Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Holy fuck. Is this Debra Wilson from MadTV?

She is in the HBO documentary “Call Me Miss Cleo” and is covered with tattoos and is wearing a nose ring. She looks like street trash and a junkie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 26, 2022 5:46 PM

Yes that’s her. She looks fine.

by Anonymousreply 1December 19, 2022 4:02 AM

So?

by Anonymousreply 2December 19, 2022 4:04 AM

Her career didn't go anywhere after Madtv so she clearly gives no fucks what Golden Girls worshiping fairies think of her.

by Anonymousreply 3December 19, 2022 4:04 AM

No more Whitney impersonations. She was great as Whitney. She even sang better than Whitney did, at least in Whitney's later years.

by Anonymousreply 4December 19, 2022 4:07 AM

She was always covered in tattoos. How is it an issue now?

by Anonymousreply 5December 19, 2022 4:16 AM

[quote]Her career didn't go anywhere after Madtv so she clearly gives no fucks what Golden Girls worshiping fairies think of her.

Actually, she's an extremely accomplished voice over actress and works, pretty much, nonstop.

So she chose a profession where she could act but she could always look how she wanted. Although you can "see" her in the super successful Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (with Cameron Monaghan) and the comic.

She's been married to the same guy, Cliff Skelton, since 2006. He's also tatted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 19, 2022 4:18 AM

Debra Wilson and Nicole Sullivan made MADTv funny in those early seasons.

by Anonymousreply 7December 19, 2022 4:19 AM

I'll watch this! I love her and I loved Miss Cleo. In college, my friends and I would write down the phone number on her commercials every time they ran. We must've gone through 12 notebooks of different 800 numbers.

by Anonymousreply 8December 19, 2022 4:19 AM

Doing voice work is scraping the bottom. Not a good example, ladyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 9December 19, 2022 4:20 AM

Voice work is actually very lucrative. If you look at actors like Mark Hamill, they have been doing it for years.

by Anonymousreply 10December 19, 2022 4:23 AM

Are you lost, R3? A manly specimen like yourself certainly didn't mean to end up on DL.

by Anonymousreply 11December 19, 2022 4:23 AM

[quote]Doing voice work is scraping the bottom.

Hi, again R3. No matter the reply, you're still wrong. Good luck with that!

by Anonymousreply 12December 19, 2022 4:23 AM

She was great on MadTV. Agree, OP, she looks trashy.

by Anonymousreply 13December 19, 2022 4:24 AM

She was so incredibly talented. But from what I've seen, not completely mentally stable. For example, she was for many years also a follower of the cult leader The Supreme Master Ching Hai.

by Anonymousreply 14December 19, 2022 4:25 AM

R6, TMZ says they filed for divorce in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 15December 19, 2022 4:28 AM

Ah, sad. Missed that R15. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 16December 19, 2022 4:30 AM

I was always more of an SNL person, but, Debra Wilson is incredibly talented. Loved her absolutely insane Oprah sketches, too.

by Anonymousreply 17December 19, 2022 4:31 AM

[quote]Voice work is actually very lucrative. If you look at actors like Mark Hamill, they have been doing it for years.

A lot of voice work earns residuals.

by Anonymousreply 18December 19, 2022 4:43 AM

Debra Wilson was gold!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19December 19, 2022 4:57 AM

I always thought the women of MadTV >>> SNL comediennes.

by Anonymousreply 20December 19, 2022 5:00 AM

[quote] "Doing voice work is scraping the bottom. Not a good example, ladyfriend."

We beg to differ, R9.

by Anonymousreply 21December 19, 2022 5:04 AM

Mark Hamill has made some coin in other ways. Duh. Debra has no choice but to do voice work. That is bottom barrel. What else has she done? Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 22December 19, 2022 5:04 AM

It’s not like she’s shilling for tights or something. You see her pop up every once in a while and it IS her voice that captures you every time - then the eyes.

I’m surprised how many MadTV and In Living Colour actors hit the Disney/Nickolodeon circuit. That has to be the Amazon of acting gigs.

by Anonymousreply 23December 19, 2022 5:13 AM

I dig her.

by Anonymousreply 24December 19, 2022 5:15 AM

I remember her from vh1’s Celebrity Paranormal Project show, where she claimed to have been possessed by a spirit from the “Manson” compound (they called it another name in the show for legal reasons). Debra started acting all crazy, & then vowed never to talk about what supposedly happened to her.

by Anonymousreply 25December 19, 2022 6:36 AM

She recently attended a party thrown by fellow MadTV co-star and funny lady Mo Collins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 19, 2022 6:51 AM

She’s weird as hell but I’ve always loved her. She is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 27December 19, 2022 6:57 AM

Is the way she looks on the outside the way she feels on the inside?

by Anonymousreply 28December 19, 2022 7:01 AM

I loved her on Mad TV. She was part of that really strong core group.

by Anonymousreply 29December 19, 2022 7:06 AM

I forgot about Alex Borstein, but if I remember correctly, she debuted a few seasons later. Another very funny MADtv lady.

by Anonymousreply 30December 19, 2022 7:06 AM

[quote]She was always covered in tattoos. How is it an issue now?

