Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Air Force gender-inclusive training tells cadets to not use ‘mom,’ ‘dad’

No more letters home to Mom.

Air Force cadets are being told to address people in ways that “include all genders” — dropping the use of “boyfriend or girlfriend” and even “mom and dad.”

“Use words that include all genders,” the training material tells cadets, warning them to “ask” people what they “call themselves” rather than assuming.

Instead of saying “you guys,” cadets are told to use gender-neutral terms like “team,” “squaddies,” “folks” and even “y’all.”

“Some families are headed by single parents, grandparents, foster parents, two moms, two dads, etc.: consider ‘parent or caregiver’ instead of ‘mom and dad,'” the presentation states, telling cadets to “recognize diverse family formation.”

Equally, they are told to use “partner” rather than “boyfriend or girlfriend.’”

The training says to also use “person-centered” language, such as “people with disabilities” instead of “the disabled” and “transgender people” rather than “transgenders.”

“Not ‘Colorblind’ or ‘I don’t see color,’ but Color Conscious,” it adds. “We see Color/Patterns AND VALUE people for their uniqueness.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2022 11:03 PM

Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah

Dear Parent

As an adult I do prefer partner over boyfriend or girlfriends

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2022 7:30 PM

MaDa! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2022 7:42 PM

So we went from Don't Ask Don't Tell to this in 20 years?

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2022 7:46 PM

This would be my response:

Girl, bye.

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2022 7:48 PM

You know it’s the truth if it’s from a Rupert Murdoch owned outlet.

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2022 9:56 PM

Insanity!

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2022 10:14 PM

The problem I take is that none of the terms are offensive. I don’t even understand how they exclude.

It’s not like Mom and Dad is not the R-word or the N-word or the F-word. Trying to remove natural human language and human identification is pushing it.

But then again this could be some sort of training course that’s taken. It’s not like they’re forcing anyone to talk this way.

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 10:22 PM

Which is shocking because AFA is the most nasty, reactionary religious right wing of all the service academies.

Focus on the Family must be LIVID. And I am here for it.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2022 10:32 PM

They aren’t telling cadets not to refer to their OWN parents as Mom or Dad, they are telling them not to assume everyone else has a mom and dad. And not to assume that a male/female cadet might have a girlfriend/boyfriend at home.

It’s just manners.

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2022 11:00 PM

Thanks to the Air Force, Fox News now has a new BREAKING NEWS story to run every hour, on the hour, until February! Huzzah!!

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2022 11:03 PM

Partner, family is fine.

“Y’all” deserves a vicious slapping.

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2022 11:03 PM

It's just transhuman agenda, this is why people are pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2022 11:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!