Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fat Whores, Do you still eat TV Dinners?

What's your favorite? I had country fried steak and corn last night with a diet Cheerwine. You?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 12, 2022 11:10 PM

I eat "prepared meals" from the supermarket - 30% frozen, 70% fresh. These are just updates on Frozen TV dinners. So the answer is yes?

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2022 5:20 PM

No, only Stouffer's lasagna!

by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2022 5:26 PM

Gross, no

by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2022 5:34 PM

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm.... Stouffer's meatloaf and mashed taters, but no. Not anymore

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2022 5:37 PM

They should call them iPad Dinners and reach a whole new audience.

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2022 5:40 PM

Just for the hell of it, I tried the "Hungry Man Mexican Fiesta" about six months ago to see if it was anything like Ye Olde Swanson's version of yesteryear.

I could have done this video review of it. Larry (aka Canadian Studmuffin) is pretty funny. But unlike Larry, I didn't make it through more than one bite of each compartment. The whole "dinner" is shit. Literally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2022 6:53 PM

Only eat those Healthy Choice bowls that steam. Or Amy’s.

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2022 7:20 PM

Yes, I had one of those recently, adobo chicken. Not bad at all and cheaper than takeout.

by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2022 7:21 PM

If I’m hungry and lazy I get a healthy choice bowl usually chicken and broccoli Alfredo because it has the least sugar

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2022 7:23 PM

Featureman, an older gentleman YouTuber, eats a lot of TV dinners, canned stew, and convenience foods. He was a Hollywood extra and I think he's had an interesting life. He's not in tip-top shape, but he seems OK, considering his age and diet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2022 7:28 PM

No. Just TV Diners.

I'm not really fat and I'm not a whore.

Give me that much. Okay, pal?

by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2022 7:28 PM

I can't even imagine. Would anyone other than the Poors even think about this as real food?

by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2022 7:41 PM

Good heavens. That man in R10's post is like a PSA about the need for a Community Gas Explosion Management Board in Poetucker, Pennsylvania. If that fellow drops one lit cigar too many down his commode, it is going to be a conflagration with digestive lava meatballs going through roofs and alimentary-noodle-napalm smacking and striking kids in the schoolyard as they scream and stagger their ways into the gym. Stinking shitting students!! Shitting!!!

by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2022 7:42 PM

Some have changed and yes I do - 6'4"/185;bs of lean muscle.

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2022 7:50 PM

Stouffer's Stuffed bell peppers.

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2022 7:52 PM

That is the grossest thing I've seen in a long while. Wonder what the 'meat' content actually is.

by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2022 8:09 PM

I do and I’ve stopped thinking they’re awful because I subscribed to a meal delivery service that’s considerably worse.

by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2022 8:15 PM

Those steamers aren't so bad but you get very little for what you pay for. Plus, the sodium.

by Anonymousreply 18December 9, 2022 8:26 PM

It's the sodium and price value you're worried about?!

That meat....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2022 8:30 PM

The Healthy Choice Steamer Baskets are the best. They really engineered those things well. A far superior method vs just nuking stuff while it sits in a weird sauce.

by Anonymousreply 20December 9, 2022 8:49 PM

ew

by Anonymousreply 21December 9, 2022 8:50 PM

[quote]The whole "dinner" is shit. Literally.

Someone literally doesn't know what "literally" means.

by Anonymousreply 22December 9, 2022 8:53 PM

Nothing will equal the supreme majesty of Le Menu frozen dinners!

by Anonymousreply 23December 9, 2022 9:05 PM

I had the “Large Size” personal Stouffer’s Lasagna last night.

It was excellent.

by Anonymousreply 24December 9, 2022 9:05 PM

Mmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 9, 2022 9:16 PM

[quote]Banquet Spaghetti and Meatballs with Secret Dessert

The "secret" is .... IT'S PEOPLE!

by Anonymousreply 26December 9, 2022 9:27 PM

[quote]The Healthy Choice Steamer Baskets are the best.

Do they come in "Cleveland?"

by Anonymousreply 27December 9, 2022 9:27 PM

[quote]I do and I’ve stopped thinking they’re awful because I subscribed to a meal delivery service that’s considerably worse.

