Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Uh oh… is Joshua Bassett turning “straight” and becoming a Christian fundie??? DANGER ALERT!!

We need to rescue that boy from his crazy family!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 1, 2023 11:48 AM

He needs dick, stat!

by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2023 6:00 AM

IG story…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 7, 2023 10:37 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 7, 2023 10:38 AM

Yeah, his family is super religious. Guess they got control over him again.

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2023 10:45 AM

How can he stare Jesus in the face knowing he's bared his dirty pillows to so many men?

by Anonymousreply 5January 7, 2023 10:47 AM

I had no idea about his family, so I assumed he was having a mental breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2023 11:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 7, 2023 11:46 AM

I’m sorry. Who?

by Anonymousreply 8January 7, 2023 2:00 PM

I. DON'T. KNOW. HER.

by Anonymousreply 9January 7, 2023 2:02 PM

I have a feeling that he’s mostly upset because his singing career has not taken off to the same degree as Olivia Rodrigo’s.

by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2023 5:13 PM

When you're deeply indoctrinated. It's very hard to separate even if you know you're gay. He's different than Shawn Mendes who knows he's gay and lives a gay lifestyle behind the scenes. Joshua seems to associate his homosexual attraction with being molested and feels intense shame around it. He has mental issues and it's possible his family got him back into religion as some type of cure. He's young and lived a relatively sheltered life. Overall I can't see a positive end for him unless he finds the strength to accept his sexuality and the ex-gay route is disappointing but not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2023 2:39 AM

All that crazy religious babble. He can only come from that place. No normal person just suddenly turns into Margaret White.

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2023 2:45 AM

I don’t know who this is, but the arrogance of these Christians always astounds me. “Jesus is the ONLY WAY”. Um no, you judgmental ass, it’s not. Billions of us are just fine without it.

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2023 2:50 AM

He would be more progress if he was an openly gay Christian and used his platform to talk the hate out of fundies. But I think he's on the fundie side

by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2023 2:55 AM

*progressive

by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2023 2:55 AM

Never heard of it

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2023 2:57 AM

[quote]His death and resurrection are historically documented.

Why do new fundie nutbags ALWAYS make such absurd claims as if it's a factual thing.

Don't get me started on the whole issue of faith not needing and actually being antithetical to "proof" of any sort.

by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2023 3:13 AM

Nudes?

by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2023 4:26 AM

WTF is a Joshua Basset?

by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2023 4:29 AM

Why is DL interested in this wacko person who looks barely old enough to shave?

by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2023 4:30 AM

What a shame to see him pull the opposite of what David Archuleta did. Deep into that Mormon cult to the point none of us ever thought he'd utter the word gay, now he's left the church and actively dating men.

Bassett needs guidance and counseling outside of the fundie bullshit. Being young and gay is rough enough, throw religion and celebrity into the mix and you have a recipe for self hatred.

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2023 4:33 AM

I don't think Bassetts story is going to end well. His career at Disney is nearly over, his music career isn't going anywhere, he never really accepted himself for liking men in the first place. I guess he looked for some certainty in his life went back to his family and ended up on the God train as part of the package.

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2023 4:38 AM

[R22] The fact it happened so drastically and suddenly tells me this won't end well either. If he doesn't have good people behind him, I suspect this will end in tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2023 3:05 PM

He's going to end up like Kirk Cameron and work for The 700 Club. Or I can see him plan a Christian pop career now. And CCM makes a shit ton of money. He'll be the reverse Katy Perry.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2023 2:17 AM

[quote] "Hello I'm Joshua Bassett and 3 years ago I was saved from the debauched hell of becoming Noah Schnapps kept service top by the healing love of Jesus Christ. AMAZING GRACE HOW SWE-"

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2023 1:05 PM

Lil Nas X needs to come fix this kid.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2023 3:20 PM

Fear, shame and guilt is the bread and butter of these religions.

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2023 4:38 PM

Hoping he finds a gay-affirming church like Unitarian, Episcopalian, Society of Friends or United Church of Christ where they bless gay marriage and ordain gay men and lesbians. Methodist, Presbyterian and Lutheran can be accepting as well just depending on the sect and region. As long as he stays away from Baptists, Pentecostals, Evangelical fundies and Catholics who will never accept gays.

