Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yet another encounter with a mountain lion in the Hollywood Hills this week.

A man out walking his dog in the evening has a face-to-face encounter with a mountain lion. These encounters seem to be getting more frequent in the LA area. I wonder how long it’s going to be before a lion attacks a human.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2022 1:57 AM

If you have anything in that shopping bag made of cat fur, I’m gonna kill your dog.

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2022 8:06 PM

Update here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2022 8:06 PM

Better face to face than butt to face. Or butt to butt.

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2022 8:41 PM

R2 That’s a different dog walker encountering a lion. This latest instance occurred 2 days ago.

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2022 10:27 PM

Wildlife officials are planning to capture & evaluate him after the recent encounters. Sad Last Days in Griffith Park?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2022 10:41 PM

He's a good lookin' fella.

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2022 10:44 PM

P1 was just euthanized after this attack. The dog survived. This is a separate incident from the Hollywood Hills encounter in the op.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 10:48 PM

I saw that story at R7. The owner just sat there recording and didn’t even try to scare off the lion. I don’t think they should have killed it. Capture it and relocate it.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2022 10:52 PM

Team mountain lion. These idiots shouldn't be living near their habitat. If the fires don't get them we can only hope that the coyotes and mountain lions do.

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2022 5:51 PM

Team mountain lion.

by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2022 5:54 PM

Pitbull at the OP.

by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2022 5:54 PM

Do dog walkers in that area not carry mace or better, a gun? I thought being armed with a weapon was a requirement now?

by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2022 6:30 PM

Apparently, P-22 attacked another small leashed dog late Wednesday night/early Thursday (around 1:00 am) on lower Beachwood Drive in the Hollywood Hills. The woman fought him off & Bowie is home following surgery for multiple puncture wounds. 1:00 AM? Really?? SMH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2022 6:36 PM

I’m On the lion’s side. 100% in favor of wildlife killing off all humans. We deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2022 6:47 PM

P-22 is now around 11 or 12 years old. That’s elderly for a mountain lion. It may be that age now gives him a disadvantage against deer, his primary prey, so he’s now attacking dogs. I’d hate to see him have to leave Griffith Park. It’s a rather romantic notion to have lions living in the city of Los Angeles, but it may be time to relocate P-22 to another area where he can be more closely monitored and fed, if necessary. Perhaps a younger lion could take his place in Griffith Park. I’m wishing him the best.

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2022 8:35 PM

[quote]It may be that age now gives him a disadvantage against deer, his primary prey, so he’s now attacking dogs.

Exactly, DG.

[quote]“He is an older cat trying to survive,” Ordeñana says. “Although he is still able to take down deer at his old age, it is more risky and costly….There are higher densities of raccoons and smaller prey in urban neighborhoods than in neighboring green open spaces, so he is just doing what he thinks he needs to do, not necessarily what he wants to do.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2022 9:24 PM

If P-22 is removed from Griffith Park and another lion does not take his place, the deer population is going to get out of control.

by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2022 1:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!