Which one? I've been using Tovala for a while and I've come to realize that it's basically airline food. Maybe a slight step up from a frozen dinner.

by Anonymousreply 28December 9, 2022 9:28 PM

This is hands down, the grossest thread on here.

by Anonymousreply 29December 9, 2022 9:33 PM

Do you rinse the Stouffer’s Lasagna?

by Anonymousreply 30December 9, 2022 9:34 PM

Amy’s frozen dinners and Healthy Choice steamers. Although I read an article that Amy’s treats their employees like slaves so now I’m moving away from that brand.

by Anonymousreply 31December 9, 2022 9:47 PM

No, only because most grocery stores carry fresh prepared entrees that are so much better than anything frozen

by Anonymousreply 32December 9, 2022 9:47 PM

Of the Hungry Man kind I like the Classic Fried Chicken. I heat it in the oven because I like the chicken crispy.

by Anonymousreply 33December 9, 2022 9:51 PM

You are literally eating.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 9, 2022 10:03 PM

Banquet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 9, 2022 10:41 PM

I call them "appetizers."

by Anonymousreply 36December 9, 2022 10:47 PM

Michael Angelo's. They're yummy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 9, 2022 10:53 PM

I regularly rely on Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine and Stouffer's meals as I get older. Generally, they are light on calories, and I can eat two of them during one meal and I take in under 800 calories in some cases. I've stopped eating fried foods and fast food altogether.

I was a type 2 diabetic four years ago. Now my sugars stay in the average range for most people. That's progress.

by Anonymousreply 38December 9, 2022 10:57 PM

As a kid my three go to TV dinners were:

Fish and Chips

Salisbury Steak

Turkey and Stuffing

by Anonymousreply 39December 9, 2022 11:12 PM

[quote]What's your favorite? I had country fried steak and corn last night with a diet Cheerwine.

Greg is weeping quietly and fanning himself with the hem of his caftan.

by Anonymousreply 40December 9, 2022 11:23 PM

I don't buy / eat the TV dinners, but I do eat the Red Baron pepperoni pizza singles. I also eat frozen (then cooked) gyoza / mandoo (dumplings).

by Anonymousreply 41December 10, 2022 12:12 AM

My favorite was Stouffer's chicken parm, but I can't find it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 42December 10, 2022 12:31 AM

Stouffer's isn't as good as it once was. I got their Mac & Cheese recently and I think the recipe has changed.

by Anonymousreply 43December 10, 2022 12:35 AM

My guilty pleasure is still Stouffers' mac and cheese frozen dinner. Sometimes I'll add additional cheese, golden raisins, or chicken or tuna to it. Splash of olive oil. Not more than infrequently, with all the sodium and whatnot in there. But sooo good especially on a cold night.

by Anonymousreply 44December 10, 2022 12:35 AM

I recently bought a frozen fried chicken tv dinner "Hungry Man". It wasn't bad, 3pcs chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and a brownie which I did not eat because it burned in the oven. I loved these when I was a kid. But it was very salty and it was $7.99.

by Anonymousreply 45December 10, 2022 12:42 AM

R26

It's good for you, it' made with soy and it's green!

by Anonymousreply 46December 10, 2022 12:50 AM

[quote]Sometimes I'll add additional cheese, golden raisins, or chicken or tuna to it. Splash of olive oil.

No prunes?

by Anonymousreply 47December 10, 2022 12:54 AM

The Rao’s frozen Chicken Parmigiana with Spaghetti is actually really good, make it in the oven. As far as the classic TV dinner style I miss the Libby’s kids meals, omg I ate so many as a child.

by Anonymousreply 48December 10, 2022 12:59 AM

Is this what you're talking about R45? I don't remember those.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 10, 2022 1:04 AM

I ate my share of TV dinners as a little kid in the 1960s, but not that often (even then we were aware they were junk food), and always with a green salad (my mom was a former student nurse and was big on nutrition as understood at that time.) We also ate a lot of Banquet frozen pot pies and frozen fish and chips (with cooked vegetable and salad.)

by Anonymousreply 50December 10, 2022 1:12 AM

R49, yes! They had a mail away offer for a mug and I was obsessed with it. My mother hated the fact I wanted to eat them every single day. I was prohibited to just Friday dinners!

by Anonymousreply 51December 10, 2022 1:16 AM

I tried a Healthy Choice Steamer once, but I objected to all the plastic waste they generate. But the Healthy Choice Power Bowls are good, have recognizable ingredient lists, and come in a compostable paper bowl that holds up just fine through the cooking and eating process. The Power Bowls are my go-to when eating frozen convenience food.

Of course, Conagra Foods has had to recall some of the bowls over undeclared allergens recently, and for possible contamination with small rocks a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 52December 10, 2022 1:25 AM

Aw, r51, you should go to eBay and get yourself a mug...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 10, 2022 1:40 AM

[quote]This is hands down, the grossest thread on here.