He is a very hurt beautiful boy who needs to find real love with someone around his age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 23, 2023 10:48 PM

I don't know this person is.

by Anonymousreply 29January 23, 2023 10:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 23, 2023 11:04 PM

Also, he had a death scare from septic shock. Those types of scares makes you more spiritual/religious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 23, 2023 11:18 PM

R28 Baptists have welcoming and affirming churches, which basically means they are LGBTQ accepting. I went to one for years. They are all over the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 23, 2023 11:27 PM

R32 Thanks for the link! That's good to know and I'm seeing many in the South and Midwest too which is very encouraging. I know Pentecostals, Baptists and Evangelicals who accept gays on an individual level but unfortunately haven't found one where I'm at (NJ) where the entire congregation and minister is affirming

by Anonymousreply 33January 23, 2023 11:35 PM

R33 I'm happy to help. I know how frustrating it can be at times to find a church where you can be your whole self and be accepted. Below is another link and includes all denominations. It's the Institute for Welcoming Resources. Use the nav bar on the left to search by country, city, state and city. It should bring up a list. If you don't see the list, pull up the arrow at the bottom of the map.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 23, 2023 11:40 PM

[quote] Bassett was born and raised in Oceanside, California, to parents Taylor and Laura. He has five sisters, and was home-schooled.

r28 Yeah going by the number of siblings and the home-schooling tells me whatever branch he's part of its on the stricter side.

by Anonymousreply 35January 24, 2023 2:50 AM

A lot of ex-Evangelicals and ex-Catholics who still want to have faith in God will convert to mainline Protestant denominations that are more progressive. So there's hope. But if he goes back to the strict fundamentalist branch he was raised in, it will only worsen his mental health further.

by Anonymousreply 36January 24, 2023 3:14 PM

I like his bit about Jesus being historically documented. In the Jerusalem Times? Oh, right, that bible book. When will this world evolve past this ridiculous relying on the supernatural? I guess never...

by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2023 5:57 PM

I don't think a book that has talking serpents and demonically-possessed herds of swine will past muster as the sort of primary source historians like to use as documentation.

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2023 7:25 PM

His Twitter account was clearly hacked.

by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2023 8:38 PM

He's more interesting than Shawn Mendes who is a rather boring and vapid closet case. Joshua is doing the most in a cry for attention and it's hard to predict what he'll say or do next. His upbringing seems dysfunctional and there's probably more to his story. Usually Disney has better control on their stars and their public image but he seems to be going way off script. This will get interesting.

by Anonymousreply 40January 24, 2023 8:50 PM

r39 If he was hacked why is it still up 19 days later? And the same person hacked his IG too?

by Anonymousreply 41January 24, 2023 8:55 PM

Jesus may have existed as a Galilean rabbi and many of the Messiah claimants roaming the Mediterranean region at the time. We know little about him as he wasn't documented when he was alive nor wrote anything down and all the posthumous accounts are all religious-based. The issue isn't whether he existed or not but the question of divinity. Muhammad and Joseph Smith existed but that doesn't mean they were divine prophets either.

This is why religious people aren't taken seriously when they try to argue their religion with science but don't have any evidence. Religion is a very personal thing and proselytizing like this is not going to convince critical thinkers.

by Anonymousreply 42January 24, 2023 9:14 PM

r41 Huh That was his last post and looks like a bigger gap than he's taken before. Anyone know if he's actually been seen in public since or has he already been shipped off to no more gay camp by his family?

by Anonymousreply 43January 25, 2023 12:15 AM

He caught chlamydia from Chris Olsen.

by Anonymousreply 44January 25, 2023 7:34 AM

“Jesus always gives second chances…”

by Anonymousreply 45January 25, 2023 8:32 AM

Fauxmoi comments has some tea:

"He is actually openly queer and the posts are crazy coming from him and his past comments on religion… grew up near his family and know he was part of this cultlike christian theater group that has been under fire a lot in the san diego area for being INCREDIBLY homophobic and condoning a lot of sexual abuse. He spent the holidays with his family and i genuinely am praying for him cause the amount of self-deprecation in that instagram post is insane. Would I say conversion therapy is a possibility just based on what I know… absolutely- what he went through in that theater program already was basically conversion therapy with a different name."

Sounds like Children of God cult, they had a children's theater and choir and a lot of child singers and actors are associated with them like the Phoenixs and Rose McGowen. They changed their names a few times to avoid being investigated, they were going as "The Family" for years. It may have changed again or they have associated cults. I hope Joshua gets justice and his sicko parents go to jail somehow.

by Anonymousreply 46January 26, 2023 12:35 AM

Sorry, here's the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 26, 2023 12:36 AM

He came out of hiding for this. He sounds like he's doing better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 26, 2023 1:14 AM

"The conversion therapy jokes and jokes about lohanthony i’ve seen on twitter are not it… i know his family, i grew up in oceanside where he’s from. His parents are devout evangelical christian; he grew up homeschooled for “religious reasons” with the only activity he did outside of school being a theater that inflicted so much abuse on kids, especially queer kids like him, that it’s methods are regularly compared to conversion therapy amongst north county residents. This could very well have happened to him, the fact that he started talking about it after spending the holidays in san diego with his family genuinely scares me… please don’t make jokes about it."

