Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I have made it 5 days without Xanax !

After takings it for over 10 years! The withdrawal isn’t pretty, but I’m already feeling like my old fabulous self again !

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2022 10:39 PM

Are you tapering off under a doctor's supervision? You can't just stop Xanax cold turkey.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2022 11:40 AM

You've been taking it for ten years? Your brain must be fried by now, how do you even manage to recall your old self?

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2022 11:41 AM

I took .5 every night as a sleep aid. I hope I haven’t caused irreparable damage to my brain!

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2022 11:43 AM

Congratulations, OP! As you get older, you appreciate the bragging rights of being on the least to no prescription medications! So glad for you and others in your shoes.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2022 11:43 AM

That. Is. Great. Good for you!

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2022 11:44 AM

You're not supposed to go cold turkey. Sheesh. Be careful!

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2022 11:58 AM

Great job! I wish I could wean myself off Ambien at night.

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2022 12:04 PM

Now, just quite the weed and alcohol and you will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2022 1:50 PM

OP, if you are not weaning off under a doctor’s care please call your doctor today. Withdrawal symptoms often don’t start until day 5 of your last dose.

I seriously had a dear friend who went off Xanax cold turkey and then she died.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2022 2:07 PM

Awesome OP. I love people who can find happiness and tranquility without pharmaceuticals. Stay strong.

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2022 2:21 PM

Careful OP withdrawal can be a bitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2022 2:32 PM

[quote]After takings it for over 10 years! The withdrawal isn’t pretty, but I’m already feeling like my old fabulous self again !

Or, the sudden withdrawal from the drug has precipitated a manic episode...

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2022 2:58 PM

Seizures are very likely and no joke. If you aren’t under the care of a doctor you should be. If not please don’t drive for another 25 days. Think of how awful it would be if you had a withdrawal seizure while driving and hurt or killed others.

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2022 3:03 PM

Be careful, and, yes, call your doctor. If you've been doing/buying it illegally, they won't care. You are still in the danger zone, as it stays in your body for some time.

I also had a friend die during withdrawal. Valium is worse, do not switch to it.

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2022 3:04 PM

Are you able to fall asleep OP?

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2022 9:22 PM

Well done, Well done, Well DONE!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2022 9:27 PM

So? I've made in 70 years without one.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2022 9:42 PM

I made it a day without heroin

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2022 10:06 PM

I made it to lunch without cake.

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2022 10:24 PM

I recently cut down my Ambien from 10 to 5 mg. Still going to sleep the same as before. My doctor says he's going to cut me off soon, so I'm preparing and I'm incredibly worried.

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2022 10:28 PM

Whatever keeps you above ground

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2022 10:30 PM

Whatever gets you through the night is alright

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2022 10:38 PM

It keeps you runnin

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2022 10:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!