Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC - Part 44

Part 43 has strangely not been loading for the past few days.

by Anonymousreply 600February 5, 2023 4:00 PM

Heilemann is clearly the best Deadline Whitehouse sub. Best dressed as well.

by Anonymousreply 1December 20, 2022 9:29 PM

43 has been deleted...NOT FOUND.

Ari is going toe to toe with a Trump lawyer, David Schoen.

Ari is best when he makes the far right look stupid.

Ari takes no shit from hired hand lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 2December 20, 2022 10:35 PM

That bald guy filling in for Karen Wallace needs to be punched hard! I want to punch him all he does is talk in word salads while say nothing

by Anonymousreply 3December 20, 2022 11:12 PM

But John Heilemann is soo fuckable.

Why do all the hot guys in politics marry ugly women?

by Anonymousreply 4December 20, 2022 11:16 PM

That Reid woman thinks calling herself a "nerd" somehow elevates her stature when, in all actuality, she is an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 5December 20, 2022 11:52 PM

Joy Reid Show must be taped, because Ali Velshi just broke into her broadcast with Breaking News, Trumps taxes released. Trump was never audited while President.

by Anonymousreply 6December 20, 2022 11:59 PM

Why has Fox News not made Chuck "The Appeaser" Rosenberg an offer? I was done with him years ago when he assured us that our concerns were unwarranted because he knew Bill Barr to be an honorable man. Pshaw!

Here he is tonight wringing his hands in fear of repugnicant retaliation for our holding donald accountable. Chuck, they're going to show their asses no matter what the Democrats do: we are damned if we do, but doomed if we don't

I vote "Do." Post haste. Tick tock.

by Anonymousreply 7December 21, 2022 12:31 AM

Can't wait to hear the Repugs whining when every dipshit subpoena they issue for documents or testimony is stonewalled. Obstruct, obstruct, obstruct. We all can play that game.

by Anonymousreply 8December 21, 2022 7:39 AM

Chuck Rosenberg was on the suspect list for a while, now he is on the GONE list.

RETALIATION!!!!

COORDINATING OF LIES!!!

DETRIMENTAL TO THE DOJ!!!

Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 9December 21, 2022 4:38 PM

Rachel Maddow to lead coverage of Zellenskyy's Congressional address, tonight 7pm ET (per MSNBC screen sidebar)

by Anonymousreply 10December 21, 2022 7:13 PM

^But will she mention her podcast?

by Anonymousreply 11December 21, 2022 7:20 PM

Rachel Maddow probably thought she was done for the year.

But MSNBC is going to make her earn that $30 million.

by Anonymousreply 12December 21, 2022 8:09 PM

Chris Murphy soo HOT.

by Anonymousreply 13December 22, 2022 12:45 AM

LMAO @Steph Ruhle giving Chuck Rosenberg THE best stinkeye combined with Scooby-Doo Doo "uh, whuh...?"-look while Chuck Rosenberg did his patented tap dance around whether Trump-appointed IRS head inappropriately gave Trump a pass on legally mandated audits.

Hope they put that segment on the MSNBC vid clips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 22, 2022 3:18 AM

When Chuck Rosenberg was whining and bitching about how awful it was for the DOJ that the committee was going to release interview transcripts, I just wanted one of the others to ask him why the DOJ hadn't already done their own interviews in the last two years. Jesus Christ. So far his precious DOJ looks completely incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 15December 22, 2022 3:55 AM

Why did Stephanie end the show crying? I was on here reading the Chuck capitulations.

by Anonymousreply 16December 22, 2022 4:03 AM

Ari quoting fucking Jay-Z to Andrew Weissmann. What a fucking embarrassment. The whole panel groaned.

by Anonymousreply 17December 22, 2022 4:05 AM

I wonder if Ari had a moment on the road to Damascus with Black rapping Jesus?

by Anonymousreply 18December 22, 2022 4:08 AM

John Heilemann is such a pompous ass! Who could find fault with President Biden's Christmas Speech this afternoon? Grinch Heilemann, that's who.

Do better in selecting holiday replacement hosts, MSNBC; it's bad enough that your regular anchors are alienating us.

On a happier note, it was good to see Phil Rucker at home with his Axel Rucker dog ornament taking center stage on their Christmas tree.

by Anonymousreply 19December 22, 2022 8:39 PM

R16: Tearful Stephanie had just asked her resigning, longtime producer to "sign off" the show as her final on-the-job duty.

by Anonymousreply 20December 22, 2022 8:50 PM

Really? My interpretation of Heilemann's review of the Biden Xmas speech was much more benevolent. It was like JH admitted he was trying to find something nasty to say about Joe, comparing the speech to others of its kind, but he couldn't and was quite complimentary.

Is my crush on JH too big to see through his flaws?

by Anonymousreply 21December 22, 2022 9:06 PM

I thought John Heilemann was simply nonplussed that he had nothing in the Christmas Greeting to criticize.

His conclusion: It was just Joe being Joe.

by Anonymousreply 22December 22, 2022 11:08 PM

If anything a neutral or slightly positive response.

Google Transcribe errors included.

Giving a brief a heartfelt nonpartisan non-political entirely non-political holidays feature in the has put out word that they're going to send the president to give a Christmas speech or a holiday speech want to soon as they're speaking euphemistically. What they really mean is a Victory lap. Joe Biden has had a lot of political accomplishments in the course of the last two years. He's had extraordinarily good midterm, even President Zelinsky here yesterday something that Joe Biden could easily brag about in a fulsome way, about keeping the Western Alliance together of helping, Ukraine against Russia, none of that in the speech. Here, there's a long tradition of presidents about to head off on the Christmas or the holiday break. Joe Biden are revved up Brock Obama who would do a press conference or a brief speech? Followed by a press conference, almost every holiday season. Before he headed off to Hawaii and other presidents in the past have done a similar kind of thing. When I expected a little bit from that traps today, of Joe Biden may be taking some questions to the Press Corps. But certainly having a speech that was Themes and filled with at least some oblique references, the politics and policy. None of that here with the about the exception of Biden's frequent traditional well-known paean trying to visit aspiration that they'll partisan bitterness and toxicity be leached out of our politics that when it returned to a more forgiving politics and more pragmatic politics, a politics that lives more at the center rather than on the polarized edges. Joe Biden did say that he hoped that I would happen over this holiday season. I think he knows well enough. Even as he says that it's very unlikely to happen or this holiday season, let alone maybe not anytime anytime soon in the foreseeable future. But that is a speech that almost node American no matter what their political persuasion is, will find it very much to criticize, although you never know on Fox News. That's what we got to see from Joe Biden here today in this holiday speech. How many minutes was that guys? In the control room, how many minutes did he talk? Nine minutes only nine minutes and that. And that is it after the mangos and having made the point that I would love to have a conversation and try to see if there was any other kind of a political agenda that was being pursued here. That that eludes me but I think really that was Joe Biden really just being Joe Biden. And try to speak to and is most kind of nostalgic and heartfelt to the spirit of the season.

by Anonymousreply 23December 22, 2022 11:23 PM

Does Jamie Raskin have a goiter?

by Anonymousreply 24December 22, 2022 11:26 PM

The fuck, R23?

by Anonymousreply 25December 23, 2022 2:03 AM

Daniel Goldman's on "The Last Word," bearing an eery resemblance to his split-screen colleague Andrew Weissman.

by Anonymousreply 26December 23, 2022 2:05 AM

R25 Copied R23, with the transcription errors corrected.

It is actually very complimentary of Biden.

And that was Joe Biden giving a brief, heartfelt, nonpartisan, non-political, entirely non-political, holiday speech. When the Whitehouse puts out a word that they're going to send the President out to give a Christmas speech or a holiday speech one assumes that they're speaking euphemistically. What they really mean is a victory lap. Joe Biden has had a lot of political accomplishments in the course of the last two years. He's had extraordinarily good midterm, even with President Zelensky here yesterday. Something that Joe Biden could easily brag about in a fulsome way, about keeping the Western Alliance together, of helping Ukraine against Russia. None of that in the speech here. There's a long tradition of presidents about to head off on the Christmas or the holiday break, Joe Biden er, Barack Obama who would do a press conference or a brief speech, followed by a press conference, almost every holiday season before he headed off to Hawaii. And other presidents in the past have done a similar kind of thing. One expected a little bit of that perhaps today from Joe Biden, maybe taking some questions from the Press Corps, but certainly having a speech that was both on holiday themes and filled with at least some oblique references to politics and policy. None of that here, with the exception of Biden's frequent traditional well-known paean to his trying, to his aspiration that the partisan bitterness and toxicity be leached out of our politics. When we return to a more forgiving politics and more pragmatic politics, a politics that lives more at the center rather than on the polarized edges. Joe Biden did say that he hoped that would happen over this holiday season. I think he knows well enough, even as he says that, it's very unlikely to happen over this holiday season, let alone and maybe not anytime soon in the foreseeable future. But that was a speech that almost no American no matter what their political persuasion is, will find very much to criticize, although you never know on Fox News. That's what we got to see from Joe Biden here today in this holiday speech. How many minutes was that, guys in the control room? How many minutes did he talk? Nine minutes, only nine minutes and that is it. And off the man goes. Having made the point, I would love to have a conversation and try to see if there was any other kind of a political agenda that was being pursued here, that eludes me, but I think that was Joe Biden really just being Joe Biden. And trying to speak to in his most kind of nostalgic, and heartfelt way to the spirit of the season.

by Anonymousreply 27December 23, 2022 7:26 AM

I can see how Heilemann might come across as a pompous ass to some. He doesn't bother me. He does have a schtick, that if you can tolerate is often smart and funny.

But he clearly was not being critical of Biden's speech today.

by Anonymousreply 28December 23, 2022 7:54 AM

Lawrence's description about the connection between Cassidy Hutchinson and Butterfield was really moving. You could tell he had a bit of trouble keeping it together.

by Anonymousreply 29December 23, 2022 8:11 AM

R27, R28: Your condescension here is just short of Heilemann's.

My opinion at DL may be worth only $1.99, but even that paltry sum affords me value, no more or no less than yours.

by Anonymousreply 30December 23, 2022 8:13 AM

R30 Sorry that you feel someone disagreeing with your comment is being condescending to you. Maybe if you could point specifically to what you found objectionable about Heilemann's response, it would become clearer to others.

by Anonymousreply 31December 23, 2022 8:22 AM

Has anyone noticed new White House correspondent Ryan Nobles, who joined a few months ago (used to be with CNN) ? Damn, I want him naked in my bed on Christmas morning !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 23, 2022 3:36 PM

Joyce Vance looked rough last night on [italic]The Reid Out.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 33December 23, 2022 3:47 PM

Joyce is clearly not proficient with makeup and hair and her look can vary widely from day to day. But who cares? I love hearing her views on all of it.

by Anonymousreply 34December 23, 2022 3:52 PM

I adore her too, R34, but she looked like she'd just gotten up from a nap.

by Anonymousreply 35December 23, 2022 4:01 PM

Vance always looks like she bought her no-brand shampoo and make up from the dollar store. I can't believe she actually goes on television looking like that. Maybe they should just have her on audio and not video ?

by Anonymousreply 36December 23, 2022 6:13 PM

R32 Ryan looks like a really sweet lay.

by Anonymousreply 37December 23, 2022 10:07 PM

I like Joyce, and her sister in law Barb McQuade, but they both struggle a bit with their on-camera looks. Barb is often willing to come on Way Too Early, when it's obvious she is just barely awake. I feel for her, still it's almost painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 38December 23, 2022 10:14 PM

Am I the only one who thinks SBF is adorable?

by Anonymousreply 39December 23, 2022 10:43 PM

[quote] Am I the only one who thinks SBF is adorable?

I think you are the only one who knows who the hell you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 40December 23, 2022 11:25 PM

I'm loving Ryan Nobles and his deep set dimples and flawless skin, but wondering what's become of Garrett Haake. Wasn't he the senior Washington correspondent? Maybe he's in vacation with Chris Hayes< Nicolle Wallace and Mike Schmidt this week, but what a week to miss.

by Anonymousreply 41December 24, 2022 12:51 AM

I'd love to find Ryan Nobles lying naked with a stiffy under my Christmas tree this Sunday. Oh please let it happen !!!!

by Anonymousreply 42December 24, 2022 12:53 AM

Dr. Vin Gupta is on a special edition of '11th Hour with Stephanie Rhule' tonight. Talking about the 'tripledemic'. Damn is he cute despite his over-done tweezed eye brows. I'd love for him to be my 'proctologist' because he definitely pings gay for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 24, 2022 1:01 AM

R43 He's an acquired taste. At the beginning of the pandemic, he was way ambitious and eager to impress, and to get maximum air time. He'd always show up in scrubs, or a white doctor coat, and would pose in front of a whiteboard with indecipherable scribblings. It was all sort of too much.

He seems to have relaxed, and is much easier to take. As of 2020 he was married to a woman with a 3 year old son.

by Anonymousreply 44December 24, 2022 5:17 AM

Alex Wagner looks like she's lost weight since she started her anchor gig and her skin looks rather sallow. I worry about her.

by Anonymousreply 45December 24, 2022 1:23 PM

Dr. Vin Gupta is married and a breeder ? Wow - that guy screams 'flaming queen' on television. I thought for sure he was gay - and probably a cross-dresser with his 'pretty looks'.

by Anonymousreply 46December 24, 2022 3:37 PM

Yes, R32, I did notice him. And I would enjoy trimming the, er, tree with him.

Call me crazy, but he looks like a hot mishmash of NASA head and former FL Senator Bill Nelson, SD Senator John Thune, and CT Senator Richard Blumenthal.

I've always had a thing for long, lean angular faces/heads.

by Anonymousreply 47December 24, 2022 4:42 PM

[quote]I think you are the only one who knows who the hell you are talking about.

Do you people only watch MSNBC for the cute reporters and pay no attention to what they're reporting on?

SBF = Sam Bankman-Fried. (No, he's not a commentator.)

by Anonymousreply 48December 24, 2022 5:09 PM

Happy Birthday to Stephanie Rhule who turns 47 today !

by Anonymousreply 49December 24, 2022 6:07 PM

Barbara McQuade got some sleep FINALLY!

