Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Spare review: The weirdest book ever written by a royal

Has anybody read it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 24, 2023 3:44 PM

[quote]When it hits the bargain bin

It's already half price here in London. I saw it in my local supermarket. But I hesitated. Not sure I can bear it.

[quote]The weirdest book ever written by a royal

It's actually been generally well reviewed - and praise for the ghost writer.

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2023 1:33 PM

Too bad Margaret didn't write a book; she probably didn't have much to actually *say*, but she would've completely roasted everyone she knew & hopefully disclosed some of her slutty antics

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2023 2:30 PM

When he and the wife have burned through the $60M he got for it are they going to rehash the same grievances?

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2023 3:23 PM

Yes, but in a way that will be appropriately on trend.

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2023 3:28 PM

I've been listening to it on audible (on and off whilst doing other things). Bit's of it are really cringy but there are some bits I can really empathise with, having been subject to UK boarding schools and growing up in a "old" British family that are into the hunting/shooting thing (although I've always been super anti). I think he is going to get into a ton of trouble with a lot of people. The establishment are going to be out to crush him as he flaunted all the rules, the religious extremists and the animal rights activists will be hunting him down. He really has created a mountain of problems for himself. It's a shame as everyone should be able to "speak their truth" but sometimes discretion is a better life path. I think the fall out is going to be bad.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2023 3:32 PM

He’s too stupid to speak about valid issues with any depth. He can only whine.

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2023 3:35 PM

I downloaded it from Audible, but only because I've got lots of credits (I need to pause the darn things).

I just started listening and I already hate it. You can tell it's ghost written because he's describing his surrounding poetically - e.g. "the trees were bare, but the air was soft, the sky was grey, the tulips were popping" and so on.

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2023 4:00 PM

I find him to be disgusting and wouldn't even think of reading his litany of 'poor me's'

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2023 4:08 PM

No- not interested. Not gonna read Kim Kardashian’s book whenever she writes it either.

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2023 5:06 PM

I really liked him on Colbert. But, it's clear he's not a well adjusted person. He seemed very preoccupied with how the studio audience was perceiving him. Some of their reactions, or lack of reactions, seemed to throw him. He was also, it seemed to me, fighting against being defensive. I think this article is spot on when it suggests he really has no understanding of his place in the world, or how he's perceived. But, I think he's working to improve himself.

by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2023 5:29 PM

I'm about a third of the way through and I find it surprisingly dull. I literally scrolled past most of the unexpectedly long military chapters, it was that tedious. I do have some sympathy for him and the truly invasive pap harassment, something a celebrity should expect but he was born into having no choice.

So far he has said virtually nothing shocking or even interesting about the Royal family. They all sound like big duds, including Hal. The best anecdote was when he was in a play at Eaton and 'Pa' showed up, delighted that his 'darling boy' was doing Shakespeare. Trouble was Pa laughed and hooted during the serious parts and sat stone-faced and quiet during the comic ones. When Harry asked him what the hell? backstage Charles was shocked and said, "but that's what my father did when he came to my plays".

Weird family.

by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2023 5:47 PM

Fastest selling non-fiction book in British history. 400, 000 the first day alone

You KKKarens are such fucking losers 😂

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2023 6:47 PM

Does he actually give a fuck about what’s happening to the vast majority of his dad the King’s subjects right now? Like being deprived of food, electricity, clean water and health care precisely because of the greed and indifference of his morbidly rich ex-Viking extended family and their cronies? Of course not, this has been going on literally for a millennium.

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2023 7:04 PM

Is there a nudie centerfold???

by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2023 7:07 PM

He's nuts.

by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2023 7:07 PM

[quote]I really liked him on Colbert. But, it's clear he's not a well adjusted person. He seemed very preoccupied with how the studio audience was perceiving him. Some of their reactions, or lack of reactions, seemed to throw him.

to be fair he'd never done a live talk show before

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2023 7:07 PM

The title was supposed to be SPARE ME.

by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2023 7:10 PM

People tend to forget that George 1st was actually 52nd in line to the throne (all the others were Catholic which ruled them out) so when they talk about a lineage that goes back thousands of years it's not really so. I think, if memory serves me right, the actual "King" is an Australian sheep farmer. It's all an expensive fairy tale, designed to keep the masses distracted.

by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2023 7:11 PM

The chapter about learning to wipe his own behind at age 30 was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2023 7:13 PM

R18 it’s never discussed as a “lineage” that goes back thousands of years. It’s thought of as an institution that goes back a thousand (singular) years.

by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2023 7:21 PM

So Boudica etc don't count? I think people forget that William 1st was related to Edward The Confessor - it's a seriously convoluted family line but it's on from George 1st that it goes really AWOL. It was when he was waxing on about Henry VI founding Eaton that it really annoyed me because he's distantly related to him that claiming him as his ancestor is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2023 7:43 PM

His family name used to be Saxe-Coburg-Gotha until his great great grandfather George V changed it to Windsor during WW1 so as to make his German family appear more British. George I couldn’t even speak English. So it’s absurd for him to brag about his lineage to the British royalty prior to the Hanovers coming from Germany to reign in England

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2023 7:59 PM

R16 fair enough. Good point. I'm sure he was nervous. While there's truth in much of what i said, I'd definitely give him some slack from my original statement.

R15 Come on. All things considered, he could be so much worse. He doesn't always know how he's coming off, but he's aware enough that he's working on himself.

Goddamn he was so motherfucking hot playing naked pool in his 20s, with girls in Las Vegas. So study and playful, those pics were.

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2023 8:51 PM

I've put myself on the library wait list, because some of the excerpts posted have been unintentionally hilarious.

But I'm not giving that twerp one cent of my hard-earned money, not even a share of an Auduble credit! Besides, the book as a whole is probably excruciatingly dull.

by Anonymousreply 24January 11, 2023 9:04 PM

[quote]I do have some sympathy for him and the truly invasive pap harassment, something a celebrity should expect but he was born into having no choice

Kinda like being born gay right r11?

Look, everyone is dealt random cards at birth but you rise to the circumstances and make every effort to make a success of your life.