Apparently you don't read the Chris Watts threads.

by Anonymousreply 54December 10, 2022 1:48 AM

R45, me too, although I didn't eat the brownie since I don't like them.

I will say, I don't know how they find such small chickens. My pieces were quail-sized.

by Anonymousreply 55December 10, 2022 1:58 AM

I will never understand why anyone would buy and eat this sodium filled low quality mess?

How difficult is it to cook and freeze healthy food in bulk if you’re too lazy to cook or meal prep?

by Anonymousreply 56December 10, 2022 2:08 AM

I was wondering how long it would take R56 to show up. 🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 57December 10, 2022 2:11 AM

Other than fruit and tea in the morning, I eat one meal a day. Although I do look at the sodium content, I really don't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 58December 10, 2022 2:19 AM

The meatloaf one is good.

by Anonymousreply 59December 10, 2022 2:36 AM

R56 doesn’t own a tv either.

by Anonymousreply 60December 10, 2022 2:36 AM

Ruby Romaine on tv dinners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 10, 2022 2:37 AM

R56, some people have health, professional, or age-related reasons for not cooking every meal themselves. I'm old (like most of Datalounge) and have a heart condition that severely limits the time I can spend on my feet prepping food and then cleaning up the mess, in addition to everything else I have to do to get through the day, without having to lay down for an hour to recover my cellular oxygen levels.

I do cook and freeze meals when I'm up to it, but frozen commercial convenience meals are an important part of the equation. And the Healthy Choice brand I use is sodium sensible.

You need to understand that no one else on the planet shares your personal experience.

by Anonymousreply 62December 10, 2022 2:37 AM

OP types downmarket, fat and poor.

by Anonymousreply 63December 10, 2022 2:38 AM

r58 I envy you so much.

by Anonymousreply 64December 10, 2022 4:22 AM

They're really only properly served on...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 10, 2022 4:35 AM

So many delicious choices!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 10, 2022 5:05 AM

Sadly I combine them together in my quest to fatten even more for winter. Like combining separate individual TV dinner frozen rice and frozen chicken, hahaha it is a mild form of creativity.

by Anonymousreply 67December 10, 2022 10:05 AM

Corn gives me the shites.

by Anonymousreply 68December 10, 2022 10:19 AM

R62, the very idea of a comfortable work area is pre-industrial. If we cared about kitchen workers’ comfort, we’d provide lower work surfaces and comfier chairs.

by Anonymousreply 69December 10, 2022 10:35 AM

Stouffer's Salisbury Steak and Mac & Cheese. But not that single portion bullshit. I buy the family size of both and mix them together.

by Anonymousreply 70December 10, 2022 11:05 AM

I ask a friend to hold my earrings and I bunch my caftan up around my waist (or in the general vicinity of where it was)

when I get into an argument at work...

by Anonymousreply 71December 10, 2022 2:46 PM

^ Greg reacts to OP's post

by Anonymousreply 72December 10, 2022 3:24 PM

My mother always said, "If it says Banquet on the package, you may as well throw it straight into the garbage."

My supermarket once had Banquet TV dinners on sale for a ridiculously cheap price, less than a dollar each. I figured, "for pocket change, how bad could they be?" So I bought a few. When I heated one in the microwave, the entire house reeked of dog food. I couldn't even attempt to taste it. So, straight into the garbage. Bitch was right.

by Anonymousreply 73December 10, 2022 4:15 PM

They were an expensive means of keeping a clean kitchen, but Marie Callandar was a safe high calorie meal of the day.

by Anonymousreply 74December 10, 2022 4:22 PM

I cook everything in the oven, which makes for better taste. I only use my microwave for popcorn

by Anonymousreply 75December 10, 2022 4:23 PM

I agree with you R75. The microwave is quick and easy, but the over provides a much better taste for these frozen entrees.

by Anonymousreply 76December 10, 2022 4:28 PM

Stouffers Turkey Tetrazzini is my favorite. And yes, I mostly cook all my meals. But if I'm feeling a bit under the weather/low energy, that hits the spot for me every time.

by Anonymousreply 77December 10, 2022 4:50 PM

In the early 70s my dad was getting a grad degree so he wasn’t home for dinner Wednesday nights. My sister and I got to pick out a Libby-Land “Where food is fun!” TV dinner once a week.

