Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Zelenskyy needs to put on a fucking suit and tie if he is going to address Congress

I support him but this was bullshit. His personal brand takes a backseat when he is addressing a joint session. Are you kidding?

by Anonymousreply 162December 26, 2022 11:34 AM

Ok granny.

by Anonymousreply 1December 22, 2022 4:47 AM

Gurl, would a nice tan suit placate your righteous anger?

by Anonymousreply 2December 22, 2022 4:48 AM

Op fuck off

by Anonymousreply 3December 22, 2022 4:48 AM

Yup! Tan suit TROLL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 22, 2022 4:49 AM

OP You're in the minority, jackass.

by Anonymousreply 5December 22, 2022 4:49 AM

A house that allows anti-semites and racists to serve in its Chambers has no right to demand or expect any sort of respect or decorum for anybody.

by Anonymousreply 6December 22, 2022 4:49 AM

Ok, Klan Granny.

by Anonymousreply 7December 22, 2022 4:50 AM

He look preposterous. His being unable to change his fucking clothes makes it all seem like it's theatre.

He is there representing the Ukranian people to the people of the United States. His little outfit stunt queening shits on both peoples.

by Anonymousreply 8December 22, 2022 4:52 AM

How am I a fucking Klan Granny? I’m black (and not biracial either) and I actually like Meghan Markle.

You’re an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 9December 22, 2022 4:53 AM

OP = still in a tizzy over Jimmy Carter's cardigan sweaters.

Thank God Ronald Reagan rescued America by always wearing a three-piece suit!

by Anonymousreply 10December 22, 2022 4:56 AM

Why would he have to put on society’s gender costumes just to please some madeup cisgender norms?

by Anonymousreply 11December 22, 2022 4:58 AM

People dress better than that when going to the fucking bank to ask for a loan. They dress better than that in offices all around the world, every day. Understandable for him to wear it in a warzone, but to pretend as if he had no opportunity to change his clothes during the 10 hour flight over is just stunt queening and makes a mockery of what the Ukrainian people are going through while flipping the bird at the people giving him tens of billions.

by Anonymousreply 12December 22, 2022 4:58 AM

I don't have a problem with his attire. He's a courageous man. He could of left his country at the beginning of the war. He should be admired. I bet OP would have got the hell our of Dodge at the earliest opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 13December 22, 2022 5:00 AM

*out

by Anonymousreply 14December 22, 2022 5:01 AM

Exactly none of which is relevant to the topic of this thread. It is RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL to address a joint session of Congress in a fucking cotton sweater shirt. We are putting our own security on the line in America by running this proxy war on his behalf. And he shows up in Fabletics?

by Anonymousreply 15December 22, 2022 5:05 AM

I did feel it was a bit of a stunt too but then again, more important things to be concerned about

by Anonymousreply 16December 22, 2022 5:07 AM

[quote] but to pretend as if he had no opportunity to change his clothes during the 10 hour flight over is just stunt queening

Yes but he is the idol of the editorial pages so we must play along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 22, 2022 5:07 AM

Didn't he vow not to wear a suit again until after the war was won?

by Anonymousreply 18December 22, 2022 5:07 AM

He dressed exactly the way he dresses when he leads his people as President of Ukraine. He’s here as representative for the people of his country and their desperate need to survive this conflict. He’s as authentic here as when he’s addressing his nation.

by Anonymousreply 19December 22, 2022 5:10 AM

He looks fantastic and manly. Who gives a shit about a suit when Republicans have turned congress into a clown show ?

by Anonymousreply 20December 22, 2022 5:12 AM

What do you want? A poorly fitted portly suit with a three foot red tie. You must be a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 21December 22, 2022 5:13 AM

R15 well smell you Emily Post. Make sure to RSVP with regrets that you'll be unable to attend any events you've been invited to before you go ahead and jump into a giant grease fire dumb f***.

by Anonymousreply 22December 22, 2022 5:14 AM

Talk about a non-issue...