No she wasn't, I don't remember her having tats on MadTV. if she had few while on the show, they were covered by her clothing.

I did see her guest star on the MadTV re-boot, in one scene she wore a long sleeved dress but you could see her legs, I thought all the legs tats were patterned leggings!

by Anonymousreply 31December 19, 2022 7:25 AM

I always wondered why Debra never worked on SNL, she was sure talented enough. She can sing, do comedy and also did some dramatic acting. What a missed opportunity for SNL.

Is it true the MadTV producers let her go because they refused to give her the $50,000 raise she asked for?

by Anonymousreply 32December 19, 2022 7:28 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 19, 2022 9:32 AM

She looks like she’s a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 34December 19, 2022 9:38 AM

R31 Yes, she's ALWAYS had sleeves, uncle Jed.

by Anonymousreply 35December 19, 2022 10:28 AM

OP , if you did about 45-seconds of research, you'd find she's been doing voiceover work for years on end. She's laughing to the bank just like Alex Bornstein.

by Anonymousreply 36December 19, 2022 10:38 AM

I stopped watching the documentary when people (including Debra) started talking about how being a psychic is real.

No, it is not.

by Anonymousreply 37December 19, 2022 4:59 PM

BITCH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 19, 2022 5:02 PM

She’s doing tons of voice work. She’s doing just fine.

And well deserved. She’s a real talent.

by Anonymousreply 39December 19, 2022 5:06 PM

[quote]Is it true the MadTV producers let her go because they refused to give her the $50,000 raise she asked for?

No.

She quit because she found out that the cast members they hired after her were making more money than her even though she was one of if not the the most popular cast members and had been there since the start of the series unlike that other person.

She even said, she would have stayed if they just raised it a bit closer to what that person made.

Fox was completely unwilling to renegotiate and give her anything.

[quote]I always wondered why Debra never worked on SNL, she was sure talented enough.

They rarely hired black women. Sasheer Zamata made waves when she was hired in 2014 because there hadn't been a black cast member since Maya Rudolph in 2007 or (since she considers herself biracial) Ellen Clegorhorne in 1995. Before Ellen, there were only two other black women, Denitra Vance and Yvonne Hudson.

It would have also been unique since she would have been the oldest cast member in history. She would have been around 47 when she left MadTV.

Leslie Jones was the oldest person to join at that age in 2014, but before her, there was no one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 20, 2022 2:52 AM

Love her!

by Anonymousreply 41December 20, 2022 2:59 AM

I have a nose ring

by Anonymousreply 42December 20, 2022 3:01 AM

R42 = Joan Osborne

by Anonymousreply 43December 20, 2022 3:47 AM

I can't see Debra and SNL being a good fit. Would Lorne have let her cut loose with her portrayals of Whitney or Oprah on his show?

I was very sad to not see her among the MadTV cast for the 2003-04 season but I definitely can understand why, if she was getting paid less than newer, less funny cast members. I bet Ike Barinholtz (the poor man's Dane Cook) was one of them.

by Anonymousreply 44December 20, 2022 3:55 AM

I love her. Shut your empty cock holster OP. She looks beautiful. She hasn't aged for Christ sake.

by Anonymousreply 45December 20, 2022 4:04 AM

Check this classic MadTV, she can sing both Whitney and Mariah, and she hit the notes too! 🎶🎵🎼

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 20, 2022 4:04 AM

She also did a spot on Dr Melfi.

by Anonymousreply 47December 20, 2022 4:10 AM

MadTV was the bomb at its peak. Every skit and cast member was funny. My mom was actually the one who turned me on to it. SNL was corny, MadTV was edgy.

by Anonymousreply 48December 20, 2022 4:13 AM

Oprah

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 20, 2022 4:14 AM

and Beyonce 🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 20, 2022 4:15 AM

Bunifa Latifa Monifah Harifah Jackson. Priceless.

by Anonymousreply 51December 20, 2022 4:45 AM

Debra's Mariah was hysterical. Especially when she was licking the car!

by Anonymousreply 52December 20, 2022 9:22 AM

[quote][R31] Yes, she's ALWAYS had sleeves, uncle Jed.

Her body was never completely COVERED in tats like it is now. It's easier to cover tat sleeves, than cover tats on a person's neck, chest area, legs and well everything short of a face.

STFU.

by Anonymousreply 53December 20, 2022 9:23 AM

Don't forget Melina and Lida, the Chola girls.

"I would do him".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 20, 2022 9:29 AM

Some of Debra's tats. Her legs are also completely covered.

