Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nick Carter Sued for Alleged Rape of 17-Year-Old Girl During 2001 Backstreet Boys Tour

Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter is facing a new claim he raped a 17-year-old girl on a bus during the boy band’s Black & Blue worldwide concert tour in 2001.

Accuser Shannon “Shay” Ruth filed a sexual battery lawsuit in Clark County, Nevada, on Thursday claiming Carter picked her out of a line of fans seeking autographs at the Tacoma Dome in Washington that night and invited her to join him on his tour bus when she was an unsuspecting virgin.

Ruth, who says she lives with autism and cerebral palsy, claims Carter, who would have been 21 at the time, fed her a pink drink dubbed “VIP juice” that tasted alcoholic, ordered her to get on her knees and then pulled down his pants and insisted she perform oral sex on him. She alleges he instructed her on how to proceed even though she was crying.

Now 39, Ruth alleges Carter, who faced a similar allegation in the past that was not prosecuted, led her to a bed, “pushed” her down and forcefully removed her pants when she resisted. Carter then allegedly attempted to orally copulate Ruth as she “begged him to stop,” the lawsuit obtained by Rolling Stone states.

“Carter told her to ‘Shh!’ as he laid on top of her and said it would be our ‘special secret,'” the filing continues, alleging that Carter then vaginally penetrated Ruth.

“The last 21 years have been filled with pain, confusion, frustration, shame, and self-harm that are a direct result of Nick Carter raping me,” Ruth said at a press conference with her lawyer Mark Boskovich in Beverly Hills on Thursday.

“Even though I’m autistic and live with cerebral palsy, I believe nothing has affected me more …than what Nick Carter did to me,” Ruth said, struggling to hold back tears.

She claimed Carter turned “nasty and threatening” when she told him she was going to report the incident. “After he raped me, I remember him calling me a ‘retarded bitch’ and grabbing me and leaving bruises on my arm,” she said.

“Carter tried to scare me into silence,” she claimed, saying he told her “he’d turn people against me because he was Nick Carter and had the power to wreck my life.”

“I felt like I had nowhere to turn,” she said. “I truly believed if I told anyone, I would go to jail.”

Representatives for Carter did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Rolling Stone.

“This accusation is categorically false, Nick is focusing on his family and mourning the death of his brother,” an unidentified source close to the singer told TMZ, which first reported the lawsuit.

The lawsuit comes after Melissa Schuman, a former member of teen-pop group Dream, stepped forward in 2017 and accused Carter of sexually assaulting her in 2003, around the time they were shooting the 2004 made-for-TV movie “The Hollow,” when she was 18 years old.

Los Angeles County prosecutors investigated Schuman’s claim and ultimately declined to file a case, saying the allegation was outside the 10-year statute of limitations.

In a blog post that’s no longer active, Schuman said Carter invited her and a friend to his Santa Monica residence for a “casual hangout.” Schuman said she also was a virgin at the time and that Carter allegedly poured shots and then took her to a bathroom where he performed oral sex on her over her protests.

“I told him to stop, but he didn’t. So I turned off the bathroom light so I wouldn’t see anything. He kept turning the light back on because he told me he wanted to look at me,” she wrote.

“I am shocked and saddened by Ms. Schuman’s accusations. Melissa never expressed to me while we were together or at any time since that anything we did was not consensual,” Carter said in a statement to Rolling Stone at the time. “This is the first that I am hearing about these accusations, nearly two decades later. It is contrary to my nature and everything I hold dear to intentionally cause someone discomfort or harm.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 13, 2022 12:18 AM

The new lawsuit filed Thursday also alleges three women identified only as Jane Does have accused Carter of similar behavior. It claims Jane Doe 2 was a 15-year-old girl at the time of her alleged abuse in 2003 and says she contracted HPV from Carter, an allegation also made by Ruth.

Jane Doe 1 similarly alleges abuse in 2003, and Jane Doe 3 alleges she was sexually assaulted by Carter at a house party in Key West, Florida, in 2006, the filing states.

Boskovich said during the press conference that the lawsuit is withholding the women’s names “to preserve their privacy until they’re ready to speak themselves.” He said his team has interviewed the women.

Ruth’s civil action is seeking monetary damages for past and future pain and suffering as well as punitive damages in an amount to be determined at trial.

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2022 10:07 PM

Karma is a bitch, Nick.

Guess you're not as "innocent" as you portray yourself, huh?

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2022 10:11 PM

Nick, call me.

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2022 10:14 PM

Where was her mother when she decided to spend the night with him?

Just axen.

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2022 10:15 PM

Was it a good penis?

Was it necessary to obsess over these five inches for twenty-one years?

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2022 10:16 PM

I think somebody smells a honey-pot.

