military aircraft.

Based on the devastation visible in the video, it appears that the surrounding infrastructure, including the storage facility for the munitions, has also been destroyed.

The exact date and location of the video remain unknown; the video footage was reportedly recorded last summer, but the Ukrainian side only recently made it public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531February 21, 2023 3:18 AM

[quote]Clearly you've never experienced the lethal charm of a country without indoor toilets.

Which country is that, idiot? The one where it's regularly minus 12-20 degrees? I don't think so. Russian cities are at least as sophisticated as your own, and its countryside is probably a step or two above Deliverance-country USA.

And yawn, I'm not Boris. I've just been there and had eyes.

by Anonymousreply 532February 21, 2023 3:35 AM

Ooh, somebody's butthurt

by Anonymousreply 533February 21, 2023 3:43 AM

Right, R532. They sound sophisticated with the stealing of washing machines and using tampons for bullet wounds. And, let's not even bring up the cannibalism, whew.

We are all very jealous of Mother Russia!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534February 21, 2023 3:44 AM

Also, we can source tires that don't shred apart when we hit a mud hole, over here in Deliverance, R532.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535February 21, 2023 3:51 AM

[quote]We still haven’t proven Putin wrong, if you ask me.

Whaddya mean "we", Yevgeny?

[quote]He’s betting the alliance won’t hold and people in NATO countries will get sick of the war and abandon Ukraine. Only time will tell if it’s true or not.

Meanwhile here on planet Earth the US President is in Kyiv pledging new money and new weapons.

by Anonymousreply 536February 21, 2023 4:04 AM

Shut up, Grisha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537February 21, 2023 4:14 AM

[quote]the united states told its citizens today to leave russia immediately due to the war in ukraine and the risk of arbitrary arrest or harassment by russian law enforcement agencies

R519 = e. e. cummings

by Anonymousreply 538February 21, 2023 4:20 AM

[quote] A Russian school has attempted to instill "love for the Motherland" in 150 children aged 15-17 by showing them gruesome footage of Russian soldiers being killed in Ukraine.

No wonder they're a nation of sour, ghoulish people.

by Anonymousreply 539February 21, 2023 4:32 AM

r532 Russian cities were sophisticated, but then Putin and the Russian Orthodox Chruch encouraged the slaughter of all the gay interior designers. That and the Krockodill and the vodka, and it declined into a one big toothless homeless camp, except for the few Putin lackeys.

by Anonymousreply 540February 21, 2023 4:38 AM

R529, they should storm the Kremlin. :)

by Anonymousreply 541February 21, 2023 4:44 AM

We should say it: Russia is fascist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542February 21, 2023 5:01 AM

Well at least they don't shoot their children at their desks, R539. Russia is corrupt, but not so corrupt that the power of political donations allows that to happen every five minutes.

In other words, people in glass houses shouldn't extrapolate that the actions of a governing elite = the thoughts, ethics and behaviour of the mass of its people. Especially in a country where it is well known the people don't get to choose their leaders.

To be clear, I am completely on Ukraine's side in this war, and think the sooner Putin is off the world stage the better, but some people on this thread have lost all reason.

by Anonymousreply 543February 21, 2023 5:01 AM

Yeah, about that "EU will get tired of this war" horseshit:

[quote]European Council extends sanctions against Russia until 2024.

[quote]The European Council extended sanctions imposed on Russia following its full-scale invasion of Ukraine until 2024, according to a decision published on Eur-Lex, the official website of European Union law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544February 21, 2023 5:33 AM

I’d bet on the toothless red necks against anything Putin or his bitch Wagner Group could muster.