We. Were. In. Heaven. They die-cut boxes popped up into a cartoon holder to eat from, and were full of jokes, puzzles and riddles; and the food was kid-tasty. My mom is a good cook, but never enjoyed doing it - I’m sure she enjoyed the night off as much as we did.

The Hungry Man Mexican dinner at R6 was also my first introduction to Mexican food - which was very rare on the east coast back then - an Old El Paseo taco-kit dinner seemed quite exotic.

by Anonymousreply 78December 10, 2022 5:00 PM

Those cheap ass meals promote diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 79December 10, 2022 5:53 PM

Why would you eat this crap?

Even the supposedly "healthy" ones like Lean Cuisine or Amy's.

by Anonymousreply 80December 10, 2022 5:55 PM

Well, smell r80!

by Anonymousreply 81December 10, 2022 6:16 PM

I serve them at gay Airbnb orgies after everyone has come on the mashed potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 82December 10, 2022 6:18 PM

[quote]I cook everything in the oven, which makes for better taste. I only use my microwave for popcorn.

Popcorn made on top of the stove tastes so much better than microwave popcorn, but I must admit you can't beat the convenience of microwave popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 83December 10, 2022 6:25 PM

I've only ever had one in my life. I BEGGED my mother for one when I was a kid in the 60s because they looked so good and had cool packaging. We were poor and she wouldn't spend the money on one.

by Anonymousreply 84December 10, 2022 6:28 PM

You guys were so poor that you couldn't afford a TV Dinner?

by Anonymousreply 85December 10, 2022 6:33 PM

[quote]You guys were so poor that you couldn't afford a TV Dinner?

Pretty much. My father died when I was seven. My mother was an immigrant with a third-grade education. My mother rarely spent money on things we didn't need and it was cheaper to make a good meal. She had minimum wage jobs cleaning in offices. We had a three-family home and we rented out the second and third floors, but they were only four room flats (2br, LR, Kitchen, 1B). In a poor neighborhood in a poor NE city. That provided some income but not enough. We didn't own a car. I was a latch-key kid for years.

Yes, there were a several (three I think) years where all I got for Christmas were clothes and shoes. I don't have fond memories of Christmas growing up.

Which is why I still spend too much on my adult sons for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 86December 10, 2022 7:06 PM

It was nice having a depression-era parent during Christmas. Jump up and down, give him a hug, and he was in a good mood for the evening.

by Anonymousreply 87December 10, 2022 7:24 PM

Unfortunately, R87, my Depression-era father was chronically depressed, and not about the Depression. Good moods were a rarity for him, even at Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 88December 10, 2022 7:32 PM

My mother didn't like to cook very much either.

She always left Chicken Pot Pies warming in the oven when she and dad were out for the evening.

by Anonymousreply 89December 11, 2022 9:07 PM

Someone mentioned their family having been too poor to buy TV dinners. I remember my mother serving Swanson's pot pies (chicken, turkey, beef) as a weeknight dinner for us. (She would always cook real dinners on weekends.) As an eldergay, I also remember that there were five for a dollar at our local supermarket.

And I liked them! I liked them!

by Anonymousreply 90December 11, 2022 9:15 PM

I think the hype and novelty over meal prepping stuff for the freezer is finally starting to die down already. Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisines are a great option from time to time imo. They are especially good at managing portion control and getting in a reasonable amount of vegetables, in addition to keeping the fat and sodium content in check.

If they're on some sort of special like 2 for $6 or 3 for $9, sure, I will snap up a few to keep on hand in my freezer. Just my humble opinion, but reheating leftovers from the freezer is usually a let down for me, as well as eating the same damn meal several days in a row, is maddeningly boring.

by Anonymousreply 91December 11, 2022 9:26 PM

[quote] I think the hype and novelty over meal prepping stuff for the freezer is finally starting to die down already.

Batch cooking and then putting stuff in the freezer isn't a hype or a novelty activity. It's a basic strategy to keep yourself (and your family) fed. Some people like to eat food that they've cooked. Nobody says you have to eat it several days in a row.

It's fine if you want to buy / eat frozen "TV dinners," but that's not the norm for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 92December 11, 2022 9:35 PM

[quote] Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisines are a great option from time to time imo. They are especially good at managing portion control and getting in a reasonable amount of vegetables, in addition to keeping the fat and sodium content in check.

There are 800mg of sodium in the linked Lean Cuisine below. (For comparison, there are 10 mg of sodium in a bottle of lemon-lime Gatorade)

That's not the end of the world if you have one every so often and don't have any medical need to watch salt intake.

