Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lucas Kunce Campaign Launch Ad, January 6, 2023

[quote] On January 6, 2021, Josh Hawley showed us he’s a fraud and a coward.

[quote] Missourians deserve a U.S. Senator who’s willing to stand and fight. That’s why I’ve decided to take him on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 28, 2024 5:02 PM

Hawlin' Hawley

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2023 3:42 PM

Wow. That's the best campaign ad I've seen in quite awhile.

by Anonymousreply 2January 6, 2023 3:46 PM

I would have changed my name if I were him.

by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2023 3:47 PM

Check out is About page. He was a super hot runner on Yale trwck team and hot Marine.

by Anonymousreply 4January 6, 2023 4:03 PM

“Run, _____, run!”

by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2023 4:10 PM

I like the name, it’s certainly memorable.

by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2023 4:19 PM

Fantastic ad.

But it will never fly with the white trash/MAGAt/religious nutjobs/methed out trailer park trash that constitute the majority of Missouri voters now.

To these shitheads, it's still all about owning the coastal libtard elitists, and Donald Trump's brand of faux patriotism and faux religious piety. Even tho Josh Hawley isn't one of them, Hawley speaks their racist/homophobic/xenophobic language perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2023 4:21 PM

[quote] I would have changed my name if I were him.

What is it you Kunce face?

by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2023 4:50 PM

Who's had him?

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2023 4:56 PM

Fuck, that's a beautiful man.

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2023 5:07 PM

Mussey Time!

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2023 5:15 PM

On the other hand in West Virginia::

"A former West Virginia delegate who served prison time in connection to his role in the Jan. 6 riot at the United States Capitol Building two years ago officially announced his bid for Congress. Former Delegate Derrick Evans said in a press release that he plans to run in the Republican primary against incumbent Rep. Carol Miller."

[quote] Today – January 6th – is a day to celebrate. But for me, that hasn’t always been the case. Just last year, it was a personal day of reflection, thinking about my fellow J6er’s and the miscarriage of Justice at the hands of our government.

[quote] Fear over my pending prison sentence. Scared to miss precious time with my family. But despite that uncertainty, my resolve never waned.

[quote] I knew I was put on this Earth to serve the people of West Virginia. One month ago I came to you with my story. I launched an exploratory committee for Congress.

[quote] I’m thrilled to say, I, Derrick Evans, am running for a seat in the United States House of Representatives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2023 7:45 PM

Has he ever done anything other that perpetually lose elections and serial military service?

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2023 8:12 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing, R13

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 6, 2023 8:15 PM

Jan. 6th?? PTSD moment.

by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2023 8:18 PM

So let me tell you a bit about me — and why Joshua is so afraid of me:

I grew up in a working-class neighborhood in Jeff City, right in the middle of Missouri. Like most Americans today, my family lived paycheck-to-paycheck — so when my little sister was born with a heart condition, the medical bills bankrupted us.

But we weren’t alone...

When my parents had to take my sister to get surgeries at a hospital over 100 miles away, our neighbors and friends took my siblings and me into their homes.

When we couldn’t afford groceries, they brought more casserole and lasagna by the house than we could ever hope to eat.

The support from our community motivated me to work hard, stay focused on school, and run on the cross-country team. That all helped me get into college, which I could afford thanks to a Pell grant and scholarships from people around town.

I got to keep running there too.

After college + law school, I joined the Marines to honor and serve the community that had done so much for me. Active duty for 13 years. Iraq once, Afghanistan twice. Then the Joint Staff at the Pentagon, where I'd go on to help lead arms control negotiations with NATO + Russia.

In the Marines, I learned what service for your country really means: Doing the right thing—even far from home—and never forgetting the community you signed up to serve.

But for every tour of duty, I also learned just how little service meant to corrupt elites like @HawleyMO. I led a police training team in Iraq, running missions outside the wire through Habbaniyah, Fallujah and Ramadi. Near our camp, a burn pit bathed us in toxic fumes for months.

And when we came back home, politicians like @HawleyMO turned their backs on us.

I was exposed to toxic burn pits in Iraq; Republicans turned their backs on veterans like me Toxic burn pits in Iraq harmed veterans like me and Republicans turned their backs on us. This isn't how we should treat those injured defending America.

Between deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan, I was stationed at Camp Pendleton. While our politicians let Wall Street banks gamble away our economy, I fought to protect service members from predatory scams and illegal foreclosures.

Since 9/11, Wall Street Has Put Money Over Marines and Profits Over Patriotism When you were attacked, Wall Street, we stepped up. You’ve been undermining our national security and betraying us ever since.

I deployed twice to Afghanistan. Learned Pashto. Investigated corruption. I saw how lies from corrupt leaders in Washington cost us two decades, $2 trillion, and nearly 2,500 American lives. And then politicians like @HawleyMO wanted even more war.

