Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WARNOCK WINS

Warnock fends off Walker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208December 14, 2022 5:56 PM

Hallelujah!

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2022 2:40 AM

Walker will probably be dead by March due to unexplained circumstances

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2022 2:46 AM

Thank You God!

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2022 2:49 AM

[quote] Walker will probably be dead by March due to unexplained circumstances

R2 My guess it will be by werewolf. Or perhaps vampire.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2022 2:52 AM

Or, by the hand of one of his baby mamas.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2022 2:55 AM

Well, this is a very puzzling development. We were told by NYT, CNN, Politico, et al. that the midterms would be a red tsunami.

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2022 2:56 AM

We just need him to concede now....hopefully, Trump doesn't get him on the phone.

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2022 2:58 AM

JHC! Was this a freaking close election, or what? One of the most qualified, serious, sober and capable candidates in the entire Senate running against one of the most ignorant, compromised, illiterate boobs in the ENTIRE COUNTRY and it looks like a 1% squeaker win!

Our country is an embarrassment!

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2022 3:01 AM

Wild conspiracy theory: Republicans ran Walker knowing he had a shabby past. He was supposed to win, then resign... then Kemp would appoint his replacement?

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2022 3:01 AM

Thank goodness! So many things to be thankful for with this win. Not least of which, these two corrupt, progress-stalling, sellout motherfuckers just got knee-capped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2022 3:02 AM

Walker began his concession with " I'd like to thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ." I'd just love to have heard a voice from heaven bellow, "Fuck you, bitch."

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2022 3:03 AM

Mitch McConnell didn't want Walker. According to Walker's son, Trump pressured Walker into running.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2022 3:04 AM

Fell out a hospital window R2? Or special tea?

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2022 3:06 AM

This was a one off due to very unusual circumstances. The Deep South will NEVER be Blue.

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2022 3:06 AM

When is the GOP going to realize this MAGA crap is not working anymore.

They should have destroyed the Democrats in November, with the public’s worries about inflation and crime, and instead the Democrats have a bigger lead in the Senate and the GOP’s majority is less than 5 seats, which could disappear in the next two years due to resignations/deaths/etc.

Trump and MAGA are a losing proposition for them, and they are seemingly incapable of change-or is there nobody left in the GOP to turn the ship aroumd?

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2022 3:09 AM

It's all they have now R15. They will hold on a flog this dead horse for a while yet. Probably until Dump loses yet another election.

I'm all for it.

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2022 3:10 AM

R7, we don't need him to concede. Doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2022 3:12 AM

I’m convinced Dump is blackmailing a few of the Repuke leaders, including McConnell. He oaf has been allowed to completely destroy what was once a viable party. It must be some really hot tea.

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2022 3:12 AM

Walker's batshit crazy son is right. A boring old white GOP dude would have easily beaten Warnock.

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2022 3:13 AM

Haha, Laura Ingraham said on TV "I'm pissed tonight". She's not happy at all about Warnock winning, which makes it sweeter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2022 3:15 AM

I'm not sure of that, R19.

by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2022 3:15 AM

Raphael Warnock is a hot daddy and also has *exceptionally long fingers.* I'm glad he won and I'd like to know his shoe size.

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2022 3:16 AM

Conservatives will be back to talking about Hunter Biden before the end of the week.

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2022 3:16 AM

Ted, Herschel and Lindsey are sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2022 3:23 AM

Manchin's balls got cut off tonight.

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2022 3:30 AM

Lindsey's gonna be eating her feelings

by Anonymousreply 26December 7, 2022 3:33 AM

Herschel's son reacts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2022 3:33 AM

r14 has forgotten the 2020 election results in Georgia already, I see.

by Anonymousreply 28December 7, 2022 3:34 AM

Warnock is fantastic- love him

by Anonymousreply 29December 7, 2022 3:35 AM

[quote] Walker will probably be dead by March due to unexplained circumstances

I hope Walker lives to old age because he will very likely have CTE related dementia and his golden years won't be pretty.

by Anonymousreply 30December 7, 2022 3:42 AM

Whoohooo! Came here looking for this news!

by Anonymousreply 31December 7, 2022 3:43 AM

Would Warnock have a good chance of winning president someday?

by Anonymousreply 32December 7, 2022 3:45 AM

R14, a black and a Jew now represent Georgia. And the back was elected TWICE.

by Anonymousreply 33December 7, 2022 3:47 AM

Until the incessant cheating is fixed, no.one expected otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 34December 7, 2022 3:48 AM

[quote] these two corrupt, progress-stalling, sellout motherfuckers just got knee-capped.

It no longer matters. The republicans control the house now.

by Anonymousreply 35December 7, 2022 3:50 AM

You know that there’s a whole lot of shit the Senate does regardless of the house, r35, and having it at 51/49 allows the Dems to get things done a lot more smoothly and quickly than 50/50.

by Anonymousreply 36December 7, 2022 3:54 AM

As I watched Warnock’s victory speech it occurred to me that he was kind of like a cross between Biden and Obama. He knows how to give a great speech but he also comes across as very down to earth.

I don’t even believe in God but THANK GOD HE WON.

by Anonymousreply 37December 7, 2022 3:54 AM

Oh happy day!

by Anonymousreply 38December 7, 2022 4:05 AM

R17, we did need him to concede. By doing so, he's not following in Trump's footsteps and is saying the election results are legit. That was a big win or democracy and hopefully the beginning of the end of claims of election fraud.

by Anonymousreply 39December 7, 2022 4:10 AM

[quote]This was a one off due to very unusual circumstances. The Deep South will NEVER be Blue.