Why would you eat this chemical crap? For the same money you can zap a bag of broccoli florets from Trader Joe's and combine it with one of their pre-cooked teriyaki chicken breasts-- 70 mg of sodium even with the teriyaki flavoring.

Eat as much non-processed food as possible.

Live longer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93December 11, 2022 11:31 PM

[quote]Eat as much non-processed food as possible. Live longer.

Just like Kirstie Alley!

by Anonymousreply 94December 11, 2022 11:35 PM

[quote]Eat as much non-processed food as possible. Live longer.

Provided you don't suddenly get run over by a truck.

by Anonymousreply 95December 11, 2022 11:37 PM

I like Marie Callender's TV dinners, regardless of fat content. I wish I could find a good Chicken Tikka Masala TV dinner, but I've tried about six or seven different kinds and none of them taste like they should.

by Anonymousreply 96December 11, 2022 11:42 PM

I have never bought frozen meals. It’s just as easy to buy raw vegetables and eat them that way, or cook them. More nutritious, and flavourful.

by Anonymousreply 97December 11, 2022 11:48 PM

Wow.

This really is a Fat Whores thread.

No hope then, R97.

Carry on lards and pass the Pringles.

by Anonymousreply 98December 11, 2022 11:49 PM

R96 Make your own fucking chicken tikka masala. Jesus. It’s not that difficult.

by Anonymousreply 99December 12, 2022 12:19 AM

[quote]I have never bought frozen meals. It’s just as easy to buy raw vegetables and eat them that way, or cook them. More nutritious, and flavourful.

Yes, because raw vegetables taste just as good as junk food.

[quote]Make your own fucking chicken tikka masala. Jesus. It’s not that difficult.

So predictable to have all the virtue signalers show up. It's a fun thread about TV dinners, for Christ's sake. No one here needs to be lectured about the virtues of healthy eating, even though it satisfies your ego to do so.

by Anonymousreply 100December 12, 2022 1:20 AM

R12- I MOST certainly agree

That stuff is strictly for the POORS and the FAT WHORES.

by Anonymousreply 101December 12, 2022 1:26 AM

Too many preservatives and too much sodium.

by Anonymousreply 102December 12, 2022 1:41 AM

We all have busy lives. I don't think anyone is advocating eating like this every single day, but a TV Dinner every now and again isn't going to hurt anyone. And for you make it yourself queens, bless your hearts. I applaud that you have the time and energy to make every single meal, that's just not realistic or even desired by most people.

by Anonymousreply 103December 12, 2022 1:49 AM

What R103 said...nom, nom, nom...

by Anonymousreply 104December 12, 2022 5:36 AM

I had the Marie Callender's turkey and stuffing Meal to Share. It's actually good. No vegetables though, so I make some peas to go with. Only 630 calories.

by Anonymousreply 105December 12, 2022 6:17 AM

r10, do you happen to know his real name? Is he on the IMDb? I'm not a fan of the TV dinners he eats but he seems like an interesting guy.

by Anonymousreply 106December 12, 2022 10:52 AM

[quote]How difficult is it to cook and freeze healthy food in bulk if you’re too lazy to cook or meal prep?

Cooking and freezing in bulk IS meal prep. This sentence doesn't make any sense.

I don't know about anyone else, but my freezer is a bitch to get stuff in and out of. The layout of our kitchen forces us to get a side-by-side model and even with the current fridge, which has a slightly larger freezer than the old one as well as a door that opens a bit wider, we just can't keep both regular food AND a bunch of pre-cooked food in there. There's no room.

I don't care for leftover meat, anyway. It always tastes off and the texture is gross. Soups, stews, casseroles, sauces, those are all great in the freezer, and I even tried to buy a separate freezer this summer, but both times the order was delayed by months so I just cancelled and gave up trying.

by Anonymousreply 107December 12, 2022 11:04 AM

For you, OP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 12, 2022 11:37 AM

There are a lot more options for frozen meals these days that cater to many dietary needs and restrictions. They're not all garbage junk food. The portion control, and clearly labeled nutritional information are a big convenience.

by Anonymousreply 109December 12, 2022 11:51 AM

It's impossible to buy untainted food in the USA unless you're vegan and you live next door to an organic farmer so eat whatever the hell you want.

by Anonymousreply 110December 12, 2022 12:42 PM

Lately I’ve been batch cooking. On the weekends, I make two, sometimes three dishes, then I put them in freezer bags so I can reheat them during the week.

by Anonymousreply 111December 12, 2022 12:47 PM

I used to eat a hungry man fried chicken dinner every once in a while, but too many times the meat tasted off. That is called warmed over flavor, and it is a known issue with cooked frozen poultry. It doesn't happen all the time with poultry, but it happened often enough with my chicken TV dinners that I decided not to buy them anymore.