Have yet to see anything but self-absorbed caterwauling from our Duke of Entitlement...

by Anonymousreply 25January 11, 2023 10:28 PM

Harry is an incredibly brave man for exposing the hypocrisy and ridiculous side of the British royal family. The institution known as the royal family is based on absurd ideas of automatic hierarchy , birth rates and racial purity. Team Harry all the way!

by Anonymousreply 26January 11, 2023 11:12 PM

Are you joking, r26 or have you never heard of Queen Charlotte, wife of George III?

Having seen clips on the news of Dimbo speaking at Vax Live and some other big-stage event (one of them sharing the stage with Marklelooking like a refrigerator), he is a very thirsty boy.

Loves the attention, reads all the articles and attendant comments concerning himself, can't take criticism.

The Harkles remind me of Michael Hutchence and Paula Yates: always blaming their problems on the UK press. But years after their deaths the worst printed stories were confirmed to be true. They *were* rampantly taking recreational and prescribed drugs when they had children in their care, and he was preparing to leave her in the months before his death. Right from the start of their rship and up until her death, Yates sold interviews to OK!, Hello!, etc to counteract the negative press but it just churned up more hatred because they knew she was lying. Hutchence would rail against the UK press in all his interviews. Some of the articles written about them were extremely nasty, but their life together was an utter mess. Paula's whole career was based on famewhoring. She started out by posing for Penthouse. Hutchence outright lied about the pair of them having being caught together, called the journalists writing about it sick. That just pissed them off and it got worse and worse.

Markle and Dimwit were stupid to antagonise the UK press, first with that letter, then all the other crap like FF, the newspaper front pages in the Oprah interview that weren't even from the UK, lying about contributing to FF, so much stupid shit that even a newbie PR intern would know not to do.

You never start a war with someone who buys ink by the barrel!

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2023 11:17 AM

There are no reputable scholars who think Queen Charlotte was mixed heritage, it was just someone who didn't like her much saying she had a wide nose and the trolls ran with it. So, Netflix have super run with it in Bridgerton which is fine but it's not based on reality at all. I love that they are colour blind casting but don't mistake it for how things really were. Meghan was the first "person of colour" to marry into the British royal family. They should have breathed a sigh of relief and welcomed her in with open arms but there is still a massive amount of "racial bias" to put in nicely and if not "out and out racism" in the palaces so there were always going to be people who didn't want her there and would make life really uncomfortable for her.

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2023 9:43 AM

She's always been a bitch, r28. She ditched all but one member of her family for her wedding and invited celebrities she didn't know. She ditched her rescue dog (her furbaby) FFS because he didn't like Harry. She was trying to latch onto Piers Morgan (probably to appear on his show or have him set her up with another Ashley Cole type) when she scored big with Harry.

She's not a nice person and coming from a mixed race family myself I wanted to like her. But the dog ditching and the wedding invites were red flags. And she has a nerve claiming racism when she's white passing, straightening her hair. She could be from many different backgrounds. The Harkles both lie, he's sick and they're both delusional.

She gatecrashed Uvalde and cashed in on a community in grief. That's indefensible. The palace staff probably had to shut down many ideas like that coming from her. She bullied the staff. She's lucky she wasn't done for perjury regarding lying about contributing to FF.

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2023 10:03 AM

I just bought this with an audible credit (I have a shit-ton); I’ve heard tell it’s better in his voice as one can hear the humour coming through? 😬

I lived in his neighbourhood during his Canadian idyll. Everyone here was really sympathetic and treated them as regular locals - there was international paparazzi here, but we all protected their privacy as much as we could and were really protective of them. They hiked the trails here as anyone would and shopped at our local (admittedly bougie) corner store, which is where I saw Harry buying a shit-ton of frozen organic locally butchered meat one day. I mean, okay?

In the years since, I’ve really lost patience with them. Harry is dim - everyone knows that - but what of Meghan? She was part of the royal family at one time. Had she played her cards right - played the long game - she could have had had everything, and could have transformed the royal family for future generations. It could have been a win-win. They both seem remarkably stupid in retrospect not to have manipulated this royal juggurnaut for their own ends. They could have done so much good with that platform.

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2023 10:20 AM

I think the bias developed quickly because Meghan is an egotistical, brash and outspoken American. She put in none of the "suck it up" effort that she did starting into her acting career. Once she became linked with Harry, she developed some very negative personality issues, especially insisting on the best tables, being kept incognito in hotels, even lecturing his staff before they were even married. Not exactly the way to endear herself.

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2023 11:21 AM

Harry has always been a little shit, even being angry with the public for mourning his mother. Not being comforted by the fact that she was almost universally missed.

He doesn't have the nature to put the causes first. Even Invictus has become the Harkle show.

And yes, they could have helped a lot of people, animals, causes but at the end of the day they're both selfish cunts who blew an incredible opportunity and can't move on.

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2023 11:28 AM

They bring out the worst in each other, but don't realize it ...yet. When they've finally prostituted themselves out to the point that nobody cares, Meghan will write one hell of a book. Of course it'll be after their divorce. Who knows how long that'll take.

by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2023 11:48 AM

Despite the best efforts of the Daily Mail and online trolls with no lives, “Spare” is an absolute success. Harry confronts every criticism thrown his way, and at no point does he throw anyone under the bus or try to shirk responsibility for his behavior.

He clearly has issues with his brother, but it’s distrusting how people pretend he’s supposed to be fine with a sibling treating him like shit his whole life (and feeling entitled to do so because he’s the heir). Charles is depicted as well-intentioned, smart, and reliable—but a bit aloof.

I’ll be honest, I had him pegged as a drug and alcohol addicted idiot, but he really does an effective job of highlighting how the tabloids have spent decades exploiting his worst moments to create a narrative.

If the Sussexes can resist the urge to conduct more interviews or write more books on anything that happened between 2018 - 2022, they will have won the war. However, if the interviews continue and/or Meagan writes a book, the tide will once again turn in the opposite direction.

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2023 11:57 AM

They can't resist the urge R34. That's what they're all about. Harry knows how the media machine works and she's caught on fast to it too. Its a moneymaker, but people will get sick of their sanctimony and victimized narrative.

by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2023 12:10 PM

"It's actually been generally well reviewed." Haha actually, no.

