Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone get these pangs of love or something like intense longing?

Holy cow. I was at the supermarket and there was this really handsome man.

I then was in another aisle and did not know he was standing behind me wanting to look at the area I was blocking and I said "Sorry!" and this guy was so nice!

I am almost 44 and gave up a long time ago on relationships and I haven't dated in a decade.

But this man was so handsome and friendly and I now have this weird deep longing feeling- a mixture of lust, sadness, and desire for companionship.

I hate it. I hope it's gone by tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2022 3:36 AM

Nature’s magic.

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2022 1:36 AM

Sometimes when I listen to music. The right song can hit me in the gut if I'm already melancholy. It's a strange feeling...like being in love with someone you don't know and never will.

by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2022 1:43 AM

You're too young for this longing feeling to go away by tomorrow and too old for the relationship you long for.

by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2022 1:45 AM

R2 and R3 nailed it I think.

And the holidays.

At least I will be dead at some point soon, so maybe in my next lifetime..

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2022 1:49 AM

You’re not too old for the relationship you long for.

It’s been awhile since I had that sort of instant crush thing.

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2022 1:57 AM

I’m dead inside (anhedonia) due to years of anti-depressants and other substances. But yeah, rarely I still get that powerful pang and the (correct?) mix of physical warmth/good feelings plus emotional love/longing. I’m such a nervous, angry person that it always takes me aback and makes me smile. But I’m usually just sitting at my desk and immediately go back to hating everyone and everything.

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2022 2:47 AM

My testosterone plummeted over the last year and now I generally feel nothing. I appreciate beauty but rarely feel even a minor tingle. And I’m someone who used to imagine sex with just about every guy within 3 minutes of meeting them.

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2022 3:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!