Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Uh oh… is Joshua Bassett turning “straight” and becoming a Christian fundie??? DANGER ALERT!!

We need to rescue that boy from his crazy family!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485September 16, 2023 3:52 AM

He needs dick, stat!

by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2023 5:00 AM

IG story…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 7, 2023 9:37 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 7, 2023 9:38 AM

Yeah, his family is super religious. Guess they got control over him again.

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2023 9:45 AM

How can he stare Jesus in the face knowing he's bared his dirty pillows to so many men?

by Anonymousreply 5January 7, 2023 9:47 AM

I had no idea about his family, so I assumed he was having a mental breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2023 10:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 7, 2023 10:46 AM

I’m sorry. Who?

by Anonymousreply 8January 7, 2023 1:00 PM

I. DON'T. KNOW. HER.

by Anonymousreply 9January 7, 2023 1:02 PM

I have a feeling that he’s mostly upset because his singing career has not taken off to the same degree as Olivia Rodrigo’s.

by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2023 4:13 PM

When you're deeply indoctrinated. It's very hard to separate even if you know you're gay. He's different than Shawn Mendes who knows he's gay and lives a gay lifestyle behind the scenes. Joshua seems to associate his homosexual attraction with being molested and feels intense shame around it. He has mental issues and it's possible his family got him back into religion as some type of cure. He's young and lived a relatively sheltered life. Overall I can't see a positive end for him unless he finds the strength to accept his sexuality and the ex-gay route is disappointing but not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2023 1:39 AM

All that crazy religious babble. He can only come from that place. No normal person just suddenly turns into Margaret White.

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2023 1:45 AM

I don’t know who this is, but the arrogance of these Christians always astounds me. “Jesus is the ONLY WAY”. Um no, you judgmental ass, it’s not. Billions of us are just fine without it.

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2023 1:50 AM

He would be more progress if he was an openly gay Christian and used his platform to talk the hate out of fundies. But I think he's on the fundie side

by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2023 1:55 AM

*progressive

by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2023 1:55 AM

Never heard of it

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2023 1:57 AM

[quote]His death and resurrection are historically documented.

Why do new fundie nutbags ALWAYS make such absurd claims as if it's a factual thing.

Don't get me started on the whole issue of faith not needing and actually being antithetical to "proof" of any sort.

by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2023 2:13 AM

Nudes?

by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2023 3:26 AM

WTF is a Joshua Basset?

by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2023 3:29 AM

Why is DL interested in this wacko person who looks barely old enough to shave?

by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2023 3:30 AM

What a shame to see him pull the opposite of what David Archuleta did. Deep into that Mormon cult to the point none of us ever thought he'd utter the word gay, now he's left the church and actively dating men.

Bassett needs guidance and counseling outside of the fundie bullshit. Being young and gay is rough enough, throw religion and celebrity into the mix and you have a recipe for self hatred.

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2023 3:33 AM

I don't think Bassetts story is going to end well. His career at Disney is nearly over, his music career isn't going anywhere, he never really accepted himself for liking men in the first place. I guess he looked for some certainty in his life went back to his family and ended up on the God train as part of the package.

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2023 3:38 AM

[R22] The fact it happened so drastically and suddenly tells me this won't end well either. If he doesn't have good people behind him, I suspect this will end in tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2023 2:05 PM

He's going to end up like Kirk Cameron and work for The 700 Club. Or I can see him plan a Christian pop career now. And CCM makes a shit ton of money. He'll be the reverse Katy Perry.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2023 1:17 AM

[quote] "Hello I'm Joshua Bassett and 3 years ago I was saved from the debauched hell of becoming Noah Schnapps kept service top by the healing love of Jesus Christ. AMAZING GRACE HOW SWE-"

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2023 12:05 PM

Lil Nas X needs to come fix this kid.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2023 2:20 PM

Fear, shame and guilt is the bread and butter of these religions.

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2023 3:38 PM

Hoping he finds a gay-affirming church like Unitarian, Episcopalian, Society of Friends or United Church of Christ where they bless gay marriage and ordain gay men and lesbians. Methodist, Presbyterian and Lutheran can be accepting as well just depending on the sect and region. As long as he stays away from Baptists, Pentecostals, Evangelical fundies and Catholics who will never accept gays.

He is a very hurt beautiful boy who needs to find real love with someone around his age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 23, 2023 9:48 PM

I don't know this person is.

by Anonymousreply 29January 23, 2023 9:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 23, 2023 10:04 PM

Also, he had a death scare from septic shock. Those types of scares makes you more spiritual/religious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 23, 2023 10:18 PM

R28 Baptists have welcoming and affirming churches, which basically means they are LGBTQ accepting. I went to one for years. They are all over the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 23, 2023 10:27 PM

R32 Thanks for the link! That's good to know and I'm seeing many in the South and Midwest too which is very encouraging. I know Pentecostals, Baptists and Evangelicals who accept gays on an individual level but unfortunately haven't found one where I'm at (NJ) where the entire congregation and minister is affirming

by Anonymousreply 33January 23, 2023 10:35 PM

R33 I'm happy to help. I know how frustrating it can be at times to find a church where you can be your whole self and be accepted. Below is another link and includes all denominations. It's the Institute for Welcoming Resources. Use the nav bar on the left to search by country, city, state and city. It should bring up a list. If you don't see the list, pull up the arrow at the bottom of the map.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 23, 2023 10:40 PM

[quote] Bassett was born and raised in Oceanside, California, to parents Taylor and Laura. He has five sisters, and was home-schooled.

r28 Yeah going by the number of siblings and the home-schooling tells me whatever branch he's part of its on the stricter side.

by Anonymousreply 35January 24, 2023 1:50 AM

A lot of ex-Evangelicals and ex-Catholics who still want to have faith in God will convert to mainline Protestant denominations that are more progressive. So there's hope. But if he goes back to the strict fundamentalist branch he was raised in, it will only worsen his mental health further.

by Anonymousreply 36January 24, 2023 2:14 PM

I like his bit about Jesus being historically documented. In the Jerusalem Times? Oh, right, that bible book. When will this world evolve past this ridiculous relying on the supernatural? I guess never...

by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2023 4:57 PM

I don't think a book that has talking serpents and demonically-possessed herds of swine will past muster as the sort of primary source historians like to use as documentation.

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2023 6:25 PM

His Twitter account was clearly hacked.

by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2023 7:38 PM

He's more interesting than Shawn Mendes who is a rather boring and vapid closet case. Joshua is doing the most in a cry for attention and it's hard to predict what he'll say or do next. His upbringing seems dysfunctional and there's probably more to his story. Usually Disney has better control on their stars and their public image but he seems to be going way off script. This will get interesting.

by Anonymousreply 40January 24, 2023 7:50 PM

r39 If he was hacked why is it still up 19 days later? And the same person hacked his IG too?

by Anonymousreply 41January 24, 2023 7:55 PM

Jesus may have existed as a Galilean rabbi and many of the Messiah claimants roaming the Mediterranean region at the time. We know little about him as he wasn't documented when he was alive nor wrote anything down and all the posthumous accounts are all religious-based. The issue isn't whether he existed or not but the question of divinity. Muhammad and Joseph Smith existed but that doesn't mean they were divine prophets either.

This is why religious people aren't taken seriously when they try to argue their religion with science but don't have any evidence. Religion is a very personal thing and proselytizing like this is not going to convince critical thinkers.

by Anonymousreply 42January 24, 2023 8:14 PM

r41 Huh That was his last post and looks like a bigger gap than he's taken before. Anyone know if he's actually been seen in public since or has he already been shipped off to no more gay camp by his family?

by Anonymousreply 43January 24, 2023 11:15 PM

He caught chlamydia from Chris Olsen.

by Anonymousreply 44January 25, 2023 6:34 AM

“Jesus always gives second chances…”

by Anonymousreply 45January 25, 2023 7:32 AM

Fauxmoi comments has some tea:

"He is actually openly queer and the posts are crazy coming from him and his past comments on religion… grew up near his family and know he was part of this cultlike christian theater group that has been under fire a lot in the san diego area for being INCREDIBLY homophobic and condoning a lot of sexual abuse. He spent the holidays with his family and i genuinely am praying for him cause the amount of self-deprecation in that instagram post is insane. Would I say conversion therapy is a possibility just based on what I know… absolutely- what he went through in that theater program already was basically conversion therapy with a different name."

Sounds like Children of God cult, they had a children's theater and choir and a lot of child singers and actors are associated with them like the Phoenixs and Rose McGowen. They changed their names a few times to avoid being investigated, they were going as "The Family" for years. It may have changed again or they have associated cults. I hope Joshua gets justice and his sicko parents go to jail somehow.

by Anonymousreply 46January 25, 2023 11:35 PM

Sorry, here's the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 25, 2023 11:36 PM

He came out of hiding for this. He sounds like he's doing better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 26, 2023 12:14 AM

"The conversion therapy jokes and jokes about lohanthony i’ve seen on twitter are not it… i know his family, i grew up in oceanside where he’s from. His parents are devout evangelical christian; he grew up homeschooled for “religious reasons” with the only activity he did outside of school being a theater that inflicted so much abuse on kids, especially queer kids like him, that it’s methods are regularly compared to conversion therapy amongst north county residents. This could very well have happened to him, the fact that he started talking about it after spending the holidays in san diego with his family genuinely scares me… please don’t make jokes about it."

by Anonymousreply 49January 26, 2023 12:15 AM

R48 Boring and by the book answers. Not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 50January 26, 2023 1:35 AM

Archuleta needs to talk to this kid about escaping abusive homophobic religion and how to get the fuck out. He's still young and impressionable. Fuck a career, I'm worried for this kid's life.

by Anonymousreply 51January 26, 2023 2:18 AM

Hopefully Archuleta will also talk sense into Brandon Flowers too who got sucked deeper into his LDS religion despite being irreligious for years.

by Anonymousreply 52January 26, 2023 8:04 PM

His Instagram story right now is all about Jesus and going to church and seeing God. It seems he got sucked back into his parent's abusive cult. They likely got to him when he was hospitalized for heart failure and septic shock and almost died. And I think he wasn't mentally prepared for the homophobic backlash of coming out and speaking on his sexual abuse. I'm getting ex-gay vibes unfortunately. I hope that cult gets exposed, San Diego residents on social media have been spilling the tea on it and how pedophilia is rampant. His parents are sick people and should be in jail.

by Anonymousreply 53January 30, 2023 4:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 30, 2023 4:50 PM

[quote] two of his “encounters” with Jesus

Yep he's lost it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 30, 2023 4:51 PM

This is sad. I hope he gets some real help soon, because anyone who thinks Jesus switched on a lamp for them hasn't received real help.

by Anonymousreply 56January 30, 2023 4:55 PM

His favorite song is “by me?” Tacky.

by Anonymousreply 57January 30, 2023 4:59 PM

Two encounters? They flipped?

by Anonymousreply 58January 30, 2023 4:59 PM

wow Jesus you look a lot like my dad in a fake beard!

by Anonymousreply 59January 30, 2023 5:06 PM

His collapse is in full swing.

by Anonymousreply 60January 30, 2023 5:07 PM

Is it Calvary Chapel? They're a cultlike Evangelical Christian sect based in California. Many CCM singers have ties and they also a lot of produced Evangelical kids media. My non-denominational upbringing makes me familiar with them. I think Katy Perry may had ties to them too. Another cult is Hillsong and plus there's tons of Mormons in California too. There's a Catholic cult called Opus Dei as well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 30, 2023 5:11 PM

How old is he? At what age does schizophrenia often present?

by Anonymousreply 62January 30, 2023 5:29 PM

What a cute kid! Hope he finds his way to genuine happiness.

by Anonymousreply 63January 30, 2023 6:13 PM

He’s in his early 20s, just at the right age, R62.

by Anonymousreply 64January 30, 2023 7:33 PM

R64 He seemed to have endured horrific sexual abuse and his family apparently was very upset at him coming out, talking about the abuse and probably were going to shun him. Even though he has money, I don't think he has friends or a strong social network to fall back. He lacks an identity and a sense of purpose. His parents controlled his life and pushed him into singing and acting. These cults use trauma bonding and gaslighting to control you into adulthood. He does seem mentally ill and being abused repeatedly can trigger that. Religion may be the only thing keeping him from killing himself. I don't know if he's schizophrenic but many do become religious fanatics and sexual abuse does increase the odds of psychosis.

by Anonymousreply 65January 30, 2023 7:39 PM

Isn't he the ex of that pop singer who wrote an album shitting on him, which resulted in him getting massive hatred? I remember one story about him being in a coffee shop and the staff played her album repeatedly until he left. I doubt that helped his mental health all that much. Hopefully karma comes for the bitch who started it all for a shitty pop album.

by Anonymousreply 66January 30, 2023 7:56 PM

He was way out of her league lookswise too. He was in the hospital suffering from heart complications and that album was playing everywhere and he was extremely demonized and cyberbullied. He probably came out to cool off the hate and let Olivia's unhinged fans know it was a PR relationship and that bitch was a beard. Pop stans are deranged

by Anonymousreply 67January 30, 2023 8:00 PM

I hardly ever agree with T Swift with her behavior, but her cold-shouldering Rodrigo after miss girl claimed Swift was her favorite artist felt like vindication. Don't come out the gate writing shitty songs about your high school PR showmance when you know damn good and well your partner in it is vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 68January 31, 2023 1:25 AM

2 encounters with Jesus? Were they in the back alley or the men's room? R55

by Anonymousreply 69January 31, 2023 1:37 AM

[quote] i typed "Jesus is the way"

[quote] nothing happened

[quote] then i added

[quote] "Jesus is the *only* way"

[quote] and the light turned on in my living room

Its sad he's going down this path and I hope he gets out before going too far. But this is one of the most hilarious reasons for becoming a born again Christian I've ever seen. Josh you need an electrician not a pastor

by Anonymousreply 70January 31, 2023 1:47 AM

Has he repented for trying the gay, or do we know if it’s gone that far?

by Anonymousreply 71January 31, 2023 2:43 AM

R71 It's coming, give it time. He'll claim he was confused after being torn apart in the media from his ex and that led him to men, now he's back to his one true man: Jesus H.

by Anonymousreply 72January 31, 2023 2:53 AM

JESUS, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 73January 31, 2023 3:23 AM

Are we sure he didn't mean Jesús, the Mexican man who maintains his lawn?

by Anonymousreply 74January 31, 2023 3:26 AM

He seems like a very sweet person from interviews I've watched. I think he actually gained most of his fans from opening up about his abuse and sexuality. That vulnerability made people with similar backgrounds sympathetic. That's why they are expressing concerns on his mental health because for any of us experienced with fundamentalism. That pivot back into fanaticism especially after leaving indicates something serious went down.

by Anonymousreply 75January 31, 2023 9:51 AM

It sounds like religion is helping him in his life, so far, and it obviously helps a lot in the afterlife, so let’s wait and see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 76January 31, 2023 10:18 AM

^obviously

by Anonymousreply 77January 31, 2023 12:49 PM

R76 is also crazy.

by Anonymousreply 78January 31, 2023 12:55 PM

R76 if you can’t see that he’s being sucked into the cult of religion versus just casual dipping, you need to take off the blinders.

by Anonymousreply 79January 31, 2023 1:00 PM

[quote]R42: The issue isn't whether he existed or not but the question of divinity.