Those red necks are more heavily armed and know how to deal with snakes.

by Anonymousreply 545February 21, 2023 5:40 PM

[bold]CNN: US believes Russia had failed intercontinental ballistic missile test while Biden was in Ukraine[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546February 21, 2023 10:39 PM

Putin is like Mark Antony in Plutarch's biography: his good daimōn has failed him, and nothing has gone right for him for the past year. I don't actually see Putin being played by Marlon Brando, Richard Burton, or even Billy Zane, though, so the parallel has limits.

by Anonymousreply 547February 21, 2023 10:59 PM

25% of Russians don’t have indoor plumbing r532.

by Anonymousreply 548February 21, 2023 11:00 PM

[quote] Putin is like Mark Antony in Plutarch's biography: his good daimōn has failed him

What good daimōn, R548?

by Anonymousreply 549February 21, 2023 11:02 PM

The good daimōn that for a couple of decades let him succeed in his tyrannous schemes and become rich beyond the dreams of avarice. Now it's all slipping away. If he dropped dead next week, which is perfectly possible if unfortunately unlikely, what sort of power grab would follow? Would it be like in *The Death of Stalin*? Or maybe like the period after 1917, with opposed armies roving all over the country? Would Russia split into smaller fiefdoms, at least temporarily?

by Anonymousreply 550February 21, 2023 11:13 PM

Time to suicide Putin. He fucked up…let him pay the piper.

by Anonymousreply 551February 21, 2023 11:31 PM

Time for Lukashenko to invade Poland, then quickly surrender to NATO.

Otherwise, he will be absorbed back into the Putin Greater Russia.

It's is a brilliant move.

by Anonymousreply 552February 22, 2023 1:53 AM

"1/ Cadets at the Moscow Police College have reported an attempt to forcibly mobilise them en masse under false pretences. They say they were locked in a hall while attempts were made to get them to sign up to join the army. They had to call the police to be released."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553February 22, 2023 1:35 PM

"2/ According to the Russian 'Mobilisation News' Telegram channel, "the cadets were assembled under the pretext of rehearsing a graduation ceremony. But representatives of the military enlistment office came to the meeting."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554February 22, 2023 1:38 PM

"3/ "The students said that they were detained for an hour and a half in the college on Fabritiusa Street by their teachers - department head Vyacheslav Rozhko and teachers Sergey Vasilyev and Alexei Novikov, as well as 2 representatives of the Tushino military enlistment office."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555February 22, 2023 1:39 PM

"4/ The students were handed mobilisation orders by the military registration and enlistment office staff and were pressured to sign them. However, they refused, leading an impasse in which they were locked into the hall while their instructors refused to let them go."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556February 22, 2023 1:40 PM

"5/ Mobilisation News reports that student Maxim G., 19, "called the police asking for help. The boy said that he was a cadet in a police college and that he and his classmates had been locked in the auditorium to force him to go to the front."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557February 22, 2023 1:48 PM

"6/ The police students were released after the police arrived at the police college to free them from the police instructors.

The incident likely reflects another example of Russia's ongoing 'quiet mobilisation', targeting state employees. /end"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558February 22, 2023 1:51 PM

Beautiful how Biden referenced the FURTHER Invasion of Ukraine. The rhetoric acknowledges the invasion.of Crimea as the beginning of the invasion of Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 559February 22, 2023 9:06 PM

Wagner head Prigozhin isn't happy. He's been complaining publicly via video about not being provided with enough ammo. Then he posted this picture of dead Russians (at the link) saying that there would be five times fewer of them if he was provided with enough shells..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560February 22, 2023 9:13 PM

R560 - where's the video?

by Anonymousreply 561February 22, 2023 9:18 PM

Good lord, that photo at r560…

by Anonymousreply 562February 22, 2023 9:18 PM

And that's believed to be just one day's worth from the fighting at Bakhmut. It really underlines what a stupid waste this war is.

by Anonymousreply 563February 22, 2023 9:23 PM

Stray cat nibbles on dead Russian soldier

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564February 22, 2023 9:24 PM

Waiting for Lukashenko to invade Poland.

by Anonymousreply 565February 22, 2023 10:00 PM

You sheltered people should read more Kipling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566February 22, 2023 10:20 PM

[quote] I'm hearing it's Ukraine that is in trouble, once you get past the Western propaganda. Ukraine is trying to draft teenagers now, its fighting population is miniscule compared to Russia.