What if she has to do a dramatic role, has to portray a person who doesn't have tats, that all has to be covered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 20, 2022 9:32 AM

One of my favorites. Damn, what a golden cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 20, 2022 9:42 AM

Lesbian!

Also, fuck off back to LSA, you homophobic cunt R3

by Anonymousreply 57December 20, 2022 9:57 AM

She’s a prolific and extremely successful voice over artist. She’s constantly in triple AAA massive budget video games, and does a ton of cartoon work as well. She’s obviously considered talented and reliable by the industry. Voice over is very hard to break into and is a very small circle of people. It includes true greats like Mark Hamill who has made an absolute fortune and fame as the Joker in Batman, although I believe he’s retired that now.

by Anonymousreply 58December 20, 2022 9:59 AM

I absolutely [bold]love[/bold] Debra Wilson. So fucking talented. I googled and she's 60 now.

by Anonymousreply 59December 20, 2022 10:01 AM

Another Beyonce from her😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 20, 2022 10:09 AM

[quote]I always wondered why Debra never worked on SNL, she was sure talented enough. She can sing, do comedy and also did some dramatic acting. What a missed opportunity for SNL.

r32 you can't be serious. Her huge talent would've been totally wasted at SNL. MadTV declined after her departure too.

I think 20 years later it's time for a Netflix documentary on MadTV.

by Anonymousreply 61December 20, 2022 10:15 AM

[quote][R32] you can't be serious. Her huge talent would've been totally wasted at SNL. MadTV declined after her departure too.

No, YOU cannot be serious.

WTF are you talking about? You obviously don't know how important SNL has been to the careers of many now very famous comedic talents. Numerable performers from the original cast went on to fame and hit films. Then, over the years, lots of other former cast members also went on to become more well known after leaving SNL.

Are you going by how bad the SNL has been over the past few years? Except for the occasional standout performer, such as Cecily Strong, the show has not produced many successful artists from the more current crop of performers.

However, over the years, SNL exposure has always been very important to many comedic talents.

So Debra now does lots of VoiceOver work, granted that might pay well, but few beyond MadTV fans know who she is. Debra definitely would have become more well known had she been on SNL after she left MadTV.

by Anonymousreply 62December 20, 2022 1:25 PM

R53 Hey, hey...don't get mad at me because the world's passing you by dude.

by Anonymousreply 63December 20, 2022 2:20 PM

I’m glad she didn’t get on SNL. She’s too good for that TRAINWRECK.

by Anonymousreply 64December 20, 2022 2:41 PM

What R1 said. OP, you sound like a moron.

by Anonymousreply 65December 20, 2022 3:00 PM

She doesn't look like trash OP. People have tattoos now, not my thing but it's not considered abnormal. Anyway, she's one of my all time favorite comedic actresses. It's always annoyed me to no end how little attention the ladies of Mad TV got compared to their SNL counterparts.

by Anonymousreply 66December 20, 2022 5:07 PM

Love her, she is very talented. I love her look

by Anonymousreply 67December 20, 2022 5:10 PM

R63, let me get this straight, the world is passing me by because Debra Wilson is covered in tats? WTF are you going on about?

Son, take your fucking meds! Or step away from the alcohol and/or recreational drugs!

I know tons of people who have tats, a large majority of them regret getting inked.

by Anonymousreply 68December 20, 2022 5:15 PM

Danitra Vance died in 1990 of breast cancer. She was 40.

Vance performed for The Second City and was an "Off-Broadway favorite". Vance was the first Black gay woman of the primary SNL cast, following Denny Dillon and along with Terry Sweeney, one of the first LGBT members, though she was not out to the public during her lifetime.

"Diagnosed with breast cancer in 1990, Vance underwent a single mastectomy and incorporated the experience into a solo skit, "The Radical Girl's Guide to Radical Mastectomy". She expanded on her experiences in a second autobiographical show, titled Pre-Shrunk, which was to be performed at The Public Theater. However, she was unable to perform as her cancer recurred in 1993.

She died of the disease the following year in Markham, Illinois, with her age incorrectly cited as 35. She had shaved five years off. She requested her funeral be held at an amusement park, and her family threw her a "going-away party" with apple bobbing and bean bag tossing to respect her wishes. She was survived by her partner, Jones Miller."

by Anonymousreply 69December 20, 2022 5:21 PM

R40 Snl had to be dragged kicking and screaming into hiring minority women back in 2015/ 2016. It was only after Twitter started pressuring them that they did so. That's why I always laugh at so many conservatives perception of SNL as some sort of far left tv show that exists solely to make fun of Republicans. I mean they even let Trump host for fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 70December 20, 2022 5:27 PM

The hysteria by a supposed gay man (OP) over the sight of a black woman with a shaved head and tattoos is, well, peak DL for 2022.