The Deep South is actually deep purple, with a white power structure that goes back generations and gerrymandered to hell and back today.

Voters in urban South areas (Atlanta, Jackson, New Orleans) are extremely progressive.

When the crosstabs come out tomorrow I think we'll find — again — that black women voters made all the difference in this race.

by Anonymousreply 40December 7, 2022 4:18 AM

R39, we didn't "need" him to concede at all. The process would have happened regardless. Warnock won by over 89,000 votes. That's my point. Democrats don't need to prove their legitimacy.

by Anonymousreply 41December 7, 2022 4:26 AM

[quote]Manchin's balls got cut off tonight.

But then there's Sinema (AZ) who dresses like a street hooker and loves the attention of being a contrarian.

But nevertheless, I'm thrilled! Thank you Hotlanta!

by Anonymousreply 42December 7, 2022 4:27 AM

Ha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 7, 2022 4:35 AM

^ Love Wanda Sykes

by Anonymousreply 44December 7, 2022 4:38 AM

Just so you will know, and your children will someday know . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2022 4:50 AM

[quote] It no longer matters. The republicans control the house now.

R35 For now. With a slim, 5-seat majority, when we were all supposed to be running for higher ground to escape the RED TSUNAMI. Oh, did I mention that the average age of US House members is 58.4 years old? We'll see if the GQP manages to hold on to this majority for the upcoming two-year term. We're already seeing a repeat of 2015 when Boehner resigned, they may not even be able to elect a fucking Speaker.

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2022 4:51 AM

On to the Speakership fight in the House. It's going to be so DELICIOUS if the GQP nutjobs fuck Kevin McCarthy over.

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2022 4:56 AM

Oh dem po' Georgia christians!

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2022 4:58 AM

Georgia on my mind tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2022 5:00 AM

We know, R49.

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2022 5:22 AM

What a fabulous acceptance speech from Senator Warnock. I forgot that he was the senior pastor at MLK Jr's former church. Honestly, he should be a serious contender for the Dem nomination in 2024. He would be such a forceful moral authority against Trump or Desantis.

by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2022 5:29 AM

Not pass laws though, r36, and that was what Sinema and Manchin really screwed up.

Yes there are matters of committees and power sharing that go away now but those two largely derailed Biden’s ability to pursue his agenda, and their diminishment is now irrelevant on the legislative front.

I mean I’m happy and all but let’s not get carried away.

by Anonymousreply 52December 7, 2022 5:34 AM

Herschel Walker has conceded so that's not an issue.

by Anonymousreply 53December 7, 2022 5:37 AM

I'm glad he won, but I can't believe almost 49% of voters chose Walker. How can anyone vote for that clown?

by Anonymousreply 54December 7, 2022 5:38 AM

Oh, Bootsy,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 7, 2022 5:38 AM

It serves no purpose to bash Sinema and Manchin. You’ll need at least one of them for all votes (Including judges and appointments). Last thing you want is for them to switch parties or go independent putting McConnell back as a blockade of everything. But I love these Georgia senators - real fighters and good guys. I’m happy tonight!

by Anonymousreply 56December 7, 2022 5:39 AM

Maybe there is a God.

by Anonymousreply 57December 7, 2022 5:39 AM

[quote]but those two largely derailed Biden’s ability to pursue his agenda

I don't think this is true - Biden has gotten major agenda items passed. He's had to give up a few things but I doubt he ever thought he would get everything he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 58December 7, 2022 5:41 AM

Won by <3 points? I was expecting like a double digits blow-out... WTF is wrong with Georgia??!!

by Anonymousreply 59December 7, 2022 5:51 AM

"It no longer matters. The republicans control the house now."

Not quite. It remains to-be-determined which Republicans will control the house: Trump's Republicans or the remaining, semi-rational Republicans. My guess is they'll opt for rationality and begin dialing back the crazy.

by Anonymousreply 60December 7, 2022 5:56 AM

R9 is spot on. They figured as long as he won -- which he ALMOST DID -- that they could then (finally) make some excuse about his missing brain, and replace him with any other repug.

by Anonymousreply 61December 7, 2022 5:57 AM

Thank God he won, but that never should have been a close election.

by Anonymousreply 62December 7, 2022 5:59 AM

[quote]When is the GOP going to realize this MAGA crap is not working anymore.

They're stuck on stupid, r15.

You should see the comments on conservative posts about this loss. Naturally, they're marching to the same "sToLEn eLEcTiON" drumbeat that absolutely everyone with a modicum of sense is tired of hearing at this point.

by Anonymousreply 63December 7, 2022 6:00 AM

The GOP base voters will just keep doubling and tripling down on the crazy. They're not going back to voting for the likes of Jeb Bush.

by Anonymousreply 64December 7, 2022 6:03 AM

[quote]I’m convinced Dump is blackmailing a few of the Repuke leaders, including McConnell.

It wouldn't surprise me. The man has changed his political party affiliation several times and is on record stating that he identifies more as a Democrat. Maybe all of this was a deliberate take-down of the Republican party. Because lord knows he has seriously fucked up the GOP beyond all repair, and they've all but given him the ball peen hammer to execute the job.

