Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

KRISTYN FUCKING SINEMA HAS CHANGED HER PARTY AFFILIATION FROM DEMOCRAT TO INDEPENDENT

This fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 371April 26, 2023 1:15 AM

This bitch is a useless twat. When is she up for re-election? Who will she caucus with?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2022 10:06 AM

Not a surprise. She knew she wasn't going to get the attention she wanted anymore, now that there were 51 Democratic senators. I think a lot of us assumed she'd change to Repug and not Independent, though.

by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2022 10:06 AM

CUNT - who owns this bitch?

by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2022 10:07 AM

GEN X, you OWN this CUNT

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2022 10:07 AM

Oh, good, some fuckwit is trying to distract us by changing the topic to generational in-fighting. That's useful.

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2022 10:09 AM

“I eat old people’s excrement.”

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2022 10:10 AM

Doesn’t she still caucus with Dems? I think Angus King also identifies as an independent?

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2022 10:14 AM

I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. AND I AM A CUNT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. AND I AM A CUNT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. AND I AM A CUNT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. AND I AM A CUNT. I AM A CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM AN IMPORTANT CUNT. I AM IMPORTANT. CUNT. CUNTY CUNT CUNT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. AND I AM A CUNT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. AND I AM A CUNT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. AND I AM A CUNT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. AND I AM A CUNT. I AM A CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM AN IMPORTANT CUNT. I AM IMPORTANT. CUNT. CUNTY CUNT CUNT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT. I AM IMPORTANT.

by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2022 10:15 AM

Tell me you're a psychotic lesbian

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2022 10:17 AM

Bernie is an independent too. It doesn’t change anything in the Senate and is more honest.

by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2022 10:19 AM

I read this and thought, "that fucking cunt."

by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2022 10:21 AM

She's a self-serving cunt. No mystery

by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2022 10:22 AM

How did this person get elected?

Is the AZ Democratic Party apparatus outraged at her performance? Who is being coached to primary her in the next senatorial election?

What's their DEM bench look like?

by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2022 10:22 AM

Pull all her committee assignments.

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2022 10:22 AM

Politicians are fucking exhausting. So over people in this profession.

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2022 10:24 AM

She's a power-mad narcissist. It's not a coincidence that she announces this pretty much the exact moment Warnock is elected and she loses much of her power in the senate. She may even vote the same way as before but here's your proof if you were in denial that she's an utterly batshit attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2022 10:24 AM

She’s batshit insane.

by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2022 10:26 AM

The spelling of her name = crazy cunt

by Anonymousreply 18December 9, 2022 10:26 AM

She was raised Mormon.

by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2022 10:27 AM

R16, no one has denied that for years. God I loathe her.

by Anonymousreply 20December 9, 2022 10:29 AM

She fucks whichever the wind blows. But does her bullshit equivocation endear her to AZ voters?

by Anonymousreply 21December 9, 2022 10:29 AM

Like others, I'm just surprised she didn't turn repig since she's clearly buddies with Turtle. But whatever....once she's up for re-election (and why would she give up this cushy gigi?), she's going to find the world a very cold place

by Anonymousreply 22December 9, 2022 10:30 AM

[quote]Is the AZ Democratic Party apparatus outraged at her performance?

Yeah, they've said quite a bit about it and censured her earlier this year.

by Anonymousreply 24December 9, 2022 10:30 AM

My thinking is that she went Independent instead of Repug so that way, when she runs for re-election, she'll split the vote and it'll be easier for the Repug to win. I wonder if she's getting paid for this or if she's just doing it for free because she loves the attention?

by Anonymousreply 25December 9, 2022 10:32 AM

I'm just shocked someone hasn't cut that bitch's brake lines by now.

by Anonymousreply 26December 9, 2022 10:32 AM

She wont get re-elected. The only reason she won in the first place is that she lied to a bunch of progressive groups and voters then turned on them once she got into office. That's a one trick pony. They feel burned and she's lost those votes that put her into that position.

by Anonymousreply 27December 9, 2022 10:34 AM

R4, yes, honey, but at least we aren't responsible for shit like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 9, 2022 10:35 AM

She hasn't said which party she'll caucas with. Be very afraid.

by Anonymousreply 29December 9, 2022 10:37 AM

Ran as a progressive candidate, that is how she was elected.

She lied.

by Anonymousreply 30December 9, 2022 10:38 AM

Yes, she did run as a progressive, but maybe this is a teaching moment for progressives. Check their backgrounds, voting history, ideology BEFORE you put them into office. You need to go deeper than just letting them tell you what you want to hear.

by Anonymousreply 31December 9, 2022 10:45 AM

She knew she wasn’t getting the Democratic nomination again. She was about to get primaried and she would’ve lost. Now it becomes a lot more tricky.

by Anonymousreply 32December 9, 2022 10:45 AM

R16 summed this fucking bitch up, perfectly.

I loathe this fat cunt and her mentally ill mind games. "LOOK AT ME! LOOK OVER HERE, AT ME! I'M IMPORTANT! I'M PRETTY! I'M IMPORTANT!"

I fucking hate her worse than the Trump sons. They can't help who their dad is, that they were raised like wolves, and are mutant freaks. Sinema does not have those things against her and clearly chooses on a daily basis to be a manic bitch and a festering pustule on Democracy's asshole.

by Anonymousreply 33December 9, 2022 10:46 AM

Deputy assistant secretary of the office of spent fuel and waste disposition? Wow R29 that's such an impressive title🙄 I mean what would we do without him?

by Anonymousreply 34December 9, 2022 10:48 AM

When her constituents approached her directly with concerns, she ran into the restroom.

This person sided with a group who hi-fived each other after successfully blocking extended benefits for veterans.

Its garbage and filth.

by Anonymousreply 35December 9, 2022 10:48 AM

Sinema absolutely has a personality disorder if not a full-blown mental illness. She's not crafty, she's crazy. That time she was clinging like an actress in a silent melodrama to Rob Portman for no reason should have been everyone's clue that she is emotionally unstable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 9, 2022 10:48 AM

Obstruction Spice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 9, 2022 10:53 AM

I hate this person. She lied to Arizona voters and this is how we are stuck with all her drama.

Who the fuck does she work for because it is not the American people? Who is paying her?

Can the dems take it as a resignation?

by Anonymousreply 38December 9, 2022 10:53 AM

Protesters following Kyrsten Sinema into the bathroom undermined their efforts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 9, 2022 10:54 AM

Following an elected official into a restroom is beyond the pale, using the nation's capitol as a restroom is political discourse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 9, 2022 10:56 AM

Or so The INDEPENDENT says, r39.

by Anonymousreply 41December 9, 2022 10:57 AM

The cow print that is cheaply screen-printed onto her too-tight frock in the photo at R39 is perfect for that DUMB, FAT HEIFER!

by Anonymousreply 42December 9, 2022 10:57 AM

Proof that a woman can be a motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 43December 9, 2022 10:58 AM

She is a real piece of work. Angus King is also an Independent, yet caucuses with us.

If she caucuses with the Republicans, I'm not sure that she has any power. Did a single Republican have any power over the last two years? It's really about committees and judges and forcing Kamala to show up for votes, but she will soon find she's irrelevant if she cedes her power over to McConnell.

by Anonymousreply 44December 9, 2022 10:59 AM

Woo hoo!

by Anonymousreply 45December 9, 2022 10:59 AM

Naw, a "Jenny-ass" rather than a "jackass."

by Anonymousreply 46December 9, 2022 10:59 AM

R13, Arizona Democrats are hopping mad at what she’s done. She totally misrepresented herself around the state when she campaigned. No one wants her.

We want Rep. Ruben Gallego to primary her. If he does, she will lose. We’re pissed we have to have her around for two more years.

by Anonymousreply 47December 9, 2022 11:00 AM

Just a hooker. Don't read more into this.

by Anonymousreply 48December 9, 2022 11:00 AM

She's in office to represent the needs of her constituents but doesn't understand this.

The protesters who followed her extra wide ass into the restroom included volunteers for her campaign!

by Anonymousreply 49December 9, 2022 11:03 AM

She will not get a dime from the Democratic party to run, and clearly understands that she's going to be a one term Senator. A one term Senator with no power or influence to get a fancy lobbying job.

Guess she'll just go work for RT when her term is over.

by Anonymousreply 50December 9, 2022 11:04 AM

What a dopey cunt. She was elected as a Democrat. She should resign and run for re-election as an Independent and see how she gets on. She would have her fucking ass handed to her. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 51December 9, 2022 11:08 AM

"While Sanders and King formally caucus with Democrats, Sinema declined to explicitly say that she would do the same. She did note, however, that she expects to keep her committee assignments – a signal that she doesn’t plan to upend the Senate composition, since Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer controls committee rosters for Democrats."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 9, 2022 11:08 AM

Gallego won't primary her because she's no longer a Democrat, and therefore no longer subject to being primaried by anyone.

That's why she went Independent. She's trying to fuck up the 2024 election.

by Anonymousreply 53December 9, 2022 11:11 AM

[quote]she expects to keep her committee assignments

Schumer better not let her keep her committee assignments.

by Anonymousreply 54December 9, 2022 11:12 AM

THANKS FOR THE EXCLUSIVE, CNN. Did you ask why?

by Anonymousreply 55December 9, 2022 11:13 AM

Her job as an elected official is to represent the needs of her constitutes.

by Anonymousreply 56December 9, 2022 11:16 AM

This candidate ran on progressive causes and has violated the trust of her constituency.

Did you ask it why during your little exclusive?

by Anonymousreply 57December 9, 2022 11:27 AM

She will fuck up the 2024 election. If a Dem runs then the vote will split between her and the dem and the Arizona will elect some Maga moron

by Anonymousreply 58December 9, 2022 11:28 AM

R47 is grey ..... This is interesting

by Anonymousreply 59December 9, 2022 11:31 AM

[quote]Did you ask it why during your little exclusive?

Did you read the article?

“Removing myself from the partisan structure – not only is it true to who I am and how I operate, I also think it’ll provide a place of belonging for many folks across the state and the country, who also are tired of the partisanship.”

