Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gen Z resume cover letter

Repost from Reddit and usually I think everything is fake but there’s an earnest stupidity to this that makes me believe it’s real

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 10, 2022 12:20 AM

How can your ethnicity be 'English' and yet born in America? For starters that's nationality the it/she/he/pink-hair/freak is on about.

I so hope that letter is legit, it's emblematic of a whole generation.

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2022 9:41 PM

Rat fitting for Reddit

by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2022 9:44 PM

Fake and stupid

by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2022 9:46 PM

100% fake OP. You can't be the stupid right?

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2022 9:46 PM

[quote]undiagnosed borderline personality disorder

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2022 10:32 PM

r1

[quote] How can your ethnicity be 'English' and yet born in America?

Writer likely wants to convey "Anglo-American."

I think the letter is real. For instance, no faker would pull out "INFP-T," because it's unlikely 99% of people would know what that means (it's a Myers-Briggs thing), and fakers go for things that are broadly understood. The tenor of the letter is not inconsistent with its writer being a trusting and good-natured INFP-T inexperienced with the harsh realities of the world. If it's fake, the faker has gone to a great deal of rewardless trouble and study to mimic an INFP-T.

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2022 10:53 PM

Whenever I see news of the latest phone scam going around, I always wonder who could be so stupid as to fall for any of them. Then I come across this thread…

You all are a bunch of gullible codgers if you think this “cover letter” is anything but a poor attempt at satire.

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2022 11:10 PM

Exactly R7.

by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2022 11:13 PM

R6, bullshit, everyone I know under age 50 has taken the Meyers Briggs test, even if only for a laugh. It's hardly a secret.

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2022 11:24 PM

I don't think anybody I know is unfamiliar with the Meyers-Briggs assessment. Psychology 101 is taken by everybody with a BA.

by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2022 11:50 PM

It's spelled Myers-Briggs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2022 11:53 PM

$15k a month for someone who won’t make a phone call?

Some people need to be disempowered.

by Anonymousreply 12December 10, 2022 12:00 AM

If by some chance this letter is sincere, the writer is in for many, many rude awakenings.

by Anonymousreply 13December 10, 2022 12:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!