Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New inspirational M&Ms issue honors feminism and fat women

M&M’s creator Mars will release "all-female" M&M’s candy packages for a limited time to honor women who are "flipping the status quo."

The company announced the feminist-forward candy wrappers Thursday, saying it will exclusively display M&M’s female characters: the green, brown and most recently introduced purple M&M.

In addition to featuring the three female M&M’s on the wrappers, each package in this limited run will only include the corresponding green, brown and purple candy-coated chocolates.

The packages will feature the female M&M’s flipped upside-down to represent how women "are flipping how they define success," according to PR Newswire.

The female M&M’s flipped upside-down represent how women "are flipping how they define success," M&M said. (Credit: Provided / M&M)

This move is the latest in a series of marketing moves M&M’s has made to promote inclusivity. Its previous announcement involved the introduction of the 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘔&𝘔 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧-𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦.

“Designed to represent acceptance and inclusivity, our newest member is known for her earnest self-expression,” the brand said in a statement. “Keen self-awareness, authenticity and confidence are the driving forces behind Purple’s charm and quirky nature."

"Women all over the world are flipping how they define success and happiness while challenging the status quo, so we're thrilled to be able to recognize and celebrate them – and who better to help us on that mission than our own powerhouse 'spokescandies' Green, Brown and Purple?"​

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 24, 2023 11:04 AM

Like fat women even look at the wrapper.

by Anonymousreply 1January 9, 2023 8:31 PM

I didn’t know candies have gender

by Anonymousreply 2January 9, 2023 8:33 PM

The Green M&M has been serving looks for three decades.

by Anonymousreply 3January 9, 2023 8:34 PM

They better come with dicks or this is literal violence!

by Anonymousreply 4January 9, 2023 8:54 PM

will eating them mean that I am a lesbian now?

by Anonymousreply 5January 9, 2023 9:08 PM

If the purple is for bidy positivity, does that mean it's going to be jumbo sized?

by Anonymousreply 6January 9, 2023 9:15 PM

Pandering has reached a new low

by Anonymousreply 7January 9, 2023 9:17 PM

Corporations are not people and thus do not care about us. They only want our money. I'm sick of these big brands and their faux-inspirational crap. Yes, let's promote junk food and unhealthy lifestyles. With all the stress of making ends meet, people are overindulging in "comfort foods" too. It's all manipulative.

by Anonymousreply 8January 9, 2023 9:18 PM

How long before the nonbinaries start crying about being left out?

by Anonymousreply 9January 9, 2023 9:19 PM

Yes, R8. Corporations have the ethics of pedophiles.

by Anonymousreply 10January 9, 2023 9:22 PM

The next best thing to abortion access.

by Anonymousreply 11January 9, 2023 9:22 PM

[quote] If the purple is for bidy positivity, does that mean it's going to be jumbo sized?

yes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 9, 2023 9:26 PM

[quote] New inspirational M&Ms issue honors feminism and fat women

'Inspirational' is an adjective based on the verb 'inspire'.

'Inspire' is a transitive verb which means someone inspires someone else to do something.

In this case, evil corporation inspires foolish people to get fat.

by Anonymousreply 13January 9, 2023 9:27 PM

On a different note, I always found it funny that Mini M&Ms and peanut/peanut butter M&Ms are way better than the regular ones.

by Anonymousreply 14January 9, 2023 9:27 PM

I like they forgot they sexualized the fuck out of the green M&M. God bless Cree Summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 9, 2023 9:30 PM

Don’t M&M’s honor fat whores by default

by Anonymousreply 16January 9, 2023 9:31 PM

Using sex to sell with the green M&M.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 9, 2023 9:31 PM

R12 , she looks like a peanut M&M. Plus, M&Ms already come in jumbo sizes (I know, because I'm a fat whore 😉).

by Anonymousreply 18January 9, 2023 9:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 9, 2023 9:56 PM

Eat more of these, fatass bitches.

by Anonymousreply 20January 9, 2023 9:58 PM

Um, why are only certain colors female? And did THEY say they were women or is it patriarchal and traditionalist lunatics who imposed that on them.

by Anonymousreply 21January 9, 2023 10:00 PM

Must be a joke.

by Anonymousreply 22January 9, 2023 11:01 PM

I'm waiting for the M&Ms that honor fat men.

by Anonymousreply 23January 9, 2023 11:02 PM

R9 blue raspberry Dumdums got them covered.

by Anonymousreply 24January 9, 2023 11:09 PM

Are they going to be tuna flavored?

by Anonymousreply 25January 9, 2023 11:17 PM

I thought they were a joke as well...but it looks like they are real

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 9, 2023 11:19 PM

The people at these corporations are so out of touch. No one gives a shit about being represented by an M&M. Phony fake pandering.