It's a load of bs but it is an explanation.

by Anonymousreply 60December 9, 2022 11:32 AM

She is not fucking up anything. We have our victory and we press on.

by Anonymousreply 61December 9, 2022 11:32 AM

That is a platitude and it is fake. That is not a reasonable answer to her constituency.

by Anonymousreply 62December 9, 2022 11:35 AM

But it's the only answer she's going to give. A reporter can't pry the truth out of a politician.

by Anonymousreply 63December 9, 2022 11:36 AM

And the second shoe dropping will be Manchin becomes as Republican

by Anonymousreply 64December 9, 2022 11:36 AM

She pulled this right now for maximum attention and because it was the trolliest way to do it, but it also means we now have two years to make it clear to Arizona Democrats, Independents and centrists that voting for her in 2024 is a huge mistake. People don't like it when politicians change parties while in office. If someone changes parties in between elections (like Lieberman did) that's one thing, but while serving, that's another.

She's going to try to be a spoiler in 2024 but if the DNC starts work right now, they can negate a lot of the damage she's going to try to do.

by Anonymousreply 65December 9, 2022 11:39 AM

An elected official is beholden to its constituency.

If she is unable to answer why she chose to run as a progressive candidate but votes against her constituencies needs, don't give her a platform.

No one wants to do their job.

by Anonymousreply 66December 9, 2022 11:40 AM

In a 45-minute interview, the first-term senator told POLITICO that she will not caucus with Republicans and suggested that she intends to vote the same way she has for four years in the Senate. “Nothing will change about my values or my behavior,” she said.

by Anonymousreply 67December 9, 2022 11:41 AM

The strange thing is that she would do this as she is trying to squeak through a bipartisan immigration bill with Thom Tillis. This also guarantees she will run against a Democrat and a Republican in 2024, which she might have avoided for the promise of keeping the seat blue. She has the strategic skill of a pigeon.

by Anonymousreply 68December 9, 2022 11:45 AM

A small group of her constituentd confronted her directly including some who worked on her campaign as volunteers.

When confronted directly, she ran into the restroom.

THAT is the caliber of person she is.

by Anonymousreply 69December 9, 2022 11:47 AM

If Synema is not caucusing with Republicans, she’s caucusing with Dems, so Manchin gains nothing by switching over to Republican. The only result is we would be at 50/50 again with Kamala breaking ties.

We have to watch out For Synema running as an independent. No doubt she won’t get any Dem money but she will probably get a ton of Maga money to fuck up the works.

by Anonymousreply 70December 9, 2022 11:48 AM

The patron saint of fraus who want to be thought of as quirky rebels while dutifully sucking the establishment's cock. A textbook libertarian.

by Anonymousreply 71December 9, 2022 11:49 AM

Libertarians= welfare queens

by Anonymousreply 72December 9, 2022 11:53 AM

I think she’s authentic and well thought out, even if I disagree with her sometimes. Her party affiliation doesn’t concern me, Independent is more honest for her record and sentiments. I hope she still caucuses with Dems and she seemed to indicate she would. Won’t change what she votes for regardless.

Much ado about nothing.

by Anonymousreply 73December 9, 2022 11:56 AM

Ha!!

by Anonymousreply 74December 9, 2022 11:57 AM

Any Democrat who ever made a donation to her campaign should demand their money back. The DSCC should also demand every cent they put into her campaign be returned. If she does not, sue her for fraud. Ensure she is so broke that she can never run for another office again.

by Anonymousreply 75December 9, 2022 11:57 AM

I'm amazed that someone who is bisexual would even consider for a moment that she has a lot in common with Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 76December 9, 2022 11:58 AM

Somebody here claimed a while back that she has lesbo sex-pest skeletons in her closet. I'd love to see her thoroughly ruined.

by Anonymousreply 77December 9, 2022 11:58 AM

Females pretend to be bisexual to drum up interest from heterosexual males who fantasize about threesomes with 2 chicks.

by Anonymousreply 78December 9, 2022 12:01 PM

She just made the shortlist for 2022 Cuntress of the Year. At least now we can run a real Democrat in AZ.

by Anonymousreply 79December 9, 2022 12:17 PM

She says she intends to keep her committee assignments, which means she will caucus with the Democrats whether she says so explicitly or not. This is an empty act by a crybaby.

by Anonymousreply 80December 9, 2022 12:23 PM

Something weird about Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 81December 9, 2022 12:24 PM

[quote] She will fuck up the 2024 election. If a Dem runs then the vote will split between her and the dem and the Arizona will elect some Maga moron

Does she have any support in AZ? I would think if Mark Kelly can win there, the Democrat gets a plurality of the votes. She'll split Republican votes with some MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 82December 9, 2022 12:25 PM

The people who are defending her by saying that Bernie, et al, are also Independent, miss the point of her timing. I hate this woman. I hate her clothes and her mincing, flouncing, needy ways.

by Anonymousreply 83December 9, 2022 12:29 PM

R9 She's bi, not a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 84December 9, 2022 12:30 PM

R78 She's been dating a woman for years.

by Anonymousreply 85December 9, 2022 12:31 PM

Her job as an elected official is to represent the interests of Arizonians and this includes listening to their concerns. Her job isn't to protest what she deems to be partisan politics by running against the progressive campaign she ran on.

by Anonymousreply 86December 9, 2022 12:34 PM

[quote] I also think it’ll provide a place of belonging for many folks across the state and the country, who also are tired of the partisanship

She's as deluded as ever. The partisanship people are so tired of is that of Republicans and their hangers-on working for corporations instead of the general population, not some abstract polarization or whatever. Whenever she "crosses the aisle" it's to screw over regular people.

by Anonymousreply 87December 9, 2022 12:35 PM

R77 What does that mean? She sexually harassed women?

by Anonymousreply 88December 9, 2022 12:41 PM

Video Shows Republicans Fist Bumping After Blocking Veteran Healthcare Bill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 9, 2022 12:52 PM

[quote]I hope she still caucuses with Dems

“Hope” being the operative word.

by Anonymousreply 90December 9, 2022 12:55 PM

Maybe the president should offer her some cushy ambassadorship that she can't turn down. Then the newly elected Democratic governor can appoint her replacement.

by Anonymousreply 91December 9, 2022 1:00 PM

It'll be a problem in 2024 because she'll run and split the vote. I doubt any Republicans voted for her. But she's always a problem. They'll just have to find a state to take from the Republicans, to neutralize her. Freak.

by Anonymousreply 92December 9, 2022 1:00 PM

She's hot though

by Anonymousreply 93December 9, 2022 1:02 PM

What do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 94December 9, 2022 1:07 PM

Who are Sen. Sinema's key staff people?

Who have these people worked for before her on the Hill?

by Anonymousreply 95December 9, 2022 1:08 PM

Plot to overthrow German government rooted in conspiracy theories, anger over COVID restrictions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 9, 2022 1:16 PM

Truly the definition of cunt.

by Anonymousreply 97December 9, 2022 1:21 PM

She’s a Russian plant!

by Anonymousreply 98December 9, 2022 1:23 PM

Allegedly, R88

by Anonymousreply 99December 9, 2022 1:24 PM

I hope someone kicks her in the cunt, the cunting cunt.

by Anonymousreply 100December 9, 2022 1:42 PM

Voto Latino already began their grass roots efforts earlier this year to toss this cunt from office. She is up for re-election in 2024 -- on the same ballot as a presidential election, where no doubt Arizona voters will be faced with a choice of a decent human being and an absolutely horrific MAGA monster. We've now seen three election cycles where Arizonans have turned out and voted against that crazy, the first cycle was when this wolf-in-progressive's clothing won her seat in the 2018 midterms. She's toast in two years. Ruben Gallegos, please announce your candidacy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 9, 2022 1:43 PM

Any lesbian who tongues her cunt is an abomination.

by Anonymousreply 102December 9, 2022 1:46 PM

Ruben Gallego doesn't seem like the best candidate to me. Too left wing. Arizona needs someone who can present themselves as moderate.

by Anonymousreply 103December 9, 2022 1:47 PM

How about Cindy McCain, R103?

by Anonymousreply 104December 9, 2022 1:49 PM

"It'll be a problem in 2024 because she'll run and split the vote."

I'm not so sure about that. She's destroyed her "brand" as it were, as a Democrat. Her antics have been well publicized, including her coziness with McConnell. Anyone who is inclined to vote Democrat isn't going to vote for her, so then it just becomes once again, about turn out.

I mean, there is so much fodder to exploit. I can see the campaign ads against her now - clips of her flouncing into the senate chamber for the minimum wage vote in that ridiculous skirt. Tapping McConnell on the shoulder and doing that cutesy "hi!!" before sauntering over and doing that dramatic thumbs down "no." That photo of her with the "fuck off" ring. Her lies about living in poverty that her own sister said was bullshit. Her absence during critical votes because she was busy interning at a winery owned by private equity, training for a marathon, off on donor paid sojourns to Europe, etc.

I don't know whose smell test she will pass, but I wouldn't be surprised if there werent enough Sinema fans to make a difference in an election. But I guess we will see.

by Anonymousreply 105December 9, 2022 1:51 PM

I saw her interview with CNN's Jake Tapper this morning and really don't see where as a result of this move she alters her voting pattern one whit.

But, I do see this as her "Me! Me! Me!..." moment that essentially grabs the national political spotlight to shine upon her.

by Anonymousreply 106December 9, 2022 1:52 PM

R103 That is a super interesting proposition but I doubt Cindy is political enough to want to do it. I was thinking someone more like Mark Kelly. He still pretty much votes Dem all the way but is careful and boring enough to say the right moderate things and doesn't vibe as particularly left wing (a lot of swing voters don't pay attention to politics and go by 'vibe' which is one reason why Fetterman won).

by Anonymousreply 107December 9, 2022 1:55 PM

R194, we don't want any Republican certainly not one that can win. We need a Blake Masters-style MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 108December 9, 2022 1:55 PM

Politics, showbiz for ugly people.

by Anonymousreply 109December 9, 2022 2:00 PM

Never Trust a Bisexual, Vol. 700

by Anonymousreply 110December 9, 2022 2:02 PM

If she is forced to resign...for any reason...the Democratic governor can appoint a Dem to replace her...

by Anonymousreply 111December 9, 2022 2:05 PM

R111 - from your lips to God's ear!

by Anonymousreply 112December 9, 2022 2:09 PM

Don’t blame her, blame the feckless cunts who insist on inflicting her on our Congress. You KNOW it’s all straight men who vote for her because they think she’s hawt.

by Anonymousreply 113December 9, 2022 2:09 PM

R113 They voted for Mark Kelly too though, and by a bigger margin...

by Anonymousreply 114December 9, 2022 2:14 PM

She's a "lesbitarian"

by Anonymousreply 115December 9, 2022 2:14 PM

Only the Grand Canyon has a bigger hole. I wish she would fall in it. Maybe she could visit Russia with a vape pen.

