Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Remembering the Infamous 1998 J.Lo Interview That Launched a Thousand Beefs

As you read this interview from MOVIELINE magazine, remember that she had only made SELENA:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268March 16, 2023 4:13 PM

CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 1January 10, 2023 4:28 PM

She was so pretty then, but so arrogant. I've never cared for her.

by Anonymousreply 2January 10, 2023 4:32 PM

I remember reading this in my break-room at work, totally incredulous.

by Anonymousreply 3January 10, 2023 4:33 PM

I see she was on her first nose in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 4January 10, 2023 4:34 PM

I remember reading this article. I had never read an interview where an up and coming female actor just went so negative on their 'competition'. As this was before the internet, I believe I saw an apology from her through her management on Entertainment Tonight. Pretty much it at the time. Simpler times.

by Anonymousreply 5January 10, 2023 4:39 PM

She actually thinks she's an actress? She's horrible. Flat and wooden.

by Anonymousreply 6January 10, 2023 4:41 PM

It's why these hos refuse to nominate her for an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 7January 10, 2023 4:44 PM

R4. Her nose is cute as a button. Jlo has never needed nor got a nose job.

by Anonymousreply 8January 10, 2023 4:47 PM

She's fabulous and her assessment of cokehead Cameron Diaz was dead-on:

“A lucky model who’s been given a lot of opportunities I just wish she would have done more with,” she said. “She’s beautiful and has a great presence, though, and in My Best Friend’s Wedding, I thought, ‘When directed, she can be good.'”

by Anonymousreply 9January 10, 2023 4:48 PM

I don't mind J.Lo. Respect to her game.

by Anonymousreply 10January 10, 2023 4:49 PM

JLo is still A-list. Those bitches she dragged have all fallen off. About GOOP:

“Tell me what she’s been in? I swear to God, I don’t remember anything she was in,” J.Lo said. “Some people get hot by association. I heard more about her and Brad Pitt than I ever heard about her work.”

by Anonymousreply 11January 10, 2023 4:49 PM

R8 Sure, Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 10, 2023 4:50 PM

R12, that's actually a rather modest nosejob. It was just the tip. The rest of the "after" pic is due to make-up and lighting

by Anonymousreply 13January 10, 2023 4:54 PM

Funny she went after all of those that outranked her and not the big dog at the time, Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 14January 10, 2023 4:56 PM

R13 So you acknowledge she had a nose job.

Got it.

by Anonymousreply 15January 10, 2023 4:58 PM

R14: That's what I was thinking. No Julia. No Sandra. No Sharon. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 16January 10, 2023 4:58 PM

Lol she’s right about Goop

by Anonymousreply 17January 10, 2023 4:59 PM

R13 Modest?!

Christ, her whole damn schnoz was reshaped!

by Anonymousreply 18January 10, 2023 4:59 PM

She's an icon. She worked her ass off, just like any other a-lister, and while I don't agree with her tactics, I think her assessments almost sorta drove the narrative on Goop, Diaz, WiNo as far as public opinion went. Show me where she was wrong .....

by Anonymousreply 19January 10, 2023 5:05 PM

[quote] JLo is still A-list.

Oh, [italic]honey.[/italic]

She's aged out of her market. "Marry Me," her last big film, only did $55 million at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 20January 10, 2023 5:05 PM

Better than homo movies.

by Anonymousreply 21January 10, 2023 5:07 PM

Nose job, yes. Nose jobS, probably.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 10, 2023 5:07 PM

[quote]JLo is still A-list.

She's A-List for the tabloids only

by Anonymousreply 23January 10, 2023 5:11 PM

I LOVED Movieline.

by Anonymousreply 24January 10, 2023 5:11 PM

R11 that comment bit her in the ass. She got to be world famous though dating Puffy and then Bennifer.

by Anonymousreply 25January 10, 2023 5:23 PM

R12 I hope that's just contouring and makeup because it's obvious to anyone with eyes that the old nose looks better. I really think it's just lightning and her facial expression, slightly flaring the nostrils. Why anyone would want a slightly awkward Eurocentric nose over their natural perfectly symmetrical more rounder nose is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 26January 10, 2023 5:25 PM

JLo was actually a decent actress but in the article she vastly overestimates her talents. Is this the interview where she claims she turned down a Salma Hayek movie to do a "fun B picture"?

by Anonymousreply 27January 10, 2023 5:26 PM

[quote] I really think it's just lightning and her facial expression, slightly flaring the nostrils.

It's a nose job. Actresses, models, and performers get plastic surgery. It's a fact of life.

by Anonymousreply 28January 10, 2023 5:28 PM

R28, yea but she didn't need one. I've never heard that before here. If she did get one, I'm starting to think there is some illuminati ritual that must be made to have Eurocentric standards of beauty.

by Anonymousreply 29January 10, 2023 5:30 PM

R29, it’s been posted here for years, it isn’t news. She absolutely has had multiple nose jobs.

by Anonymousreply 30January 10, 2023 5:33 PM

JLo has awful taste in movie scripts just like Diaz, but Cameron's were largely bigger hits. Jenny also stopped showing her tittage in movies once she became a star.

by Anonymousreply 31January 10, 2023 5:33 PM

Bitches, please.

JLo, unfiltered is cause for putting her down? That interview should’ve earned her DL icon status.

And I write this as knowing her talent ain’t all that, but her 4 Ds- drive, discipline, determination, and desire have earned my respect.

Oops, forgot that 5th D- Dick Magnet

Like Streisand, she’s slept with a lot prime man.

Bow down.

by Anonymousreply 32January 10, 2023 5:35 PM

R27: Yes

'J.Lo was not too impressed with Salma Hayek saying that she could have been in Selena. “We’re in two different realms,” she said. “She’s a sexy bombshell and those are the kinds of roles she does. I do all kinds of different things. It makes me laugh when she says she got offered Selena, which was an outright lie. If that’s what she does to get herself publicity, then that’s her thing. Columbia offered me the choice of Fools Rush In or Anaconda, but I chose the fun B-movie because the Fools script wasn’t strong enough.”

by Anonymousreply 33January 10, 2023 5:44 PM

She would have got an Oscar nom for Hustlers if she hadn't trod on so many people

by Anonymousreply 34January 10, 2023 5:48 PM

Is JLo the Joan Crawford of the 21st century?

by Anonymousreply 35January 10, 2023 5:51 PM

R35 she's not that interesting

by Anonymousreply 36January 10, 2023 5:57 PM

Anaconda! That is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 37January 10, 2023 6:05 PM

30 year career and not a single iconic or even memorable song or role to her name. She's the type of celebrity who 50 years from now no one will remember.

by Anonymousreply 38January 10, 2023 6:09 PM

[quote]Is JLo the Joan Crawford of the 21st century?