by Anonymousreply 23December 22, 2022 5:14 AM

And the Ukrainian people who are still alive and have power in their homes look to him when they see this in the news and hope he has his priorities for them in order (he does). . If I were in Ukraine I would have been pissed seeing him in some expensive suit.

by Anonymousreply 24December 22, 2022 5:15 AM

Fucking Jew don't know how to dress proper!

by Anonymousreply 25December 22, 2022 5:15 AM

Do you have an aneurysm every time Kristen Cinema shows up in whatever clown outfit she's conjured?

by Anonymousreply 26December 22, 2022 5:16 AM

He needs to keep up his “war”time leader image. Or maybe he can’t afford a suit, needs a few more billion. Seriously though, all the propaganda around this guy is ham handed and weird.

by Anonymousreply 27December 22, 2022 5:18 AM

OP is worse than Shitler.

by Anonymousreply 28December 22, 2022 5:19 AM

R24 is perfectly correct. It never occurs to Americans that they are not someone's main audience. Congress knows as well as Zelensky does that the outfit is meant to speak to his people at home. They don't want to see him look like he's capitulated to the West by being there. He also wants to remind Congress of the reality of the wartorn world he's representing. As he says, what the Western world is giving Ukraine is not a gift, it's insurance for the values of democracy and non-aggression, which allows Ukraine to shoulder the burden of the war instead of allowing it to spread. And nobody can argue that they're doing their bit in that department. Anybody want to swap places with them?

He wore plenty of suits and tuxes before the war, in his time as a wildly successful comedian, actor, creative and studio head. What he is, is a master of messaging. We're just not used to seeing that in politics.

by Anonymousreply 29December 22, 2022 5:28 AM

I wanted something strapless and with a plunging back.

by Anonymousreply 30December 22, 2022 5:32 AM

He planned on wearing a beautiful tailored black Armani 3-piece suit, but some dude in a dress with a gigantic bald head made off with his luggage at the baggage claim.

by Anonymousreply 31December 22, 2022 5:33 AM

[quote] it's insurance for the values of democracy and non-aggression,

Rubbish! Putin is currently America's demon of the month, so America financially supports Ukraine in that the enemy of my enemy is my friend kinda way. Conveniently ignoring that Ukraine is just as fascist and bigoted as Russia.

by Anonymousreply 32December 22, 2022 5:35 AM

If he's speaking to Congress, he's speaking to the American people, r29. Ludicrous to even suggest otherwise. And as he spoke, he metaphorically held up his middle finger to them. WHILE demanding BILLIONS.

It is inconceivable to me that anyone is ok with this. Churchill was the leader of a wartime country and he managed not only to find a suit but to find a dinner jacket for the occasion. Why? Because Churchill respected the venue and the American people. Zelensky doesn't. He looks like he's playing a role when he does this. Like its all some act and that's his costume for the act. He may think he's "cool" with this stunt but showing respect is basic diplomacy, and diplomacy is far more important than him feeling "cool."

Also, his wife managed to get beautiful clothes for their Vogue photoshoot IN UKRAINE. If she can change her clothes in the middle of a warzone, he can change his clothes in a fucking safe zone. He just wanted to tell the people of the US to fuck off. And he succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 33December 22, 2022 5:36 AM

[quote] It never occurs to Americans that they are not someone's main audience.

How odd, given that he was invited to address [italic]our[/italic] joint congress and [italic]our[/italic] president in [italic]our[/italic] national Capitol!

by Anonymousreply 34December 22, 2022 5:37 AM

[quote] It never occurs to Americans that they are not someone's main audience.

A hundred billion American dollars poured into the Ukraine with little or no oversight disagrees about who is the actual target audience

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 22, 2022 5:39 AM

R33 girl shut up you’re gonna give yourself a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 36December 22, 2022 5:39 AM

Do we need to remind ourselves of the many extremely disrespectful things the last US president said explicitly about many other sovereign nations, and the peoples of those nations? Read yourselves first.

by Anonymousreply 37December 22, 2022 5:41 AM

Did Marjorie Taylor Green attend or was she afraid Zelensky would start shooting lasers out of his eyes?

by Anonymousreply 38December 22, 2022 5:41 AM

Boebert and Gaetz sat and looked at their phones during the standing ovations.

by Anonymousreply 39December 22, 2022 5:43 AM

[quote] He could of left his country

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 40December 22, 2022 5:44 AM

Looks like many missed the point of what he wore.

by Anonymousreply 41December 22, 2022 5:49 AM

So is this a First? I think it must be as I can't think of a single other person with the temerity to show up in that place like that. I wonder if he'll similarly show the same middle finger to Westminster or the Elysee Palace.