by Anonymousreply 116December 9, 2022 2:16 PM

Interesting Sinema thread here from a Dem operative in AZ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 9, 2022 2:31 PM

I hope she never goes to the bathroom alone again.

by Anonymousreply 118December 9, 2022 2:38 PM

R117 Great thread and concurs with my thinking: she's doing this because she's fucked for any kind of Dem primary. She's killed all trust. There's being a Susan Collins or a Joe Manchin but with her she seems to revel in sticking the finger up and that just does not go down well.

by Anonymousreply 119December 9, 2022 2:44 PM

I only want to hear her name from here on out if she’s either voted out or dead.

by Anonymousreply 120December 9, 2022 2:46 PM

YIKES! R28 What is that thing?!

by Anonymousreply 121December 9, 2022 2:51 PM

R3 -- Who owns her? Whatever largest check clears first.

by Anonymousreply 122December 9, 2022 2:52 PM

She's clearly best buddies with Mitch because like him she gets her rocks off on being loathed

by Anonymousreply 123December 9, 2022 2:55 PM

I'd heard earlier the week she was switching to Republican. I wonder what happened.

by Anonymousreply 124December 9, 2022 3:04 PM

With GOP in a minority, she would have almost no power whatsoever. If she was thinking of switching to GOP, which is doubtful, all those plans got washed away with the Warnock election.

by Anonymousreply 125December 9, 2022 3:09 PM

So what happens if Manchin switches to Repug? This is why the system is a joke. Switching parties should be unlawful.

by Anonymousreply 126December 9, 2022 3:21 PM

Posted at another forum:

[quote]My family actually has a long, difficult history with her.

[quote]I won't tell the full story, as it involves the most intimate details of other family member's lives.

[quote]Suffice it to say, she has been an agent of chaos and destruction in people's lives going back to her college years.

[quote]The weirdest part of it all, is that she was so hardcore liberal/progressive. She refused to use self-checkouts in grocery stores, even if not doing so would make her late to an event or appointment. To see her morph into this creature she's become is a complete betrayal of the values she used to expound constantly, to the point of refusing to be friends with people who didn't meet her standards.

[quote]Having said all that, I have always voted for her, for the "D" next to her name.

[quote]No more.

[quote]No "D"? No vote.

[quote]I hope she enjoys her money and notoriety.

[quote]She clearly cares nothing for the people who loved and trusted her and were betrayed by her along the way.

[quote]FUCK HER!!!!

by Anonymousreply 127December 9, 2022 3:28 PM

R127 that's pretty vague though? Who is that person and what has she done? (Not using self-checkouts is lame and the only thing I saw in those quotes.)

by Anonymousreply 128December 9, 2022 3:30 PM

Kyrshten Shinema.

by Anonymousreply 129December 9, 2022 3:30 PM

I was alarmed at first, but:

"Okay Greg has confirmation that she will continue to caucus with the Dems, which means this is 100% meaningless. Angus King and Bernie Sanders already do the same thing. Just with less attention seeking. Still 51-49. False alarm. Go about your business."

She's finished. Good riddance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 9, 2022 3:31 PM

It's funny because I almost don't even count King and Sanders as independents when they pretty much always vote with Dems. The swing senators for me: Collins, Murkowski, Manchin, Sinema.

by Anonymousreply 131December 9, 2022 3:33 PM

So Sinema runs as an Independent, The Dem runs, the GOP runs. Dems and Indies split the vote and the GOP gains a senate seat. That is my predicted outcome.

by Anonymousreply 132December 9, 2022 3:35 PM

R132 I was going to say that I hope she fucks off to some lobbyist job before that but then I remembered that there are evil billionaires like Peter Thiel around who might actually pay her millions to do just that (splitting the vote so that a R can get in).

At least Thiel's candidate Blake Masters lost but those people still have so much money to do quite a lot of damage if they want to.

by Anonymousreply 133December 9, 2022 3:41 PM

Ignorant bitch

by Anonymousreply 134December 9, 2022 3:55 PM

She really seems like a cross between Glenn Glose in FATAL ATTRACTION and Sharon Stone in BASIC INSTINCT……..Warnock winning his race surely made the I WILL NOT BE IGNORED part of her come to life…….she wears her narcissism on her sleeve…..

by Anonymousreply 135December 9, 2022 3:57 PM

Fuck off, Sinema.

by Anonymousreply 136December 9, 2022 4:05 PM

[quote][R127] that's pretty vague though? Who is that person and what has she done?

What R127 copied could actually be any Arizona Democrat. See the thread posted at R117.

R132, there's some hope that won't happen, since AZ Democrats and D-leaning independents are quite united in disliking Sinema. She won't likely split their vote as an Independent. And if the Rs run a MAGAt, she might siphon away some of their votes.

by Anonymousreply 137December 9, 2022 4:13 PM

She votes with Joe Biden 93% of the time, same as Datalounge oracle and hard left Tliab and Elizabeth Warren (who votes 94%) of the time with Biden. The misogyny on this site is palpable.

by Anonymousreply 138December 9, 2022 4:39 PM

Again, she will NOT split the Democratic vote. If anything, she'll peel away a few moderate Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 139December 9, 2022 4:41 PM

KKKunt!

by Anonymousreply 141December 9, 2022 4:46 PM

Trump May Have Sold Classified Documents, Should Be 'Arrested'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142December 9, 2022 4:53 PM

If Dump sold classified documents, I think it’s going to be very difficult to not indict him. His only recourse would be to deny it. I think many of his die-hard supporters would have difficulty supporting him if that were the case, so his only recourse is to claim he was framed or some similar nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 143December 9, 2022 4:59 PM

No misogyny, R139. She may vote with the Democrats 93% of the time, but she's made a high profile for herself championing the bizarre, anti-democratic 60% threshold for legislation and flamboyant "aisle-crossing" that amounts to validating right-wingers. She has a decent legislative record, but makes a great show of voting against important Democratic legislation, doing the bouncing and thumbs-down and the rest of it for the cameras. She also showcases a strange contempt for her constituency ("tell them to fuck off!") while taking a ton of corporate money.

by Anonymousreply 144December 9, 2022 5:00 PM

Fantasy.

Lies.

Deviancy.

Maga.

by Anonymousreply 145December 9, 2022 5:01 PM

[quote]No misogyny

😉

by Anonymousreply 146December 9, 2022 5:02 PM

She's so hot to me. The definition of a milf.

by Anonymousreply 147December 9, 2022 5:03 PM

That's three months old, r142.

by Anonymousreply 148December 9, 2022 5:05 PM

She did this for two reasons: first, she was going to be primaried and would lose badly; and two, it keeps her in the power position in the Senate. This eliminates the primary threat and will make Democrat's efforts to replace her much more difficult (but not impossible and given where we're at, still likely).

If she switched to Republican, it would again split the Senate equally which wouldn't benefit the Republicans as much as it would hurt the Democrats in that under the 50/50 split there are an equal number of Republicans on each committee which allows the Republicans to block a great deal of what gets out of committee. It doesn't make a whole lot of difference anywhere except for the Judiciary committee which is where the Senate Democrats really have any power. We cannot allow a 50./50 split to diminish the absolute necessity of confirming as many of Biden's judicial nominees as possible if we have any hope of saving the judiciary at all.

But Sinema would lose all of her power if she switched because the Republicans would not put her on any committees (their reward isn't great enough to justify the loss of one of their radical members on a committee), and it would make her public enemy number one for the Democrats.

Chuck Schumer will not remove her from her committee assignments because she would then agree to caucus with the Republicans merely out of spite.

What she has done is put herself in the position of having to look over her shoulder all of the time. She has painted a target on her back.

by Anonymousreply 149December 9, 2022 5:05 PM

Here is something more recent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150December 9, 2022 5:08 PM

She’s keeping her committee assignments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 9, 2022 5:20 PM

Schumer is such a wimp. Pelosi and McConnell really know how to play the game and get people in line.

by Anonymousreply 152December 9, 2022 5:21 PM

Does anyone remember the report (about a year ago) that Kyrsten has delusions of running for president as a "moderate" and sweeping the vote with some vast imaginary mainstream of voters who crave the vital "center," even when that center keeps moving rightwards away from a living wage, Social Security, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 153December 9, 2022 5:21 PM

Kyrsten is fucked. The most she can do now is run as a spoiler. Her political career is finished. She has the private sector to make $$$ but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 154December 9, 2022 5:26 PM

Is that the lesbo, tranny, or bi bitch?

I get so confused they all sound the same.

by Anonymousreply 155December 9, 2022 5:28 PM

She's not a tranny although sometimes she looks like the lost Wachowski triplet.

by Anonymousreply 156December 9, 2022 5:31 PM

More like K. Sinema (C)

by Anonymousreply 157December 9, 2022 5:48 PM

[quote]Bernie is an independent too. It doesn’t change anything in the Senate and is more honest.

She was elected as a DEMOCRAT, she has shown she lied to her voters in the way she has conducted herself and mostly importantly: Look at when she chose to do this. She is a genuinely vile piece of shit.

Ruben Gallego will take her down in '24. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 158December 9, 2022 5:50 PM

most*

by Anonymousreply 159December 9, 2022 5:51 PM

R152: That keeps it 51-49, giving us outright committee control and allowing excutive and JUDICIAL nominations to move much faster to confirmation. What Schumer is doing is making sure WE pack courts for the next 2 years. Since the House is Nazi controlled, that's the only thing we're accomplishing anyway. So that will be the focus.

by Anonymousreply 160December 9, 2022 6:00 PM

Of course Chuck let her keep her committees. He is a sniveling little peepaw of a man. He and his granny glasses are fuckin infuriating!

by Anonymousreply 161December 9, 2022 6:00 PM

Seth McFarlane with the perfect summation:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162December 9, 2022 6:03 PM

She is decidedly NOT "hot." Just sayin'.

And never ever, ever! trust a woman who calls herself "bi." That pretty much means she'll fuck anything.

by Anonymousreply 163December 9, 2022 6:04 PM

Even her statement is repugnant. She pulled a "both sides" bullshit. If you use that line, you're really just a lazy asshole who has no bar for the GOP and an impossibly high one for Dems...and you consider that equal.

by Anonymousreply 164December 9, 2022 6:05 PM

R138 "The misogyny on this site is palpable."