More like the Maria Montez, r35.

by Anonymousreply 39January 10, 2023 6:16 PM

She did NOT have a nose job. It's makeup contouring, which she trowels on. Last year she did a makeup free video and her nose was as bulbous, wide, and thick as it was when she was a teenager. And google any pics of her without makeup through the years. Same nose (and not a pretty one imo).

Who gets a nose job that "disappears" when you take off makeup?

by Anonymousreply 40January 10, 2023 6:25 PM

JLo is the Raquel Welch of this century and I don't mean that as a compliment...

by Anonymousreply 41January 10, 2023 6:26 PM

R33 And she chose right. Anaconda was a hit, and is one of the best popcorn flicks of all time.

by Anonymousreply 42January 10, 2023 6:27 PM

R40 really, really can't accept that the fact that J-Ho has had multiple nose jobs.

by Anonymousreply 43January 10, 2023 6:28 PM

R34 There was no way J-Lo was gonna get an Oscar nod for Hustlers. It was a so-so movie, and her performance was mediocre at best. Her PR team really worked overtime to try and make that one happen. And failed.

by Anonymousreply 44January 10, 2023 6:29 PM

R38????, Selena, Anaconda, Out of Sight, Hustlers . If you had my love, Jenny from the Block

I dont even like most of her shitty music, but those two songs are iconic.

by Anonymousreply 45January 10, 2023 6:30 PM

With goop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 10, 2023 6:31 PM

Plastic surgery assessment…..very well done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 10, 2023 6:32 PM

R43 get a pair of glasses. And a brain. No one has "multiple" nose jobs that magically disappear the second the makeup comes off.

by Anonymousreply 48January 10, 2023 6:32 PM

R48, watch the video and tell us what you think please.

by Anonymousreply 49January 10, 2023 6:34 PM

She was never getting nominated for Hustlers. Horrible performance.

Out of Sight was her chance for a supporting nom and she blew it with this interview. OOS was her best (subtle) performance, she had a great director, wasn’t a media creation yet. The ship has sailed, a quarter of a century ago.

by Anonymousreply 50January 10, 2023 6:34 PM

R48 Sweetie, her nose has been cut into so many times, it could qualify for victims' assistance funding.

by Anonymousreply 51January 10, 2023 6:36 PM

She fucked someone for her career. She can't act or sing. She can shake her ass but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 52January 10, 2023 6:40 PM

She decided to do a “fun B movie” because she wasn’t good enough for FOOLS RUSH IN. Salma is a much better actress than JLo. I totally believed Salma in her role as a artistic, intense Chicana. JLo would have played her like the coarse strumpet from Brooklyn that she is.

by Anonymousreply 53January 10, 2023 6:43 PM

R49 in every single after picture she's wearing contouring makeup. Google pics of her without makeup. Also, if there is a person in that video with a noticeable nose job, it's the host. Holy Christ her nose looks butchered.

by Anonymousreply 54January 10, 2023 6:46 PM

r48, reiterating the same talking points over and over again convinces no one of anything.

by Anonymousreply 55January 10, 2023 6:47 PM

You can't convince anyone of anything when they refuse to believe the truth R55. I see no one has bothered to Google pics of her without makeup where -shocking!- her nose grew back. And then shrunk again when she has makeup again.

by Anonymousreply 56January 10, 2023 6:51 PM

Nothing about this bitch is "iconic." Anyone could have sung her generic ass songs (and they did, shout out to Ashanti). She started out as a promising actress in Selena, U Turn and Out of Sight but lost her ability to act decently somewhere along the line. She did shitty romcom after romcom. She has a big butt, big deal and it's not even that impressive but she had to objectify herself because her talent is non-existent. There's many beautiful Puerto Rican women in the Northeast with better attitudes and talent then her. Most of the men she's scored were actually ugly except Ben and Onaji. She fucked to advance her career. The twinks on here need to stop acting like this bitch is all that.

by Anonymousreply 57January 10, 2023 6:52 PM

R56 I see you haven't bothered to post any of those pictures yourself. :-)

by Anonymousreply 58January 10, 2023 6:55 PM

I don't know how R58.

by Anonymousreply 59January 10, 2023 6:56 PM

R59 Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 60January 10, 2023 6:58 PM

R60 why don't you take 20 secs and Google yourself? Is that too taxing for you? Poor baby

by Anonymousreply 61January 10, 2023 7:01 PM

R61 big mad J-Lo got a nose job and everybody knows it.

by Anonymousreply 62January 10, 2023 7:16 PM

I'm starting to think R60 is J-Lo herself. Or Ben.

by Anonymousreply 63January 10, 2023 7:17 PM

BAHAHA! Still won't look at those pics will you? Obvious.

by Anonymousreply 64January 10, 2023 7:18 PM

R64 Sweetie, have you seen all the pictures and videos posted of your girl's various noses on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 65January 10, 2023 7:19 PM

I think Goop and Cameron and Madge at chiming in. It was 20 years ago girls, move on!

by Anonymousreply 66January 10, 2023 7:20 PM

R65 are you stupid or just in denial? None of those pics show her without makeup.

by Anonymousreply 67January 10, 2023 7:22 PM

R65 Don't you have some Hollywood producer to fuck, J-Lo? Why are you wasting time here?

by Anonymousreply 68January 10, 2023 7:23 PM

R68 you're so fascinating and brilliant I can't tear myself away. And what an eye you have!

by Anonymousreply 69January 10, 2023 7:24 PM

All this talk about J-Lo's nose reminds of a great line from one of Lisa Lampanelli's standup routines (back before Lisa went mental):

"If Jennifer Lopez gets one more nose job, she won't be able to tell the producers she fucks she's Puerto Rican anymore and they'll all lose interest. Nobody wants to fuck a dry old white girl when they can have that oily, slipper stuff."

by Anonymousreply 70January 10, 2023 7:43 PM

JLo looked more Puerto Rican when young when she had curly hair and her original nose. She had good and minimum work but still had work regardless. Like many Nuyoricans of her age, she has some self-hate issues. She was playing white women often Italian and for years in her Hollywood roles. She is only Latina when convenient for her. Actually, she reminds me of Brad Pitt, she changes her demeanor based on who she is dating or married to. Now she's with Ben, she is trying to pull off the sophisticated New England moneyed look.

by Anonymousreply 71January 10, 2023 7:49 PM

Her nose job is similar to Prince's. It's not that noticeable and can be explained away as "losing baby fat." But still occured nonetheless

by Anonymousreply 72January 10, 2023 7:52 PM

Whenever I think of her, I always think of this South Park episode and her "taco flavored kisses."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 10, 2023 8:01 PM

I believe she was just a Fly Girl with a dream when she appeared in Janet Jackson's THAT'S THE WAY LOVE GOES' video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 10, 2023 8:03 PM

Here's a makeup free picture of her nose in 2015, same year as the "after" pic in R12's post. Note: the "after surgery" pic in R12 was before the pic taken below. Did her nose grow in less than a year?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 10, 2023 8:04 PM

Oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 10, 2023 8:05 PM

R76 Looks like a new nose to me. Definitely not the same as the one in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 77January 10, 2023 8:10 PM

R77 It's the same nose that was taken in R12's post, his "proof" that she had a nose job. The after pic in that post was taken at the Billboard music awards in the beginning of 2015.