Reach for your smelling salts, OP. Ring the bell for your servant boy to help you onto your fainting couch. I'm sure a small nap and some sustenance will revive you from the effects of viewing such a horror. Bless.

by Anonymousreply 71December 20, 2022 6:01 PM

She is wearing a [italic]nose ring[/italic]. I am shocked. Who would wear such a thing???

by Anonymousreply 72December 20, 2022 6:02 PM

Damn she must have 50 credits in 2022 alone. Some are pretty prominent voice roles. She’s banking.

by Anonymousreply 73December 20, 2022 6:11 PM

Wilson married writer and director Cliff Skelton in April 2006. They separated in 2010 citing irreconcilable differences.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 20, 2022 6:52 PM

Debra Wilson’s 22 Tattoos & Their Meanings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 20, 2022 6:54 PM

[quote]Doing voice work is scraping the bottom. Not a good example, ladyfriend.

Agreed. We can barely make a living from it.

by Anonymousreply 76December 20, 2022 6:58 PM

Yes she’s making a fortune. And realize a lot of the time she’s not just doing voice work, she’s doing dialogue for a fifty hour game as well as motion capture, meaning she’s in a green suit working in front of the camera with other actors for months. It’s not just sitting in a booth for two days reading one liners. Video game work for AAA work is extremely intensive, and when it’s done well it can be great. She was really fantastic in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, a game that also had Cameron Monaghan. The sequel is coming out in March, and I’m looking forward to her performance.

No one cares she didn’t do SNL. She’s a well respected actor that is known throughout the much larger international video game industry, and voice over world.

by Anonymousreply 77December 20, 2022 6:59 PM

r52 most of the SNL alumni who had success in film were white guys. Women have it more difficult and black women even more so. She was smart to take another career path behind the camera. Most of the women who crossed over into film were white and conventional looking. This was the Y2k era, way before inclusivity started being a priority. This is the period of the 2000s were black sitcoms were going off the air. SNL sketches involving black characters were bland because black people were not the audience. MadTV captured the black audience too.

by Anonymousreply 78December 20, 2022 7:01 PM

Tattoos and a nose ring make her look like a junkie? Well I bet you look like trash and whatever crappy outfit you put on she'll still look a 100% better than you.

by Anonymousreply 79December 20, 2022 7:03 PM

Whitney Houston Screws up the Classics - LOL

The saddest part is that it's not parody, but the ghost of Christmas future.

by Anonymousreply 80December 20, 2022 7:06 PM

[quote] She looks like street trash and a junkie.

OP, you look like white trash and an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 81December 20, 2022 7:09 PM

She is SO fit and all of you tat hating weirdos are complete dinosaurs.

by Anonymousreply 82December 20, 2022 7:10 PM

Ruined her body. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 83December 20, 2022 7:14 PM

Who is The Supreme Master Ching Hai?

by Anonymousreply 84December 20, 2022 7:32 PM

Jordan Peele certainly didn't need SNL.

by Anonymousreply 85December 20, 2022 7:35 PM

I imagine she works more consistently than SNL alumnae like Cheri Oteri and Nasim Pedrad.

SNL isn't necessarily a ticket to a career.

by Anonymousreply 86December 20, 2022 8:02 PM

r84, look up the Loving Hut vegetarian restaurant cult

by Anonymousreply 87December 20, 2022 8:06 PM

She is 60 years old, you go girl. I want to look that good at 60,

by Anonymousreply 88December 20, 2022 8:32 PM

She hands down does the best impressions of Whitney Houston and Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 89December 20, 2022 9:52 PM

R89 Yeah. I always cackled at her Oprah segments. The SNL Oprah wasn't nearly as good or funny.

And her Whitney was disturbingly good because she perfectly captured the essence of a junkie in denial. It was funny, spot on, and very dark.

by Anonymousreply 90December 20, 2022 11:46 PM

I love her. Glad to hear she has a thriving vo career.

by Anonymousreply 91December 21, 2022 1:34 AM

Pretty big tits

by Anonymousreply 92December 21, 2022 1:49 AM

R86 yes that's true. But one thing I've noticed is that a disproportionate number of sub par and uncharismatic SNL actors tend to have an automatic " in" over more talented and varied comedians.

by Anonymousreply 93December 21, 2022 3:10 AM

She's insanely talented and maybe just insane.

Her appearance in the documentary was legit shocking and disturbing, as were her impassioned rants about the cultural and historical ramifications of Miss Cleo. That degree of body modification - the volume of tats, the nose ring, etc - has long been associated with mental illness.

"Uncle Jed" me all you want, but it's true. Ask any psychiatrist.

by Anonymousreply 94December 21, 2022 4:02 AM

R68 You know people who have "Tats."

Haha, I bet you do. Chill, pops. Your overreaction is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 95December 21, 2022 10:53 AM

[quote]Haha, I bet you do. Chill, pops. Your overreaction is ridiculous.