Maybe next time he goes to demand billions from the American taxpayers from the Congress floor he can sport a snappy tracksuit. The kind that would make Essex boys and Jersey Shore types drool with envy.

by Anonymousreply 42December 22, 2022 5:50 AM

R41 Change your diaper and go back to bed.

by Anonymousreply 43December 22, 2022 5:51 AM

[quote] Looks like many missed the point of what he wore.

What is the point?

Does anyone have a pic of his costume?

by Anonymousreply 44December 22, 2022 5:55 AM

Can you be bigger queens? "We shouldn't have given them billions because he didn't dress well enough." Clearly the US should have poured money into Princess Diana. And that Mr Putin wore a lovely suit to meet Donald Trump.

He's not demanding money. He is showing gratitude for the support Ukraine has received, and at the same time reminding Congress that it's his people who are suffering the war to contain Putin's aggression, supported by the West because it doesn't want to have to deal one-on-one with Putin itself. Tell me that's not the sheer fact of the matter. Ukraine is on the border of a NATO country: if Putin steps over that line intentionally it's an automatic WWIII. So Ukraine is getting the shit bombed out of it to push the Russians back. I'd be politely thankful but I wouldn't be grovelling either.

[quote]Churchill was the leader of a wartime country and he managed not only to find a suit but to find a dinner jacket for the occasion. Why?

Because Churchill was a fucking aristo who was rarely OUT of a dinner jacket. He was there primarily to have after-dinner drinkies with Roosevelt and sort things out between two chaps who knew what was Done. It is virtually impossible to find a picture of Churchill in less than a three-piece suit, and the English people in the 1940s would have balked at being led by someone who was neither in a three-piece suit nor a spruce officer's uniform with brass and medals.

R33, Zelensky's wife and children were evacuated from Ukraine early in the piece and their location has not been disclosed, but it's not much of a stab to assume it's somewhere in the West. Besides which, did you not watch The Devil Wears Prada? When you do a Vogue photoshoot, Vogue supplies the clothes unless you have a specific objection.

R35, if the US has given billions with little or no oversight, that's the US's issue. Nothing to stop it sending accountants and auditors along with the package. In any case, repeating, it's not a gift to Ukraine, it's a containment strategy for Putin's aggression.

by Anonymousreply 45December 22, 2022 5:57 AM

“His being unable to change his fucking clothes makes it all seem like it's theatre.”

But it WAS theater, Blanche, it was!

by Anonymousreply 46December 22, 2022 6:01 AM

Sorry OP, his glam squad was obliterated by one of Putin’ bombs. He didn’t know what to do, you know these straight men and their relationship with clothes.

by Anonymousreply 47December 22, 2022 6:02 AM

tacky is tacky.

and it does look a bit commie.

do we know what we are doing?

by Anonymousreply 48December 22, 2022 6:03 AM

It's still not on, r45, no matter how many times you announce that it's all fine. He keep hitting these bum notes, the Vogue shoot was a bum note, as were all of his touted appearances at Western awards shows, and his demanding that we all start WW3 on his behalf.

This isn't some dinner party where someone turned up in a sweatshirt, this is the floor of the US Congress. He intentionally showed disrespect. The fact that he did it while demanding money just adds an ironic cherry on top.

by Anonymousreply 49December 22, 2022 6:05 AM

They couldn’t find any thing to pick at in the substance of his speech, so they criticize his clothing?

