Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Racist or just careful?

As a Los Angeleno, I've been alarmed and disgusted by the insane and random violence in NYC (and elsewhere) against Asians. Yet I'm now finding I may need to either confront my own fears - and perhaps reassess racism I didn't/don't think I have.

I was planning to out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant in Monterey Park (L.A.) tonight. However given the recent unrelenting spread of Covid cases emanating in and from China, do I even go there? It's totally fucked up my head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2023 5:05 PM

Get Thai or Indian food.

Besides the likelihood that the people running the Chinese food restaurant having JUST flown back from China is miniscule.

by Anonymousreply 1December 29, 2022 11:49 PM

Jesus what a moron

by Anonymousreply 2December 29, 2022 11:51 PM

You'll be fine in Monterey Park, darling. I take dinner there with my partner once a week.

by Anonymousreply 3December 29, 2022 11:52 PM

The last place that people from China are going to go would be a Chinese restaurant. They think Chinese American food is horrible.

by Anonymousreply 4December 30, 2022 12:01 AM

And it is.

by Anonymousreply 5December 30, 2022 12:11 PM

What an armchair "progressive" or just plain stupid although I suppose most racist tendencies are on the stupid side.

Do you honestly think that people from China are going to go random Chinese restaurant Monterey Park? Or, do you think that Chinese people get sick through by just being Chinese whether they've been in China in the past month?

by Anonymousreply 6December 30, 2022 12:48 PM

OP is seeking justification for pushing Asian Americans onto subway tracks. There is NO justification Quondarious!

by Anonymousreply 7December 30, 2022 2:30 PM

R7 lulz

by Anonymousreply 8December 30, 2022 2:33 PM

Racist. Fuck you btw.

by Anonymousreply 9December 30, 2022 2:48 PM

Kum pow Kim R7= tiny asian dick with a wiff of stank body odor to match. R8= the cavernous mouthed Whore who attempts to swallow smelly tiny asian dick.

by Anonymousreply 10December 30, 2022 4:11 PM

Now i am craving peking shrimp. Thanks.. .

by Anonymousreply 11December 30, 2022 4:37 PM

So is OP the Monterey Park , 72 year old incel, who visited DL?

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2023 11:27 AM

If you're this afraid of Covid, OP, you probably shouldn't be eating out at all.

And yes, you are racist, especially for posting this on DL. Troll.

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2023 11:50 AM

OP thinks all Chinese restaurants have tunnels that lead directly to China.

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2023 11:52 AM

What's your ethnic background, OP?

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2023 12:06 PM

OP posted this before the shooting, just FYI.

Also, OP picked Monterey Park because there is a large Asian population there, mostly Chinese, and he probably just Googled for some place that had a lot of Chinese immigrants and residents so he could post this troll thread. No one from LA would call themselves a "Los Angeleno," it's just "Angeleno."

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2023 12:09 PM

OP is a New Yorker wanting to pull the attention away from his shithole city.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2023 12:17 PM

New York City is home to by far the highest Chinese-American population of any city proper, with an estimated 573,388 Chinese-Americans in New York City, significantly higher than the total of the next five cities combined; multiple large Chinatowns in Manhattan, Brooklyn (three), and Queens (three) are thriving as traditionally urban enclaves, as large-scale Chinese immigration continues into New York, with the largest metropolitan Chinese population outside Asia

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2023 1:04 PM

Well, the first sentence in my comment certainly did not age well. And the second sentence has me feeling very lucky...

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2023 5:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!