Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ellen Burstyn turns 90 today!

Happy Birthday, Ellen!

So young!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2022 12:34 AM

She shares a birthday with legend Aaron Carter, who would have turned 35 today.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2022 10:26 AM

She's the better Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2022 10:34 AM

More recent Ellen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2022 11:05 AM

They better get on that Exorcist sequel.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2022 11:37 AM

Slay bitch slay! So many amazing performances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2022 2:38 PM

I'm still pissed she didn't win the Oscar for Requiem For A Dream and cuntface Julia Roberts got it. Her performance in RFAD was one of the most heartbreaking, brilliant performances I have ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2022 11:12 PM

R6 that movie is great artistically but makes you want to puke

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 11:17 PM

Same Time Next Year is one of my favorite movies. Yes, I know, sappy bs but I love it. As such, I love Ellen. She can do no wrong.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2022 11:21 PM

I love her so, so much. She donated her entire salary from the new exorcist film in production to establish a scholarship for young actors. She also has one of the most interesting autobiographies I've ever read. A truly self-actualized person.

I can't believe that cunt Billy Friedkin denied having a 4 year affair with her during and after The Exorcist. Why would she lie? The way she told it in her book, he was a serial womanizer and seemed to have broken her heart.

But, I digest. Happy Birthday Ellen!

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2022 11:47 PM

I have next to no optimism for the Exorcist sequel, so I hope she has a few good roles left in her before she goes. I'd hate for that to be her final film.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2022 11:48 PM

A true actress, not a vapid whore.

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2022 11:51 PM

Agreed R10. Green and Blum are nothing but hacks. When I read one of them proclaiming that the script was "written over a few Zoom calls" during the pandemic, I resigned myself of any hope.

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2022 11:52 PM

[quote] But, I digest. Happy Birthday Ellen!

Haha

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2022 11:54 PM

I think they’re killing her off Law and Order OC this season. Supposed to be a character death, hers seems the most likely. She’s too good for that show anyway.

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2022 11:58 PM

She was so good in the King of Marvin Gardens

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2022 12:03 AM

R14 I will miss her though, she's been incredible. That sub-plot with James Cromwell was heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2022 12:21 AM

She's a terrific actress. I never saw her in anything I didn't like.

by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2022 12:29 AM

I agree that her autobiography is so engaging and honest. My cousin was friends with her son and he said there was nothing actressy about her.

by Anonymousreply 18December 9, 2022 12:33 AM

Resurrection. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2022 12:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!