This is a fucking gay website. Not Lilith Fair, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 165December 9, 2022 6:05 PM

R160 Yeah, assuming that Kyrsten votes the Dem line. Which she has very much not proven that she will do. Don't be naive.

by Anonymousreply 166December 9, 2022 6:07 PM

That she votes against Democrats generally/legislatively won't impact judicial appointments, R166. Letting Sinema retain her committee assignments was the smart move on Schumer's part (although he didn't have much choice).

by Anonymousreply 167December 9, 2022 6:15 PM

Okay okay! My music sucks!

by Anonymousreply 168December 9, 2022 6:16 PM

She is probably doing this so she doesn't have a challenger in the 2024 primaries. Maybe a strong Democrat can challenge her as an Independent.

by Anonymousreply 169December 9, 2022 6:30 PM

Right now she's planning not to caucus with Dems or Republicans, but she wants to keep her committee assignments.

I am not surprised to see this happen, although I always think when senators do this (and it's happened before many times, with Joe Lieberman and ben nighthorse Camobell, among others), they're betraying the people who voted for them.

by Anonymousreply 170December 9, 2022 6:33 PM

R163 Yeah, that's the definition of bisexuality, we know. Why shouldn't we trust them? And why just a bi woman, why not a bi man as well?

by Anonymousreply 171December 9, 2022 6:35 PM

Her approval rating among AZ Democrats is in the toilet. At the beginning of this year, it went down as low as 8% (!). This might have been her only way to avoid being primaried, but it still won't save her.

by Anonymousreply 172December 9, 2022 7:03 PM

Ugh Biden might have to bite the bullet and name her to some stupid cabinet position. Then Katie Hobbs can name another stronger Dem to the position. I know this was mentioned upthread. I could support this.

by Anonymousreply 173December 9, 2022 7:13 PM

R155, none of the above. She's a hobo humpin' slobo-babe.

by Anonymousreply 174December 9, 2022 7:31 PM

The danger is that this might mean she's replaced by a Republican, since she will likely spit the vote in her election with the Demcoratic primary nominee.

She is a very selfish woman.

by Anonymousreply 175December 9, 2022 7:42 PM

"Groom of The Stool" would be a fitting assignment, R173

by Anonymousreply 176December 9, 2022 7:49 PM

Ruben Gallego is going to primary her

by Anonymousreply 177December 9, 2022 8:11 PM

Amy K should throw a stapler at her.

by Anonymousreply 178December 9, 2022 8:22 PM

This doesn't change anything other than as one political writer wrote,

"Kyrsten Sinema announces her retirement two years early".

He's right.

by Anonymousreply 179December 9, 2022 8:24 PM

I don’t think she would even run in the primaries, r177. But I’m not sure. No doubt Repukes will fund her, hoping she takes votes away from the Dem.

by Anonymousreply 180December 9, 2022 8:47 PM

Sinema simply has no base in her home state. Republicans like her more than do Democrats and independents, but probably only because they think she "owns the libs." They'll vote for a MAGAt over her. If the Republicans refuse to run anyone against her, their voters would have little motivation to even turn out.

by Anonymousreply 181December 9, 2022 9:13 PM

Democrats don't like her, and most Republicans would be very suspicious of the fact that she caucuses with the Democrats. Her only bright spot is if she's known by some voters for performing good constituent service

by Anonymousreply 182December 9, 2022 9:28 PM

I have a stapler in my office with this bitch’s name on it.

by Anonymousreply 183December 9, 2022 9:50 PM

More like Krusty Enema.

What a nut job! What is her focus besides garnering attention and kickbacks for herself?

I cannot even look at her, she’s as repulsive as Tom Cotton and all those other inbred hillbilly-looking politicians.

Has she shut up about being bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 184December 10, 2022 12:04 AM

She's a grifting traitor. Someone mentioned on a thread, that she might turn repub. I put it out of my mind....after the good news on Tuesday, this bitch would pull a stunt like this....and she did, though as an independent. I believe Citizens United has really contributed to the worsening of our politicians...and the country. Billionaires, corporations and big pharmas have free rein (sp?) to throw as much money, and at any time, to politicians. There's no cap or limit. Politicians like Sinema just succumb to it and take advantage...it's too enticing for some not be bought out and sell out. Fucking cunt. Now...Manchin is back in the make or break power seat, again? Unbelievable...

by Anonymousreply 185December 10, 2022 12:11 AM

I just can’t with this lazy drama girl.

And what are her values? She is a fucking pathological liar

by Anonymousreply 186December 10, 2022 12:15 AM

This is truly unforgivable after our exuberant win in GA. She is making it seem like Democrats are equally as radical as republicans and she can burn in hell for it. At a time we’re under a real and severe threat of losing our democracy and freedoms she pulls a bothsides BS. Unreal. She really is a nasty cunt. Her behavior has been unacceptable for a long time. She really could have been a huge star in the Democratic Party, but I suspect she has kompromat on her or some billionaires paid her off, or both. She’s revealed herself a horrible person. These types don’t last long in the Democratic Party so she bailed and bailed fast.

This is 100% to thwart a primary challenge but the cunt couldn’t wait until January? Her saying she won’t caucus with Republicans but won’t say whether she will with Democrats is beyond stupid. Ya gotta pick one.

The Senate map for Democrats in ‘24 doesn’t look good., I’m ready to cut her lose and take our chances with a 3 way race for Senate in AZ in ‘24. We aren’t likely to hold the Senate anyway so I’m ready to take our chances on a 3 way race.

The question is what will Manchin do? He’s vulnerable in ‘24 but there’s zero way we’d primary him or field D challenger if he went Independent. He likely won’t go republican since he really hates McConnell. Now, if Thune becomes majority leader all bets are off.

Also, Independent doesn’t mean you’re moderate, centrist, or non-partisan. Some of the most radical are so called Independents.

Fuck this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 187December 10, 2022 12:34 AM

She can't be primaried if she's not a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 188December 10, 2022 12:35 AM

We know that R188 which is why she made this move.

I’m not sure Gallegos is the right person to be the D nominee.

Biden does need to make her an offer she can’t refuse so Katie Hobbs can replace her with a sane, stable person.

At least Manchin pulled the ultimate fast one on Republicans and completely fucked them over by saying BBB was dead, then secretly negotiating with Schumer and Biden to rescue part of it. Of course she pulled a little stunt to get some things removed/changed like tax increases on the rich (if ever there was a revealing move into her true self this was it). I never thought Manchin had that in him. She would never think of such a thing. Manchin is corrupt but he loves to stick it to his corp donors sometimes. She is such a repellent person in every way.

by Anonymousreply 189December 10, 2022 12:41 AM

Apparently, this is about her continuing to cozy up to her corporate donors. She has no interest in the little people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190December 10, 2022 12:45 AM

Donors, huh?

This bitch needs a fucking brain donor.

by Anonymousreply 191December 10, 2022 12:56 AM

Who are her billionaire donors? Who is her handler?

by Anonymousreply 192December 10, 2022 1:16 AM

Everyone on television is saying she's not going to run again when her term is over. That's why she switched to independent - she doesn't really care at this point, she just wants to finish off her term. Someone here said Biden should make her an ambassador - great idea. She leaves the Senate, and the Dem Guv appoints a Dem Senator (Ruben) to fill her seat for the remainder of her term.

by Anonymousreply 193December 10, 2022 1:16 AM

I don't think she'll be a factor in 2024 primaries. Her only true supporters are corporate donors.

Think of her latest stunt as little more than sending her resume to FOX News once she's out on her ass in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 194December 10, 2022 1:20 AM

I hope her pussy lips fall off.

by Anonymousreply 195December 10, 2022 1:21 AM

Well, at least if anything should unfortunately happen to her in the remainder of her term, there's a Dem. governor to right things.

If.

by Anonymousreply 196December 10, 2022 1:26 AM

Haven’t read the other posts, but has it been made clear that, apart from any ‘24 implications, this is of no immediate consequence? Instead of the Dems having a 51-49 majority, with the 2 independents (Sanders & King) caucusing with them, the Senate breakdown will be 50-49, with one independent. The Senate Dems will still have their newfound subpoena power.

by Anonymousreply 197December 10, 2022 1:35 AM

Can we send her to Indonesia? Do they need a new ambassador?

Make her wear a fucking burka.

by Anonymousreply 198December 10, 2022 1:36 AM

Lezzby. She is one of those who claims to be BI but we all know she doesn't do dick.

by Anonymousreply 199December 10, 2022 1:38 AM

Krusty Enema might not do dick, but she sure is one.

by Anonymousreply 200December 10, 2022 1:39 AM

R197 tell that to R187, girl is losing it.

People need to get a grip, or read more. Effectively nothing is different today than was yesterday. Sienna has been around long enough for people to be familiar with her and not fall to pieces.

by Anonymousreply 201December 10, 2022 1:57 AM

^ *Sinema

by Anonymousreply 202December 10, 2022 1:58 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 203December 10, 2022 2:15 AM

Really, R203?!? Do you think West Virginia’s going to deliver us another Democrat? A more progressive one? SMH.

by Anonymousreply 204December 10, 2022 2:22 AM

This lazy drama gurl is stating she is no longer a member of the Democratic Party. She is saying she is changing her political party status officially to the independent party.

This means she is not going to run as a Democratic Party candidate in the 2024 election. Therefore, she cannot be primaried, aka lose big time in the Democratic Primary. Though she can always change back, and of course, she always causes chaos and problems.

People are also concerned this is the first step of an independent run as a third party funded by Elon Musk. She is very unpopular among Democrats and Arizonans, so who will this stunt hurt, the Democrats? It may actually hurt the Republican Party more? So it is a stupid, risky stunt for the Republicans to pull.

She is a pathological, very disturbed person.

by Anonymousreply 205December 10, 2022 2:50 AM

Billionaires, Elon among them, are 100% behind this chaos. Chaos and division agents are being well funded by them.

Watch “Deep in the Pockets of Texas” to see how easy TWO billionaires can own the entire state lege of a huge state like Texas.