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2023 12:15 PM

[quote] People tend to forget that George 1st was actually 52nd in line to the throne (all the others were Catholic which ruled them out) so when they talk about a lineage that goes back thousands of years it's not really so. I think, if memory serves me right, the actual "King" is an Australian sheep farmer. It's all an expensive fairy tale, designed to keep the masses distracted.

This both makes, and misses, the point. The Royal Family can claim to be part of a millennia-old tradition, but doesn’t claim a right to rule from it. It’s right to rule comes from parliament: in the Act of Settlement, parliament gave itself the right to define the line of succession. If it wanted to, parliament could do the same again, giving the succession to anyone it wished, and it could demand that the King sign it into law.

In this sense, the monarchy is a truly democratic institution, at the mercy of the elected representatives. This is at the heart of the checks and balances of constitutional monarchy: parliamentarians swear an oath to the King, but the King is subject to their scrutiny too.

by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2023 12:17 PM

[quote] I’ll be honest, I had him pegged as a drug and alcohol addicted idiot, but he really does an effective job of highlighting how the tabloids have spent decades exploiting his worst moments to create a narrative.

The problem is, though, that this is not at all the image the tabloids created of him. Yes, they printed pictures of him when he got naked in a semi-public place and when he wore a swastika. No tabloid on the planet would turn its nose up at the chance to publish those.

But they were also the ones who most lapped up the image Harry (and The Palace) wanted to create: the Soldier Prince, gone to war. The Sun and the Daily Mail played that story as if he was singlehandedly liberating Afghanistan.

Every single positive thing Harry did (no matter how humdrum) was presented as evidence of his Diana-like goodness. If he so much as smiled at a kid, it would get him a page of gushing praise. When he went to the Antarctic, the press followed him, to praise his courage.

by Anonymousreply 38January 13, 2023 12:24 PM

"There are no reputable scholars who think Queen Charlotte was mixed heritage"

I think that rumor is largely based on this portrait, and a couple of others which really does make her look like a biracial woman. Others make her look as white as Nicole Kidman.

And when I read an article about her supposed African ancestry, there was something about Moorish ancestors 10-plus generations back, which is silly because family resemblances don't carry over that many generations unless you're a Hapsburg and your family tree is practically a straight line. No, if she had African blood, it didn't come from anyone on the official family tree, but these things happen...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 13, 2023 3:15 PM

The interesting parts of the book for me were descriptions of the BRF as intensely competitive and territorial. Harry describes how Charles was always concerned with family members outshining him, including William. According to Harry 'Pa' deliberately reduced appearances for William and Kate because they were more popular than he and Camilla. Charles was obsessed with elevating his own wife ever since they married. In turn William was jealous of any attention or royal duties that Harry was given. Apparently that was the point--keep everyone jostling for an unknown amount of royal assignments as well as access to the royal purse. One anecdote involved a mixup when Kate scheduled a visit to a tennis club on the same day Charles had a gig. It was too late to cancel so the Palace told Kate's staff she was forbidden to hold a tennis racquet during her appearance. They insisted that a photo of Kate with a racquet would push Charles and Camilla off the front pages.

I don't see how Harry and Megan would have been able to change and modernize that opaque institution, even if they were clever, original thinkers, which they aren't. You can't help but think Harry IS rather thick to think an American actress who loves the spotlight would be welcomed like a summer day.

by Anonymousreply 40January 13, 2023 3:37 PM

I don't know that you can trust anything Harry says directly in the book because he comes across in it as a deeply paranoid and deluded man who has convinced himself his dead mother is somehow sending him messages.

by Anonymousreply 41January 13, 2023 3:47 PM

The tabloid thing comes with the territory. Don't like it? He can relinquish his title and live the quiet life he supposedly wanted.

He and his thirsty missus would wither and die if the press didn't take notice of them. They're both full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 42January 13, 2023 3:48 PM

[quote] I don't see how Harry and Megan would have been able to change and modernize that opaque institution, even if they were clever, original thinkers, which they aren't.

The bigger question is why they would want to change it. A monarchy is, by definition, a hierarchy and Harry and Meghan could have expected decades of being at number 5 and 6 in that hierarchy. Even if they decided not to do further public duties, they could have maintained decent relationships with Charles and William and slotted into family and aristocratic circles as 2 semi-detached glamorous royal relations. Who else would have rivalled them? All they had to do was accept that Charles and William were above them on the ladder and every door would have been open to them on both sides of the Atlantic, and jobs would pour in: Meghan could have acted and pontificated, and Harry could have sat on any number of lucrative boards, doing very little.

Instead, they have tried to set themselves up as a rival court, but it has no foundation at all. Apart from Invictus, which the Palace really set up for Harry, they have very little charitable profile except for turning up to accept awards which few people think they deserve. And everything else they do is derived from the royal connections which Harry has now almost destroyed.

They could not tolerate being 5th and 6th on the UK social ladder, but where are theY in the US? They are not rich enough or talented enough to fit in in their own right, and they have denigrated the only connections which make them interesting to the people they themselves wish to associate with.

There are very few hoity-toity social events which the Prince and Princess of Wales would not be welcomed to. I fear a semi-detached, social-climbing Duke and Duchess (whose desperation to be accepted is embarrassingly obvious) are not in such demand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 13, 2023 3:58 PM

They should do a Macbeth-themed reality show.

by Anonymousreply 44January 13, 2023 4:01 PM

Harry: "Macbeth who?"

by Anonymousreply 45January 13, 2023 4:05 PM

Only Willy was allowed to read/watch Macbeth. He said Shakespeare was his thing. I was told I had to stick with “Where’s Waldo” and “Spot the Dog”.

I’ve never gotten over it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 13, 2023 4:11 PM

[quote] Apparently that was the point--keep everyone jostling for an unknown amount of royal assignments as well as access to the royal purse.

Well, I can certainly understand that. When there are only so many royal duties to be handed about, everyone is vying for something to do, else they may appear to be redundant.

[quote] All they had to do was accept that Charles and William were above them on the ladder and every door would have been open to them on both sides of the Atlantic, and jobs would pour in.

Perhaps, but there would never be the income that they are now pulling in. Granted, the current income is short-term. Hopefully, they are banking some of this current cash because as Harry put it 'they will never go back to royal duties'. They have flushed those opportunities down the drain.

by Anonymousreply 47January 13, 2023 4:26 PM

[quote].The bigger question is why they would want to change it.