Overreaction? I could care less if DW is covered with tats, most intelligent people will tell you, those tattoos will hinder any work she gets in front of the camera and you damn well know it. Don't argue with facts.

Because someone is posting they have friends who have tats and some regret them, I'm "pops". WTF? Again, take your meds.

Get back to me when your own fucking tattoos start sagging with the rest of your deteriorating body.

One of my friends is a very famous guitarist, this man is hot and extremely talented, he's now almost completely covered in tattoos. There's no room left on his body for more, just his face. He has mental health issues, which he's talked about in interviews. This man is into being hung from hooks put into his skin. I guess that's normal too?

STFU already.

by Anonymousreply 96December 21, 2022 4:21 PM

It’s long been established that the eldergays at Datalounge hate tatts. That some of you are surprised by the responses here is what I find amusing.

And R96 is right, Debra’s tatts has hindered her from getting more on camera work. Someone of her talent should be doing more than just voice-overs. I know it’s a lucrative gig, but Debra deserves the career someone like Tiffany Haddish who isn’t as nearly funny and gifted as Debra.

by Anonymousreply 97December 21, 2022 9:07 PM

[quote]Debra deserves the career someone like Tiffany Haddish who isn’t as nearly funny and gifted as Debra.

Debra has had a longer and more consistent career than Tiffany Haddish. You could argue that while Tiffany has had a high profile film or two, Debra, even still managing to be a damn topic on this board every few months, has something that Tiffany may never have.

And the cool thing about voice over not caring how you look is that you can keep working long after your looks fade. Tiffany (if she ever works again after that last scandal) won't be as lucky.

[quote]Debra’s tatts has hindered her from getting more on camera work.

Did it shut her out from being a half naked romantic interest? Yes.

Did it shut her out from being a comedic character actor close to what she is: a sketch comic? Probably not.

How often have you seen Whoopi's bare arms in a movie? You don't.

Now the stretched out ear piercings? That probably hurt her. Then again, her braids could still cover them.

by Anonymousreply 98December 22, 2022 12:48 AM

She sucked as Whitney, didn't look like her, didn't act like her.

by Anonymousreply 99December 22, 2022 4:56 AM

99 You're a fucking asshole/cunt. Debra did Whitney better than Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 100December 22, 2022 7:38 AM

I think it's safe to say she'd be on the Mr. Rushmore of sketch comedians.

She really is brilliant.

(Since I don't want to fuck her, I couldn't care less about the way she looks.)

by Anonymousreply 101December 22, 2022 8:14 AM

Perhaps she is just looking to join the Dora Milaje?

by Anonymousreply 102December 22, 2022 8:24 AM

R96 Oh, you're so cool. You know assholes who get off on being hung from ceilings. Who doesn't? You're still overreacting to a comedic actress who has tattoos all over her body. She's not a school teacher or a senator. You sound like my mother.

I look forward to more of your ranting and raving

by Anonymousreply 103December 22, 2022 5:25 PM

How does R96 even maintain friendships with such edgy famous musicians?

by Anonymousreply 104December 23, 2022 12:44 AM

If Debra and Nicole had a show together, I would watch it. They could do anything together and I would watch it. Even now. Love them both.

by Anonymousreply 105December 23, 2022 12:52 AM

You hag fags are as bad as this actress was in the movie. Whitney would shit bricks!

by Anonymousreply 106December 23, 2022 1:30 AM

I'm not normally a big fan of tats, but I find hers at R55 very aesthetically pleasing. Everything looks balanced; it's not just a hodgepodge of clashing art like you often see.

by Anonymousreply 107December 23, 2022 1:32 AM

"IIIIffff I ah I ah I ah I ay sho-uuuuld sta-ay ah ay ah ay ah ay, I would only be in your wayyyyyy ah eeeeeee."

by Anonymousreply 108December 23, 2022 1:38 AM

[quote]It’s long been established that the eldergays at Datalounge hate tatts. That some of you are surprised by the responses here is what I find amusing.

Why assume it’s only “eldergays” who dislike tattoos? The people name-calling and arguing, not you, are the argumentative morons, mostly because they refuse to see the other side of extreme body modification.

A lot of people with tattoos are also into other body modifications, they have those huge holes in their earlobes, bolts in their faces, men get Prince Albert penis piercings and women get their vaginal lips pierced. For some, body modifications go way beyond tattoos.

Of course, not everyone has jumped on the tattoo and piercing bandwagon, while others regret getting them. Tattoos used to be a sign of extreme rebellion, mostly outsiders got them. Then, musicians and hipsters caught on and well…a few years ago tattoos became ubiquitous. Suburban fraus were also getting tats.

Lots of younger people don’t like or want tattoos either, it’s not just older people, gay or otherwise.