He only has a following because, like most psychopaths, he's able to easily manipulate the weak-minded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 7, 2022 6:07 AM

^ It was a little strange how McCarthy and Lindseybelle denounced him the day after the 1/6 insurrection, then a few days later they get called down to Maga-Lardo and then they did a 360.

by Anonymousreply 66December 7, 2022 6:09 AM

YAY! YAY! YAY!

by Anonymousreply 67December 7, 2022 6:33 AM

It was still pretty close. The margin should have been wider....but great news.

by Anonymousreply 68December 7, 2022 6:35 AM

I think it's more that they're afraid of the fanatically loyal Trump voters. I doubt Trump has much on them except gossip.

by Anonymousreply 69December 7, 2022 6:35 AM

This drops Manchin's position of power down now. Sinema's, too...

by Anonymousreply 70December 7, 2022 6:36 AM

Jake Tapper is not holding back on Herschel. "He's not a good person"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 7, 2022 6:37 AM

hahahaha

The Turd and McBumfuck deserve each other and the total annihilation of the Repug Party!

hahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 72December 7, 2022 6:50 AM

Warnock now leads Walker by 95,000 votes and 2.8%.

by Anonymousreply 73December 7, 2022 6:58 AM

It was too close for comfort, though. Probably a lot of repub gerrymandering...making sure some counties were solidly red. If that's the case, even with that, the Democrats still won.

by Anonymousreply 74December 7, 2022 7:27 AM

[quote]Conservatives will be back to talking about Hunter Biden before the end of the week.

Oh, honey. Why wait?

[quote]Steven Turner @DocSST Just turned to Fox News to see how they were covering the #GASEN and they had Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham talking about Hunter Biden. This is our problem in a nutshell. There is a large segment of our population who hears nothing else but this bs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 7, 2022 7:34 AM

R74. Gerrymandering is a real and deplorable thing but it has nothing to do with the outcome of a statewide race.

by Anonymousreply 76December 7, 2022 7:37 AM

So glad Warnock won...again! He's my senator & I'm happy he finally got his 6 year senate term.

I am so exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 77December 7, 2022 8:17 AM

[quote] Thank You God!

I said almost the same thing at 5:30am when I woke up, and I'm an atheist. Now the Senate dems need to get down to work stopping every single thing the republicans in the House try.

by Anonymousreply 78December 7, 2022 10:53 AM

I was just thinking Rev Warnock might get to relax for a bit after constantly campaigning for years - but might Biden select him as the VP candidate for 2024 to replace Kamala?

[quote] Wild conspiracy theory: Republicans ran Walker knowing he had a shabby past. He was supposed to win, then resign... then Kemp would appoint his replacement?

I don’t think it’s that complex. Idiot Trump dreamed this up because Walker was a beloved college football player in a state that loves college football. And there was probably the further stupidity calculus of “they’re running a black candidate, we’ll run a black candidate too!”

by Anonymousreply 79December 7, 2022 11:34 AM

I’m sure there are debates about this, but I wouldn’t consider Georgia the Deep South. Georgia is with VA and NC, which the Dems should continue targeting (I thought it was a miracle when VA went Blue in 2008, and now it’s expected). When people talk about the “New South” it’s these states, where the suburbs and college-educated populations are growing.

The Deep South is AL, MS, and LA, with SC as a border state that has a little of both. Dems still don’t have a prayer there, with rare exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 80December 7, 2022 11:38 AM

People have big misconceptions about the South. NC is definitely purple and next to turn will be SC. While states like Ohio and Florida are almost solid red now.

by Anonymousreply 81December 7, 2022 11:42 AM

LA has a popular Dem. Governor.

by Anonymousreply 82December 7, 2022 11:44 AM

In this day and age of 5k squeakers,100,000 vote lead and win is absolutely enormous. The day of double digit blowouts on the national stage are long over. There will be discussion now of Warnock as a Pres candidate, despite Herschel Walker being a notoriously weak candidate.

Can we also congratulate Warnock’s team who has managed to win two extremely difficult elections? Their strategies and ground game are fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 83December 7, 2022 12:01 PM

This feels like when Doug Jones beat Roy Moore by the skin of his teeth in Alabama. It’s a disturbingly close election that should have been a slam dunk. It’s a victory, but one that gives chills about what’s wrong with the system. The Dems pulled it out but have to not let up for a day.

by Anonymousreply 84December 7, 2022 12:12 PM

Most Republicans are going to vote Republican regardless of the candidate. It really is going to come down to the Independents. The Democrats also need to grow their base.

by Anonymousreply 85December 7, 2022 12:31 PM

I could totally see Sinema switching parties. She's that crazy & desperate for attention. Not sure about Manchin - I don't think even he is crazy enough for the repigs at this point

by Anonymousreply 86December 7, 2022 12:33 PM

Herschel always has his law enforcement career to fall back on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 7, 2022 12:35 PM

[quote]Can we also congratulate Warnock’s team who has managed to win two extremely difficult elections? Their strategies and ground game are fantastic.