Even Charles lll knows some things need to change which is why he reduced the number of working Royals. The Monarchy has been insecure about its role for years, trying to move with the times while somehow remaining above the fray.

Royals can't take every job that 'pours in', assignments and duties have to be vetted and things they want to do are often denied. You can't go off on your own with a pet cause unless it is completely uncontroversial--saving elephants-- not #metoo and even then will probably get vetoed. You have to be popular but never upstage anyone, even, no, especially if it's unintended. You certainly can't 'pontificate'.

Not saying cue the violins for Harry, merely pointing out that your view of royal life as a plethora of opportunity where everyone is free to follow their bliss as long as they bow and curtsey is panglossian.

by Anonymousreply 48January 13, 2023 5:27 PM

I wish I could see the first version that Penguin RH turned down and then they had to do a re-write. Was it more scathing or less?

by Anonymousreply 49January 13, 2023 6:38 PM

I heard that there were 40 pages of corrections/changes to be made from the manuscript that was originally submitted.

Sorry, I can't provide a source as I have been reading so many articles and listening to so many commentators.

by Anonymousreply 50January 13, 2023 6:51 PM

Maybe 400 pages taken out ???:

Oh god - he went into that in the Telegraph interview:

Telegraph: Prince Harry exclusive:

‘There’s enough for another book – I cut memoir in half to spare my family’

The Duke of Sussex has revealed that he has enough material to write another book, having held back disclosures for which the King and the Prince of Wales would not “ever forgive” him if they were made public.

In an interview with Bryony Gordon of The Telegraph, Prince Harry said the original transcript for his book, Spare, was twice the length of the final draft. He admitted a lot of the detail that was eventually edited out concerned interactions with both his father and his brother...

by Anonymousreply 51January 13, 2023 7:03 PM

Continuing from R51 ...The Duke also revealed that he felt “responsibility” to reform the monarchy for the sake of Prince George, nine, Princess Charlotte, seven, and Prince Louis, four. “I know that out of those three children, at least one will end up like me, the spare,” he said. “And that hurts, it worries me.”

He admitted that the notion frustrated Prince William, adding: “He has made it very clear to me that his kids are not my responsibility.”

Regardless, he said he liked to “fix” things and was approaching his mission with “long-term, strategic thinking”.

“This is not about trying to collapse the monarchy – this is about trying to save them from themselves,” he claimed. “I know that I will get crucified by numerous people saying that.” ...

The Duke demanded the Royal family apologise to Meghan and used the interview to address them directly, saying: “Because you know what you did, and I now know why you did it. And you’ve been caught out, so just come clean and then we could all move on.”

He said that “if people had listened” when he had raised the alarm they would not be in this position, adding: “That’s the saddest part about it – it was all so avoidable. But they just couldn’t help themselves.”

He likened his family’s silence on the entire furore to abuse.

Prince Harry said he genuinely wanted his brother and his father back in his life. His “technique”, he suggested, was to completely curtail the relationship between the Royal family and the press and, by doing so, protect them.

“When you’re trying to change an institution, and fundamentally the media landscape, that is not a small task,” he added. “The scale of the challenge is enormous, and I have to be able to protect myself mentally and emotionally throughout that process.”

He admitted he did not understand why it was considered so “shocking and outrageous” for him to tell his own “truthful” side of the story, but vowed to continue “the good fight” in standing up for Meghan “and other women” and encouraging other men to do the same.

“If you don’t lead by example, what is the point in living?” he asked.

by Anonymousreply 52January 13, 2023 7:07 PM

The last excerpt from the galling interview, continuing from R52

The Duke said he had tried to explain to his family that the decisions they were making were going to reflect badly on them, not least when it came to his wife.

“I couldn’t get through to them,” he said. “It wasn’t that I gave up, but I do feel as if I failed in that instance, trying to bring them with me.”

He suggested that although his family might not like him at the moment, they would thank him in a few years for talking so openly about trauma.

Meanwhile, the Duke described how, as he got older, Prince William “went completely silent and completely shut down” over their mother’s death.

For his part, he said it was only after taking ayahuasca, a hallucinogenic, that he realised it did not matter that he had not cried and that his mother just wanted him to be happy.

by Anonymousreply 53January 13, 2023 7:09 PM

[quote]The Duke of Sussex has revealed that he has enough material to write another book, having held back disclosures for which the King and the Prince of Wales would not “ever forgive” him if they were made public.

Sounds like blackmail to me!

by Anonymousreply 54January 13, 2023 7:31 PM

The man is fucking deranged.

by Anonymousreply 55January 13, 2023 7:42 PM

He is nuts.

[quote]Meanwhile, the Duke described how, as he got older, Prince William “went completely silent and completely shut down” over their mother’s death.

Well, that's because he learned over time not to share his feelings about that matter around his kid brother, LEST THEY END UP IN A TELL ALL BOOK down the road. Smart move, in hindsight. But leave it to Harry to make it out that William is problematically shutting down.

by Anonymousreply 56January 13, 2023 7:55 PM

[quote]The Duke said he had tried to explain to his family that the decisions they were making were going to reflect badly on them, not least when it came to his wife.

No, not at all. They are perceived quite broadly has having made the exact right decisions there. Grey rock, freeze out and carry on calmly.

[quote]He suggested that although his family might not like him at the moment, they would thank him in a few years for talking so openly about trauma.

They will be talking about the utter TRAUMA they experienced at his hands, due to his gross invasion of their privacy. For someone so concerned about "trauma" and the mental health of others, he certainly doesn't spare his own blood kin or care one whit about their state or peace of mind.

by Anonymousreply 57January 13, 2023 7:58 PM

He has a serious Messiah complex

by Anonymousreply 58January 13, 2023 7:59 PM

R18, you forget that the lineage does go back directly to King Alfred in the 9th century.

by Anonymousreply 59January 13, 2023 8:03 PM

R48, Charles never tried to reduce the number of working royals and the monarchy is 100% secure. There is no desire to abolish it.