Unless these people work in a creative field, art or music, most younger people would have the sense to know that obvious or a large amount of tattoos will definitely hinder their careers, unless they can cover them with clothing.

You can't cover the entire neck and the fronts of your hands, these are noticeable areas. For women who work in certain fields, most cannot spend time everyday covering their tattooed legs with makeup, especially if they work in fields where women wear dresses.

by Anonymousreply 109December 23, 2022 7:50 PM

Overreacting? People here are simply making valid points about tattoos. It appears some of these posters are so close-minded, incredibly stupid or they simply refuse to hear others points.

Debra Wilson doesn’t know you or care that you are defending her tattoos on DL, an anonymous forum.

Get another hobby other than trailing other posters on DL. Your "pointless bitchery” isn’t entertining in the least, it’s simply tedious.

Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 110December 23, 2022 7:52 PM

I bet the incel bitches here don’t even have ONE fucking tattoo on their gross 300 pound pustule covered bodies, yet they have the audacity to berate others here who question people defiling their bodies with tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 111December 23, 2022 7:58 PM

Gay men can never be called Incels. We hate girls for a different reason than straight guys. LOL. Same with black girls can never be called Karens. Only white girls can be Karens.

by Anonymousreply 112December 23, 2022 8:09 PM

[quote]Gay men can never be called Incels. We hate girls for a different reason than straight guys. LOL. Same with black girls can never be called Karens. Only white girls can be Karens.

Are you new here? You think only gay men post at DL? Think again. Incels AND fraus are now here. Not to mention, since that fat orange bastard was elected president, there's been a massive influx of Reich Wing trolls and MAGAts and they are not just posting in the political threads.

btw, not all gay men hate women, they are simply attracted to men and prefer to fuck men. Not all gay men hate their mothers. Such stereotypes!

by Anonymousreply 113December 23, 2022 9:29 PM

The vicious tattoo loving fangurls here need to stop their unhinged rants. No one cares WTF you raving loons have to say, especially your idol Debra Wilson. The woman is living her life, how about you live yours?

by Anonymousreply 114December 23, 2022 9:30 PM

Damn, I would be a tatted up, in demand voiceover artist.

by Anonymousreply 115December 23, 2022 10:30 PM

R113 Grease fire, cunt. Gay men can never be incels and straight men have never posted on here. It is all just trolls.

by Anonymousreply 116December 24, 2022 6:47 AM

[quote] If Debra and Nicole had a show together, I would watch it.

Add Alex Borstein to this show, and I'm there.

Name three concurrent SNL ladies who beat this holy funny lady trifecta?

by Anonymousreply 117December 24, 2022 7:07 AM

I love Deborah's MADTV work but...yeah, she seems intense. When I watched an interview of hers just to see what she was up to a few years back and she started going on about her spirituality, it was alarming. She seemed agitated and mentally off...like she'd turned into one of her frenetic characters.

Her comments in the trailer for that Ms Cleo doc also put me off. And in a separate video online, she basically yells at some interviewers about how the MADTV producers didn't want to give her a raise. I thought that kind of loudness was just for show, but maybe it's always there.

Honestly, I just don't think she's well.

But I'll always love her *squats to hit the high note*

by Anonymousreply 118December 24, 2022 7:11 AM

[quote] MADTV producers didn't want to give her a raise.

MADtv always had a more lower budget, DIY-vibe vs. their glossier, more corporate, and more slickly-produced rival, SNL.

by Anonymousreply 119December 24, 2022 7:20 AM

If SNL ends after season 50, there should be some kind of docuseries or podcast that explores the rivalry between MadTV and SNL.

by Anonymousreply 120December 24, 2022 7:55 AM

she's joined several "cults" to alternative religions, usually g-d based but with some extra flavor -- kind of hopped from one to the next through the years. Even when she was on Mad. don't think she ever went rasta, though several of celebrity black hippies rasta-lite wanted her despite her being about ten years older and not as well known as they were at the time but their phases never met up. Post-Mad, she went mad... as in crazy. Lot of rumours of being a classic bipolar or playing Mariah so much that she began to exhibit the same kind of behavior.... went into overdrive when she got cancer. People were comparing her to Sinead, though she wasn't acting out in the same way... but it was public and over the top, fans were concerned. . . several random (fan captured) videos of interacting with her in public. unlike Sinead, she didn't ask anyone if she could use their bathtub. I'd guess, she didn't think she'd survive cancer or perhaps made peace with dying -- rookie move, those that make peace but survive... often end up to be bitter cunts. I think she just needs a good fingering from a certain famed bisexual bassist.

r120 SNL vs every other show, really... there were rivalries (not so much rivalries as attempts to torpedo, sabotage and blacklist) with many, many shows even a couple public access.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 24, 2022 8:28 AM

[quote]Grease fire, cunt. Gay men can never be incels and straight men have never posted on here. It is all just trolls.