What a trooper.

by Anonymousreply 50December 24, 2022 6:15 PM

But did Barb manage to apply some lipstick before the cameras turned?

by Anonymousreply 51December 24, 2022 7:15 PM

rolled.... not turned!

by Anonymousreply 52December 24, 2022 7:16 PM

I hope Barb and Joyce got a week's vacation at a spa resort with full beauty makeover for Christmas from their families. Lord knows they each need it.

by Anonymousreply 53December 24, 2022 7:21 PM

R48 Thanks for explaining. After the response to my query, R39, and following a whole month of daily news on SBF and FTX, I figured it wouldn't be worth bothering.

It's been kind of fun to watch the biggest crypto bulls do a 180 on regulation, and start squealing like little piglets only once they've lost money.

Maybe with all that time on house-arrest, SBF will take up Mom & Dad's Peleton. Definitely want to be leaner and meaner when heading to prison.

by Anonymousreply 54December 25, 2022 1:01 AM

Barb McQuade is the real life Peppermint Patty.

by Anonymousreply 55December 25, 2022 7:32 AM

WOW! MSNBC's NY correspondent Jesse Kirsch ! Yummy !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 25, 2022 4:24 PM

John Heilemann wasn’t wearing his wedding ring this week on DWH 👀

by Anonymousreply 57December 25, 2022 10:15 PM

R56 Cute. But that picture makes him look like Pee Wee Herman.

by Anonymousreply 58December 25, 2022 10:31 PM

I never watch Tucker Carlson but Friday evening I was so bored that I tuned. Am I the only one to notice that Tuckums has an insane asylum laugh? I wish someone would cut a bunch of his insane laughs together. This guy is out of his fucking mind.

by Anonymousreply 59December 25, 2022 11:05 PM

John Heilemann’s wife looks butch.

by Anonymousreply 60December 25, 2022 11:07 PM

R59 His voice gets all high and squeaky when he's excited or trying to be emphatic.

I think one of the more apt of Tucker memes is his host of Scooby Doo expressions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 26, 2022 1:09 AM

Jesse Kirsch is much cuter than R56's photo shows.

by Anonymousreply 62December 26, 2022 1:33 AM

The meme of Tuckums with that chubby guy of the 3 Stooges (Curly? Joe?) was much more apt.

by Anonymousreply 63December 26, 2022 2:35 AM

Good Lord Hugo Lowell's is not a face I can cope with seeing first thing in the morning. I know he's with The Guardian and not MSNBC but he might as well be.

by Anonymousreply 64December 26, 2022 5:17 PM

Nicolle Wallace is obsessed with 1/6 and the committee.

What’s she gonna do when its game over in Jan?

by Anonymousreply 65December 27, 2022 8:05 PM

Nicolle Wallace is a true patriot. The report was released Friday, a 800+ page report with a 150+ page summary.

AND INDICES!

If she is obsessed, it is with the VOLUME OF CRIMINALITY.

by Anonymousreply 66December 27, 2022 8:47 PM

Raf Sanchez !!!!

Such a sexy reporter who needs a nice hard cock in his mouth (mine).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 28, 2022 3:25 PM

Yes, Raf is cute. Gay?

by Anonymousreply 68December 28, 2022 3:44 PM

[R68] I'll let you know for sure after I spend this weekend with him, welcoming in 2023. I wonder if he's a top or a bottom ? I'll be versatile for him. I bet he gives great Bjs.

by Anonymousreply 69December 28, 2022 3:46 PM

Jonathan Lemire is so unlikeable.

by Anonymousreply 70December 29, 2022 2:13 PM

I love the quality and the overall, fact-based & yet also speculatively looking forward content of Nicolle's show and her reputable guests but really she gets on my nerves with her constant use of , "I mean.." to start a sentence.

"I mean..."

"I mean..."

Girlfriend, one doesn't start a new spiel with "I mean" unless you are explaining something you've just said.

I refer to Nicole Wallace as "the Queen of 'I mean...'" and have heard her say it as many as 3 times in less than a minute!

Last night she was again on a really ferocious "I mean..." tear and I was glad to have had the repeated excuse to escape and run downstairs to check on dinner cooking away in the kitchen so as to repeatedly get away from it!

by Anonymousreply 71December 29, 2022 2:31 PM

r70, Smirky has that begrudged look of someone who gives their all to be a number 4.

by Anonymousreply 72December 29, 2022 3:55 PM

Nicolle has until Jan. 3 to talk about the Committee.

by Anonymousreply 73December 29, 2022 9:28 PM

And then she switches to what DoJ is doing with Committee evidence.

by Anonymousreply 74December 29, 2022 10:22 PM

Nicolle subbing for Alex tonight.

by Anonymousreply 75December 30, 2022 1:01 AM

Since when is Nicolle Wallace a sub?

by Anonymousreply 76December 30, 2022 1:36 AM

[quote] Since when is Nicolle Wallace a sub?

She used to sub for Brian Williams on 11th Hour fairly regularly.

by Anonymousreply 77December 30, 2022 1:40 AM

NYT's contributor Susanne Craig has the ugliest kitchen from 1952 in all her Zoom interviews. It really needs an update.

by Anonymousreply 78December 30, 2022 1:48 AM

YAMICHE!

by Anonymousreply 79December 30, 2022 6:20 AM

Is Susanne the lesbian in the knotty-pine kitchen? If so, yes, r78!

by Anonymousreply 80December 30, 2022 1:22 PM

[quote] NYT's contributor Susanne Craig has the ugliest kitchen from 1952 in all her Zoom interviews. It really needs an update.

Room Rater loves her knotty-pine kitchen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 30, 2022 2:24 PM

Ryan Nobles is hosting the morning shows on MSNBC this morning - yum! He's so cute and fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 82December 30, 2022 3:13 PM

Hoping Yamiche Alcindor will replace the ridiculous Reid woman in the new year. Just remember to breathe, Yamiche.

Out with the old, in with the new and professional.

by Anonymousreply 83December 30, 2022 3:35 PM

Slow down, Yamiche; speak slowly and distinctly. Focus on content, not words-per-minute.

Breathe.

by Anonymousreply 84December 30, 2022 6:06 PM

Yamiche should have a show, I love her

by Anonymousreply 85December 30, 2022 6:17 PM

Yamiche needs to replace Andrea Mitchell.

by Anonymousreply 86December 30, 2022 6:35 PM

Yamiche would be great hosting a round table discussion type show. I'm not sure she's anchor material.

by Anonymousreply 87December 30, 2022 7:13 PM

[quote] Yamiche would be great hosting a round table discussion type show.

She's doing that now. She's been hosting "Washington Week" on PBS since Robert Costa left the show in 2021.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 30, 2022 8:05 PM

[quote]Yamiche would be great hosting a round table discussion

Isn't this what each of the MSNBC news hours are? Zoom to one group, zoom to another, and now, back to those in-studio.

More like Blocks A, B, C sprinkled with next group set up.

by Anonymousreply 89December 30, 2022 8:33 PM

Yamiche is not comfortable with a teleprompter and clearly has all of her questions scripted for her.

She does have great presence, though.

by Anonymousreply 90December 30, 2022 8:38 PM

She is one smart cookie if she can navigate Trump Racism.

LOVE HER

by Anonymousreply 91December 30, 2022 8:40 PM

R90: The majority of all readers' delivery is scripted. Have you never realized the role of the index cards/pages on the news desks?

P.S. And there is always a producer in the reader's ear to provide answers and prompts as needed.

by Anonymousreply 92December 30, 2022 9:07 PM

By "round table" I meant something more in the Morning Joe vein of news program. Something more conversational, with strong opinions, some bitchy humor, and live guests (no zooming).

by Anonymousreply 93December 30, 2022 9:11 PM

I am in love with David Farenthold.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 94December 30, 2022 9:21 PM

[quote] By "round table" I meant something more in the Morning Joe vein of news program. Something more conversational, with strong opinions, some bitchy humor, and live guests (no zooming).

Again, Yamiche already hosts a weekly roundtable show (Washington Week on PBS), which is a high-profile gig and one that carries prestige. Granted, there is no bitchy humor on Washington Week. And she reports for NBC News. She probably reaches a larger audience in those roles than she would hosting an hour or two during the day on MSNBC. Not sure why she would give up either role, unless MSNBC offered her a prime-time slot.

by Anonymousreply 95December 31, 2022 12:24 AM

I agree about David (the gorgeously handsome & sexy!) Farenthold and was thinking the same thing as you as I watched Farenthold on Deadline White House tonight where the Queen of "I mean.." was interviewing him.

Anyway, Dame Wintour, your comment is duly appreciated!

by Anonymousreply 96December 31, 2022 1:14 AM

I'll take my news without humor, bitchy or otherwise, thank you very much. Very little of the deadly serious shit confronting us today warrants an entertaining delivery.

by Anonymousreply 97December 31, 2022 1:19 AM

And I am in love with hottie Italian lawyer Renato Mariotti. What is it about him that just drives me wild?

by Anonymousreply 98December 31, 2022 1:24 AM

^^^ Nor does it warrant the Ari Melber specialty that's the delivery of news and opinion mixed in with rap references...

p.s. Does Melber wear a wig?

by Anonymousreply 99December 31, 2022 1:25 AM

Renato Marriotti makes me rock hard every time he's on camera.

by Anonymousreply 100December 31, 2022 1:33 AM

Yes, Renato is a cutie. Any gossip?

by Anonymousreply 101December 31, 2022 1:36 AM

I hate hearing Yamiche talk. She sounds like a fucking machine gun.

by Anonymousreply 102December 31, 2022 1:54 AM

[quote] I hate hearing Yamiche talk. She sounds like a fucking machine gun.

A Ya-machine gun!

by Anonymousreply 103December 31, 2022 2:25 AM

But they don't do roundtables as heavy as they used to Pre-Covid.

Everyone is working from home! Sure they also did remote interviews precovid, but one can only tolerate Zoom audio quality for so long....GET THE BOOM MIC!

by Anonymousreply 104December 31, 2022 2:18 PM

[R104] I agree. I'm sure they're saving a lot of money by having guests do interviews remotely on ZOOM (no travel expenses for them to come to NYC and into the studio) but I'm done with the poor audio quality and watching the 'Brady Bunch' grid on my screen.

by Anonymousreply 105December 31, 2022 3:58 PM

Can't believe I didn't notice Matt Bradley reporting from Ukraine and his gorgeous blue eyes before. Nice!

by Anonymousreply 106January 2, 2023 4:43 PM

Meant to mention earlier that Gadi Schwartz was the anchor for the NBC Evening News last night.

by Anonymousreply 107January 2, 2023 6:14 PM

Joy's hair (or wig) is perfection tonight. Don't change it, Joy!!

by Anonymousreply 108January 2, 2023 11:38 PM

It was such a short pixie, perfectly framing her face. Was the hair from Chick Todd's ass. It looked so fine.

by Anonymousreply 109January 3, 2023 12:49 AM

RACHEL!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 110January 3, 2023 1:01 AM

Rachel's guest Brendon Buck - yum!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 111January 3, 2023 1:49 AM

Symone acting like a crazy lady on twitter tonight.

by Anonymousreply 112January 3, 2023 8:07 AM

Damn - am I the only one who gets hard whenever former Republican David Jolly is on MSNBC ? Loved hiwm with his beard, love him more without it. Bet you he's wild in bed.

by Anonymousreply 113January 3, 2023 9:30 PM

Silver fox David Jolly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 3, 2023 9:42 PM

You're not the only one, r113.

Tres Jolly!

by Anonymousreply 115January 3, 2023 11:42 PM

Jolly laid?

by Anonymousreply 116January 4, 2023 12:28 AM

Tara Setmayer! It takes balls to put a prettier black woman on your show, Miss Joy!

by Anonymousreply 117January 4, 2023 11:12 PM

Susanne Craig is clearly renting. Nobody would spend their own money on that Altima Place apartment stove.

by Anonymousreply 118January 4, 2023 11:18 PM

R117: I was shocked and saddened to see full body footage of the beautiful Miss Tara recently; she is morbidly obese.

by Anonymousreply 119January 4, 2023 11:57 PM

Stephanie is about to talk to that gun toting bimbo Lauren Boebert!

by Anonymousreply 120January 5, 2023 3:21 AM

Stephanie was 🔥🔥🔥Boebert needed 🧯🧯🧯🚒🚒🚒 to put out her torched ass.

When Stephanie is good she is magnificent.

by Anonymousreply 121January 5, 2023 3:45 AM

Stephanie's hair is LAIDT tonight!

by Anonymousreply 122January 5, 2023 3:47 AM

Stephanie is usually an impressive interviewer and master of the follow-up question, but I thought her interview with Boebert was weak.

She let Boebert drone on too long and didn't drill down into the specifics of what this Taliban 20 want.

Granted, interviewing Lauren Boebert is like interviewing a plastic bag in the wind, but Stephanie seemed a bit out of her depth tonight. Not a look I'm used to seeing from her.

by Anonymousreply 123January 5, 2023 3:54 AM

Let Joy Reid take a crack at Lauren BooBoo the Fool. I know a lot of you self-hating gay racist bitches don’t like Joy but we all know that she would drag the fuck out of Lauren.

by Anonymousreply 124January 5, 2023 4:03 AM

Hell, yes, R124, and I would be here for it.

by Anonymousreply 125January 5, 2023 6:20 AM

Lauren Boebart on with Stephanie Rhule….interesting 🧐

by Anonymousreply 126January 5, 2023 6:26 AM

r123, couldn't disagree more. Watching it on the West Coast replay, and Bobert uses a lot of words to say nothing.

Rhule gave her enough rope to hang Boebert. It was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 127January 5, 2023 6:29 AM

Brian Williams is trending on Twitter, because the Twitter consensus seems to be that Ruhle was too soft on Boebert and they want the former 11th Hour host brought back.

by Anonymousreply 128January 5, 2023 6:32 AM

She didn't go for blood, but remember, NO Republican has been on MSNBC in ages.

