Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The 180 degree turn of Rep Elise Stefanik

Sorry it’s behind a paywall, but this NYT’s profile of GOP Rep Elise Stefanik shows how she made a calculated move from (gay-accepting, immigrant accepting) moderate Republican to wacko MAGA.

She realized moderate Republicans don’t have a place in the party and changed to keep her ambitions fired up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69February 10, 2024 11:39 PM

Elsie the fat RePIG.

by Anonymousreply 1January 1, 2023 12:14 PM

Long article but worth reading to the end.

by Anonymousreply 2January 1, 2023 12:16 PM

Fat cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3January 1, 2023 12:18 PM

[quote]She realized moderate Republicans don’t have a place in the party and changed to keep her ambitions fired up.

So she did the opposite of Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger...who both have integrity and did what's right. This cunt chose to take a steaming dump on the Constitution, and she fully deserves whatever bad karma comes her way.

by Anonymousreply 4January 1, 2023 12:19 PM

It’s merely sheer friction against the liberals that’s holding the MAGA constituency together, the emperor.wears NO CLOTHES.

by Anonymousreply 5January 1, 2023 12:22 PM

The woman behind “George Santos.” Did she conspire to engage in a fraud against the voters in NY-3?

by Anonymousreply 6January 1, 2023 12:51 PM

I thought she might be a lesbian but apparently she married in 2017. Of course, such ambitious people are liable to do anything

by Anonymousreply 7January 1, 2023 12:52 PM

[quote]Long article but worth reading to the end.

Would it work if I just read the end?

by Anonymousreply 8January 1, 2023 12:54 PM

She reminds me of a slightly less hideous Sarah Huckabeast.

by Anonymousreply 9January 1, 2023 12:54 PM

Wow, she’s nuts.

by Anonymousreply 10January 1, 2023 1:03 PM

As R3 said, she's a fat cunt.

by Anonymousreply 11January 1, 2023 1:33 PM

It amazing how people can just flip a switch and go from moderate to MAGA to keep your job. It’s a con

by Anonymousreply 12January 1, 2023 3:28 PM

Trump does not trust her for the most ironic reason::

[quote]But Trump has mocked what he sees as efforts by Stefanik at self-promotion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 1, 2023 3:30 PM

R13, but he’s loving that she supports him

by Anonymousreply 14January 1, 2023 3:37 PM

She'll soon be spreading her legs for someone else if Trump looks like he won't get the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 15January 1, 2023 3:58 PM

I’m sure MAGA ass-kissing rag the NYT paints this in a positive light. Or maybe it’s “neutral”, but I won’t read yet another article about how we can understand another traitorous scumbag MAGAt and how they benefited by dialing up on the hatefulness.

by Anonymousreply 16January 1, 2023 4:01 PM

If you bothered to read even part of the article, R16, you'd realize the story is far from positive about her.

by Anonymousreply 17January 1, 2023 4:11 PM

Such a strange person. Power just for the sake of power. I especially liked the bit where she was giving Pete Buttigieg's campaign advice and wanted him to give her a job if he won the presidency. I don't think she's a good judge though - I can't see Trump winning again and I think that the MAGA movement is already losing relevance - many MAGA candidates lost in swing states.

by Anonymousreply 18January 1, 2023 4:13 PM

Here is the article without a paywall.

I have no issue with ambition, I do have issue with someone who has no principles. She has no principles. It will be fun watching her come undone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 1, 2023 4:16 PM

If she was already a Republican, then it's more of a 90-degree turn. A 180 would be AOC turning MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 20January 1, 2023 4:20 PM

I’ d love to know how a Harvard grad didn’t get accepted to any law schools, although maybe she only applied to top-five schools

by Anonymousreply 21January 1, 2023 4:23 PM

[quote] have no issue with ambition, I do have issue with someone who has no principles

What do you expect? She's from New York, the state that has given us the most vile, reprehensible politicians in history. It should just be bombed for all of the misery heaped on the country.

by Anonymousreply 22January 1, 2023 4:36 PM

Stefanik represents that Lake George area of the state, no?