Wow, they’re really grasping for straws these days.

by Anonymousreply 50December 22, 2022 6:06 AM

Who is "they", r50?

by Anonymousreply 51December 22, 2022 6:08 AM

He did wear a nice sweater.

by Anonymousreply 52December 22, 2022 6:08 AM

i didn't watch the speech, but noticed the militaristic kit.

can anyone trust a military leader?

by Anonymousreply 53December 22, 2022 6:09 AM

If you have to ask, r51, you’re probably one of them.

by Anonymousreply 54December 22, 2022 6:10 AM

[quote]Who is "they", [R50]?

People who still say "commie".

by Anonymousreply 55December 22, 2022 6:11 AM

[quote] Ukraine is on the border of a NATO country: if Putin steps over that line intentionally it's an automatic WWIII.

R45 Such hyperbolic nonsense! No one, not the US or another other NATO ally, is going to go to war with Russia over Poland or the Baltic countries. They will be far too busy trying to stay warm to bother.

by Anonymousreply 56December 22, 2022 6:12 AM

I listened on NPR. Who cares what he wore. Pelosi is a fucking boss for pulling this off right before leaving power.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 22, 2022 6:13 AM

OP, characters always wear a costume.

Zelensky is an actor and puppet.

by Anonymousreply 58December 22, 2022 6:14 AM

Oh you little puppies. Stop majoring in marketing and gender studies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 22, 2022 6:16 AM

That's the UN, r59. Nobody takes the UN seriously.

by Anonymousreply 60December 22, 2022 6:20 AM

“If blue helmeted UN peacekeepers show up in your town or village and offer to protect you, RUN.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 22, 2022 6:26 AM

Boris is screeching his lungs out in all the Ukraine threads.

by Anonymousreply 62December 22, 2022 6:28 AM

He's a very, very tiny man. If he wore a cute suit and tie with shiny dress shoes, he'd look like some little girl's doll. He made the right choice.

by Anonymousreply 63December 22, 2022 6:33 AM

I'd prefer in the nude. I bet he has a nice, juicy hog. Cut too.

by Anonymousreply 64December 22, 2022 6:37 AM

OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 22, 2022 6:41 AM

r65, this is a gay board. do you really expect us not to notice what he was wearing, number 1, and number 2, do you really think that the only people who will criticise this move are Trump people? I guarantee you that if he does as he's promising and shows up at Westminster, dressed like that, it will NOT go down well.

by Anonymousreply 66December 22, 2022 6:44 AM

I bet so, too, R64. Nice and thick and hanging from a thick, black bush.

I actually feel a bit guilty lusting after the man given what an existential struggle his country is in but he's so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 67December 22, 2022 6:44 AM

go fuck yourself, stupid piece of shit OP

by Anonymousreply 68December 22, 2022 6:45 AM

R66

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 22, 2022 6:47 AM

[quote] …I’m black (and not biracial either) … I actually like Meghan Markle. —OP

OP, what kind of suit will get your approval?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 22, 2022 7:04 AM

I'd eat his ass.

by Anonymousreply 71December 22, 2022 7:07 AM

OP has just reached a new low on DL

by Anonymousreply 72December 22, 2022 7:09 AM

[quote] Pelosi is a fucking boss for pulling this off

R51 What did she pull off?

His khaki sweater?

by Anonymousreply 73December 22, 2022 7:11 AM

OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 22, 2022 7:17 AM

[quote] His personal brand takes a backseat when he is addressing a joint session. Are you kidding?

He's a head of state. Of another country. U.S. Congress is not an authority over him, nor is it his peer.

by Anonymousreply 75December 22, 2022 7:26 AM

you dem. lemmings are as bad as anyone else, and opinions vary across the spectrum.

yes, i'm anti russia, and his appearance has given me pause.

stop letting people tell you what to think and think for yourself.

sign of a weak mind, that is...

by Anonymousreply 76December 22, 2022 7:27 AM

We know it's the UN, R60. The UN is more serious than one country's congress.