Each monarch is a different individual, so things won't be the same under Charles as under his mother, and things won't be the same under William as under Charles.

by Anonymousreply 60January 13, 2023 8:07 PM

I wouldn't say it's 100% secure. A lot of people respected the late queen and hence it flourished but Charles, not so much. Especially younger people (in poles) are pretty fed up with it all. I think a lot of commonwealth countries will go republican for sure.

by Anonymousreply 61January 13, 2023 8:12 PM

You can just read it free from this link - I downloaded it and it works but I don't really intend to read it. I downloaded it for my mum who is into the royals (but disgusted by Harry).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 13, 2023 8:13 PM

Of course he is going to write another book. He’s heading towards middle-age, is unintelligent and has no marketable skills. And he has an expensive lifestyle, an atrocious sense of entitlement and an ambitious wife. All he has of interest to anyone is the ability to constantly hold his birth family to the fire.

Once he has burned through the cash from the current book, he will reach out to Charles, who will keep his distance. That will then be used as an excuse to start on the second volume of Memoirs of a Ginger.

by Anonymousreply 63January 13, 2023 9:00 PM

"Perhaps, but there would never be the income that they are now pulling in."

Royals don't need much income, not if they get free housing, free security, and free jewels!

by Anonymousreply 64January 13, 2023 10:32 PM

"Prince Harry said he genuinely wanted his brother and his father back in his life. His “technique”, he suggested, was to completely curtail the relationship between the Royal family and the press and, by doing so, protect them."

Oh God, he's bought Meghan's idiotic idea that two idiots know more about dealing with the press than the Palace does! She was enough of a fool to think that because she knew how to use social media then she knew best and everything the palace press office did was outdated, even though they'd kept the monarchy popular from the invention of the printing press to the present day (Civil War excepted). And he doesn't get it that the monarchy depends on press coverage, uses it to maintain its position, and is damn well never going to "curtail" its relationship with the press.

How can his family see him as anything other than an annoying and untrustworthy idiot who goes around thinking he invented the wheel because HIS car has wheels, and he's never noticed that everyone else's car also has wheels?

by Anonymousreply 65January 13, 2023 10:43 PM

[quote] For his part, he said it was only after taking ayahuasca, a hallucinogenic, that he realised it did not matter that he had not cried and that his mother just wanted him to be happy.

I have had several ayahuasca experiences and applaud him for admitting it. Ayahuasca is an incredible hallucinogenic and can lead you to open up to many life experiences. However, it doesn't seem that he healed from the experience, else he wouldn't seem so bitter. Unless, of course, the real author of the book decided to ignore his revelations.

by Anonymousreply 66January 13, 2023 11:12 PM

R61 The ignorance of people who aren't part of the Commonwealth astounds me. There are 56 member states of the Commonwealth and 36 of those countries are already Republics you dumb fuck. Also 5 other countries have a different Monarch than the British Royal family, Brunei, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malaysia, and Tonga. Could you also please inform us where you are getting the details of Australia, Canada and New Zealand becoming Republics because all of the Prime Minsters of those countries have said the discussion is currently not on the table.

Back to your basement now to google some Commonwealth facts instead of relying on the Sussexsquad for your "facts". Though their Queen Meghan listed Ireland as a Commonwealth country in her launch of the Sussex website, so not much hope for her minions. FYI Ireland left in 1949.

by Anonymousreply 67January 13, 2023 11:17 PM

[quote] Unless, of course, the real author of the book decided to ignore his revelations.

Well, there are two books to come! Or is it three? He could fill a whole volume with all he's learned from using drugs. Just to save us all from destruction, mind you. America has a new guru.

by Anonymousreply 68January 13, 2023 11:35 PM

We're baaack!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 13, 2023 11:42 PM

R59 So?

by Anonymousreply 70January 13, 2023 11:43 PM

R40, you actually believe his account after so much of what they said on Oprah was proven to be untrue? After MM's lawyers presented a court with documents where she'd stated and signed off on having nothing to do with FF?

I have a bridge to sell you...

by Anonymousreply 71January 13, 2023 11:43 PM

R43 Always nice to hear from 1923.

by Anonymousreply 72January 13, 2023 11:45 PM

Only thing more pathetic then these anachronistic clowns are the dolts who toady to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 13, 2023 11:49 PM

It's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other with Harry, Charles and William. Harry is dim, Charles is a narcissist and William is a nasty piece of work.

I wouldn't want to be a member of the BRF if you paid me. They all project a united front, but you'd be hard pressed to find a more dysfunctional family, if you tried. All bloody plotting and briefing against each other.

The sooner the lot of them are consigned to history and the UK becomes a republic, the better. There's no public appetite for it, but the lot of them have had their day.

by Anonymousreply 74January 13, 2023 11:55 PM

R71 ..... no doubt it's a drawbridge connected to your fantasy fairy castle.

by Anonymousreply 75January 14, 2023 12:05 AM

"plotting and briefing against each other" is Harold's evaluation, so it certainly must be true!

by Anonymousreply 76January 14, 2023 12:15 AM

r48 He hasnt reduced the number of working royals

by Anonymousreply 77January 14, 2023 12:20 AM

[quote]Despite the best efforts of the Daily Mail and online trolls with no lives, “Spare” is an absolute success.

bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

by Anonymousreply 78January 14, 2023 12:58 AM

That's like saying Ted Bundy was an absolute success as a serial killer. Or Bryan Kohberger a success as a criminologist-turned-slasher.

by Anonymousreply 79January 14, 2023 1:15 AM

Oh please, they're both as crazy as shit-house rats and this preposterously massive PR campaign we've all had to endure over the past few years is nothing more than trying to cover that truth.

The palace covered for Harry all his mentally-ill life. Meghan and their hilariously inept American PR companies took over that wheel and have achieved nothing more than expose them for the utter fools that they are.

Meghan and Harry are conniving & disingenuous dregs that should be working the graveyard shift in a Walmart restocking shelves and living in a trailer.

They bring nothing of merit to the table, and have the audacity to think that people can't see through their transparent overtures.

by Anonymousreply 80January 14, 2023 1:25 AM

R80 HRH Sybil from her council flat in Selly Oak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 14, 2023 2:58 AM

OP Most of us can't read why would we write a book?

by Anonymousreply 82January 14, 2023 3:01 AM

I don’t have a source, but I read somewhere yesterday that Spare has to sell 2 million copies at FULL PRICE (£28 here in the UK) before it will start producing a profit for its publisher. If true, this helps put its record-breaking sales into perspective. Since most stores are selling it for half price or less, it still has a very long way to go before it makes a profit for the publisher. Of course, Harry will presumably have made a fortune from it anyway.

