Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I really hate Baylor University

did anyone else go there?

by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2022 1:29 AM

Why the hell did you go to Baylor?

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2022 11:14 PM

[quote]did anyone else go there?

I didn't, OP, because I'm not a bible-thumpin', hymn-shoutin', snake-handlin', mouth-breathin', foot-warshin', homosekshule-hatin' Baptist. Are you?

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2022 11:19 PM

r2 we need to get your in touch with your real feelings on this subject

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2022 11:20 PM

**you

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2022 11:21 PM

No, I went to a real school.

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2022 11:23 PM

Isnt that where that oh so retarded Chip Gaines went to school?

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2022 11:23 PM

They had one of the worst rape scandals in recent memory, it got a lot of traction and coverage in the mainstream sports news/media/talk radio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 11:23 PM

i went there, too. Law school. i had a full ride and was poor. Despite the edict against dancing, the draconian dress code (no “abbreviated wear”), the terrible movie reviews in the Waco Tribune-Herald (“B-plus for cinematic achievement, D-minus for ‘cinematic responsibility’ for R-rated movies), and fewer than 25 students of color (I now call Baylor “a historically white school”), somehow I lasted three years.

I was closeted at the time. Law school was a good financial decision but a ruinous personal decision.

And to top it all off, that douchebag Ken Paxton (the indicted, unethical Texas attorney general) was student body president. I knew he was a wonky-eyed loser back then.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2022 11:30 PM

I didn’t realize Baylor has a law school. R7, why was it a ruinous personal decision?

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2022 11:53 PM

No, I attended the University of Texas at Austin, where we smoked pot, drank to excess, and fucked constantly…what college students are supposed to do.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2022 11:56 PM

R10, did you use palm oil as lube when you fucked constantly?

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2022 11:57 PM

Gay people not only go there, they (and others, I presume) even managed to establish a LGBTQ+ organization. I'm not sure why gay people would chose to attend Baylor in the first place, but they now have, at least, this group to represent them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2022 12:01 AM

R11 My late husbands siblings used to call him "Mr. Palmolive" cause he got caught whacking off with it ! I had forgotten that till i saw your signature.

by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2022 12:01 AM

R9: Baylor’s law school was founded in 1857…the oldest in Texas and the second law school west of the Mississippi.

“Ruinous” might be overstated. But when the campus police took down license plate numbers in the parking lot of Waco’s gay bar (and then expelled Baylor students who went to the bar), it was not a helpful place for a closeted gayling to move forward with accepting his gayness.

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2022 12:04 AM

My niece went there only because she got a full scholarship and it has a good nursing program. Her complaint was that there were few black students there so she felt out of place.

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2022 12:40 AM

Fun, gossipy fact: One of Ty Herndon’s long-term boyfriends was in my class. He was a butch handsome, Wrangler-wearing Texan. Also, the brother of George Michael’s ex, Kenny Goss.

by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2022 12:49 AM

Try Hudson University!

by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2022 12:51 AM

My two nieces and nephew all went to Baylor. They're ultra-religious and they had family nearby, as well. They've all done really well for themselves financially from it.

by Anonymousreply 18December 9, 2022 1:27 AM

OP, were you a bear at Baylor?

by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2022 1:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!