Point sailing over R60's head.

by Anonymousreply 77December 22, 2022 7:32 AM

R76 = think for yourself, but only if you agree with me.

by Anonymousreply 78December 22, 2022 7:34 AM

Maybe a jacket? No?

by Anonymousreply 79December 22, 2022 7:36 AM

On a scale of 1 to 10, Zelensky not wearing a suit rates solid "who gives a fuck?"

by Anonymousreply 80December 22, 2022 7:42 AM

nah...you lost the point, r78.

not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 81December 22, 2022 7:44 AM

[quote] Zelenskyy needs to put on a fucking suit

What does a f##king suit look like?

by Anonymousreply 82December 22, 2022 7:48 AM

You don't have a point, or a shift key.

by Anonymousreply 83December 22, 2022 7:49 AM

not a hitler knock off.

by Anonymousreply 84December 22, 2022 7:51 AM

R84 ?

by Anonymousreply 85December 22, 2022 7:57 AM

OP is a prisspot, Zelenskyy is a real man

by Anonymousreply 86December 22, 2022 8:05 AM

Right now Zelensky is at war and as the Leader of the Free World he can wear what he likes.

He'll shine his shoes for OP when Ukraine wins.

by Anonymousreply 87December 22, 2022 8:43 AM

[quote] How am I a fucking Klan Granny? I’m black (and not biracial either) and [bold] Iactually like Meghan Markle.[/bold] You’re an idiot

Not the poster you are responding to, OP.

But your statements above are self-explanatory. Before calling others “an idiot”, perhaps take a hard look in the mirror.

Projection is a real thing and thanks to you, we’ve had a clear demonstration of it via this thread.

by Anonymousreply 88December 22, 2022 8:44 AM

Guests should be allowed to wear whatever they want when they're invited to be in the presence of the most powerful humans on planet Earth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 22, 2022 8:49 AM

He's the leader of the free world?!

Not mine.

by Anonymousreply 90December 22, 2022 8:51 AM

[quote] I actually like Meghan Markle. You’re an idiot.

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

by Anonymousreply 91December 22, 2022 8:54 AM

I’d have been happier if he hadn’t worn any clothes.

by Anonymousreply 92December 22, 2022 8:55 AM

[quote]How am I a fucking Klan Granny? I’m black (and not biracial either) and Iactually like Meghan Markle. You’re an idiot

Ok, you are not Klan Granny (what a stupid term btw). You are just a frauish obnoxious queen obsessed with royals.

by Anonymousreply 93December 22, 2022 8:58 AM

I just can't bear the color khaki!

by Anonymousreply 94December 22, 2022 9:04 AM

I agree OP, he looks like Fidel Castro in that get up. How is saying he's dressed inappropriately being a "Klan Granny" ( stupid fucking name).

by Anonymousreply 95December 22, 2022 9:07 AM

I want to fuck him. No clothing necessary.

by Anonymousreply 96December 22, 2022 9:08 AM

Zelensky is wearing a form of military fatigues. I believe he does this to show his support/unity with the AFU. It’s a morale thing.

by Anonymousreply 97December 22, 2022 9:10 AM

Join the club, R9. I've been called a MAGA Republican here. A very confused one I guess having voted for Obama, Clinton and Biden(!)

by Anonymousreply 98December 22, 2022 9:14 AM

[bold][italic] Only trash doesn't wear a suit and tie to church, Hisstopher. We may be poor and living in an apartment above Mr. McGregor's grocery store, but we are not trash! I always wear gloves and you, my good boy, you always sit so nicely during church. You don't mind what those other boys say now, Hissy! You are mother's good boy and we are not trash!

by Anonymousreply 99December 22, 2022 9:15 AM

R98, don't worry. If people disagree with you here on the DL, their first retort is that the other person is a Magat or a Russian troll.

by Anonymousreply 100December 22, 2022 9:26 AM

He's in the middle of fighting a war. He can wear whatever the fuck he wants.

by Anonymousreply 101December 22, 2022 9:32 AM

I'm sure that they've discussed what he should wear. His main worry is that Republicans will block weapons and aid so maybe they concluded that not looking like a suit would be the best strategy to take.

by Anonymousreply 102December 22, 2022 9:49 AM

OP Is Lady Susan Hussey: 'Where are you from Mr Zelenskyy?'