The timing of the release is still very curious to me. Is January really an optimal time to release it? It seems as if it was released to create the maximum impact rather than to achieve maximum sales, which would be better achieved over Christmas. Or was the publisher betting that a January release was fine because it was such a sure-fire hit anyway?

by Anonymousreply 83January 14, 2023 6:35 AM

I would say yes, as the dark nights are still with us.

by Anonymousreply 84January 14, 2023 11:01 AM

R61, what the Commonwealth countries that still have the British monarch as their head of state do is irrelevant to the future of the British monarchy. The British monarch is 100% secure as British head of state for several generations to come and then some. I've never seen a poll that says younger people in the UK are "fed up" with the British monarchy and wish to replace the monarch with a different head of state. The few people in the UK who do wish to abolish the monarchy never make any suggestions for another way to select the head of state.

by Anonymousreply 85January 14, 2023 11:26 AM

R83, I agree that 10 January is an odd publication date. Wasn't there talk that publication of Spare had been delayed, in particular until after the Queen died? Perhaps they - Harry and the publisher - wanted to wait for a "respectable" time until after the Queen died and a fair bit before Charles' coronation, so enough time passes between the initial faux scandal of the book and Harry's attendance at the coronation. If so, they were effectively forced to publish now, especially as there have been other Harry-related media things recently (the ridiculous Netflix series, the thing they stole from the Nelson Mandela Foundation).

by Anonymousreply 86January 14, 2023 11:34 AM

Harry has created his narrative to justify the book to avoid admitting to himself it's for money. They said during the Oprah thing that Daddy had cut them off and that they had looked to the streamers for income. Meghan has also compared them to a start-up.

So instead of admitting to himself that doing a tell-all book is necessary to support his family (in the lifestyle Meghan married him for) he tells himself: "I'm doing this to save the next spares/to finally tell my side/to force them to break their pact with the press/to let my family benefit from the truth that has been revealed to me via psychedelics and Meghan's version of whatever social justice movement is now trending."

by Anonymousreply 87January 14, 2023 11:49 AM

R85 Corbyn was the closest shot to Britain becoming a republic. If he'd of won the general election, I could see the monarchy being put into managed decline.

There's pretty much no chance now, as you said. Charles will be dead soon and William and Catherine will be on the throne before you know it. The press will ensure William and Kate are untouchable.

I get a sense though, that Britain is changing. People are angry that they are struggling to pay their bills. The NHS is up shit creek. They've lost family members to COVID. There's genuine anger out there, so it'll be interesting to see how that manifests itself. So far Charles has read the room correctly. What the public's response is to his coronation will be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 88January 14, 2023 11:50 AM

R88, even Corbyn's Labour never proposed abolishing the royal family and replacing the monarch with a president, which would never have happened even if he did propose it.

How does Britain changing impact negatively on the royal family? The royal family are one of the biggest forces for shining a spotlight on the country's problems and on forgotten, vulnerable communities. William and Kate opened a new hospital the other day and extolled the value of the NHS and thanked the NHS staff, at a time when NHS staff are feeling particularly under pressure and stressed out by the cost of living crisis and the NHS crisis.

The royal family and the monarch are appreciated as a strong institution that unites the nation and gives us a sense of community. They become even more important at times when there is social discontent towards government policy. This weird class war spin you're trying to put on things is totally misplaced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 14, 2023 12:25 PM

Prince William and Princess Kate thank NHS staff for their 'amazing' work

The Royal Highnesses were on a special engagement to meet staff at the Royal Liverpool Hospital

Prince William thanked NHS staff for their hard work at the Royal Liverpool Hospital.

The Royal Highnesses were on a special engagement to meet staff and officially open the new hospital today, Thursday, January 12. The Prince and Princess of Wales were greeted with huge crowds who lined the entrance and atrium area of the hospital.

William and Kate visited the critical care ward, where they spoke to staff who have been working hard at the hospital during the busy winter period. The couple stopped to speak to sisters, nurses and doctors on the ward about the work they do, how the new layout has helped with logistics and patient care and how they have coped following the aftermath of covid.

Prince William and Princess Kate also met health care assistants, porters, security and catering staff and asked about their roles within the hospital. Speaking to staff, William said: “The hospital can’t function without all the care you provide.” He added they do an “amazing” job.

Deputy ward manager Frieda Sebastian and Linda Musiniwa, a band five staff nurse, spoke the ECHO after their chat with William and Kate. They said it was "exciting" having the Prince and Princess visiting the Royal hospital.

Linda said: "Having them thank us for working through covid and asking us where we have been before coming to the UK, it was nice."

Prince William, Prince of Wales and Catherine, Princess of Wales, attend the opening of the new Royal Liverpool University Hospital in Liverpool

Catherine, Princess of Wales meets a member of the public as she attends the opening of the new Royal Liverpool University Hospital in Liverpool this afternoon (Image: Iain Watts/Liverpool ECHO)

Frieda said: "You feel really privileged to represent ethnic minorities and it is a real honour and we still feel like we're in a dream."

Sylvia, 81, was attending an appointment at the hospital and was thrilled when she managed to speak to Prince William. The 81-year-old said to William: “Keep going Will, Scousers love you.” To which he replied: “I will do.” She said she couldn’t believe she managed to speak to him.

Rosie the therapy dog also stole the show as she met Prince William and Princess Kate. The Royals were introduced to volunteer Jim Moubray and therapy dog Rosie.

Catherine, Princess of Wales meets Rosie the therapy dog as she attends the opening of the new Royal Liverpool University Hospital in Liverpool

The heartwarming moment was captured on camera as staff gathered round to meet the Prince and Princess. Prince William was seen giving the golden retriever a treat before Kate crouched down to stroke her.

But the Royal visit soon proved too much for dog Rosie, who was pictured having a lie down and falling fast asleep. After visiting the hospital, the Royals travelled to the Open Door Charity, a Wirral organisation that supports young adults across Merseyside with their mental health.