Billionaires are a thread to national security

by Anonymousreply 206December 10, 2022 2:53 AM

^ you’re a thread to society

by Anonymousreply 207December 10, 2022 2:57 AM

R207, huh? Are you addressing a seamstress?

by Anonymousreply 208December 10, 2022 3:17 AM

Mehdi Hasan

[quote] A reminder: America has no higher minimum wage, no extended child tax credits, and no voting rights protections because of Kyrsten Sinema.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209December 10, 2022 3:27 AM

Where is Jared Lee Loughner when you need him? This cunt needs to be Gabby Giffordsed.

by Anonymousreply 210December 10, 2022 3:46 AM

R210 Speaking of, remember when Palin put crosshairs on congresspeople including Giffords? Then she was shot point blank in the forehead yet lived? That should have been made a much bigger deal. The violent rhetoric from the Right has long been ignored or excused. The whole birther thing should have been called out and made a bigger deal. This was serious, hugely serious shit the media, and let’s face it, all of us just let go too easily. Our media is marching us over the fascist cliff.

by Anonymousreply 211December 10, 2022 3:51 AM

R209, I was about to post his tweet, because it was excellent to remind people what absolute shit person she is.

by Anonymousreply 212December 10, 2022 4:00 AM

Ruben Gallego isn't a good replacement -he's too left wing to appeal state-wide in Arizona. Republican Governor Doug Ducey crushed his left wing opponent (David Garcia) by 14 pts in 2018, the same year that Sinema won with a 'moderate' message. There is a lot of vote-splitting in Arizona. The electorate needs someone like Mark Kelly. I quite like Kris Mayes, the new attorney general for example, but think that Arizona needs time to get to know her.

by Anonymousreply 213December 10, 2022 5:08 AM

I agree. I don’t think Ruben is a good fit. Kelly votes very progressive, but talks very moderate. That’s the shit people like. Progressive policy is so popular but don’t dare call it progressive policy.

by Anonymousreply 214December 10, 2022 5:27 AM

R199 This must be news to her ex husband and to Keith Olbermann, who she dated.

by Anonymousreply 215December 10, 2022 11:24 AM

NYT:

"Until recently, Sinema has seemed to delight in the power an evenly split Senate gave her, which she used to benefit the financial and pharmaceutical industries. Negotiating the Inflation Reduction Act, she single-handedly stopped Democrats from closing the carried interest loophole, a provision that significantly cuts the tax bills of Wall Street investors. And Sinema insisted on narrowing the part of the law meant to bring down prescription drug prices, earning criticism even from Joe Manchin, the centrist West Virginia Democrat with whom she is frequently aligned."

by Anonymousreply 216December 10, 2022 11:45 AM

"In an AARP poll, a decisive majority of voters in every demographic group, including independents, viewed her unfavorably. It’s one thing to be independent on behalf of your voters. It’s another to be independent from them."

by Anonymousreply 217December 10, 2022 11:47 AM

R216 R217 Respectfully, you should really include attribution when quoting opinion columnists. It’s a courtesy when it’s reportage by a journalist, because the masthead is sufficient. But for opinion columnists it’s necessary. Yours are from Michele Goldberg. A fine opinion columnist but she has a very clear political leaning and is sometimes not well researched before being sensationalist.

I am a democrat but I agreed with Sinema on the Inflation “Reduction” Act. Clever branding by democrats, but it wasn’t a realistic attempt to effect anything of the sort. Most economists agree, the bill that ultimately passed, if it did anything it was more likely to add to inflationary pressure even if marginally. It might have have good intent but it turned into a partisan wish list, as so much legislation does. The carried interest loophole is an attempt to tax one capital stream for a third time, and more than that if you follow it downstream to liquidation. Closing it [italic]would necessarily[/italic] depress investment and productivity. The economic data is unequivocal and not debated seriously. It’s not about getting a bite out of the apple, it’s about getting 4 bites out of the same apple. Either take a bigger bite, or find different apples.

by Anonymousreply 218December 10, 2022 12:41 PM

She’s not as pretty as she thinks she is. But in DC & AZ…

by Anonymousreply 219December 10, 2022 1:11 PM

In DC and AZ, she's a 7/10 and everywhere else, a 3 or 4/10.

by Anonymousreply 220December 10, 2022 1:20 PM

She’s a solid 5.

by Anonymousreply 221December 10, 2022 1:21 PM

[quote] Here’s hypocrite sellout Kyrsten Sinema bashing Joe Lieberman for doing exactly what she is doing now.

[quote] Lieberman similarly switched from Democrat to Independent while in the Senate. (Lieberman basically became the #1 Senate troll, blocked progress, and faded into irrelevance.)

[quote] Please also remember that Joe Lieberman is the reason - the only reason - that everyone over 50 doesn’t have Medicare. He single-handedly stopped it. I wonder how many people have suffered (or worse) in the years since…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222December 10, 2022 1:37 PM

She's a muppet.

by Anonymousreply 223December 10, 2022 1:37 PM

R218: You're not a Democrat, you're a concern troll. A very obvious one. Cut the crap.

by Anonymousreply 224December 10, 2022 5:37 PM

I think she’s wonderful!

by Anonymousreply 225December 10, 2022 5:52 PM

This thread shows up in the thread watcher as KRISTYN FUCKING SINEMA HAS CHANGED HER P..., and for a second I always think it's saying Kyrsten Sinema changed her pronouns. Which also seems believable.

by Anonymousreply 226December 10, 2022 5:57 PM

R218 - sources for your claims? You criticize the opinion piece but then think your statements should be taken without question.

by Anonymousreply 227December 10, 2022 6:01 PM

R218 I have a masters in economics but you don’t need one to use Google. The CBO and with some caution the OMB are a good place to start in any fiscal policy discussion.

I read the Act also. But again, you don’t have to read it to use Google. It was a tax and spend giveaway, which is not necessarily a problem for me but I do look closer at what’s being taxed and where it’s being spent. The Act is easy to read, it will have little impact on fiscal mechanisms with an effect on inflation. It did spend a whole hell of a lot of money on unrelated stuff and it’s net effect on deficits is mostly neutral, ~$8B annually in a $30T economy. Great work!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228December 10, 2022 7:14 PM

Inflation is global, but the Act did help costs on many things. It also taxed things that needed to be taxed. It also spent on the bottom 90% which was desperately needed. Only shills for the rich fall for the “spending on the average person causes inflation” BS. Our current situation is global.

We have less than 90% of the wealth in less than 10% of people. How does that not piss every one of you off? It is mathematically unsustainable and puts way too much power in the hands of too few.

by Anonymousreply 229December 10, 2022 10:32 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 230December 11, 2022 2:11 PM

Sinema has the Democrats just where she wants them. They cannot afford to lose this seat & having a democrat in the general could ensure a Republican winning. As appalling as it is, we have to play ball with her.

by Anonymousreply 231December 11, 2022 8:47 PM

^ if we don't, say hello to Sen. Kelli Lake.

by Anonymousreply 232December 11, 2022 8:48 PM

Republicans are going to run someone against her and the Democratic candidate. They know she is a spoiler for Democrats

by Anonymousreply 233December 11, 2022 8:53 PM

Assuming Sinema runs again, TPTB will prevail on Arizona Democrats & there won't be a Democratic nominee.

by Anonymousreply 234December 11, 2022 9:25 PM

I'm not so sure that she'll be a spoiler for the Democrats. A local political reporters keep saying, she's lost her support in AZ among Democratic voters. They'll overwhelmingly back whatever Democrat wins the primary. Sinema could also draw the saner Republicans away from Kari Lake or whatever MAGA wins the Republican primary.

by Anonymousreply 235December 11, 2022 9:43 PM

Mark my words. There won't be a Democratic Arizona nominee.

by Anonymousreply 236December 11, 2022 9:44 PM

I'll drink those tears, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 237December 11, 2022 9:46 PM

Sinema's mutually assured destruction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238December 11, 2022 9:52 PM

Kari Lake. How soon we forget.

by Anonymousreply 239December 11, 2022 11:55 PM

This is a good interview with US Representative Ruben Gallego. It was in All in with Chris Hayes today.

I think he can defeat her, if she runs as an independent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240December 13, 2022 4:50 AM

The interview with Rep. Ruben Gallego is timestamp around 29.00. This is with Chris Hayes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241December 13, 2022 4:55 AM

The dems already have two indies who work with them so what's one more?

Doesn't she vote leftwing about 93% of the time anyway?

by Anonymousreply 242December 13, 2022 5:45 AM

I cannot believe Dems would be so suicidal as to run a candidate against her. The ‘24 map is brutal enough to have to worry about electing a Republican senator from Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 243December 13, 2022 8:16 AM

R243 She won’t win as an Independent with no Democrat running. She is not liked by ANY ethnic, age, or politically affiliated group. She’s a total loopy bitch and deserves to lose by her sinking the $15 min wage and higher taxes on the rich single-handedly. She gotten way too cozy with corps and R donors.

by Anonymousreply 244December 13, 2022 10:46 AM

R244, as we know, it’s a monumental task for an incumbent senator to be defeated. Sinema may not be beloved, or even “beliked,” but she’ll wipe the floor against, say, Kerri Lake.

by Anonymousreply 245December 13, 2022 11:20 AM

Winning against a MAGA crazy, I could see. But not if the Republicans pick a normal Republican like Doug Ducey. (Quite a few registered Republicans and independents voted Dem because of the crazy.)

by Anonymousreply 246December 13, 2022 11:22 AM

And even against Kari Lake, the margin was very small for Hobbs. Sinema's approval rating is negative amongst all groups so I am not convinced that her coalition will be motivated to turn out to vote for her again. It wouldn't take much with such small margins.

by Anonymousreply 247December 13, 2022 11:24 AM

Independents, obviously, will be attracted to the "independent" brand of Sinema (even if her "independence" is more of a self-serving nature). And, especially, in a close, two-person, race, their support can be decisive.

by Anonymousreply 248December 13, 2022 11:47 AM

[quote] I am not convinced that her coalition will be motivated to turn out to vote for her again

According to AZ political observers she basically has no coalition—as you say, her "approval rating is negative amongst all groups"—and she has little if any ground game or campaign infrastructure outside the Democratic party. Her voting largely with the Democrats is outweighed by her signature opposition to highly popular initiatives. And in a presidential election year the Democrats have every incentive to run a Democrat against her, even if it's a long shot, in order to get their base out—they won't want to risk everything on a deeply unpopular incumbent running a campaign with no grass roots support. R248, do you have any evidence that "Independents, obviously, will be attracted to the 'independent' brand of Sinema"? That doesn't seem to be the case in Arizona polls so far.

by Anonymousreply 249December 13, 2022 11:51 AM

I just can't tell what her long range plan is. She's alienated both Dems and GOPers. What could show possibly hoping for next?

by Anonymousreply 250December 13, 2022 2:04 PM

Democrats with run the current US Representative Gallego for us senate

Republicans will run a candidate too

Sinema may or may not run as a third party candidate. No one likes her, so she quit the Democratic Party so she could not be primaried by Gallego within the Democratic Party. The Dems are running Gallego.