The rest of the democratic party can learn from them

This should have been a slam dunk. Especially with Roe being overturned and Georgia having a law that only allows abortions up to 6 weeks. The democrats need to pass a voter's rights bill IMMEDIATELY. Do not put any pork in it. Just get it passed. The repugs will be rolling out even more voter suppression laws within the next two months

by Anonymousreply 88December 7, 2022 12:43 PM

Yes. There might have been a different outcome had the Democrats not successfully sued for Saturday voting.

by Anonymousreply 89December 7, 2022 12:55 PM

I am in the minority, but I welcome a Trump nomination in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 90December 7, 2022 1:27 PM

Where can I find election data broken down by demographics for this race?

and r90 be very careful what you wish for. That's what everyone said in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 91December 7, 2022 1:33 PM

He didn't win by a landslide, which is unnerving.

by Anonymousreply 92December 7, 2022 1:43 PM

R86, I think even Sinema knows that would be a one-way death knell for her. Given the state of the GOP, far better to straddle the fence as a DINO than to completely align herself with the GOP with no way back.

by Anonymousreply 93December 7, 2022 1:44 PM

Christian Walker still takes it up the back door!

by Anonymousreply 94December 7, 2022 1:44 PM

They asked Herschel to do a concession speech, but he didn't want to pay for another abortion

by Anonymousreply 95December 7, 2022 1:46 PM

"He didn't win by a landslide, which is unnerving."

I have a different take on this. Again, midterms usually are a referendum on the incumbent administration. As such, again Republicans came out STRONG. And even then they couldnt eke out a win. That's because their influence is on the wane. Their rural areas are dying on the vine.

Georgia just several years ago was a red state. Counties that were deep deep red have flipped blue. That trend isnt dying.

I'm not saying all is good. It's sure fucking aint. But this is a win we should feel categorically positive about. Because in another few years, these wins won't be so close if we keep the momentum going.

by Anonymousreply 96December 7, 2022 1:52 PM

I will applaud him for the concession speech and he seemed coherent.

by Anonymousreply 97December 7, 2022 1:54 PM

He did R97. If he sounded like that during the campaign, he'd have won.

by Anonymousreply 98December 7, 2022 2:00 PM

I had to guffaw at this tweet.

Wanda Sykes @iamwandasykes

11h I bet they asked Herschel Walker if he was ready to make his concession speech, and he said, “Yes, two hot dogs please.”

Congratulations @ReverendWarnock

Thank you GA!🙌🏾

by Anonymousreply 99December 7, 2022 2:06 PM

I know this has probably been posted countless times on DL, but just had to post it again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 7, 2022 2:10 PM

Has McTurtle his retirement plans yet?

by Anonymousreply 101December 7, 2022 2:14 PM

[quote]Thank goodness! So many things to be thankful for with this win. Not least of which, these two corrupt, progress-stalling, sellout motherfuckers just got knee-capped.

Without whom, their seats would likely be comfortably rethug, giving them control of the Senate, idiot.

Their seats are in Arizona and West Virginia - in your addled brain, do you honestly think another dem would be able to win either seat in those two states?

by Anonymousreply 102December 7, 2022 2:15 PM

R102 Democrats have been winning every statewide race in Arizona these past few years, so Sinema ain't some fucking unicorn.

by Anonymousreply 103December 7, 2022 2:25 PM

Christian Walker speaks:

“Don’t beat women, hold guns to people’s heads, fund abortions then pretend you’re pro-life, stalk cheerleaders, leave your multiple minor children alone to chase more fame, lie, lie, lie, say stupid crap, and make a fool of your family,” he wrote. “And then maybe you can win a Senate seat.”

Christian Walker, a conservative, blasted Republicans for choosing his father to vie for high office.

“We say we don’t play ‘identity politics’ and then you ran this man mainly because he was the same skin color as his opponent with no background other than football,” the son wrote. “A boring old Republican could have won.”

by Anonymousreply 104December 7, 2022 2:50 PM

I would like to think this blue wave in GA in part is from all the Los Angeles/NY people who moved to Atlanta to work in the huge film industry there.

by Anonymousreply 105December 7, 2022 2:53 PM

[quote]When is the GOP going to realize this MAGA crap is not working anymore.

Who cares? They should keep doing this for the next 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 106December 7, 2022 2:56 PM

Hooray for Senator Warnock!

Summa y’all are just stuck with being the turd in the punch bowl. Given Repukes gerrymandering ,voter suppression and general corruption this is a huge victory for Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 107December 7, 2022 2:59 PM

the contempt the other side feels for Americans is complete.

They could have chosen any other candidate to run for the seat but they put Walker up there to make the point, "all blacks are the same". in this case, their guy is a Texan, with a history of domestic abuse, no prior political experience and obvious cognitive impairment.

by Anonymousreply 108December 7, 2022 3:10 PM

[quote]I would like to think this blue wave in GA in part is from all the Los Angeles/NY people who moved to Atlanta to work in the huge film industry there.

You would because you're one of those arrogant coastal elites who thinks that anyone who does not live on the coasts is an imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 109December 7, 2022 3:11 PM

[quote]I would like to think this blue wave in GA in part is from all the Los Angeles/NY people who moved to Atlanta to work in the huge film industry there.

Then you would also have to credit the overwhelmingly red wave in Florida to the hoards of New Yorkers who have relocated there.

by Anonymousreply 110December 7, 2022 3:12 PM

His crazed son is making point for point why his father is unfit for office. Why didn't they find some old white guy to run?

by Anonymousreply 111December 7, 2022 3:15 PM

Why didn't they trot out OJ Simpson to run for the seat!

by Anonymousreply 112December 7, 2022 3:18 PM

[quote] Not quite. It remains to-be-determined which Republicans will control the house: Trump's Republicans or the remaining, semi-rational Republicans.