Um, no it isn't, unless believers are setting the terms for the discussion, giving divinity a position of merit that it doesn't deserve. There is no divinity, full stop. The only thing left is the question of existence, and there's no evidence for that.

[quote]Muhammad and Joseph Smith existed but that doesn't mean they were divine prophets either.

Joseph Smith existed, but not in the way LDS depict him. Muhammad, not so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 31, 2023 1:18 PM

r76If he was vaguely well adjusted yeah maybe. But Bassett has who knows how much religious based trauma from his fucked up family, and some sort of right wing Christian youth theatre group (America is fucking weird) has had an Olivia Rodrigo induced rough few years, there's like one season of HSM left at most. Then one week after Christmas presumably which he spent with said fucked up family he's now mentioning meeting Jesus multiple times and his personality in general seems to have done a complete 180. There's not a single thing about any of that that says healthy.

by Anonymousreply 81January 31, 2023 2:30 PM

Anyone that thinks this pivot is natural and healthy is either a cultist themselves or a frau stan.

by Anonymousreply 82January 31, 2023 3:38 PM

Christians who are more on the spiritual, liberal and tolerant side aren't the ones to proselytize on the streets or social media. That's more Evangelical or cultish sects that want to increase membership and usually have an apocalyptic side. The good Christians often do charity, advocacy, activism and volunteer work and only bring up their faith when asked or want to acknowledge it but usually at an appropriate time (like an award ceremony). Dolly Parton is one of those social gospel types who lets her deeds speak for her.

by Anonymousreply 83January 31, 2023 8:57 PM

Team Olivia!

by Anonymousreply 84January 31, 2023 9:18 PM

[quote]Christians who are more on the spiritual, liberal and tolerant side aren't the ones to proselytize on the streets or social media.

So they are CINOs? There's a lot of non-believers like that.

by Anonymousreply 85February 1, 2023 12:31 AM

[quote]the tongue is a sword, for better or for worse, and our actions leave a stain -R2

So Bassett babe, being rimmed makes you cum all over the furniture regardless of tongue skills?

by Anonymousreply 86February 1, 2023 2:21 AM

r84 I mean personally I'd sooner side with Satan over a wanna be Taylor Swift who fucked over her mentally ill showmance ex just for a shitty song like Drivers License.

by Anonymousreply 87February 1, 2023 2:21 AM

R87 Fuck off, Granddad, she is neato.

by Anonymousreply 88February 1, 2023 2:43 AM

r88 The twitter fangirl to DL pipeline is real.

by Anonymousreply 89February 1, 2023 3:00 AM

His whole breakdown saga sure is boring sometimes. He needs to smash some car windows or run around LA naked like the “Kony 2012” guy. Remember that!? People on the internet really believed they were changing the world back then. Simpler times.

by Anonymousreply 90February 1, 2023 4:20 AM

Aaron Carter had the most epic breakdowns. It's still sad he couldn't pull through. Lohan seems to have gotten her act together. Britney is a lost cause. Miley Cyrus on the other hand, faked her breakdowns for media attention and promotion of her music.

by Anonymousreply 91February 1, 2023 10:48 AM

He attended Spotify's Best New Artist Party and is looking very femme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92February 3, 2023 11:10 PM

R92 Placing bets that the return to Christian cultism is a stunt for an album release. It's giving stunt queen desperation

by Anonymousreply 93February 3, 2023 11:55 PM

r92 Its cool he took his pastor to the award ceremony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 4, 2023 1:49 AM

This makes me so sad. Joshua seemed to be on the way to recovery from the child abuse he experienced. He also seemed to accept his sexuality, I assume with the help of his therapist. He also has gay friends. What will happen now that he is born again? I assume it's not a "be kind to gays" church either. Sounds like an evangelical fundie type. I fear he's connecting his child abuse experience with being bi/gay, and making being bi or gay seem "dirty". What's sad is he's now back in the church where it's likely the child abuse started. Sigh. I also assume his religious parents are happy now. This is David Archuleta all over again. He needs to break free from his parents and the church, only then will he accept himself and find real happiness.

by Anonymousreply 95February 6, 2023 4:59 AM

R92 damn he is stunning there, so beautiful. Who's the lucky bastard next to him?

by Anonymousreply 96February 6, 2023 7:25 AM

Who is his Latino companion?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97February 6, 2023 11:58 AM

New manager, maybe? Someone claimed that he fired his management team recently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98February 6, 2023 12:03 PM

If post award afterparties at In-N-Out Burger are the best his new manager can arrange I'm not sure he's made the wisest career move.

by Anonymousreply 99February 6, 2023 12:33 PM

Has his TV show finished filming its season? Is it likely to be the final one? The glittery outfit above suggests he hasn't gone ex-gay yet. Maybe he's just joined the church when Carl Bean used to preach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100February 6, 2023 12:37 PM

Is he a Disney person? Never heard of him.

by Anonymousreply 101February 6, 2023 12:38 PM

The late Carl Bean. (Estelle Brown was a co-worked of Cissy Houston's in The Sweet Inspirations.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102February 6, 2023 12:39 PM

He didn't take down any of his sexy photos from his Instagram. Nor backtracked on his sexuality. So he's a Jesus-loving openly gay twink (not rare these days, you see it a lot on social media). Look at him wearing that sexy glam outfit and getting all close to his manager with bedroom eyes in those photos. You can love Jesus and dick simultaneously.

by Anonymousreply 103February 6, 2023 12:39 PM

[Quote] Is he a Disney person? Never heard of him.

Disney Plus.

by Anonymousreply 104February 6, 2023 12:39 PM

It's is weird that his post came around Christmastime, which he apparently spent with family. His father sounds cuckoo, no?

by Anonymousreply 105February 6, 2023 12:40 PM

R105 He should distance himself from them. They clearly are toxic and abusive parents. Where were they when he was being raped repeatedly as a child in the cult? They probably either ignored it or blamed him and told him to pray about it. He must be a very forgiving person. These type of parents will never accept him.

by Anonymousreply 106February 6, 2023 12:50 PM

I SO wanna eat his hairy ass!

by Anonymousreply 107February 6, 2023 12:59 PM

He doesn't seem all that hairy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 6, 2023 1:36 PM

A bit too pretty for me.

by Anonymousreply 109February 6, 2023 1:46 PM

I get the feeling if he wasn't put on a Disney show that was successful. He'd end up being in gay porn.

by Anonymousreply 110February 6, 2023 2:01 PM

R95 At least Archuleta realized he was going down a destructive path and broke off his engagements to innocent women. The difference between him and Joshua is their family. Archuleta's got a whole side of his family that supports him and left the religion due to the homophobia. Joshua's parents and family all seem to be deep in the woo woo. I worry he doesn't have the support to get out and sustain that loss.

by Anonymousreply 111February 7, 2023 2:58 PM

I'm getting the impression that he's a bit of a stunt queen. He has a "big story" to promote every project he has.

by Anonymousreply 112February 7, 2023 6:37 PM

[Quote] I get the feeling if he wasn't put on a Disney show that was successful. He'd end up being in gay porn.

I don't get that impression at all. He doesn't project a stong sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 113February 8, 2023 1:25 PM

Is he related to Caroline Bessette Kennedy?

by Anonymousreply 114February 8, 2023 2:45 PM

His mother ran for office as a Republican. I don't think she succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 115February 8, 2023 3:09 PM

"I can't understand why the people of San Diego didn't want my brand of Republicanis- JOSHUA STOP CRYING AND KEEP READING FROM LEVITICUS!"

by Anonymousreply 116February 8, 2023 3:20 PM

Will Tim Federle continue to employ him? Will he craft a Gays For Jesus vehicle for Joshua?

by Anonymousreply 117February 8, 2023 3:24 PM

R117 They've already filmed season 4 of HSMTMTS so he's safe for now

by Anonymousreply 118February 9, 2023 3:26 AM

Sounds similar to 12 step shame and self flagellation

by Anonymousreply 119February 9, 2023 3:35 AM

I fully expect him to show up with a girlfriend in the near future. Probably someone he met at church.

by Anonymousreply 120February 9, 2023 7:29 AM

Even after he wore that glittery ensemble with the cutouts at that recent music event?

by Anonymousreply 121February 9, 2023 7:58 AM

Everyone dresses like a rentboy at those things these days so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122February 9, 2023 9:01 AM

Oof. Who did Ashen's beat?

by Anonymousreply 123February 9, 2023 9:03 AM

r123 I'm picturing the hell if they'd announced Asher Angel as best artist now.

by Anonymousreply 124February 9, 2023 9:14 AM

Dressing gay is the norm in the red carpet for young men, especially the straight ones. It's how they get the cameras to pay them any attention.

I don't think Joshua has gone back on his "God is the only way" brainwashing. I'm more surprised it didn't seem like there were religious posts on his Instagram stories this week. It seems to always happens on Sundays, which is probably when he goes to church, or whatever the conversion therapy department refers itself as.

by Anonymousreply 125February 9, 2023 10:11 AM

Joshua should watch this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 9, 2023 2:01 PM

Baptism. Can DL inform me about Bethel Church?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127February 13, 2023 6:38 PM

Eek.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128February 13, 2023 6:39 PM

Isn't that the Church that prayed for days for a two year old to get resurrected

by Anonymousreply 129February 13, 2023 6:41 PM

Jesus is why we can't have nice things.

by Anonymousreply 130February 13, 2023 6:43 PM

r127 AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE NAKED FOR A BAPTISM? BOOOOO! I HATE THIS CHURCH ALREADY!

by Anonymousreply 131February 13, 2023 6:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132February 13, 2023 6:49 PM

R132 so he endorses some of them and his heart is for Christ alone . That doesn't sound any better .

by Anonymousreply 133February 13, 2023 6:52 PM

I love the replies of relief to his apology tweet. His fans are on the edge of their seats.

by Anonymousreply 134February 13, 2023 6:56 PM

Interesting tweet from Joshua... It rather conforms to my impression that overall he's more ambitious than anything.

by Anonymousreply 135February 13, 2023 6:57 PM

Part of his spiel to the pastor, the "truth" thing, sounded exactly like his father's phrasing.

by Anonymousreply 136February 13, 2023 7:00 PM

I think he's killing his career. He'll only find work at GAC Family now after that Disney show ends. Christian media makes a ton of money though

by Anonymousreply 137February 13, 2023 7:07 PM

Is he killing it, though? He was quick to put out the fire about Bethel Church's beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 138February 13, 2023 7:12 PM

R138 In any career, it's best to keep your spiritual beliefs to yourself. He's evangelizing nonstop on social media and the fact he's gay and open about his abuse isn't helping because many people only started paying him attention after he came out. All he is showing is he is a very lost person who is easily manipulated. The best thing for him is to seek professional therapy, come to terms that his family is not helpful and take a break from fame. But I can't see him doing that.

by Anonymousreply 139February 13, 2023 7:31 PM

Nonstop? Only a few posts have been mentioned here.

by Anonymousreply 140February 13, 2023 7:34 PM

He has never said that he's gay. Zach Sang asked if he was comfortable with the Queen label and Joshua answerd in the affirmative.

by Anonymousreply 141February 13, 2023 7:35 PM

[Quote] All he is showing is he is a very lost person who is easily manipulated.

Would a very lost person be so quick to distance themself from a church like that? I've no doubt that he's struggling spiritually but I think he still has his eyes on the prize. He has the fourth season of HSMTMTS to promote. And most of that cast is openly gay/bi. He's not shitting where he eats quite yet.

by Anonymousreply 142February 13, 2023 7:36 PM

[Quote] The best thing for him is to seek professional therapy

He already has. Twenty years of programming is very hard to undo.