The idiot might be back.

by Anonymousreply 129January 5, 2023 6:34 AM

She was on 'Hannity' at 9 pm - and he (credibly) was putting her in her place. He's pro-Kevin, and wanted to know what the 20 thought they could achieve by blocking the vote. Bo-Bo pulled a Palin and filibustered (which he kept asking her not to do - and just answer the question) but she wouldn't. He grew frustrated with her and finally ended his waste of ten minutes.

by Anonymousreply 130January 5, 2023 2:29 PM

Or, better yet, have that Reid woman interview Byron "the prop" Donalds. That would be interesting and even I would tune in.

by Anonymousreply 131January 5, 2023 3:52 PM

Andrea Mitchell just sounded like she was coughing up a hairball live on air.

by Anonymousreply 132January 5, 2023 4:05 PM

I heard that, too, R132. Gross!

Truth be told , she is looking more like an aged alley cat every day.

by Anonymousreply 133January 5, 2023 5:02 PM

Poor Andrea. That was rough.

Garrett has been particularly smarmy and a bit off-putting throughout the speaker coverage. I usually like his reporting.

by Anonymousreply 134January 5, 2023 5:16 PM

Joy Ann Reid looks more like a polished professional tonight. Now, get rid of the bright white Chiclet press-on nails.

I didn't notice her makeup as I switched to my CNN 7pm viewing.

by Anonymousreply 135January 5, 2023 11:32 PM

Former NY Congressman MAX ROSE is a guest on Chris Hayes' show tonight. The guy is hot ! Any tea spilt on him ?

by Anonymousreply 136January 6, 2023 12:33 AM

[quote]but remember, NO Republican has been on MSNBC in ages.

Hahaha. I can’t stop cackling!!

by Anonymousreply 137January 6, 2023 12:45 AM

Lol, R132/R133.

As a cat person who's seen/heard/cleaned up behind hairball hacking/vomit, I concur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138January 6, 2023 1:19 AM

Brendan Buck, former press secretary to John Boehner and counselor to Paul Ryan, just called the Gang of 20 "performative loons" on Alex Wagner's show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139January 6, 2023 1:35 AM

Brendan Buck is VERY cute. I saw him on CNN once and ran to social media to follow. Crushed to discover he's a Rethug.

by Anonymousreply 140January 6, 2023 8:54 AM

Brendan seems excited being on TV

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141January 6, 2023 1:02 PM

I saw Max Rose last night on All In, too. Looks like the type of guy you can have fun with in the steam room after a workout at your gym. Good catch !

by Anonymousreply 142January 6, 2023 1:07 PM

Chris Jansing (nicely) to Andrea Mitchell this afternoon during the 1:00 handoff: "Andrea, stay on your lawn."

by Anonymousreply 143January 6, 2023 5:21 PM

And Andrea responded, "Don't tell me where to pee. I've been here long enough to have a choice of lawns to pee on."

by Anonymousreply 144January 6, 2023 5:38 PM

Crying as Biden presents Presidential Medals, to Fanone, Lady Ruby, her daughter Shaye Moss, the family members of stricken officers and all the other Jan. 6 heroes and sheroes.

by Anonymousreply 145January 6, 2023 7:22 PM

That was a heart-wrenching ceremony for me, too, R145. President Biden could barely conceal his anger over the events of that day and those responsible.

I hope Garland and Smith were watching it on split-screen with the Speaker fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 146January 6, 2023 8:01 PM

I bet you FOX News didn't cover this today, and the bouncing chuckleheads won't review it tonight on any of their broadcasts. Nor will they review the SotH fiasco for more than five minutes, or the great economic news which came out of the Department of Labor for December.

But they will devote their whole show to 'Terror at the Borders!' like they've been doing for the past few months as well as 'Hunter's Laptop'.

by Anonymousreply 147January 6, 2023 8:18 PM

Confused by Nicolle’s hair today.

by Anonymousreply 148January 6, 2023 8:59 PM

According to Nicolle Wallace, only one republican attended the gathering on the Capitol stairs this morning, Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania.

Incredible!

by Anonymousreply 149January 6, 2023 9:08 PM

Yeah, what IS going on with her hair?

by Anonymousreply 150January 6, 2023 9:10 PM

NY Times Jan. 6 reporter Luke Broadwater looks SO HOT with Nicolle today. But some days I notice he looks less hot. Wonder if it's a zoom lighting thing? I wish she'd get him into her studio for a better look. I think her hair looks cute today btw.

by Anonymousreply 151January 6, 2023 9:44 PM

Rep Eric Swalwell is on 'Alex Wagner' tonight, looking hotter than hell with his facial scruff. I'd love to swallow Swalwell.

by Anonymousreply 152January 7, 2023 1:34 AM

i ❤️ Nicolle Wallace Schmidt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 7, 2023 1:37 AM

"I mean...."...

by Anonymousreply 154January 7, 2023 2:16 AM

Can someone get rid of Katie Phang from the line-up ? I never saw anyone with as much undeserved self-importance as this woman.

Katie is NO Connie Chung ! She's not even Julie Chen for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 155January 7, 2023 2:24 PM

Katie Phang is a treasure.

She is smart while not inscrutable.

Her self-importance is well deserved.

by Anonymousreply 156January 7, 2023 8:08 PM

I like Katie Phang.

by Anonymousreply 157January 7, 2023 8:17 PM

Katie Phang > Symone

by Anonymousreply 158January 7, 2023 9:09 PM

Guess what? I love Symone. I think she always brings a fresh point of view to her appearances, whether on her own show or guesting on others.

by Anonymousreply 159January 7, 2023 10:26 PM

I'm now in love with Cristobal Alex - political analyst who's on Ayman's show tonight. He worked for Biden's campaign. Cute guy with sexy voice.

by Anonymousreply 160January 8, 2023 1:27 AM

There was Luke Broadwater zooming in with Steph tonight and destroying my sexual fantasies about him. He really seems to morph with each appearance.

by Anonymousreply 161January 10, 2023 3:25 AM

Broadwater seldom gets me excited in terms of his looks or his presence but he does have the ability to occasionally come across somewhat appealingly.

I think that variance is due to the lighting and also his proximity to the screen in front of him.

by Anonymousreply 162January 10, 2023 2:09 PM

Stephanie Ruhle had Guga Chacra , the Brazilian journalist, on her show tonight. What a cutie he is.

by Anonymousreply 163January 11, 2023 4:14 AM

Nicole needs to practice her enunciation.

by Anonymousreply 164January 11, 2023 4:27 AM

alex wagner is an embarassment.....geezz

by Anonymousreply 165January 11, 2023 5:03 AM

We adore garret haake ! (sp?)

by Anonymousreply 166January 11, 2023 5:04 AM

nicole wallace married the guy from the ny times who squints ??

by Anonymousreply 167January 11, 2023 5:05 AM

R167: If you mean Mike Schmidt, then yes.

by Anonymousreply 168January 11, 2023 5:08 AM

Alex is a bit long in the tooth i must say.

by Anonymousreply 169January 11, 2023 6:05 AM

nice to see an elder person working.

by Anonymousreply 170January 11, 2023 8:47 AM

JOe and Mika.....nice enuf....thoughts? better than goddam fox hosts

by Anonymousreply 171January 11, 2023 11:44 AM

POWERFUL ENUF TO ELIMINATE SKUNK ODOR.

by Anonymousreply 172January 11, 2023 1:33 PM

I think the Poopf (sp?) guy is hot!

by Anonymousreply 173January 11, 2023 2:16 PM

lol

by Anonymousreply 174January 11, 2023 3:05 PM

It's Pooph.

by Anonymousreply 175January 11, 2023 3:36 PM

Joe Scarborough is a guilty pleasure fantasy.

Why does Mika wear shawls all the time?

Do you think that they get tired of being around each other practically 24/7?

by Anonymousreply 176January 11, 2023 4:13 PM

I'm tired of Mika dressing in a black turtleneck every morning with a 'vibrant' color shawl around one shoulder and draping around her other arm. First she was wearing hot pink, now it's that electric blue.

by Anonymousreply 177January 11, 2023 4:35 PM

their in their lil rich couple bubble, seem happy, but together all the time? dont blame joe for goin to his uh....music gigs.

by Anonymousreply 178January 11, 2023 5:20 PM

Jake Sherman 💩

by Anonymousreply 179January 11, 2023 6:13 PM

Is everyone current with their anti-troll medication? Looks like we're experiencing a mild infestation.

by Anonymousreply 180January 11, 2023 6:58 PM

I'm sure Karin Jean Pierre is a lovely person and know her to be a smart pundit but, at this point in his term, President Biden needs a "wartime" Press Secretary to communicate with the media.

by Anonymousreply 181January 11, 2023 7:17 PM

No Presidential Press Secretary will ever compare to Jen Psaki. MSNBC should give her her own hour.

by Anonymousreply 182January 11, 2023 7:37 PM

Fuck! Aides now reporting a second batch of classified documents was discovered at yet another Biden location and turned over to the Archives.

We need a Rachel Monday tonight.

by Anonymousreply 183January 11, 2023 7:45 PM

No matter how you try to dress yourself up or attempt a personality by chuckling yourself up, Jake Sherman, you're still a 💩.

by Anonymousreply 184January 11, 2023 8:19 PM

As much as I no longer like her on 'The View', I have always thought Sunny Hostin would make a great press secretary for Biden. She's camera-friendly, and knows how to hold a press conference and control the room (all her experience in the legal field / court room comes in handy).

by Anonymousreply 185January 11, 2023 9:20 PM

R182, she was supposed to be in works. But si far they've inky brought her own as an analyst. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 186January 11, 2023 11:53 PM

ALEX WITT is a hoot, she stumbles over words and lord them crazy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 187January 12, 2023 2:02 AM

[quote]she stumbles over words

And that's a bad thing?

by Anonymousreply 188January 12, 2023 2:28 AM

hell no, its fun as fuk to watch her plow onward....power to the elderly !

by Anonymousreply 189January 12, 2023 3:11 AM

And yesterday Andrew Weismann graced us on air once again with his horrible vocal fry...

by Anonymousreply 190January 12, 2023 1:04 PM

R186 - I'm not 182, but I have read up on JP at MSNBC. Seems they are still 'developing' a news show format for her, and it should be ready for the Spring. No word on when or what time slot. Until then, she will keep making 'appearances' on different shows - get the audience familiar with her.

by Anonymousreply 191January 12, 2023 1:14 PM

Andrea Mitchell and Garrett Haake simply do not "set horses," do they? She just questioned his use of the phrase pro-life, and he snapped right back in defense saying he was quoting Nancy Mace. Nerves are on edge at noontime, and not for the first time.

MeeeOw!

by Anonymousreply 192January 12, 2023 4:32 PM

Andrea really stumbles a lot in that noon hour (EST) broadcast.

If catching a noon tv news feed, we generally alternate between her program and Jon King's much more incisive news show on CNN. The differences between the hosts of the 2 shows are glaringly obvious.

by Anonymousreply 193January 12, 2023 6:18 PM

Too bad Barbara Wawa is no longer around to tell Mitchell to her face, 'You are a drunk!'

by Anonymousreply 194January 12, 2023 6:21 PM

Can’t imagine Nicolle & Mike having sex.

by Anonymousreply 195January 12, 2023 9:05 PM

^^^ I hate thinking about it...

Schmidt comes across as an odd duck but I think that quirky persona situation is likely rooted in his being somewhere on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 196January 13, 2023 1:02 AM

Joy Reid's new look is very attractive--age appropriate and polished. So glad that finally she is taking our advice. Now please ditch the tacky, bright white chiclet press-on nails.

by Anonymousreply 197January 13, 2023 1:48 AM

love that garrett haake, a cutie pie. bet his cock is thick.

by Anonymousreply 198January 13, 2023 6:22 AM

On his show tonight, Chris adapted the famous Ginsberg Howl quote, "I saw the best minds of my generation..."

Harry Litman acknowledged it, but seemed to think he was quoting William Butler Yeats.

Chris's rephrasing, "I've seen the best minds of my generation destroyed by Fox News."

by Anonymousreply 199January 13, 2023 7:29 AM

Has the persistent Jake Sherman scat troll revealed its alternate DL identity?

R179 == R184

by Anonymousreply 200January 13, 2023 7:33 AM

R200

Jake Sherman has many trolls.

He is just that unlikeable 💩

by Anonymousreply 201January 13, 2023 7:49 AM

Nah, more like one troubled individual.

by Anonymousreply 202January 13, 2023 8:09 AM

[quote] I'm tired of Mika dressing in a black turtleneck every morning with a 'vibrant' color shawl

She has really been working that look for the past few weeks. Initially she seemed to be applying a little more finesse to it. I was seriously getting Kim Novak & Dusty Springfield vibes from her on some mornings.

by Anonymousreply 203January 13, 2023 8:43 AM

R202

Nope, multiples.

by Anonymousreply 204January 13, 2023 8:43 AM

Mika is shawl-less (and Joe-less) this morning.

by Anonymousreply 205January 13, 2023 11:48 AM

be nice, they read this site religiously.

by Anonymousreply 206January 13, 2023 11:57 AM

[quote]Joy Reid's new look is very attractive--age appropriate and polished. So glad that finally she is taking our advice.