Step away from the drugs, you sound completely unhinged.

Why so ANGRY over a celebrity's tattoos? Do you need to get properly fucked?

[bold]What is your problem? [/bold]. This is your problem, no one else is going off the rails in this thread. You and perhaps a few others. People are simply offering their opinions and whatever info they have on Debra Wilson.

R121, has offered some interesting insight, all you do is rant and rave at posters whose opinions you don't care for.

Of course, straight men and bisexual men post at DL.

The straight men who post here are definitely the MAGA trolls who started infiltrating DL since Drumpf was elected. Their writing style is always the same, they are obviously anti-gay, anti-Black and anti-immigrant. These men are not just in political threads. These MAGA trolls found yet another place to spread their venom and it's DL. There are also female MAGAts here too.

These MAGAts have also infiltrated Lipstick Alley, a Black womens forum.

You can be sure the same straight men also go into other DL threads because they like to stir up shit anywhere they can at this forum. Perhaps you are one of them too?

by Anonymousreply 122December 24, 2022 10:20 AM

Lots of teachers have tattoos, they just cover them up. These people also make sure to not get tattoos on their legs or any exposed parts of their bodies. The women might have a small tattoo on their ankle and the larger tattoos are on body parts no one can see.

A relative is a middle school teacher, her entire back has tattoos. This woman doesn't have tattoos anywhere else, just on her back. None of her students are aware of her tattoos because how would they see her back?

There is a definitely a way for people with these sorts of jobs to have tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 123December 24, 2022 10:36 AM

R122 Sure, Jan. Your mouth is like an asshole. And your never ending diarrhea is revolting.

by Anonymousreply 124December 24, 2022 12:38 PM

We have to move on from being stunned by tattoos, piercings, emojis, text/internet slang, and everything else that has been normal for the last 20 years. Maybe they'll bring back the anti-Beatnik policy at Disneyland too if you wish hard enough.

by Anonymousreply 125December 24, 2022 1:05 PM

I gather is she a bit mentally unstable, and like most Black people who are into new age spirituality and health, probably also a Jew hater.

But she was by far the most talented person on MadTv even when it was stacked with hilarious performances from Mo, Nicole, Alex, Will Sasso, and Michael McDonald. I would love to see her in a dramatic role.

by Anonymousreply 126December 24, 2022 1:16 PM

[quote][R122] Sure, Jan. Your mouth is like an asshole. And your never ending diarrhea is revolting.

Can't come up with anything better than [bold] "Sure Jan"? [/bold] Seriously? There's not one original or informative thought in your vicious repetitious posts. I almost feel bad for your sad pathetic life of needing to get the last word in.

Your brain is obviously a festering mess of quickly traveling STDs! Fuck off already.

by Anonymousreply 127December 24, 2022 1:17 PM

[quote]We have to move on from being stunned by tattoos, piercings, emojis, text/internet slang, and everything else that has been normal for the last 20 years. Maybe they'll bring back the anti-Beatnik policy at Disneyland too if you wish hard enough.

The people commenting on tattoos are probably not anti-tattoos or even anti-piercings, t's the overkill of these body modifications which people seem to commenting about.

A lot of people who have tattoos don't have their entire bodies covered, the same for people with piercings. Lots of people have multiple piercinsg on their ears, not on their noses, lips, cheeks, eyebrows and tongues. There is a way to do this, without looking mentally ill.

Beatniks were actually cool and looked hot. Putting a fucking cow ring through your nostrils, that's not sexy in the least. Imagine getting into a fight and losing part of your nose.

by Anonymousreply 128December 24, 2022 1:26 PM

I wonder if she wanted to get the tattoos when she was still on the show, but was told no.

I also had no idea she turned 60 this year (which made her 41 when she left the show). To use one of her Oprah-isms: "Wow!"

by Anonymousreply 129December 24, 2022 1:33 PM

So how is the Miss Cleo movie??

by Anonymousreply 130December 24, 2022 1:49 PM

Oh, goody. I really needed to know what a bunch of hissing nellie prisspots, the ones too fat to wipe their own asses without assistance, thought about Debra Wilson.

Thanks, DL!

by Anonymousreply 131December 24, 2022 1:53 PM

In this partial MadTV cast reunion panel from a few years ago barely anyone engages with Debra. Nobody makes eye contact with her, even when talking about or responding to her. There’s a reference to her having to apologize for flashing somebody’s kid backstage, she must have been a handful…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132December 24, 2022 2:01 PM

She did seem to have some sort of meltdown after she left MadTV.

by Anonymousreply 133December 24, 2022 2:06 PM

MadTV was streaming on HBOMax until sometime recently, but several episodes were edited down (almost all musical performances have been cut, I forgot about all the bands they got early on) and many aren’t available at all. It’s too bad, Debra and Mo and Alex and Nicole did some great work.

by Anonymousreply 134December 24, 2022 2:06 PM

R132 That is your evidence, you cuntard. She is at the extreme end of the panel. Barely visible to the camera. Are the others supposed to see through everyone to look at her? Will Sasso and Alex looked at her and smiled.

by Anonymousreply 135December 24, 2022 2:09 PM

WHET Phil Lamarr???

by Anonymousreply 136December 24, 2022 2:26 PM

[quote][R132] That is your evidence, you cuntard. She is at the extreme end of the panel. Barely visible to the camera. Are the others supposed to see through everyone to look at her? Will Sasso and Alex looked at her and smiled.

