Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has anyone had facial fillers or Botox ?

I’m considering both. I’m 60, in good physical shape. I lost significant collagen in my face. I’m looking like a long time HIV patient, even though I’m negative. Any feedback is welcome, even the DL snark ! Thanks

by Anonymousreply 42December 8, 2022 11:07 PM

Fat implants are the way to go, especially for significant fat loss. Consult with a couple of plastic surgeons.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2022 11:19 AM

Be sure to go to a few different places for opinions. Botox is super easy enough - wears out in 4/5 months or so. I've tried Restylane also, seemed to be a bit better than botox - but could be my imagination.

Fillers seem scarier, so be sure to have your questions ready when you visit a few possible places.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2022 11:20 AM

We don't need this shit around here, Op, we all look so much younger than our years

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2022 11:21 AM

My mom uses Botox twice a year, she says she's happy with the results. She's about to turn 69.

No, she has no idea I just posted her picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2022 11:30 AM

R4 Why use Botox when you have bangs? A better use of her money would be having that open space between the counter and the oven sealed.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2022 11:35 AM

R3 Restylane is a filler. Do you mean Dysport or Xeomin maybe?

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2022 11:36 AM

[quote]A better use of her money would be having that open space between the counter and the oven sealed.

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but we don't care that much about gaps between appliances here in Brazil.

You know, first world problems.

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2022 11:39 AM

I am 60 and have done both. I do not like the effect of Botox, which made my forehead feel heavy, dropped my eyebrows and gave my eyes a bit of a hooded look even at very low doses. Botox did help my crows feet.

I’ve done different fillers (depending on my Dr’s preference) for about 10 years and know a number of guys our age who do as well. They reduce my laugh lines and give my cheeks volume below my eyes and around my mouth. The entire effect lifts my face and makes me look and feel younger. No one has ever noticed.

The appts are a couple of times a year for 15 minutes with some black and blue marks for a few days. Once I looked like I was punched for about 5 days.

Its definitely worth the cost. Go to a good dermatologist and see what he or she says.

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2022 11:39 AM

I looked WEEKS younger after my botox kicked in!

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2022 12:00 PM

R6 Oops, you are right - I did mean Dysport - my mistake!

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2022 12:02 PM

And you people say men dying their hair is sad, this involves needles.

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2022 3:43 PM

When used conservatively by a qualified Dr., you can get really good, subtle results

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2022 4:17 PM

46 here and Nope.

I'm naturally ageless.

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2022 4:27 PM

"I’m looking like a long time HIV patient, even though I’m negative."

Gurl, you needed to resort to this pathetic cliche to describe your sorry appearance?

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2022 4:29 PM

I've heard that going to a dermatologist and having Botox or fillers put in is much cheaper than going to a cosmetic surgeon (and your health insurance may cover a portion of your expenses through a dermatologist). I know a few close friends in their 60s who went this route.

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2022 4:34 PM

R7 Look! It’s the spokesperson for the country that made GE put legs on major appliances so Brazilians could easily clean under them. Not to mention oh, maybe, the state subsidized cosmetic plastic surgery? Anyone from Brazil on DL isn’t exactly visiting from the favela.

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2022 11:49 PM

OP, be careful. Many men become hideous caricatures of themselves, after cosmetic procedures. Their faces look unnatural and subtly feminine. It's best to age naturally. If you have a hot body, you'll get more mileage out of that than with a botched up face.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2022 12:01 AM

I did botox for about 20 years. I was happy with the results. Now that I'm over 60, I don't care anymore. Fillers were never my thing and I'm not sure it would have looked authentic.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2022 12:09 AM

A friend’s excellent plastic surgeon told her to never get fillers as the weight of the fillers causes your skin to eventually sag creating more damage that has to be corrected later.

Scared me off them - and I could really use them now.

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2022 12:20 AM

Op is a cruel Bastard with HIV patient comment .

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2022 12:21 AM

Botox twice a year is good for me.