Somehow she has a nose job in the beginning of 2015 and by November it grew back to the one above.

by Anonymousreply 78January 10, 2023 8:14 PM

Memorable. She's been around forever and already had a record deal in development. Movieline was legendary for getting people to trash talk others

by Anonymousreply 79January 10, 2023 8:18 PM

If JLo was well liked in Hollywood she would surely have got a nod for Hustlers. She had more of a performance than the actual winner that year, Laura Dern, who did nothing in her role in Marriage Story. Laura won because she's respected and has a good body of work.

Being cynical, JLo would tick a box by being Latina. And he movie was a relative hit.

You aren't telling me other actresses haven't been nominated for bog-standard stuff mainly because they are well liked. JLo blew her chances at awards voted by her peers because it seems she hasn't made allies

by Anonymousreply 80January 10, 2023 8:19 PM

This cunt was always so delusional

by Anonymousreply 81January 10, 2023 8:25 PM

Lopez was dismissive of Winona Ryder, claimed to not remember anything Winona Ryder appeared in. Ryder was not some bimbo who traded on her appearance for a career.

by Anonymousreply 82January 10, 2023 8:25 PM

Marrying a self-loathing gay-leaning bisexual is hardly winning too. Ben never looks happy with women, he lights up when around attractive men though. Look at pics of him and Jason Momoa. He and Matt Damon were boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 83January 10, 2023 8:25 PM

When she wore that outfit that was basically a scarf to the awards show, then pretended to be surprised that it caused such a ruckus, I was done with her. My eyes rolled up so far into my head, I could see my brain.

What a phony bimbo she is.

by Anonymousreply 84January 10, 2023 8:27 PM

The Versace muumuu was that moment her career took off and didn't stop.

by Anonymousreply 85January 10, 2023 8:33 PM

She's one of those utterly boring people that I can't even bring myself to look into anything that concerns her. And Affleck is like a Chia Pet made out of alcoholic ham. Not interesting enough to be revolting, though they kind of are. Aside from not tipping, for which mediocrity of achievement is she best known? Singing? Acting? I've never seen or heard her in anything (to my knowledge), and yet she keep on getting tabloid traction, Kind of.

by Anonymousreply 86January 10, 2023 8:35 PM

R86 She has great publicists and probably a very talented mouth and snatch. Those are what keep her in the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 87January 10, 2023 8:37 PM

At that time, people were ready to hear and see Lantinos represented, classic right place and time synergy

by Anonymousreply 88January 10, 2023 8:41 PM

She came around the time of the Latin explosion and while she was focused on being an actress first. The record labels saw her as a potential investment for creating an American Latina pop star equivalent to Britney Spears. That actually was her error in judgment because it became impossible to take her seriously as an actress after that move, she then became a tabloid whore and did shitastic romcoms.

by Anonymousreply 89January 10, 2023 8:45 PM

I agree with her asking for equal pay.

by Anonymousreply 90January 10, 2023 9:02 PM

It wasn't really a mistake to go the Latin Pop Star route if we're speaking strictly about business. She made a shit ton of money, which seems to be her main motivation. She was never much of an actress anyway, she could play butch street types well and that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 91January 10, 2023 9:04 PM

[quote]30 year career and not a single iconic or even memorable song or role to her name. She's the type of celebrity who 50 years from now no one will remember.

Very true. Offhand, I can't really remember any of her hit songs. I think in the years to come, Lopez will be remembered as an "of the moment" celebrity whose body of work really hasn't lasted.

by Anonymousreply 92January 10, 2023 9:10 PM

[quote] I agree with her asking for equal pay.

Why should she have gotten equal pay? Should all actors and actresses get equal pay in every production regardless of their box office record?

by Anonymousreply 93January 10, 2023 9:16 PM

If only Selena had lived, none of this would ever have happened.

by Anonymousreply 94January 10, 2023 9:18 PM

JLO would have willed her way into fame one way or another

by Anonymousreply 95January 10, 2023 10:04 PM

I think so too, R95. She just had that hunger for fame. Personalities like that will find a way. There's a reason many famous people suffer from narcissism or histrionic personality disorders. Most people would get burned out and call the day after too much rejection.

by Anonymousreply 96January 10, 2023 10:06 PM

Same with Madinnay. That bitch was tailor made for becoming famous.

by Anonymousreply 97January 10, 2023 10:08 PM

Lol *Madonna^

by Anonymousreply 98January 10, 2023 10:09 PM

This is exactly what JLO said in the article, her sister could not deal with the rejection and gave up acting. Lopez claimed to have a thicker skin than her sister in that article.

by Anonymousreply 99January 10, 2023 10:10 PM

Happy to see a Jennifer Lopez thread! ❤️ Has anyone broached the subject of her rumored plastic surgery? Did she, or didn't she?

by Anonymousreply 100January 10, 2023 10:17 PM

Lol r100! We know she didn't need to do her ass. She was an original big ass influencer. Can't take that away from her.

by Anonymousreply 101January 10, 2023 11:53 PM

LOL R86

by Anonymousreply 102January 11, 2023 12:14 AM

I can't remember any of her songs, but I loved that movie "Enough"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 11, 2023 12:22 AM

[quote] JLo would have played her like the coarse strumpet from Brooklyn that she is.

JLo is from the Bronx not Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 104January 11, 2023 12:47 AM

[quote] Lopez was dismissive of Winona Ryder, claimed to not remember anything Winona Ryder appeared in. Ryder was not some bimbo who traded on her appearance for a career.

No Wino just shoplifted herself into irrelevance. She is only known these days as a supporting player in the 'Stranger Things' ensemble. Even GOOP abandoned her.

by Anonymousreply 105January 11, 2023 12:53 AM

The Brooklyn and Bronx accent are similar enough that I can get the confusion. Also Puerto Ricans are in every borough of NY.

by Anonymousreply 106January 11, 2023 12:54 AM

I don't see what she was getting at here:

[quote]Like, I was totally happy, totally confident with my work in Selena, but out of the 700 reviews–and I read every single one–I can quote the one who said, ‘The one thing you don’t do when you walk out of this movie is say, ‘Who’s that girl?’ I was like, ‘You lying bitch!’

?? That's bad? Wasn't the reviewer saying Lopez was memorable? And for that sin, J.Lo. goes on to recount, "When another person from that same magazine came up to me, the first thing I said to her was, ‘You tell that other bitch that writes for your magazine that I’m never talking with her again.’ I definitely have my list of people that are going to get their justice.”