Open Door provides members with free, immediate access to a range of creative therapy options. Their Royal Highnesses visited the charity's flagship Bloom Building to meet volunteers, mentors and staff.

They sat down for a round table discussion about mental health together, where Princess Kate said it is "such an exciting idea to have a one-stop place for this kind of support".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 14, 2023 12:28 PM

That was quick. Released on Tuesday and by Thursday night all the laughter and finger pointing at Harold's frozen todger is over. Keep up the stony silence BRF, it really makes the Markles CRY.

by Anonymousreply 91January 14, 2023 1:21 PM

R52, R76 & R91, my given name is Henry not Harold, you wankers!

by Anonymousreply 92January 14, 2023 4:25 PM

I love that the BRF have no intention of 'apologizing' to the lunatics, Harry and Meghan. The Harkles are as good as dead to the BRF, as it should be. What an odious pair of human beings Harry and Meghan are. I hope for nothing but misery in their lives, which they are certainly doing a fine job of setting themselves up for. Also, Doria is an evil actor skulking around the background and fanning the flames of this through this massive Prince Harry hostage-taking. She's sketchy AF.

by Anonymousreply 93January 14, 2023 4:29 PM

Yes, but will they be invited to the coronation? If so, will they be sitting in the back with that cute Scottish soldier, Major Jonathan Thompson, sitting behind them, again? I hope so...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 14, 2023 4:53 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 14, 2023 5:09 PM

I wonder if Major Johnny is planning his own memoirs, to finally share his own feelings of betrayal and physical fear on the terrible occasion where King Charles grimaced and brandished a pen tray at him threateningly? That type of trauma can last a lifetime, just as having one’s necklace snapped and having one’s boney ass hit the dog bowl at speed can cause one to go utterly, utterly insane.

Major Johnny’s tome should, obviously, be called Sporran Peace.

by Anonymousreply 96January 14, 2023 6:32 PM

[quote] [R18], you forget that the lineage does go back directly to King Alfred in the 9th century.

No, not "directly" at all. You clearly don't know what that word means with regards to lineage.

by Anonymousreply 97January 14, 2023 7:54 PM

Who cares about King Alfred

by Anonymousreply 98January 15, 2023 12:42 AM

R89/R90 Obviously you have Daily Mail amnesia. The upheavals on the way for Charlie's UK will make the London riots of 2011 look like peaceful protests. But you keep living in your Downton Abbey fantasy world Hyacinth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 15, 2023 1:51 AM

It’s too early to see how Charles’ reign will go. He’s the ultimate silly ass buffoon, so I’m thinking “not well”.

by Anonymousreply 100January 15, 2023 9:19 AM

R99 = Wealthy home counties, middle-class anarchist still living his lefty student days well into his 40s. Daddy is a stockbroker and the family home is very detached.

by Anonymousreply 101January 15, 2023 11:21 AM

R92 needs to catch up.

by Anonymousreply 102January 15, 2023 1:47 PM

R101 Your reality is very detached luv.

by Anonymousreply 103January 15, 2023 1:49 PM

[quote] Charles was obsessed with elevating his own wife ever since they married.

Like father, like (probable) son, R40?

by Anonymousreply 104January 15, 2023 2:30 PM

I still think that Charles is not Harry's father by birth. James Hewitt, who had an affair with Diana, certainly looked more like his Daddy. Gingers aren't that prevalent in the Windsors or the Spencers, are they?

by Anonymousreply 105January 18, 2023 11:55 PM

Sorry, R105. but the Spencers are ginger-laden. Harry looks like his grandfather, but with different colouring.

by Anonymousreply 106January 19, 2023 12:34 AM

R105

[quote] Gingers aren't that prevalent in the Windsors or the Spencers, are they?

Both of Diana's sisters are redheads, as was her brother Charles Spencer before his hair went gray.

by Anonymousreply 107January 19, 2023 1:58 AM

I just finished it. I had an old Barnes & Noble giftcard on my Nook (yes, I still have a Nook) that I used up.

I was left with only one impression: things would have been a lot different for Harry had the family allowed him (or insisted he get) therapy when his mother died. He was just shy of his thirteenth birthday when Diana died and it screwed him up for life. I know he’s getting help now and I hope he’s doing better.

How do you go through all of that at twelve years old and come out unscathed without some help? He obviously didn't.

by Anonymousreply 108January 20, 2023 1:39 PM

How do you know he didn't get help when Di died? He has said conflicting things, or in other words LIED. He was drunk and/or high until Sparkles came on the scene to take him off his meds and "healed him. Very little is obvious, to me.

by Anonymousreply 109January 20, 2023 2:59 PM

r108 Many young people experience the death of a parent without turning into an ar****le in later life

He was also in therapy and said so publicly at the time , years before he met Meghan and arguably the type of therapy he is getting at this moment is not doing him much good as he seems miserable and has a big problem with resentment, jealousy, moving on and taking personal responsibility. None of those traits seem to have lessened with therapy. In his case.

by Anonymousreply 110January 20, 2023 6:02 PM

[quote]Many young people experience the death of a parent without turning into an ar****le in later life

I was expecting this response.

Were these deaths known throughout the world? Did these people have to face a horde of photographers every time they were seen in public, or were they allowed to grieve in private? Were the funerals watched by billions around the world? Etc., etc., etc.

I’m not here to defend him. I’m just saying that it is impossible to know how it would feel to go through that as a twelve-year-old. And if he did get help then, his therapist was a lousy one. (From reading his book, I doubt this was the case anyway.)

by Anonymousreply 111January 20, 2023 6:42 PM

[quote]I was expecting this response.

[quote]Were these deaths known throughout the world? Did these people have to face a horde of photographers every time they were seen in public, or were they allowed to grieve in private? Were the funerals watched by billions around the world? Etc., etc., etc.

William went through the very same thing and there's a good chance that they saw the same therapist.

by Anonymousreply 112January 20, 2023 6:54 PM

Dimbo is fucking weird. It's sad what he went through, losing his mum and the aftermath, but he was apparently a nasty little kid who bullied others. He even shamlessly recounts in his book how he made fun of one of his school matrons because "she didn't make him horny" and had some kind of painful condition made worse by walking.

