Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Richard Barnett, redneck asswipe who put his feet on Nancy Pelosi's desk on Jan. riot, goes on trial today.

Richard Barnett federal trial begins for Jan. 6 riot

NORTHWEST ARKANSAS (KNWA/FOX24) — On Monday, January 9, the federal trial will begin in Washington D.C. for the Gravette man accused of participating in the January 6, 2021 capitol insurrection.

Richard Barnett went viral during the riot as photographs of him inside Nancy Pelosi’s office circulated on social media.

His trial date has been postponed multiple times, but Judge Christopher Cooper denied the defense’s most recent request to delay the trial until March.

Now the defense is asking the court to drop the most recent charge filed against Barnett, which came down from the prosecution on December 22.

The insurrection is one of those moments in history where many will look back and remember exactly where they were as they watched it unfold. University of Arkansas Political Science Professor Andrew Dowdle said Barnett made the insurrection hit home for people in Northwest Arkansas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 29, 2023 3:23 PM

Now we gonna hit him back.

by Anonymousreply 1January 9, 2023 8:45 PM

I hate him. I really, really hate him.

I keep thinking of Pelosi’s staffers, hiding underneath the table, utterly terrified for their lives. And this is just a big joke to this asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2023 6:31 PM

Throw the book at this motherfucker

by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2023 6:32 PM

The whole J6 mob was stereotypical white trash. Who knew America’s trailer parks and country clubs were so full of people who want to destroy democracy? These clowns think they’ll be better off under a dictatorship propping up the super rich, who have allegiance to no country and only wish to exploit the likes of them. How do they not understand that this is not a good road to do down?

by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2023 7:19 PM

I read yesterday that he stated under oath that he was a "big fan of the Constitution" so the prosecution quizzed him on it -and he failed the knowledge test.

Reminds me of Trump saying how much he loved the Bible, but couldn't actually tell anyone anything it said.

by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2023 7:34 PM

When they’re done with this guy, let’s get to the “movers and shakers” who had a hand in this: lardass, Giuliani, Congress people who were texting the whereabouts of the Speaker, those who gave tours, those who encouraged the crowd to “take names and kick ass,” and the list goes on.

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2023 7:35 PM

Will he be raped in prison?

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2023 7:38 PM

Cunt city, check it and see, he super guilty by percent one hundred and three

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2023 7:54 PM

I hope Nancy Pelosi finds the time to attend this idiot's trial, every. single. day. And that she sits where he can see her... do not cross her, she's as tough in a cage match as Liz Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2023 8:48 PM

Admit it Richard, she’s the only reason you were there that day, you had a massive boner the whole time and were bitterly disappointed you never found her. You jerk yourself to sleep every night thinking about her.

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2023 8:52 PM

You people are terrible. The poor man got swept into the building when the crowd surged and was just walking around trying to find a place to sit. When he got to that horrible Pelosi woman's office, the mean reporters asked him to put his feet on the desk so they dould take a picture. He didn't know! Really! He's a victim too!

by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2023 9:26 PM

[quote] I keep thinking of Pelosi’s staffers, hiding underneath the table…

How many?

by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2023 9:27 PM

R10 Is he a gerontophiliac?

by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2023 9:30 PM

We don’t know what religion he is.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2023 9:32 PM

He needs to be locked up for years

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2023 9:51 PM

He must be the worst, must'nt he?

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2023 10:11 PM

Like many others facing years of imprisonment he is now finding some version of remorse to what he and others did on January 6th. If he weren't caught and prosecuted he'd be bragging about his actions instead.

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2023 10:22 PM

[quote] he'd be bragging about his actions

R17 How do you know that?

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2023 10:35 PM

R18, I’m not r17, but most of these people DID brag on social media what they did. It’s how a lot of them were caught.

by Anonymousreply 19January 22, 2023 5:48 PM

R7, even rapists wouldn't go near that freak

by Anonymousreply 20January 22, 2023 6:08 PM

Because they’re stupid delusional cunts.

by Anonymousreply 21January 22, 2023 6:44 PM

So the event took place over 2 years ago and we're now just putting this dude in front of a jury?

You Americans are so frickin slow and inefficient. It takes forever to get something done and 100 people have to be involved. That's the crime.

by Anonymousreply 22January 22, 2023 7:04 PM

Too ugly to rape in prison

by Anonymousreply 23January 22, 2023 7:21 PM

I’m guessing Nancy looks better naked than Richard.

by Anonymousreply 24January 22, 2023 7:22 PM

Lock this bitch up for at least 5 yrs. This country is over the constant barrage of bullshit that spews out of the hypocritical terrorist party known as the GOP. They would run over democracy again if we let them. Normal, regular people are beyond sick and tired of these MAGA redneck pieces of shit trying to interfere with their lives.

He'll surely be convicted and it's a felony conviction so that means no more guns when he gets out of prison. These cunts would die without their guns, nothing is more important to them.

by Anonymousreply 25January 22, 2023 7:23 PM

He is a total fucking nut, he needs to be locked up. Ticking time bomb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 22, 2023 7:52 PM

I cannot wish enough ill on this man.

by Anonymousreply 27January 22, 2023 9:03 PM

Guilty on all 8 counts.