Do you really think they’ll vote for Biden’s agenda? That’s what we’re talking about here.

by Anonymousreply 113December 7, 2022 3:20 PM

[quote] I don't think this is true - Biden has gotten major agenda items passed.

Can we pick an argument here?

by Anonymousreply 114December 7, 2022 3:21 PM

[quote]It’s a disturbingly close election that should have been a slam dunk

It's only ever close because most southern whites are racist, conservative trash and many within that group have the audacity to be both low income andv ote Republican to punish the hand that feeds them.

by Anonymousreply 115December 7, 2022 3:24 PM

Let sleepin' dawgs lie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116December 7, 2022 3:34 PM

No doubt Trump will soon be telling everyone that Herschel would have won had Trump been allowed to campaign with him in GA. Nothing is every Fatso's fault.

by Anonymousreply 117December 7, 2022 3:46 PM

Nice steal!

by Anonymousreply 118December 7, 2022 3:48 PM

[quote]Why didn't they trot out OJ Simpson to run for the seat!

Don't laugh -- he could probably win a statewide election in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 119December 7, 2022 4:03 PM

[quote] You would because you're one of those arrogant coastal elites who thinks that anyone who does not live on the coasts is an imbecile.

Are you one of those "arrogant coastal elites" who doesn't know that Georgia is on the East Coast?

by Anonymousreply 120December 7, 2022 4:04 PM

[quote]Summa y’all are just stuck with being the turd in the punch bowl. Given Repukes gerrymandering ,voter suppression and general corruption this is a huge victory for Democrats.

As has already been mentioned, gerrymandering has absolutely NO effect on a statewide election.

by Anonymousreply 121December 7, 2022 4:05 PM

R105 Yes, because Georgians are ignorant peckerwoods who are only rescued when Hollywood dipshits relocate to the Peach State.

by Anonymousreply 122December 7, 2022 4:06 PM

As has been stated above many times, Republican voters would vote for Charles Manson if he had an R behind his name. Trump's buddies are cheering on Hitler (HITLER!!) and it still won't turn off these people. They are in a cult. I just wish that Covid had killed off more of them, they're holding our country back.

by Anonymousreply 123December 7, 2022 4:16 PM

R19 I'mremote. sure about that. They ran Walker for a reason. He got a larger share of the black vote than a traditional GOP candidate would. The new demographics is why it is a solid swing state. Fortunately all his drama, and glaringly stupid remarks really mobilized the base for this revote.

by Anonymousreply 124December 7, 2022 4:25 PM

I typed not so sure about that. I'm deleting grammarly.

by Anonymousreply 125December 7, 2022 4:27 PM

Look.b Not all the voters who voted for Walker are crazy MAGAs. The Republicans flooded our media with vicious ugly lies about Warnock and Biden, and pounded on inflation as if the world were ending. If you were a low information voter, which most of them are, you bought it. You bought the fact that Warnock paid for swimming pools in New Jersey while Georgia's were struggling to put food on the table. Yes that was an ad. They saturated social media and TV with vile smears, lies and threats. Most voters like these don't pay attention to a campaign until the last two or three weeks. It was ugly. Tell you what. I am grateful for all the money and workers and phone calls and door knockers the whole country mobilized to help us. For future, we need to do more to neutralize the northern rural areas, and mobilize younger voters. The dumbass Republicans believe they "almost" won and they blame Trump and Hershel. They will double down thinking they can win with the same vicious tactics. We have to demand more from voters. We need to inoculate them from the lies and the attacks.

by Anonymousreply 126December 7, 2022 4:28 PM

A 51 seat majority in the Senate gives the Democrats subpoena power that they didn't have with a 50-50 Senate. Now the Senate can match the house when they start going nuts with silly subpoenas. With a 50-50 Senate they would have had to reply on at least one Republican on a committee to agree with a subpoena.

by Anonymousreply 127December 7, 2022 4:35 PM

In the end....with all of his shenanigans, he did the right thing and conceded.....which is more than I can say for some of his peers, who are still screaming..."Rigged election!". Thank you, Walker.

by Anonymousreply 128December 7, 2022 4:37 PM

Some numbers regarding # of Californians and New Yorkers moving to Georgia:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 7, 2022 4:54 PM

Republican voters believe it is in their interests...to vote against their interests.

by Anonymousreply 130December 7, 2022 5:08 PM

R66 and the people who ww him are morons. A complete 360 would take them back to chastising him for January 6th.

by Anonymousreply 131December 7, 2022 5:19 PM

R131, everyone knows what the OP meant. Geez lighten up.

by Anonymousreply 132December 7, 2022 5:35 PM

What is even more disgusting is McConnell and McCarthy getting a hero's medal....for January 6 opposition. Their opposition that only lasted for a few hours or a day, at most. Then, they go right back to trump again. WTF. They are a big part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 133December 7, 2022 5:56 PM

They didn't get medals, R133. They gave them out to the true heroes of January 6.

by Anonymousreply 134December 7, 2022 6:13 PM

Watch the moment relatives of a fallen January 6 police officer snubbed Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy and refused to shake their hands

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 7, 2022 6:54 PM

Oops...my mistake R134. Thanks...

by Anonymousreply 136December 7, 2022 6:57 PM

McConnell with his extended hand in the wind....lol!

by Anonymousreply 137December 7, 2022 6:58 PM

Georgia is the only state outside of California with the most film & television productions filmed here, than any other state in the U.S.