He's a brat, always has been, always will be. How sad he found someone who is also a bully and who helps him exploit his birthright and relatives.

by Anonymousreply 113January 21, 2023 9:07 AM

[quote] William went through the very same thing and there's a good chance that they saw the same therapist.

Yes, but William has a purpose in life ~ to be King. Harry has no purpose, as he sees it, other than a spare. Hence, nothing to do, except complain.

by Anonymousreply 114January 21, 2023 6:52 PM

It's just so weird. It's not like he had no uncles who had the exact same circumstance. And throughout history, countless "spares" who muddled through in their palaces with armed guards and untold wealth... they somehow overcame their terrible fates.

by Anonymousreply 115January 21, 2023 7:29 PM

[quote]Harry has no purpose, as he sees it, other than a spare. Hence, nothing to do, except complain.

Most people on this earth are born without a specific purpose in their lives...

and I think that his father tried to create a purpose for Harry (fab four, tours to Commonwealth countries as a member of the Royal Family and representing his country both before his marriage and after wth his wife, many patronage appointments, Invictus, to name but a few)

but oh no, once Meghan came along and told Harry that his life was crap, well the rest is playing out before us now.... his only purpose is to remind us that he is a Prince/Royal Duke and that nobody on the planet has it worse off than he.

by Anonymousreply 116January 21, 2023 10:25 PM

He's still mad that the nanny gave William one more sausage at the breakfast table.

by Anonymousreply 117January 21, 2023 11:30 PM

A DLer on one of the other threads pointed out Anne had it much worse than Harry. Spare (second in line) until Andrew, then Edward were born. Losing her place to her younger brothers just because she's a female.

She's been quoted as saying that with privilege comes duty when questioned about completing the highest number of royal engagements. She's a great role model and has copped worse than Harry when it comes to rank.

by Anonymousreply 118January 21, 2023 11:38 PM

Anne would have been a marvellous heir to the throne. Her frankness would have had t be toned down though, even though she is loved for it.

by Anonymousreply 119January 21, 2023 11:50 PM

Anne had decades of terrible press, proclaiming her ugly, charmless, foul-mouthed, etc. The press claimed the Royal Family hated her first husband and that the family called him Foggy because he was thick and wet. The press printed stolen love letters written to her by her second husband while she was still married to her first.

She had plenty of reasons to hate the press and she did treat them with a certain amount of contempt, but she also realised that she would never escape its scrutiny, so she harnessed that attention and used it to try to do some good with Save The Children. She never complained. She just tried to do her bit, and the press had no choice but to respect her.

Harry could have done so much good. He was superficially charming, fairly good-looking, had a great deal of public goodwill because of Diana’s death. People felt protective of him. He only had 1 brother toshare the limelight, whereas Anne had three.

It’s astonishing that he has burned all that goodwill, in such a short period. He has catastrophic judgement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 21, 2023 11:55 PM

^^sorry wrong thread.

Harry needed help as a child and had a very strange reaction the public mourning his mother's death: resentment. You can see it in his face following the cortege. Not just sadness but anger, too.

His insistence that the press killed Diana is really something. Plus his insinuations that more was involved. It's as if the fact that she was in a speeding car (driven by someone who was over the limit) and not wearing a seatbelt hadn't effect of his rationale.

by Anonymousreply 121January 22, 2023 12:09 AM

[quote]His insistence that the press killed Diana is really something. Plus his insinuations that more was involved. It's as if the fact that she was in a speeding car (driven by someone who was over the limit) and not wearing a seatbelt hadn't effect of his rationale.

I'm surprised Harry hasn't hooked up with Mohamed Al Fayed, who likely still believes the conspiracy theories about Diana's death.

by Anonymousreply 122January 23, 2023 11:59 PM

Diana's own damn bodyguard killed her, by driving drunk.

Harry never seems to have processed that, he still blames the press and demands that other people pay a fortune for him to have that kind of bodyguard. He really doesn't get it.

by Anonymousreply 123January 24, 2023 12:09 AM

r122 Al Fayed is said to be in extremely poor health-perhaps even in his last months some speculate.

by Anonymousreply 124January 24, 2023 12:15 AM

About "over the limit" a couple of posts above--wasn't the driver actually extremely blotto, not just over the limit?

I was reminded about that breakfast-sausage tidbit by the post above. It hardly seems likely that someone would have said that William needed more because he was going to be king. I think it much more probable they said something like William was older and bigger, and that Harry's jealous brain twisted the memory retrospectively; I suspect that happens A LOT with him. They should have just given him another sausage, though, FFS.

by Anonymousreply 125January 24, 2023 12:36 AM

Give the lad ‘es saw-sage now, will ya?

by Anonymousreply 126January 24, 2023 2:21 AM

R125:

[quote]Henri Paul's bloodstream contained a deadly mix of alcohol and drugs when the Mercedes he was driving slammed into a pillar in a highway tunnel here early on Aug. 31, killing Princess Diana, Dodi Fayed and Paul, the Paris prosecutor's office said today.

[quote]One drug was the antidepressant Prozac. The other, tiapride, is most commonly prescribed for recovering alcoholics, French medical experts said. The combination of the two with alcohol would enhance a feeling of euphoria while reducing physical reaction time and impairing vision, these experts said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 24, 2023 8:22 AM

R123, Al Fayed's bodyguard was driving. Diana's bodyguard was in the front passenger seat and only survived because he was wearing a seatbelt. Why he went along with the cat and mouse game is unknown. They sent Di and Dodi lookalikes out the front of the hotel into a car and used the paps being distracted to sneak out the back. The paps caught on quickly, though.

It killed that woman to avoid having her photo taken when there'd already been so many taken of her with Dodi, even shots of them kissing on the yacht, IIRC. And apparently she would have survived if she'd been wearing a seatbelt, but the whole thing was totally stupid.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. So sad for her and her family and friends, but what a drama queen!

by Anonymousreply 128January 24, 2023 8:43 AM

The Sausage Story is satire. The situation is at a very low level when the jokes are completely believable.

by Anonymousreply 129January 24, 2023 3:26 PM

Think Harry will get a Grammy nom for Best Audiobook for his narration of Spare?

I will laugh my Elizabeth-Arden-crème-covered-frozen todger off if that happens!

by Anonymousreply 130January 24, 2023 3:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!