This look won’t last more than a week. She’ll be cruising the dollar store wig bin on Saturday for next week’s piece.

by Anonymousreply 207January 13, 2023 12:23 PM

Is the Alex lady with loong blonde wig have a permanent show? i thought she was merely the fill in when a host was to hung over.

by Anonymousreply 208January 13, 2023 1:10 PM

Alex Witt has a regular few hours on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.

by Anonymousreply 209January 13, 2023 2:44 PM

Before it became universally used by all the hosts, Alex was one of the first to refer to most on-air guests as "my friend".

by Anonymousreply 210January 13, 2023 8:58 PM

I can't stand the hosts now thanking viewers 'for their time' . So phony !

by Anonymousreply 211January 13, 2023 9:03 PM

It's hard to believe that Chris Jansing is 4 years older than Alex Witt (65 vs. 61) but looks at least 10 years younger.

by Anonymousreply 212January 13, 2023 9:10 PM

Chris Jansing's show just expanded to 2 hours. Hallie Jackson coming off MSNBC and her slot at NBC News Now is expanding to 2 hours.

by Anonymousreply 213January 13, 2023 9:13 PM

OOPS, not quite yet, but the changes are coming in February.

by Anonymousreply 214January 13, 2023 9:14 PM

Hallie J is leaving MSNBC ?

by Anonymousreply 215January 13, 2023 9:17 PM

Sounds like she is going to be shifting her focus more to the mothership at NBC News.

by Anonymousreply 216January 13, 2023 9:39 PM

Alex Witt has been on MSNBC since the day the network premiered.

by Anonymousreply 217January 13, 2023 10:01 PM

What’s happening with Katy Tur? Is she moving to 3pm?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218January 13, 2023 10:21 PM

Yes, R218.

by Anonymousreply 219January 13, 2023 10:22 PM

What’s Jonathan Capehart’s Saturday Show going to be called?

by Anonymousreply 220January 13, 2023 10:24 PM

Capehart's show will be titled "BBC" . His gay fan base suggested the title (unanimously).

by Anonymousreply 221January 14, 2023 1:02 AM

Working on Hallie Jackson's production crew would be stressful. She would just have no time for me, "Ya know, he seems like a nice enough guy, he just can't keep up. I think he'd be happier elsewhere."

by Anonymousreply 222January 14, 2023 7:41 AM

If you're a fan or a hater of Nicolle's grinning & guffawing, you may(not) enjoy this episode of Hiking with Kevin. It was posted 2 days ago, but looks like it was recorded last Spring - on a Manhattan area trail rather than his usual L.A. canyon locations.

Half the time she looks like she has lockjaw, We also learn she's comfortable peeing in the woods.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223January 15, 2023 12:47 AM

time has been horribly unkind to ms witt.

by Anonymousreply 224January 15, 2023 1:52 PM

did symone lose some lbs?

by Anonymousreply 225January 15, 2023 8:00 PM

Anyone remember Eli Stokols formerly of the LA Times and a once regular contributor as part of Nicolle's in-studio guest list?

I saw him on CNN this a.m. and it wasn't pretty as his looks are continuing to deteriorate.

Stokols has bottom teeth that were always a problematic mess and now his lower face has widened more than it already had when I last saw him well over a year ago.

As seen at the link below from 2018, he used to be what I'd call a hot daddy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226January 15, 2023 8:26 PM

His wife had a baby last year, r226. I think that’s when it started.

He looks like a suburban dad desperate for a blowjob.

by Anonymousreply 227January 15, 2023 8:31 PM

[quote] He looks like a suburban dad desperate for a blowjob.

I volunteer. Desperate daddies are my thang.

by Anonymousreply 228January 15, 2023 8:44 PM

Sorry to hear that about Eli. I used to pine for him, too, at MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 229January 15, 2023 8:45 PM

226 here...

Take a gander at his University of California athletic profile page where he looked kind of dorky in a cute way in the pic there and was listed as 6'3" & 200 lbs! With him normally seated on cam, I never realized how big he was!

But I'm glad to see that I was not the only one who appreciated Eli.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230January 15, 2023 9:10 PM

R145, the Dems are milking the attempted coup for all its worth. They use these events to fundraise. . These events annoy the Rethugs but enough already.

by Anonymousreply 231January 15, 2023 11:41 PM

[quote]Dems are milking the attempted coup for all its worth.

I wonder why? Another Fascist regime gets voted in?

by Anonymousreply 232January 15, 2023 11:56 PM

R229 Another who has seemed to have lost some of his pre-Congressional hotness is Dan Goldman. Although less specifically so, I'm hoping he can rebound.

by Anonymousreply 233January 15, 2023 11:58 PM

Hot Congressmen who settled on safe, basic, loveless marriages that suck the life out of them.

Prime Example: Senator Chris Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 234January 16, 2023 12:38 PM

No, R200, I am not the "persistent Jake Sherman scat troll" (if one indeed exists), but simply agreeing with the DL consensus that Sherman would be a welcome addition to the fox din.

by Anonymousreply 235January 16, 2023 4:32 PM

R235 That's reassuring. You however seem to be the only ones on the long series of MSNBC threads who share a fondness for the poop emoji.

by Anonymousreply 236January 16, 2023 7:24 PM

I guess Nicolle's hair and makeup peeps have Martin Luther King Day off.

by Anonymousreply 237January 16, 2023 8:16 PM

Nicolle Wallace traded her obsession of the 1/6 committee & Liz Cheney for George Santos.

by Anonymousreply 238January 16, 2023 8:19 PM

I'm George Santos...

...I'm George Santos...

...I'm George Santos...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239January 16, 2023 9:36 PM

Santos only fills a part of a Republican fascist block.

She is focusing on Russia being a terrorist state in this block.

by Anonymousreply 240January 16, 2023 9:56 PM

Rachel!!!

by Anonymousreply 241January 17, 2023 1:58 AM

Rachel on a HOLIDAY MONDAY!

I wonder if Rashida had to take off her earrings.

by Anonymousreply 242January 17, 2023 2:03 AM

I dub nasty olde thing R236 the DL "Turd Tabulating & Tasting Troll," and relegate it henceforth to the Ignore Hut.

Begone and befoul in peace, R-236; bon appetit.

by Anonymousreply 243January 17, 2023 2:55 AM

Rachel's hair looked differently styled.

by Anonymousreply 244January 17, 2023 3:04 AM

[quote] Mika is shawl-less (and Joe-less) this morning

Are those two still together in real life? I'll never forget the time he got annoyed with her and said, "Mika, you don't have to blurt out every thought that comes into your head." Good times.

by Anonymousreply 245January 17, 2023 3:19 AM

i saw Joe on air this a.m.

You must have sen a block or 2 of discussions in which he was absent.

by Anonymousreply 246January 17, 2023 3:22 AM

[quote] I guess Nicolle's hair and makeup peeps have Martin Luther King Day off.

You can usually tell from her "Whitehouse" backdrop the days that she's working from home, definitely not in her usual studio, in which case I think she fends for herself as stylist.

by Anonymousreply 247January 17, 2023 8:07 AM

R246 - I posted that @ R205 on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 248January 17, 2023 10:13 AM

Hmmm.. Got it.. I was reacting to a quote of your post and the quote came much later than your original one.

On a related topic, morning Joe really misses a beat or 2 or 3 when Joe is absent for the entire program. He really is vital to and at the heart of the success of the show.

by Anonymousreply 249January 17, 2023 2:10 PM

Why don't we talk about Willie and his masculine jaw here more often?

by Anonymousreply 250January 17, 2023 2:41 PM

Oh please r249, the show is so much better when you don’t have Joe and his humongous ego interrupting everyone all the time.

by Anonymousreply 251January 17, 2023 3:47 PM

Masculine jaw and soft voice - Willie's fun. Does he have a show to himself like the louder mouthed one got, who used to (maybe still is) on Nicolle's show? I've gotten so lax in watching when in the height of Trumpdoom I was watching all of them every day.

by Anonymousreply 252January 17, 2023 4:10 PM

Just looked it up: John Heilemann is who I was trying to think of. I'm not sure I'm a fan of his presentation style - too manic.

by Anonymousreply 253January 17, 2023 4:12 PM

Did John Heilemann’s podcast & The Circus get cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 254January 17, 2023 4:56 PM

Is Matthew Dowd in our tribe?

by Anonymousreply 255January 17, 2023 6:39 PM

Why can’t Nicolle’s husband wear a jacket instead of a zip-up hoodie on her show?

Literally can’t picture these 2 together…Nikki is definitely the dominant one.

by Anonymousreply 256January 17, 2023 8:54 PM

Does anyone else find it odd that Nicolle never introduces Mike as her husband, esp. as she's hawking his book?

And, r256, Mike actually wore a jacket and tie the other day. I guess it was on Monday. Also, that's not a hoodie, there's no hood.

by Anonymousreply 257January 17, 2023 9:00 PM

Heilemann announced he's taking a hiatus from his podcast, Hell & High Water, to be back "after the holidays", reruns in the interim.

Don't know about the Circus - I thought they geared their seasons up to be in advance of elections. I'm sure they'll return once the 2024 campaigns begin in earnest.

by Anonymousreply 258January 17, 2023 10:19 PM

As far as I know, Nicolle has never declared their marriage on DLWH. I would think the network would require it, in order to be transparent about any possible conflict of interest. Plus it's nothing to be secretive about.

by Anonymousreply 259January 17, 2023 10:24 PM

R258

Where/When did Heilemann announce the hiatus?

by Anonymousreply 260January 18, 2023 5:42 AM

R260 The lead into his podcast, he goes into a bit of detail on how he really needs a break.

I heard it at the beginning of the episode with Kara Swisher as guest, released on 12/27.

by Anonymousreply 261January 18, 2023 7:30 AM

I've written here before that Mike Schmidt's onscreen persona is so odd to my sown sensibilities that I suspect that he may be somewhere on the "spectrum." His wardrobe choice, almost silly in how it reminds me of a required school uniform, is a part of that oddness factor.

And, as has already been said here, I cannot picture him together with Nicolle!

Speaking of Schmidt, what was up with his hair yesterday? The part was out of it's normal place and the texture of the hair was somehow different; i.e. more course.

by Anonymousreply 262January 18, 2023 2:31 PM

You sound utterly obsessed with Mike Schmidt, r262. Better have that checked out with your therapist soon.

by Anonymousreply 263January 18, 2023 3:15 PM

^^^ Not so much obsesses with but rather in seeing Schmidt on air 3 or 4 times per week, his oddness is hard to overlook.

Schmidt stands out single-handedly among the range of guests seen on MSNBC as perhaps the most awkward and stunted in his manner and delivery of speech.

FYI: Don't bother providing me with your therapist as a favor though, as they've obviously not done you any favors.

by Anonymousreply 264January 18, 2023 3:23 PM

I don’t know, I think he’s kind of cute but was shocked when I read about him and Nicolle.

R259, I, too, am surprised that they are not required to disclose the fact that they are married whenever he appears on her show, at least when he’s on to promote a book he’s written given that she as his spouse also benefits from its success.

by Anonymousreply 265January 18, 2023 3:54 PM

I don't find Mike particularly odd. He may not be as polished as a lot of their contributors but he is a great reporter, constantly breaking news for the NY Times where he writes. I guess he's a better investigative reporter/writer than on camera speaker. But I think he just looks like an ordinary (somewhat) handsome straight guy. And I know thousands of them who wear those zipped sweaters...no big deal if he doesn't wear a tie and jacket on air. What difference does it make?

All that said, it is peculiar that Nicolle doesn't disclose he's her husband in her introduction.

by Anonymousreply 266January 18, 2023 4:53 PM

I like Mike. He seems uncomplicated. I think he definitely worked on the school newspaper, and took it very seriously. To his credit.

by Anonymousreply 267January 18, 2023 5:13 PM

[quote]All that said, it is peculiar that Nicolle doesn't disclose he's her husband in her introduction.

I don't know why, r266. I think it's pretty clear they want to keep their on-camera careers separate. I don't think they have an interest in being Joe and Mika or Tex and Jinx.

by Anonymousreply 268January 18, 2023 5:41 PM

Maybe they announced it after the wedding? Having to announce it every time he appears on the show seems excessive. I think anyone that watches the show knows they are married by now.

by Anonymousreply 269January 18, 2023 11:56 PM

How cute ! Chris Hayes sneezed while talking about MTG tonight. He has a cute sneeze.

by Anonymousreply 270January 19, 2023 12:11 AM

That's nothing to sneeze at, Chris.

by Anonymousreply 271January 19, 2023 12:11 AM

Tim Miller is a guest on Chris Hayes. He's wearing a double strand of pearls tonight against a black tee. Somehow, the guy gets away with it and comes off as sexy.

by Anonymousreply 272January 19, 2023 12:14 AM

[quote]Chris Hayes sneezed while talking about MTG tonight.

It's probably Covid.

by Anonymousreply 273January 19, 2023 12:20 AM

Yup Michael Schmidt w/ a Tie and a Zip-Up is back!

by Anonymousreply 274January 19, 2023 1:25 AM

He always looks like he's cold, r274.

by Anonymousreply 275January 19, 2023 1:26 AM

r272, Tim Miller is not sexy. There’s always an unbathed look to him.

by Anonymousreply 276January 19, 2023 1:47 AM

Agreed, r276.

by Anonymousreply 277January 19, 2023 1:59 AM

So young...

by Anonymousreply 278January 19, 2023 2:04 AM

Tim is not unattractive, but as has been mentioned here before, if you think Steve Kornacki has twiggy forearms, Tim's are Biafran waif-like.

by Anonymousreply 279January 19, 2023 2:47 AM

Kornacki's chinos are so baggy in the crotch, he looks FTM.

by Anonymousreply 280January 19, 2023 4:21 AM

His crotch isn't baggy, r280, it's pouchy.

by Anonymousreply 281January 19, 2023 4:22 AM

pouchy yes, but unfortunately not owing to his pouch it appears.

by Anonymousreply 282January 19, 2023 5:14 AM

Desiderio on Way Too Early has lovely lips that I could picture around my cock.

Dimpled chin.

Sweet.

by Anonymousreply 283January 19, 2023 9:13 AM

A nice aspect of Morning Joe is the camerawork povides views of panelists in profile, from the back, even the tops of their heads. A bit of visual interest.

While Eli and Daniel may be aging out, Danny Cevallos is still looking quite fine, from all angles.

by Anonymousreply 284January 19, 2023 10:31 AM

Give me an hour or so with Danny Cevallos. Please and thank you.

by Anonymousreply 285January 19, 2023 1:07 PM

Mika vs Stephanie?

Any beef there?

by Anonymousreply 286January 19, 2023 1:19 PM

I'd love to see the many angles of Renato Mariotti on Morning Joe.

by Anonymousreply 287January 19, 2023 2:52 PM

Speaking of Danny Cevallos, I saw him on air yesterday for the first time in ages.

