Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

First look at Night Court sequel show

Laroquette looks good for his age. lol at him towering over Melissa Rauch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 11, 2023 1:51 AM

I've been pining for the return of John Laroquette. This will be a smash!

by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2022 1:51 PM

I think this looks sorta promising. It will really depend on whether they are able to capture some of the vibe of the original.

A lot of other "reboots" got stuck between try to deliver fan service to the original and trying something new, and failed. But I'll give this a watch, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2022 1:57 PM

“Lol”

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2022 2:29 PM

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2022 2:38 PM

Everyone towers over Melissa Rauch. She’s tiny.

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2022 4:03 PM

Cancel it. Without Harry, Markie or Charles, what is the point of this?

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2022 4:13 PM

Larroquette did a show that I thought had a great premise, showing him at three different ages in life with him playing the oldest - Me, Myself and I.

I liked it, but it got cancelled pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2022 4:18 PM

Laroquette has always been entertaining as hell.

by Anonymousreply 8December 13, 2022 4:47 PM

[quote]Without Harry, Markie or Charles, what is the point of this?

Excuse us?

by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2022 4:55 PM

^^I'm still alive, fuckface

by Anonymousreply 10December 13, 2022 5:02 PM

r10 But not in the show.

by Anonymousreply 11December 13, 2022 5:05 PM

Today I learned that John Laroquette is still alive

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2022 7:17 PM

On one hand I would love to see this show come back, but on that same note, it just wouldn't be the same without the departed cast.

by Anonymousreply 13December 13, 2022 9:24 PM

They developed this show a couple years ago and it was supposed to premiere last fall. NBC said they wanted to hold it to this year.

Networks never hold shows they are confident in.

But maybe the time has allowed them to fine tune.

by Anonymousreply 14December 13, 2022 9:35 PM

Never saw the original so I can watch this with an open mind.

by Anonymousreply 15December 13, 2022 10:22 PM

You should look up the originals, r15. I think you’ll enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 16December 13, 2022 10:37 PM

The original show is underrated imo.

by Anonymousreply 17December 13, 2022 10:38 PM

I would’ve climbed young John Larroquette like a cat in heat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 14, 2022 12:52 AM

No Richard Moll?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 19December 14, 2022 12:55 AM

I really liked the first season of The John Laroquette Show. The retooling killed it in season.

by Anonymousreply 20December 14, 2022 12:56 AM

Larroquette

by Anonymousreply 21December 14, 2022 12:56 AM

Both Laroquette and Moll looked like they had serious sizemeats back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 22December 14, 2022 2:12 AM

I love Melissa Rauch. I couldn't watch BBT, but she was great in the US Kath & Kim, and THE BRONZE is hilarious and dark.

Laroquette is a fine wine, I've wanted a sip since I was a boy, and has an elegance in his acting. It will be fascinating to see how the Dan Fielding character updates, he was such a pig.

I will be disappointed if Moll and Marsha Warfield aren't in an episode, at least.

I just realized I must have just loved this show as a gayling, Judge Stone's personal style, Richard Moll's BDE, and Laroquette- the 80s at its best for me.

by Anonymousreply 23December 15, 2022 10:34 AM

Is anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 24January 23, 2023 2:02 AM

It's buried on Saturday night which doesn't bode well.

by Anonymousreply 25January 23, 2023 2:12 AM

‘Night Court’ Reboot Scores Best Comedy Debut Ratings In More Than 5 Years On NBC.............very surprising.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 23, 2023 2:14 AM

R25 = Wrong..Saturday was the "encore". Night Court airs on Tuesdays.

by Anonymousreply 27January 23, 2023 2:16 AM

Did I dream this or Bonnie Hunt was originally supposed to be in this reboot?

by Anonymousreply 28January 23, 2023 2:26 AM

No one was asking for a Night Court reboot, just like they weren’t asking for a Murphy Brown one.