He was touting a podcast during the interview below. I wonder if it never came out because it might expose his family members to scorn (his childhood abuse etc.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143February 13, 2023 7:38 PM

R141 So? He's still not straight. Fundies don't differentiate gay and bisexual people. Bisexuality and homosexuality regardless are considered sins. He's still denying himself a happy relationship, happy sex life and just adding to his guilt and trauma. Many people who were molested by the same sex and are sexually attracted to the same sex often blame that attraction on being abused. Christian fundies constantly tell gay men we've been molested and thus sexualize all male affection. And seek to correct this through prayer and conversion therapy. He could join an Episcopalian or Lutheran or Presbyterian church that is LGBT affirming, pro-science and more productive to actual spiritual growth but he chose an Evangelical megachurch cult. These megachurches are all based on emotion and guilt because they're big businesses.

by Anonymousreply 144February 13, 2023 7:40 PM

R132 Chose to visit said church but did not know about their shitty policies? Uh huh, sure...

Someone should just go ahead and ask him how his feelings about the gays now and see how that goes.

by Anonymousreply 145February 13, 2023 7:41 PM

R145 Exactly either he's very stupid and didn't research or he is on their side of "loving the sinner but hating the sin." He was barely known before his emotional coming out story and his behavior is alienating what fanbase he had. He's going to end up with a mostly Christian fundie fanbase and his fans who are pro gay will abandon him and seem to be doing so. In this time period, where gay rights are being threatened. People aren't going to be as forgiving if he keeps "accidently" endorsing these homophobic churches

by Anonymousreply 146February 13, 2023 7:44 PM

What the ever loving shit? Yeah no way in hell did he accidently stumble into a church this batshit on baptism day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147February 13, 2023 7:51 PM

[Quote] He's still denying himself a happy relationship, happy sex life and just adding to his guilt and trauma

How? He hasn't said he's gay. Church types would love him to find a woman and if he's not gay, that may be a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 148February 13, 2023 7:53 PM

[Quote] Chose to visit said church but did not know about their shitty policies? Uh huh, sure...

Are you kidding? Many churches have big signs out side. That may be all he read. Anyway, whether he agreed or not, he has been quick to distance himself. That's more telling.

by Anonymousreply 149February 13, 2023 7:54 PM

After coming out, Joshua continued to have female love interests in his music videos. Some of you who were hoping for him to identify as gay may stay disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 150February 13, 2023 7:56 PM

[quote] i was unaware of some of their policies and beliefs, and do not endorse all of them.

r149 I wouldn't exactly call that a full throated condemnation.

by Anonymousreply 151February 13, 2023 7:57 PM

R148 You can't be serious? Do you understand bisexuality? It's not half-gay or half-straight. Many bisexuals lean heavily to one sex. Many even prefer the same sex. From everything he's told us, he hasn't enjoyed a loving or consensual sexual relationship to a man his age. He said he's attracted to men. That's why he identified as LGBT. So you think he meant lesbian or trans?

R149 Just stop it. It's the 21st century you can easily look up churches that are affirming or not online. Stop excusing him. You sound like you're in love with him.

R150 Most of his fanbase are women. Music videos are fiction, it's called acting. You're so lazy with your arguments. You sound like a fangirl

by Anonymousreply 152February 13, 2023 7:58 PM

To the ridiculous fangirl who keeps making excuses for Joshua. There's dozens of gay-affirming churches in Los Angeles and easily searchable on Google. He is brainwashed by his family's cult and is trying to save face because likely pressure from his agents. Let's see how he acts in the future and what future congregation he'll slide into. I'm disappointed so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153February 13, 2023 8:09 PM

[Quote] I wouldn't exactly call that a full throated condemnation.

I never said it was. I pointed out that he cares enough to put out a statement. That doesn't make me conclude that he doesn't have fucked up beliefs. He was homeschooled. There's a lot of poison running through his brain, I've no doubt. But I don't think he's reeling in quite the way some have suggested.

by Anonymousreply 154February 13, 2023 8:10 PM

Weren't we told that he fired his reps before Xmas?

by Anonymousreply 155February 13, 2023 8:11 PM

[Quote] Many bisexuals lean heavily to one sex.

Sure. But he has sent a message by having female love interests in his music videos even after coming out. He could be gay as a goose. But that's not the message he's sending.

by Anonymousreply 156February 13, 2023 8:12 PM

[Quote] Most of his fanbase are women. Music videos are fiction, it's called acting. You're so lazy with your arguments. You sound like a fangirl

Nope. You have a bias. I've never suggested that he's one or the other. I've referenced how he identifies. There's a distinction. I also pointed out the image that he's been keen to project.

by Anonymousreply 157February 13, 2023 8:13 PM

Proud of him.

by Anonymousreply 158February 13, 2023 8:14 PM

R156 Being gay is not marketable at all. Why would he make music videos with male love interests when gay men aren't buying his music? Most male pop artists are supported by straight women because there's way more money and bigger demographic. And many young girls dislike bisexuality. He's just playing smart.

by Anonymousreply 159February 13, 2023 8:15 PM

R157 You're really invested in defending him. Hi Joshua!

by Anonymousreply 160February 13, 2023 8:16 PM

He's not playing smart. Have you heard his music? It's not commercial. Very twee.

by Anonymousreply 161February 13, 2023 8:19 PM

[Quote] And many young girls dislike bisexuality

The ones who support his coming out would squee at a Call Me By Your Name time music video from him.

by Anonymousreply 162February 13, 2023 8:20 PM

R162 I don't think so. He's conventionally goodlooking and women want to fuck him. The presence of a woman already fuels jealousy, so the presence of another goodlooking guy would be too much for teen girls. TV shows, movies and yaoi are different than music videos, they're divorced from reality. Music videos promote a persona of the person that is marketed. Even if it's just as fake as the former.

by Anonymousreply 163February 13, 2023 8:26 PM

He had the lead from Love, Simon as his love rival in his last music video. He knows what fanbase he's trying to entice.

by Anonymousreply 164February 13, 2023 8:28 PM

*Love, Victor

by Anonymousreply 165February 13, 2023 8:29 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166February 13, 2023 10:12 PM

QUE ?

by Anonymousreply 167February 13, 2023 10:21 PM

r166 He's friends with Jack Dylan Grazer? Is that some sort of "I regret coming out club"?

by Anonymousreply 168February 13, 2023 10:22 PM

He's still promoting them by keeping these posts up that contain the watermark to their indoctrination website.

by Anonymousreply 169February 13, 2023 10:22 PM

He clearly doesn't want to be gay or bi. And he clearly doesn't give a shit about this church's homophobia and he's still close to his homophobia parents. Self-hate is very real. I expect a fundie girlfriend and wife soon with a joint Instagram account to promote "Jesus saves" merch..

by Anonymousreply 170February 13, 2023 10:28 PM

If he goes that route, he'll wait until High School Musical is cancelled. (Or will Tim Federle kill him off?)

by Anonymousreply 171February 13, 2023 10:32 PM

Grant Knoche is bisexual. Maybe he'll find Joshua a better church if he attends.

by Anonymousreply 172February 13, 2023 10:34 PM

This subreddit is interesting. Former Evangelicals raised in fundie sects gather together and discuss how much corruption goes on in these cults. They have some knowledge of Bethel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173February 14, 2023 12:17 AM

His father wrote this book. The description:

Here's the most important question you'll ever answer: Of the sum total of your Christian knowledge, what percentage of it is owing to what somebody told you the Bible said, and what percentage is owing to what you've personally read in context for yourself? Your answer to that question will determine how susceptible you are to being deceived by cults, false teachings, and false religions, leading to a false worldview and eventually eternal damnation. I know. I was lost and blind, and I believed I knew the truth. But for the grace of God, all that I was taught and believed would have destroyed me. Here's the story of how I practiced the deadly deception of the New Age yet was mercifully rescued from damnation by God himself unto forgiveness, salvation, and eternal life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174February 14, 2023 12:31 AM

Fauxomi comment has some info:

He left home when he was at 16 from what I can understand. Didn’t seem like he had any parental support given that he’s said in interviews that he lived in his car as a teenager. He mentioned in an interview with zach sang last year that he moved out following an incredibly traumatic moment in his life. Apparently, a teacher at the christian youth theater he was apart of basically outed him by spreading rumors about his relationship with a guy who at the time was grooming joshua. From how he described it, it seemed like people were more concerned about the fact that he might’ve dated a guy then the fact that the guy was 6-7 years older than him. Immediately following that he landed his first disney show, and left home for good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175February 14, 2023 12:33 AM

What deadly deception is Papa Bassett talking about? Joshua said his CSA was perpetrated by someone close to the family. A pastor?

by Anonymousreply 176February 14, 2023 12:34 AM

[Quote] the guy was 6-7 years older than him.

Joshua said that he was 13/14, and the other guy was 17/18.

by Anonymousreply 177February 14, 2023 12:35 AM

Is Dad Bassett also an ex-fag?

by Anonymousreply 178February 14, 2023 12:36 AM

"Truth Studen." Bleugh.

by Anonymousreply 179February 14, 2023 12:38 AM

R177 Maybe it was more than one person or Joshua lowered the age? He is very much still big on his image and doesn't want to throw his awful family under the bus. Even though they haven't done shit for him. Stockholm syndrome is real

by Anonymousreply 180February 14, 2023 12:42 AM

In the Zach Sang interview, Joshua said that he was abused as a child, by someone close to his family. He later had experiences with another teenager at a Christian theatre camp.

by Anonymousreply 181February 14, 2023 12:43 AM

He said the childhood abuse was very young, like six years old.

by Anonymousreply 182February 14, 2023 12:44 AM

Who knows what to believe? I don't think even Joshua can keep his story straight. I think he's not telling the whole picture.

by Anonymousreply 183February 14, 2023 12:46 AM

You think old Dad was the culprit?

by Anonymousreply 184February 14, 2023 12:47 AM

I wonder if Joshua will seek out the love of an Old lady, like his old friend Ricky Garcia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185February 14, 2023 12:49 AM

R184 Probably or one of his friends. Joshua is unpredictable and this could born-again phase could end and he may finally break free and seek justice. Like a previous poster mentioned the fact he was quick to apologize and acknowledge his ignorance of that cult may show he can think somewhat as an individual.

by Anonymousreply 186February 14, 2023 12:51 AM

He seemed really together in the Zach Sang interview. His music may not be lighting up the charts but he's been able to tour on it. And his TV show is in its fourth year. I guess with the homeschooling, he has had relatively few years on his own. I wonder who was part of his posse when he moved to New York.

by Anonymousreply 187February 14, 2023 12:54 AM

These Evangelical cults are sneaky. I didn't even know they baptized people who show up on the first day. They move quick to get people hooked. I'm just happy people are fleeing and exposing these evil organizations. Their tax exempt status needs to be revoked. Churches should pay taxes because they are run like multilevel marketing schemes.

by Anonymousreply 188February 14, 2023 12:55 AM

Do these big cults in California just pay off the local government? We know Scientology definitely does. What's with California and all these Evangelical cults? You'd be think a "liberal shit hole" while Cali would have them migrate over but they flourish there.

by Anonymousreply 189February 14, 2023 1:07 AM

Well, lots of people come to Cali to make it but most don't... Desperate people do desperate things...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190February 14, 2023 1:12 AM

R188, in the Bible, people who repented and confessed faith in Jesus Christ as Lord God and Savior were often immediately baptized by the Church. In the NT era it was unheard of to separate baptism from faith in Christ for such a long period. Baptism occurred either immediately after or very soon after people believed. The short interval between faith and baptism is evident from numerous examples in the book of Acts (Acts 2:41; 8:12–13; 8:38; 9:18; 10:48; 16:15,33; 18:8; 19:5). It’s biblical.

by Anonymousreply 191February 14, 2023 1:17 AM

R190 my academic theory is that unlike on the East where education, bureaucracy and tradition is highly valued due to being a historically older and highly urbanized region. California and the Southwest like Texas, Utah, Wyoming and Colorado appealed to people who didn't want to play by society's rules and were antigovernment. So crazy and antisocial people with individualistic mindsets created their own communes and cults and the open frontier and live-and-let-die mentality allowed it to flourish. But of course this opened up the doors for tons of abuse to go underreported.

by Anonymousreply 192February 14, 2023 1:21 AM

Joshy-boy needs to research the next church he attends. He's a grown-ass adult now and this information is easily obtainable with a simple Google search. He's getting called out because he has little to no excuse for this besides willful ignornace.

