Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What happened to all the really good fun gossip?

We used to have great stuff here but now it's sparse and boring. The Ioan/Alice stuff is pretty fun and more like old times but not many comments.

by Anonymousreply 14January 27, 2023 1:12 PM

Put up or shut up, whore.

by Anonymousreply 1December 17, 2022 5:10 PM

Hard to put up when there's a dearth on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 2December 17, 2022 5:28 PM

Gossip blogs changed the way gossip is reported. Publicists used to have to convince hard-ass columnists not to publish the bad stuff; now, they just have to deal with younger, inexperienced people who can be easily manipulated. Also, a lot of blind gossip websites simply post whatever fanfic someone comes up with and call it "from a source."

On top of all that, rightwingers co-opted a lot of celebrity gossip, starting 15 or so years ago with conspiracy theories about all the openly "liberal" Hollywood types like Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 3December 17, 2022 5:34 PM

She's done it now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2023 7:54 AM

I miss the Celebrity Caterer. Those were The DL glory days.

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2023 11:18 AM

[quote]I miss the Celebrity Caterer. Those were The DL glory days.

It wasn't obvious those people were total fantasists? I found it a bit embarrassing how much people ate it up.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2023 11:19 AM

Ioan has saggy vagina eyes.

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2023 11:21 AM

Celebrity Caterer was GREAT and I have never gotten over my anger at the trolls who chased him off.

He would post blinds and then give little hints in the comments, and someone started claiming that those hints were actually "Celebrity Caterer pretending to be someone else guessing the answers." For some reason a bunch of DLers believed it and he just left, exasperated.

by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2023 11:26 AM

Ioan is very sexy

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2023 11:26 AM

There was another guy I thought was an obvious faker/fantasist - he called himself Hollywood something? Costumer? I can't remember. But I remember thinking it was probably the same person.

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2023 11:38 AM

Many of the gossip threads were just a lot of fun. A few times stories were discussed here before they hit the news.

by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2023 11:45 AM

I know what you mean OP. I've noticed a change in tone here on DL as well. The first thing that brought me here was looking for gossip on Henry Cavill being gay. That was 2013. We've all been through a lot these past eight years and things are darker all around. But the genuinely witty posters and anyone with real gossip seem to have left. I looked forward to FCI's posts over in the "Treason" threads and he too seems to have been chased off by haters.

by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2023 12:59 PM

At the risk of getting yelled at by r12, FCI has done a lot of trolling, and a lot of people are tired of it. I just put him and his sock puppets on ignore and moved on the last time I interacted with him, I guess year ago or so, but I don't blame people who tell him off.

For what it's worth, he has left before, but he always comes back.

by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2023 1:07 PM

When Troll-dar was introduced on the DL there was a big outcry. It was claimed that all the posters with the inside gossip left so as not to be identified. IDK if that's true, but we certainly did used to get a fair amount of gossip that was later verified by the mainstream media, and in many cases, subsequently the courts.

by Anonymousreply 14January 27, 2023 1:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!