Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shows That Turned Us Gay - "CHiPs"

I only caught this show in reruns a decade later, but good gravy, what a sex cauldron!

Erik Estrada was the designated beefcake, but I always had a thing for Larry Wilcox. His boyish charm was more appealing than Estrada's obvious horniness. And the uniforms!

How about you perverts? Did the motorcycles and daytime street justice of "CHiPs" turn you homo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 9, 2022 6:31 PM

Saved By the Bell.

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2022 1:51 PM

"The Wild Wild West". Why was seeing a lithe, muscular, hairy man in bondage week after week so titillating to a young child? It triggered me into wanting to see all the other guys in the TV shows I watched without their clothes on. Alright, sigh, even Captain Kangaroo.

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2022 1:55 PM

Late ‘70s/early ‘80s network TV was very into its cryptogay couples. Ponch and Jon, the Duke boys, Starsky and Hutch, Simon and Simon … the list goes on. What was that about?

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2022 2:00 PM

What about Laverne and Shirley? Was the "L" on her sweater a clue?

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2022 2:48 PM

“Kukla, Fran & Ollie”

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2022 2:18 AM

Poncho's ass and the ass of Robert Conrad in WW West made me gay. end of story. Strangely, I became a pig bottom later in life.

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2022 6:16 AM

I’m was also converted by WWWest. I waited every week to see James Conrad shirtless and wearing those skin tight pants

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2022 6:20 AM

Small Wonder

by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2022 6:23 AM

Solid Gold dancers.

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2022 6:27 AM

I think it started with Porter Ricks (Brian Kelly) on [bold]Flipper[/bold], then James West came along and sealed the deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2022 1:35 PM

Dukes of Hazzard

by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2022 1:44 PM

Johnny Quest

by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2022 1:55 PM

1st and 10 with Delta Burke (pre designing women) on HBO circa 1984. I remember as a kid trying to pretend I was into football just to sneak and watch it. I think it was on every Friday. But it was the much earlier precursor to the male eye candy show that OZ on the same network became. Because it was HBO you saw a lot of locker room beef, naked asses and I am sure a couple of soapy dicks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2022 2:05 PM

I accidentally ejaculated to Ponch at 14- and had no idea that was what it was all about!

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2022 2:05 PM

[quote]I think it started with Porter Ricks (Brian Kelly) on Flipper, then James West came along and sealed the deal.

As a 13 yr old gayling, one of my first memories of masturbation over a celebrity was when Luke Halpin first displayed armpit hair. and I immediately erected. I was in heaven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2022 2:14 PM

Anything starring Tim Considine.

First, Spin and Marty. Then, the Hardy Boys. Next, the Swamp Fox. All Disney productions. R15's armpit reminiscence made me think of the time Tim Considine was shirtless on Swamp Fox. Unfortunately, it was for a whipping scene at the home of some British general, but oh, my eyes rolled back in my head seeing him with his shirt off.

I wasn't old enough to have an orgasm, but I do believe I was solid as a rock.

I already knew I was gay by the time The Dukes of Hazzard came around. I watched on as many Friday nights as I could, in order to catch Tom Wopat in his obligatory state of shirtlessness. His blond brother failed to excite me. It's always been that way for me with blonds. I find it difficult to distinguish one from another.

by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2022 2:24 PM

The Hercules movies they used to show on TBS on Saturday mornings, especially when the muscleman playing Hercules (or Goliath or Maciste or whatever the hero's name was) strained and flexed and bent bars and broke chains. I think those movies started my lifelong muscle and strength fetish, and I still have a soft spot (well, a hard-on) for those sword-and-sandal movies. I loved it best when the rest of the family was out taking my brothers to their soccer practices, and I could hump the floor in peace.

Also, Bluto from the Popeye cartoons, especially when he'd flex his huge biceps. Could never figure out why Olive would chose that runt Popeye instead of that slab of beef Bluto.

by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2022 2:42 PM

WKRP In Cincinnati for sure. We all know why too...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 9, 2022 2:43 PM

R18, I always wondered if I was the only one who noticed how tight Gary Sandy's pants were. ;-)

by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2022 2:46 PM

Speaking of WKRP, Les was Herb's bitch wasn't he?

by Anonymousreply 20December 9, 2022 2:49 PM

I always remember being fascinated with Duane's bulge from What's Happenin' too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 9, 2022 4:32 PM

[quote] I accidentally ejaculated to Ponch at 14

Was "Ponch at 14" like "James at 15," only sexier and Hispanic?

by Anonymousreply 22December 9, 2022 6:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!