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2022 10:17 PM

Oddly, my first thought is oh, Rolling Stone? That rag that screwed up the Duke LaCross 'rape' story? (rape is in quotes because it wasn't rape.)

I don't know why these guys just don't hire hookers. make it all business and then this stuff doesn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 10:17 PM

[quote] “Carter told her to ‘Shh!’ as he laid on top of her and said it would be our ‘special secret,'”

That's what he used to say to me.

Right before he put it in me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2022 10:17 PM

we can joke about this but the reality is it's never really sexy for fun for the victim; you fantasize about some actor or some boy band member-- who sings all those sweet ballads about loving you and only you -- using you as some kind of hose bag.

it's traumatic for the victims.

I have no idea what really happened in this case but there are cases where it's all just so ugly.

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2022 10:30 PM

What’s with being SUED for rape? Whatever happened to GETTING ARRESTED?

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2022 10:40 PM

I’m sure this happened….I’m sure he wanted to fuck a chick with palsey

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2022 10:49 PM

[quote] Was it necessary to obsess over these five inches for twenty-one years?

More like three inches.

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2022 10:50 PM

Traumatised for 20 years over an alleged event, but apparently not sufficiently so to report it. I assume that there is a civil suit because of $$, and no doubt the criminal statute of limitations is long expired.

How does one prove a 20 year old rape? I imagine she is simply hoping for a nice cash settlement.

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2022 10:53 PM

I would happily take Nicky's dickie.

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2022 10:54 PM

y does they mention they r autist?

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2022 10:59 PM

If Nick's dick is anything like his brother's (was), it's not 3" or 5" but more like 3" + 5"

Nick, call me.

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2022 11:00 PM

Does he have any money?

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2022 11:13 PM

😂 I thought he was dead.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2022 11:15 PM

blonde pubes?

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2022 11:29 PM

Isn't he dead?

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2022 11:38 PM

[quote] “Even though I’m autistic and live with cerebral palsy, I believe nothing has affected me more …than what Nick Carter did to me,” Ruth said, struggling to hold back tears.

Nick Carter raped me, too!

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2022 11:42 PM

Who's going to believe a 'tard anyway?

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2022 11:42 PM

Such as yourself?

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2022 11:47 PM

These days it's difficult to know whom to believe in these situations. It's easier for me to denounce the alleged rapist and the alleged victim as both scum and no longer pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2022 11:49 PM

Cash grab

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2022 11:50 PM

Revised consent

by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2022 11:50 PM

Hmmmm....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2022 11:52 PM

[quote] These days it's difficult to know whom to believe in these situations. It's easier for me to denounce the alleged rapist and the alleged victim as both scum and no longer pay attention.

Rofl. Very sound advice.

You're both lying cunts!

Honestly, this is what it's come to.

by Anonymousreply 28December 9, 2022 12:06 AM

Ewww, a 17-year-old girl? Gross-a!

by Anonymousreply 29December 9, 2022 12:07 AM

He didn’t want to hear her say, “I don’t want it that way.”

by Anonymousreply 30December 9, 2022 12:15 AM

I miss the days when the media acted as a gatekeeper to crazy bullshit. This is insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 9, 2022 2:56 AM

[quote] That really is insane, R31.

Wow.

I can't believe that her attorney is allowed to speak as though what he's saying is the truth.

Saying that "Nick called her a re**** and gave her HPV."

That's bullshit.

Nick should counter sue, because none of that has been proven, and yet he's presenting it as fact.

by Anonymousreply 32December 9, 2022 3:03 AM

Poor Nick.

Some crazy, money-grubbing whore did the same thing to Matt Araiza.

Both Matt and Nick should sue these bitches into oblivion, for ruining their reputations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 9, 2022 3:10 AM

Joffrey Baratheon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 9, 2022 3:15 AM

Raping the tarded girl? Oy, that's going to be hard to come back from.

by Anonymousreply 35December 9, 2022 3:20 AM

"Where was her mother when she decided to spend the night with him?"

Why does it matter? You sound like the Michael Jackson stans who blame his victims' parents

by Anonymousreply 36December 9, 2022 3:24 AM

He's been accused by other women. Weird to see people here defend him, must be Backstreet fanbois

by Anonymousreply 37December 9, 2022 3:25 AM

This will be nothing but a heartache for her and nothing but a mistake for him. If it was indeed rape, he never heard her say, "I want it that way."

by Anonymousreply 38December 9, 2022 3:27 AM

Has Tommy Black commented yet?....

by Anonymousreply 39December 9, 2022 3:33 AM

"Always use your kids to portray yourself as a "family man". ------>>Dustys Hollywood School of Abusers

by Anonymousreply 40December 9, 2022 3:35 AM

I mean would you expect anything less from a group called backstreet boys I mean come on it's right there. Plus they're out there on the stage nightly singing those vile rock songs and thrusting their pelvises around.

by Anonymousreply 41December 9, 2022 3:40 AM

The biggest reason I think this is BS, is because Nick could have any beautiful girl in the world.