by Anonymousreply 49January 26, 2023 1:15 AM

R48 Boring and by the book answers. Not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 50January 26, 2023 2:35 AM

Archuleta needs to talk to this kid about escaping abusive homophobic religion and how to get the fuck out. He's still young and impressionable. Fuck a career, I'm worried for this kid's life.

by Anonymousreply 51January 26, 2023 3:18 AM

Hopefully Archuleta will also talk sense into Brandon Flowers too who got sucked deeper into his LDS religion despite being irreligious for years.

by Anonymousreply 52January 26, 2023 9:04 PM

His Instagram story right now is all about Jesus and going to church and seeing God. It seems he got sucked back into his parent's abusive cult. They likely got to him when he was hospitalized for heart failure and septic shock and almost died. And I think he wasn't mentally prepared for the homophobic backlash of coming out and speaking on his sexual abuse. I'm getting ex-gay vibes unfortunately. I hope that cult gets exposed, San Diego residents on social media have been spilling the tea on it and how pedophilia is rampant. His parents are sick people and should be in jail.

by Anonymousreply 53January 30, 2023 5:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 30, 2023 5:50 PM

[quote] two of his “encounters” with Jesus

Yep he's lost it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 30, 2023 5:51 PM

This is sad. I hope he gets some real help soon, because anyone who thinks Jesus switched on a lamp for them hasn't received real help.

by Anonymousreply 56January 30, 2023 5:55 PM

His favorite song is “by me?” Tacky.

by Anonymousreply 57January 30, 2023 5:59 PM

Two encounters? They flipped?

by Anonymousreply 58January 30, 2023 5:59 PM

wow Jesus you look a lot like my dad in a fake beard!

by Anonymousreply 59January 30, 2023 6:06 PM

His collapse is in full swing.

by Anonymousreply 60January 30, 2023 6:07 PM

Is it Calvary Chapel? They're a cultlike Evangelical Christian sect based in California. Many CCM singers have ties and they also a lot of produced Evangelical kids media. My non-denominational upbringing makes me familiar with them. I think Katy Perry may had ties to them too. Another cult is Hillsong and plus there's tons of Mormons in California too. There's a Catholic cult called Opus Dei as well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 30, 2023 6:11 PM

How old is he? At what age does schizophrenia often present?

by Anonymousreply 62January 30, 2023 6:29 PM

What a cute kid! Hope he finds his way to genuine happiness.

by Anonymousreply 63January 30, 2023 7:13 PM

He’s in his early 20s, just at the right age, R62.

by Anonymousreply 64January 30, 2023 8:33 PM

R64 He seemed to have endured horrific sexual abuse and his family apparently was very upset at him coming out, talking about the abuse and probably were going to shun him. Even though he has money, I don't think he has friends or a strong social network to fall back. He lacks an identity and a sense of purpose. His parents controlled his life and pushed him into singing and acting. These cults use trauma bonding and gaslighting to control you into adulthood. He does seem mentally ill and being abused repeatedly can trigger that. Religion may be the only thing keeping him from killing himself. I don't know if he's schizophrenic but many do become religious fanatics and sexual abuse does increase the odds of psychosis.

by Anonymousreply 65January 30, 2023 8:39 PM

Isn't he the ex of that pop singer who wrote an album shitting on him, which resulted in him getting massive hatred? I remember one story about him being in a coffee shop and the staff played her album repeatedly until he left. I doubt that helped his mental health all that much. Hopefully karma comes for the bitch who started it all for a shitty pop album.

by Anonymousreply 66January 30, 2023 8:56 PM

He was way out of her league lookswise too. He was in the hospital suffering from heart complications and that album was playing everywhere and he was extremely demonized and cyberbullied. He probably came out to cool off the hate and let Olivia's unhinged fans know it was a PR relationship and that bitch was a beard. Pop stans are deranged

by Anonymousreply 67January 30, 2023 9:00 PM

I hardly ever agree with T Swift with her behavior, but her cold-shouldering Rodrigo after miss girl claimed Swift was her favorite artist felt like vindication. Don't come out the gate writing shitty songs about your high school PR showmance when you know damn good and well your partner in it is vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 68January 31, 2023 2:25 AM

2 encounters with Jesus? Were they in the back alley or the men's room? R55

by Anonymousreply 69January 31, 2023 2:37 AM

[quote] i typed "Jesus is the way"

[quote] nothing happened

[quote] then i added

[quote] "Jesus is the *only* way"

