Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Thoughts on this white coat?

I absolutely love it but am terrified of having a white coat. But it’s so nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 7, 2023 9:07 PM

Wrap it in plastic like people that keep their furniture covered in plastic. Then wear it. It could be a new fashion trend!

by Anonymousreply 1December 26, 2022 8:45 PM

Depends what age you are love , don't want to end up mutton dressed as lamb

by Anonymousreply 2December 26, 2022 8:47 PM

OP, it will not be very warm. First of all, that does not look like down-feathers. But the major flaw is that it closes with just a zipper. There is no interior or exterior storm flap over the zipper. So air cold air can com in. Warm can go out. It seems to have NO cuffs at the sleeve, and no draw-string anywhere. I am sorry it appears to be a very cheaply made light jacket. If it costs 30 dollars, go for it, as a fashion item. Do not pay much for this piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 3December 26, 2022 8:47 PM

IO U gave a simlar coat, white. Just wash it every now and then, lowest temperature. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 4December 26, 2022 8:48 PM

IO U gave = OP I have...

by Anonymousreply 5December 26, 2022 8:49 PM

Dirty in 3–2-1

by Anonymousreply 6December 26, 2022 8:49 PM

R3 they make thinner coats with lots of insulation now.

by Anonymousreply 7December 26, 2022 8:50 PM

You can wear this underneath

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 26, 2022 8:51 PM

As long as you only wear it standing up and a good 5 feet from anything you should be fine 🙄 ... and don't rube your snotty nose on the sleeve 😉

by Anonymousreply 9December 26, 2022 8:54 PM

the sleeves are too short

by Anonymousreply 10December 26, 2022 8:54 PM

^ *rub

by Anonymousreply 11December 26, 2022 8:54 PM

OP, are you the type that wears a white belt and bright white sneakers?

by Anonymousreply 12December 26, 2022 9:04 PM

I am telling you, OP, because you seem naive and unsophisticated. But I understand ski jackets and mountaineering jackets very well. The coat pictured is a cheap fashion item. It will be a bit warm but not too. It is poorly designed. If it costs more than 30 dollars you are being RIPPED OFF. But it is cheap and you can afford the 30 dollars - buy it. If you are paying anything over 50 dollars you are a sad sucker. So, help yourself to it. .

by Anonymousreply 13December 26, 2022 9:12 PM

R13 only it isn’t cheap. Kenneth Cole isn’t cheap. He makes nice items. It’s thin. Yes. It’s not “cheap” though.

by Anonymousreply 14December 26, 2022 9:13 PM

I love the jacket, but I would never trust myself to wear white. If I were getting it for myself I’d get in a different color.

by Anonymousreply 15December 26, 2022 9:15 PM

If it is expensive for your budget DO NOT BUY IT.

If you want a coat that performs in a cold winter do not buy it.

Just because it has a brand name on it does not mean it is quality. I am sorry to tell you, but you are a naive consumer.

The design of that coat is worth 30-50 bucks, tops. GO to an after Christmas sale at H&M or Zara and you will pay under 50 bucks for a similar quality jacket. Maybe a better quality one. Zara has down jackets on sale every year, very inexpensive.

All this crap is MADE IN CHINA.

by Anonymousreply 16December 26, 2022 9:18 PM

It is CHEAPLY made and designed by the way. It truly is. The pockets do not zip. There are not cuffs. There are no drawstrings at the waist. THERE IS NO STORM FLAP. It is a cheaply made fast fashion item. If it is cheap, then it looks fun and buy it.

Good luck to you.

by Anonymousreply 17December 26, 2022 9:20 PM

Maybe some day even cheap ugly coats will be fitted so models won't look prone to wrist frostbite.

by Anonymousreply 18December 26, 2022 9:21 PM

If you want a white Kenneth Cole parka - buy this one. It has many feature YOUR parka lacks. And it is 50 dollars. The price is correct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 26, 2022 9:22 PM

neither coat has a storm flap for the zip, however. And neither coat has a two way zip. Both of those are standard in a quality parka.

by Anonymousreply 20December 26, 2022 9:24 PM

How old are you, OP? If you're over about 30, then you'll look silly.