by Anonymousreply 103December 22, 2022 12:34 PM

I think Zelenskyy looked fine. He maybe dressed even a little too formal for the Senate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 22, 2022 3:46 PM

Few points on this:

1. US congress isn’t the hallowed space a lot of you think it is, it’s full of crooks that use their position to get rich, and not really worthy of much (if any) respect. 2. A mark of whether someone has put effort into their outfit does not only depend on the type of clothes they are wearing. Zelensky’s outfit was chosen for a specific reason related to his country’s current plight, it fits well, suits him, is clean, nice colour and makes him look great. Most of the politicians in that room are wearing badly fitting, polyester, linty, old, unflattering suits.

So who’s really dressed more appropriately?

To the dinosaurs in here. Wearing a suit doesn’t cut it anymore, it is no longer the only marker of wearing an appropriate outfit. This is not 1985.

by Anonymousreply 105December 22, 2022 4:23 PM

It’s always the Nazis with terrible taste who try to police what people wear.

by Anonymousreply 106December 22, 2022 4:33 PM

OP prefers a more respectful butcher ensemble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 22, 2022 4:38 PM

Imitation is the sincerest form of douchery,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 22, 2022 4:41 PM

Can one ever trust a Slav?

Or Gypsy?

by Anonymousreply 109December 22, 2022 5:02 PM

Why doesn't Elon have some sort of binder for those boobs like they're so gross.

by Anonymousreply 110December 22, 2022 11:43 PM

it's so obvious that Elon takes steroids.

by Anonymousreply 111December 22, 2022 11:44 PM

OP needs to have an army threaten to kill him for 8-10 months so we can see how lovely he dresses after running for his life.

by Anonymousreply 112December 22, 2022 11:47 PM

Before I discovered Datalounge I would have thought that the OP was making a sly joke, pretending to be the sort of hyper prissy shop bottom who really would be upset about that.

But now I know better and understand that he's not mocking anyone.

by Anonymousreply 113December 22, 2022 11:53 PM

Go fuck yourself, OP.

by Anonymousreply 114December 22, 2022 11:55 PM

Here's what Winston Churchill wore when he visited the White House during wartime (Churchill also needed U.S. support to win the war). Same kind of thing - casual military dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 23, 2022 12:28 AM

Who is ‘Courcy’???

by Anonymousreply 116December 23, 2022 12:44 AM

[quote]How dare President Zelensky address US Congress wearing orange face paint, Depends, a girdle, shoe lifts, a floppy blue suit smelling of meatloaf & desperation while geeked on Adderall with a dead ferret on his head. Oh, wait..that was Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 23, 2022 12:47 AM

[quote] Depends, a girdle, shoe lifts, desperation while geeked

That could be Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 118December 23, 2022 12:50 AM

Oops r116 was posted in the wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 119December 23, 2022 1:27 AM

R15, you can comfort yourself in that you are in full agreement with Putin supporter Tucker Carlson on this.

by Anonymousreply 120December 23, 2022 4:51 AM

THAT'S what your takeaway was, OP? Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 121December 23, 2022 5:12 AM

Zelensky has major swag.

by Anonymousreply 122December 23, 2022 7:53 PM

[quote]Zelenskyy needs to put on a fucking suit and tie if he is going to address Congress

Zelinskyy needs to take off all of his clothes I think

by Anonymousreply 123December 23, 2022 7:58 PM

Zelensky looks like a man who carries a big, swinging dick.

by Anonymousreply 124December 23, 2022 8:03 PM

I had to chuckle at Tucker Carlson's description of him as "dressed like a strip club manager."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 23, 2022 8:10 PM

Tucker is a closet case who wants Zelensky's big cock up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 126December 23, 2022 8:24 PM

Tucker is clearly a stripper

by Anonymousreply 127December 24, 2022 12:23 PM

R120, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Is that the real problem here? That I happen to agree with Tucker Carlson that it’s disrespectful for a foreign head of state to show up to Congress asking the American people for money while wearing battle fatigues?

