Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone else love those frozen from concentrate juices?

I haven’t had them since I was a kid but decided to buy some now that I have a new pitcher, and I was shocked by how good these taste.

I made the grape juice and … YUM. It’s delicious!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 9, 2022 8:15 AM

My pitcher of grape juice. Yummmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2022 10:30 PM

I love the frozen cranberry juice the most, with grape a close second. Less expensive as well.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2022 10:31 PM

During the summer, those would be our de facto popsicles. Brown label only.

Yeah, we were super poor.

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2022 10:33 PM

They're better than anything you buy in a bottle or jug. The ready-to-drink stuff has to be pasteurized, which kills much of the flavor. Recently I tried some orange juice concentrate after realizing how much cheaper it was than the jug, and I was surprised how much better the concentrate tasted.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2022 10:34 PM

R4- I feel the same, there is a very noticeable difference in the taste. The juice I was buying was getting a more watered down taste lately. I was actually a bit shocked when I started drinking frozen again . It actually tasted like juice use to when I was younger.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2022 10:40 PM

It’s been more than fifty years since I wished Mom would let us eat the concentrate out of the can. Now she’s gone and I guess I’m allowed. Thanks OP!

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2022 10:45 PM

R2 I bought the cranberry today! Target only sells Apple, Grape and Orange. I went to Stop & Shop and bought a few of their brand. I bought a Lemonade, a Pink Lemonade, a Limeade, a Fruit Punch, a Cranberry and a Wild Berry.

However, they aren’t always cheaper than the bottled juices anymore. Target has theirs the cheapest, at $1.99 each. Stop & Shop was almost $3 each and their Orange or Apple goes for almost $4!!!

They also had a strawberry daquiri flavor.

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2022 10:48 PM

That guys hand looks like a scrotum

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2022 10:56 PM

Processed foods lead to dementia.

Get some real fruit.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2022 11:16 PM

I get the 100% Orange Juice one in a while because it’s smaller than the carton and I don’t drink juice often. It’s not bad.

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2022 11:22 PM

I like to have a couple concentrate cans on hand bc they take up very little space as opposed to the cartons, bottles, or jugs.

They’re harder to find now. When did they fall out of favor?

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2022 11:27 PM

R11 they are harder to find now. And I wonder if that’s why they cost more now.

People probably prefer buying juice already made in a bottle.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2022 11:28 PM

Hawaii's Own concentrated juices are excellent. I especially like Guava Strawberry and Guava Raspberry. And the store I go to recently added the Pineapple Starfruit, which is really unique and delicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2022 12:25 AM

SAD LAST DAYS OP!!! Those wrinkled dehydrated hands have seen better days...

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2022 3:43 AM

When we were kids, my sister and I would eat the frozen Welch's Grape Juice concentrate like it was sorbet. Out mom would get so mad, because there went half the juice for breakfast...lol!

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2022 5:25 AM

I remember back in the early 80s as a young teenager, in summer when my parents were entertaining, they’d get me to make margaritas by mixing limeade concentrate with triple sec and tequila, over ice. Of course I’d leave some in the jug for myself.

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2022 5:48 AM

What do you mix this with? Tap water from the tub?

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2022 6:00 AM

I’ve been looking for concentrated OJ at Costco but they either stopped selling their Kirkland brand or have been sold out lately.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2022 6:13 AM

Oh, and agreed about the concentrate tasting better. You can also use less water for a stronger taste.

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2022 6:14 AM

Concentrated orange juice is the reason I don't like orange juice very much and hardly ever drink it. Although the last time I had it would have been the 80s or 90s and my mom would definitely have bought the cheapest kind. It's also possible she watered it down (you should have seen her 4-cheese-shreds-per-slice pizzas!). Is it better than back then?

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2022 6:38 AM

How is this cheaper? You have to buy the concentrate and then jugs of water.

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2022 10:27 AM

R6 you are still not allowed

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2022 10:48 AM

The Old Orchard ones are so good too

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2022 9:46 PM

Go to 6:05

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2022 9:51 PM

We used to thaw the frozen juice cylinder with hot tap water.

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2022 9:52 PM

Our family version of a whiskey sour is a can of lemonade concentrate, a can of beer and whiskey. We’ve been making them at holidays for years.

by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2022 9:55 PM

We are at the mercy of Big Juice, match.

by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2022 11:47 PM

[quote]I was shocked by how good these taste.

Of course sugar water tastes good, you fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 28December 9, 2022 12:06 AM

They’re necessary to make Orange Julius.

Has that been mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 29December 9, 2022 12:10 AM

The packaging costs more than the product it contains.

Get real fruit.

by Anonymousreply 30December 9, 2022 12:28 AM

edwierdo thread

by Anonymousreply 31December 9, 2022 12:33 AM

R30 real fruit in water is great. Making juices with real fruit is great too. But usually not what you’re wanting all the time. Sometimes we want concentrated juices.

by Anonymousreply 32December 9, 2022 2:36 AM

Is that a scrotum in OP’s photo?

by Anonymousreply 33December 9, 2022 4:39 AM

[quote]Sometimes we want concentrated juices.

Why would anyone want concentrated juices when making your own is so easy? Just get your juicer out and cut up any organic fruit you want. Be creative. The limit is your imagination! And best of all you know the ingredients in there so there’s no sugar, no preservatives, and you can rest assured it’s vegan, fat free, grain free and gluten free with no trans.

by Anonymousreply 34December 9, 2022 5:57 AM

Because they’re not alike and two completely different consistencies r34

by Anonymousreply 35December 9, 2022 7:09 AM

Why would fruit juice be trans anything???

by Anonymousreply 36December 9, 2022 8:09 AM

Piss off R34. This is a thread about juices from CONCENTRATE. We don't need to be told there are other kinds of juices. I have a vitamix and am a boring health nerd, but this isn't about boring health nerdery it's, again, about juice from concentrate. Please see yourself out.

by Anonymousreply 37December 9, 2022 8:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!