Why aren’t people getting this?

by Anonymousreply 251December 14, 2022 12:36 AM

[quote]Why aren’t people getting this?

People think that The Powers That Be may decide to not run a Dem candidate and get behind Sinema regardless kind of like how a Dem doesn't run against Sanders in Vermont (I'm not convinced). But it is neither confirmed that Sinema nor Gallego are running, so let's see what they decide

by Anonymousreply 252December 14, 2022 3:59 AM

As for why I don't think Gallego is a sure bet to run even though he's been making all the moves so far: He has a super safe House of Reps seat. If he does not think he can credibly win the Senate seat, he'd lose that safe seat, at least in the short term. I am sure that there's a lot of research and thinking going on about that behind the scenes. Gallego has even said that his mother wants him to talk to her before he makes a decision.

Personally my gut feeling is that Gallego would lose a Senate run. I don't think he's a good candidate for Arizona. He doesn't have charisma or gravitas and is too left wing for a purple state. However, I could be wrong and obviously there are complications to do with who the GOP runs and whether Sinema runs too.

by Anonymousreply 253December 14, 2022 4:18 AM

Sinema was too left wing as well. She ran more moderate, but just barely. Gallegos could do the same although I agree he’s not the best candidate.

We are likely to lose this seat anyway. Sinema could have kept this seat had she acted like a normal person but nooooo the cunt just had to act like a fucking clown. Seriously, she must have some kompromat on her. She’d have been comfortable in that seat otherwise. Stupid bitch.

She would NOT win even if Democrats didn’t field a candidate and Rs fielded Kari Lake or Blake Masters. Why? You think Ds are going to be enthusiastic enough to vote for this bitch? Hell no. You think maga is going to vote for her if Rs fielded a normal R? Hell no. Kiss this seat goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 254December 14, 2022 10:41 AM

Fucking lesbian drama.

Is there a U-haul parked in front of her house yet?

by Anonymousreply 255December 14, 2022 10:46 AM

This is all on moderates & centrists who want to keep liberals in check. This is the garbage politician they fall for hook, line, and sinker.

by Anonymousreply 256December 14, 2022 10:46 AM

R252

The difference is Sanders by and far has supported Democratic policies. He’s no Sinema and Manchin.

by Anonymousreply 257December 14, 2022 10:49 AM

[quote]Sinema was too left wing as well.

She wasn't. Her House of Representatives voting record showed her to be one of the most conservative Dems. I guess you're referring to how she used to be much more left wing when younger but her voting record in the House was moderate.

by Anonymousreply 258December 14, 2022 10:51 AM

R257 The Powers That Be will likely end up supporting whoever they think can win, not really based on their policies. (A Kyrsten Sinema is still better than a Republican after all.)

Which makes me think that they are more likely to end up not supporting Sinema because her approval ratings are so bad with every group.

by Anonymousreply 259December 14, 2022 10:53 AM

R254 There are stories coming out about Sinema that aren’t flattering. Could some of it be just Ds bashing her? Yes, but it is coming fast and from many directions. It paints a very unflattering picture of a principle-less, narcissistic, quite possibly sociopath. She really seems like an exhausting, terrible person.

It really is stunning to see how hard and fast she screwed Democrats. She was even to the Right of Manchin (although both very Centrist) on many big issues. He was even willing to tax the rich and spend more for the bottom 90%. She just imploded. She never passed up an opportunity to fuck over Democrats when they had good news.

by Anonymousreply 260December 14, 2022 10:55 AM

So that she can scapegoat any shit she gets for supporting whichever party's agenda fits her's at THAT moment. ' "Well, I supported this policy because I believed in it BUT I'm NOT one of them, so it's NOT my fault"

by Anonymousreply 261December 14, 2022 11:29 AM

She was at the RFMA signing at the White House yesterday and was super hungry for attention. You could feel the cringing whenever her name was mentioned - which was usually rushed to prevent booing. All the hugging and scanning around for friendly faces isn’t going to change the math. She now has zero chance of remaining a Senator after 2024.

by Anonymousreply 262December 14, 2022 11:31 AM

She did it to herself.

by Anonymousreply 263December 14, 2022 4:58 PM

She legit posted a reply on Twitter with 5 supposed constituents of hers, 1 D, 1 Indie, 3 Rs, and said, “SEE, I do have support!”. What a clueless bitch.

I could call her office, say I support her and I am a D, I, or R. She has zero chance even if a D doesn’t run. Ds will not show up for her, will skip that race, and Rs won’t vote for her if a maga runs (there aren’t enough sane Rs in AZ and Ds are soft on her) or a normal R (maga will never show up for her, and Ds are soft on her). The math doesn’t work, but be deluded, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 264December 14, 2022 10:05 PM

I am sure that more polls will ask but here's a November 2021 poll from OH Predictive. They asked Arizonans whether their preferred senator was Kyrsten Sinema, a 'Democrat other than Sinema' or a Republican. Amongst all registered voters Sinema got 26%, the Democrat 36% and the Republican 38%. In polling terms, that's effectively tied between the Republican and Democrat. Whoever the candidates are could change that calculation e.g. if the Republican is an unappealing MAGA candidate like Blake Masters or a normal and appealing one like John McCain.

But it doesn't look great for Sinema from the get go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265December 15, 2022 2:03 AM

R265 And she’s more unpopular now among all parties, ages, races. She’s united us-against her.

by Anonymousreply 266December 15, 2022 3:14 AM

R266 Agree, that is such an old poll, 1 year old. A lot has happened since so I'll be looking out for more polls asking that kind of question.

by Anonymousreply 267December 15, 2022 3:24 AM

This bitch again

by Anonymousreply 268December 15, 2022 3:29 AM

She'll be running with the most important "I" next to her on the ballot. Incumbent. As bitter a pill it will be to swallow - & I was one who, while demurring from the Manchin animus, shared the DL disgust with Sinema - if the Dems want to preserve a seat in the midst of a brutal map, they won't field their own candidate.

by Anonymousreply 269December 15, 2022 2:05 PM

It seems like every election cycle is supposed to be a bad one for Senate Democrats, but 2024 really looks horrible. Democratic or Independent Seats are up in Ohio, West Virginia, Arizona, and Montana. And Nevada will be tight. Ugh 😩

by Anonymousreply 270December 15, 2022 2:10 PM

R269, you keep saying that, but since she's been senator, polling consistently shows that she has less and less support among Democrats and D-leaning independents—along with devastatingly high name recognition. Moreover, right now she has very little campaign infrastructure of her own, and there's little incentive for campaign workers and strategists to join her team. Her incumbency just isn't as strong a force as for the average politician.

by Anonymousreply 271December 15, 2022 2:14 PM

She has to post tweets because she sure as hell won't actually meet with constituents

by Anonymousreply 272December 15, 2022 2:15 PM

Yes, watch out for the polling that will probably come. Dems will be watching that. If Sinema continues to not be able to poll close to either a generic Republican or Dem, then Dems have nothing to lose by running a Dem.

They will go with whoever has more chance of actually winning.

by Anonymousreply 273December 15, 2022 2:17 PM

Any more updates about Crispy Enema and her political antics?

by Anonymousreply 274December 15, 2022 2:17 PM

Or her blue wigs?

by Anonymousreply 275December 15, 2022 2:23 PM

R274 I saw this today - seems like this is how she spends her time and how she seems to have a different outfit every time I see her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276December 15, 2022 2:23 PM

R271, has it escaped your attention that not a single incumbent senator - not one - lost re-election this year? Arizona has a reputation for electing maverick-type pols & Sinema, notwithstanding current polls, will be able to make a strong appeal to Arizona voters. I strongly believe, however unsavory I find her to be, she would have the best chance of "keeping" that seat. And allowing us to allocate resources elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 277December 15, 2022 2:23 PM

R277 Which is unusual. Incumbents do sometimes lose. And Sinema's case is massively complicated by that she is now an Independents. Independents rarely win. Yes, yes, Bernie and Angus but they are not remotely comparable because they solidly vote with Dems. Sinema is in a swing state with small margins and her conduct has made herself unpopular with every group.

by Anonymousreply 278December 15, 2022 2:29 PM

In Chuck Todd's podcast, I just heard Cornell Belcher advocate my very point. That the Dems have to get behind Sinema.

by Anonymousreply 279December 15, 2022 2:34 PM

The I for Independent cancels out the incumbency effect in my opinion. Dems will decide based on what the polling says anyway. I am not going to assume anything right now.

by Anonymousreply 280December 15, 2022 2:35 PM

Doesn't seem like she's popular with some of her Senate colleagues according to Gallego (I know that he's not unbiased a source).

"There have been some senators that have encouraged me to run," Gallego told CBS News on Wednesday. "There are some senators, some of Sen. Sinema's colleagues, that are encouraging me to run."

Gallego did not identify which of Sinema's Senate colleagues are telling him to run against her. But he predicted they would "absolutely" support him if he decides to run for Senate next year.

by Anonymousreply 281December 15, 2022 2:38 PM

[quote] Independents rarely win.

Because they're rarely incumbents. Incumbent Joe Lieberman ran as in independent in '06 - after losing the Democratic primary - & won re-election.

by Anonymousreply 282December 15, 2022 2:39 PM

R240, I like Gallego and obviously hope he wins if he runs, but I wasn't impressed when I heard him speak. Very repetitive.

by Anonymousreply 283December 15, 2022 2:41 PM

The cartoons this week have a theme about Sinema....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284December 15, 2022 2:43 PM

Another cartoon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285December 15, 2022 2:43 PM

her pussy is bought and sold by lobbyists

by Anonymousreply 286December 15, 2022 2:46 PM

R282 33% of Democrats, 54% of Independents, and 70% of Republicans voted for Joe Lieberman (CNN).

