Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you think Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell slept together?

You cannot deny the love and affection in Eddie’s eyes when he looks at Chris and can't resist kissing him. Any stories about these two or other “straight” musicians?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2024 1:34 PM

A lot of grunge and punk bands did performative bisexuality and identified as "queer" way before it was cool. To make a statement condemning the gay panic and homophobia that the Reagan and Bush administration further normalized.

by Anonymousreply 1December 25, 2022 2:17 AM

Both had great voices.

by Anonymousreply 2December 25, 2022 2:20 AM

Don't call me Bottom, not fit to.

by Anonymousreply 3December 25, 2022 2:26 AM

Eddie Vedder always seems so cool (not quite "too cool for school," though). It was funny to see him gaze at Chris Cornell like Taron Egerton looking at Hugh Jackman.

Chris Cornell probably could have had any man or woman he wanted.

Yes, both had amazing voices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 25, 2022 2:33 AM

Chris Cornell was hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 25, 2022 11:25 PM

I don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 6December 25, 2022 11:32 PM

R5 Yes. He was a hottie and seemed like a nice person. Sad he killed himself. Antidepressants can be lethal.

by Anonymousreply 7December 25, 2022 11:32 PM

OP the last thing that a closeted gay or bi man is going to do it be be filmed kissing another man.

Just. Won’t. Happen.

by Anonymousreply 8December 25, 2022 11:42 PM

When Vedder was new to the Seattle scene, Chris Cornell took him under his wing. I think it was more big brother, hero worship thing than a sex thing.

by Anonymousreply 9December 25, 2022 11:51 PM

Dang, how short is Eddie?

Chris could sing his ass off and seems really nice, too - and obviously stupid fine, RIP.

by Anonymousreply 10December 26, 2022 12:17 AM

R9, that video is so cool! They really were great together as friends & musicians. I can understand why Vedder looks at him so adoringly, he's so striking. Especially with his shirt off. Like the one guy says in the vid, "He's got a nice chest too. Jesus." 😮 In high school I had a page- size tearout poster of Cornell shirtless with the loooooong hair, all sweaty onstage.

by Anonymousreply 11December 26, 2022 12:19 AM

I would not be surprised if either had bisexual lives. Punk and alternative rock was never for the closed minded. Punk especially was extremely gay and the scene wanted to distinguish themselves from macho mainstream rock.

by Anonymousreply 12December 26, 2022 12:20 AM

[quote] seems really nice, too

Not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 13December 26, 2022 12:21 AM

[quote] Antidepressants can be lethal.

Nice try, Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 14August 16, 2024 7:01 PM

Eddie Vedder is one of the greatest rock vocalists. I agree with the poster who said their bisexuality was likely performative. Eddie is married to a former fashion model, super pretty traditionally femme looking.

by Anonymousreply 15August 16, 2024 7:12 PM

Punk was gay? Including the skinheads?

by Anonymousreply 16August 16, 2024 7:14 PM

Pat Smear did seem a little “performative” to me, especially with his boxing magazines.

by Anonymousreply 17August 16, 2024 7:16 PM

I’m sorry you guys know I had to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 16, 2024 7:24 PM

Is there some reason we persist in using the very outdated euphemism "slept together"?

by Anonymousreply 19August 16, 2024 7:36 PM

R19? Since when is slept together a euphemism. The only adults who sleep together but ain’t fucking are Oprah and Gayle.

by Anonymousreply 20August 16, 2024 7:40 PM

What kind of loser poses questions like this?

by Anonymousreply 21August 16, 2024 7:42 PM

DL losers

by Anonymousreply 22August 16, 2024 7:49 PM

[quote]Since when is slept together a euphemism. The only adults who sleep together but ain’t fucking are Oprah and Gayle.

Seriously? Do you always spend the night with everyone you have sex with?

by Anonymousreply 23August 16, 2024 7:49 PM

R23 not always but Im saying we’re not talking one night stands. They were friends and the OP is posing if they were also lovers. Whatever yo. This weirdo fkin shit. I’m not about get caught up in this weirdo debate. I’m already weird enough as is 😆

by Anonymousreply 24August 16, 2024 7:52 PM

Along with Jeff Buckley, Chris Cornell was one of the best vocalists of his generation.

by Anonymousreply 25August 16, 2024 8:22 PM

"Slept together" is, indeed, a euphemism. It is a pretty silly one and I stopped using it, pretty much.

by Anonymousreply 26August 16, 2024 8:29 PM

R28 They cuddled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 16, 2024 8:31 PM

Chris was sooooooo hot.

by Anonymousreply 28August 16, 2024 8:47 PM

They made a brilliant collaboration with Temple of The Dog, Hungerstrike.

Amazing together...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 16, 2024 8:55 PM

Grunge was full of hot guys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 25, 2024 10:59 PM

Sleeping together is not a euphemism. Making love is a euphemism. Sleeping together is non profanity way of saying having sex.

by Anonymousreply 31August 25, 2024 11:17 PM

OP, what a silly question, you obviously don't have brothers.

by Anonymousreply 32August 25, 2024 11:47 PM

Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder? No.

Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington from Linkin Park? Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 33August 26, 2024 12:50 AM

Springsteen and Clarence Clemons used to kiss in concert all the time. And what of Magic Johnson kissin’ on the basketball court…

by Anonymousreply 34August 26, 2024 1:44 AM

alice in chains hanging out at the water park - check out jerry cantrell letting it all hang in a speedo. netflix should bring back cool music interview shows like this. i miss this era of mtv.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 26, 2024 11:43 AM

hot blonds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 26, 2024 12:21 PM

R35 They're at Action Park, another place I'm fascinated with as I wasn't old enough to be able to go, although not sure I'd want to given the horror stories from other guests.

by Anonymousreply 37August 26, 2024 2:23 PM

Very interesting video I found lately. Pearl Jam playing a show at Tower Records before their debut blew all the way up. Near the end of this video, Eddie starts chatting with the guy who's recording the tape and he seems REALLY flirty. He looks awestruck and keeps telling the guy how handsome and healthy he is. I think he's just stoned and on lsd or a light dose of shrooms or e/mdma but he seems really attracted and interested in the guy. Moment is around 35 minutes in. "You look great. You look really handsome and healthy!" Eddie is very sexy and charismatic but I didn't realize he's such a short guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2024 4:14 AM

R37 check out at action park by shellac, it's one of the most legendary noise rock/post punk albums of all time. if you like pummeling riffs and rhythm sections it doesn't get much better than that record.

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2024 4:15 AM

Eddie's music for the movie Into the Wild is top notch.

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2024 8:21 AM

I think Eddie was the beautiful one. But yes- he's short. Never thought Cornell was all that. He had kind of a rat face, imo. But he seemed like a good guy and his death was so sad. To the poster who said Eddie's wife Jill is very femme and that it confirms his heterosexuality, I'd suggest looking into his ex wife, Beth Liebling, who he was with for almost 20 years and was most certainly *not* the feminine ideal, unless we're talking about early 90's Seattle.....by which standards she was a prize. And Eddie didn't get to know his real father and he's spoken of how that impacted him. He was probably always looking for father figures, 'older brothers' and male approval in general. Sometimes lines get blurred with that kind thing. I say bi.

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2024 9:38 AM

R41 he was with Beth before he got famous notably, I think since he was 16. I think the stalker incident may have fucked their relationship up a lot.

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2024 1:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!