And for that, I was "glad", to put it mildly.

by Anonymousreply 288January 19, 2023 8:47 PM

MSNBC/ NBC scooping up all the CNN-ers fleeing the new management.

by Anonymousreply 289January 19, 2023 9:48 PM

Nicolle just can't help herself - laughing in the face of every news story affecting the well-being of this country.

Michael Steele and Ally Vitale are not laughing "with" you, but "at" you, Nicolle, a clueless, privileged white woman who has nothing to lose regardless of how the political winds blow. You disgust me.

Mike Schmidt settled in his choice of a life partner and deserves better.

by Anonymousreply 290January 19, 2023 9:50 PM

Oh pish, r290, she laughs out of disbelief. It may annoy you, but for it to disgust you is...what's the word...odd.

by Anonymousreply 291January 19, 2023 9:56 PM

Ali Vitali (correcting my error at R-290, above).

I cannot wait to read your reaction to Nicolle's "disbelief" when reporting the discovery of the DeSantis camp sites, R291. But you just keep your head buried and you will be fine.

What's the bird? Ostrich?

by Anonymousreply 292January 19, 2023 10:12 PM

Now you're choosing to double down on the odd, r292.

by Anonymousreply 293January 19, 2023 10:18 PM

Nicolle Wallace was not so nice to Laura Jarett today w/ the SC report. Laura left from CNN to NBC to take over for Pete Williams & is Valerie Jarett’s daughter.

She is very pretty & Nikki probably felt threatened.

by Anonymousreply 294January 19, 2023 10:48 PM

I thought Nicolle was adequately cordial towards Jarett, even a little solicitous considering all the other guests' positions disputed her analysis of SCOTUS's motives and reactions to the report.

by Anonymousreply 295January 19, 2023 11:11 PM

Jarett is very poised and pretty, with lustrous hair. A child of privilege.

by Anonymousreply 296January 20, 2023 7:48 AM

I love when white people (I can smell you r296) call black legacy kids that they are children of privilege.

by Anonymousreply 297January 20, 2023 8:10 AM

Glad you love it because she is. And both her parents are multiracial.

by Anonymousreply 298January 20, 2023 8:31 AM

Sarcasm is such a tricky color, r298.

r297

by Anonymousreply 299January 20, 2023 9:15 AM

Besides I don't smell, just ask my Senegalese husband.

by Anonymousreply 300January 20, 2023 11:40 AM

Mika is back in black and working a shawl.

Unintentionally funny line this morning: Mika saying, "Joe, I cut you off. Sorry."

by Anonymousreply 301January 20, 2023 12:55 PM

The past few weeks of Morning Joe have been boring - so boring, I've been changing the channel to Don Lemon & Friends. If they have nothing new on Trump, Mika & Joe fail miserably. I'm not interested in Biden's docs, I'm not interested in Alec Baldwin, I'm not interested in much they're covering the past two weeks. I can't believe they devoted a whole five minutes to 'Roger the Parrot' the other day.

by Anonymousreply 302January 20, 2023 3:16 PM

Andrea—Spell it the FUCK out !!!

by Anonymousreply 303January 20, 2023 4:19 PM

[quote]And both her parents are multiracial.

Nope. That bitch is completely black.

by Anonymousreply 304January 20, 2023 6:29 PM

Nicolle just admitted she is married to Mike Schmidt on air!

by Anonymousreply 305January 20, 2023 8:05 PM

She said it!

Nicolle to Mike "...in the interest of disclosure we're married and read it at the same time"

by Anonymousreply 306January 20, 2023 8:06 PM

NOW a warning?!?!

by Anonymousreply 307January 20, 2023 8:06 PM

Which of you bitches is the MSNBC intern who reads here?

by Anonymousreply 308January 20, 2023 8:08 PM

Did Nicolle and Mike send love and congratulations to Meghan McCain and her husband Ben while on the air ?

by Anonymousreply 309January 20, 2023 8:10 PM

Nicolle has the chief investigator for the J6 Committee on today.

Blockbuster narrative weaving of Trump, his inner circle and evidence of criminality. Highlighting what the DoJ has and the extra tools the DoJ has.

Trump is fucked. Hinted at all of the evidence of criminality conduct by Trump's "Republicans in Congress" as well. Delish.

by Anonymousreply 310January 20, 2023 9:45 PM

Oh I so hope Trump is fucked when it comes to 2024. But... the devil you know or the devil you don't?

God this country is in deep do do.

by Anonymousreply 311January 20, 2023 9:48 PM

What do you call that coif? Finger-tousled tendril tresses?

by Anonymousreply 312January 20, 2023 9:53 PM

The J6 Committee chief investigator Mr. Heaphy was quite delish, too! Daddy!

by Anonymousreply 313January 20, 2023 10:10 PM

Melissa Murray subbing for Ari today. Has she ever hosted before? She’s doing a good job.

by Anonymousreply 314January 20, 2023 10:14 PM

r313, I am content driven, but that too!

r310

by Anonymousreply 315January 20, 2023 10:16 PM

r314, is she a'rappin the legals, like a queen regal, Not only heard in the seat of the weird, but SEEN?

Go Mistress Melissa Murray, go 3M!

by Anonymousreply 316January 20, 2023 10:22 PM

LOVE seeing Melissa Murray at the anchor desk! More, please.

by Anonymousreply 317January 20, 2023 10:26 PM

Melissa much better than Katie Phang.

by Anonymousreply 318January 20, 2023 11:39 PM

DoJ to Jim Jordan and the House Judiciary Committee: "Longstanding DoJ policy prevents us from confirming or denying the existence of pending investigations in response to congressional requests or providing NON PUBLIC information about our investigations."

by Anonymousreply 319January 21, 2023 12:56 AM

r319, hopefully that means “Shitty Pants Gym Jordan, you in danger gurl.” 😂

by Anonymousreply 320January 21, 2023 5:44 AM

R320 He'll probably get more whiney and irrational. How does someone who himself has defied a congressional subpoena, think his chest-thumping demands will get others to comply?

by Anonymousreply 321January 21, 2023 7:20 AM

When is George Clooney's documentary/expose about Gym Jordan and his college locker room shenanigans going to be aired?

by Anonymousreply 322January 21, 2023 1:24 PM

nicolle laughing at every story is very weird, but so is her choice of hubby, mr schmidt seems more uncomfy than a repug at mar a lago.

by Anonymousreply 323January 21, 2023 3:01 PM

^^^ As I've noticed and also said here...

"Odd duck" =Michael Schmidt.

(I did see him show his teeth in a smile of sorts as he was introduced at the start of Nicole's show yesterday. I had to grip at that moment!)

by Anonymousreply 324January 21, 2023 3:06 PM

"I mean..."

by Anonymousreply 325January 21, 2023 3:07 PM

Why would a repug be uncomfy at mar a lago, r323?

by Anonymousreply 326January 21, 2023 3:07 PM

was being oxymoronic.

by Anonymousreply 327January 21, 2023 3:23 PM

[quote]Melissa much better than Katie Phang.

Melissa > Symone.

by Anonymousreply 328January 21, 2023 7:21 PM

[quote] Melissa > Symone.

Everyone > Symone

(unless, of course, we're talking about weight)

by Anonymousreply 329January 21, 2023 8:03 PM

Melissa Harris-Perry is back??

by Anonymousreply 330January 21, 2023 8:45 PM

[quote] George Clooney's documentary/expose about Gym Jordan

The series has been picked up by HBO but I can't find a projected release date.

Should be juicy.

by Anonymousreply 331January 21, 2023 10:47 PM

[quote]Should be juicy.

It better be, r331, or why bother?

by Anonymousreply 332January 21, 2023 10:53 PM

Broadwater's bio said he was a college wrestler and used to coach wrestling. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 333January 21, 2023 10:56 PM

HBO is probably waiting till he drops his chimp pants and throws feces at witnesses appearing before House Judiciary.

Timing is everything.

I hope international lawyer, Amal Clooney, narrates.

by Anonymousreply 334January 21, 2023 10:57 PM

Was Nicole flirting with Heaphy? I caught the tremulous smile and could hear the palpitations.

by Anonymousreply 335January 22, 2023 3:27 AM

R335 His eyes, that silver hair against his bronzed skin. Only feet away. Don't know how she held it together.

by Anonymousreply 336January 22, 2023 3:37 AM

R334 I was thinking when he's up for re-election, and announces his bid to be re-elected (probably some time this year). I think he's up in 2024 ?

by Anonymousreply 337January 22, 2023 4:06 PM

R337 All House members are up in 2024, and every even-numbered year thereafter, if they decide to run.

by Anonymousreply 338January 22, 2023 11:41 PM

Joy Reid is liking tweets of a guy saying we should start calling all white people colonizers.

Interesting 🧐 that she keeps her job and Tiffany got fired.

MSNBC protecting the Primetime Weekday talent.

by Anonymousreply 339January 23, 2023 7:59 AM

Nicolle and Daddy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340January 23, 2023 9:03 AM

nicole's hubby is one funny feller. omg the eyes....joy reid is hella fun.....alex wagner ....why??

by Anonymousreply 341January 23, 2023 10:10 AM

Will Nicolle have her hubby on again to help him promote his book?

by Anonymousreply 342January 23, 2023 5:55 PM

Nicolle has on the delicious Brandon Van Grack. MSNBC should seriously be looking into giving him his own show. He definitely gives off gay vibes. So damn sexy.

by Anonymousreply 343January 23, 2023 8:37 PM

I am SO over Frank Figliuzzi running interference for the government. No matter Dem or Rep he has a justification for the corruption coming from the government.

by Anonymousreply 344January 23, 2023 8:52 PM

I wanna be tied up in Brandon Van Grack's attic!

by Anonymousreply 345January 23, 2023 9:11 PM

This Friday is National Big Wig Day/Wear Your Wig To Work Day. Even though Rachel is only on Monday, here's a flashback from 2010 where her then senior producer, Tina Cone observed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346January 23, 2023 9:45 PM

Will Joy be wearing a different wig for each segment on Friday?

by Anonymousreply 347January 23, 2023 10:02 PM

I'll get shit for this, but when I hear Claire McCaskill speaking without listening to what she's saying, I get intonations of Jennifer Coolidge. Nowhere near as halting or breathy, but a lot of the same inflections and pitch for emphasis.

by Anonymousreply 348January 23, 2023 11:02 PM

Rachel is back, but the first five mins she is phoning it in, calling news that is not breaking, BREAKING.

Then she shifted to promoting her podcast, Schmultra.

Then to Sedition convictions, and then to Oleg Derepasca and his purchase of high level FBI agents.

by Anonymousreply 349January 24, 2023 1:16 AM

Her show, once again, is boring tonight. She's lost her MoJo - especially when there's no new Trump shit to report.

by Anonymousreply 350January 24, 2023 1:19 AM

She's going to report on Santos's shenanigans after the Deripaska segment

by Anonymousreply 351January 24, 2023 1:24 AM

But Rachel’s makeup looks FLAWLESS tonight.

by Anonymousreply 352January 24, 2023 1:34 AM

donald mugged George Santos on the corner of Fifth Avenue and 55th Street and stole his shoes.

Can't say donald didn't warn us.

by Anonymousreply 353January 24, 2023 1:41 AM

Yeah, Rachel's just regurgitating all the news we've heard all day. Doesn't she usually prepare a lengthy lecture on something interesting we don't know much about?

by Anonymousreply 354January 24, 2023 1:45 AM

R352 She wears false eyelashes and Chap Stick. Hard to mess that up.

by Anonymousreply 355January 24, 2023 1:46 AM

Lawrence and Sheldon...

by Anonymousreply 356January 24, 2023 2:49 AM

R354 True, she doesn't bring much value add. I wonder if it's a strategy.

by Anonymousreply 357January 24, 2023 2:49 AM

I find Sheldon Whitehouse incredibly hot!

by Anonymousreply 358January 24, 2023 3:05 AM

R354, her staff probably has given notice.

by Anonymousreply 359January 24, 2023 4:26 AM

I think Miss Lindsey has a secret crush on Sheldon, despite his relentless search for the truth about Kavanaugh. He was probably all aflutter at the chance to spend some alone time on their trip together.

by Anonymousreply 360January 24, 2023 8:37 AM

I must be watching a different Frank Figliuzzi than an earlier poster who wrote that he "..runs interference for the government..."

I'm calling b.s. on that totally out-of-reality earlier claim!

by Anonymousreply 361January 24, 2023 12:34 PM

I...can't...get tickets...to Taylor Swift...

by Anonymousreply 362January 24, 2023 5:54 PM

Andrea Joy Campbell

by Anonymousreply 363January 25, 2023 2:46 AM

MSNBC is so serious

MSNBC columnist and New York University professor Ruth Ben-Ghiat opined that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis was “so dangerous in every way” and “authoritarian” after he recommended that students be prevented from using their phones during class at a press conference.

“Why are these kids on their phones during class all the time?” asked DeSantis, before suggesting that schools have students “leave their phone in some cubby or something, go sit in class and learn” before returning the phones at recess.

“They should not be on their phones being distracted from the lessons,” he concluded.

Ben-Ghiat said this was further evidence of his “authoritarian personality,” prompting mockery from a number of conservatives, including DeSantis’s deputy press secretary Jeremy Redfern, who said he hoped she could “find peace during this difficult time.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364January 25, 2023 3:13 AM

Ruth Ben-Ghiat really wants students to have their phones so that they can continue to be groomed by the cabal of online gay predators, storytelling drag queens, cos-play Disney characters, asylum-seeking Venezuelans, CRT advocates, ex-felons attempting to vote, and the woke demi-monde who want children to feel uncomfortable about their white heritage.

by Anonymousreply 365January 25, 2023 5:40 AM

joy is the only fun freakazoid on dat channel, tho mika is amusing.

by Anonymousreply 366January 25, 2023 8:39 AM

Alex Wagner loves to hear herself talk. Needs to shut up so guests can answer the fucking questions.

by Anonymousreply 367January 25, 2023 8:55 AM

Jonathan Lemire and that access journalist smirk this morning.

by Anonymousreply 368January 25, 2023 1:11 PM

Lemire has the best sideways/crooked smile/smirk going at times that I can think of.