That means a TON of Republicans voted for him. Will Kyrsten Sinema be able to get enough Republicans to move to vote for her? I doubt it in a swing state. Lieberman was in a blue state (Connecticut) so Republicans pretty much knew that their candidate wouldn't be able to win. That's not the case in Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 287December 15, 2022 2:52 PM

[quote] Sinema, notwithstanding current polls, will be able to make a strong appeal to Arizona voters

You keep pinning everything on her Independent status holding strong appeal in itself, but there are too many variables to be certain. Her case is nothing like that of Lieberman, who had antagonized much of the CT Democratic base because of his support for the Iraq occupation (and moralistic scolding of Clinton), but who didn't—yet—make obstructionism and opposition to popular measures a signature. Cf. what R287 just posted.

by Anonymousreply 288December 15, 2022 2:54 PM

R287, there WAS a democratic nominee - Ned Lamont - in that election. He couldn't win in the general in a solidly blue state. The incumbent, newly-minted independent, won. A Democrat (Gallegos ??) will certainly not win in a three-way race in a swing, not blue, state. So the question is, would you rather swallow a bitter pill & see Sinema re-elected, or see that seat go to a republican?

by Anonymousreply 289December 15, 2022 3:04 PM

R289 My personal opinion that both Sinema or Gallego are likely to lose regardless although a lot depends on the candidate Republicans pick of course.

by Anonymousreply 290December 15, 2022 3:10 PM

[quote]if the Dems want to preserve a seat in the midst of a brutal map, they won't field their own candidate.

That won't be possible, thanks to Arizona's nomination process. If someone gets the necessary 6.7k signatures to qualify for the Democratic Party in the primary, they'll make it on the ballot [italic]without the party having the ability to pull them off[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 291December 15, 2022 3:13 PM

R291 If that's true then we're going to be seeing a 3-way race regardless which Sinema is almost certainly to lose going by that Nov 2021 poll, so it would be better for all Dems to get behind the Dem candidate. Get the popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 292December 15, 2022 3:16 PM

[quote] If someone gets the necessary 6.7k signatures to qualify for the Democratic Party in the primary, they'll make it on the ballot without the party having the ability to pull them off.

But if - as I suspect is likely to happen - Joe Biden, running for re-election, endorses Sinema, it's effectively game over for any democrat.

by Anonymousreply 293December 15, 2022 3:20 PM

Do people really vote based on another politician's endorsement even if it's the president? I have never heard that of being a big factor. Just look at how many of Trump's candidates flopped.

by Anonymousreply 294December 15, 2022 3:23 PM

And Biden is going to endorse the candidate who is most likely to win. So if Sinema continues to poll behind both the Dem and Republican candidate, Biden is highly unlikely to endorse the Independent.

by Anonymousreply 295December 15, 2022 3:24 PM

JFC r294, yes yes yes, they do. Is it a vast majority of voters? No. But it doesn’t take much to shift a race with the tight margins we are seeing across the country. So even if it’s just .05% of Dem voters who “obey” a Biden endorsement, that is sometimes all we need.

by Anonymousreply 296December 15, 2022 3:41 PM

.05% is tiny - strange number to choose when she's going to need a lot more than that. And well, if a Dem candidate *can't* be pulled (I find it hard to see the AZ Dem party not getting the sigs for someone - it doesn't take a lot), Biden is going to endorse the Dem anyway if Sinema doesn't improve her polling by a lot.

---------

The buzz amongst Arizona Republicans is that Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb may run for Senate. He is well-liked amongst all Republicans there apparently and importantly has the support of Kari Lake so they think he could win a primary. Lamb has said that he will 'pray with his wife' and make a decision in early 2023.

by Anonymousreply 297December 15, 2022 3:52 PM

Just now I was distracted by a phone call and scrolling my Twitter, while I glanced at my laptop while trying to plug it in and I thought I saw "Kyrsten Sinema Has An Only Fans"

And that made sense.

by Anonymousreply 298December 15, 2022 4:25 PM

[quote] And Biden is going to endorse the candidate who is most likely to win. So if Sinema continues to poll behind both the Dem and Republican candidate, Biden is highly unlikely to endorse the Independent.

Biden will endorse Sinema if for no other reason than he needs her inside the tent for the next two years. And if the national party, from Biden on down, endorses Sinema, funding for any democrat will be essentially nonexistent, thus deterring any serious Dem from running.

by Anonymousreply 299December 15, 2022 6:53 PM

R299 They are certainly playing nice with Sinema now because they need her on side to maintain the Senate for the next two years but Biden has NO requirement to endorse anyone anytime soon and watch, he won't. But when the time comes (much closer to the election) you can be absolutely sure that they will look at the situation and endorse the candidate most likely to win. Perhaps Biden won't even endorse anyone, who knows.

by Anonymousreply 300December 15, 2022 7:14 PM

Omg, another reason to dislike Sinema. Please, Arizona, get rid of her.

"Sen. Sinema (something-AZ) is up now. She's another huge crypto promoter, and is talking up crypto's appeal to those skeptical of governments and centralized control."

by Anonymousreply 301December 15, 2022 8:54 PM

Pushing crypto just as it's collapsing for all the world to see? Oh dear. So, like Tulsi or Musk, she's just letting all her rightwing nutso urges hang out now?

by Anonymousreply 302December 15, 2022 9:10 PM

Sinema cannot win. She is NOT LIKED by INDEPENDENTS in ARIZONA. What don’t some of you get? NO GROUP likes her.

You cannot gin up enough D enthusiasm for her to get enough D and I votes to win. Even flake Lake almost won against the only statewide elected Democrat.

She is very unpopular with EVERY ONE. Just saying you’re “Independent” doesn’t make you a centrist, or moderate, or an independent thinker. This was a scummy move. Instead of acting like a normal person instead of always wanting attention by fucking your party every time they have momentum, she figures this is her best option. It may be her best option, but she loses with a D in the race or not. She’ll come in 3rd behind a D and R.

by Anonymousreply 303December 15, 2022 11:23 PM

‘She Made an Idiot Out of Me’

Conversations with Kyrsten Sinema’s former canvassers reveal anger and disappointment with the newly independent senator from Arizona.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304December 15, 2022 11:36 PM

Members of her team attempted to confront her last year, she has let them down. When confronted by her supporters, she ran into the toilet.

Really, bitch?

by Anonymousreply 305December 15, 2022 11:38 PM

[quote] This bitch is a useless twat.

when was this NOT true?

by Anonymousreply 306December 15, 2022 11:39 PM

She has pretty much no support in AZ. Even those who canvassed for her are now saying they'll be actively helping her opponents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307December 15, 2022 11:40 PM

Oops, apologies - didn't notice that the article was already posted by R304^^

by Anonymousreply 308December 15, 2022 11:41 PM

If she cannot win, R303, she surely won’t run, right?

by Anonymousreply 309December 15, 2022 11:41 PM

Not a problem,r308. It is an interesting article

by Anonymousreply 310December 15, 2022 11:43 PM

She'll run in hopes of being a spoiler and also because she's deluded and thinks there's a constituency out there for a politician who mostly votes on the liberal side but makes a brand out of screwing that side over on big issues.

by Anonymousreply 311December 15, 2022 11:48 PM

As David A. Graham wrote in The Atlantic last week, Sinema’s move is flashy but comes from a place of weakness.

She seems vulnerable to a challenge from not only the left but also the center.

Arizona just elected a full slate of establishment Democrats in a year far less favorable than 2018, when Sinema won her seat.

It’s unclear if the campaign arm of the Senate Democrats will even support her next time around.

What’s more, 2024 is a presidential-election year in an era when split-ticket voting is rare.

Although Sinema is an incumbent, her sour relationship with the Arizona Democratic Party means she will not benefit from party infrastructure, for fundraising or mobilization.

They don’t know what to expect from her, and she feels no obligation to explain publicly what she believes, or why she believes it.

That’s her prerogative.

But it’s also the prerogative of people who lent Sinema their time and reputation to now turn against her.

In bitter irony, the volunteers who cut their teeth working to get her elected may be among those working the hardest to defeat her.

by Anonymousreply 312December 15, 2022 11:52 PM

Sinema is toast in 2024, thank God. Her "I" won't save her.

Fucking lesbian drama.

by Anonymousreply 313December 16, 2022 4:32 AM

"Sen. Kyrsten Sinema has taken the formal step of filing paperwork as an independent candidate for 2024, even though she hasn’t publicly said if she will seek reelection.

Filing a statement of candidacy doesn’t bind Ms. Sinema to a run, but it does allow her to raise money. "

She has $8m at hand at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 314December 16, 2022 5:02 AM

She’ll have plenty of dark billionaire cash.

by Anonymousreply 315December 16, 2022 10:49 AM

Won't the billionaire's prefer to send their dark money to a Republican candidate, who unlike Sinema will have the benefit of a campaign infrastructure and party support?

by Anonymousreply 316December 16, 2022 11:31 AM

Ugh, *billionaires*—plural

by Anonymousreply 317December 16, 2022 11:41 AM

They would certainly prefer the Republican but I find with a lot of rich companies/billionaires that they like to hedge their bets and they will also see her as potentially a great spoiler.

by Anonymousreply 318December 16, 2022 12:05 PM

HuffPost

"If Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (I-Ariz.) decides to run for reelection next year, she’ll do so without the help of the big-name Democratic ad makers and pollsters who helped her win her Senate seat in 2018, and without access to the voter database maintained by the Democratic Party.

NGP VAN, which manages Democratic voter data, is set to cut off Sinema’s access at the end of January, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation. The ad makers who worked with her in 2018, Dixon/Davis Media Group, have split with her campaign. Two other Democratic sources said polling firm Impact Research made the same decision."

by Anonymousreply 319December 22, 2022 1:20 AM

Looks like the hit pieces are coming.

The Daily Beast has been leaked a copy of Sinema's 37-page handbook for staffers. The short of it is that she's a diva/pain in the ass compared to other senators to the point the she may be breaking senate ethics rules. The Senate ethics handbook states that “staff are compensated for the purpose of assisting Senators in their official legislative and representational duties, and not for the purpose of performing personal or other non-official activities for themselves or on behalf of others.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320December 22, 2022 9:42 AM

First poll out, by PPP, for Ruben Gallego's campaign.

Lake 41%, Gallego 40%, Sinema 13%.

This is a partisan poll, so don't trust the numbers which will have been massaged to say what Gallego's campaign wants - it's notable that they picked Lake as the GOP candidate (I think it's more likely to be someone else - if it's Ducey for example, this poll would probably be crushing for Gallego). But broadly, in principle, Sinema coming third and not being competitive fits with my expectations.

by Anonymousreply 321December 22, 2022 11:01 PM

And mine, too, R321. She steadily alienated her base, thinking (or at least purporting to think) that she had some kind of wild appeal among "independents."

by Anonymousreply 322December 22, 2022 11:05 PM

R322 Problem is that she has $8m at hand which is already enough to run a Senate campaign. I know that she doesn't like losing though so that's the biggest reason she may decide not to run - it would be a bit ignominious.

