Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Larry King Special: The Death of Georgia Holt (AKA Cher's Mom)

Just in Madonna's mother died on a midnight train coming back from voting for Herschel Walker in Georgia. Here on the line is Liza to tell us about her time guest starring with Ms. Holt on the "The Donny and Marie Bono Show"

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2022 11:16 PM

So tell us, Alicia Silverstone, how did it feel playing Ms. Holt's daughter Cher on "Clueless?" Were you friendly with her trans grandson, Celibacy?

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2022 9:01 PM

And this just in: Esther Rolle, TV's beloved Georgia "Weezy" Jefferson has died. Now tell us, Ms. Barbeau is it true that she was a Gypsy, Tramp and Thief?

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2022 9:08 PM

After this commercial for ProstaGenix and Omega-3 folks,

we'll have Vicki Lawrence singing her fabulous tribute to Cher's mother,

"That's the Night the Lights Went Out In Georgia"

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2022 9:12 PM

Vicki Lawrence, star of the "Sonny and Carol Burnett Show," is here tell us about her Mom's untimely death while doing 69 the night the lights went out in Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2022 9:13 PM

On the line is Willie Nelson. Tell me Willie, what inspired you to write "Georgia on my mInd?"

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2022 9:21 PM

Georgia Holt, who portrayed Georgette on The Mary Tyler Muir show.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2022 9:35 PM

Time to pack this in. Its time has come and gone.

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2022 9:38 PM

[quote] Its time has come and gone.

Much like Georgia's. You're next, Sheboygan!

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2022 9:40 PM

"Sharon Stone's mother Florida Hot has just passed. Here to comment is Cheryl Hines, who's married to JFK Jr. Sherry, is it true that Jackie O was on assistance? But first, let's take a call from Georgia...hi, Georgia!"

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2022 9:48 PM

Cher's mother was on an episode of "I Love Lucy." Have searched, can't find photo I saw of her on the show.

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2022 9:56 PM

And now a real treat for you folks,

Gladys Knight and the one surviving Pip to perform their classic song about Cher's mother...

"Midnight Train to Georgia"

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2022 11:03 PM

Why, I remember eating at atito’s and seeing the House Judiciary committee running a train on Georgia Snuffelupaguss. Good times. I had pickled beets.

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2022 11:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!