From Bethel's Sexuality page (yes they have one):

Scripture Tells Us How to Think and Behave as Sexual Beings

Sex and sin are not synonymous. God made us sexual beings before sin was a factor. This was the blessing that He called “very good” (Gen. 1:31 NIV) and He has given us boundaries about how to express ourselves sexually. The Bible consistently addresses the complexity of our sexuality as a result of our sin. God knows that the development of our sexuality is dependent on our family, community, and culture. Human sexuality has few natural limitations; one may act sexually with anyone or anything and in any setting if we are not socialized about what is healthy and expected. Knowing this, God has taught us His values. ‍ As a model for all of humanity, God socialized Israel in the proper and healthy expression of sex. Just as any other pleasure in life, like rest, work, eating, or alcohol, sex can be wonderful or destructive. He had to teach Israel that sex with one’s parents or children wasn’t acceptable, nor was sex with someone else’s spouse, sex with the same gender, sex for sale, sex in ritual worship, sex outside of marriage, sex with animals, sex in a group, and forcing sex on another—all were unacceptable to God, no matter how tempting or desirable. As we read this list, we may feel we have already embraced most of the Lord’s ways or naturally complied to many of these boundaries, but they are all values we have learned. Humans didn’t invent these guidelines in an evolutionary process or by imagining their ideal experience; rather they came from divine revelation. God taught us how to socialize one another and steward the gift of sex to create healthy people and societies. ‍ The refusal to acknowledge and honor God leads to disconnection from reality. The lie that He doesn’t exist, can’t be known, has no rightful demands on us, and/or that we are not accountable to God creates a web of untruth in society as we invent new meanings for life and vie for power and pleasure. Our thoughts, emotions, and wills become distorted and unreliable guides in such a way that we worship created things rather than worshipping the Creator (Rom. 1:25). ‍ God deeply values freedom because it is part of being made in His image and is necessary if we are to truly love and become like Christ. Worshipping things other than God eventually leads to lust—the enshrinement of desire as the focus of life—and it is idolatry. Eventually, lust enslaves people as they define themselves predominantly by their desires rather than God’s heart and purpose. Instead of consistently intervening, He will allow individuals and societies to stubbornly experience sin’s damaging effects—even to the point where it distorts their humanity (Rom. 1:24). God takes the gifts of free will and love very seriously and will not coerce devotion. ‍ The multitude of possible gender identities and the normalization of same-sex sexual behavior points to a society that has abandoned the desire to accurately define and socialize humanity as a reflection of God’s image—humanity created as male and female, alike but different, who produce offspring of like kind (Gen. 1:26-28). They have suppressed and distorted something built into the fabric of creation, and this is not healthy (Rom. 1:21-23). For the sake of respect and communication throughout this statement, we have referenced “LGBTQ”; but these labels merely describe a subjective and often fluid experience that belies the objective truth of our male and female biology.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193February 14, 2023 2:46 AM

Joshy-boy needs to research the next church he attends. He's a grown-ass adult now and this information is easily obtainable with a simple Google search. He's getting called out because he has little to no excuse for this besides willful ignorance.

From Bethel's Sexuality page (yes they have one):

Scripture Tells Us How to Think and Behave as Sexual Beings

Sex and sin are not synonymous. God made us sexual beings before sin was a factor. This was the blessing that He called “very good” (Gen. 1:31 NIV) and He has given us boundaries about how to express ourselves sexually. The Bible consistently addresses the complexity of our sexuality as a result of our sin. God knows that the development of our sexuality is dependent on our family, community, and culture. Human sexuality has few natural limitations; one may act sexually with anyone or anything and in any setting if we are not socialized about what is healthy and expected. Knowing this, God has taught us His values. ‍

As a model for all of humanity, God socialized Israel in the proper and healthy expression of sex. Just as any other pleasure in life, like rest, work, eating, or alcohol, sex can be wonderful or destructive. He had to teach Israel that sex with one’s parents or children wasn’t acceptable, nor was sex with someone else’s spouse, sex with the same gender, sex for sale, sex in ritual worship, sex outside of marriage, sex with animals, sex in a group, and forcing sex on another—all were unacceptable to God, no matter how tempting or desirable. As we read this list, we may feel we have already embraced most of the Lord’s ways or naturally complied to many of these boundaries, but they are all values we have learned. Humans didn’t invent these guidelines in an evolutionary process or by imagining their ideal experience; rather they came from divine revelation. God taught us how to socialize one another and steward the gift of sex to create healthy people and societies. ‍

The refusal to acknowledge and honor God leads to disconnection from reality. The lie that He doesn’t exist, can’t be known, has no rightful demands on us, and/or that we are not accountable to God creates a web of untruth in society as we invent new meanings for life and vie for power and pleasure. Our thoughts, emotions, and wills become distorted and unreliable guides in such a way that we worship created things rather than worshipping the Creator (Rom. 1:25).

‍ God deeply values freedom because it is part of being made in His image and is necessary if we are to truly love and become like Christ. Worshipping things other than God eventually leads to lust—the enshrinement of desire as the focus of life—and it is idolatry. Eventually, lust enslaves people as they define themselves predominantly by their desires rather than God’s heart and purpose. Instead of consistently intervening, He will allow individuals and societies to stubbornly experience sin’s damaging effects—even to the point where it distorts their humanity (Rom. 1:24). God takes the gifts of free will and love very seriously and will not coerce devotion.

‍ The multitude of possible gender identities and the normalization of same-sex sexual behavior points to a society that has abandoned the desire to accurately define and socialize humanity as a reflection of God’s image—humanity created as male and female, alike but different, who produce offspring of like kind (Gen. 1:26-28). They have suppressed and distorted something built into the fabric of creation, and this is not healthy (Rom. 1:21-23). For the sake of respect and communication throughout this statement, we have referenced “LGBTQ”; but these labels merely describe a subjective and often fluid experience that belies the objective truth of our male and female biology.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194February 14, 2023 2:49 AM

Curious, Josh says he fell into addiction, yet he doesn’t say what kind of addiction…

He seems too goody two shoed to try recreational drugs…

Do you think he fell into sex addiction? Like with boys??

by Anonymousreply 195February 14, 2023 3:02 AM

Porn Addiction.

by Anonymousreply 196February 14, 2023 3:06 AM

It's funny you can't even discuss him on LPSG because the mods ban any discussion on "underage" fictional characters and they also are very strict on any discussion on religion or mental health. So LPSG can't provide any further info. Ironically, that's not an issue in the porn star threads. I think Joshy's team sent out threats to LPSG

by Anonymousreply 197February 14, 2023 3:16 AM

Probably not. LPSG has a lot of Gen Z types for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 198February 14, 2023 3:18 AM

Gen Z has got to be the least gay-friendly generation since the early wave of Boomers. It's crazy. I'm a millennial and never thought the generation after would be so anti-gay. They'll do anything to avoid the gay label, sure they'll be "bi", "queer" and "LGBTQ" but plain ol' gay seems like an insult to them. I still hear "gay" and "fag" as insults thrown around by teens.

by Anonymousreply 199February 14, 2023 3:24 AM

His tour is starting. Lots of interviews, etc., lots of ad-libbing at concerts.

She better hurry up and pick an identity NOW.

by Anonymousreply 200February 14, 2023 4:26 AM

Jack Dylan Grazer cheering this on is interesting. For anyone who thought him coming out as bi was genuine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201February 14, 2023 4:28 AM

R201 Pretty sure JDG tried to walk back his "coming out" a while ago. Think someone on his LPSG thread posted an interview or something. But yeah, anyway, they can both fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 202February 14, 2023 5:16 AM

R170 Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 203February 14, 2023 5:32 AM

[quote] After a video posted on Instagram in which I declared myself bisexual, I received thousands of messages of encouragement and just as many insults. Two years later, I realize I've made a mistake. You can't say anything just because you're famous."

r202 He did. Because people were mean to him. Which is hilarious because its not hurt his career in the slightest and he keeps getting roles outside his talent range, and most of Twitter seems to hate him mostly because they think he slapped around his ex girlfriend not the coming out. So yeah not surprising he' cheering on Josh in this. Once again congratulation to Noah Schnapp for being the only emotionally healthy gay/bi/pan/cocksucker whatever in your entire generation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204February 14, 2023 7:32 AM

Joshua is an adult who needs to choose his own path. Hopefully in a few years, he will come to accept himself. Same with JDG. Unfortunately none of them are mature enough yet to understand all this social media posting and oversharing will haunt them for the rest of their lives. Imagine how much money they will spend to scrub this stuff off the web.

by Anonymousreply 205February 14, 2023 9:48 AM

It’s his right to live in accordance with his most sacred religious beliefs and convictions. No one should interfere or harass him for his faith. Tolerance

by Anonymousreply 206February 14, 2023 11:21 AM

He needs to be steered to a gay affirming church. After his near death experience during Team Olivia's promo campaign, which involved garnering sympathy and relatability for her by painting him as the cheating ex-boyfriend, a campaign that was universally praised in pop culture and the left, and got the support of Taylor Swift; it's no surprise that he would go back to an abusive family and religion. When he came out and described the sexual abuse he suffered, there was barely a splash. The Zoomers and the Left that gleefully shat on him when they wanted to paint him as the straight, white shitty high school boyfriend, were mostly silent, and he ended up with a small fraction of the fans Olivia gained.

by Anonymousreply 207February 14, 2023 12:07 PM

He’s capable of sorting out his faith without steering. He had been studying the Bible and Christianity for a while, and has decided to go public with his faith in Jesus and dedication to living for Him. Respect his faith

by Anonymousreply 208February 14, 2023 12:17 PM

R207 He doesn't need organized religion like Christianity either. There's many religions out there like Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Sikhism, Baha'i and various mystical faiths that are great for your mental health. Christianity as an organized structure can be damaging because the homophobia is so entrenched into it. But there's many mystery traditions of Christianity that reject the dogma and legalistic aspects. Many LGBT affirming churches do exist like you said. But overall, he should investigate other options rather than all he's just familiar with.

by Anonymousreply 209February 14, 2023 12:24 PM

Josh, get back to us once you’ve grown up.

In the meantime, shut your trap.

by Anonymousreply 210February 14, 2023 12:53 PM

R210 Fangurls keep defending him and saying he has the right to be a Christian. But that's not the problem here. He's being immature and impulsive and is clearly very gullible to keep falling into Evangelical gay-hating cults and advertising them even by mistake. Whether he had a spiritual awakening or not. It's in bad taste to keep broadcasting this on social media. I know everyone overshares now but it's not a good thing and reeks of insecurity. People who are spiritually developed are not evangelizing to strangers and telling them God is the way to happiness and can fix addiction and mental illness. You can be religious or spiritual and keep it to yourself not out of fear but because you're confident in your belief.

by Anonymousreply 211February 14, 2023 1:02 PM

Realistically, how will this end?

by Anonymousreply 212February 14, 2023 2:15 PM

Meth?

by Anonymousreply 213February 14, 2023 2:18 PM

In cheers?

by Anonymousreply 214February 14, 2023 2:21 PM

Having come from a non-denominational church affiliated with Evangelicalism. I've seen so many kids like him and dealt with similar issues myself. They'll grow up super religious then move out and become aggressively atheist then reach their early 20s and have a religious awakening and go super hardcore born-again Christian often feeling guilty of years of not attending church and doing typical teen things like experimenting with drugs and sex.

Once they reach their mid to late 20s is when it matters. That's when you either go back and stay with the church and remain intensely devout or leave for good and remain an individual mindset possibly going to a more spiritual side or atheism or agnosticism.

Joshua has plenty of time. But associating with homophobic churches is problematic and hopefully he won't repeat this. He may have suffered abuse but he can't condone religious organizations that abuse minors like how he was.

by Anonymousreply 215February 14, 2023 7:56 PM

I had to unfollow him. This shit is gross. I'm an atheist and anti-religion. I don't really mind Christians, as long as they don't pray for me or some gross shit like that, basically, just keep it to yourself. Faith is supposed to be personal anyway. Also, I don't mind liberal Christians who support gays. I do however mind people like Joshua who join homophobic churches. Fuck him and his homophobia! I hope his career tanks. No way will he get hired as an actor again. Good luck with your next worship album, Joshua! Those are the only "fans" you will have left.

by Anonymousreply 216February 18, 2023 10:09 AM

A lot of his fans seem to have already turned on him due to his "Jesus is the only way" mindset. It seems many of them are either non-religious and don't appreciate him suddenly being outspoken about it, with others who are religious but non-Christian not appreciating him saying that only his religion is the right one.

Add to that him having been raised in a very conservative religious household, being homeschooled to prevent indoctrination being broken, the only extra curricular he was allowed being the Church's theater group, and him having been molested by a member of the Church, and his parents knowing about it and turning a blind eye, him now becoming a devout Christian really soured his image in people's minds. I doubt his already miniscule fame will survive this.

by Anonymousreply 217February 18, 2023 10:56 AM

Screw him and his church. This must be a media ploy ploy.

The kid has to do something a little different to differentiate himself from all the offer early 20 yo sissy floppy-haired post-Disney boys.

by Anonymousreply 218February 18, 2023 11:29 AM

Apparently he tweeted and deleted about church corruption. Did anyone save the tweet?

by Anonymousreply 219February 18, 2023 1:43 PM

This was apparently the tweet:

[Quote] it sickens and saddens me to see the amount of corruption within far too many churches. we must hold them accountable, and to the highest possible standard. please do not mistake those who claim to know God, for the true and perfect creator.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220February 18, 2023 1:56 PM

"Testimony ... Worship ... Word."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221February 18, 2023 2:10 PM

Does the Globe Theatre L.A. host anyone and everyone?

by Anonymousreply 222February 18, 2023 2:12 PM

r221 Yeah he's actually getting dangerous now if he's inviting his fans 99% of who are either impressionable gay or bi's that followed him when he came out or teenage girls to popups run by these lunatics.

by Anonymousreply 223February 18, 2023 2:23 PM

This is what can happen to lads when they don’t have decent tops in their life. That poor young man may not have even received a single, proper dick down yet. He hasn’t been brought to the light, and we may lose him as a result.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224February 18, 2023 3:07 PM

He has said that his experiences at theater camp escalated from J.O. so he's probably no stranger. I think he was also a regular/recurring actor on a TV show from about the age of 16.

by Anonymousreply 225February 18, 2023 3:13 PM

He's seriously messed up if he can't see how wrong this is. He's affiliating with churches that are homophobic with a history of abuse to minors. He is inviting young kids to church services on social media which shows he hasn't given up that brand of Evangelicalism. As a public figure, you should know better than to do that. There's many churches that are open and liberal he can join and especially being in LA. Anyway he is ruining his career by talking nonstop about his religion. You figure out your spirituality in private not try to force it onto the world.

by Anonymousreply 226February 18, 2023 3:28 PM

He apparently has a tour starting in two weeks that he's not promoting in favour of this. Does anyone know anything about his new manager? I'm wondering if he's not a church approved one if he's fine with all this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227February 18, 2023 3:37 PM

"Someone I love."

by Anonymousreply 228February 18, 2023 3:39 PM

r228 Least she's willing to call him out. That's more than you usually get from stan twitter and indeed mist of Josh's fangirls. "You go father Bassett. The Lord is with you" seems to be the current party line

by Anonymousreply 229February 18, 2023 3:52 PM

The hysterical reaction from some may actually push him further toward conservativism. He has a right to live in accordance to his devout religious beliefs, and no amount of smug paternalism, justifies disrespectfully interfering with the practice of another’s sacred religious convictions.

by Anonymousreply 230February 18, 2023 4:01 PM

[Quote] Least she's willing to call him out.