It's very hard for me to see the local AZ Dems not running a candidate. They are just so DONE with her going by pretty much everything I'm reading about this. She doesn't engage with them, and barely with constituents. The Daily Beast hit piece above talks about how she schedules just half an hour a week for constituents and they only get two minutes each in that half an hour. She has not been winning friends except with corporates and some Republicans. But she's still too liberal policy-wise for Republicans to switch en masse in a state where a genuine Republican candidate will be competitive.

by Anonymousreply 323December 23, 2022 12:22 AM

That woman needs a swift kick. Fuck her and her Ironman competitions.

by Anonymousreply 324December 23, 2022 12:58 AM

Another poll has come out, this time by Blueprint Polling:

Lake 36%, Gallego 32%, Sinema 14%

V. similar number for Sinema.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325January 13, 2023 1:18 AM

S'enema, still a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 326January 13, 2023 1:28 AM

Well this is working out very well for her.

by Anonymousreply 327January 13, 2023 1:29 AM

Sinema is fucked. Yet another pollster (OH Predictive) has Gallego polling over 10% than her in every scenario. It's becoming clear that Dems want a real Dem and Republicans want a real Republican. She can't win as an independent, incumbent or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328February 16, 2023 10:09 PM

What did this dumbass think she was doing?

by Anonymousreply 329February 16, 2023 10:22 PM

Hopefully, these negative polls will deter Sinema from running. But I don’t see Gallego winning a general in Arizona, especially if Ducey’s his opponent.

by Anonymousreply 330February 16, 2023 10:36 PM

If it becomes clear Sinema can’t win as an independent, brace yourself for her converting to becoming an actual Republican, or at least caucusing with Republicans

by Anonymousreply 331February 16, 2023 10:56 PM

R331 Meh, not a lot of damage she can do. I think she was banking on the Dems losing the senate but they didn't, and even have a small buffer.

by Anonymousreply 332February 16, 2023 11:06 PM

Their buffer just checked himself into Walter Reed for clinical depression, R332.

by Anonymousreply 333February 16, 2023 11:10 PM

R333 hahaha, still nope. I am pretty sure that if there was a very important vote, they'd find a way to get John to vote.

by Anonymousreply 334February 16, 2023 11:17 PM

Kyrsten just isn't as important as she and her fans think she is.

by Anonymousreply 335February 16, 2023 11:18 PM

Does the Senate have proxy voting

by Anonymousreply 336February 16, 2023 11:32 PM

He’s not going anywhere for six years r333. And if he does, he’ll be replace by a Dem.

by Anonymousreply 337February 16, 2023 11:36 PM

R336 looks like it, yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338February 16, 2023 11:36 PM

This guy Ruben Gallego hates everyone in his party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339March 9, 2023 7:40 AM

Oh Ruben Gallego cheated on his pregnant wife, sounds like a true politician.

by Anonymousreply 340March 9, 2023 7:51 AM

This writer isn't discounting her chances of winning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341March 16, 2023 1:21 PM

R341, I think that article makes some points, but it talks mainly about messaging and partisan strategizing. It doesn't really get into Sinema's very low popularity in Arizona, which is based partly on her not toeing the Democratic line, but more fundamentally on her undisguised contempt for the base and more broadly for her constituency—barely meeting with constituents (unless they're donors), etc. AZ voters see that, and see that she basically sees her corporate funders as her constituents.

by Anonymousreply 342March 16, 2023 3:42 PM

Ruben is a fat turd 💩

by Anonymousreply 343March 16, 2023 6:56 PM

R341 That argument doesn't make much sense because it's arguing that her best chance is to win in a plurality when a MAGA candidate like Blake Masters or Kari Lake runs.

Yet when you look at the poll the pollster they quote put out (he's a Republican by the way, but not a MAGAt, so sympathetic to Sinema or someone non-crazy) his OWN poll shows Gallego winning by a wider margin if Masters/Lake runs along with Sinema than when put against Ducey/Taylor-Robson.

The obvious conclusion is that independents are more likely to go for the Dem (Gallego) if a MAGAt runs than to Sinema.

See for yourself if you don't believe me:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344March 17, 2023 2:45 AM

Brutal article about Sinema.

[quote]Sinema has used a series of Republican-dominated receptions and retreats this year to belittle her Democratic colleagues, shower her GOP allies with praise and, in one case, quite literally give the middle finger to President Biden’s White House. And that’s before an audience. Speaking in private, whether one-on-one or with small groups of Republican senators, she’s even more cutting, particularly about Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, whom she derides in harshly critical terms, according to senior Republican officials directly familiar with her comments.

[quote]Some of Sinema’s friends believe she’ll retire rather than risk losing. To borrow the old line about the Clintons, after her taste of high finance on the fundraising circuit, she’s become like the Episcopal priest in the humble rectory who was surrounded by money in his pews and wanted a cut. (Her appetites for luxury hotels. car services and charter flights, as laid out in her campaign finance reports, are ample.)

[quote]It was the sort of comment that reminded me of what one of her Democratic colleagues, a confirmed moderate, told me in private earlier this year about Sinema: “She’s the biggest egomaniac in the Senate.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345March 23, 2023 10:38 AM

[quote] Some of Sinema’s friends believe ...

She has friends?

by Anonymousreply 346March 23, 2023 12:24 PM

Her net worth before election was $32,500. Less than five years later, on a $180k for only four full years, she is worth $5M. She represents the absolute worst of politicians.

by Anonymousreply 347March 23, 2023 1:20 PM

R347 How does someone go from $32,500 to $5m in just 4 years? That's just obviously dirty as hell. People are definitely paying her to vote the way they want her to vote. Well at least she definitely has a great $$$ career working for corporates outside of politics because I am 95% sure that Arizona will not re-elect her.

by Anonymousreply 348March 23, 2023 2:33 PM

so how can we possibly keep politicians from being bought?

by Anonymousreply 349March 23, 2023 2:37 PM

Ban lobbying. It's not complicated but there's no political motivation to do that because politicians get rich from it.

by Anonymousreply 350March 23, 2023 2:40 PM

r340, you mean Democrats are subject to different moral rules than Republicans?

Those days are long gone.

Reuben could have fucked a clown car of midget "porn stars", who peed on him on a circus trampoline in Moscow, and I would STILL vote for Reuben.

Oh, and Boris, just stop.

by Anonymousreply 351March 23, 2023 8:13 PM

She is such a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 352March 26, 2023 7:58 AM

She burned her bridges for the pot of gold only to find out it's been spent and she needs more.

by Anonymousreply 353March 26, 2023 8:21 AM

Ruben Gallego is an asshole who bashes the democrats.

He cheated on his pregnant wife with his current pregnant wife.

by Anonymousreply 354March 26, 2023 5:40 PM

Wow, the propaganda machine against Ruben is going full steam.

The fear of two Democratic Senators from Arizona has set in.

[R354], you mean Democrats are subject to different moral rules than Republicans?

Those days are long gone.

Ruben could have fucked a clown car of midget "porn stars", who peed on him on a circus trampoline in Moscow, and I would STILL vote for Reuben.

Oh, and Boris, just stop.

by Anonymousreply 355March 26, 2023 8:27 PM

No one cares who's fucking who r354, not since America elected Grab em by the Pussy Trump. Give it up. The moral argument is moot.

by Anonymousreply 356March 26, 2023 9:03 PM

Ruben is a moron.

Bill Maher destroyed him on his show.

He is a cocky know it all who clearly will not make it to the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 357March 26, 2023 10:01 PM

R345...That's Big Bird...complete with the wings.

by Anonymousreply 358March 26, 2023 10:05 PM

I guess Sinema still has a supporter. Cute.

And using Maher as some measure of political punditry? Sad.

by Anonymousreply 359March 26, 2023 10:05 PM

R359

No Sinema fan here, but def not a Ruben fan either.

Let’s see if he can deal with a state-wide race.

by Anonymousreply 360March 26, 2023 10:11 PM

r357, have you seen the field?

Bill Maher? Who pays attention to him?

by Anonymousreply 361March 26, 2023 10:42 PM

[quote] Republicans attack anyone who gets money from holocaust survivor George Soros, yet never say a word when Harlan Crow, who collects Hitler memorabilia, donates to the GOP. So I thought I would call out some of the recipients of Crow’s money, including former Democrat Kyrsten Sinema.

[quote] Who receives money from Harlan Crow?

[quote] - Campaigns and PACs for Republican Senator Mike Lee, John Kennedy, Mike Garcia, Bill Cassidy, Tim Scott, Tom Cotton, Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, Steve Daines, Chuck Grassley, John Cornyn have received thousands of dollars from Crow.

[quote] But guess who else has benefited from this nazi collectors money!

[quote] Kyrsten Sinema!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362April 8, 2023 4:51 PM

Chunky family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363April 12, 2023 10:05 AM

[quote] Every poll shows that there’s no realistic re-election path for Sinema. But she is a real threat as a spoiler who could help an extremist MAGA Republican win. It’s time for national Democrats to join with Arizona Dems to ensure that doesn’t happen by uniting to back our nominee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364April 22, 2023 11:34 PM

Also of note to ^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365April 22, 2023 11:38 PM

Ruben Gallego has gay voice. The fat wife is probably a beard.

by Anonymousreply 366April 23, 2023 1:13 AM

Why would a gay man bother cheating on a pregnant wife and then remarrying? Seems straight to me.

by Anonymousreply 367April 23, 2023 4:26 AM

Ew who would fuck that fat, narcissistic, egotistical Ruben Gallego.

by Anonymousreply 368April 23, 2023 8:15 AM

You can tell that Republicans are worried about Ruben because of all the really lame attacks on him. 2024 is the election the Republican Party DIES.

by Anonymousreply 369April 23, 2023 9:26 AM

Pinal sheriff Mark Lamb is running for the Republican nomination. He's somewhat MAGA but not an election-denier.

New poll out by PPP:

Gallego 43%, Lamb 33%, Sinema 15%

Gallego 43%, Lamon 27%, Sinema 16%

Gallego 42%, Lake 35%, Sinema 14%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370April 26, 2023 12:59 AM

The future legacies of female politicians.

Maxine Waters: Reclaiming my time

Elizabeth Warren: Nevertheless, she persisted

Kyrsten Sinema: I fucked around. And then I found out.

by Anonymousreply 371April 26, 2023 1:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!