Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jennifer Lawrence was the first woman to ever lead an action movie, apparently

[...]

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2022 11:19 AM

Fuck this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2022 6:34 PM

Aliens? Terminator 2?

Screw this Weinstein-loving pug faced whore.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2022 6:36 PM

Sigourney Weaver would like to kick her ass.

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2022 6:36 PM

She saw Olivia Wilde and Emma Corrin stirring up shit and got the itch. The attention itch.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2022 6:38 PM

Dumb bitch.

Pam Grier in several movies

Linda Hamilton in Terminator

Queen Latifah / Vivica A. Fox / Jada in that movie about female bank robbers

Sigourney Weaver in Alien(s)

Michelle Yeoh in everything she's ever done

Demi Moore in GI Jane

Uma Thurman in Kill Bill

Sandy Bullock in Speed

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2022 6:41 PM

Angelina Jolie in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2022 6:46 PM

What a fucking retard she is. It’s like Sam Smith saying (when accepting the award) that he was the first openly gay man to win an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2022 6:53 PM

Wow, what is it like to be so ignorant? Wow! This kind of "can't see past my own nose" thinking is why people vote Republican. Is she that stupid?

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2022 6:57 PM

Agree that she is either 1) dumber than a box of hammers or 2) cynical and smart enough to know that this would put her back front and center in the buzz again.

I don't really care for her, and I'm liking her less and less, in either case.

The world has moved on, JLaw.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2022 7:00 PM

“I dropped out of middle school. I don't technically have a GED or a diploma,” the star said. “I am self-educated.”

Well, color me surprised, said no one ever.

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2022 7:01 PM

Didn't she originally say she finished High School years early so she could pursue acting?

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2022 7:07 PM

R11: She was lying. She claimed that she was released from H.S. early because she was an advanced student and had excellent grades.

She was either too stupid or too naïve to realize that after you become very famous, people will go digging into your past. The truth was gonna come out eventually.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2022 7:12 PM

Yea she's delusional or smoking crack. Sigourney, Halle, Angelina Jolie, Sandra Bullock.

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2022 7:20 PM

I'm often surprised (though I shouldn't be) by a lot of actors' ignorance of movies other than their own. A number of them have no awareness of film history at all, and might be surprised that people like me think it's part of their job to see great performances in great films, even films made long before they were born.

What exactly did they grow up watching that made them want to act at all?

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2022 7:26 PM

I hope neither she nor Viola get an Oscar nomination, both self-important windbags who don't appreciate how fucking lucky they are. I'm sure there's 100s of other people who would be just as good actors as them but don't get the break, although you'd never hear that from these crybabies.

Wasn't Lawrence complaining the other week how winning an Oscar turned her into a "commodity"? I'd argue doing 2 franchises turned her into that. And if winning was such a hardship she should have recognised the true winner, Emmanuelle Riva.

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2022 7:35 PM

This is what comes of being ignorant of the history of your own profession. There have been female action stars since the silent era.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2022 7:37 PM

And Viola Davis just let it lie there. I'm surprised she didn't "No dear, I AM the first female.lead in an action movie" her.

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2022 7:37 PM

You’re all wrong. Marsha P. Johnson was the first female to lead an action movie.

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2022 7:40 PM

R18, LOL. What's funny is Johnson wasn't even Trans, she just was a big drag queen. She has been rebranded by crazy Trans community.

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2022 7:42 PM

R14: Your post reminded me of the contestants on America’s Next Top Model.

Many of these hopefuls claimed they wanted to model since they were little, yet they didn’t know the names of top models from the past. They didn’t even know the names of big fashion designers, who would be their future employers should they succeed in their field. Hello?!

I assumed that a good percentage of these ignoramuses were interested in being famous by whatever means necessary. It certainly wasn’t like Linda Evangelista’s dream: a vocation that was cherished since childhood.

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2022 7:43 PM

Cunt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2022 8:34 PM

Didn't she cause Chris Pratt and his wife to break up? She's a real American hero the J-Law!

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2022 8:43 PM

why is she back ? didn't she get the memo ? everybody hates her guts

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2022 8:45 PM

When you work your way up you can do anything! 🤡 🎥

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2022 8:46 PM

She wasn’t my first, if you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2022 8:46 PM

What about Cleopatra Jones (1973) starring Tamara Dobson?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 7, 2022 8:52 PM

Yes, she fucked Chris Pratt when they were making a movie together.

But Pratt and Anna Faris broke up because she's emotionally unstable and a substance abuser (but otherwise a lovely person from the sound of it).

And he's a right-wing, gun-loving, Fundie nutbag with rage issues.

So JLaw may be a no-talent whore, but she's not a homewrecker, not really.

by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2022 8:52 PM

[Quote]So JLaw may be a no-talent whore, but she's not a homewrecker, not really.

Amy Robach has joined the discussion

by Anonymousreply 28December 7, 2022 9:02 PM

Wow I hope they're dragging her on social media. Linda Hamilton, Sigourney Weaver and Pam Grier would like a word with her.

by Anonymousreply 29December 7, 2022 9:07 PM

Charlie's Angels 2000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 7, 2022 9:09 PM

Stupid cunt makes an ass of herself and the film and her performance had no awards season chance to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 31December 7, 2022 9:10 PM

I’m wondering why a conversation between Jennifer Lawrence and Viola Davis would be of interest to anyone to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 32December 7, 2022 9:45 PM

Drunk again, huh, Jen?

by Anonymousreply 33December 7, 2022 10:11 PM

Drunk again, huh, Jen?

by Anonymousreply 34December 7, 2022 10:16 PM

Test. I commented and it didn’t post. Test … test …

by Anonymousreply 35December 7, 2022 10:18 PM

I never could stand her. Everyone loved her. Called her this great beauty and talent and bringing up the one role she did well and all I saw was the most basic of white bitches. People buy into the Hollywood PR machine so quickly. Disregarding how many members of that machine are bought. And after seeing some of her leaked nude pics I knew she spread herself to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 36December 7, 2022 10:51 PM

I wonder if she ever ate Nicholas Hoult's fine ass?

