Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mountain lion barges into California home, drags dog outside

A woman in Sonoma County, California, shared video showing a mountain lion standing over her dog in her backyard after she says the predator burst into her home and dragged her pup outside by its neck last month.

Rebecca Kracker, of Bennett Valley, told FOX2 KTVU on Tuesday that she went to check on her border collie, Sherman, after she heard him yelping and growling.

To her shock, Kracker said she found a mountain lion inside her home with Sherman’s neck in its jaws.

Video she shared shows the mountain lion standing over Sherman in the backyard after the big cat dragged the dog outside.

"She was bearing her teeth and hissing, and he had passed out from shock," Kracker told the outlet. "I thought he was dead at that point."

Sherman survived the attack, and Kracker said in a Facebook post that her neighbor arrived and scared the mountain lion away after firing a shot at it, missing the animal.

However, the predator returned the following day, according to Kracker, this time to target two of her goats.

Kracker said she notified state wildlife officials, who tracked down the big cat and euthanized the animal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 10, 2022 4:37 AM

[quote] Video she shared shows the mountain lion standing over Sherman in the backyard after the big cat dragged the dog outside.

[quote] "She was bearing her teeth and hissing, and he had passed out from shock," Kracker told the outlet.

MARY!

Get up, Sherman. We love you!!!

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2022 1:59 AM

I didn't know that dogs could faint.

Poor Sherman.

by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2022 2:21 AM

Damn California!

by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2022 2:27 AM

Interesting. I live in Sonoma County about 8 miles from Bennett Valley and we haven't heard a thing about this.

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2022 2:28 AM

Glad the dog is OK and hope it stays that way.

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2022 2:30 AM

[quote]"She was bearing her teeth and hissing,

1. Oh, dear.

2. Obviously the lion is an eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2022 2:31 AM

“Excuse me while I whip this out!” 🐆

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2022 2:43 AM

California cougars are notoriously aggressive.

by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2022 2:44 AM

I hate dogs, so I'm good with this.

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2022 2:46 AM

The owner was a pet parent took that dog with her into the stores, let it eat from the salad bar at Whole Foods. Now wailing about her fur baby being gone.

by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2022 2:49 AM

Yes, r8 we are.

by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2022 2:52 AM

How did the mountain lion get in the house???

That part freaks me out the most.

by Anonymousreply 12December 10, 2022 4:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!