She's still Jenny from the block, guys! :D Still keepin' it real.

by Anonymousreply 107January 11, 2023 1:09 AM

I think the reviewer was saying you don't think to yourself "who is that?" because she doesn't really leave a lasting impression and you don't care dnotht about her to wonder who she is.

But she still comes across egotistical and thin skinned and vindictive for it. Get over yourself, bitch! I can see why she's so despised in the industry

by Anonymousreply 108January 11, 2023 1:13 AM

Brooklyn, Bronx. Tomato, tomahto.

She’s still a strumpet.

by Anonymousreply 109January 11, 2023 1:23 AM

Allegedly she made "Jenny from the Block" just to prove she wasn't bougie and stuckup. But Bronx residents say otherwise. She's very hood to me and still has that combative and defensive mentality despite her wealth similar to Nicki Minaj. Many people come from humble beginnings and are grateful for the success to they have. I noticed those with actual talent and respect for the arts, are more down to earth while those who just slept their way to the top and relied on pretty privilege are entitled and egotistical.

by Anonymousreply 110January 11, 2023 1:25 AM

R108, thanks! That possibility finally occurred to me a few minutes after I posted; "Who was she? She was terrific!" is something no one would have said, according to the critic. How stupid of J.Lo to call her a liar. How is that a lie? :D

by Anonymousreply 111January 11, 2023 1:29 AM

What's weird is how much classier she dressed when she was younger. I know she was styled for the OP photo but still, even on her own she was glamorous but covered up.

That hair and dress and earrings look so beautiful and now she piles on the makeup like a tranny and wears cutout dresses in flashy colors that don't suit her.

by Anonymousreply 112January 11, 2023 1:44 AM

[quote] Allegedly she made "Jenny from the Block" just to prove she wasn't bougie and stuckup.

R110 So, she wanted to prove she wasn't bougie and stuck-up by having the chorus lyrics, "Don't be fooled by the rocks (diamonds / jewels) that I got," is that it? The song lyrics get worse: "Used to have a little now I have a lot," "I stay grounded as the amounts roll in," you get the idea. The entire song is a fucking humblebrag.

by Anonymousreply 113January 11, 2023 1:46 AM

While she slithered around naked under a fur coat. Let's not forget that.

by Anonymousreply 114January 11, 2023 1:47 AM

Late 1990s styling got a lot of things correct

by Anonymousreply 115January 11, 2023 2:04 AM

I stayed pounded as the cocks push in

by Anonymousreply 116January 11, 2023 2:21 AM

The key to success…

Get fucked 6 ways to Sunday by the right people

by Anonymousreply 117January 11, 2023 2:22 AM

Key to happiness... Get fucked 6 ways to Sunday by the right looking people.

by Anonymousreply 118January 11, 2023 3:21 AM

R93 No but Clooney had connections yet she was the one to get the praise for Out of Sight. This woman said she worked hard and I have no doubt about it.

by Anonymousreply 119January 11, 2023 3:36 AM

[quote] Key to happiness... Get fucked 6 ways to Sunday by the right looking people.

R118 Respectfully, a minor clarification. Key to happiness...Get fucked 6 ways to Sunday, then 6 ways *on* Sunday, by the right looking people.

by Anonymousreply 120January 11, 2023 3:36 AM

JLo is very pretty but she’s always seemed dull even with all of her trashy antics. I don’t get how she’s captivated the public

by Anonymousreply 121January 11, 2023 3:38 AM

Same here, r121. She's always been so completely ordinary to me. Her songs are generic pop stuff and her movies are forgettable garbage. She has a harsh and unpleasant personality. I just don't understand her stardom at all.

by Anonymousreply 122January 11, 2023 3:43 AM

I don't find her public personality harsh or unpleasant, just dull, as said above. She's a snooze in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 123January 11, 2023 3:47 AM

R105, your timeline is off. Lopez made these comments in 1998. Ryder was on a career high in that time.

by Anonymousreply 124January 11, 2023 5:28 AM

No goop fan but she makes jello look like cheap trash in the photo with Diddy, donatella, Spielberg and capshaw.

Isn't Diddy bi?

by Anonymousreply 125January 11, 2023 11:30 AM

she has a reputation as a cheap whore

by Anonymousreply 126January 11, 2023 11:33 AM

I’m kind of shocked she had a career after that article. Any other actress and that would have been the end. Hollywood has a long memory though. She’ll never be seriously considered for awards because of this.

by Anonymousreply 127January 11, 2023 11:39 AM

JLo does have an ugly nose when she's not wearing makeup, but I don't think it's the same nose she had in 1998.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 11, 2023 11:46 AM

r128 is her a couple of years ago in a makeup video, and this is her in 1998

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 11, 2023 11:46 AM

She had a shitload of face and body surgerys....not very good ones. she is not beloved in the community.

by Anonymousreply 130January 11, 2023 12:02 PM

Her on/off again makeup artist, Scott Barnes (was off for selling gossip about her, then they made up years later), is legend for contouring the fuck out of people's faces. I believe that is her OG nose. I've been told she has thread lifts and does HGH.

I've also worked with a pre-teen who was in a dance group that won World of Dance (where she was a judge/producer) who told me that she did not like Miss JLo at all- super phoney "caring and crying" for the camera, while never really acknowledging the contestants.

by Anonymousreply 131January 11, 2023 1:34 PM

I remember when she scored her first hit and MTV did a special that followed her around for a day to capture the "real J-Lo." I think the objective was to show that she was just a hard-working, down-to-earth, humble girl from the Bronx, and even though she played to the cameras as much as possible, there were more than a few moments where she was dealing with her staff, and it was impossible to hide that she was a straight up diva bitch.

I never liked her after I saw that show.

by Anonymousreply 132January 11, 2023 1:44 PM

OP how many times will you make this same thread?

by Anonymousreply 133January 11, 2023 1:45 PM

Carrie Ann Inaba was a fly girl with her on In Living Color and has nothing nice to say about her.

by Anonymousreply 134January 11, 2023 1:46 PM

[quote] I've also worked with a pre-teen who was in a dance group that won World of Dance (where she was a judge/producer) who told me that she did not like Miss JLo at all- super phoney "caring and crying" for the camera, while never really acknowledging the contestants.

Children tend to tell it like it is.

by Anonymousreply 135January 11, 2023 1:50 PM

jlo is a pig at heart.

by Anonymousreply 136January 11, 2023 2:16 PM

OP here, R133 -

This is the only J Lo thread I've posted, but you are MORE than welcome to avoid them all.

by Anonymousreply 137January 11, 2023 2:56 PM

diddy said bitch would not clean her skunt well enuf, tho i bet he likes em juicy dirty.

by Anonymousreply 138January 11, 2023 3:06 PM

I don’t care how many threads they make about this useless creature, so as long as they trash her.

She totally deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 139January 11, 2023 3:24 PM

My favorite J-Lo moment was an Entertainment Tonight segment that followed her and Matthew McConaughey to the Golden Globes the year "The Wedding Planner" was released.