I don't mind it at all really but wonder how he manages to get his mouth so sideways.

by Anonymousreply 369January 25, 2023 1:27 PM

R369 - He probably practiced a lot in front of a mirror.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370January 25, 2023 1:33 PM

^^^ I had the same thought. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 371January 25, 2023 1:38 PM

I am Andrew Weissman. I will say something that provides or adds valuable insight or context to a story but in so doing, I'll make you listen to my vocal fry.

I apparently do not know how to speak without sounding like a frog!

At least with my poof of teased up hair in place, everyone will know that I'm not a frog...

by Anonymousreply 372January 25, 2023 1:42 PM

Also, I will try and position myself in a different place in my fabulous Soho loft each time I zoom in so that you can take in all of my incredibly ironic art and tchotchkes.

by Anonymousreply 373January 25, 2023 1:47 PM

I've loved glimpses of Weismann's apartment. Do we know it's in Soho? We used to see his dog regularly. Hope its ok.

by Anonymousreply 374January 25, 2023 2:26 PM

John Heilemann went to Andrew’s apartment on The Circus. He lives in Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 375January 25, 2023 3:34 PM

Was his wife at home?

by Anonymousreply 376January 25, 2023 5:51 PM

Gotta be Brooklyn Heights.

by Anonymousreply 377January 25, 2023 6:28 PM

I love Smirky Lemire.

by Anonymousreply 378January 25, 2023 7:42 PM

R375 It's his open railing-free minimalist flight of stairs that always catches my eye. In private residences do building codes not apply?

by Anonymousreply 379January 25, 2023 8:10 PM

Nicolle Wallace + Santos + Jet Packs

by Anonymousreply 380January 25, 2023 8:26 PM

...oh my.

by Anonymousreply 381January 25, 2023 9:29 PM

What is with Stephanie Ruhle's voice? Geez, she sounds harsh.

by Anonymousreply 382January 25, 2023 11:22 PM

You're just noticing, R382? I like her but find her difficult to watch because of her voice. I aways want to give her a cough drop.

by Anonymousreply 383January 25, 2023 11:51 PM

I'd like to see Gadi take over for Steph on the 11th Hour. Naked of course.

by Anonymousreply 384January 25, 2023 11:55 PM

[quote] I'd like to see Gadi take over for Steph on the 11th Hour. Naked of course.

I want to see Gadi and Ben Collins co-anchor naked. C'mon, MSNBC execs, make it happen!

by Anonymousreply 385January 26, 2023 12:03 AM

I always assumed that what looked like a bannister-less flight of stairs in Andrew's loft was just another piece of his ironic art collection.

by Anonymousreply 386January 26, 2023 12:06 AM

Can we add Joe Fryer as a frequent contributor to the show? He'd be standing naked at the anchor desk with Gadi and Ben.

by Anonymousreply 387January 26, 2023 12:08 AM

No comments about adorable mimic/comic Matt Friend who tickled Ari so mercilessly last night? Is Matt gay?

by Anonymousreply 388January 26, 2023 12:10 AM

Ilhan is so pretty.

by Anonymousreply 389January 26, 2023 12:12 AM

For Gadi fans: He was just named anchor of an hourly evening news show on NBC News NOW (the streaming service). Sadly, it appears that he will be clothed during the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390January 26, 2023 12:13 AM

I find myself liking NBC News Now better than MSNBC. So much less bloviating, and more actual news.

by Anonymousreply 391January 26, 2023 12:16 AM

[quote] Can we add Joe Fryer as a frequent contributor to the show? He'd be standing naked at the anchor desk with Gadi and Ben.

And how about Steven Romo and Morgan Chesky, reporting naked from the field?

by Anonymousreply 392January 26, 2023 12:19 AM

I understand MSNBC will be debuting "The News: Top to Bottom" with Gadi Schwartz and Vaughn Hillyard later this year.

by Anonymousreply 393January 26, 2023 12:21 AM

Don’t forget me! I want to be naked, too!

by Anonymousreply 394January 26, 2023 12:21 AM

I totally agree, R391. They are doing an excellent job building a line-up. They are giving the news with the same talking head contributors that show up on MSNBC, just a little less often. IF you have not checked out the channel, I strongly encourage you to do so. This is what I thought CNN+ was supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 395January 26, 2023 12:23 AM

Yes, R392. Steven and Morgan have already been signed as naked reporters in the field. They understand that all shots from the field will be full-body images

by Anonymousreply 396January 26, 2023 12:26 AM

Also "Kornacki: Without Khakis"

by Anonymousreply 397January 26, 2023 12:28 AM

Nicolle Wallace always sounds like a depressed valley girl

by Anonymousreply 398January 26, 2023 12:31 AM

Clearly, NBC News needs to add an R-rated streaming network to showcase all their hot male talent: NBC Nudes Now.

by Anonymousreply 399January 26, 2023 12:31 AM

Doesn't anyone want to see me naked?

by Anonymousreply 400January 26, 2023 12:32 AM

Andrea, even old Mr. Greenspan doesn't want to see you naked.

by Anonymousreply 401January 26, 2023 12:35 AM

NO Andrea. We'd actually like you to begin wearing a veil to cover your face effective immediately.

by Anonymousreply 402January 26, 2023 12:43 AM

Matt Friend is adorable. At 24 he has quite a future ahead of him. I wonder if he went home with Ari after the show and stayed the night ?

by Anonymousreply 403January 26, 2023 1:11 AM

[quote]Clearly, NBC News needs to add an R-rated streaming network to showcase all their hot male talent

I'd like to add Jacob Soboroff, Sam Brock, Jesse Kirsch, Raf Sanchez and Matt Bradley to the list of names given above.

by Anonymousreply 404January 26, 2023 1:13 AM

I don't care about the flubbed words - Andrea has a gorgeous voice.

by Anonymousreply 405January 26, 2023 1:14 AM

She does, R405. It is kind of raspy but soothing at the same time. It is an unusual combination.

by Anonymousreply 406January 26, 2023 1:27 AM

Socialist Jamal Bowman taking credit for DEMOCRAT wins that he voted against.

#fakecongressman

by Anonymousreply 407January 26, 2023 1:30 AM

No love for Garrett Haake?

by Anonymousreply 408January 26, 2023 1:36 AM

For reasons that are known to him, r408.

by Anonymousreply 409January 26, 2023 1:38 AM

Does this lack of interest mean that towering dreamboat Tom Winter is mine, all mine?

by Anonymousreply 410January 26, 2023 1:46 AM

Ari is getting old and scruffy looking. He's going to be 43 in March, yet he looks like he's nearly 63. He needs to clean up his act for the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 411January 26, 2023 1:50 AM

More Nick Confessore, please!

by Anonymousreply 412January 26, 2023 2:07 AM

Does anybody call Lawrence, Larry?

by Anonymousreply 413January 26, 2023 2:33 AM

Nick Confessore, like Eric Swalwell and DL fave Adam Kinzinger, would look so much handsomer clean shaven. There aren't many good-looking men that don't rock beards but those are three of them.

by Anonymousreply 414January 26, 2023 2:35 AM

[quote] another piece of his ironic art collection

Entitled "The Treachery of Ironies (Ceci n’est pas un escalier)"

by Anonymousreply 415January 26, 2023 5:00 AM

[quote]Ari is getting old and scruffy looking. He's going to be 43 in March, yet he looks like he's nearly 63. He needs to clean up his act for the cameras.

Ari has been lying about his age for years.

by Anonymousreply 416January 26, 2023 6:54 AM

Jamal Bowman has no idea what he’s taking about & zero pushback from Alex Wagner.

by Anonymousreply 417January 26, 2023 8:34 AM

Stephanie Rhule must have vocal nodules. Generally, people with voices like hers stay away from careers in broadcasting.

by Anonymousreply 418January 26, 2023 11:23 AM

Disagree, r414!

by Anonymousreply 419January 26, 2023 12:22 PM

The handsome Richard Engle is on Morning Joe today - wow! The guy just keeps getting sexier as he ages. If only he would take his shirt off when he's reporting...(sigh)

by Anonymousreply 420January 26, 2023 1:03 PM

Ashley Parker is one unattractive person.

Always wonder about how she & Phil Rucker were on MSNBC all the time back in the day and now they are barely on.

Nicolle & Brian Williams had them on all the time and then poof gone.

by Anonymousreply 421January 26, 2023 2:29 PM

Yay! Suze Orman was in the house today speaking with Mika. They were talking about women over fifty and preparing for a recession while preparing for retirement. I love the dig Mika gave her (paraphrasing a bit) :

"You started your dream when you were over fifty, and here you are - DECADES LATER - and you became a success. Did you ever think you'd be where you are at this age now ?"

Poor Suze gritted her teeth and stuck out her jaw as she tried to smile. She's only 71, yet Mika made it sound like she's 90 when she says 'decades later' from when she was in her fifties.

BTW - Ormon suggests everyone invest in T-Bills right now, for three months or six months. She said the interest is very good on them, and they are more reliable than the stock market these days. She does not recommend more than a six month investment - three months is ideal, and then you can re-invest for another three months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422January 26, 2023 2:46 PM

r422, that is the same advice as put it all into cash, that I got excoriated for.

The debt ceiling crazy can last until June, and that would be a six-month window.

Again, she agrees with me.

by Anonymousreply 423January 26, 2023 7:07 PM

R423 Buying T-Bills is the same as putting it all into cash ? How so ? (Seriously, I'm not following this.)

by Anonymousreply 424January 26, 2023 9:41 PM

It is better because if you park cash and put it in a non-interest bearing account that is just treading water, putting it in a Treasury Bill is 100% safe at 4%.

by Anonymousreply 425January 26, 2023 9:55 PM

Has anyone confirmed that Vaughn likes dick?

by Anonymousreply 426January 26, 2023 10:31 PM

Yes, Vaughn has a bf, he's come out on Insta and shows photos of them together all the time, r426. Try to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 427January 26, 2023 10:34 PM

Mxyzptlk ("Mxy")

by Anonymousreply 428January 26, 2023 11:19 PM

^Oops! Wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 429January 26, 2023 11:23 PM

I'm horny.

by Anonymousreply 430January 26, 2023 11:24 PM

[quote]Yes, Vaughn has a bf, he's come out on Insta and shows photos of them together all the time

Strictly speaking, this just means he's gay, it doesn't mean he "likes dick." He could be frigid.

by Anonymousreply 431January 26, 2023 11:30 PM

r431 Oh he likes the Big D

by Anonymousreply 432January 26, 2023 11:32 PM

They were engaged in August.

If he doesn't like dick, his future husband will probably be disappointed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433January 27, 2023 12:29 AM

Are you suggesting that Vaughn will be legitimately wearing virginal white to the wedding, R433?

by Anonymousreply 434January 27, 2023 2:22 AM

Their commitment bracelets symbolize the mutual vow to remain chaste until marriage.

Bristol Palin has been providing spiritual guidance and abstinence support. .

by Anonymousreply 435January 27, 2023 3:40 AM

I bet Gadi, Vaughn and Steve Kornacki make the EXACT same surprised facial expression when they get rimmed.

by Anonymousreply 436January 27, 2023 5:15 AM

I find Guad Venegas sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437January 27, 2023 5:16 AM

Here's hoping this week's gushing fangurls will have grown past their arrested development in time to participate on thread "MSNBC Part 45" responsibly.

I miss the good old days when Muriel offered sections here according to interests, e.g. Politics, Gossip, Lesbian, etc.

by Anonymousreply 438January 27, 2023 7:27 PM

That was pre-Muriel.

Those were the days of Webby (Webmaster).

by Anonymousreply 439January 27, 2023 7:57 PM

Thanks, R439.

by Anonymousreply 440January 27, 2023 8:24 PM

No. That was The Editor!!!

Editor…F&F and redtag Rxxx!

by Anonymousreply 441January 27, 2023 9:25 PM

You just know Gadi has a big swinging cock.

by Anonymousreply 442January 28, 2023 12:19 AM

Mine is big too!

by Anonymousreply 443January 28, 2023 12:25 AM

Gadi is a hottie. But he's turning into a frau. Ever since he and his wife had a child, his Instagram is all pictures of their daughter and the joys of fatherhood.

by Anonymousreply 444January 28, 2023 12:26 AM

Vaughn is a total bottom.

by Anonymousreply 445January 28, 2023 12:26 AM

BIG, Vaughn? Compared to what? A baby carrot?

by Anonymousreply 446January 28, 2023 12:28 AM

r445 Bottoms can have nice cocks too

by Anonymousreply 447January 28, 2023 12:35 AM

Tori Spelling looked like Miss Piggy on Morning Joe.

by Anonymousreply 448January 28, 2023 6:53 AM

Brittany Packnett Cunningham is aggressive on the defund the police plot. Never going to happen sister.

by Anonymousreply 449January 28, 2023 11:44 AM

Another weekend of hour by hour rehash of one incident that was covered thoroughly on Friday.

The thing I like about Rachel's reporting is that she ALWAYS had a different angle.

Like if she were on, on Monday, she would compare all the CIVIL SUIT PAYOUTS for all of these Professional Black Lynchings.

She would do a deep dive as to WHO PAYS for the payouts.

by Anonymousreply 450January 28, 2023 10:36 PM

[quote]She would do a deep dive as to WHO PAYS for the payouts.

That's her biggest problem. She's always doing a deep dive into stuff that everybody ALREADY KNOWS.

by Anonymousreply 451January 28, 2023 10:48 PM

How about the difference between police departments that are self insured and those that have insurance?

How about the history of payouts and how it affects local budgets. Are we shorting teachers to pay for the sins of police officers?

Things people do NOT know.

by Anonymousreply 452January 28, 2023 10:52 PM

At this point, honestly we could do without Rachel if she is going to show up and do a half-assed job. And it isn’t fair to Alex Wagner.

If MSNBC wants to keep her so bad they should make her the host of Meet The Press or give her a contract to only do historical specials, which seems to be her passion.