Then at the Pentagon, I saw how Big Oil bought off our politicians so dictators, war criminals, and a handful of corporate executives got to decide how much Americans pay for energy—while authoritarian oligarchs in China start to dominate renewable energy.

Getting off fossil fuels will save a fortune in averted military misadventures.

But between tours, one of the hardest things was coming back home and seeing what was going on in my old neighborhood. The community I had signed up to serve was stripped for parts. The corner store boarded up. Our first family home even bulldozed down.

The whole time politicians like Hawley kept voting to send Marines like me overseas to fight pointless wars, they were letting their corporate megadonors gut our towns and cities back home.

And now they don’t just attack our way of life, but also the democracy I swore to defend.

On January 6, 2021, Josh Hawley showed us he’s a fraud and a coward who will cut and run at the first sign of trouble.

Missourians deserve a U.S. Senator who’s willing to stand and fight for them. They deserve a warrior for working people.

And I'm ready to serve.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2023 1:22 AM

Get 'em, stud!

by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2023 1:34 AM

If you can't beat Trudy Busch Valentine in a primary, and he couldn't, it's time to hang it up.

by Anonymousreply 18January 7, 2023 1:36 AM

A marine ran against That ghuol from Kentucky and she lost badley.

by Anonymousreply 19January 7, 2023 2:03 AM

The OH, DEAR meter just caught on fire and melted after reading R19.

by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2023 3:39 AM

Yum! Run Lucas, run! Who's had him? Verificatia?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 7, 2023 4:08 AM

I want to be sent to the ER in an ambulance after he accidentally squishes my head between those THIGHS. lol

by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2023 1:07 PM

R10, he walked in our Gay Pride Parade. Nice guy and hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2023 1:11 PM

[quote] "The guy is obsessed with control," Kunce says. "He wants to control us in the bedroom. He wants to control us in the doctor's office. He wants to control the way we work. I mean, he's got a book coming out on masculinity where he wants to tell everyone exactly what it means to be a man, which I guess means being made in his image. It's weird, it's creepy, and it's gross, and I don't understand it."

[quote] Hawley's book, Manhood: The Masculine Virtues America Needs, is set to be published in May.

[quote] "He hasn't had to be held accountable for being a coward and fraud. And I mean, this is the Show-Me State. He has shown us what he is," Kunce says. "And the thing is, he hasn't had to be held accountable in front of Missourians for that weird creepiness yet."

[quote] He adds, "And by the time I'm done with him, I'm telling you every single person in the state and the country is gonna know what a fraud, a coward, and a faker he is."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2023 11:00 PM

In the buckle of the Bible Belt, they don't care. Democrats are equated with idol-worshippers.

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2023 11:17 PM

Lucas Coonts is a surname worth changing.

by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2023 11:20 PM

Love that he didn't mince words. Democrats need to call Republicans what they are: cowards and traitors and enemies of America.

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2023 11:29 PM

Josh is aging horribly.

by Anonymousreply 28January 8, 2023 12:37 AM

Why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 16, 2023 1:07 AM

Between R16 and R21...

Whoo, Lord (fanning myself).

by Anonymousreply 30February 16, 2023 1:15 AM

Mrs. Traitor Trotter IS Aunt Lydia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 24, 2023 12:14 AM

Please don’t fall into the trap of thinking that Missouri is any more winnable now than South Carolina or Kentucky. You could have a perfect candidate running a perfect campaign but s(he) cannot win as a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2023 2:15 AM

Agreed - focus on NC instead

by Anonymousreply 33March 25, 2023 12:06 AM

The focus should be on West Virginia, Ohio, Montana & Arizona. At this point, at least, we don’t have the luxury of playing offense next year.

by Anonymousreply 34March 25, 2023 1:02 AM

r32 yes, abandon all the states and do the same thing over and over again. fuck 'em all. let's start deporting the transplants!

by Anonymousreply 35March 25, 2023 1:12 AM

I like Kunce. I contributed to his last campaign. He’s smart, hard-working, hot as hell, and very determined. I think he’d make a great addition to the United States Senate. And he’d be far superior to that odious coward and traitor Josh Hawley. But does a Democrat have a chance to win statewide office in red, red Missouri?

Yeah, Jon Tester has been able to do it in Montana and Sherrod Brown has been able to do it in Ohio. And if the two of them and Mark Kelly in Arizona emphasize the overturning of Roe and the Repukes’ anti-abortion stance they can probably eke out wins once again in 2024. But, as good as I think Lucas is, I’m not sure that he has what it takes to overcome a sitting Rethug.