They were riding in a limo together and one of J-Lo's songs came on the radio and she started singing along to it. She sounded awful, and Matthew kind of looked at her like, "What the fuck?" and she shut right up.

by Anonymousreply 140January 11, 2023 3:29 PM

WHO DO YOU BITCHES LIKE?!!!!!

Every diva is offered up to be dragged here: Madge, Bey, Janet, Britney, GaGa, Xtina, Adele, RiRi and now JLo. Datalounge must represent a tiny subset of the queer population (i.e. old, white, etc.) if you don't love these girls, who all have conspicuous and vocal queer support in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 141January 11, 2023 5:11 PM

but jlo takes the cake. such a talentless ho. i mean.....really.

by Anonymousreply 142January 11, 2023 5:22 PM

She only really had a limited peak between maybe 1997 and 2003 (at best) where she had some hit movies and albums. In the last 20 years she's had 2 hit songs and 1 well received movie (Hustlers). All her albums after 2003 flopped. All her other movies are 50 or lower on RT.

She's amazing at prolonging a career that for others would have been dead in the water after Bennifer

by Anonymousreply 143January 11, 2023 6:35 PM

I loved this interview and secretly agreed with Lopez' s opinion of her peers.

After reading the article I was later amazed Lopez achieved the amount of success she had, specifically with her music. I thought she was aiming too high with the actress/singer/dancer ambition.

But she learned from her time touring with Janet Jackson that singing talent and even dancing talent can be irrelevant for certain performers.

by Anonymousreply 144January 11, 2023 7:39 PM

She and Madonna are very alike- poor singers, okay dancers, moderate acting skills, DRIVEN to succeed, very charismatic.

by Anonymousreply 145January 11, 2023 8:22 PM

Madonna has a slightly better voice than JLo’s. Not as thin and off key.

by Anonymousreply 146January 11, 2023 8:25 PM

JLo is not charismatic R145

by Anonymousreply 147January 11, 2023 8:26 PM

Lopez starred in a little sitcom prior to achieving megastardom. It seems as if she came from nowhere but she had been working for almost a decade at the time of this interview.

Her first husband is casually mentioned in the Movieline Interview, he was a waiter who wisely proposed to Lopez during the wrap party for Selena! 😂

if you're gonna grift, learn from your betters and make sure you get something out of it other than a Louis Vuitton handbag.

by Anonymousreply 148January 11, 2023 8:34 PM

Actresses these days don't get drastic nose jobs like Sissy Spacek or Jennifer Grey had.

An aspiring actress (not famous yet) might, indeed, get a drastic nose job. However, once fame hits, then the plastic surgery will be more subtle and in stages.

by Anonymousreply 149January 11, 2023 8:51 PM

R141 Maybe some of us like to support gay people and not worship straight women? Also straight people criticized all these women for being overrated, divas and lacking talent.

by Anonymousreply 150January 11, 2023 8:57 PM

You know, I admire women with self confidence who tell it like it is. We gays are supposed to support these women! And I thought she was terrific in Out of Sight and even better in Hustlers. (I agree she doesn't have much of a voice, but I like how she's made the most of what she's got through sheer will and chutzpah.)

by Anonymousreply 151January 11, 2023 9:10 PM

I don't watch Matthew McConaughey's films (although I loved his TV detective series) but he seems like a good guy. Would love to know what he really thinks of jello.

I feel sorry for her ex-husband who after the divorce had to go back to working in his family's takeaway joint, called Egg Rolls R Us or something. Obviously he didn't score well in the financial settlement.

What's the story with Skeletor abusing her? Any convincing stories?

by Anonymousreply 152January 11, 2023 10:40 PM

I don't advocate violence against women. But if he did hit her, was it out of frustration with her? She seems like the type who'd push a man's buttons and say something really offensive. I understand that Marc Anthony has serious issues though.

by Anonymousreply 153January 11, 2023 10:56 PM

[quote]She and Madonna are very alike- poor singers, okay dancers, moderate acting skills, DRIVEN to succeed, very charismatic.

Madonna has had many songs that were fucking bangers. JLo's stuff was generic pop.

by Anonymousreply 154January 12, 2023 1:54 AM

R131 right. Jlo has never had a nose job. She had a brilliant makeup artist. These elder gay klan grannies, who sometimes think their women, resent the fact that women of color and African descent age so perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 155January 12, 2023 2:05 AM

my plastic surgeon friend feels she has had at least 3 nosejobs. look at the pix, obvious... she is rather plain looking actually, but ben likes her hairy moist kooter.

by Anonymousreply 156January 12, 2023 2:23 AM

I’ve never met anyone who actually listens to Jlos music so I don’t know how she got rich. Guys thought she was hot for awhile and lots of women think she’s glamorous and beautiful but they don’t buy her music. Have her movies really been that successful?

by Anonymousreply 157January 12, 2023 2:35 AM

Her early albums sold very well. How she maintained stardom past 2007 or so, I have no clue.

by Anonymousreply 158January 12, 2023 3:54 AM

ben pimps her out. tho her puss lips are pretty dang tore up....

by Anonymousreply 159January 12, 2023 4:09 AM

R140 I wonder if she arranged for her song to be played just then?

by Anonymousreply 160January 12, 2023 8:43 AM

She likes TACOS and BURRITOS!!

by Anonymousreply 161January 12, 2023 5:10 PM

JLo's Super Bowl Half-Time performance with Shakira was jaw-dropping and I mean that in a good way.

There's mere shaking your ass and then there's SHAKING YOUR ASS.

She looked gorgeous.

You know you did something right when straight women everywhere complained about her barely-there costumes and See my hoochie? dance moves, but that's only because their men were drooling over her appearance.

Hardest working woman in show business.

by Anonymousreply 162January 12, 2023 11:51 PM

That's an easy way to dismiss valid complaints about this chick (ur jus' jelly of her beauty!). And besides, I know plenty of men for whom JLo and her hefty body and wide features do nothing for. To each his own.

As my straight friend responded when I once brought up her body, "I don't like big butts...I like perfectly shaped butts".

by Anonymousreply 163January 13, 2023 12:00 AM

Is she still singing that decades old remake of “Waiting For Tonight” like it’s new and fresh?

by Anonymousreply 164January 13, 2023 12:05 AM

Hardest working WHORE in showbiz.

by Anonymousreply 165January 13, 2023 2:45 AM

If I never hear another JLO tune, I will be satisfied. Soulless and boring. Irritating too.

by Anonymousreply 166January 13, 2023 9:14 AM

NEWSFLASH - World Famous Show Biz Sexy Diva, of modest talents, is a diva bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167January 13, 2023 9:59 AM

If I never hear another JLO tune, I don't think I'd even notice. Her music is entirely forgettable and you never hear her songs played now anyway.

by Anonymousreply 168January 13, 2023 11:33 AM

I've always thought her ass was abnormally huge and gross to look at. It has no shape; it's just fat.

by Anonymousreply 169January 13, 2023 1:04 PM

most of her cunty ass is silicone, the good stuff from back when.....that lasts !

by Anonymousreply 170January 13, 2023 1:12 PM

I remember watching the Selena movie, and that was back before J-Lo was a major star. There was a scene where she was gardening or something and wearing black tights, and she stood up and turned around, and Jesus, I thought that was the fattest, ugliest ass I'd ever seen and I couldn't believe they actually would want that shit on film.

by Anonymousreply 171January 13, 2023 1:16 PM

R169 truth.

