Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has Twitter finally kicked it?

Error message when accessing the site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 29, 2022 2:07 AM

Still working for me.

They could be going through regional outages now with their precarious setup.

by Anonymousreply 1December 28, 2022 11:54 PM

oh Twitter we love you get up

by Anonymousreply 2December 29, 2022 12:54 AM

Twitter is FINE. It sends its love.

by Anonymousreply 3December 29, 2022 12:55 AM

Let it die.

by Anonymousreply 4December 29, 2022 12:56 AM

Do. Not. Resuscitate.

by Anonymousreply 5December 29, 2022 1:09 AM

Something else will be along shortly to replace it. Nobody ever thought MySpace would become obsolete at the time either.

by Anonymousreply 6December 29, 2022 1:11 AM

Codeine...bourbon....

by Anonymousreply 7December 29, 2022 1:12 AM

I wish old social media like MySpace, LiveJournal, Blogspot and different forums for niche subjects would come back. Everything is so mainlined and corporatized with little individuality. There is an attempt to bring back MySpace with SpaceHey but it seems to mainly be big in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 8December 29, 2022 1:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 29, 2022 1:20 AM

I can access it without any problems.

by Anonymousreply 10December 29, 2022 1:24 AM

R8, some of those sites you listed (Blogspot, LiveJournal) were text and reading-oriented, which appears to have fallen out of style. Everything seems geared towards the auditory and visual these days, and shorter attention spans.

by Anonymousreply 11December 29, 2022 1:27 AM

I mean... he fired all the long-term staff who took all their knowledge with them. What did they expect would happen?

Twitter is nearly dead now. The best thing to happen would be for the ex-staff to group together and invent a new alternative platform. They would be given an overwhelming amount of support, goodwill and financial donations. There would be a mass exodus from Twitter to a new platform. It would be even better if it was an open source platform - unowned by billionaires with an agenda to grind.

It seems that Musk purchased it to kill it. Expensive - but he can afford it (tax write off) and we don't know who else gave financial assistance. Rich, powerful people do not want Twitter to exist because they can't control the message and Twitter is very dangerous to them.

by Anonymousreply 12December 29, 2022 1:43 AM

[quote] SpaceHey but it seems to mainly be big in Europe.

My female dates in Europe love it.

by Anonymousreply 13December 29, 2022 1:48 AM

“ So when you're near me, darling Can't you hear me, S.O.S.?”

by Anonymousreply 14December 29, 2022 2:00 AM

It's up again, OP.

by Anonymousreply 15December 29, 2022 2:04 AM

Birdie numb numb

by Anonymousreply 16December 29, 2022 2:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!