Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Butter appreciation thread

I ❤️ butter. Oh god it’s so good! Sweet creamy sticks of unsalted butter makes me so happy! Butter! Butter! Butter!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 2, 2023 11:39 PM

Do you use it as lube?

by Anonymousreply 1January 2, 2023 11:10 PM

R1 Only when I haven’t gotten more Crisco at the Costco. That’s the title of a future memoir.

by Anonymousreply 2January 2, 2023 11:13 PM

R1 No fool I use it as food!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3January 2, 2023 11:14 PM

I agree, OP. Delicious on a baked potato, also on warm crusty bread.

by Anonymousreply 4January 2, 2023 11:18 PM

Thanks to another DL thread on butter, I discovered the awesome taste of grass-fed cow/foreign butter.

I've been buying and using Kerry Gold butter since - my partner and I are amazed at how spreadable and delicious, and unlike any other butter/margarine we'd ever tasted before.

Just like week, I found a local grocer (via Instacart) carrying Plugra butter.

I haven't tried it yet, but I expect it to be as delicious as the Kerry Gold.

by Anonymousreply 5January 2, 2023 11:18 PM

Butter is a terrible lubricant. It can cause infectionss. Acually any type of food used in a sexaul way is revolting. I've heard of people smearing jam or whipped cream on private parts and licking it or getting it licked off but it sounds totally gross. Honey Bruce, the wife of Lenny Bruce, was bi; she recalled on older female lover of hers squashing chocolate covered cherries on her nipples; she said it made a big mess but she "sure liked the way she cleaned it up!"

by Anonymousreply 6January 2, 2023 11:21 PM

I have butter 🧈on the brain

by Anonymousreply 7January 2, 2023 11:23 PM

It’s Butters!

That’s me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 2, 2023 11:24 PM

I just use extra margarine from the margarine fountain from my sister's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 9January 2, 2023 11:24 PM

Why unsalted?

by Anonymousreply 10January 2, 2023 11:24 PM

^^Why salted?

by Anonymousreply 11January 2, 2023 11:26 PM

R10 Depends on what you're using it for.

by Anonymousreply 12January 2, 2023 11:27 PM

[quote]I just use extra margarine from the margarine fountain from my sister's wedding.

OMG, that was the klassiest wedding!

Not to mention, the funniest thread I've ever read on DL.

by Anonymousreply 13January 2, 2023 11:28 PM

Parkay!

by Anonymousreply 14January 2, 2023 11:29 PM

[quote]^^Why salted?

Just a stab in the dark here, but taste?

by Anonymousreply 15January 2, 2023 11:30 PM

You don’t know anything. You probably shove Doritos past your chops all day long.

by Anonymousreply 16January 2, 2023 11:31 PM

I've never understood the reasons for offering salted and unsalted butter.

Should you use unsalted when baking something sweet and use salted for savory foods?

Does it make a difference?

by Anonymousreply 17January 2, 2023 11:32 PM

The only reason I can see for unsalted butter would be baking or high blood pressure. Even for baking, you could use salted butter. Even desserts have some salt in them to balance the flavors.

by Anonymousreply 18January 2, 2023 11:34 PM

Salt actually enhances the flavor of sweet foods, baked or otherwise.

Kerrygold is the shit. If i could get other European butter, I'd try that too, but Kerrygold is the one my local carries.

by Anonymousreply 19January 2, 2023 11:37 PM

Agree R19

But keep checking on the other European brands. Even WalMart sometimes carries Plugra.

by Anonymousreply 20January 2, 2023 11:38 PM

Good to know, r20, I'll check next time I'm there to stock up on necessities. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 21January 2, 2023 11:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!