OTOT, she’s got short, stumpy legs that make her look out of proportion. She’s in great shape, but she does NOT have a good body. Hand it to her for taking her flaw and making it an asset.

by Anonymousreply 172January 13, 2023 1:33 PM

If JLo cared about her acting she'd produce some quality little scripts that showed off what she believed is her great as-yet-unshowcased talent. Same with any super-rich actor with enough of a profile to have their completed project picked up for wider distribution.

I admire Witherspoon and Kidman for sort of leading the way on that this last decade.

by Anonymousreply 173January 13, 2023 2:28 PM

R171 but you don't actually like pussy and ass so you might not get it. If you are a straight male, I know a few post here, then yes I am a jackass. Or are you a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 174January 13, 2023 2:31 PM

R174 = JLo

by Anonymousreply 175January 13, 2023 2:35 PM

R175, Nah, and I didn't mean to come across as particularly bitchy either.

by Anonymousreply 176January 13, 2023 2:36 PM

The straight men who are into her are almost always trashy black guys or hideous Latinos. Everyone else is mystified by her so called beauty.

by Anonymousreply 177January 13, 2023 4:26 PM

R177, that is not true at all. At all. Jlo is one of the women straight guys of all backgrounds seem to think is hot as fuck, especially for a milf. And I have plenty of white friends.

by Anonymousreply 178January 13, 2023 4:36 PM

A low, slung flat ass is considered to be a grotesque deformity by the blacks and Latinos.

by Anonymousreply 179January 13, 2023 8:24 PM

Straight Female Jealous of JLO Raise Your Hand Here Thread

by Anonymousreply 180January 14, 2023 5:57 PM

It is r179. But Jennifer’s oversized butt on top of those stumpy short legs don’t do her any favors.

by Anonymousreply 181January 14, 2023 9:37 PM

[quote] The straight men who are into her are almost always trashy black guys or hideous Latinos. Everyone else is mystified by her so called beauty.

Complete and utter bullshit. This is the problem with people raised to be casual racist … they don’t even know how out of touch they are. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 182January 14, 2023 10:04 PM

For someone who doesn't have big boobs, she sure makes the most of them. That cream dress with the pearl feature she wore on one of her first big events after getting back with Ben was a good choice.

by Anonymousreply 183January 14, 2023 10:13 PM

If she wanted larger tits, she'd get them (implants). Not everybody wants melon-sized tits.

by Anonymousreply 184January 14, 2023 10:16 PM

Gigli is hilarious(ly bad), very fun watch

by Anonymousreply 185January 14, 2023 10:16 PM

Every time I see this thread my mind automatically converts "beefs" into "beef curtains". I'm DL-trained.

by Anonymousreply 186January 14, 2023 10:40 PM

Gigli destroyed the career of the director. I have never seen, didnt have an interest then and I don't now.

by Anonymousreply 187January 14, 2023 10:53 PM

I hope she gets mugged.

by Anonymousreply 188January 14, 2023 11:11 PM

r284, I think she got some small ones after the kids.

by Anonymousreply 189January 14, 2023 11:55 PM

she smells like grannys diapers we are told.....and her private parts drip.

by Anonymousreply 190January 15, 2023 2:05 PM

[quote] It is [R179]. But Jennifer’s oversized butt on top of those stumpy short legs don’t do her any favors.

Her entire career is founded on that "oversized butt." She was an object of lust for straight guys and it made her a star. Women have always resented her. Back in the day her sex appeal even raised the hackles of legendary beauty Cindy Crawford. I can't find a link to the JLo v. Cindy beef but basically it was like the Sophia Loren/Jayne Mansfield moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191January 15, 2023 2:38 PM

Don't know if she got implants but definitely had they hoisted. In the 90s they were noticeably saggy when she went braless (my female school friends pointed this out at the time, I wouldn't have noticed). These last few years she's had them launched out of most of her dresses with no bra in sight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192January 15, 2023 4:10 PM

R191, proof that talent is not always an assurance of success. Because she really doesn’t have any.

by Anonymousreply 193January 15, 2023 5:16 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194January 17, 2023 10:24 AM

Her ears really stick out in the video where she has her hair pulled back. Not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 195January 17, 2023 10:39 AM

Here's a tutorial she did with Vogue on her makeup application, I think her nose is still original, she just contours the crap out of it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196January 18, 2023 4:34 PM

So useless. But to have made it this far with such limited abilities. It boggles the mind.

by Anonymousreply 197January 18, 2023 4:49 PM

Was Lopez having a mental episode of some sort when she did this interview? It's giving straight-up paranoid delusion. That, or she was high on something.

by Anonymousreply 198March 10, 2023 9:51 AM

That's what's so mental about this interview. When you read it, just remember that this was before she was 'J Lo', before the Versace dress at the Grammys. 'Selena' had just been released and she had gotten decent reviews. She gets the cover of this magazine and she decides to compare and contrast her 'competition'. Where was her management team? I'm guessing she didn't have one. If she did, they clearly sucked.

by Anonymousreply 199March 10, 2023 1:18 PM

R199 she had a manager but probably wasn't PR savvy enough then to get final approval before allowing articles to be published. She truly didn't seem mentally well here. I strongly suspect she's got some mental health issues going on that she manages to cover up well most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 200March 10, 2023 1:47 PM

Someone please stomp this bitch to death.

by Anonymousreply 201March 10, 2023 2:16 PM

Her narcissist personally comes through this interview, before all the pr curated image she has now. I understand her ambition, but here it reeks insecurity and self grandiosity” Im better than everybody” energy, the funny thing is that she thought she was a better actress than all the persons she mentions, but her acting career that came after demonstrated the opposite. She is kinda untalented when it comes to acting, very basic and forced.

by Anonymousreply 202March 10, 2023 2:20 PM

r201 get a fucking grip, psycho. Hollywood is full of actual predators and criminals and you have this much hatred for a woman who is basically just a bit annoying? Perhaps you should focus your energy on the rapists and murderers and not a woman who said a few arrogant things in 1998.

by Anonymousreply 203March 10, 2023 2:21 PM

R203 Thanks for stopping by, J-Lo's mom!

by Anonymousreply 204March 10, 2023 2:22 PM

R202 She's kinda untalented when it comes to a lot of things, particularly her "singing.