Where did you "hear" this r10? OAN? Newsmax? Truth Social?

by Anonymousreply 567February 22, 2023 10:27 PM

[quote]I'm hearing it's Ukraine that is in trouble, once you get past the Western propaganda. Ukraine is trying to draft teenagers now, its fighting population is miniscule compared to Russia.

Also, Jill Biden transed my labradoodle

by Anonymousreply 568February 22, 2023 10:39 PM

I don't know who Ukraine is drafting but the demographics are what they are. If Ukraine hasn't extended their impressment they soon will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569February 22, 2023 10:48 PM

R569 All the more embarrassing that Russia with their huge mobilization and reportedly 97% of their army in Ukraine still cannot make any significant advances, don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 570February 22, 2023 10:50 PM

Sweet Jesus, I posted R285 on the BRF thread, my screen jumped and Bob's yer Uncle.

Sorry

by Anonymousreply 571February 22, 2023 11:04 PM

Putin's running out of time and money, Trump is in the crosshairs, he'll be indicted soon, Jared is under investigation, Leticia James and Fannie WIlson are racing towards indictments, the DoJ is "this close" to major indictments for January 6th, blah, blah, blah. Did I leave anything out? My point is I hate Trump and everyone associated with him. But we have been getting these promises and predictions for YEARS. I'm fucking tired of endless investigations. Tired of Putin, the fucking Architect of World Chaos, and all the predictions of his demise. Maybe I watch too much TV. I want them dead of the RUssians' special poisons. ! All of them. Put them on a plane all together Rudy Lindsey, JAred, Bannon, Stone, and fly them to RUssia.

by Anonymousreply 572February 23, 2023 12:05 AM

R572, you forgot me!

by Anonymousreply 573February 23, 2023 4:19 AM

One year anniversary today. Hopefully there's not a second one next year, and not just because who knows what devil will be sitting in the White House come January 2025. The sooner Ukraine can push Russia to the borders with their new weapons, the more lives will be saved, on both sides. That's something the appeasement folk didn't get back during WW2 and they still don't get it now.

by Anonymousreply 574February 23, 2023 4:59 AM

[quote] the appeasement folk didn't get back during WW2

The appeasement was over by the time we got to WW2. It was before the war appeasement was a problem.

by Anonymousreply 575February 23, 2023 5:09 AM

I’ve been reading on DL for about 12 months how Russia is JUST about to lose the war/Putin’s about to die.

Do u retards still not realize you’ve been lied to?

by Anonymousreply 576February 23, 2023 6:13 AM

Any day now Russia is gonna lose the war lol.

by Anonymousreply 577February 23, 2023 6:14 AM

r572, the Ukrainians are calling it the 9th anniversary.

The Ukrainians are ceding NO ground.

by Anonymousreply 578February 23, 2023 6:38 AM

I thought the Russians were bragging that they'd win this war in mere days.

It's been over a year. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 579February 23, 2023 6:43 AM

Simi Valley, Calif. — Raytheon Technologies CEO Greg Hayes today described the extensive depletion of U.S. stockpiles — equivalent to years’ worth of production — of Javelin anti-tank and Stinger anti-aircraft missiles amid Washington’s program to support the Ukrainian war effort.

Although Raytheon is producing 400 Javelins per month with Lockheed Martin as a manufacturing partner, he said, the ongoing fighting in Ukraine has burned through existing weapons stocks.

“The problem is we have consumed so much supply in the first ten months of the war,” he said. “𝑊𝑒’𝑣𝑒 𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑢𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑢𝑝 13 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠’ 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑡ℎ 𝑜𝑓 𝑆𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑑𝑢𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠’ 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑡ℎ 𝑜𝑓 𝐽𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑑𝑢𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛.”

“So the question is, how are we going to resupply, restock inventories,” Hayes added. Raytheon produced Stingers starting in 1977, but the Pentagon had not bought a new Stinger system since 2004, Hayes said in April.

As of May, Washington had sent 5,500 Javelins and 1,400 Stingers to Ukraine. Raytheon won a $624 million contract with the Army that month to backfill U.S. Stinger stocks.