Are we sure she isn't one of the Allen clan?

by Anonymousreply 23January 1, 2023 4:38 PM

R8, great idea! Don’t let information get in the way of a great 2023! Good for you!

by Anonymousreply 24January 1, 2023 4:41 PM

R17, an idiot like R16 can barely read, much less read something long.

by Anonymousreply 25January 1, 2023 4:49 PM

R22 is probably from Mississippi or Alabama

by Anonymousreply 26January 1, 2023 4:53 PM

Mary R22 apparently never heard of politicians in Florida, Texas, Ohio, etc., etc., etc.

by Anonymousreply 27January 1, 2023 5:00 PM

Nope. I may be an idiot, but the New York Times - I won’t read anything from that loathsome war-mongering right wing newspaper that sucks off the billionaire class.

by Anonymousreply 28January 1, 2023 5:14 PM

[quote]I’ d love to know how a Harvard grad didn’t get accepted to any law schools, although maybe she only applied to top-five schools

Probably because she’s stupid as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 29January 1, 2023 5:14 PM

She’s my sister!

by Anonymousreply 30January 1, 2023 5:15 PM

Oh, brother MARY R28. You have declared your boundaries! And you're certainly a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 31January 1, 2023 5:27 PM

R31, but she devours the NY Post and her People magazine!

by Anonymousreply 32January 1, 2023 5:54 PM

R28, you have a great point.not a day goes by when The NY Times isn’t trying to push the US into war. They write in code so less intelligent people than you miss it. You’re so wise.

by Anonymousreply 33January 1, 2023 5:58 PM

AOC says Elise is turning into a Nazi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 1, 2023 6:42 PM

Stefanik is no different than Cruz, Graham, or Hawley in terms of raw, unprincipled ambition, though she and Graham have been more vociferous in hitching their wagons to Trump. She does sound like a nasty piece of work, much like Cruz and Hawley.

Part of me wonders if the chickens will come home to roost for her as Trump's popularity fades, but she's canny enough to just attach herself quickly enough to a DeSantis if the winds blow in that direction and avoid looking foolish. Oddly enough, she voted in favor of the Protection of Marriage Act, so she clearly know when she can get away with playing on the other side of the fence.

by Anonymousreply 35January 1, 2023 7:37 PM

Per the article, Stefanik was the youngest woman elected to Congress until AOC. I chuckled at the part where Stefanik was pissed that AOC didn't show her the "respect" she felt was due her. AOC is NOT ONE OF HER FANS!

by Anonymousreply 36January 1, 2023 7:41 PM

Stefanik, Cruz, Hawley, etc are all smart with Ivy League degrees. They all know exactly what they’re doing.

The article is interesting because it does a great job describing, step by step, how Stefanik changed. It was all calculated to stay relevant in today’s GOP.

by Anonymousreply 37January 1, 2023 10:02 PM

[quote]Are we sure she isn't one of the Allen clan?

Rep. Stefanik, are you now or have you ever been a gibber?

by Anonymousreply 38January 1, 2023 10:07 PM

The poster child for Republicunts.

by Anonymousreply 39January 1, 2023 10:15 PM

She’s a VERY basic fat pig.

by Anonymousreply 40January 1, 2023 10:20 PM

She’s a fat fucking cunt with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. That’s a direct quote from her piece of shit mother in case anyone thinks I’m being harsh.

by Anonymousreply 41January 1, 2023 10:30 PM

A chubby Republicunt.

by Anonymousreply 42January 1, 2023 11:10 PM

Oh please. She was always a far-right Nazi cunt. Trump just allowed her to drop the "moderate" act and be her true self.

by Anonymousreply 43January 1, 2023 11:40 PM

This story is a devastating takedown… completely factual.

The gut punch at the end is that even Trump doesn’t trust her.

by Anonymousreply 44January 1, 2023 11:42 PM

R41 can you link that quote from the fat cow’s mother?

by Anonymousreply 45January 2, 2023 2:42 AM

Isn't this basically what Kari Lake did too (although unsuccessfully) for her run for governor in Arizona?

by Anonymousreply 46January 2, 2023 3:42 AM

Is she related to that dead crippled kid that used to sing treacly songs on talk shows?

by Anonymousreply 47January 2, 2023 2:00 PM

R45, I was joking…😅

by Anonymousreply 48January 2, 2023 3:00 PM

I am embarrassed to say that of all of MAGA-land, this little troll bothers me the most.

by Anonymousreply 49April 2, 2023 2:07 PM

Anyone know how much personal money Stefanik has made since being in Congress? I'm too lazy to research that but I find it pretty insane how many of them become millionaires after winning election to Congress.