by Anonymousreply 205March 10, 2023 2:23 PM

R205 Fuck you! No one's more talented at sucking cock than I am!

by Anonymousreply 206March 10, 2023 2:23 PM

R202 I actually think this interview is giving more bipolar than narcissism. She seems full-on manic in parts. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that the "nervous breakdown" she suffered a few years back was actually some kind of mental episode.

by Anonymousreply 207March 10, 2023 2:24 PM

She is gorgeous (beautiful skin!) and has drive, I will give her that.

by Anonymousreply 208March 10, 2023 2:32 PM

Did she actually sleep with a bunch of men to launch her career or is that mostly malicious gossip?

by Anonymousreply 209March 10, 2023 2:33 PM

R209 I wouldn't say she "slept" with 'em.

by Anonymousreply 210March 10, 2023 2:35 PM

R210 so who did she suck off?

by Anonymousreply 211March 10, 2023 2:37 PM

R211 Anyone who get her a job. A job for a job.

by Anonymousreply 212March 10, 2023 2:39 PM

R212 so she was basically prostituting herself? Is this insider info?

by Anonymousreply 213March 10, 2023 2:42 PM

R213 It's pretty well known in Hollywood circles that J-Lo was willing to give favors to those who could further her career.

I recall Carrie Ann Inaba hinting about it in an interview once. Carrie Ann loathes J-Lo.

by Anonymousreply 214March 10, 2023 2:44 PM

I’m sorry r203, forgive me.

Someone should stomp YOU to death.

by Anonymousreply 215March 10, 2023 2:47 PM

R214 I think Carrie Ann hates her because she was allegedly fucking Keenan Ivory Wayans for preferential treatment on In Living Color. I read tea elsewhere that Jennifer was basically forced to prostitute herself (to an older man) as a teen to have somewhere to live, having left home because her mother was abusive. I guess once you go down that road, it doesn't seem like such a big deal to continue?

by Anonymousreply 216March 10, 2023 2:59 PM

I wished that I could have fucked Keenan Ivory Wayans. He and Shaun are the hottest of all the brothers.

by Anonymousreply 217March 10, 2023 3:21 PM

R217 Believe me, it was a lot of work, but is worth it.

by Anonymousreply 218March 10, 2023 3:23 PM

That interview made me a fan for sure! She is not wrong in her assessment of any of the actresses she mentioned. The fact that she had the reporter come while she was getting a poolside massage clearly sent the message to the reporter/audience that she was a staaah. Baller move.

by Anonymousreply 219March 10, 2023 3:37 PM

r219 she comes across as very intelligent in this interview. It's a shame she had to dumb herself down for mainstream fame.

by Anonymousreply 220March 11, 2023 2:24 PM

The drive it takes to be a Jennifer Lopez sounds exhausting. I just don’t have that. I don’t think I’d want to be as driven as she is, but I wouldn’t mind having a degree of it.

She got a little high on her own supply of ego during that interview, but she wasn’t wrong. Everything she said was true. Gwyneth was following her father’s advice during her early years doing small films not seen by most Americans. She really was most famous for dating Pitt. I doubt she would have failed without him, but that relationship catapulted her straight to the A-list. Winona was incredibly overrated yet had huge support from the industry and so on.

I loved Movieline magazine. It was so good. I remember when it folded; I was so surprised and bummed.

by Anonymousreply 221March 11, 2023 3:41 PM

If she were a great actress and singer, I wouldn't be so hard on her.

But she's fucking mediocre at both. And she hasn't really improved at either, has she?

by Anonymousreply 222March 11, 2023 3:57 PM

Legendary interview. I remember reading it at work (I worked at a bookstore) with my co workers and we were all agog.

by Anonymousreply 223March 11, 2023 4:47 PM

Intelligent? She comes across as a total bitch who lacks even an ounce of self-awareness

by Anonymousreply 224March 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Or an ounce of real talent. All this talk about hard work - what hard work has she done exactly?

by Anonymousreply 225March 12, 2023 10:09 PM

R225 Trying to keep Ben Affleck sober is hella hard work.

by Anonymousreply 226March 12, 2023 10:15 PM

r224 she does come across as intelligent. She has a lot of insight here and even her observations about other actresses are spot on. I think you'll find that a lot of intelligent, accomplished women aren't particularly "nice", and why should they have to be? Lopez was on track to become a lawyer, with excellent grades in high school and glowing reports from teachers. She's no dummy.

by Anonymousreply 227March 12, 2023 10:15 PM

She's really insecure and unhappy. Who would envy someone who's goodlooking, lucky and successful (despite her lack of talent) if it came with intense self-loathing and persistent feeling of inadequacy? I'd rather have Gwyneth Paltrow's average looks but intense confidence and sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 228March 12, 2023 10:25 PM

R227 Please point us to the "intelligent" parts of that interview. We'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 229March 12, 2023 10:30 PM

This is just too damn funny. Kudos to the old man!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230March 12, 2023 10:31 PM

R228 Jennifer had a really shitty childhood. I don't think she's spoken publicly about everything that went on, but from what I have heard (worked with someone who knew her well) really wasn't good. I think she's done pretty well for herself when it would have been easy to take the wrong path. Gwyneth was born into privilege, with all the self confidence and feeling of security that brings. It's actually quite sad to see how a bad childhood can fuck you up forever, despite all the money and all the therapy in the world.

by Anonymousreply 231March 12, 2023 10:33 PM

That clip of her at her old house surely had to be a skit or a set-up. Otherwise why would she let them air it?

by Anonymousreply 232March 13, 2023 8:54 AM

JLo is undoubtedly street-smart and insightful, even in this interview, but if she were truly intelligent, wouldn’t she have been able to predict the reaction to her words?

by Anonymousreply 233March 13, 2023 9:25 AM

r233 she comes off a bit mentally unwell in this interview. She was also rumored to have had drug issues in the 90s. There are reports of her smoking pot constantly in her trailer on some of her early films. Perhaps she was as high as a kite and lost all her filter here?

by Anonymousreply 234March 13, 2023 9:37 AM

ah the days before social media

it's SOOOOOOO boring these days in hollywood with celebs mostly afraid to sound off on other celebs they don't respect or don't think are talented, beautiful etc

if she had given that interview now (or anyone now) there would be millions of think pieces and calls for canceling the person

we know hollywood has lots of egos. Now they have to pretend to support each other and it's so damn phony

is JLo an insufferable bitch? absolutely but I don't mind her taking shots at other celebs, some of whom are also likely insufferable bitches

by Anonymousreply 235March 13, 2023 9:46 AM

I don't even think Jlo is that insufferable. I find Gwyneth way worse, with all her vagina steaming and Goop bullshit and her pretentious entitled attitude. Jlo seems like she could be fun when in a good mood.

by Anonymousreply 236March 13, 2023 2:04 PM

^^^They're both awful.