There are other personalities on that network who should be amplified and given a chance instead. Stephanie Ruhle is loud, give her Rachel’s timeslot to compete with the Fox assholes and make John Heilman and Alex Wagner cohosts of the 11th Hour.

by Anonymousreply 453January 28, 2023 11:34 PM

No no no r453. I can't deal with Stephanie Ruhle

by Anonymousreply 454January 29, 2023 1:46 AM

Put Gadi and his big swinging dick on for an hour in primetime!

by Anonymousreply 455January 29, 2023 1:49 AM

Gadi just got a primetime hour on NBC News Now.

by Anonymousreply 456January 29, 2023 1:52 AM

Who’s the bald black Roman with the red mouth? She’s a commentator with limited insight.

by Anonymousreply 457January 29, 2023 1:53 AM

r457 Limited insight? That includes just about the entire pundit lineup on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 458January 29, 2023 1:56 AM

I tuned out when MSNBC adopted the current "all Trump all the time" format.

by Anonymousreply 459January 29, 2023 1:57 AM

[quote] when MSNBC adopted the current "all Trump all the time" format.

Always the same day in day out year in year out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460January 29, 2023 2:32 AM

I would love for Rachel to take on 'Meet the Press' and get rid of that current jackass who's hosting. Wasn't it rumored the past summer he was on the chopping block - and his days were numbered ?

by Anonymousreply 461January 29, 2023 3:54 AM

R459 Same. I'm much better informed after switching to the Biden Crime Family network.

by Anonymousreply 462January 29, 2023 5:49 AM

What losers still use the word woke?

by Anonymousreply 463January 29, 2023 9:12 PM

r462 I know. I don't think anybody watches cable news for actual information anymore, but instead for confirmation of one's priors.

by Anonymousreply 464January 29, 2023 9:45 PM

R463, closet White Supremacists who are in for a rude historical AWAKENING.

by Anonymousreply 465January 29, 2023 10:14 PM

[quote] What losers still use the word woke?

Ron DeSanctimonoius

by Anonymousreply 466January 29, 2023 10:28 PM

HIMBO

by Anonymousreply 467January 31, 2023 1:01 AM

It appears that Individual One is about to get his nuts in a vice. I wonder if Weisselberg is going to want to have his prison sentence extended?

by Anonymousreply 468January 31, 2023 1:36 AM

Does anyone else like Maya Wiley when she's on the network ? She's so smart and well-spoken. I enjoy her immensely. I wish they would give her a show on weekends - she deserves one. Very attractive woman, too.

by Anonymousreply 469January 31, 2023 2:31 AM

I was fully expecting Stormy Daniels as Rachel's surprise guest tonight, not that inarticulate NY Times reporter. Rachel spoke of how well Stormy is doing these days - nice to hear. I wonder if Rachel doesn't trust Michael Cohen. He would have been a logical guest tonight.

Totally agree on Maya, r469.

by Anonymousreply 470January 31, 2023 2:32 AM

That NYT reporter put me to sleep. If his book is as boring as he talks, there' s no wonder why it didn't grab any one's attention (Rachel).

by Anonymousreply 471January 31, 2023 2:52 AM

Both NY Times reporters were boring!

by Anonymousreply 472January 31, 2023 3:37 AM

R469 Maya's fine. I just can't look at her. My scalp hurts.

by Anonymousreply 473January 31, 2023 7:29 AM

[quote] Both NY Times reporters were boring!

I need to go back and re-watch, I must not have been paying attention.

The only book I remember being mentioned is the one soon to be released by the prosecutor who resigned in protest over the dropping of the case against Trump. He will be RM's guest next week. That sounded like it should have some good inside dirt.

by Anonymousreply 474January 31, 2023 7:39 AM

I DVRed Rachel's show (because I had gone out) and started watching around 10:00, but fell asleep when the reporter came on.

I presumed it was because I was tired, but coming here made me realize it was that damn reporter.

by Anonymousreply 475January 31, 2023 8:35 AM

I can't believe I don't remember but before the pandemic, did guests ever zoom into MSNBC shows? I guess not, but it now seems astounding that the money and complications of travel would be expended to have on air guests, all the time.

by Anonymousreply 476January 31, 2023 12:39 PM

R476 You're correct. Pre-pandemic it was more usual to have guests sit across from Rachel in the studio and go face to face with her. Now they've stuck with the zoom-to-zoom, probably realizing it's more cost effective.

by Anonymousreply 477January 31, 2023 12:43 PM

I think Rachel's trying to kill her own show so she won't have to do it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 478January 31, 2023 1:51 PM

Doesn't Rachel's wife have cancer? If so, maybe that's why she's changed so much.

And she and Chris - maybe all of them - came up with the podcasts, maybe seeing the writing on the wall for continued ratings declines for tv.

by Anonymousreply 479January 31, 2023 6:30 PM

Her wife had Covid that scard the shit out of Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 480January 31, 2023 7:08 PM

If Rachel no longer wanted to do her show, she should have just broken it off completely with MSNBC. Instead, they're trying to have it both ways and it's not working.

by Anonymousreply 481January 31, 2023 7:09 PM

I thought it was Rachel who had skin cancer?

by Anonymousreply 482January 31, 2023 7:42 PM

Nicolle’s nose contour.

by Anonymousreply 483January 31, 2023 8:01 PM

Nicolle is looking particularly dewy today. She laughingly referred to herself as a "political actor" earlier. Some DL posters will agree.

by Anonymousreply 484January 31, 2023 8:37 PM

How is the dreadful "Alex Wagner Tonight" doing in the ratings, six months in ? Is it on 'the bubble' of being canceled?

by Anonymousreply 485January 31, 2023 9:14 PM

Give 9pm to Ali V. or John Heilemann.

by Anonymousreply 486January 31, 2023 9:20 PM

If either Heilemann or Velshi focused on investigative journalism, like Melber, ok.

But it is easier to move Attorney Melber to Maddow's slot (ewww, Maddow's slot) and put either Heileman or Velshi in the Melber position.

by Anonymousreply 487January 31, 2023 9:59 PM

[quote] Nicolle is looking particularly dewy today.

dewy and bronzey.

Is she in D.C. today? The set looks different, and many of the guests who typically zoom in are in the flesh. David Fahrenthold, first time I've seen him in profile. Miles Taylor, cuteness. And Peter Strzok, revealing his bald spot.

Maybe she can take the make-up person back to NYC.

by Anonymousreply 488January 31, 2023 10:18 PM

Give the 9 o'clock hour to Michael Steele, who might be able to book some repugnicant guests.

Maya Wiley should be sitting in NYC's City Hall, instead we're stuck with dumb-as-a-brick Mayor Adams. Thanks Rank Voting (which few voters fully understood)!

by Anonymousreply 489January 31, 2023 10:32 PM

Melber did an epic interview with Gates.

by Anonymousreply 490January 31, 2023 10:41 PM

What happened to John Heilemann’s show The Circus?

by Anonymousreply 491January 31, 2023 10:48 PM

Not a bad idea, R489. I was impressed with Michael Steele the few times I heard him fill in as a host.

by Anonymousreply 492January 31, 2023 11:10 PM

I think Steele is a wonderful choice. I also like Ron Reagan.

And those women - Winebanks, Barbara somebody (Alabama lady) -- oh I can't remember but there were several really smart female commentators during the worst of the Trump times (assuming they're over)

by Anonymousreply 493January 31, 2023 11:20 PM

Barbara McQuade.

Now I need to figure the other one.

by Anonymousreply 494January 31, 2023 11:21 PM

Joyce Vance !!!

by Anonymousreply 495January 31, 2023 11:22 PM

R494, make that the fabulous Joyce Vance!!!

by Anonymousreply 496January 31, 2023 11:22 PM

The Sisters in Law!

I would not mind a weekly show of them dishing the current world!

by Anonymousreply 497January 31, 2023 11:24 PM

There is the audio podcast, but they also have appeared altogether on Jonathan Capehart's show recently. Zoomed in of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498January 31, 2023 11:36 PM

Alex Wagner is a good reporter but she’s not a STAR! She would have been better at 4pm and move Nicolle to 9pm

by Anonymousreply 499January 31, 2023 11:42 PM

Anyone taking (most) of Rachel Maddow's slot has an uphill climb.

by Anonymousreply 500January 31, 2023 11:54 PM

Joy Reid has bad skin.

by Anonymousreply 501January 31, 2023 11:58 PM

Exactly, r500. I'm just fine with Alex.

by Anonymousreply 502February 1, 2023 12:00 AM

Alex rocks. Although her ratings probably aren't stellar. I'm a little surprised that the TRMS team does not seem to be producing more in-depth pieces for her, ala Rachel. Many nights she ends up rehashing the stories of the day, albeit very proficiently.

by Anonymousreply 503February 1, 2023 12:40 AM

That is Alex's biggest problem. By the time 9 PM comes around I don't want to see just another rehash of the news I've been watching since 4 PM.

Even Chris Hayes and Lawrence O'D are able to give a somewhat fresh spin on things, but Alex always seems to be spinning wheels already spun. And I like Alex! Just wish she had better producers/writers.

by Anonymousreply 504February 1, 2023 12:44 AM

r504 News? I haven't seen much news on MSNBC in years now.

by Anonymousreply 505February 1, 2023 12:51 AM

R505 That troll bait is getting old. Doesn't even make sense.

by Anonymousreply 506February 1, 2023 1:11 AM

On come on, r506... you have to admit r505 has a point.

by Anonymousreply 507February 1, 2023 1:13 AM

Waiting for the "at least MSNBC isn't as bad as Fox News" line.

by Anonymousreply 508February 1, 2023 1:14 AM

Like I said, it's getting really old.

by Anonymousreply 509February 1, 2023 1:16 AM

Not everybody has to like every MSNBC program or personality, R509.

by Anonymousreply 510February 1, 2023 1:21 AM

We ignored you the first time you said it upthread, R505.

by Anonymousreply 511February 1, 2023 1:26 AM

R510 The hackneyed and repetitive "haven't seen news on MSNBC in years" nonsense, speaks nothing to that.

by Anonymousreply 512February 1, 2023 1:30 AM

I know, R511. Reading opinions that differ from your own can be difficult. You'll get better at it.

by Anonymousreply 513February 1, 2023 1:34 AM

If McQuade and Vance were ever to get their own show, please let them have some make-up artists and hair stylists in the budget. They always look like they just left working a 24 hour shift at Family Dollar.

by Anonymousreply 514February 1, 2023 1:34 AM

R514 ouch.

by Anonymousreply 515February 1, 2023 1:37 AM

I wish they'd get rid of Nicolle. Not sure what the fascination with her is.

by Anonymousreply 516February 1, 2023 1:42 AM

r516...

[quote]Not everybody has to like every MSNBC program or personality, R509.

by Anonymousreply 517February 1, 2023 1:48 AM

I think Andrea is the best, sexiest anchor currently on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 518February 1, 2023 1:54 AM

Thank you for sharing, Mr. Greenspan.

by Anonymousreply 519February 1, 2023 1:58 AM

I’d like to see MSNBC promote Willie Geist to bigger and better things. He’s handsome, personable and knowledgeable. He’s not wasted on Morning Joe because he’s a welcome break from the hosts. He was a frequent guest on Watch What Happens Live. He was so relaxed when Cohen flirted with him.

by Anonymousreply 520February 1, 2023 2:20 AM

[quote] I haven't seen much news on MSNBC in years now.

MSNBC's 𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑑 𝑒̂𝑡𝑟𝑒 is wish fulfillment. Not news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521February 1, 2023 2:20 AM

[quote] I can't believe I don't remember but before the pandemic, did guests ever zoom into MSNBC shows? I guess not, but it now seems astounding that the money and complications of travel would be expended to have on air guests, all the time.

Pre-pandemic, you would sometimes have remote guests, but they were usually at local NBC stations' studios or sometimes at their work office (like a NY Times reporter live from the NY Times newsroom). It would have been considered bizarre and inappropriate for someone to appear live on air from their bedroom or kitchen. Now, thanks to COVID, that's considered perfectly normal.

by Anonymousreply 522February 1, 2023 2:28 AM

What up with Lawrence tonight, his skin color is bordering on Trumpian.

by Anonymousreply 523February 1, 2023 3:02 AM

That's weird, r523, because Nicolle's skin also had an orange glow today.

by Anonymousreply 524February 1, 2023 3:17 AM

Who's been fuckin' around with the Max Factor???

by Anonymousreply 525February 1, 2023 3:18 AM

Perish the thought of fucking around with Barbara McQuade's and Joyce Vance's hairstyling and makeup! That disheveled careless look they both sport is so much a part of their realness and accessibility. If I want a beautifully groomed lawyer I can always gaze upon Jill Wine Banks.

I love all three of them and what they each bring on camera.

Btw, McQuade, believe it or not, has a very hot husband. No time to link now but look him up!

by Anonymousreply 526February 1, 2023 3:20 AM

Willie can never completely avoid the stench of his former job as sidekick to Tucker Carlson.

by Anonymousreply 527February 1, 2023 3:25 AM

Ari Melber needs to shave.

by Anonymousreply 528February 1, 2023 3:25 AM

[quote]Ari Melber needs to shave.

Every four hours.

by Anonymousreply 529February 1, 2023 3:27 AM

[quote]I haven't seen much news on MSNBC in years now.

To a certain degree I would say this is a fair statement, at least where it comes to any news not related to Trump. Last night when I got home and my phone was just starting to blow up with alerts about Cindy Williams, they made no mention of it at all on MSNBC -- Joy Reid was on at the time followed by Chris Hayes and neither said a word about it; however, I switched over to CNN and Anderson Cooper was reporting on it as did my local news channel at 10:00. This is not to suggest that MSNBC was obligated to say something about the passing of a sitcom star from long ago, just that it's a prime example of how they don't pay much attention to anything that doesn't involve the former guy.

by Anonymousreply 530February 1, 2023 5:48 AM

Who the fuck is Cindy Williams?

by Anonymousreply 531February 1, 2023 6:05 AM

When it first became a thing I could access - I guess early 199s - I became obsessed with BBC News. Now, not so much - but I'm really into France 24 and Deutsche Welle (both have English versions on youtube.)