So it makes sense that a lot of transplants from Cali & NY would move here for work etc!

A blue Georgia would be a beautiful thing.

by Anonymousreply 138December 8, 2022 12:17 AM

Oh yeah & tech too. I can't forget about the tech industry. Lots of tech companies moving into Georgia as well.

by Anonymousreply 139December 8, 2022 12:19 AM

Since Walker is a dumb and full of cum himbo, why doesn't he just become a professional sperm donor at sperm banks since he loves to fuck so much?...I do wonder how many women he has fucked in his life.....

by Anonymousreply 140December 8, 2022 12:21 AM

The Metro Atlanta region is very international. Not just Tech, and entertainment, but people coming from all over: Asian, Indian, European, etc. The backward ass governor, and his Republican buddies are trying to keep the crazies bottled up, to attract business investment. But the more the economy grows, the more they lose power. LOLOL!

by Anonymousreply 141December 8, 2022 12:23 AM

I have a terrible confession to make. I find him extremely sexy, and I usually don't like black dads. Ughhhh.....

by Anonymousreply 142December 8, 2022 12:23 AM

I'm talking about Hereshel

by Anonymousreply 143December 8, 2022 12:29 AM

R142.. don't feel bad, I agree with you! I would love to hate fuck his no doubt still awesome bubble butt until the next election! Captured and Conquered he needs to be. Then I would make a replica of his erection and balls and display it mounted on a small wood plaque on my coffee table or end table and mass produce it to all gay men he no doubts hates, as a power trip for them to get his most private sexual organs in their hands and in their homes!.. Ole Herschel been "had" second hand by gay men, and make sure Herschel knows it and feels forever shame and embarrassment! .....

by Anonymousreply 144December 8, 2022 12:29 AM

Y'all are sick. There is nothing remotely sexy about Walker. He is repulsive. Hate fucking? Really?

by Anonymousreply 145December 8, 2022 1:24 AM

Warnock gives my downtown man areas tingly good feelings and ideas.

by Anonymousreply 146December 8, 2022 1:57 AM

[quote]I can't believe almost 49% of voters chose Walker

For everything that was wrong with Walker and how he would have been an embarrassment to the Senate, I am a teeny tiny bit jealous of how Republicans just go all in for their candidates. They see the "R" and just vote accordingly. No second guessing, no purity concerns, no taking the high moral ground, the numbers are more important than character flaws. And they're still able to sleep at night.

by Anonymousreply 147December 8, 2022 2:11 AM

[quote]Since Walker is a dumb and full of cum himbo, why doesn't he just become a professional sperm donor at sperm banks since he loves to fuck so much?...I do wonder how many women he has fucked in his life.....

You do realize they don't let you fuck at a sperm bank -- right?

by Anonymousreply 148December 8, 2022 2:25 AM

Dems need to learn that lesson, R147.

Instead, you had butt hurt Bernie bros who refused to vote for Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 149December 8, 2022 2:25 AM

[quote] Without whom, their seats would likely be comfortably rethug, giving them control of the Senate, idiot. Their seats are in Arizona and West Virginia - in your addled brain, do you honestly think another dem would be able to win either seat in those two states?

R102 All Sinema and Manchin can be consistently relied upon for is votes for Biden's judicial nominees. And yes, you're correct that in places like West Virginia and (currently) Arizona, this is likely the best we can expect. But if you hate the notion of American potential so much that you're willing to accept the utter horseshit that these two assholes have gotten up to with nixing BBB, lower cost prescription drugs, and overturning carried interest loopholes for the ultra rich...well sir, it is YOUR brain that is addled.

Also, kindly fuck right off. Have a nice day!

by Anonymousreply 150December 8, 2022 3:58 AM

Georgia is showing the rest of the south how it should be done.

by Anonymousreply 151December 8, 2022 4:00 AM

Public service announcement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152December 8, 2022 4:04 AM

WarnCOCK!

by Anonymousreply 153December 8, 2022 4:06 AM

I sort of get Machin based on his history and where he's from. Sinema baffles me. I don't understand what her deal is. Manchin is the best that Democrats can expect from West Virginia, but Arizona, while Purple, is not West Virginia.

by Anonymousreply 154December 8, 2022 4:10 AM

What happens if both Sinema and Manchin align with the GOP to fuck with Dems if they don't get their way?

by Anonymousreply 155December 8, 2022 4:30 AM

I keep expecting Manchin to change parties and I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t.

As for Sinema, she must have huge $$$ behind her and be on somebody’s payroll. She seems to answer to MCConnell and now that his power is totally gone it’s hard to think she also won’t do something to help him get it back. She has to know she’s toast if she runs again as a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 156December 8, 2022 9:42 AM

So are both Georgia senators colored now or…?

by Anonymousreply 157December 8, 2022 9:48 AM

If you’re someone who thinks Jewish = colored r157, and I suspect you are, then yes, their other (White) senator is “colored”.

by Anonymousreply 158December 8, 2022 10:03 AM

R156 The time to do that would've been in the current Congress, when a switch would've swung control of the Senate. After this year, it won't matter if he changes parties. He missed that yacht.

by Anonymousreply 159December 8, 2022 2:59 PM

We should have also won Ohio and Florida. I'm still pissed about that.

by Anonymousreply 160December 8, 2022 3:13 PM

Not going to be pissed, gonna savor the victory and press forward

by Anonymousreply 161December 8, 2022 3:14 PM

That wasn't going to happen, R160.

by Anonymousreply 162December 8, 2022 3:20 PM

I don’t see Synema or Manchin switching parties right now. I think both would have to be in agreement, first of all, that they’re switching (just one switching buys them nothing). And Synema would be facing re-election in a state that is purple, not red.

by Anonymousreply 163December 8, 2022 4:14 PM

[quote]Georgia is showing the rest of the south how it should be done.