by Anonymousreply 237March 13, 2023 2:52 PM

I'd prefer to hang with JLo over Gwyneth Paltrow any day.

by Anonymousreply 238March 13, 2023 3:07 PM

No one in the industry/behind the scenes has anything good to say about this broad.

by Anonymousreply 239March 13, 2023 3:52 PM

r239 what do they say?

by Anonymousreply 240March 13, 2023 5:34 PM

She is a cunt but Hollywood desperately needs an interview like this at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 241March 13, 2023 5:38 PM

Salma Hayek is a shit actress. As bad as J-Lo is, she runs miles round Hayek.

by Anonymousreply 242March 13, 2023 6:09 PM

I wish people were still honest like this. Now you get canceled for everything and interviews are bland and vapid.

by Anonymousreply 243March 13, 2023 7:22 PM

Her lack of talent and huge ego is really what bothers me. Yes, a lot of people in Hollywood are Cluster-B psychos with narcissism but many times they can back it up with talent. At least as horrible as J-Ho is, she hasn't OD'ed or gotten arrested. Though she got close with her affiliations with Diddy. At the end of the day, she is still kind of a loser. Despite her beauty and massive wealth and fame, she is still a mediocre actress, her music career is a joke, she is actually not at all beloved by the Latino community and in Latin America, she is a nobody (her associations with Marc Anthony is what got her popular in the Latin scene, not her R&B/hip-hop stuff like On The Six). She with a drunken trashy deadbeat dad Ben Affleck who looks like he's on a death wish and is probably cheating on her with hookers. Her daughter has more singing talent than she does.

by Anonymousreply 244March 13, 2023 8:36 PM

R244 J-Lo did get arrested with Diddy, for possession of a stolen gun following a nightclub shooting. I'm not sure I'd describe a successful businesswoman reportedly worth over 400 million dollars as a loser, though. There are way worse people than her around, with much less talent. I find J-Lo irritating but largely harmless. She hasn't assaulted, raped or killed anyone, which puts her ahead of a lot of Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 245March 13, 2023 8:43 PM

She shakes her ass and spreads her legs on stage like a prostitution stripper whore with her daughter watching on from the audience. How completely humiliating and utterly low class.

by Anonymousreply 246March 14, 2023 5:21 PM

R240

Nothing that hasn't already been published: Basically that she's a cunt to PAs, gets them fired if they look her in the eye, is a notoriously bad tipper... just an all around nightmare of a person.

by Anonymousreply 247March 14, 2023 7:23 PM

Please stop launching beefs. I just cleaned.

by Anonymousreply 248March 14, 2023 8:59 PM

R246 I think I read here that she might have been an *actual* prostitute before she got famous. I can't find the thread now, but her mother kicked her out of the house at 17 or 18 with nowhere to go. Details of what she did at that point are rather thin on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 249March 14, 2023 9:24 PM

R246 Mary! Take a sip of gin fizz and put your head between your knees before your blood pressure starts acting up.

by Anonymousreply 250March 14, 2023 10:05 PM

I wouldn't doubt if she prostituted for a couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 251March 15, 2023 9:21 AM

I read on another site that she actually admitted to "dating" an older man to have somewhere to live after her mother kicked her out. Not sure if that counts as prostitution, but it's not far off. It's not surprising she doesn't like to talk about that period of her life, tbh. Sounds like her childhood and teenage years were very rough.

by Anonymousreply 252March 15, 2023 9:59 AM

[quote]Mary! Take a sip of gin fizz and put your head between your knees before your blood pressure starts acting up.

Honey I wish I could put my head between my knees. But seriously...what child (especially female) wants to see their 50yo mother like this? I cringe. J-Lo a ho!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253March 15, 2023 11:52 AM

Her mother isn’t talking.

Is it possible that she paid Madre to keep her mouth shut?

by Anonymousreply 254March 15, 2023 12:07 PM

R253 Give a girl a timestamp, will you? No way can I wade through an hour and a half of that.

by Anonymousreply 255March 15, 2023 12:07 PM

R254 That Madre's got some dark energy. She apparently used to beat JLo & Co as children and kicked Jennifer out on her ass when she was still practically a child herself. I get the sense that she feels an obligation to care for her ma in her old age but secretly hates the old witch.

by Anonymousreply 256March 15, 2023 12:11 PM

R256, if she beat her children, that could explain why JLo is the way she is.

by Anonymousreply 257March 15, 2023 12:15 PM

[quote]Give a girl a timestamp, will you? No way can I wade through an hour and a half of that.

Ugh wtf... I'd posted a link with a timestamp but evidently DL removes the timestamp. Nice to know! Anyway: 43:24 is when the "singer" turns into a stripper.

by Anonymousreply 258March 15, 2023 12:20 PM

R257 Jennifer recently confirmed that her mother beat the shit out of her and her sisters. Didn't come as a surprise - Jennifer's behaviors and actions have always been indicative or someone who was abused as a child. She's been in therapy for many, many years. What I'm surprised about is that she still talks to her mother.

by Anonymousreply 259March 15, 2023 12:25 PM

Thanks, R258. Eh, at least she's got her minge good and covered in that flesh-toned scuba suit. Frankly I'd rather watch her try to strip than try to sing (as long as she keeps her bits wrangled).

That audio, however, is giving me eczema. Sounds like it was recorded on one of those 'record your greeting' birthday cards.

by Anonymousreply 260March 15, 2023 12:30 PM

When did DL get so prudish? That cabaret type act is relatively tame compared to what most stars today are doing. It's more camp than trashy to me.

by Anonymousreply 261March 15, 2023 4:32 PM

It's fine if you're a stripper. She claims to be a singer and an actress.

by Anonymousreply 262March 15, 2023 4:52 PM

^To be fair, her first and most enduring claim to fame has been as a dancer.

by Anonymousreply 263March 15, 2023 4:56 PM

I wonder if she ever did work as a stripper. She was a go-go dancer in the late 80s, dancing in sketchy Manhattan clubs.

by Anonymousreply 264March 15, 2023 5:57 PM

Wouldn't she have known her way around a pole if she'd been a stripper previously? From what I understand, she had to work her ass off to learn/master the moves requisite for Hustlers. Of course, I have no idea if pole dancing is something that stays with someone like bike-riding, or if it's one of those "use it or lose it" skills.

by Anonymousreply 265March 15, 2023 6:45 PM

r265 I saw some footage of her learning to pole dance for Hustlers, and she picked it up extremely fast. She was able to do quite a lot after just one training session. That said, I think she mentioned being a competitive gymnast for a while as a kid/teen, which would definitely help in terms of muscle memory and skills. She's very fit and in fantastic shape.

by Anonymousreply 266March 15, 2023 6:53 PM

But it has nothing to do with acting and singing talent, of which she has none.

by Anonymousreply 267March 16, 2023 4:04 PM

I loathe this no talent heaux.

by Anonymousreply 268March 16, 2023 4:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!