Certain shows are fine for rebooting, but stop rebooting ones that aren’t even big in syndication.

by Anonymousreply 29January 23, 2023 2:27 AM

R29 = Over 7 million viewers. Sadly this is what passes as a "hit" now. If they hold these ratings it should be renewed within weeks. NBC has so few comedies they had to double up the episodes of Night Court.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 23, 2023 3:01 AM

The original was hilarious and I don't think this version will come close.

by Anonymousreply 31January 23, 2023 3:05 AM

Mellisa Rauch is so earnest, and she’s on the screen too much. I read somewhere that she’s a producer of the show, and she needs to step back a bit and let the other actors have more screen time.

by Anonymousreply 32January 23, 2023 3:36 AM

NBC has a shit track record for sitcoms.

by Anonymousreply 33January 23, 2023 3:57 AM

I haven't seen the original series since the 80s and the reboot reminded me why I don't feel any nostalgia for it. It was corny and hackneyed then and the reboot doesn't appear to be veering way from that. John Larroquette is on another level compared to the rest of the cast. I'd have been more interested seeing his character in a different court setting or even as the judge.

by Anonymousreply 34January 23, 2023 11:22 PM

Got renewed for a second season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 2, 2023 10:40 PM

I’m three episodes deep and haven’t laughed one time. I don’t know how the hell this show got renewed.

by Anonymousreply 36April 19, 2023 2:14 PM

[quote] It was corny

The original was the opposite of corny.

It wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't even remotely corny.

by Anonymousreply 37April 19, 2023 2:19 PM

Meanwhile, American Auto, which follows Night Court and is absolutely fantastic, awaits its renewal fate.

by Anonymousreply 38April 19, 2023 2:23 PM

I will give American Auto a try, R38. I’ve got Peacock and was looking for something to watch.

by Anonymousreply 39April 19, 2023 2:35 PM

R36, it got renewed because the audience for the first episode was so big that even if it dropped off a lot, which it did, it would still be NBC's most watched sitcom.

I've kept watching even though it's not good. If you didn't stick around for the fourth, I didn't mind it because Wendie Malick guest starred, so Larroquette finally had a scene partner at his level. They're a couple of pros who know what they're doing, so their final scene in particular was better than anything else in the episode. Still not great.

The best/only good episode is the eighth, Blood Moon Binga, because it focused on the weird cases in the court and felt more like the old show. The new show spends too much time outside the courtroom and focused on the boring unfunny characters. I didn't mind the one with Faith Ford as Abby's mom and the Harry backstory, even if it didn't entirely mesh with the old show or Harry.

The rest have been pretty blah.

by Anonymousreply 40April 20, 2023 8:55 AM

I don't know if she was ever approached, but it's a genuine shame Marsha Warfield isn't in it. I love her.

by Anonymousreply 41April 20, 2023 9:17 AM

The Indian court clerk who has a crush on the judge is very cute.

by Anonymousreply 42April 20, 2023 1:28 PM

I have to correct myself. Blood Moon Binga with the full moon and wacky court cases IS also the episode with Abby's mom. So they've had exactly one solid episode.

by Anonymousreply 43April 20, 2023 2:28 PM

[QUOTE] The Indian court clerk who has a crush on the judge is very cute.

They should’ve made him gay. This show needs all the help it can get.

by Anonymousreply 44April 20, 2023 7:30 PM

Apple TV had the nerve to send me a notification about a new episode. I don’t want to watch this shit.

by Anonymousreply 45April 27, 2023 1:21 PM

r41, Warfield popped up at the very end of last night's episode, the season finale. Honestly, she seemed a little fragile/wobbly. Something in her delivery. It was all of 20 seconds, the kind of thing clearly setting her up to appear next season because they couldn't leave it at this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 11, 2023 1:26 AM

All her interviews seem pretty cagey, but Deadline's article says NBC confirmed she'll be back in season 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 11, 2023 1:27 AM

They also moved George Lopez' new series to Tuesday, from Frday.

The original George Lopez show was hilarious, wish they would incorporate some of the original cast into his new show.

The old cast did appear a few episodes back, as his extended family, visiting for, I think, Christmas. It was nice to see them all. The actress who played his mom was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 48May 11, 2023 1:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!