Have fun in prison, BITCH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 23, 2023 7:28 PM

The list of this guy’s excuses are laughable.

I was there to sightsee and got pushed in.

I was looking for the restroom and admiring the art.

The stun gun I had I didn’t think worked because it had been in the shower.

His lawyer needs to turn in his bar card if this is the best defense he could come up with.

by Anonymousreply 29January 23, 2023 7:33 PM

People like this guy and those sovereign citizen idiots don't have a fucking clue what they are talking about.

I love this video clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 23, 2023 7:50 PM

[quote]After the verdict, Barnett’s lawyer Joseph McBride told reporters outside the courthouse that his client had not received a fair trial, saying that Washington, DC, is “not a state” and made up primarily of “Biden voters.”

I don't think old Bigo had a Clarence Darrow level lawyer here.

by Anonymousreply 31January 23, 2023 8:16 PM

r30 those sovereign citizen videos are a riot.

by Anonymousreply 32January 23, 2023 8:16 PM

I haven't read his story. Did he do any physical damage or attack anyone inside the building, or just have his mug photographed with his hoof on Pelosi's desk? If that's all he did I can't see them putting him in prison.

by Anonymousreply 33January 23, 2023 8:20 PM

Well r33 there's that whole thing about breaking and entering into the US Capitol building. That's kind of a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 34January 23, 2023 8:23 PM

r33 thinks people take him seriously and don't roll their eyes and snicker when he walks by.

Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 35January 23, 2023 8:36 PM

Yeah, but did he do any of the breaking, or did he just enter after the doors had been broken open? There are others who went into the building who didn't get prison sentences at trial.

by Anonymousreply 36January 23, 2023 8:37 PM

Shut it R35, you insignificant twat.

by Anonymousreply 37January 23, 2023 8:37 PM

Didn’t he steal her mail? That alone is a federal offense.

by Anonymousreply 38January 23, 2023 8:42 PM

From the Washington Post, for R33: "In addition to obstructing an official proceeding, Barnett was convicted of two felonies related to carrying a dangerous weapon during the attack on the Capitol and a felony charge of civil disorder. The four misdemeanors he was convicted of included theft of government property, meaning the empty envelope."

by Anonymousreply 39January 23, 2023 8:49 PM

He had a very large stun gun on his hip. Try walking into a Federal building with that and see what happens to you.

Here are the complete list of charges:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 23, 2023 8:50 PM

Stick a white hot javelin up your skank, nasty prolapsed, gaping asshole, R37. I'm sure it will slide right in.

by Anonymousreply 41January 23, 2023 8:51 PM

I wonder if he’s still laughing and bragging.

I know we are.

by Anonymousreply 42January 23, 2023 8:53 PM

From r40’s link, I hadn’t realized (or, more appropriately didn’t remember) they arrested him on 1/8, a mere two days after.

That’s good work.

by Anonymousreply 43January 23, 2023 8:54 PM

Also, the jury found him guilty on all eight counts in less than two hours. There's no point in questioning whether the system was fair to him. It was an open-and-shut case.

by Anonymousreply 44January 23, 2023 8:56 PM

Notice I never said he didn't deserve imprisonment, I just said if all he did was go in the building and get his photo taken they probably wouldn't lock him up. But based on R40's list of charges it looks like he was far more involved and will likely go to prison.

Now, R41, DL is not a place for middle school children. Go do your homework son.

by Anonymousreply 45January 23, 2023 8:58 PM

DeFucktardo alert @R33/R37/R45.

by Anonymousreply 46January 23, 2023 9:06 PM

R46 that homework still isn't getting done lad.

by Anonymousreply 47January 23, 2023 9:09 PM

That sovereign citizen video at r30 is hilarious.

"THIS IS RAAAAAPE!"

"DON'T TOUCH MY BAAAAAGS!"

SCREEEEEEECH

by Anonymousreply 48January 23, 2023 9:12 PM

More sovereign citizen police bodycam vids. This country is a fucking insane asylum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 23, 2023 9:18 PM

That woman in the Office Depot was also in a Wells Fargo bank in Galveston.

by Anonymousreply 50January 23, 2023 9:22 PM

R48 that bitch has a voice like nails on a chalkboard too.

by Anonymousreply 51January 23, 2023 9:23 PM

It's Kevin McCarthy's desk now.......who's the biatch today?

by Anonymousreply 52January 23, 2023 9:51 PM

R52, um, McCarthy is the biatch now... to Marjorie Taylor-Green, Matt Gaitz, the list goes on and on. Kevin's going to be bent over Nancy's desk, getting every. single. day.

by Anonymousreply 53January 23, 2023 10:45 PM

R33 sucks.

by Anonymousreply 54January 23, 2023 11:32 PM

He was great in Deliverance.

by Anonymousreply 55January 29, 2023 3:20 PM

You are, R52, and every day.

by Anonymousreply 56January 29, 2023 3:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!