Gorgeous women were practically throwing themselves at him.

So why in the fucking world would he ever mess with HER?

by Anonymousreply 42December 9, 2022 3:48 AM

R42 = Zippers and Hornyness have trapped many men....Looks have nothing to do with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 9, 2022 4:05 AM

R42 = THIS stud was so horny he got naked and hard in a hotel room while Falwell watched.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 9, 2022 4:09 AM

"The biggest reason I think this is BS, is because Nick could have any beautiful girl in the world."

The biggest reason I think you're an idiot is because Nick Carter obviously thought his celebrity entitled him to any girl in the world.

If he's raping 91 year old women and girls with palsy, he doesn't want them beautiful.

He just wants them to be easily rapable.

by Anonymousreply 45December 9, 2022 5:32 AM

ABC bails on Backstreet Boys....They CANCELLED their X-Mas special....LinK...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 9, 2022 6:47 AM

R32 I wish I could have sex with someone who has hpv so I could strengthen my immune system by becoming immune to it.

by Anonymousreply 47December 9, 2022 7:08 AM

R47 = Don't give up. Go out there and try harder....Reach into your wallet if you have to.....

by Anonymousreply 48December 9, 2022 7:15 AM

Backseat boys

by Anonymousreply 49December 9, 2022 7:18 AM

All these people coming out of nowhere and claiming rape happened 20-30 years ago need to have a seat. If you're assaulted, you need to either handle it in a timely manner or let it go. There needs to be some kind of time limit for civil suits, similar to statute of limitations on criminal cases.

by Anonymousreply 50December 9, 2022 7:21 AM

It's probably not a coincidence this suit is being filed now, just when the Backstreet Boys comeback has been gaining steam.

by Anonymousreply 51December 9, 2022 8:40 AM

I love that Nick’s a voracious pussy eater!

by Anonymousreply 52December 9, 2022 8:47 AM

R52 so he has hpv on mouth??

by Anonymousreply 53December 9, 2022 8:53 AM

[quote]Weird to see people here defend him, must be Backstreet fanbois

No, just assholes.

We have elderloungers who believe every woman's rape claim is fake and every woman who has an illness is making it up, and you combine them with the MRAs, contrarians, and stupids, and you get threads like this all the time.

by Anonymousreply 54December 9, 2022 8:53 AM

Wouldn't surprise me if it is true. Most of these boyband members have been so diddled by industry scumbags that they know no other way than raping it forward.

by Anonymousreply 55December 9, 2022 9:01 AM

Does HPV have different identifiable strains that could prove linkage?

by Anonymousreply 56December 9, 2022 9:10 AM

If she wanted to stop nick from hurting other woman, why did she waited 20 years? Besides was he having problems bedding other gorgeous woman?

by Anonymousreply 57December 9, 2022 10:09 AM

This circumstances surrounding this claim of rape are hinky. He may be a raper in other instances -- don't know -- but this girl's late date claims seem hinky to me.

by Anonymousreply 58December 9, 2022 10:16 AM

[quote]Why does it matter? You sound like the Michael Jackson stans who blame his victims' parents

In Jacko's case, the parents were greedy and complicit. What good parent allows their young child to do 'sleep-overs' with a clearly pervy adult male?

by Anonymousreply 59December 9, 2022 10:54 AM

[quote]Both Matt and Nick should sue these bitches into oblivion, for ruining their reputations

What reputation? She's already unemployable.

by Anonymousreply 60December 9, 2022 1:52 PM

It’s insane that nearly ANYONE (white “cis” males) could be ruined in a second by some psychopath making false allegations.

by Anonymousreply 61December 9, 2022 2:07 PM

I don’t believe all women, that’s psychotic. We can listen to all women, but believe… fuck that!

by Anonymousreply 62December 9, 2022 2:25 PM

So how many people have accused him of rape, excluding his very own, now deceased, little brother?

by Anonymousreply 63December 9, 2022 3:43 PM

If she's lying, just countersue the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 64December 9, 2022 5:11 PM

Reading the comments, gay men are absolutely no different than straight men.

by Anonymousreply 65December 9, 2022 5:13 PM

Now ABC won't air a new Backstreet Boys holiday special because of the allegations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 9, 2022 5:20 PM

Another crybaby. Jesus Christ. Gay men have been beaten and raped for centuries. They didn’t go running to authorities. They picked themselves up and moved on.

by Anonymousreply 67December 9, 2022 5:21 PM

R62, women are off the charts with borderline personality disorder. They lie all the time and find community in self-victimization. No one should automatically believe them or anyone else for that matter. Too many loons.

by Anonymousreply 68December 9, 2022 5:22 PM

Another article I read quoted the accuser as saying “Carter took away my childhood and my innocence, but he cannot and will not take away my strength or my truth. I am a survivor and always will be.”