However, at the height of my nervous breakdown due to Donald John Trump, I was glued to MSNBC every night and it was a kind of therapy - and about the only thing that helped me stay sane. That there were talking heads who could HELP me through what felt like a Hitler cum Bolsonaro cum Duterte cum Kim Jong Un nightmare. I've needed time away so back to France and Germany...

But with the Supreme Court and R House takeoever, I have a feeling I'll be needing that therapy again soon. Nice to have a a reprieve though. What good is factual news when you're country is almost literally imploding?

by Anonymousreply 532February 1, 2023 6:08 AM

* early 1990s

by Anonymousreply 533February 1, 2023 6:08 AM

Senator Chris Murphy looked sexy and casual on w/ Lawrence tonight.

by Anonymousreply 534February 1, 2023 6:11 AM

Yup Chris Murphy looks intensely attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535February 1, 2023 6:41 AM

I lived through Trump. I'd rather not spend every waking hour hearing about him.

by Anonymousreply 536February 1, 2023 10:51 AM

Jill WIne-Banks is always impeccably accessorized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537February 1, 2023 11:12 AM

R531, I hope comedy isn’t your day job.

by Anonymousreply 538February 1, 2023 11:34 AM

Barb McQuade always looks like peppermint Patty and Joyce Vance looks like she’s just smelt pig-pen.

by Anonymousreply 539February 1, 2023 3:11 PM

Mika did a nice tribute to Cindy Williams around 8:30 am on "Morning Joe" Tuesday morning - about 12 hours after we learned the news.

Barb McQuade and Joyce Vance look like they both smell of BO and stale cigarette smoke. They are just not 'camera friendly'.

by Anonymousreply 540February 1, 2023 3:17 PM

Joyce Vance is horrendous looking.

by Anonymousreply 541February 1, 2023 3:24 PM

For actual news, I'd start with NBC News Now or CBSN

by Anonymousreply 542February 1, 2023 6:40 PM

I think what gives Vance and McQuade a worse camera presence is the fact that they speak in that sleepy southern drawl; they have no emotion in their voice or facial expression.

by Anonymousreply 543February 1, 2023 7:01 PM

I think they're great and love their intonation as well. Guess I'm weird.

I hate that perky bleached blonde shit like Megyn Kelly or Mika whoever the dingbat is...

Is Lawrence O'Donnell a hottie? Wolf Blitzer? Why do women have to be judged so harshly on their looks and voices?

by Anonymousreply 544February 1, 2023 7:05 PM

[quote]Is Lawrence O'Donnell a hottie? Wolf Blitzer? Why do women have to be judged so harshly on their looks and voices?

Are you new to this forum ?

We do the exact same thing to the men on MSNBC as well as male celebrities, politicians and athletes in general. Just read the 500+ posts above yours.

by Anonymousreply 545February 1, 2023 7:12 PM

[quote]Is Lawrence O'Donnell a hottie?

His Playgirl centerfold was pretty hot.

by Anonymousreply 546February 1, 2023 8:06 PM

[quote]Why do women have to be judged so harshly on their looks and voices?

I don't know where to begin.

by Anonymousreply 547February 1, 2023 8:38 PM

It's 70 degrees, Michael. Wouldn't you be more comfortable without the jacket?

by Anonymousreply 548February 1, 2023 8:50 PM

[quote] I lived through Trump.

No you haven't.

And it's that dismissive head-in-the-sand attitude that will ensure you haven't.

by Anonymousreply 549February 1, 2023 9:07 PM

Maybe R549. But watching MSNBC sure as hell isn't the answer.

by Anonymousreply 550February 1, 2023 9:08 PM

[quote] MSNBC sure as hell isn't the answer.

The only answer is voting. MSNBC provides a constant stream of information as to why that is critically important. They've clearly got a mission. But you can't say they don't deliver news.

If you don't find it interesting, if you need more pop culture coverage, there are other options. It's very simple.

by Anonymousreply 551February 1, 2023 10:07 PM

If you like NBC/MSNBC personalities and want news, turn to NBC News Now. Unless there is something dramatic going on in the world, that is where I go now.

by Anonymousreply 552February 1, 2023 10:25 PM

R551 If MSNBC devotes 90 percent of its coverage to Trump, that means a lot of news goes uncovered, and not just pop culture stories. They cover Trump so much because a lot of viewers apparently like getting stirred up. Like Fox News, MSNBC thrives on stirring up the base. The Trump presidency created enough anxiety for me, and I could not wait for them to move on to other important stories. They never did, so I moved on.

by Anonymousreply 553February 1, 2023 10:26 PM

Yes R552 NBC News Now and CBS News Live are both great!

by Anonymousreply 554February 1, 2023 10:28 PM

[quote]If MSNBC devotes 90 percent of its coverage to Trump...

They don't, r553.

by Anonymousreply 555February 1, 2023 10:29 PM

R555 I never did a study. But every time I tuned in, the pundits and hosts were discussing Trump. I think Nicolle led with a Trump story for years on end.

by Anonymousreply 556February 1, 2023 10:34 PM

I'm so glad Chris Hayes stopped yelling at his audience.

by Anonymousreply 557February 1, 2023 10:52 PM

We had Trump in office for years on end and he still won't go away, r556. He's still going to be in the news whether you like it or not. There's also Ukraine, Tyre Nichols, McCarthy and the House, etc. Sorry if the ongoing investigations and lawsuits and counting down to indictments annoys you, but...it's legitimate news that people are and should be interested in.

by Anonymousreply 558February 1, 2023 11:15 PM

R558 But the media bears some of the responsibility for Trump not going away. Trump drives ratings. If the media had treated him like any other former president and stopped covering him, he probably would have faded away a long time ago. You can cover important Trump stories without the constant endless breathless coverage that has come to define MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 559February 1, 2023 11:28 PM

Agreed, r559. Though I wouldn't call the coverage breathless at this point.

by Anonymousreply 560February 1, 2023 11:32 PM

The Kia K5 and Hyundai Sonata are rated highly on Consumer Reports.

You get a loaded K5 with all wheel drive and a sunroof for under $32k.

Beware though-Kia and Hyundai dealers are notorious for being assholes. If you choose it, I would suggest using a buying service like Costco or AAA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561February 1, 2023 11:43 PM

sorry wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 562February 1, 2023 11:47 PM

My hour is always breathless.

by Anonymousreply 563February 1, 2023 11:53 PM

I think Chris has a bit of a crush on Ta Nehisi Coates. Seemed to be actively flirting with him. Rewatched the interview with the audio off, his facial expressions and cues were so clued in.

by Anonymousreply 564February 3, 2023 7:10 AM

AOC went into drama queen territory.

by Anonymousreply 565February 3, 2023 7:59 AM

Alex Wagner talks way too much.

by Anonymousreply 566February 3, 2023 8:14 AM

Racist cunt @ r565, she was ENRAGED.

She was justified as the White Supremacist House majority has only taken actions against women of color.

by Anonymousreply 567February 3, 2023 9:16 AM

Smirky has the morning off and Katty Kay is in full formal Brit news reader mode. Very low key. Almost restful. Very likable.

by Anonymousreply 568February 3, 2023 9:20 AM

Nicolle is OBSESSED w/ 1/6.

by Anonymousreply 569February 3, 2023 8:08 PM

Given that they were just normal tourists, r569, it does seem odd.

by Anonymousreply 570February 3, 2023 8:33 PM

[quote] Nicolle is OBSESSED w/ 1/6.

Hallie Jackson ended her show by saying that Antony Blinken was about to give a press conference about the Chinese spy balloon and his cancelled trip to China. She said Nicolle would pick up the live coverage. Cut to Nicolle, who says nothing about the balloon or the press conference and instead spends the first 30 minutes of the show on the latest Trump and 1/6-related craziness with her "favorite friends" Carol Leonnig and Tim Miller. I like Nicolle, and I'm glad she's holding Trump and the GOP accountable, but must she begin every show with the latest news from Trump land?

by Anonymousreply 571February 3, 2023 8:41 PM

Doesn't bother me, r571.

by Anonymousreply 572February 3, 2023 9:07 PM

Everything Nicolle says: A noun, a verb, and January 6th.

by Anonymousreply 573February 3, 2023 10:50 PM

I want to hear about the Chinese spy balloon!!!

by Anonymousreply 574February 3, 2023 11:02 PM

I'd rather listen to Nicolle talk about Trump than to hear Mika go on about Know Your Value.

by Anonymousreply 575February 3, 2023 11:15 PM

Hard pass on both, R575

by Anonymousreply 576February 3, 2023 11:17 PM

R571 She eventually covered the China story in the first hour. She had her panel of guests lined up for discussion of election denialists (not really 1/6). Only one of those guests was scheduled to remain and comment on the China story. I imagine those logistics along and her production team determined in what order the topics were covered.

I'm very glad that Nicolle and MSNBC in general are obsessed with saving democracy in this country - for which what happened on 1/6 was only the wake-the-fuck-up moment.

by Anonymousreply 577February 4, 2023 12:27 AM

r573, I Donald J Trump plead the 5th.

A noun, a verb, and the 5th.

by Anonymousreply 578February 4, 2023 12:56 AM

Ashley Parker is UGLY.

Can’t believe a guy married & impregnated her.

Low Standards.

by Anonymousreply 579February 4, 2023 1:23 AM

R579 I have compassion for her. She's got that dead-inside resting face. Probably a victim of child abuse.

by Anonymousreply 580February 4, 2023 1:27 AM

I agree R571. I routinely watch Nicole, but today I had enough of her obsession with 1/6. She has become obsessed with throwing Trump's fat ugly ass in prison. Now as thrilling as that would be, she needs to spend more time on non-Trump news. She says that too much press is given to Trump and his followers in Congress then turns around and repeatedly opens her show with MAGA stories.

by Anonymousreply 581February 4, 2023 1:30 AM

R581

When other events occur - the war in Ukraine, police brutality, mass shootings, general election politics, a football player having a coronary - then they take precedence.

The show has an agenda. They prioritize news according to it. That should be clear by now.

It's also what her audience (including me) wants to see. It's not going to change unless her ratings do.

by Anonymousreply 582February 4, 2023 1:53 AM

[quote] She eventually covered the China story in the first hour. She had her panel of guests lined up for discussion of election denialists (not really 1/6). Only one of those guests was scheduled to remain and comment on the China story. I imagine those logistics along and her production team determined in what order the topics were covered.

It was just a very awkward transition when Hallie Jackson said Nicolle would be continuing MSNBC's coverage with Antony Blinken's press conference, and then Nicolle didn't air the press conference live and didn't even mention the China story until 30 minutes into her show. (CNN aired the press conference live.)

by Anonymousreply 583February 4, 2023 2:10 AM

So...blame Hallie, r583.

by Anonymousreply 584February 4, 2023 2:55 AM

R583 Got it, thanks. I'm never streaming live, so I missed the context.

by Anonymousreply 585February 4, 2023 2:56 AM

who can watch/ listen to old lady alex wagner??? is she married to a big executive ? wtf? why she on the fukin air ?

by Anonymousreply 586February 4, 2023 8:48 AM

R586 You must be new here. Her old man is Sam Kass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587February 4, 2023 9:11 AM

[quote] old lady alex wagner???

You sure you don't mean Alex Witt?

Alex Wagner is 45, same age range as many of the MSNBC hosts.

by Anonymousreply 588February 4, 2023 9:32 AM

Finally the end of the Dateline hegemony on the weekend.

Mornings Joe from 3-4am this morning before Phang. YES!!!

by Anonymousreply 589February 4, 2023 10:18 AM

Ooh! Thanks for sharing the photo of Sam Kass! He's a handsome, shaved-head hot hunk!

Lucky Wagner!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590February 4, 2023 2:36 PM

I'm not a fan of Nicolle Wallace at all. Whenever I watch her she sounds like a high school senior cheerleader who took over the PA system in the principal's office. I can only tolerate so much of her in the afternoon.

That said, I don't mind that she starts each show with coverage of the Janaury 6 insurrection. Let's face it - Trump and his MAGATs caused an insurrection, and is still a danger to our country. He's now running for President again and has his millions of followers. Kudos to her to remind Americans every day of that horrific attempt to overthropw our government on January 6 - and she should cover it every single day until he's brought to justice.

by Anonymousreply 591February 4, 2023 3:05 PM

Michael Steele was covering for Joy the other night. He needs a show in a decent time slot - he's smooth and fast on his feet.

by Anonymousreply 592February 4, 2023 3:14 PM

Totally agree r591!

by Anonymousreply 593February 4, 2023 4:50 PM

[quote] Mornings Joe from 3-4 am this morning

I just noticed that, my DVR recorded "Morning Joe Weekend" as an episode of "MSNBC Specials". Haven't watched yet, new content or re-caps of segments from the week?

by Anonymousreply 594February 4, 2023 11:05 PM

It was the Best of The Week Segments.

I watch it 3-7 every morning, but if I have to leave the room, i miss stuff.

Saw a few things I missed. Really liked it.

Mostly because it isn't that fucking, droning, murder fest called Dateline that MSNBC uses as filler. I think it is brilliant that Rashida is hi lighting the Weekly Best of Morning Joe and not paying NBC for the Dateline crapfest.

GO RASHIDA!

by Anonymousreply 595February 5, 2023 12:05 AM

I remember when it used to be Lockup : Raw.

Rachel would say - Now it's time to go to prison!

by Anonymousreply 596February 5, 2023 2:06 AM

Noun. Verb. January 6th.

by Anonymousreply 597February 5, 2023 12:11 PM

Just looking at the comments on here, it's easy to see why MSNBC's ratings have been poor. Half of the people can't get enough of Trump. The other half want to hear as little as possible from him. In the end, one side will be unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 598February 5, 2023 12:17 PM

DL fave Marc Caputo has left NBC/MSNBC. Apparently he was fired because of disturbing Instagram posts in which he bragged about evicting a tenant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599February 5, 2023 3:45 PM

Caputo is such a hot guy - too bad he's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 600February 5, 2023 4:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!