I follow him on social media. He unfortunately did not have much of a SM presence or traction before and doesn’t seem to have much now. Would love to see him here in DC. I just think that the prospect of that happening unfortunately isn’t great.

by Anonymousreply 36March 25, 2023 1:38 AM

Terrifying to think MO has lurched that much further to the right since Democrat Claire McCaskill held the seat.

A microcosm of the country, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 37March 25, 2023 9:38 AM

Krumping

by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2023 6:18 PM

If I were in MO I’d campaign for him.

by Anonymousreply 39March 25, 2023 7:01 PM

There's not one thing said in that ad that can be disputed. That's a big win in itself.

by Anonymousreply 40March 25, 2023 7:20 PM

Go, Lucas, GO!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 5, 2024 2:17 PM

That surname is unfortunate. But otherwise a solid candidate.

by Anonymousreply 42January 5, 2024 2:26 PM

The surname is memorable. Nobody's gonna say "I won't vote for him because of his last name."

They may not vote for him for other reasons but his name won't be one of them. Remember Speaker Boehner?

by Anonymousreply 43January 5, 2024 2:30 PM

Jesus Christ... he set the bar high with that ad.

by Anonymousreply 44January 5, 2024 2:33 PM

Poor guy. What a Kunce.

by Anonymousreply 45January 5, 2024 2:36 PM

[quote]I follow him on social media. He unfortunately did not have much of a SM presence or traction before and doesn’t seem to have much now.

Honest question: how much does that matter in a place like Missouri? Doesn't seem like much of a Twitter state.

by Anonymousreply 46January 5, 2024 2:36 PM

[quote] Honest question: how much does that matter in a place like Missouri

I would wager that most funding on both sides of the aisle comes from out of state. Remember that Boebert was flapping her gums recently about most of the money her opponent raised came from California. Similarly, when Amy McGrath ran against McTurtle, a huge amount of that money was in opposition to him rather than for her.

by Anonymousreply 47January 5, 2024 2:56 PM

Let me throw Lucas some coins.

by Anonymousreply 48January 5, 2024 3:01 PM

Imagine all the confusion!

I voted for Kunce!

Umm...which one?

by Anonymousreply 49January 5, 2024 3:01 PM

I know his sister Yurall.

by Anonymousreply 50January 5, 2024 3:10 PM

Missouri frau here. I remember the first time I saw one of Josh Hawley's tv commericals when he ran for AG. I immediately thought what a beta male, I could probably beat him up. The idea that Hawley is an expert on "manhood" is laughable. His stepford wife and her anti-choice obsession could help Kunce. Sure the rural areas are maga country. Nevertheless Hawley, like a lot of repubs in the midwest, has completely misjudged how women voters feel. When Kansas, an even more conservative state, voted for abortion rights, Hawley should have been scared. It will be suburban women who decide this election. Hopefully Hawley and former Gov Greitens can do a youtube show appealing to angry white guys are he is banished from office.

by Anonymousreply 51January 5, 2024 3:13 PM

[quote] Honest question: how much does that matter in a place like Missouri? Doesn't seem like much of a Twitter state.

Not sure, R46. I wrote that last March. I looked at social media presence more as a barometer of his engagement (albeit, an imperfect one) than a definitive indication of his support among all Missouri voters. And, as R47 noted, it could show interest from donors around the country.

Lucas seems to be chugging along. In a poll from late October he was only four points behind Hawley. And, he has yet to secure the nomination. He’s running against three other Democratic candidates, and none of them has raised a lot of money. He will probably get the nod.

by Anonymousreply 52January 5, 2024 3:21 PM

Lucas Cunts?

by Anonymousreply 53January 5, 2024 3:49 PM

Ron Filipkowski

[quote] This is the most phony guy in the Senate, and there’s a lot of competition. He sends a letter to Biden this morning begging him to save an aluminum plant in his state while he’s up for re-election, then tonight wants to torpedo any immigration deal because it might help Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 26, 2024 12:35 AM

I want him for my Congressdaddy.

by Anonymousreply 55January 26, 2024 12:49 AM

Am I the first one mentioning the flash-a-bulge?

by Anonymousreply 56January 26, 2024 12:50 AM

He could work in the Congressional Bulge-It Office.

by Anonymousreply 57January 26, 2024 12:53 AM

I'm a little teapot short and stout.

Here is my handle,

Here is my spout.

When I get all steamed up,

Hear me shout:

Tip me over

And pour me out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 28, 2024 4:17 PM

Somebody is talking to themselves a LOT in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 59March 28, 2024 4:43 PM

[quote]I would have changed my name if I were him.

I'm sure the kids were brutual while he was growing up.

However, now it works in his favor because he's had so much practice, I'm sure it doesn't faze him. At the same time, he can turn it against anyone who would joke about it and make that person seem like a degenerate, pervert, or just plain childish.

by Anonymousreply 60March 28, 2024 5:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!