And trust China to behav,

by Anonymousreply 580February 23, 2023 7:17 AM

R580, all the Defense contractors are happy about the U.S. 's role in Ukraine. It makes up for Afghanistan. They'll get contracts, make more weapons, and their revenue streams will continue. And then, of course they will have to keep making more weapons to replenish our stockpiles.

by Anonymousreply 581February 23, 2023 11:51 AM

I hate to say it r580, but why the hell build these things if not to use them in a war that is at least “righteous”. Believe me, we will stockpile again. I don’t see war, or dictators, becoming extinct anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 582February 23, 2023 11:56 AM

Arms dealers will sell to anyone. So be glad they are so preoccupied with us they can't sell to our adversaries.

by Anonymousreply 583February 23, 2023 12:18 PM

R583, weapon manufacturers in the US are prohibited from selling to foreign entities without Government approval. And then they sell previous iterations and models, not the latest technology. We also only sell to allies as well. There are definitely arms dealers in the world, but they’re selling Chinese or Russian (or similar) weapons. They also might be selling guns like automatic weapons, much of them used.

by Anonymousreply 584February 23, 2023 12:27 PM

To the Russian EmbASSy in London, signed with no love!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585February 23, 2023 12:55 PM

Ukrainian defense ministry: Russia preparing to draft full-time college students

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586February 24, 2023 2:42 AM

President Duda speaking to the nation on the anniversary of the invasion.

“I was with Zelensky in Kyiv on the evening before the invasion. He told me ‘this could be the last time we see each other’

I told him, ‘you can count on Poland, we’ll see each other many times more’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587February 24, 2023 2:45 AM

Average life expectancy for Russian frontline soldier in eastern Ukraine: 4 hours

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588February 24, 2023 2:46 AM

Turkey, Armenia, and Georgia had better prepare for a massive influx of (permanent) spring breakers.

by Anonymousreply 589February 24, 2023 2:46 AM

R589, of those three, Georgia is already fed-up with their own Russian invasion, and who can blame them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590February 24, 2023 4:40 AM

[quote] Average life expectancy for Russian frontline soldier in eastern Ukraine: 4 hours

Reading the story he doesn't sound like he is talking about Russians. To be so specific he would need inside knowledge he'd be unlikely to have of the enemy.

Regardless it sounds like nonsense. If either side was losing troops that quickly the battle wouldn't have lasted this long. One side or the the would have no army left for this campaign.

by Anonymousreply 591February 24, 2023 6:17 AM

"Everybody is tired of this war and ready to abandon Ukraine!" says the troll who desperately needs to update his talking points.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592February 24, 2023 6:27 AM

R592, and look at the countries on Russia's side: Belarus, North Korea, Nicaragua, Syria, Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali.

Boy, that's a real winner's list right there. It must inspire so much confidence.

by Anonymousreply 593February 24, 2023 6:32 AM

R594, 45 of those countries are or have provided military aid to Ukraine. That's in addition to the humanitarian aid.

But do go on and twist yourself into a pretzel insisting that's no big deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595February 24, 2023 6:45 AM

R595 Lol, and with all that, Daddy Putin’s still winning 😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 596February 24, 2023 6:49 AM

R596, if winning involves shitting his pants in public, then he's doing that in high style.

Maybe you're into that though?

by Anonymousreply 597February 24, 2023 6:51 AM

Link to Part II

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598February 24, 2023 11:10 AM

Troll R596 is trying to make us think Poootin's winning. That's the real 😆😆😆😆

If is what winning looks like for Russia...

by Anonymousreply 599February 24, 2023 11:59 AM

It's very curius to me why trolls like R596 would be cheering on a genocidal dictator. It's completely like cheering on Hitler. The motive escapes me other than just to troll. And then to lie abut it when we all know better that the disastrous war Poootin got his country into is going smoothly when we all know better...it's just weird.

by Anonymousreply 600February 24, 2023 12:12 PM

*curious

by Anonymousreply 601February 24, 2023 12:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!