Kind of pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 128December 24, 2022 1:15 PM

R115: is that what he wore when address a joint meeting of Congress?

by Anonymousreply 129December 24, 2022 1:16 PM

R112: Running for his life? We sent a Boeing jetliner to pick him up and bring him to Washington.

by Anonymousreply 130December 24, 2022 1:18 PM

[quote] To the dinosaurs in here. Wearing a suit doesn’t cut it anymore, it is no longer the only marker of wearing an appropriate outfit. This is not 1985.

Battle fatigues are not appropriate attire for Congress, dipshit. Congress actually has a dress code for its members and guests. Or at least the House of Representatives does.

You want to suck his dick, I get it. But battle fatigues are not appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 131December 24, 2022 1:20 PM

[quote] Battle fatigues are not appropriate attire for Congress, dipshit. Congress actually has a dress code for its members and guests. Or at least the House of Representatives does.

I actually don’t find him attractive R131. Altho saying that he’s hotter than almost every one of your fat old congressmen lol. Just because you’re old and you think congress is some hallowed space doesn’t mean it’s so. To anyone with a working brain, the US congress is full to the brim with corruption, vested interests etc. and warmongering, therefore….not worthy of respect. An old undershirt and jeans would be more respectful than that place deserves x.

by Anonymousreply 132December 24, 2022 4:04 PM

OP=screwed up priorities. This is wartime for them, but OP would rather he have the visual of a successful businessman who doesn't need our aid.

by Anonymousreply 133December 24, 2022 4:11 PM

This is just the Repugs admitting once again they have nothing to offer so they just attack anything.

Mr. Potato Head, Drag Brunches, Libraries, Tan Suits, etc.

by Anonymousreply 134December 24, 2022 4:45 PM

R128, what were you hoping to accomplish with your oh-so-serious complaint? Like Carlson, to mock and minimize the impact of his visit and speech? Or to simply ignore the importance of the US support for Ukraine's war against Russian tyranny in favor of the most irrelevant sartorial bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 135December 24, 2022 5:37 PM

The olive-green Garanimals of a failed state leader in time of war

by Anonymousreply 136December 24, 2022 5:39 PM

I’m sure your impotent insults make him oh so very sad, r136

by Anonymousreply 137December 24, 2022 6:41 PM

Kudos to OP as this is a great troll.

Picking a topic that would rile up DL's Maiden Aunt Brigade of prissy elderly homosexuals and then continuing to double down on it, reviving the thread when it appears to be flagging whilst amping up the prisspottery each time.

Well played, OP

by Anonymousreply 138December 24, 2022 6:44 PM

I was offended on behalf of the president.

by Anonymousreply 139December 24, 2022 6:54 PM

Here’s Winston Churchill visiting the White House, in December 1941, wearing a “siren suit,” that is, a green fatigue coverall worn to protect one’s clothing in case of air raid in England. Churchill called it a “romper.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 24, 2022 7:02 PM

OP at R139, the President wasn’t offended.

About Zelenskyy riding in Air Force One, that was done because he’s a head of state that is badly needed by his people, and it was thought Putin wouldn’t have the nerve to shoot down Air Force One, thereby insuring Zalenskyy’s safety. If Putin had shot down the official plane of the President of the United States, it probably would have been considered an act of war against the United States. And from Putin’s point of view, there was no guarantee Biden wasn’t on it, or his family or staff. And the U.S. is a NATO country, so all our allies would have gone in too. That would have been WWIII. Even Putin’s not that stupid.

It’s fascinating to me that all these perpetually offended people seem to have no idea what’s going on or why. Biden was just making Zelenskyy’s trip the safest ever.

by Anonymousreply 141December 24, 2022 7:11 PM

r137 I had no idea he was a DL regular.