Her childhood? Really? She was 17. That's young, sure, but not a child. Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 69December 9, 2022 5:30 PM

Has Brian commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 70December 9, 2022 5:30 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 71December 9, 2022 5:37 PM

This thread is a cesspool

by Anonymousreply 72December 9, 2022 5:40 PM

R69 women are children until 35 now. So precious and innocent.

by Anonymousreply 73December 9, 2022 6:02 PM

I know more men who have been falsely accused of rape or sexual crimes than I do men who have legitimately committed those types of crimes

by Anonymousreply 74December 9, 2022 6:03 PM

Lucky girl!

by Anonymousreply 75December 9, 2022 6:12 PM

This is gross if true. The fact she has those disabilities makes it even more heinous.

by Anonymousreply 76December 9, 2022 6:58 PM

She has autism and cerebral palsy.

How do you rape that?

by Anonymousreply 77December 9, 2022 7:46 PM

I think he was the best singer of the BSB. Littrell was a pretty close second, and he was more handsome.

by Anonymousreply 78December 9, 2022 9:17 PM

Will the estate of Mildred sue next?

by Anonymousreply 79December 9, 2022 9:28 PM

It makes you wonder if there was a grain of truth to what his crackhead brother said. It sounds like all those kids were fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 80December 9, 2022 9:29 PM

Twitter has spoken and #IStandWithNickCarter is trending. Justice always wins.

by Anonymousreply 81December 9, 2022 11:46 PM

Nick was exposed at an early age to sex while on tour. I don't doubt that he was an aggressor. I saw one show within the last few years in which the group each brought a woman on stage and serenaded her. The other guys were singing and smiling at their ladies. Nick was pretend going down on his fan and acting raunchy. I thought, "That's probably someone's mother!" He's got a lot of Florida trailer park in him.

by Anonymousreply 82December 10, 2022 1:17 AM

[quote]This thread is a cesspool

Interesting that you're here

by Anonymousreply 83December 10, 2022 1:31 AM

Surprise! He was a teenaged dirtbag!

by Anonymousreply 84December 10, 2022 1:35 AM

Check out this concert video from 59:00-60:00. Nick is the last guy in the upper/background part of the frame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 10, 2022 11:18 AM

Only Kevin is attractive to me as an individual. The group was one of those that they were very hot and goodlooking in a collective but individually they don't hold up similar to Take That. NSYNC was the opposite, Timberlake and JC's good looks were emphasized more by their butt ugly bandmates.

by Anonymousreply 86December 10, 2022 12:33 PM

This is what Aaron was saying about Nick 3 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 12, 2022 2:00 PM

So why are we just bringing this alleged act up now?

by Anonymousreply 88December 12, 2022 2:03 PM

R85 awkward how Brian didn't once look at the Asian girl he was singing 'to/for'....

by Anonymousreply 89December 12, 2022 2:11 PM

Then R74 you're full of shit and don't know or speak to enough women. Or the women you know aren't open or comfortable with you, for reasons well known.

by Anonymousreply 90December 12, 2022 2:11 PM

I bet female fans of BSB won't care if Nick turns out to be a rapist. As long as he's cute.

by Anonymousreply 91December 12, 2022 4:25 PM

If he did rape this girl it would make his alleged elder rape more plausible. He might get off on preying on the weak

by Anonymousreply 92December 12, 2022 5:02 PM

Yikesorama

by Anonymousreply 93December 12, 2022 5:09 PM

I believe her.

by Anonymousreply 94December 12, 2022 5:17 PM

R92, he raped an elderly woman? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 95December 12, 2022 5:23 PM

While I want to have some sympathy for the girl, what was she expecting when he picked her out and invited her back stage? Parcheesi?

by Anonymousreply 96December 12, 2022 5:26 PM

Aaron said he raped an old woman named Mildred. Of course I thought he was just being a crackhead but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 97December 12, 2022 5:58 PM

How do you defend against an accusation about behavior 22 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 98December 12, 2022 6:27 PM

R96, she didn't expect to get raped, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 99December 12, 2022 9:30 PM

[quote]How do you defend against an accusation about behavior 22 years ago?

How do you PROVE it?

by Anonymousreply 100December 12, 2022 10:35 PM

The evidence would be testimony and contemporaneous conversations with third parties. She only needs a preponderance of the evidence in a civil suit—the jury believes her over him. This would have been traumatic for her, and might have meant nothing to him, so she has some advantage in terms if credibility.

A criminal conviction would be much tougher.

by Anonymousreply 101December 12, 2022 10:40 PM

Justice 4 Mildred!

by Anonymousreply 102December 13, 2022 12:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!