[quote] and the light turned on in my living room

Its sad he's going down this path and I hope he gets out before going too far. But this is one of the most hilarious reasons for becoming a born again Christian I've ever seen. Josh you need an electrician not a pastor

by Anonymousreply 70January 31, 2023 2:47 AM

Has he repented for trying the gay, or do we know if it’s gone that far?

by Anonymousreply 71January 31, 2023 3:43 AM

R71 It's coming, give it time. He'll claim he was confused after being torn apart in the media from his ex and that led him to men, now he's back to his one true man: Jesus H.

by Anonymousreply 72January 31, 2023 3:53 AM

JESUS, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 73January 31, 2023 4:23 AM

Are we sure he didn't mean Jesús, the Mexican man who maintains his lawn?

by Anonymousreply 74January 31, 2023 4:26 AM

He seems like a very sweet person from interviews I've watched. I think he actually gained most of his fans from opening up about his abuse and sexuality. That vulnerability made people with similar backgrounds sympathetic. That's why they are expressing concerns on his mental health because for any of us experienced with fundamentalism. That pivot back into fanaticism especially after leaving indicates something serious went down.

by Anonymousreply 75January 31, 2023 10:51 AM

It sounds like religion is helping him in his life, so far, and it obviously helps a lot in the afterlife, so let’s wait and see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 76January 31, 2023 11:18 AM

^obviously

by Anonymousreply 77January 31, 2023 1:49 PM

R76 is also crazy.

by Anonymousreply 78January 31, 2023 1:55 PM

R76 if you can’t see that he’s being sucked into the cult of religion versus just casual dipping, you need to take off the blinders.

by Anonymousreply 79January 31, 2023 2:00 PM

[quote]R42: The issue isn't whether he existed or not but the question of divinity.

Um, no it isn't, unless believers are setting the terms for the discussion, giving divinity a position of merit that it doesn't deserve. There is no divinity, full stop. The only thing left is the question of existence, and there's no evidence for that.

[quote]Muhammad and Joseph Smith existed but that doesn't mean they were divine prophets either.

Joseph Smith existed, but not in the way LDS depict him. Muhammad, not so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 31, 2023 2:18 PM

r76If he was vaguely well adjusted yeah maybe. But Bassett has who knows how much religious based trauma from his fucked up family, and some sort of right wing Christian youth theatre group (America is fucking weird) has had an Olivia Rodrigo induced rough few years, there's like one season of HSM left at most. Then one week after Christmas presumably which he spent with said fucked up family he's now mentioning meeting Jesus multiple times and his personality in general seems to have done a complete 180. There's not a single thing about any of that that says healthy.

by Anonymousreply 81January 31, 2023 3:30 PM

Anyone that thinks this pivot is natural and healthy is either a cultist themselves or a frau stan.

by Anonymousreply 82January 31, 2023 4:38 PM

Christians who are more on the spiritual, liberal and tolerant side aren't the ones to proselytize on the streets or social media. That's more Evangelical or cultish sects that want to increase membership and usually have an apocalyptic side. The good Christians often do charity, advocacy, activism and volunteer work and only bring up their faith when asked or want to acknowledge it but usually at an appropriate time (like an award ceremony). Dolly Parton is one of those social gospel types who lets her deeds speak for her.

by Anonymousreply 83January 31, 2023 9:57 PM

Team Olivia!

by Anonymousreply 84January 31, 2023 10:18 PM

[quote]Christians who are more on the spiritual, liberal and tolerant side aren't the ones to proselytize on the streets or social media.

So they are CINOs? There's a lot of non-believers like that.

by Anonymousreply 85February 1, 2023 1:31 AM

[quote]the tongue is a sword, for better or for worse, and our actions leave a stain -R2

So Bassett babe, being rimmed makes you cum all over the furniture regardless of tongue skills?

by Anonymousreply 86February 1, 2023 3:21 AM

r84 I mean personally I'd sooner side with Satan over a wanna be Taylor Swift who fucked over her mentally ill showmance ex just for a shitty song like Drivers License.

by Anonymousreply 87February 1, 2023 3:21 AM

R87 Fuck off, Granddad, she is neato.

by Anonymousreply 88February 1, 2023 3:43 AM

r88 The twitter fangirl to DL pipeline is real.

by Anonymousreply 89February 1, 2023 4:00 AM

His whole breakdown saga sure is boring sometimes. He needs to smash some car windows or run around LA naked like the “Kony 2012” guy. Remember that!? People on the internet really believed they were changing the world back then. Simpler times.

by Anonymousreply 90February 1, 2023 5:20 AM

Aaron Carter had the most epic breakdowns. It's still sad he couldn't pull through. Lohan seems to have gotten her act together. Britney is a lost cause. Miley Cyrus on the other hand, faked her breakdowns for media attention and promotion of her music.

by Anonymousreply 91February 1, 2023 11:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!