Where is she calling him out. She perceives him as being at his happiest?!

by Anonymousreply 231February 18, 2023 4:05 PM

[quote] the practice of another’s sacred religious convictions.

Inviting impressionable LGB youth and fangirls to a popup for his conversion therapy abortion denying cult brand of Christianity is one of those religious traditions I'm pretty happy to see die I think.

by Anonymousreply 232February 18, 2023 4:06 PM

[Quote] He has a right to live in accordance to his devout religious beliefs

And what are those devout religious beliefs? Lay it out, Joshua.

by Anonymousreply 233February 18, 2023 4:06 PM

Progressive churches lean more towards cerebral, contemplative and doing good works. They don't focus on treating religion as a membership club. So not very appealing to those who are emotionally unbalanced and operate on intense shame and self-loathing. The crazy Evangelical churches are extremely emotionally charged and hook people in with love-bombing and telling them they can redeemed and accepted. They successfully prey on lonely and distraught people.

by Anonymousreply 234February 18, 2023 5:19 PM

R232, did he specifically invite lgbt youth to attend?

by Anonymousreply 235February 18, 2023 5:39 PM

R234, there may be churches that are exploitive, but the reality is that biblical, New Testament Christianity is an exclusive faith in that it makes claims about truth versus lies, heaven versus hell, salvation versus damnation, light versus darkness. Jesus Himself said the path to eternal life is narrow and is only found in Him, nowhere else. So, if you have a problem with the narrowness of Christianity, you really have a problem with Jesus and what He taught.

by Anonymousreply 236February 18, 2023 5:42 PM

R235 who else follows Joshua Bassett on twitter? His fan base are teen girls or young gays. He'll know who follows him when posting this shit on his account.

by Anonymousreply 237February 18, 2023 6:23 PM

Guess we'll have to wait to find out what BS he tries preaching to the people who show up. Although I do highly doubt he'll go the whole "turn away from The Gay" route because that would just be career suicide (if this already hasn't been, that is) but I guess we will see...

by Anonymousreply 238February 18, 2023 6:43 PM

Adam & Eve. Not Adam & Steve.

by Anonymousreply 239February 18, 2023 6:56 PM

[quote] eternal damnation

Do these people understand how cruel, sadistic and inhumane such a belief is. Supposedly from a "loving" God.

I once heard a nun on television say that God loved the people in Hell. A lot of good it does them.

by Anonymousreply 240February 18, 2023 7:03 PM

R220 I don't think he meant that in a corruption corruption sense but more in a sense that (liberal) churches are corrupting the gospel and aren't pure enough .

by Anonymousreply 241February 18, 2023 7:22 PM

R241 The straights can have him. Even when he was a devout Mormon, Archuleta never acted this obnoxious about his faith.

by Anonymousreply 242February 18, 2023 7:24 PM

R240 - hell, as I understand it, is all about free will. There are people who refuse to be in relationship with God in this life. One can imagine that some of those people when presented with the final choice of being with God or not wanting to be with God, would possibly choose to spend eternity without God. This is what he’ll is — the decision to be in the absence of God.

by Anonymousreply 243February 18, 2023 11:09 PM

* hell - not he’ll

by Anonymousreply 244February 18, 2023 11:10 PM

And, R240, it is their choice, not God’s. So yes, God loves the people who may choose to be without him (hell).

by Anonymousreply 245February 18, 2023 11:11 PM

R243 R245 Who in their right mind would choose to subject themselves to the gruesome torments that have described hell over the centuries (and continue today)?

The Church describes the absence of God in Hell as the worst of the sufferings, but next to other descriptions that have been put forth that sounds like deflective bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 246February 18, 2023 11:19 PM

[quote] Who in their right mind would choose to subject themselves to the gruesome torments that have described hell over the centuries (and continue today)?The Church describes the absence of God in Hell as the worst of the sufferings, but next to other descriptions that have been put forth that sounds like deflective bullshit.

The Church never claims that anyone is in hell — just that a state of being exists where people can choose to be in the absence of God. Fire, etc isn’t necessarily part of it.

And I agree with you - who in their right mind would make that choice? But it doesn’t take much imagination to know that there are people who would make that choice. It’s arrogance and pride. I’m sure there are people right here on DL who would choose hell over heaven.

by Anonymousreply 247February 18, 2023 11:27 PM

Heaven is Golden Girls re-runs, right?

by Anonymousreply 248February 18, 2023 11:37 PM

One man’s heaven is another man’s hell, R248.

by Anonymousreply 249February 18, 2023 11:39 PM

Hell is Alice re-runs.

by Anonymousreply 250February 18, 2023 11:40 PM

Hell is the result of people choosing that to love God and make trusting Christ for forgiveness THE priority of their life. It’s where people who wanted to do it their own way instead of God’s way end up getting what they chose.

by Anonymousreply 251February 19, 2023 12:26 AM

Why can't Christians (and Muslims) understand that their religions are only 2000 years old and most of the world was fine without them? Hinduism is a truly ancient religion that still persists today and the focus is acquiring wisdom and reincarnation rather than cowering in fear of gods. Buddhism is a religion that doesn't require fear of a god either. Sikhism also doesn't need the concept of hell or heaven. Most humans were animistic and pluralists who saw gods as representations of elements or ancestral spirits. Whatever punishment humans got it was from their arrogance and greed and disregard for others and nature. Christianity and Islam basically made mankind see themselves as separate from nature and fearful of a Creator God who would punish them eternally. It became about pleasing that one God and obtaining eternal life not focusing on the greater good of humanity. Free will as a concept only exists to shame humanity for Original Sin. Yet it was all God's fault to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 252February 19, 2023 12:38 AM

Has the pop up "show" happened yet? Any reports?

by Anonymousreply 253February 19, 2023 12:41 AM

Because Christians and Muslims truly believe their faiths are true revelations from God, with Christianity encountering a Person first century believers believed to be Divine, God Himself. People who believe in Christ think Jesus is Who He said He is, and that He actually rose from the dead, confirming everything He said about Himself. It’s belief in the historicity of this account that distinguishes believers from nonbelievers.

by Anonymousreply 254February 19, 2023 12:45 AM

I really refuse to believe there are gay men on here who are Christian apologetics. It has to be fraus. Doesn't matter if Catholic or Evangelical or Orthodox. All hate gays. Only the Gnostic/occult, some Mainline Protestant sects and Quaker and heretical forms that oppose Leviticus are worth defending.

by Anonymousreply 255February 19, 2023 12:48 AM

Sounding a little pissy:

[Quote] once and for all: i strongly condemn gay conversion therapy. hate & fear have no place here. what drew me to Christ was an invitation of love. tonight is an invitation of love. safety and sanctuary only! come as you are!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256February 19, 2023 12:50 AM

R256 He losing his followers. The comments are not impressed by this damage control.

by Anonymousreply 257February 19, 2023 12:52 AM

In his mentions, some fans are trying to sell their tickets to his concert tour.

by Anonymousreply 258February 19, 2023 12:58 AM

You also have the defenders r257 saying that if you can't accept this change,then you were never a fan of his to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 259February 19, 2023 1:17 AM

R259 I'm not a fan of his. I don't think he's talented at all. That said, I did follow him because I thought his coming out and talking about his abuse made him brave. Now I'm disappointed he's going back to the type of churches that abused him and continue to abuse minors who are gay. So he can't go jump off a bridge.

by Anonymousreply 260February 19, 2023 1:22 AM

Well, he's clearly spiraling. He tried to build something away from his abusive family but Hollywood "friends" and woke culture turned on him, and now he's back, protecting the family member who once abused him, and using God to justify it.

by Anonymousreply 261February 19, 2023 5:54 AM

Wonder what his other LGBT cast members think of everything happening.

by Anonymousreply 262February 19, 2023 6:01 AM

r262 I know they abandoned him, along with most other cast members, when Driver's License came out. A straight colleague was almost the only one willing to be seen with him at the time. Some were busy Yaas Queening Rodrigo's rise as the new Taylor Swift, but many were just fearful for their careers and being on the wrong side of the mob. After Joshua came out as queer and a sexual abuse survivor, there was some support, but he didn't quite fit in with the blue haired, nose ringed, fat activist crowd; and found himself bursting into tears in front of Uber drivers for a multitude of reasons, I'd assume. Regardless, he was unable to build the support network he needed before Driver's License hit, and never recovered.

by Anonymousreply 263February 19, 2023 6:46 AM

R262 Larry Saperstien,Joshua Colley,Frankie A. Rodriguez,Joe Serafini,Michael Cimino,Shawn Mendes, Noah Schnapp's sister Chloe,Julia Lester,Charlie Puth,a gay german actor, Adam Lambert and probably others so far still follow him on Instagram. Even Attitude magazine so far still follows him on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 264February 19, 2023 7:24 AM

I wonder what Noah thinks about his sister still following Joshua r264? And I wonder about Michael Cimino because he has previously been posting things about bisexuality on his instastories.

by Anonymousreply 265February 19, 2023 8:32 AM

Wasn't he homeschooled? Of course, he's a socially awkward mess.

On the other hand, regular teens and adults have extreme mood swings and jump from one extreme to the next, too.

In life, we may want one thing, but - because of our upbringing - struggle with what we want vs. what is supposedly the right / Christian thing to do.

We all struggle with things. Some of us know how to deal with them in a way to not look like a total mess in public, and some (most?) don't have that particular skill.

by Anonymousreply 266February 19, 2023 9:19 AM

hey kiddies cum get molested at my church!

by Anonymousreply 267February 19, 2023 9:29 AM

To me, it kinda looks like the church is using the fact he has a fanbase to use him as a recruiter. These churches don't really care about anything other than increasing their number of attendees.

by Anonymousreply 268February 19, 2023 10:01 AM

He may aim to go to Christain heaven but will probably land up in Islamic Hindu Jewish or Buddhist hell. He's taking a lot of chances.

by Anonymousreply 269February 19, 2023 10:10 AM

I don't think the Hindus, Jews and Buddhists believe in hell, that's more of a Christian and Islamic thing.

by Anonymousreply 270February 19, 2023 10:25 AM

He’s basically still a child with very little, worthwhile education.

He should get his shit together, and attend a decent university, so that he can pop his head of his own ass, in order to have the ability to question his bullshit faith and religious beliefs that were taught to him by profoundly ignorant people.

If not? He can do it himself, online. He needs to study philosophy and logic. Perhaps he should do something like start listening to podcasts or YouTube videos featuring Hitchens, or Sam Harris.

Either way, there’s a way out of this non sensical bullshit we were taught as children.

It’s NOT real, Joshua. Wake the fuck up already, once & for all. You will be a happier and better man for it. Trust.

by Anonymousreply 271February 19, 2023 11:18 AM

Buddhists and Hindus focus on the present and achieving good karma. They care about the world, the environment and bringing peace because they'll be reincarnated and need the planet to be in harmony for their future lives. Jews don't believe in hell. They believe the souls of the dead are stored in Sheol. Their beliefs are that a Messianic Age will arise and peace will be on Earth and the good souls resurrected to enjoy this.

by Anonymousreply 272February 19, 2023 11:40 AM

[quote] I don't think the Hindus, Jews and Buddhists believe in hell

O rly. Where do you people get your expertise from?

by Anonymousreply 273February 19, 2023 1:55 PM

[Quote] joshua bassett saying he called his dad (who literally supports conversion therapy) to "help him get saved"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274February 19, 2023 4:51 PM

This is probably the most public interest he has had since his ex Olivia, sang a shitty song about their alleged relationship.

It’s looking pretty obvious that this kid isn’t going to have a stellar career in the mainstream entertainment industry.

by Anonymousreply 275February 19, 2023 5:07 PM

R274 Looks like it was deleted

by Anonymousreply 276February 19, 2023 5:21 PM

Does this work?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277February 19, 2023 5:44 PM

R273 Hell and "Original Sin" was created by the Catholic Church to instill fear into the masses and maintain Christianity as a tool for expanding empires. Without the fear of hell, Christianity would not have persisted as long as it did. The original Christians (really Hellenized Apocalyptic Jewish Mystics) were peace-loving mystics who wanted to fight against the Roman bureaucratic corruption by empowering the lower classes, women and slaves and giving them a sense of dignity by promising them an eternal life. Gaining access to the knowledge, meditation, logic, rejecting material objects and politics and other rituals to achieve reach a closer state to God. They believed in the "World to Come" which was a common Jewish belief at the time that a Messianic Age would be triggered and great change and peace could be achieved. Apocalypse means "Revalation" or "To Reveal", not end of the world.

