Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

AGC Webpages

Anyone know what’s up with the AGC Webpages? There have been no updates since December 22.

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2023 5:58 PM

I was wondering the same thing

by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2023 9:37 AM

Maybe the admin is on holiday?

by Anonymousreply 2January 6, 2023 9:45 AM

Not sure, but what do we think about this one that hasn’t been solved?

The Youthful Closet: Most actors I know who are in the closet, have always been in the closet or come out. Not so, for this one permanent A list movie actor who is an Oscar winner/nominee. He has been publicly seen with only women for several decades now and there is nothing to suggest he does anything with any men at this point in his life at all. Not so, when he was at the very peak of his fame and was headlining multiple movie franchises. At that point, he and his then significant other would hit swingers clubs and sex clubs and our actor would have sex with anything that moved. He was insatiable. Then, AIDS hit and our actor refused to have a sexual encounter with a man from that day moving forward and also insisted that all sex partners get a STD test. Our actor had a lot of sex and he had an account at a local lab who would often process 2 or 3 STD tests for him each day.

by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2023 9:32 PM

I also want to know!

by Anonymousreply 4January 6, 2023 9:54 PM

Is there another Blind Item site?

by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2023 10:39 PM

AGC?

by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2023 11:04 PM

ACG Blind Items…odd, it’s been on-line for decades.

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2023 11:07 PM

What is AGC?

by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2023 11:58 PM

Thanks! I hadn't heard of it before.

by Anonymousreply 9January 7, 2023 12:44 AM

AGC compiles blind items from a bunch of different sources and posts them and guesses in one place. In practice, for the last seven years or so, it basically reposts CDAN blinds and not much else. Yes, they are stupid, but they are fun to read if you like that kind of thing. Reading them on AGC means you don't have to scroll through the CDAN nonsense or visit all the different gossip sites. The archive goes back decades. I'm linking to the first page, from 1998.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2023 1:58 AM

R8 see R7

by Anonymousreply 11January 7, 2023 2:05 AM

AGC and CDAN are run by the same person.

by Anonymousreply 12January 7, 2023 2:08 AM

So…..I’m thinking the answer to the blind item R3 might be Harrison Ford. Headliner of multiple franchises (Star Wars and Indiana Jones), Oscar nominee {Witness), was at the peak of his fame when AIDS hit (in the 80s), permanent A-lister. What do y’all think?

by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2023 7:39 AM

r3 was the one someone posted here, and I'm almost positive it's just entirely made up out of whole cloth.

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2023 8:59 AM

AGC originated as the webpage for the alt.gossip.celebrities newsgroup. Does the CDAN guy really own the website? That's disappointing, if true.

by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2023 8:59 AM

Here's the original post the r3 blind comes from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2023 9:04 AM

The original Alt Celbrity Gossip up on AOL had a ton of daily fighting between Matt Drudge when he was just a gossip monger and Judith Reagan (I think it was her). Someone then started Alt Gossip Celebs. I think it was someone named Cat and everyone has Spice names..ahh...that had to be back in the 1990s

Does anyone beside me remember the ACLU pages on AOL where there was zero censorship?

by Anonymousreply 17January 10, 2023 7:18 PM

alt.gossip.celebrities wasn't on AOL, it was a Usenet group and AOL had Usenet access. Actually, alt.gossip.celebrities still IS a Usenet group.

I'll email her at her AOL address. If anyone here still has Usenet access, I see the user who went by the name anim8rfsk is still posting there, maybe someone can reply to him and see if he knows anything.

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2023 12:41 PM

Yes, they used to have blinds from other gossip sites like Ted Casablanca (whom I detested) and The Panache Report and several others. Over time they severed ties with them.

by Anonymousreply 19January 16, 2023 12:51 PM

I read somewhere on Twitter that said the owner of the site was having trouble with the software. Apparently it’s very old. This was after doing a search on Google, of course I can’t find it now,

by Anonymousreply 20January 16, 2023 1:00 PM

Found the tweet…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2023 1:02 PM

Finally, an update!

So Enty just knows her, he doesn't own the website? Surely if he owned the site he could fix it. It's just basic HTML.

by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2023 1:50 PM

An entry for 12/23/22 has been made, so there's some progress...

by Anonymousreply 23January 16, 2023 9:44 PM

R22, html sucks. Websites today already have the formatting built into templates. If she’s coding html, she’s nuts. I work on websites (content only) and only resort to html when I can’t figure out a bug. No one creates or updates web sites with pure html.

by Anonymousreply 24January 16, 2023 10:04 PM

OP here. There’s an update today, though it’s on the December page. No January page yet.

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2023 1:49 AM

r24, her webpage wasn't built with the tools of today, which should be incredibly obvious just by looking at it. That's why I said it was just basic HTML, because it's clearly using the same code it used 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 26January 17, 2023 11:09 AM

Finally got updated. I hope they find some new software to use.

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2023 5:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!