Anyway, that's a good reason why someone would ditch all their principles. Sen. Kyrsten Sinema entered Congress pretty much broke and is now a millionaire. Even if she can't be re-elected she will be hired and paid well by someone.

by Anonymousreply 50April 2, 2023 2:12 PM

What do you expect? She from New York, that cesspool of politicians. No, that's one thing that puts New Yorkers at the bottom of the barrel.

by Anonymousreply 51April 2, 2023 7:35 PM

R51, are you saying that her kind of cynicism, hypocrisy, and greed is peculiar to New York?

by Anonymousreply 52April 2, 2023 7:38 PM

Haven't 95% of all Republican politicians done the same? One of the reasons is that the GOP will turn its back and plot revenge on you if you don't do exactly what they say.

Once you've made a deal with the devil (Republicans), you have to do the devil's bidding. There's no safe exit strategy other than to just quit.

And unfortunately for her, her only career has been in politics.

by Anonymousreply 53April 2, 2023 7:44 PM

Psssst, right wing men secretly loathe right wing women

by Anonymousreply 54April 2, 2023 7:45 PM

Elsie is trying hard to glam it up for the Donald!

Newsflash, honey: He only goes for bottle blondes from Eastern Europe (and Marla, cuz she was just a hot piece of tail).

And she's openly saying that if she were VP, she wouldn't certify the election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 9, 2024 10:30 PM

Right wing men hate all women who aren’t bound to the kitchen or the bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 56February 9, 2024 10:45 PM

Non-paywall link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 9, 2024 10:46 PM

Unless she really wants some appointed position in a future R administration as a goal, she has no political future.

by Anonymousreply 58February 9, 2024 10:51 PM

I really don't get these Ivy Leage educated people that don't get that at the first opportunity Trump will drive the bus right over them. And the groveling--it is really pathetic (same goes for Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, JD Vance, etc)

by Anonymousreply 59February 9, 2024 10:54 PM

Huge, giant, oink oink 🐽

by Anonymousreply 60February 9, 2024 11:14 PM

I had heard that she was considered friendly and reasonable when she was first elected.

I'd also like to point out that her district has in the past voted for plenty of democrat candidates.

What she thinks she's going to do once Trump loses again in November is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 61February 9, 2024 11:18 PM

The Republican Party is cheerfully information-free and chock fulla bigotry. If you want a place at the table, stop knowing and start hating, pronto!

by Anonymousreply 62February 9, 2024 11:19 PM

[quote]She'll soon be spreading her legs for someone else if Trump looks like he won't get the nomination.

Ew.

by Anonymousreply 63February 9, 2024 11:22 PM

[quote] What she thinks she's going to do once Trump loses again in November is beyond me.

The Real Housewives of Watertown. She's already starting to look like one of the jenky, bargain basement RHs. She'll be drunkenly flipping tables and screaming "PROSTITUTION WHORE" in no time.

by Anonymousreply 64February 9, 2024 11:23 PM

Do they just get straight up bribed to support Dump? I thought all the Birchers were dumping Orange Gump because he was bad for the markets and they were losing too much dough.

by Anonymousreply 65February 9, 2024 11:50 PM

She doesn't have a prayer of being Trump's VP. He goes for model-pretty types, even his own daughter. (Gag) Stefanik is a porker by comparison. She dresses like a Walmart hausfrau. And has zero charisma.

by Anonymousreply 66February 10, 2024 4:56 AM

Cravenly needy.

by Anonymousreply 67February 10, 2024 4:57 AM

That is why adulteress swinger, Kristi Noem, gets my vote for VP. Trump knows she could replace Hope Hicks in a second term.

by Anonymousreply 68February 10, 2024 5:18 PM

But I'll gladly change his diaper R68!

by Anonymousreply 69February 10, 2024 11:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!