Early Christ followers were heavily influenced by Plato. Jesus and Socrates share a lot of similar characteristics. Many of the Stoics even noted similarity with Early Christians and their beliefs. Also mystery cults like Osiris, Horus, Mithra, Isis, Adonis, Heracles, Dionysus and especially Orpheus and Sol Invictus played a major role in Christianity. Mystery cults were syncretic new religions popular with the poor, slaves, women, outcasts and homosexuals in urban centers because they offered more hope and spiritual development rather than the regular Pantheon and Imperial cult that just was used to maintain the Roman patriarchal bureaucracy. But by the 300s AD though, the Nicene Council did away with majority of the Gnostic Christian sects, made the Trinity the official doctrine and thus the dogmatic Catholic Church was formed and maintained a firm-grip over the Roman Empire and later Medieval Europe. Punishing "heretics" with death and using the "Original Sin" and Hell concept to strike fear into everyone. The Orthodox Church split from the RCC and retained a bit more Gnostic elements and you can see this with their history of mysticism.

by Anonymousreply 278February 19, 2023 5:57 PM

R277 Nope, doesn't work

by Anonymousreply 279February 19, 2023 6:01 PM

R277 He needs to join an Episcopalian church. So many Episcopalian ministers are gay and flaming. He needs to slow down and speak more clearly. You can tell he's nervous and lacks confidence.

by Anonymousreply 280February 19, 2023 6:05 PM

[quote] homosexuals in urban centers

What was gay culture like in cities in first three centuries AD?

"Homosexuals in urban centers" seems really out of place with the rest of what you wrote. What you stated sounds credible except for that.

by Anonymousreply 281February 19, 2023 9:10 PM

R281 Ancient Rome was very patriarchal even more so than Greece. Homosexuality - especially in regards to being a passive partner - was considered atrocious in Rome. While Greeks were far more tolerant of the matter. Many mystery cults had bisexual gods as the center of worship like Orpheus, Dionysus, Hermes and Adonis. Plato who was popular among mystery cultists was famously very tolerant of homosexuality. And yes there was no "gay people" then as gay is a modern political identity and everyone had to marry the opposite sex and procreate regardless. But there absolutely was a concept of people who preferred the same sex and it wasn't looked upon in a favorable light.

It's natural these people would be drawn to cults that celebrated beautiful and androgynous gods associated with homosexuality rather than a patriarchal figure like Jupiter. The Roman emperor Elagabalus was one of the most famous mystery cult priests who was a flaming homosexual and of course was victim to homophobic slurs of the time.

by Anonymousreply 282February 19, 2023 10:06 PM

R265, considering how Noah Schnapp still follows him, probably nothing much.

by Anonymousreply 283February 19, 2023 10:28 PM

Just give it time to circulate.

by Anonymousreply 284February 19, 2023 11:36 PM

Good dick is good dick even if it is attached to a crazy person.

by Anonymousreply 285February 20, 2023 12:07 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286February 20, 2023 12:12 AM

Awesome! As long as the Name of Jesus is glorified and people come to salvation through faith in Him. God is working.

by Anonymousreply 287February 20, 2023 12:32 AM

R286 So, yeah.... that cult ain't letting him go. Ever. He's a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 288February 20, 2023 12:44 AM

A sex scandal might make them let him go.

by Anonymousreply 289February 20, 2023 12:45 AM

Yeah, as I suspected, he's being used as a recruiter. He has a lot of young followers, and they're the exact demo to have him preach to. He's gonna be converting all these kids into hardcore Christians.

by Anonymousreply 290February 20, 2023 8:04 AM

His career has gone down the drain, as many of his fans are now cutting ties with him. He's getting tuned into one of those social media preachers who are religious influencers, tricking young audiences into becoming religious.

by Anonymousreply 291February 20, 2023 9:34 AM

going from what little I know about him he seems to be treating religion like an addiction - alternating between cold turkey and relapse. definitely worrying given his history, family and possible abuse(?).

it's a shame, I watched some videos of him when he came out and he seemed quite sweet

by Anonymousreply 292February 20, 2023 9:56 AM

[quote] Good dick is good dick even if it is attached to a crazy person.

Crazy dick is the best, THE BEST!

If Joshua really went Christian nutso, the interest in him will wane without any edgy and sexy thirst traps on social media and just stupid Bible verses.

by Anonymousreply 293February 20, 2023 1:30 PM

I remember when he announced this pop up event, a lot of his fans on Twitter were a bit mad that he was announcing this but not talking about the tour that's supposed to be starting in a few weeks time.

I'm now wondering a few things. Will the tour actually happen? Will it still happen but have low attendance because so many of his fans turned on him and are trying to get rid of their tickets? Will the tour be just like this pop up event with him preaching, instead of performing his music?

by Anonymousreply 294February 21, 2023 12:05 AM

I think it will still happen. Most of his fans are likely female and they are much more likely to "protect him at all costs," especially as few of them are actually gay/bi. I doubt he'll jettison his pop music setlist. It's not like "My Neck, My Back" has hiterto been in his repertoire.

by Anonymousreply 295February 21, 2023 1:46 AM

His little religious antics always happen on Sundays. Day of the Lord, I guess. Must be when he attends Church and gets a brand new dose of brainwashing. So I fully expect this Sunday to be no different and that he'll likely post something, even if it's an Instagram story, about God, Jesus, the Church, or something else religion related.

by Anonymousreply 296February 25, 2023 7:54 AM

Excerpts from an interview Joshua did a year or 2 ago.

JOSHUA BASSETT: Ahh how do I pick! I mean at any given moment you can bet all 6 of us were singing six completely different show tunes. We did most things together, being’ homeschooled and all! We always had a Disney-buddy at Disneyland so we were never lost! So many more but that should give you the idea!

AS: To add to that experience, you were also homeschooled...Was there ever a time when you were being homeschooled that you started wanting something different?

BASSETT: [Laughs] Uhm.. the whole time? I always wanted to have a “normal” life and go to some sort of public school, but it was never something my parents could be convinced of while I was at home. However, I don’t think I would be nearly the same person I am today if I hadn’t been homeschooled.

AS: Favorite decade in American history and why?

BASSETT: 2020-2030. We’re finally undoing the wrong that’s been done for far too many years. This is the decade of growth and re-building the very foundation. I have no doubt that the country and world as we know it will be unrecognizable (for the better) by 2030.

AS: What posters did you have growing up in your childhood bedroom?

BASSETT: I don’t remember any posters, but I know I had Spider-Man sheets!

AS: What’s the most used app on your phone?

BASSETT: ..TikTok…

AS: What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own?

BASSETT: My high top Converse (AKA literally the only shoes I own!). No need for any other pair of shoes. As soon as this pair is done, I’ll order the same ones again!

by Anonymousreply 297February 25, 2023 8:24 AM

Joshua with some cast members of HSMTMTS recently

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298February 25, 2023 6:00 PM

Is he any relation to Angela?

by Anonymousreply 299February 26, 2023 12:28 AM

He's her grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 300February 26, 2023 12:49 AM

r298 That is one rough looking cast of people who play highschool students

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301February 26, 2023 12:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302February 26, 2023 1:00 PM

Didn't most of the cast neglect to support Josh's music releases? Most of them chose Olivia, who dipped and probably pays them dust now.

by Anonymousreply 303February 26, 2023 1:01 PM

Yes, aside from Matt Cornett, the rest of the cast, gay dudes included, sided with Olivia. And Matt is religious, from a right wing family if the rumors are true, so he's not really going to be the one helping Joshua out of this mess.

by Anonymousreply 304February 26, 2023 10:33 PM

This kid is too mentally messed up to be successful in the industry. He's losing what little fans he has by the dozens with this pivot toward righteous woowoo bullshit. Keep your religion separate from your career or become another Cameron sibling known for Hallmark/Lifetime fame. I've lost all patience.

by Anonymousreply 305February 27, 2023 6:24 PM

So much hate for Olivia Rodrigo when the truth is him and Sabrina Carpenter totally played the game.

He was more than eager to beard for promo and it was his gushing about Harry Styles online what "made him"· come out, because people accused him of gaybaiting.

The truth is Driver's license is hardly offensive. Yes, the song was a huge hit and Olivia's fans were cray cray like most teen fangirls nowadays. And i understand Joshua not liking it the song or specially the online abuse.

But he released a song about that (and Carpenter too), unfortunately for them both flopped, so they couldn't capitalize the controversy.

I don't know if it's his upbringing but something came as totally fake in how he deal his coming out. He basically did a Lucas Hedges, coming out without coming out at all.

It's a pity the he seems brainwashed into religion but it was only a question of time before he was "straight" again

by Anonymousreply 306February 27, 2023 7:02 PM

His co-stars Julia Lester and Larry Saperstein came out as bi shortly before Joshua came out as queer, but it was Joshua who received the magazine cover treatment (because he's the lead, duh!). And apparently nobody gives a fuck about Frankie A. Rodriguez and Joe Serafini. Joshua gets all the attention, good or bad.

by Anonymousreply 307February 27, 2023 7:23 PM

Did he also “do the thing” like his cousin Angela?

by Anonymousreply 308February 27, 2023 7:58 PM

The difficult brown? No.

by Anonymousreply 309February 28, 2023 2:27 AM

[Quote] He basically did a Lucas Hedges, coming out without coming out at all.

To be fair, Lucas Hedges has chosen the Show option over the Tell one.

by Anonymousreply 310February 28, 2023 2:28 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311February 28, 2023 3:35 AM

r311 You can see why the music career never took off

by Anonymousreply 312February 28, 2023 3:55 AM

Well there's always the Dove awards for him r312.lol

by Anonymousreply 313February 28, 2023 4:52 AM

I like his songs Finally Free (from season three of HSMTMTS) and Feel Something.

by Anonymousreply 314February 28, 2023 8:52 AM

I see he took down the "pits, feet... my best features" post. Do you think it was at his Dad's request?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315March 3, 2023 12:58 AM

He looks like he smells bad. Always has. Never found him attractive. This shitty Shazam franchise if filled with closet cases and idiots...

by Anonymousreply 316March 3, 2023 1:05 AM

He's in Shazam?

by Anonymousreply 317March 3, 2023 1:07 AM

R317 = No. I always get him confused with Jack Dylan Glazer. Both queeny fems. Nothing attractive about either one.

by Anonymousreply 318March 3, 2023 1:11 AM

Very different personas. But I guess you don't notice that.

by Anonymousreply 319March 3, 2023 1:13 AM

r315 He gets more whorish around mid week then as church approaches on Sunday he feels shame and has to delete

by Anonymousreply 320March 3, 2023 1:50 AM

Someone claimed that the photographer has been alleged to be an abuser. Maybe that's it.

by Anonymousreply 321March 3, 2023 2:07 AM

Of all the starving job hungry photographers out there his manager managed to hire an abusive one to photograph him at this particular moment of Josh's career? That's hilarious clearly no one on his team has any idea what they're doing.

by Anonymousreply 322March 3, 2023 2:21 AM

Does he even have a team? If so, they're doing nothing to help this man's image recover. Life on the D list coming in quick.

by Anonymousreply 323March 3, 2023 3:03 AM

I presume Behind The Blinds (I gues that's an online "magazine") hired the photographer.

by Anonymousreply 324March 3, 2023 3:59 AM

*guess

by Anonymousreply 325March 3, 2023 3:59 AM

It's pretty hard to manage someone who is spiralling.

by Anonymousreply 326March 3, 2023 3:59 AM

Around December he said he fired his team in November. That was around the holidays, so likely when his family got their religious claws on him. No idea if he fired them all and hired someone new who better aligns with the family's religious values, if it's the parents that are managing him, or if he's without management. Either way, it's a mess.

by Anonymousreply 327March 3, 2023 7:48 AM

He showed up to Kids Choice Awards. Supposedly some in the audience booed him,when he went up on stage to accept his award for "Favorite Male TV Star".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328March 6, 2023 2:14 PM

R328 That outfit is proof you can't pray the gay away

by Anonymousreply 329March 6, 2023 2:36 PM

He's still trying to promote his upcoming tour and what outfits he might wear on it r328 and r329. Even as you have some of his now former fans trying to sell their tickets. I hope he doesn't bring multiple pairs of shoes on this "tour", it might make some think he's not straight.

by Anonymousreply 330March 7, 2023 12:29 AM

He's looking pretty frail in that red carpet pic.

by Anonymousreply 331March 7, 2023 5:41 AM

[Quote] when he went up on stage to accept his award for "Favorite Male TV Star".

Any reports on his speech?

by Anonymousreply 332March 7, 2023 5:42 AM

R332

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333March 7, 2023 5:46 AM

That was last year's speech, no? I'm expecting this year's to be something about "I've found safety in the arms of Jesus."

by Anonymousreply 334March 7, 2023 5:48 AM

R334 You're right. This is from, this year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335March 7, 2023 5:51 AM

Thanks, r335.

by Anonymousreply 336March 7, 2023 5:56 AM

Embeddable version of the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337March 7, 2023 5:58 AM

He seemed on the verge of a panic attack.

by Anonymousreply 338March 7, 2023 5:59 AM

Poor little faggot.

by Anonymousreply 339March 7, 2023 6:05 AM

Great 👍🏿 speech!

by Anonymousreply 340March 7, 2023 3:13 PM

Is the world so devoid of tops? No one can blow his back out a few good times and settle him down?

by Anonymousreply 341March 7, 2023 4:06 PM

r341 In his generation famous out men who I can see being tops do seem pretty thin on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 342March 7, 2023 4:10 PM

[QUOTE]In his generation famous out men who I can see being tops do seem pretty thin on the ground.