The other southern states don’t have a huge urban metropolis like Atlanta and its large black and international populations who vote Democratic.

by Anonymousreply 164December 8, 2022 4:28 PM

[quote]What happens if both Sinema and Manchin align with the GOP to fuck with Dems if they don't get their way?

Then you have to hope that some Republicans like Collins and Murkowski will align with Dems on some issues.

by Anonymousreply 165December 8, 2022 4:30 PM

R164, it's not just Metro Atlanta. The area around Savannah, Augusta, Athens, etc. Georgia is definitely purple. Not blue yet, but close.

by Anonymousreply 166December 8, 2022 5:46 PM

I’m gleeful about this victory, but no Democrats won statewide in Georgia this year. The state is still rather red, at least by 4-7%

by Anonymousreply 167December 8, 2022 6:32 PM

"Rather red," R167? Make no mistake--apart from Atlanta and one other part that went with Warnock, Georgia is still very much the home of Marjorie Taylor Gunt.

by Anonymousreply 168December 8, 2022 6:43 PM

[quote]I’m gleeful about this victory, but no Democrats won statewide in Georgia this year.

Warnock’s US Senate seat is a statewide race, dear.

by Anonymousreply 169December 8, 2022 8:33 PM

[quote]"Rather red," [R167]? Make no mistake--apart from Atlanta and one other part that went with Warnock, Georgia is still very much the home of Marjorie Taylor Gunt.

That applies to every state. That’s like saying California is still the home of Kevin McCarthy, apart from LA and that other city by the bay.

by Anonymousreply 170December 8, 2022 8:35 PM

Look. What it comes down to is mobilizing the base. Younger voters and minority voters, When they show up we win. This is northern, rural Georgia's last stand. You cannot attract new people to the state, with this growing economy, and expect them to put up with backward, asinine customs that locals have embraced for decades.

by Anonymousreply 171December 8, 2022 9:08 PM

No, R170, it doesn't apply to every state. I'm talking the degree to which a state is essentially blue or essentially red. Who is New York the state of? And why wouldn't California be the state of Pelosi?

by Anonymousreply 172December 8, 2022 9:19 PM

[quote]Who is New York the state of?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173December 8, 2022 9:33 PM

[quote]Look. What it comes down to is mobilizing the base. Younger voters and minority voters, When they show up we win. This is northern, rural Georgia's last stand. You cannot attract new people to the state, with this growing economy, and expect them to put up with backward, asinine customs that locals have embraced for decades.

Really? Take a look at Texas and get back to me.

by Anonymousreply 174December 8, 2022 9:51 PM

Like Trump - a puppet and nothing more to these religious nuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175December 9, 2022 6:04 AM

[quote]We should have also won Ohio and Florida. I'm still pissed about that.

The Senate seats in Ohio and Florida were out of reach this year. Wisconsin, however, was very close and was the heartbreaker.

by Anonymousreply 176December 9, 2022 7:13 AM

Sinema just switched to Independent. She's open for business. The highest bidder, i mean donor, will get her vote

by Anonymousreply 177December 9, 2022 10:40 AM

Then someone else can be the Democratic candidate for that seat. She won’t be doing herself any favors running as an independent.

by Anonymousreply 178December 9, 2022 12:46 PM

No R178, she's a sly cunt

The Sinema thing is very simple. Her calculus is that

1. She can't win a primary;

2. If she runs as an independent who caucuses with the Dems, another Democrat can't run bc they would split the vote and give the seat to the Republicans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179December 9, 2022 1:22 PM

Speaking of minorities, Asian-Americans supported Warnock in huge numbers. 18-29 at 92%.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180December 9, 2022 1:30 PM

Does anyone have the numbers broken down about how many Black Men supported Warnock??

by Anonymousreply 181December 9, 2022 2:17 PM

R180 Asians might sometimes lean right but they don't do stupid.

by Anonymousreply 182December 9, 2022 3:00 PM

I'm confused about R179 (and the twitter thread it links to). If Sinema wants to help the Republicans, why doesn't she just become a Republican?

by Anonymousreply 183December 9, 2022 6:56 PM

It wouldn't help her, r183, unless Manchin went too. The Republicans are still the minority because Kamala is the tie breaker. And she would have less power than she has now. If she caucuses with Dems, she keeps her committee assignments too.

by Anonymousreply 184December 9, 2022 7:15 PM

I certainly hope that this is the end of Sinema's politcal career. She can join Tulsi on Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 185December 9, 2022 7:46 PM

Also, she and Manchin both have more leverage on the Democratic side than if they changed parties.

Sinema holds many progressive views that wouldn't be supported on the R side. They wouldn't be sympathetic to her causes on issues of women's rights, pay equity, watershed protection, LGBT rights, etc. And they'd still rather her seat be filled by a genuine GOP butt.

