Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bella Hadid wins Model of the Year

In a video message, Hadid thanked her agent Luiz Mattos and her mother Yolanda Hadid, as well as those less visible in the industry. "You all, my fashion family, were the ones who showed me who I could be and opened my eyes to the things I could do," Hadid said. "I want to share this award with all of the models who show up every single day, and work hard with little or no recognition. I know it's not easy and I see you. I am such a small part of a huge vision, and every person and every project is just as important as the next. This award is for all of us."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 9, 2022 10:13 AM

Oh thank god! I was suicidal thinking it wouldn’t happen.

But it did!!!! 🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2022 11:07 PM

Are all mainstream models nepo models now? Do they bother recruiting anymore?

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2022 11:20 PM

Did she thank her plastic surgeon?

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2022 11:22 PM

Plastic face of a plastic industry.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2022 11:55 PM

Don't you have to be an actual model to win model of the year?

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2022 11:59 PM

A nepotism baby who looks like such a plastic surgery and botox victim at such an early age. The heroin chic and jolie laide models of the past were fabulous compared to this extremely bland looking thing.

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2022 12:01 AM

'you're doing amazing, sweetie'

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 12:04 AM

I read this as

[quote]Bella Hadid wins Nobel Prize

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2022 12:08 AM

I stll think of her as homely (sis, too).

"little or no recognition ..." WTH?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2022 12:10 AM

Wasn't she still a teenager when she started getting plastic surgery? And even after all that she doesn't look pretty, but she does look strange, which seems to be what the fashion world wants these days...

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2022 12:12 AM

Barf.

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2022 12:35 AM

Even her legs are average in appearance

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2022 12:47 AM

The Hadids have no calf muscles whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2022 2:30 AM

Yolanda was hot, but the Hadid's father was always an ugo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2022 5:20 AM

R2, I have the same question as R2. Do they still recruit real models? I remember the days when they were found in shopping malls.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2022 5:30 AM

All models are prostitution whores anyway. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2022 5:34 AM

“Yes, hi, Id like the Carla Bruni face to go.”

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2022 5:39 AM

^ She should be thanking Carla in her speech, although she’s only a frozen-faced knockoff.

Congratulations Bella, you mediocrity!

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2022 11:09 AM

She seems very happy with her current bf. He’s not much of a looker but he probably treats her better than The Weeknd ever did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2022 12:05 PM

^ he's still better looking than her.

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2022 12:10 PM

Da udda one won? Asked Yolanda, completely confused, as Gigi was always her favorite.

I hope she sued the fuck out of the doctor who took so much cartridge out of her nose that it cant be fixed. "Ethnic" nose jobs (think Persian, etc) are usually done very well in Bel Air/Beverly Hills. I don't think even the master plastic surgeons in South Korea can fix hers. It is a DISASTUH.

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2022 1:43 PM

Someone described their runway walk as "Plumbers on a mission"

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2022 1:49 PM

[quote] I hope she sued the fuck out of the doctor who took so much cartridge out of her nose that it cant be fixed. "Ethnic" nose jobs (think Persian, etc) are usually done very well in Bel Air/Beverly Hills. I don't think even the master plastic surgeons in South Korea can fix hers. It is a DISASTUH.

It always feels like emperor’s new clothes with Bella. So much swooning over her “unique” beauty as if no one sees that horrible nose or as if no no one knows how dramatically her face has been altered through surgery in general. It’s bizarre to me.

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2022 3:42 PM

That show The Other Two had a Vogue Gala Event "unveiling a 3rd Hadid's new plastic surgery". You should watch that show on HBO

by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2022 4:03 PM

"Model of the Year"? Someone decided these people weren't getting enough vapid adulation?

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2022 4:07 PM

Did she help Kanye defeat the tiny hat people?

by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2022 5:41 PM

Heroin chic arguably killed supermodels as we know it. Kate Moss looked like a malnourished street rat, the girls before her (Naomi, Cindy, Linda) were thin but not terrifyingly so. They looked like WOMEN.

by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2022 5:45 PM

I can imagine the judges with their fingers at the bottom of a barrel, scraping until their fingernails came off…

by Anonymousreply 28December 8, 2022 7:03 PM

She's nothing compared to the supermodels of the past. Her body is blah when compared to those of Naomi Campbell, Helena Christensen and Claudia Schiffer.

And that face, even with all the work, isn't much either.

by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2022 11:07 PM

Crazy but perfect

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2022 11:12 PM

I wish Naomi had left her face alone.

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2022 11:14 PM

She’s a model model!

It’s funny how “Model of the Month” sounds silly but “Model of the Year” sounds prestigious

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2022 11:16 PM

These models and celebrities are approached by medispas and dermatologists for free or low cost services. It seems once they begin to fuck around with their faces and bodies they could not stop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 8, 2022 11:26 PM

First hit is always free, baby.

by Anonymousreply 34December 9, 2022 12:10 AM

Her pelvic region disturbs me.

by Anonymousreply 35December 9, 2022 12:13 AM

Naomi, Chrsiti, Kate are models.

This is not a model.

by Anonymousreply 36December 9, 2022 12:44 AM

My anorexic daughter was robbed!

by Anonymousreply 37December 9, 2022 12:55 AM

I always loved the story about her when she got a DWI in high school and her mother wrote the scathing post about her car being filled with prescription pill bottles, trash and bloody Tampons.

Icon !

by Anonymousreply 38December 9, 2022 1:06 AM

Model of the Year…hmph 🤨🤨🤨

Goodbye my dear and GOOD LUCK!

by Anonymousreply 39December 9, 2022 1:09 AM

Model of the Year…hmph 🤨🤨🤨

Goodbye my dear and GOOD LUCK!

by Anonymousreply 40December 9, 2022 1:10 AM

The fashion industry is in the gutter now

by Anonymousreply 41December 9, 2022 3:11 AM

Please elaborate r38

by Anonymousreply 42December 9, 2022 6:08 AM

R38, that sounds awful. The family is trash.

by Anonymousreply 43December 9, 2022 10:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!