Shawn Mendes also seems to be suffering from NoTopitis.

by Anonymousreply 343March 7, 2023 7:01 PM

This cunt was preaching at the Kids Choice Awards? Any fans he had are gone. What a way to kill a possible career.

by Anonymousreply 344March 9, 2023 1:30 AM

Jesus is more important than career

by Anonymousreply 345March 9, 2023 2:19 AM

Jesus is more important than boys.

by Anonymousreply 346March 9, 2023 2:38 AM

Its weird he managed to be a theatre kid because he's neurotic as fuck to see on stage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347March 9, 2023 3:03 AM

Isn't Neurotic a cornerstone of "Theatre Kid"?

by Anonymousreply 348March 9, 2023 3:22 AM

I've only watched a minute and he's already prancing around the stage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349March 9, 2023 3:22 AM

"I'll be seeing you soon Jesus!" - Joshua Bassett (probably)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350March 13, 2023 12:21 AM

Maybe that’s why he can’t get a boyfriend. He’s fucking insufferable. After speaking to him for five minutes, you’re probably looking for an excuse to walk away.

by Anonymousreply 351March 13, 2023 2:08 AM

R351 He was never going to be in a relationship with a man, even before the conversion.

by Anonymousreply 352March 13, 2023 3:39 AM

Joshua is going to have a chat with Instagram about several posts that disappeared/deleted.

by Anonymousreply 353March 13, 2023 9:02 AM

Can you copy+paste here what he writes? He'll probably delete that shit too.

by Anonymousreply 354March 13, 2023 9:09 AM

r353 You mean he's going to have a livestream on Instagram about why he's deleting stuff, or is he saying Instagram is deleting his stuff for some secret sinister reason and he's going to complain to them?

by Anonymousreply 355March 13, 2023 10:00 AM

Instragram deleted his pits?

by Anonymousreply 356March 13, 2023 10:34 AM

r356 And I'd do it again!

by Anonymousreply 357March 13, 2023 10:45 AM

I'm wondering if this religious awakening was nothing but a publicity stunt.

He wasn't really on anyone's radar. No one was talking about him and his upcoming tour. Only his few fans were paying attention to him. He didn't seem to have any projects lined up except waiting for his tour to start. And right before it starts, he does something scandalous enough to get the media's attention, to get a lot of people on Twitter and Tumblr talking about him, but not too scandalous that could get him cancelled or end his career for good. He got a decent amount of people talking whenever he said anything religious, and all of it right before he started his tour. I've seen more about him in the short time of his religious awakening than in all the years he's been acting.

He only seems to make headlines when there's drama, and I guess since no one is paying much attention to Olivia these days, his team had to come up with something new.

by Anonymousreply 358March 19, 2023 10:30 PM

He feels like The Little Mermaid, huh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359March 20, 2023 1:37 AM

I don't think it was all for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 360March 20, 2023 7:57 AM

Lol...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361March 22, 2023 2:10 PM

Are pink fuzzy hats still "straight"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362March 22, 2023 3:00 PM

This looks like some conversion therapy shit. I don't believe he posted the Jesus shit by himself.

by Anonymousreply 363March 22, 2023 3:13 PM

He’s smart enough to make his own decisions. Your condescending views about people of faith push people farther away from you.

by Anonymousreply 364March 22, 2023 8:59 PM

[quote]I don't think it was all for publicity.

Maybe just a little true??

by Anonymousreply 365March 22, 2023 9:04 PM

Is he? He came running back to Papa...

[Quote] How a Truth Student Came to Know the Truth: My Rescue from the Deception of the New Age

[Quote] Here's the most important question you'll ever answer: Of the sum total of your Christian knowledge, what percentage of it is owing to what somebody told you the Bible said, and what percentage is owing to what you've personally read in context for yourself? Your answer to that question will determine how susceptible you are to being deceived by cults, false teachings, and false religions, leading to a false worldview and eventually eternal damnation. I know. I was lost and blind, and I believed I knew the truth. But for the grace of God, all that I was taught and believed would have destroyed me. Here's the story of how I practiced the deadly deception of the New Age yet was mercifully rescued from damnation by God himself unto forgiveness, salvation, and eternal life.

by Anonymousreply 366March 22, 2023 9:05 PM

Guessing he went running back to daddy to "save him" from the sinful gay thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 367March 23, 2023 9:12 AM

lgbtq+ community needs something besides gay clubs to take their mind off n feel safe like a spiritual thingy. All religions r ponji schemes for the scared, selfish guys

by Anonymousreply 368March 23, 2023 9:56 AM

Glad He put His faith in Christ. Nothing else is as important. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God.

by Anonymousreply 369March 23, 2023 11:59 AM

r369 He's got a funny way of seeking it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370March 23, 2023 12:11 PM

Believers in Christ are not perfect, just forgiven

by Anonymousreply 371March 23, 2023 12:35 PM

Who the fuck let the cult in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 372March 23, 2023 4:51 PM

R369 is posting from the 17th century,

by Anonymousreply 373March 23, 2023 5:12 PM

r372 Maybe its Josh himself come to preach to the elder gays. They'll add a new book to the bible called "Joshua's letters to the new Sodomites" from his teachings

by Anonymousreply 374March 23, 2023 5:16 PM

He deleted his coming out posts on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 375March 24, 2023 3:24 PM

He certainly did, R375.

LGB Community, we have failed him. If bring an out queer person could have led to a happy life, he would never have gone back to Christianity.

Stop it with the drugs, the meth and the meaningless hookups!

by Anonymousreply 376March 24, 2023 4:23 PM

[quote] More of a reddit lurker, but this is absolutely gut-wrenching to me, so I thought I’d post. I met Joshua at Manhattan pride in 2021. He was alone, but the minute me and my partner approached him he started interacting with us. We talked about queerness, new york, careers, for around 30 minutes. Was one of the sweetest guys I’ve met and seemed genuinely grateful that me and my partner treated him with respect. It’s horrifying to see any queer youth go through circumstances like these, but as someone who’s met the guy, he’s wonderful and has a good heart (from my experience at least).

All this self hatred because his living room light turned on at the wrong time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377March 24, 2023 4:29 PM

no wonder he is so fucked up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378March 24, 2023 9:47 PM

Troll better, r376.

by Anonymousreply 379March 24, 2023 9:53 PM

R376- sure, school shooter

by Anonymousreply 380March 25, 2023 7:24 AM

If he's deleting his coming out stuff, it probably won't be long until he gets paired up with some girl, in some arranged marriage type situation, fairly common with conversion therapy. They'll date briefly, quickly announce an engagement, get married within the same year, and less than a year after marriage she'll be pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 381March 25, 2023 10:46 AM

I don't want to be mean but everything about his coming out looked so fake. He basically came out after the backlash for queerbaiting online about Harry Styles. He used the word queer which is perfect to avoid bearding accusations and date whoever you want in the future (including keep bearding). The whole coming out help him with the backlash of Driver's license too.

Frankly, i didn't watched a more calculated coming out since Lucas Hedges.

But Lucas Hedges has a solid career and Joshua Bassett is a disney kid, so it was a question of time to backtrack if the career didn't go further after the coming out.

I feel for him because he seems damaged and being in a cult never help

by Anonymousreply 382March 25, 2023 11:19 AM

Nah. Bassett talked about male sexual experiences. Hedges' issues seem to centre around gender. Different story.

by Anonymousreply 383March 26, 2023 1:23 AM

I suspect Joshua was in love with Matt Cornett and that if he couldn’t have him, then he didn’t want any other guy so he might as well be straight!

by Anonymousreply 384March 26, 2023 6:19 AM

I've heard that Matt is also very religious, just hides it well, and comes from a MAGA family, so maybe Joshua thought if he was also a religious nut, he'd get to be closer to Matt.

by Anonymousreply 385March 27, 2023 5:51 AM

Hide it? What type of twisted environment requires people to hide their faith in God?

by Anonymousreply 386March 27, 2023 1:52 PM

Cornett doesn't seem that bad. The first thing he did when he got to LA was make a jackoff vid for some Tinder ho. He seems to get along with the other gay castmembers and is closer to them than Josh is, and he's avoided gay panic over Josh blatantly lusting over him for the last year.

by Anonymousreply 387March 27, 2023 3:46 PM

I fear we'll lose this one to a tragedy. His career isn't as secure as Mendes. He can and will lose fans if he goes back in the closet, religion aside.

by Anonymousreply 388March 28, 2023 1:57 AM

Yep, I’m not seeing a good ending to this mess.

Seems like a nice kid running with a really twisted crowd (parents included).

Damned shame.

by Anonymousreply 389March 28, 2023 2:03 AM

My only hope is that he'll realize this isn't the way like Archuleta did.

by Anonymousreply 390March 28, 2023 2:22 AM

[R390] That will likely happen, but just like with Archuleta, it'll take a long while and by the time he frees himself his career will be in the dumps. It took Archuleta over 10 years to come out and free himself from the church. If Joshua follows a similar path, he'll be nearly 40 by then, his career will not be able to recover, because at least Archuleta still looks hot, I don't think Joshua will be able to keep his twinkish good looks until he's in his late 30s

by Anonymousreply 391March 28, 2023 7:34 AM

Archuleta didn't come out until thirtyish. Joshua has time. The problem is that Joshua's career has been going quite well. The rub is that Olivia Rodrigo's career has been going exceptionally well. If that threw him off course, he's hardly going to be much more secure at thirty. He doesn't have "grown" appeal. He's rather boyish, which means opportunities will slow for him.

by Anonymousreply 392March 28, 2023 11:35 AM

He's been posting a lot of thirst traps lately. Maybe God told him to.

by Anonymousreply 393March 29, 2023 8:29 AM

Who should Joshua date next? Emily Rideajetski?

by Anonymousreply 394March 29, 2023 12:26 PM

R392 David also never came out and went back in

by Anonymousreply 395March 29, 2023 1:03 PM

It's so bizarre that he's thirst trapping. But I guess if its For The Laydeez...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396March 29, 2023 1:08 PM

How can a 20 year old have "heart failure"?

I know it's probably possible - but very rare. It's old people whose arteries are clogged and they've had heart attacks or needed stents and eventually the heart weakens, over time.

by Anonymousreply 397March 29, 2023 1:52 PM

My friend had heart problems and died suddenly in his 20s while walking

by Anonymousreply 398March 29, 2023 2:53 PM

R394 Probably some barely known girl, likely from the church. But chances are he'll cheat on her at every chance, with guys and girls, every time he's out performing.

R396 It is very odd. I don't think he used to be this thirst trappy before his religious awakening.

R397 I'm pretty sure Cameron Boyce died at like 18 or 19 because he had heart complications. Sometimes it's a problem that already came from birth, other times it's a problem that develops at a young age. Doesn't necessarily mean it's from clogged up arteries. IIRC the term used for when he was hospitalized was septic heart failure, which I believe comes from things such as virus/bacteria, and not from clogged up arteries.

by Anonymousreply 399March 29, 2023 6:41 PM

R399 Cameron Boyce died of a seizure in his sleep because of epilepsy

by Anonymousreply 400March 30, 2023 1:30 AM

R395 Well at least not publicly, but he came out as gay to his family in 2014 but got talked back into trying to date women and force attractions to them by the Mormon cult.

He's an interesting case study as he never made his relationships public and none of his immediate family seem homophobic either. It was mainly the Mormons that were effectively brainwashing him like the Evangelicals are doing with Joshua.

I don't see Joshua having the same level of familial support that David has. Given that he's had his name torn to shreds by Olivia R and mainstream doesn't want to touch this situation, I'm worried he won't have anything to fall back on in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 401March 30, 2023 2:02 AM

David was raised Mormon by his immediate family... And we've seen the blurb for the pamphlet Joshua's father wrote...

by Anonymousreply 402March 30, 2023 2:04 AM

[Quote] I'm worried he won't have anything to fall back on in 10 years.

His thirst for fame might sustain him.

by Anonymousreply 403March 30, 2023 2:05 AM

I thought Cameron Boyce died from an epileptic seizure?

by Anonymousreply 404March 30, 2023 4:58 AM

^DL has been weird for me tonight, posts weren’t updating across the board, I thought I was posting directly under 399.

by Anonymousreply 405March 30, 2023 5:24 AM

He went from posting religious crap every weekend, to posting thirst traps every weekend.

by Anonymousreply 406April 2, 2023 6:32 AM

He is probably trying to put food on the table. He figures God will be the answer. Now, his story will increase his popularity and he can reinvent himself. Trust me, he will be back with us in the future.

by Anonymousreply 407April 2, 2023 6:36 AM

Why did he delete his coming out posts, do you think?

by Anonymousreply 408April 2, 2023 2:28 PM

R408 I mean... pretty obvious why.

by Anonymousreply 409April 2, 2023 2:47 PM

This boy confuses me. He's still singing his old songs with all sorts of anti-religion themes and cursing on tour, posting thirst traps and dressing like a WeHo bottom on the prowl. Yet he takes down his coming out posts and devotes his life to a cult? Make it make sense.

by Anonymousreply 410April 2, 2023 4:39 PM

[quote]Why did he delete his coming out posts, do you think?

God told him to.

by Anonymousreply 411April 2, 2023 4:45 PM

R410 It just further leads me to believe the religious awakening is all staged and he did it for PR to get eyes on him right before the tour started.

by Anonymousreply 412April 3, 2023 12:55 AM

If all of this is staged. He's a covert narcissist. Who knows what to believe with these people.

by Anonymousreply 413April 3, 2023 2:51 AM

DL psychiatrists, isn't this male BPD?

by Anonymousreply 414April 3, 2023 3:37 AM

R414 Nah, that's just theater kid behavior. And he is a theater kid, so pulling stunts for attention is basically as natural as breathing for them.

by Anonymousreply 415April 3, 2023 6:38 AM

R415 I guess that explains why I never made any theatre friends. Histrionic personalities are annoying to be around and deal with. From a distance they are entertaining to watch. Maybe that's why many actors can't maintain relationships.

by Anonymousreply 416April 3, 2023 12:15 PM

Maybe it is his team. "I need a lifeline real quick" sounds dumb as fuck though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417April 3, 2023 1:41 PM

R417 So he is distancing himself from being "queer" at the hands of the Church. Might not be full on conversion therapy, but likely forced to get away from the community.

by Anonymousreply 418April 3, 2023 6:49 PM

[Quote] Seems like he not only attached himself to a pro-conversion therapy church but has also been palling around with a couple of overtly pro-conversion therapy queers from that church.