Manchin isn't very progressive, but they similarly have no room in their tent for egomaniacs like him. He'd be shoved into the background, and he'd hate that. And as above, they'd rather take his seat at the next election - and they know they will have it eventually anyway.

by Anonymousreply 186December 9, 2022 7:49 PM

Sinema votes with the Dems more than 90% of the time. So let's hope she keeps caucusing with the Dems. This was a move on her part to insure her chances of re-election.

by Anonymousreply 187December 9, 2022 8:02 PM

Joe Manchin also realizes that everything that gets done at all gets done by Democrats. He may be conservative, but he has shown an actual desire to get shit done and he knows the Republicans can never do much of anything but obstruct.

by Anonymousreply 188December 9, 2022 8:52 PM

R187 It's still not clear what her chances even are at this point. For an independent to win, they need to haul ass on two core metrics:

1) An iconic and rock-solid personal brand in the state. Everyone in the state needs to know them, love them, and be willing to mail them checks. Angus King and Bernie Sanders had won statewide races before, and were long known as local celebrities. They had this.

2) A record of accomplishments, and sufficient promise of future accomplishments, suitable for attracting corporate PAC investment in the millions. Joe Lieberman had a long record of getting shit done, and donors knew if they kept him in the senate, he'd have the clout to repay their investment with legislative favors.

Sinema sucks shit at both of these. All of Arizona knows her, but not even her own family likes her. Both parties will gladly field strong candidates in 2024 and bury her thick ass in the sand. And she's a first-termer better known for globbing onto other people's bills rather than writing her own. She's not a solid investment for corporate America, who can buy twice as much influence at half the price by propping up candidates in cheaper states.

by Anonymousreply 189December 9, 2022 9:10 PM

Fetterman and Warnock were supposed to lose. Then Sinema would announce her Independence, she'd be McConnell's little mole and the Republicans would control the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 190December 9, 2022 9:17 PM

Wisconsin, Florida, Ohio. Can you imagine how great it could have been?

by Anonymousreply 191December 9, 2022 11:00 PM

She needs to be stripped of all of her committee assignments and banished to Siberia.

by Anonymousreply 192December 11, 2022 3:29 AM

^ that's something the GOP would do, dear.

by Anonymousreply 193December 11, 2022 5:15 AM

Sinema is one of the worst in the Senate when it comes to town halls, constituent services, etc. She won't win reelection as an independent but she will split the Democratic vote, ensuring that the seat will flip back to the Republicans. And that's what she was paid to do.

by Anonymousreply 194December 11, 2022 5:16 AM

R194 She will be paid five times as much to retire after one term, whore herself out to lobbyists, launch a branded podcast, and give paid punditry on cable news.

by Anonymousreply 195December 11, 2022 6:04 AM

You know, with Sinema, as opportunistic as she is, if she started out as Republican, none of her behavior would stand out. Looking at the other Republicans she'd fit right in. We expected more from her.

by Anonymousreply 196December 11, 2022 11:48 AM

It’s would be hard to go from Voting 91% with Democrats to voting like a Republican overnight

by Anonymousreply 197December 11, 2022 2:10 PM

You know, not nearly enough attention is given to the staff of some of these people. YOu can be an advocate or an activist and get elected to high office, as the Senate is. But once you get there you have a huge learning curve. So you hire people who know the issues, and who know the protocol. And very often you hire people who tell you how to vote. So you end up having "handers" and it can be intimidating. But the level of corruption is often high. In some ways Congress has become like the Wild West of old. It's wide open to ethics violations. So a top staffer with strong ties to the financial services industry, a guy who may actually help draft the legislation is going to have a lot of influence over his boss.

by Anonymousreply 198December 11, 2022 5:30 PM

Was it some kind of milestone that there were two n-word Senate candidates?

by Anonymousreply 199December 11, 2022 5:44 PM

R198 There's also a lot of patronage that goes on, giving unqualified people government jobs because they were supporters. Some people have the starry-eyed notion that the US government is a corruption free meritocracy.

by Anonymousreply 200December 11, 2022 6:38 PM

Sinema will not be re-elected. She’s done next election cycle. This was a desperate attempt to maintain her power and press attention.

by Anonymousreply 201December 12, 2022 12:42 PM

R193, and that's why Dems are wusses. For God's sake, grow a pair and punish this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 202December 13, 2022 8:36 AM

Warnocks top aid is gay. He was on television dancing at 11:40 pm and having a good ole time. There's also naked cowboy type photos of him online at some gay event in the backwoods somewhere.

He's Warnocks scheduleling guy. For git his name. He also has a 1980s mustache. He's kinda cute.

by Anonymousreply 203December 13, 2022 11:34 PM

She now avoids a Dem primary challenge, ensuring that she will be in the general election in 2024. This is dangerous because the GOP would more likely win if she splits the Dem/Ind vote.

by Anonymousreply 204December 14, 2022 12:46 PM

Facts

by Anonymousreply 205December 14, 2022 1:24 PM

She’s a dumb self-serving bitch.

by Anonymousreply 206December 14, 2022 3:40 PM

Doesn’t matter. Her political career is over.

by Anonymousreply 207December 14, 2022 4:58 PM

[quote]Warnocks top aid is gay. He was on television dancing at 11:40 pm and having a good ole time. There's also naked cowboy type photos of him online at some gay event in the backwoods somewhere. He's Warnocks scheduleling guy. For git his name. He also has a 1980s mustache. He's kinda cute.

Wow. I could use up my yearly quota of "oh, dears" just on this one post.

by Anonymousreply 208December 14, 2022 5:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!