by Anonymousreply 21December 26, 2022 9:27 PM

OP, what do you think of this lamp? It's a genuine Joanne Tiffany so you know it's high quality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 26, 2022 9:53 PM

Only in California.

by Anonymousreply 23December 27, 2022 3:09 AM

Looks like it’s for blacks.

by Anonymousreply 24December 27, 2022 8:38 AM

I had a white winter coat once (I'm pretty good about keeping white clothing clean too) and it was HELL to keep it clean. My advice is to pick something silver/ light gray, or white, but with another color that help hide every day smudging (like black and white). White coats are like new white sneakers -- might look good, but you have to fight to keep them looking decent.

by Anonymousreply 25December 27, 2022 10:13 AM

You're going to look so good OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 27, 2022 10:18 AM

I love it! Go for it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 27December 27, 2022 10:20 AM

I know a girl who had a white coat like that. A horny yeti attacked her in a snowstorm. And then she died. But it's possible that won't happen to you.

by Anonymousreply 28December 27, 2022 10:22 AM

It's a bit chavvy. Do you wear heavy gold chains and diamond earrings as well?

by Anonymousreply 29December 27, 2022 10:32 AM

I’ve never seen black people in Kenneth Cole.

You really can’t keep your racism to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 30December 27, 2022 3:40 PM

I think girls can get away with white coats.

by Anonymousreply 31December 27, 2022 3:42 PM

You'd wear such a coat AFTER Labor Day?

by Anonymousreply 32December 27, 2022 4:02 PM

I think the Storm Flap Troll is probably accurate in saying that it may not be that warm, but OP didn't say he was in Scandinavia or Alaska. I think it would work if the weather wasn't too cold.

by Anonymousreply 33December 27, 2022 4:15 PM

Do you work in a coal mine, OP?

by Anonymousreply 34December 27, 2022 4:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 27, 2022 6:55 PM

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

by Anonymousreply 36December 27, 2022 7:33 PM

I have a gorgeous white puffer (Y-3) and:

1) It's cute as hell...and, I'm 59.

2) No, it doesn't get "dirty" because I'm not a fucking coal miner. I wear it to go shopping or to the bar or to see a movie or play. If it got something on it, I'd clean/wash it.

by Anonymousreply 37February 7, 2023 8:32 AM

too short, too white... you'll look like an igloo from the waist up.

by Anonymousreply 38February 7, 2023 8:44 AM

OP this is the wrong place to ask. Datalounge has never been known for its style or fashion sense - except Beverly Sutphin of course.

Most posters here wear socks and sandals with mom jeans and think they look fabulous. Sometimes with cowboy hats. Then there's the caftans....

They jeer in wrath and gnash their false teeth at anyone attractive and well-dressed.

There's one large left at Nordstrom for $69.97! Will that fit? If it makes you happy then buy it. If you're over 40 then no - don't do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 7, 2023 8:49 AM

It's a jacket, not a coat.

by Anonymousreply 40February 7, 2023 8:51 AM

R39 so, if you're over 40 you can only dress like someone's suburban dad and not wear anything cute or fun?

by Anonymousreply 41February 7, 2023 8:56 AM

Absolutely not. If you're hot you can do almost anything at any age R41.

And of course - dress the way you want and fuck what anybody else thinks.

by Anonymousreply 42February 7, 2023 9:07 AM

Maybe the jacket material is thin, maybe it isn't. But wearing a puffy white jacket, YOU had better be thin.

by Anonymousreply 43February 7, 2023 9:15 AM

Get it if it makes you happy. But buy with eyes wide open. It will show stains and scuff makers easily. Like real easy. it does look more for show than utility so keep that in mind. Other than that, go for it!!!

by Anonymousreply 44February 7, 2023 9:18 AM

well, what did you do OP? warm weather's coming....

by Anonymousreply 45February 7, 2023 12:24 PM

It’s cute. I’d get in on sale. Wear it doing errands but not if you’re going to be standing around outside for hours.

by Anonymousreply 46February 7, 2023 12:24 PM

What I want to know is, what are some of you whores doing to get your jackets so filthy?

If you're rolling around the floor of some sex club, then maybe wear some ratty old jacket or something easily washed.

by Anonymousreply 47February 7, 2023 9:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!