Instead I keep a bag of chicken cutlets in the freezer. I buy fresh chicken breasts and slice them into three pieces, then wrap and freeze them. The smaller pieces are ideal for a quick meal since they thaw fast, and can be used as is or sliced or diced for a stir fry or a small casserole. In fact I make my homemade version of Rice-A-Roni using a seasoned diced chicken cutlet that I brown in a little butter. Remove it from the pan, then add about a third of a cup of raw rice and a couple tablespoons of fine egg noodles broken up. Saute those in the butter and chicken juices, then add two cups of homemade chicken stock and the cooked chicken, cover and simmer till done. It has so much more flavor than the boxed product, and adding a little meat makes it a meal for one.

by Anonymousreply 112December 12, 2022 12:57 PM

Cooking and freezing meals sounds gross to me. You make a meal, you have one day of leftovers and that's it. Those are the rules.

by Anonymousreply 113December 12, 2022 12:58 PM

Look. Before you reach for that shit check out the nutritional information. They are loaded with sodium and preservatives and chemicals. I'd rather buy hot cooked food which may not be much better but I feel like it is. I do not get why people don't just cook and freeze stuff. So much easier. A couple weeks ago, I made a pot of Lentil soup, I roasted four chicken breasts, two of them one way two another, and then I roasted a pot roast with carrots onions and potatoes. I already have some homemade pasta sauce in the freezer along with cheese tortellini. Everything is in serving sizes with a date on the container. It is so easy. And I'm not talking about labor intensive cooking. It takes five minutes to season your meat or poultry and stick it in the oven. When it's ready, let it cool then cut it into serving sized portions and freeze it. I use plastic freezer bags most of the time, because it saves space. FIne. I'm done preaching. But I just want to encourage you to try to be more healthy in your food choices.

by Anonymousreply 114December 12, 2022 12:59 PM

[quote]I buy fresh chicken breasts and slice them into three pieces, then wrap and freeze them. The smaller pieces are ideal for a quick meal since they thaw fast

That's a really good idea. I've been using ground meat because it's easy to keep in the freezer without having to defrost it, but I'm going to try some thin-cut meats, too.

by Anonymousreply 115December 12, 2022 1:00 PM

Do you guys also can too?

by Anonymousreply 116December 12, 2022 1:02 PM

[quote]They are loaded with sodium and preservatives and chemicals.

We know, and the reason we know is because every single food thread on here -- including this one -- has multiple people saying "sodium! chemicals! fat whores!" repeatedly, and then they proceed to tell us their own personal food prep journeys and how it's easy and how it makes them better people.

by Anonymousreply 117December 12, 2022 1:03 PM

You just think you antibiotic and dewormer-loaded food is healthier. It's not.

by Anonymousreply 118December 12, 2022 1:05 PM

[quote] how it makes them better people.

Because it does R117

by Anonymousreply 119December 12, 2022 1:28 PM

R117, I do not think I am a "better person." I am just trying to encourage people to make healthier choices. I'm motivated in part by my sister who is overweight, and working 14 -16 hours a day 6 days a week and is a stressed out wreck who either eats fast food, restaurant take out or these frozen "delicacies" from the supermarket. And R118, I don't eat chicken or anything else that has antibiotics.

by Anonymousreply 120December 12, 2022 2:53 PM

Exactly r120. These silly little queens like r113 and r117 are certainly insecure if they can read all of that in someone’s posts about cooking meals ahead of time. I mean, what’s gross about preparing meals ahead of time and eating foods that aren’t loaded with junk? Either they’re pathetically insecure or they are just trolling and 💩 stirring. Grow up already.

So I guess WE ARE, BLANCHE! We ARE SUPERIOR! 🤪😜🤪😜😝🥳

by Anonymousreply 121December 12, 2022 4:27 PM

[quote]Look. Before you reach for that shit check out the nutritional information. They are loaded with sodium and preservatives and chemicals.

OMG! None of us knew that before!

by Anonymousreply 122December 12, 2022 7:16 PM

R106, his name is Tom Willett. Here's his IMDB bio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123December 12, 2022 8:46 PM

[quote]Do you guys also can too?

No -- but we certainly can .... can-can!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 12, 2022 11:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!