by Anonymousreply 27January 9, 2023 11:46 PM

This is no different than cigarette ads that said "You've come a long way, baby!" Yet abortion has been banned in many states, The US has one of the highest maternal mortality rates in the developed world and we have Christian, Jewish and Muslim fundies who oppress the rights of women in their communities. Our healthcare system is a joke and for working mothers, daycare is extremely expensive. Yet promoting snack foods with a purple plus-size M&M is such progress.

by Anonymousreply 28January 10, 2023 12:15 AM

Clearly the Mars company doesn't really support women because they still have packages that say woMEN!!! They need to follow the example of the community college where I live that women with an x so that it looks like some sort of typographical error rather than a word.

by Anonymousreply 29January 10, 2023 12:17 AM

I’m waiting for the DL fat bitches M&M. What color would that be?

by Anonymousreply 30January 10, 2023 12:18 AM

I think they're multi-colored but they're the ones with like the pretzel inside of them cuz it's like you know one dude inside of another dude.

by Anonymousreply 31January 10, 2023 12:20 AM

I hate women and anything that's for women! I can't stand them or anything to do with them!

by Anonymousreply 32January 10, 2023 12:21 AM

Like even the commercials for the pretzel avenue is for like dude I want to get inside of you to the other dude.

by Anonymousreply 33January 10, 2023 12:21 AM

R33, are you okay? Should we call someone?

by Anonymousreply 34January 10, 2023 12:22 AM

The orange M&M was clearly a bottom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 10, 2023 12:22 AM

Purple M&Ms, for the fibro warrior in your life.

by Anonymousreply 36January 10, 2023 12:25 AM

Woke fraus are all climaxing right now at this revelation!

by Anonymousreply 37January 10, 2023 1:02 AM

Well that’s the last bag of m&ms I’m ever buying.

by Anonymousreply 38January 10, 2023 1:05 AM

Does M&M stand for Meghan McCain?

by Anonymousreply 39January 10, 2023 1:35 AM

R39 Don't you dare come after Meghan McCain.

She's a national treasure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 10, 2023 1:42 AM

Ain't I a woman?

by Anonymousreply 41January 10, 2023 1:50 AM

R32 I'm a woman and all I can say is that this is not for me.

by Anonymousreply 42January 10, 2023 1:55 AM

This finally clinches it. Little tablets of cheap chocolate have joined the fight.

by Anonymousreply 43January 10, 2023 2:01 AM

Truth, r41!

by Anonymousreply 44January 10, 2023 2:46 AM

[quote] If it’s in all female M&M, I assume that it costs 77 cents on the dollar of what the regular M&M would cost, right?

On the Tuesday edition of The Ben Shapiro Show, Shapiro noted that the new packages will be included on the milk chocolate, peanut, and peanut butter varieties.

“I was getting afraid there. I’m glad that at least some of these M&Ms will have nuts to represent the transgender community,” Shapiro said.

“So you have to ensure that some of the M&Ms are actual — are actual trans women. We wouldn’t want these to be cisgender M&Ms. So good news, some of the female M&Ms will in fact have nuts,” he added.

Shapiro discussed the introduction of the purple M&M that was designed to represent body positivity and inclusivity.

“I’m sure M&M would love people to accept body positivity cause you eat enough of them and you get fat,” he said. “That is what they are. They’re a candy.”

As he continued he said, “So moving. So incredible, so unbelievably stupid.”

“So women, do you feel represented now because of the green, purple and brown M&Ms on the M&M package that you are guzzling down lonely in your apartment with your wine and your cat?” Shapiro asked.

“How’s that going for you? Amazing. Amazing. But at least you feel represented. That’s the important thing,” he added.

by Anonymousreply 45January 10, 2023 7:59 PM

Meanwhile...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 10, 2023 8:48 PM

They should have created a unique color palette for these with five new colors that have not been used previously.

by Anonymousreply 47January 10, 2023 9:14 PM

R45, "The Ben Shapiro Show"? Why? Because Limbaugh is dead?

by Anonymousreply 48January 10, 2023 9:18 PM

Sexism = solved!

by Anonymousreply 49January 10, 2023 9:19 PM

The title of this thread should have included the words Fat Whores Rejoice!

by Anonymousreply 50January 10, 2023 9:45 PM

[quote] Why?

R48 Because the comment is more astute than anything we produced.

by Anonymousreply 51January 10, 2023 9:55 PM

[quote] Corporations are not people and thus do not care about us.

The Supreme Court declared that they are.

by Anonymousreply 52January 10, 2023 10:15 PM

Of course Fox "News" launched their official outrage over this.

How quickly they forgot about DeSantis sporting Nancy Sinatra white go-go boots just a few months ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 23, 2023 8:33 PM

R48 I'd gronk him, but the sound of crying makes my dick soft.

by Anonymousreply 54January 24, 2023 11:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!