Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET to Susan Powter ?

Susan Powter was the crazy Aussie dynamo who was all over American TVs in the 80s and 90s begging us to 'Stop the Insanity!' She did exercise videos, diet books, infomericals, a television talk show, and much more that gained her quite a following. She had short blond hair and white pale skin - sort of Tabatha Coffey before Tabatha Coffey graced out screens. She made loads of money, then filed for bankruptcy in the late 90s (I think it was because she owed the IRS so much in taxes).

Last I heard about Powter, she came out as a lesbian in the mid-2000s, after two marriages and two children. Don't know if she still has her diet empire these days.

(Speaking of Coffey, whatever happened to her ? She dropped off the radar !)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2022 2:08 AM

She dropped the health angle and sort of morphed in Suze Orman.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2022 4:51 PM

Last time I saw her was over 10 years ago, when she was a judge on RuPaul’s Drag Race with LaToya Jackson. She looked just like she did in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2022 4:59 PM

She was Australian?

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2022 5:02 PM

R3 I googled it because I was wondering the same thing

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2022 5:04 PM

Her social media is private now, but there are several old threads noting her strange, cryptic postings on Twitter. I think she may be bipolar.

To her credit, she admitted she was wrong about carbs. She also admitted to being an alcoholic during her Stop the Insanity! years.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2022 5:13 PM

She's gone radio silent - no blog posts in 3 years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2022 5:23 PM

Interesting.

Any news on Coffey ?

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2022 5:24 PM

Tabatha became a life coach for womyn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2022 5:34 PM

I keep getting her and Sinead O'Connor mixed up. All White bald chicks look the same to me.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2022 5:37 PM

I rather liked her Alicia Bridges copycat "do".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2022 5:48 PM

Who remembers the episode of "The Cosby Show" where she guest-starred to help Claire drop weight for her h. s. reunion?

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2022 5:49 PM

R11, I do. And after 2 days of filming she woke up on the 3rd day feeling a little funny.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2022 5:52 PM

She saw a UFO over Northwest Highway in Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2022 2:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!