Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Blind Item Reveal- ABC is hoping Tyra will walk away from Hosting DWTS, but…

“This permanent A list model/host has an option on the show she hosts that she hates hosting. She knows the network wants her to just walk away, but she is going to make them pay her entire salary plus some for not showing up.

Tyra Banks/Dancing With The Stars”

A. You could tell she hated being there as much as viewers hated having her there. The only time she looked like she was enjoying herself was during her first season. But last season and this, she looked like she hated being there.

B. Good for her in making them buy her out of her contract. I agree she’s terrible at the job but I also find her to add sass and comedy to it, and a bit of chaos that I found entertaining. She’s tied down in a big contract, so they’re hoping she walks away because they can’t let her go unless they buy her out. They’re trying to avoid having to pay her all those millions, but she’s a smart woman, she isn’t walking away unless they pay up.

I wonder if they’ll buy her out of her contract or just deal with her staying around…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2022 12:33 PM

They totally reigned her in this past season.

No more mid-show costume changes into showstoppers (which is exactly what they did).

She didn't lose her spunk but she dialed it way down.

I just hope Tom Bergeron comes back. Man's a class act.

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2022 3:38 AM

Tom. Was. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2022 3:43 AM

Why not Heidi K?

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2022 3:51 AM

Entertainment lawyer bullshit

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2022 3:54 AM

Fake!

DWTS is no longer ABC affiliated, it's "relegated" ( or "promoted" depends on who you ask) to digital branch of Disney. Even as a small town divorce lawyer, he should have known the difference here.

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2022 4:07 AM

R5 Disney is the parent company of ABC, just like Universal/ NBC, and Paramount/CBS. All the major networks have been swallowed up at this point.

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2022 4:48 AM

Speaking of blind items, has DWTS had a blind dancer yet?

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 4:50 AM

Is she there to blacken things up? Maybe hire someone based on ability not skin tone.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2022 4:53 AM

Permanent A list? Tyra, really?

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2022 5:07 AM

R6 that's not what I am talking here, if "Law and Order SVU" moves to Comcast/Xfinity Stream, will you still call it a NBC show, probably not, even though Comcast is the parent company of NBC/Universal, it is the same thing here, just because Disney is a stronger entertainment brand than Comcast, it doesn't change the fact the streaming platforms are taking over the traditional broadcast networks, eventually people won't even relate "tv shows" to tv or tv networks.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2022 5:12 AM

[quote]Tom. Was. Boring.

Tom was never boring. He was the heart of the show and made the contestants the stars, not himself. He also hated the GOP rejects and that was a plus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2022 5:19 AM

I don't watch this show and I can give a fuck about Tyra. They need to get a comedian to host this tired ass show. Kathy Griffin, Wanda Sykes, someone who doesn't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2022 6:28 AM

[quote]They totally reigned her in this past season.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2022 10:22 AM

R5 it’s still affiliated with ABC. The Disney move was just a 2 or 3 season deal. They’re already in talks to possibly bring it back to ABC after, depending on how it continues to do on Disney+.

It’s on Disney+ but still has the same exact producers and execs etc. the only thing that changed was how you watch it.

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2022 10:35 AM

R9 permanent A List model. Yes. She is.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2022 10:36 AM

What is the fascination with Wanda Sykes amongst DL posters? Give it a rest; she'd be terrible. They don't need a comedian, since the job of comedians is to call attention to themselves. Just say," What did you think, Bruno?" No need to have a comedian do two minutes of schtick after every dance. Alfonso will do just fine..........alone.

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2022 11:31 AM

I do think they should keep it two hosts. Tom is boring but I do think his return would make all the old white fans happy.

The show has had a spike in the younger demographic with Tyra though. But the majority of fans are 40+ and the long time fans just want Tom back.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2022 11:35 AM

And I do agree with some people who say it didn’t matter who they replaced Tom with, they were doomed. They could have replaced him with another old white guy and many fans would still just want Tom back.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2022 11:36 AM

Holy fucking run on, r10!

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2022 12:33 PM

I haven’t watched the show since they got rid of Tom. And I used to love it.

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2022 12:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!