Don't forget she did Maggie Smith or Lily Tomlin out of an Oscar nomination when she was somehow nominated for that mop movie.

by Anonymousreply 37December 7, 2022 10:55 PM

She should stop doing interviews like Beyoncé and Swift because talking is not their friend.

by Anonymousreply 38December 7, 2022 11:02 PM

When she was getting all that positive press I assumed she was brazen and happy and guileless, which sure did seem to be a winning combo when set against the careful hunger and self absorption of all the beauty pageant winners in her age group who were striving to become “it,” and losing to her.

I’m sorry now to see that it went to her head and that she’s actually seriously dumb.

by Anonymousreply 39December 7, 2022 11:04 PM

R5 , R26, and R30 thank you !!!!! I had a " recollections may vary "moment . God damn she went full ignorant Millennial . I honestly was like... does she not know who Pam Grier is ?

I will add to movies others have stated:

Geena Davis - The Long Kiss Goodnight

Angelina Jolie - Salt, Wanted, Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Kate Bekinsale - The Underworld Series

Sandra Bullock - Demolition Man

Chloe Moretz-Grace - Kick Ass

Jennifer Garner - Elektra

Bridget Neilson - Red Sonja

Charlize - Aeon Flux

La Femme Nikita

Milla Jovovich - The Resident Evil series , Ultraviolet , and The Fifth Element .

Lawrence just shows her ignorance and self-centeredness with this commentary. La Femme Nikita is your prototype for a lot of the beautiful deadly women movies. JLaw's Red Sparrow , Charlize's Atomic Blonde, Jolie's Salt, Scarjo's Lucy are just rehashes of this troupe. I mean she was in Red Sparrow...... did she not think about her predecessors ?

I could go on a diatribe, but there is one actress whose entire career obliterates JLaw's comments and that is Michelle Yeoh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 8, 2022 3:45 AM

In addition to titles already mentioned there is also Angelina Jolie in Salt & Geena Davis in The Long Kiss Goodnight.

Can Jlaw just disappear.

by Anonymousreply 41December 8, 2022 3:45 AM

The funniest part is I’ve never seen The Hunger Games and I love female action movies.

by Anonymousreply 42December 8, 2022 3:49 AM

Im surprised (and somewhat impressed if im being honest) at how she managed to emerge out of the whole Weinstein thing pretty much unscathed, and apart from a few fags like us on an irrelevant forum, not at all discussed by the general public. She is litterally nothing more than a whore who sucked a deformed penis to get a career.

by Anonymousreply 43December 8, 2022 4:00 AM

r43 You're not supposed to bring up that she fucked Harvey Weinstein because it is "unwoke." But she did.

by Anonymousreply 44December 8, 2022 4:03 AM

Are we supposed to pretend that she hasn't always seemed a bit dim? I mean she's certainly very successful, but she's clearly not a deep-thinker.

by Anonymousreply 45December 8, 2022 4:06 AM

Bridget Fonda in “Point of No Return!”

Oh man, what a forgotten classic.

by Anonymousreply 46December 8, 2022 4:12 AM

Tanya Roberts did it with a bow & arrow, first

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 8, 2022 4:39 AM

[quote]Geena Davis in The Long Kiss Goodnight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 8, 2022 4:45 AM

Ahem.

by Anonymousreply 49December 8, 2022 5:01 AM

She was buddies with Amy Schumer and then kissed up to the Kardashians. She is trash.

by Anonymousreply 50December 8, 2022 5:04 AM

r41 - I am not even into action flicks but The Long Kiss Goodnight is great. Geena Davis and Sam Jackson are terrific.

by Anonymousreply 51December 8, 2022 5:07 AM

She misspoke but her main point is correct. There was and probably still is a major bias in Hollywood against female action movies. Male action movies appeal to all, lady action movies are just for girls, allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 52December 8, 2022 5:09 AM

In the end neither of these overrated, pompous hacks recruited any new fans or encouraged people to watch their movies. The only thing people will take away from this interview is that Viola locked her kid in her car and Jennifer forgot to buckle her kid in her car and oh thinks she’s the first female action star.

by Anonymousreply 53December 8, 2022 5:14 AM

Why the hell aren’t any of you ignorant bitches mentioning Lorraine Gary in “Jaws the Revenge?”

by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2022 5:16 AM

She had Harvey Weinstein's cock and sweaty balls in her mouth. How do you deal with that? The poor whore. I pity her.

by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2022 5:17 AM

R43: This arrogant cunt probably thinks she got roles because she’s fabulous and not because she blew Weinstein and a few directors. I would argue she really didn’t come out of it unscathed. Nobody is hiring her and she’s either producing her own films or begging her friends to help out. Causeway took 3 years to make it and she’s not getting any notice for it.

by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2022 5:17 AM

Didn't she fuck a married Chris Pratt too?

by Anonymousreply 57December 8, 2022 5:24 AM

She seems stupid. Did she get a disease from eating Harveys' gangrene cock?

And how actiony is she in the Hunger Games films? I remember lotsa posing and pouting, and fuck all kick ass action from a female protagonist.

by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2022 5:36 AM

Tura Satana in Faster, Pussycat, Kill! Kill!

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2022 5:40 AM

Meryl Streep packed on muscle and learned how to white water raft for The River Wild

Kathleen T in Romancing The Stone was somewhat actiony

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2022 11:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!