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2022 12:23 AM

Botox kicked in right away. A slight headache, but my forehead was much improved (my resting bitchface is accompanied by a furrowed brow).

I recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2022 1:58 AM

Sorry OP, 43 and look 14, maybe 15 in bad lighting, and 4-5 in candlelight..

Sunscreen and I am basically a beacon of light for all that come close.

No joke, its loss of facial fat that ages you- So any good filler will help you out.

I asked about this once about 10-12 years ago? I had lost a lot of weight and my face looked gaunt. At that time the doctor recommended Sculptra (which was one of the original fillers for men suffering from facial wasting from AIDS)

It was my cheek area that bothered me while most people loved my chiseled facial structure, I hated it- Luckily through eating properly my face came back around. However, I am clearly prone to that look and will probably revisit it when I am your age.

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2022 2:15 AM

Im in my early forties and get Botox three times a year. It’s been great for me. My face is line-less, but still moves.

by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2022 2:21 AM

I did Retin-a starting in my 30s and 20 years later, no deep wrinkles/crows-feet.

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2022 2:28 AM

I just am having my eyes done because I wear a mask everywhere and that's all people see, at least if I'm not wearing sunglasses and my 1928 Sisters of the Holy Assumption habit, too.

by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2022 2:44 AM

I have used Sculptra , lasted me 5 years each session highly recommended and R4 tell your mom she looks FAB for 69 and thats coming from an eldergay and they are always truthful about esthetics !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2022 3:43 AM

R25 Retin-A is a game changer.

And that’s the thing. Someone mentioned a dermatologist, it’s true.

Celebrities have dermatologists. They don’t use department store skin scare, they use what their dermatologist recommends which is usually straight products like Retin-A and other things.

Someone like Kim Kardashian will come out and say “oh my skin care line has A and B and C in it” and it’s like if you have a dermatologist, you can get the A and B and C directly without it being filtered and manufactured down into some fancy overpriced bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 28December 8, 2022 4:06 AM

Your needs, if any, depend very much on your specific circumstances, issues, and goals...

Get some recommendations and see a couple of good doctors.

by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2022 4:24 AM

In terms of wrinkles, I think Botox is much more effective than Retin-A.

by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2022 5:58 AM

If done right both can be very effective and improve your appearance greatly.

Like anything else, the ones you notice are the ones that are done badly.

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2022 6:09 AM

I have filler and am quite pleased with the result. My aesthetician knows what she's doing and won't overdo it when I suggest otherwise. It's good to have an injector who wants to make it look good and won't just do whatever you ask. The filler just filled in a hollowed out spot to make it even with the rest of the face and it doesn't make any bulge.

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2022 6:10 AM

R27, she says "Thank you!" and sends you lots of kisses!😘

by Anonymousreply 33December 8, 2022 12:17 PM

I’ve had Botox probably 5 times

by Anonymousreply 34December 8, 2022 12:28 PM

I drink mustard!

by Anonymousreply 35December 8, 2022 12:30 PM

Buck would never get Botox or fillers.

by Anonymousreply 36December 8, 2022 12:31 PM

Most people don't have enough money to get good work done and most people don't start early enough to get away with it. Early and a little is supposed to be the best model, unless you want to look like you had work done. Life is a series of phases. The one where you can skate by on your looks is probably over. Come to terms with it.

by Anonymousreply 37December 8, 2022 12:32 PM

I get a little botox here and there, the most important part is to look natural.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 8, 2022 12:36 PM

If you can afford it and your looks are important to you, go for it! You will probably be pleased with the results.

by Anonymousreply 39December 8, 2022 1:59 PM

R38 What has Kathy Griffin done to herself?

by Anonymousreply 40December 8, 2022 2:27 PM

You might, but they're all gonna laugh at you.

by Anonymousreply 41December 8, 2022 2:41 PM

Don't do anything to your face, OP. That's not why I left you.

by Anonymousreply 42December 8, 2022 11:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!