Is this true?

by Anonymousreply 419April 5, 2023 5:51 AM

R419 Yes, it's true. It seems his new team is part of the church. One of the men that's been spotted accompanying at the concerts, even next to him during meet and greets, is a member of the church at which Josh got baptized, and he's openly pro-conversion therapy on social media. That's the man that's being talked about in the tweet from R417. Not his manager, his manager wasn't there at the time, this is some other dude that's been coming along with Joshua. Probably to keep an eye on him on behalf of the church. Likely someone who's part of the conversion therapy team.

by Anonymousreply 420April 5, 2023 7:28 AM

So? He has the right to live in accordance to his most sacred faith and convictions. He isn’t elevating sexuality over his faith in Christ nor taking orders from people who despise Christianity. Let let him be.

by Anonymousreply 421April 5, 2023 11:08 AM

R421, you are overlooking the fact that Joshua has the right to be led to the truth (there is only one Jesus, and that’s my gardener), and happiness (which is being with boys sexually).

by Anonymousreply 422April 5, 2023 4:24 PM

Boys? Joshua is an adult. Men. Women. Leave boys out of the conversation, troll.

by Anonymousreply 423April 5, 2023 5:24 PM

"Thank you for being so vulnerable."

I get that it must be wearying to have strange trauma dump on you but it's so phony of him to say that when he didn't even engage.

by Anonymousreply 424April 5, 2023 5:25 PM

*strangers

by Anonymousreply 425April 5, 2023 5:26 PM

Yes, let him get deeper into his Christian fundie cult that makes a mockery of traditional Christianity. Let him get so deep that he promotes gay conversion therapy and supports right-wing politics. It's his right to be weak-minded. And it's our right to criticize him when he's promoting dangerous things like his cult that supports conversion therapy.

by Anonymousreply 426April 5, 2023 5:27 PM

Why do we care what JB does or doesn't believe or espouse. He's an individual with his right to his feelings and beliefs. I say let him go his own way. I know I would hate it if everyone weighed on everything I thought or did.

by Anonymousreply 427April 5, 2023 5:27 PM

Amen. Tolerance

by Anonymousreply 428April 5, 2023 5:30 PM

R423 They do not mean "boy" as in child. Boy just means young man just like girl means young woman. You're seeing something that isn't there. To most people over 30, Joshua is very much a boy.

by Anonymousreply 429April 5, 2023 5:31 PM

R427 Most people don't like evangelicals who talk nonstop about their faith and try to convert you. He tried to invite people to his church on social media. If he kept his faith to himself and not go overboard with broadcasting it, I don't think anyone would care as much.

by Anonymousreply 430April 5, 2023 5:33 PM

Why do some religious people bring up their religion and try to convert others when it's not asked? Then get offended others reject it or rightfully critique their beliefs? It's like they always want to be a victim. It's a sign of insecurity and lack of trust in your own beliefs. I know plenty of religious people who keep their faith to themselves. But the fundie cults need converts to keep their gravy train going.

By the way, modern day fundie anti-intellectual Christianity that was invented in late 19th century America is not even close to the traditional liturgical Christian traditions that originated in Latin and Greek where study of literature ranging from philosophy, metaphysics, science, art and mathematics was encouraged among students.

by Anonymousreply 431April 5, 2023 5:44 PM

Joshua is speaking on it for the same reason his father wrote that book. To feel important.

by Anonymousreply 432April 5, 2023 5:46 PM

Yep. It's low self-esteem and insecurity. It's like Tom Cruise and Scientology. These cults love celebrities as talking heads and celebrities love feeling important and having their ego stroked. This kid may be very well growing into a narcissist. Christian fundamentalism also makes a lot more money than being contracted for a Disney show.

by Anonymousreply 433April 5, 2023 5:49 PM

I remember in one of the group interviews for High School Musical, Joshua's co-star blurted out that he was the most ambitious. He tried to downplay it.

by Anonymousreply 434April 5, 2023 5:51 PM

If he only he put as much energy in becoming a good musician rather than pulling stunts for attention and using "coming out" and religion for clout. He's completely unlikable now that it's becoming more and more obvious he staged a lot of this.

by Anonymousreply 435April 5, 2023 5:54 PM

R431, Jesus commanded His followers to spread the Good News, or Gospel. Matthew 28:19-20 . It’s at the core of biblical Christianity. Do you expect believers to be silent about the most important aspect of a Christian’s life ( Jesus)? Of course, there are right ways to share faith, and there are improper ways. If someone doesn’t want to hear it, Jesus says shake the dust off your feet and keep moving. Matthew 10:14. Someone else will be receptive to the Gospel.

by Anonymousreply 436April 5, 2023 6:10 PM

Is Joshua's thirst trapping an impropriety?

by Anonymousreply 437April 5, 2023 6:30 PM

What do we know about Joshua's manager? I browsed some of his recent posts and he looks to be a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 438April 5, 2023 6:31 PM

His church really might be trying to do to him what Scientology did for Tom Cruise. Brainwash him, force him back into the closet, boost his career using their money and influence, and then have him serve as a recruiter and figure head for the church.

by Anonymousreply 439April 5, 2023 7:04 PM

[Quote] boost his career using their money and influence

Can they buy him a hit?

by Anonymousreply 440April 5, 2023 7:27 PM

When people blame Olivia Rodrigo i always think that it was Joshua himself who did that to himself using his "relationships" to promote his career.

By the way, he is the only one who is unable to have a hit. Sabrina Carpenter is not as remotely as massive as Olivia but she had a bunch of minor hits

by Anonymousreply 441April 5, 2023 7:31 PM

He never claimed Olivia as a romantic partner. She could easily have claimed that Drivers License was about anyone but him. But she didn't. She saw the publicity potential. And the $$$$$ that could bring.

Don't put your daughter on the stage, Mrs. Worthington. Or your live gay son.

by Anonymousreply 442April 5, 2023 7:34 PM

Well, she never claimed that Drivers license was about him either.

And to be fair, Drivers license was a huge hit from day one

by Anonymousreply 443April 5, 2023 7:43 PM

[Quote] Well, she never claimed that Drivers license was about him either. And to be fair, Drivers license was a huge hit from day one

SNL even did a skit including him. She could have put out the fire but she didn't.

Either way, they are both caught up in The Machine. Exploit! Exploit! Exploit!

by Anonymousreply 444April 5, 2023 9:57 PM

As the clues continue to add up on this cry for help being more like a stunt queen's cry for money, I'm less inclined to be patient and sympathetic.

by Anonymousreply 445April 10, 2023 1:21 AM

What kind of stunt is this, though? Peddling religion is a very different niche to the inclusive projects for which he's known.

by Anonymousreply 446April 10, 2023 1:24 AM

It's tricky to be patient when he's speaking out and influencing others as if he's really come through something. He's not out the other end yet.

by Anonymousreply 447April 10, 2023 1:26 AM

He’s a sincere believer. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 448April 10, 2023 1:27 AM

There's nothing to deal with... It's his series of poor choices...

by Anonymousreply 449April 10, 2023 1:33 AM

And you have no say in it

by Anonymousreply 450April 10, 2023 2:13 AM

Oh, please. You don't think his reeling was influenced by the public? It absolutely was.

by Anonymousreply 451April 10, 2023 2:22 AM

Um, if it was a stunt, he wouldn't have cult members monitoring him 24/7 for gay relapses. It's clear to me that he got sucked back into his Christian cult family, the same one he left at 16 because they protected his sexual abuser, also a family member. This is the price he has to pay to have a family and social support again, especially since anything he had in Hollywood froze after the Rodrigo song came out, and really evaporated when he talked about being diddled as a kid. Any support he got for coming out was less than worthless as Gen Z queers are toxic and mentally unwell themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452April 10, 2023 2:28 AM

Guy who grew up in a religious household, was abused as a child, suffers career setback, falls back in with family, ends up being controlled and dragged back into the an extreme sect of Christianity his parents agree with due to an electrical failure is far too specific a scenario to be manufactured. His management team belong to that church, they're controlling who has access to him and what he responds to. Like he or his management may be trying to work this to keep some kind of fanbase but this isn't pre planned if it was he'd be more committed to a way forward right now other than the weird Christian slut thing he's currently trying.

by Anonymousreply 453April 10, 2023 2:29 AM

Are you saying he was estranged from his family since the age of 16? That's not the narrative I've seen. Her shouted out his mother flying to his side when he had "heart failure."

by Anonymousreply 454April 10, 2023 2:31 AM

[Quote] especially since anything he had in Hollywood froze after the Rodrigo song came out,

No it didn't. He's done four seasons of that TV show. And the creator Tim Federle hired him for another queer centric project. Joshua was also promoting a voice role in one of those Night At the Museum sequels recently. He's been far from "cold" or washed up.

by Anonymousreply 455April 10, 2023 2:32 AM

Financially, he's probably sound. My main point was that he got sucked back into the cult for nonfinancial reasons--having a family again, God, whatever. If anything, this turn to religiosity probably hurts his career and turns him off to his main demo.

by Anonymousreply 456April 10, 2023 2:39 AM

r454 No ones saying he was estranged with them. Sadly a lot of young gay men yearn for their parents approval and do as much as thy can to get it. But his dads somewhat bad reaction to him coming out is pretty well known he's been caught liking borderline conversion therapy posts for years. It can't be argued his careers on the up, and then he fired his old management team around Christmas when he went home, got baptised in one of the worst evangelical churches he could have, and is now completely surrounded by religious fundamentalists. I can't see how you can say this is being done freely and from sound mind.

by Anonymousreply 457April 10, 2023 2:41 AM

Did he say that he was estranged from his family? If he was, it was relatively short. He moved to New York for a time.

by Anonymousreply 458April 10, 2023 2:41 AM

[Quote] I can't see how you can say this is being done freely and from sound mind.

No one has said that. People have made claims about his management that they have yet to back up, though...

by Anonymousreply 459April 10, 2023 2:43 AM

r459 There's a guy from his church who believes in conversion therapy not letting him speak to "queer" fans or discus his sexuality with them at his concerts. You only have to go a few posts up to see the evidence. What you think the guy is just following him around with no ones permission or knowledge?

by Anonymousreply 460April 10, 2023 2:48 AM

I'd like more details, that's all. Names, histories etc.

by Anonymousreply 461April 10, 2023 2:51 AM

r461 You're physically incapable of scrolling up 8 posts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462April 10, 2023 2:55 AM

That's a juicy link. Is there any more information about the guy who did the red carpet with Josh at the Spotify event? Is he just a mercenary gay man?

by Anonymousreply 463April 10, 2023 3:01 AM

The chunky, hey gurl hey, one is apparently named Christian Garcia.

by Anonymousreply 464April 10, 2023 3:24 AM

Joshua looks so dead eyed in these pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465April 10, 2023 3:25 AM

God is dead. He's a whore again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466May 10, 2023 11:19 PM

So this person doesn't understand how "faith" is not "science"?

by Anonymousreply 467May 10, 2023 11:26 PM

"I will never recover" ?

For someone who never heard of him, what is he talking about?

by Anonymousreply 468May 11, 2023 12:22 AM

r478 That there's a guy she likes like tearing his shirt off and prancing on stage and consequently she's dripping like a faucet and will likely never be the same again.

by Anonymousreply 469May 11, 2023 12:29 AM

Oh - sorry. I thought it was something Joshua said. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 470May 11, 2023 12:34 AM

What is this "Sweet Squares" business? Does one of his sisters own it?

by Anonymousreply 471June 17, 2023 11:16 AM

It looks like a popup business run out of a cofeeshop by his more masculine looking sister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472June 17, 2023 11:55 AM

Here he is at the pop-up event, looking manic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473June 17, 2023 11:56 AM

What a fucking pity. Cute, talented gay/bi dude driven to insanity by paddlers of toxic, nonsensical beliefs. Will not end well. Just say not to god, kids.

by Anonymousreply 474June 17, 2023 12:28 PM

*peddlers, even.

by Anonymousreply 475June 17, 2023 12:29 PM

Is he gay again? Here he is kissing the cover of Noah Schnapp.

Are he and Noah hooking up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476August 12, 2023 4:38 AM

Here he is with Noah Schnapp

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477August 12, 2023 4:40 AM

Did Josh and Noah go home together?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478August 12, 2023 4:47 AM

He's been a whore for a few months now with shower selfies and shirtless shows so I guess the conversion therapy failed. Noah did used to have a crush on him but unless they had a double ended dildo around I can't really see them hooking up.

by Anonymousreply 479August 12, 2023 5:00 AM

R479, thar last sentence really hit my funny bone!! 😂🤣😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 480August 12, 2023 5:13 AM

Joshua's too crazy for Noah

by Anonymousreply 481August 12, 2023 5:14 AM

She's never going to let him rest. I'm pretty sure he's still publicly only unlabelled/bi or whatever as well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482September 7, 2023 7:39 PM

So now we know that any guy she's ever been with or will be with is gay R482

by Anonymousreply 483September 8, 2023 1:10 AM

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 484September 16, 2023 3:34 AM

Well HSMTMS is over and so probably is his acting career, he still has enough fangirls to likely keep a singing career going for awhile, and he seems less self hating about his sexuality lately or at least hasn't been seen publicly at any Westborough Baptist church meetings. Personally I'd say his best bet going forward is to convince Noah he's a good enough top for the role of trophy husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485September 16, 2023 3:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!