Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cillian Murphy’s ‘Oppenheimer’ Grapples With Creating Atomic Bomb in Trailer

I had no idea the bomb was made in a trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 19, 2022 10:20 AM

MISS Cillian Murphy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 19, 2022 4:01 AM

I can't believe people are taking Christopher Nolan saying he "recreated an atomic detonation using practical effects" (ie, no CGI) to mean he actually set off a nuclear bomb!

listen to this idiot @1:14:

People are fucking stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 19, 2022 9:15 AM

Oh, Cillian was so beautiful. Very curious as to how he will age. Can he get peels?

by Anonymousreply 3December 19, 2022 9:46 AM

I think he's aging well. As for the movie, Oppenheimer peddling the common wisdom of the day, "We had no choice..."

I guess at least from reading history, that the Germans were working on the Bomb before WW II ended. But honestly. Here we are today still terrified about it. Iran, North Korea, and others. And it all started with Oppenheimer.

by Anonymousreply 4December 19, 2022 10:12 AM

"Atomic bombs are meant to frighten those with weak nerves."

by Anonymousreply 5December 19, 2022 10:18 AM

I'm very excited for this movie. I've always been fascinated by the Manhattan Project, Oppenheimer especially. People say the real man was very magnetic. And I do love Cillian.

The scientists at the time really felt they had no choice. Many of the Manhattan Project group were German defectors; obviously work along the lines that could lead to the bomb was being done in Germany but no one knew how far along they were. The question wasn't "Do you want this weapon?" The scientists almost to a man did NOT. The question was, "Do you want Hitler to have this weapon first?"

They created the arms race. Oppenheimer went on to oppose the creation of the bigger, badder hydrogen bomb and the US decided he was a commie sympathizer.

by Anonymousreply 6December 19, 2022 10:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!