What the fuck is your goddamn damage? Do you always have to respond with bitter invectives to every person who says something negative about Debra?

Get a fucking life!

by Anonymousreply 137December 24, 2022 5:54 PM

R136 Phil also does voicework. He played the teenage hero Static Shock on KidsWB and later voiced Green Lantern John Stewart on Justice League and JLU. Fun shows.

Haven't seen him do much in live action though.

by Anonymousreply 138December 24, 2022 6:10 PM

R138 I had no idea he was Static!

by Anonymousreply 139December 24, 2022 6:23 PM

Orlando Jones has been working.

Whatever happened to Andrew Bowen, the guy who did Keanu on the show?

by Anonymousreply 140December 24, 2022 6:34 PM

'Miss Swann', is doing great on that Mrs. Maisel series.

by Anonymousreply 141December 24, 2022 6:35 PM

MADtv had some really cute guys.

Bryan Callen, Josh Meyers, Andrew Bowen, twinky Taran Killam, Pat Kilbane, thin Will Sasso...

by Anonymousreply 142December 24, 2022 6:39 PM

Debra Wilson was fantastic in a voice-only role on one of the finest episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, titled "The Sound of Her Voice."

The crew gets a radio distress call from a starship captain stranded on a distant planet, and they rush to rescue her. During the week-long journey to reach her, each of the crew sits up to talk to her on the subspace radio, getting to know her and talking out their problems, therapy style. Captain Cusak was funny, friendly, and a quick friend to the crew.

The episode had a twist ending that really made the drama stick, but Wilson did a fantastic job with this dramatic part.

by Anonymousreply 143December 24, 2022 6:41 PM

Yikes, it seems Andrew Bowen has tattoos too. loooool

by Anonymousreply 144December 24, 2022 6:48 PM

[quote]Bryan Callen, Josh Meyers, Andrew Bowen, twinky Taran Killam, Pat Kilbane, thin Will Sasso...

Bryan Callen had a steady gig on The Goldbergs as the school coach, Will Sasso had a recurring role on Mom as Jaime Pressly's character's cop BF.

Taran Killam ended up on SNL.

Josh Meyers makes frequent appearances on his brother Seth Meyers NBC late night talk show, Josh is usually always on for the Holiday shows, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 145December 24, 2022 6:53 PM

[quote] MadTV was streaming on HBOMax until sometime recently, but several episodes were edited down (almost all musical performances have been cut, I forgot about all the bands they got early on) and many aren’t available at all. It’s too bad, Debra and Mo and Alex and Nicole did some great work.

I was sad when it taken off HBOMax. My job moved to remote status after covid hit and for months I would watch 1 or 2 episodes in the morning before starting work. It was a great show to keep my mind off all the crazy shit with covid and politics that were going on.

by Anonymousreply 146December 24, 2022 6:58 PM

Well, I guess this thread didn't exactly turn out the way OP thought.

by Anonymousreply 147December 25, 2022 6:33 AM

HBOMax is really fucking up their content.

Just saw this posted...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148December 25, 2022 6:37 AM

I keep seeing the trailer for the new movie about Whitney Houston. I can't stop thinking how the actress does such a poor impersonation of Whitney compared to Debra Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 149December 25, 2022 7:28 AM

Debra always had the greasy drug addled twitchiness perfect!

by Anonymousreply 150December 25, 2022 8:12 AM

R149 Debra did the best Whitney and the best Oprah in the business.

by Anonymousreply 151December 25, 2022 10:25 AM

She looks tragic. Shame.

Shame she never made it after MadTV too. She was hilarious on that show.

by Anonymousreply 152December 25, 2022 11:44 AM

[quote]Oh, goody. I really needed to know what a bunch of hissing nellie prisspots, the ones too fat to wipe their own asses without assistance, thought about Debra Wilson.

[quote]Thanks, DL!

Well, you could have skipped the thread.

by Anonymousreply 153December 25, 2022 7:45 PM

OMG, I used to love her on MADtv. What happened to her? From OPs picture she looks like street trash.

by Anonymousreply 154December 25, 2022 7:49 PM

She looks like a crack whore.

by Anonymousreply 155December 26, 2022 5:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!