I would've upped my insult game

by Anonymousreply 142December 24, 2022 7:28 PM

R141, the US didn't send Air Force One (which, BTW, isn't an actual plane - it's two modified 747 planes, and whichever one has the president on it becomes AF1). They sent a regular US Air Force transport (a modified 737), which is very different. They flew from Poland, so the chances of being shot down were minimal.

by Anonymousreply 143December 24, 2022 11:01 PM

Delusional tshirt troll man.

by Anonymousreply 144December 24, 2022 11:09 PM

just tacky

by Anonymousreply 145December 24, 2022 11:24 PM

When you think Zelensky's cameo at a state visit is a flex you might not be wrong but it's funny how we don't find other military regalia just ridiculous all the time. My favourites.. It's a toss up between North Korean generals, Prince Andrew and Gaddafi with his fantasy uniforms. (Note: I really like Zelensky.) The interesring thing for me is that his cameo makes the suits and pantsuits appear like costumes too - which of course they are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146December 25, 2022 12:13 AM

[quote]OP at [R139], the President wasn’t offended.

How do you know that?

What, do you think the president is going to go on a pap stroll down Pennsylvania Avenue and complain to TMZ.com about it?

by Anonymousreply 147December 25, 2022 5:27 AM

Excrement snackers in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 148December 25, 2022 5:31 AM

Totally, how many angels dance on the head of a pin is a more important thing to complain about

by Anonymousreply 149December 25, 2022 5:26 PM

[quote]How do you know that?

We know that, r147, because we have brains and aren't trolls.

by Anonymousreply 150December 25, 2022 7:24 PM

I don't think you know jack shit, considering it is well known that tension exists between the president and Zelenskyy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 25, 2022 10:58 PM

[quote]There is deep mistrust between the White House and President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine — considerably more than has been reported.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152December 25, 2022 10:59 PM

So obviously you don't know a damn thing, you brain dead, low information idiot @ R150. My money is on the president being perturbed with Zelenskyy's self centered showboating in front of Congress. He just has too much class for you to hear about it directly from him.

by Anonymousreply 153December 25, 2022 11:01 PM

Take the Troll Bait Eldergays!!

Yes!!!

Yes!!

Keep taking it!!!

by Anonymousreply 154December 25, 2022 11:28 PM

R150 is right.

by Anonymousreply 155December 25, 2022 11:40 PM

America is onto the repug’s trolling. They’ve cried wolf too many times over stupid stuff like this.

by Anonymousreply 156December 26, 2022 12:10 AM

R150 doesn't give a shit whether a foreign leader comes to America and respects our institutions while he is asking for our money. The reason why is because he wants to suck Zelenskyy's dick. Now that is pathetic.

If the president of Somalia showed up on the floor of Congress in his battle fatigues asking for money, this idiot would have his pitchforks out. Wouldn't cha, R150?

by Anonymousreply 157December 26, 2022 4:42 AM

I love how r141 expounded at great length on how and why Zelenskyy was "flown in on AF1", just as r141 has expounded in great detail on all things Ukraine up and down this thread.

Meanwhile, r141 did not even so much as have FUCKING CLUE about the fact that it COULD NOT HAVE BEEN AF1 unless the President himself went to pick him up personally.

We now have so many useless, ignorant, lying people polluting this site, every one of them pretending to be an "expert", and of which r141 is "Exhibit A".

by Anonymousreply 158December 26, 2022 5:25 AM

[quote]This is just the Repugs admitting once again they have nothing to offer so they just attack anything. Mr. Potato Head, Drag Brunches, Libraries, Tan Suits, etc.

R134 - You forgot Michelle Obama's SLEEVELESS DRESS!!!

by Anonymousreply 159December 26, 2022 5:33 AM

Exactly, R158.

These idiots think they are standing on principle when they dismiss Zelenskyy's obviously disrespectful power move. But they never stop to ask themselves just WHAT principle it is that they are standing up for?

Hey, R141: Those of us calling Zelenskyy out for being a stunt queen on the floor of the House are standing up for the institutions that make this country what it is. What the fuck are YOU standing up for by saying this guy can wear whatever the fuck he wants when he meets with our president and speaks before our Congress?

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 160December 26, 2022 6:07 AM

Once again, the Nazis miss the point

by Anonymousreply 161December 26, 2022 8:31 AM

Take the Troll Bait Eldergays!!

Yes!!!

Yes!!

Keep taking it!!!

by Anonymousreply 162December 26, 2022 11:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!